PDA

View Full Version : Legalize it? In november that is!

DeadSkin
03-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Should CA legalize marijuana and tax it for adults?

I say yes!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-marijuana-initiative25-2010mar25,0,4756689.story?track=rss

zimmy1222
03-25-2010, 08:14 AM
didn't this happen awhile ago?

beavington
03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
hopefully the will of the people will realize how great this is for california's economy.

And next year no need to hide it!!!

aphrael
03-25-2010, 08:52 AM
No, it didn't happen a while ago - 12 years ago, California legalized marijuana for medical use, which means you have to go to a doctor and get a recommendation, and the exact legality of a lot of the dispensaries is hazy at best.

Possession of less than an ounce is punishable by a $100 fine unless they can convince a jury that it was possession with intent to distribute.

zimmy1222
03-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Jesus Christ, I'm not that ignorant. I meant when the votes got tallied, that was already released awhile ago.

stupid fucker.

FoxeyLady
03-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Come on California, you can do it!

BlackSwan
03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
This would be nice.

canexplain
03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
2 more years then 1 more year after that for Colorado (I guess unless we had a special election it would be 2 years after California) ...

marooko
03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
This is not gonna be great for California's economy. It's just gonna be more money that gets poorly spent. Kinda like whats going on now.

And make up your fucking mind, California. Is it medicinal or is it recreational? WTF?! This shit pisses me off.

SmokinPenguin
03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
It would be interesting if this were to pass here in California. Would the Federal Government intervene if it does pass? If the DEA is constantly raiding state legal Marijuana Dispensaries whats to stop them from still writing you up for possession of marijuana once it passes?

Theres a very good chance of this passing in the November ballot.

BlackSwan
03-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Since Obama came into office, I've heard the raids have pretty much stopped.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Since Obama came into office, I've heard the raids have pretty much stopped.

If anything, the raids have gotten worse, at least in Los Angeles.

I can't remember his name off the top of my head, but there is someone in the city that has taken it upon himself to make it a personal crusade to shut down as many shops as possible, under the pretense that they are basically selling marajuana as retail establishments that have little or nothing to do with medicinal use.

daxton
03-25-2010, 10:25 AM

I can't remember his name off the top of my head, but there is someone in the city that has taken it upon himself to make it a personal crusade to shut down as many shops as possible, under the pretense that they are basically selling marajuana as retail establishments that have little or nothing to do with medicinal use.

I watched a movie recently, I think Super High Me, that talked about the renegade cop that's been raiding the pot clubs there. Fucking feds.

BlackSwan
03-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Really? That makes sense, I was just going by what I had read...

http://www.healthnews.com/natural-health/alternative-medicine/no-more-federal-marijuana-raids-under-president-obama-2712.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29433708/
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/us/19holder.html

SmokinPenguin
03-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah...the L.A city council recently voted to close down all Marijuana Dispensaries opening after 2007 and putting a heavy restriction as in to where those Dispensaries can be located making it almost impossible to abide by.

TommyboyUNM
03-25-2010, 10:30 AM

This is pretty accurate, though, wouldn't you say?

Geno_g
One of my good friends owns a club in Reseda, they pay all taxes and follow all rules, they got raided this summer and even the LAPD raided their glass studio and stole all of their torches, some of which belonged to the artists renting space...

humanoid

unfortunately, I have been familiar with too many that this has been exactly the case. They need to regulate themselves better and not hire dumb stoner kids that are unable to see the bigger picture. Kids working there, getting a significant discount and running a side business is a sure way to bring increased scrutiny and get shut down. They are setting back the cause if they operate this way, only to help reinforce stereotypes and the fears of the general public. Of course, I'm not speaking of all of them, but several that I have personal knowledge of.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
Yeah well, this isn't a fed. That's why you may have gotten a different impression.

Also, if you're in the Bay Area, things are a lot different. There's something like less than 20 dispensaries in San Francisco, and 3 in Oakland.

At one point, there were upwards of 600 in L.A. - it was officially reported that there were more marijuana dispensaries then there were Starbucks.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM

Yes, i totally agree. I think that what's been on with the clubs is fucking ridiculous. The actual street dealer doesn't even really exist around here anymore because somebody can just go into a store and buy an ounce at any quality or price point any time he wants.

It's a huge retardation of what the medicinal legalization was meant to do, and MOST of them deserve to get shut down.

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah the raid was done by the LAPD, but still stealing someone else property that had nothing to do with the MMJ club is bullshit...

Yeah well, this isn't a fed. That's why you may have gotten a different impression.

Also, if you're in the Bay Area, things are a lot different. There's something like less than 20 dispensaries in San Francisco, and 3 in Oakland.

At one point, there were upwards of 600 in L.A. - it was officially reported that there were more marijuana dispensaries then there were Starbucks.

True, they are finally making there way down to San Jose...

zajaa
03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27685

SmokinPenguin
03-25-2010, 10:37 AM
The marijuana business has to act and present itself more professionally if it wants to be taken serious among voters and politicians.

canexplain
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
We have 100's of MMJ places here in Denver. I know they raided a couple of places but they were not established and more of an overnight type of business. I have said MJ would be legal in "a few more years" and that was '68. I am not going to hold my breath (well except at times :) but it does seem to be getting closer ...

jimmycrackcorn
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.vinylrecords.ch/P/PE/Peter_Tosh/Legalize-CBS-Orange/tosh-legalize-15.jpg

vote +1
:thu

J~$$$$
03-25-2010, 10:56 AM
We have 100's of MMJ places here in Denver. I know they raided a couple of places but they were not established and more of an overnight type of business. I have said MJ would be legal in "a few more years" and that was '68. I am not going to hold my breath (well except at times :) but it does seem to be getting closer ...

we avg 6.2 shops per sq mile.

aphrael
03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm not that ignorant. I meant when the votes got tallied, that was already released awhile ago.

Actually, it wasn't.

When the petition circulators submitted it to the Secretary of State, there was a bunch of press coverage of the number of <em>actual signatures</em>, and a theory that when they counted them (discarding the number of signatures which weren't legitimate because the signers weren't registered voters), it would probably be enough.

The Secretary of State then sent the petitions to the county elections offices, which did a random sampling of signatures to determine what number of the actual signatures were likely valid. The rule is that if the random sample returns a number which is less than 95% of the number required to get on the ballot, the measure fails; if random sample returns a number which is more than 110% of the number required to get on the ballot, the measure is on the ballot; if the random sample returns a number between 95% and 100%, they verify each signature.

The counties had until yesterday to return their counts to the Secretary of State. It had become pretty clear about a week ago (as counties returned their results, the Secretary of State posted them online) that the signatures would be high enough, but the number didn't actually cross the 110% threshold until yesterday when Los Angeles County returned its count.

At that point, the Secretary of State certified the initiative for the ballot.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-measures/qualified-ballot-measures.htm#1377

aphrael
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
This is not gonna be great for California's economy.

Amusingly, there have been urgent meetings in Humboldt County where the local business community has been trying to put together an action plan for what to do if this passes: it's expected to cause a serious drop in the price, thereby wiping out the local economy.

aphrael
03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
If the DEA is constantly raiding state legal Marijuana Dispensaries whats to stop them from still writing you up for possession of marijuana once it passes?

Absolutely nothing.

That said, it's a waste of time to write you up for possession, especially since juries aren't terribly likely to convict. The more likely scenario is that they go after the distribution channel - keeping it from being sold openly in 7-11 or in Amsterdam-style coffee shops.

Then it becomes a big national political battle and an issue in the 2012 Presidential election.

leo01g
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Tobacco companies are going to play an important role in this whole fiasco.

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 11:32 AM

I've been saying this for years, just hope they don't put nicotine or additives in to it...

leo01g
03-25-2010, 11:33 AM
I meant to say that they're going to do everything in their power to stop weed from getting legalized.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
I meant to say that they're going to do everything in their power to stop weed from getting legalized.

really? They;re such different things, and often times are complimented by each other

FoxeyLady
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
they are basically selling marajuana as retail establishments that have little or nothing to do with medicinal use.

unfortunately, I have been familiar with too many that this has been exactly the case. They need to regulate themselves better and not hire dumb stoner kids that are unable to see the bigger picture. Kids working there, getting a significant discount and running a side business is a sure way to bring increased scrutiny and get shut down. They are setting back the cause if they operate this way, only to help reinforce stereotypes and the fears of the general public. Of course, I'm not speaking of all of them, but several that I have personal knowledge of.

This is why Cannibus needs to be legalized for recreational use, not just medicinal. They wouldn't have problems with all these people with exaggerated medical conditions buying weed from the store, basically.

The pharmaceutical companies as well will probably do whatever they can to make sure this doesn't pass.

Blinken
03-25-2010, 12:02 PM
The Tobacco companies should want this to pass. It would be another easy revenue stream for them. They have the industrial rollers and processing equipment already in place, not to mention the distribution network. The only thing the need to do is change the from Tobacco to marijuana.

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 12:14 PM
The Tobacco companies should want this to pass. It would be another easy revenue stream for them. They have the industrial rollers and processing equipment already in place, not to mention the distribution network. The only thing the need to do is change the from Tobacco to marijuana.

DING DING DING!

Marlboro greens...

juloxx
03-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Smoking weed wont be nearly as cool if its legalized

DeadSkin
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM

Aren't the raids getting worse on Dispensaries that are operating illegally? It makes my head hurt to figure out the exact law about it. I know exactly what your talking about though with that renegade jerk off.

DeadSkin
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
DING DING DING!

Marlboro greens...

That would be a horrible Idea and the Govt. should never let them get their grubby little hands on it. I don't want them to try to market it to kids.

leo01g
03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Malboro greens ARE real though!

canexplain
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen
It will happen

well maybe. I do have to admit it is really stange for me here in Co to think "I have to pick up milk, get gas, and oh yea I should pick up a bag at the store on the way home. Oh darn, I am in a hurry I can't stop by my regular place so I will just hit up the MMJ store a few blocks from me ...

SoulDischarge
03-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Maybe someone should start an internet petition.

canexplain
03-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Maybe someone should start an internet petition.

I know you are jk but it might not be a bad idea in states that are about 10 years behind the curve on this, like all of the south ...

guedita
03-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Smoking weed wont be nearly as cool if its legalized

This is a good thing.

I support the legalization for many reasons. I lived in Holland for 6 months so experienced first hand what it is like. It would obviously play out much differently in California.

theecat
03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Nevada has a fighting chance this year as well. Last voting season we got a 44% approval voting to legalize it and tax it.

marooko
03-25-2010, 01:11 PM

Tommy highlighted the pertinent information in this.

I haven't been to a club that acts as a medicinal dispensary. I haven't been to all the clubs, but the ones I have been to, very "cool" places to "buy" weed". Whether they follow rules, pay taxes or whatever.

I also haven't been to a recommending doctor who seemed like he actually cared. I've been to three so far. Well, the last guy did say i should get my blood pressure checked out.

I think the problem is the people who legitimately believe in it's medicinal uses, aren't really the ones you here promoting it. The people who wanna smoke pot, well, you do hear them. All day.

I wanna smoke pot. I'm gonna smoke pot. Legal. Medicinal. Illegal. I don't care. Regardless, it's nice to take advantage of the system some times.

Get your story straight California.

Walk down Venice Beach and tell me these people care about it's medicinal purposes. They don't. they want and like the money. That's it!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Yes, that's the problem. The dispensary should not be playing reggae music, mood lighting and allow you to smoke in a lounge in the back (which a lot of them have). They also should not allow people to buy however much they want at any given time.

The dispensaries in L.A. are effectively supplying drug dealers, which is pretty much the complete opposite of what was supposed to happen and be able to happen.

Every jerkoff that simply tells a doctor that he has problem sleeping or his foot hurts also aren't supposed to be able to just fork over $100 and get a card.

Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with smoking weed. i used to smoke it a LOT. I don't mind it being smoked around me.

But I'm sick of hearing people whine about the Federal government and their rights being oppressed blah blah blah when all of these places completely take advantage of these laws and manipulate them into multi-million dollar businesses

J~$$$$
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
But I'm sick of hearing people whine about the Federal government and their rights being oppressed blah blah blah when all of these places completely take advantage of these laws and manipulate them into multi-million dollar businesses

ummmm......this is what happens with any US owned business its the merican way.

marooko
03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, that's the problem. The dispensary should not be playing reggae music, mood lighting and allow you to smoke in a lounge in the back (which a lot of them have). They also should not allow people to buy however much they want at any given time.

The dispensaries in L.A. are effectively supplying drug dealers, which is pretty much the complete opposite of what was supposed to happen and be able to happen.

Every jerkoff that simply tells a doctor that he has problem sleeping or his foot hurts also aren't supposed to be able to just fork over $100 and get a card.

Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with smoking weed. i used to smoke it a LOT. I don't mind it being smoked around me.

That.^

We're in almost the same boat. Only difference is I still smoke.

It's BS man. Medicinal. Pshh, whatever. Not whatever in the sense of it's properties, but in the sense that that is actually what the majority of people who seek it, want it for.

And it's not the "merican" way, it's called greed. But yeah, America. Me you, everyone.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
That.^
We're in almost the same boat. Only difference is I still smoke.

I still smoke sometimes

I quit for a while because i was smoking SO much that it was negatively affecting my life

Then my tolerance went back to square one and when i smoke I go into OUTER SPACE

I never felt like starting that train back up to get a tolerance level when I could enjoy smoking it off and on

So when i smoke it nowadays i gotta really be in the mood to zone the fuck out and not move or talk for a few hours

J~$$$$
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
And it's not the "merican" way, it's called greed. But yeah, America. Me you, everyone.

The ultimate goal of any business is to make money. There is nothing greedy about it. C.R.E.A.M. You can grow your own if you choose to not to part of the system, or some other hippie bullshit.

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
This might be good for the glassblowers, more people smoking, more people in need of smoking apparatus. I'm gonna get to work, haha...

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
It's practically impossible to make any profit at the price dispensaries sell at. This is dumb.

True that, street prices are where dealers get their dank, 360+ a zip, really gonna make a good profit off of that, plus they don't push weight, I think some clubs have a 1 zip max...

marooko
03-25-2010, 01:53 PM
The ultimate goal of any business is to make money. There is nothing greedy about it. C.R.E.A.M. You can grow your own if you choose to not to part of the system, or some other hippie bullshit.

I don't contest that at all. But when you put your morals aside, if you had any to begin with, to make money, I feel that's greed. Not business.

Do they have clubs in your neck of the woods, how are they run?

marooko
03-25-2010, 01:53 PM
True that, street prices are where dealers get their dank, 360+ a zip, really gonna make a good profit off of that, plus they don't push weight, I think some clubs have a 1 zip max...

Are you saying the club is 360+ or on the street?

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Are you saying the club is 360+ or on the street?

Clubs sell zips for $360 all the way to $400 and plus, on the streets anyone can get it for cheap, if you buy a QP.

marooko
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Ok. Just wasn't sure what ya meant.

Luckily, the majority of my friends grow. 225 max. For one.

Mr. Dylanja
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM

But they don't call you Smokey McSmokerstein now do they?

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Ok. Just wasn't sure what ya meant.

Luckily, the majority of my friends grow. 225 max. For one.

Yep, mario have you done any research on vertical lights, I have some friends testing it out, seems to be the way to go...

marooko
03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
I haven't recently. Last time i looked in to those was a couple years ago. They were only selling the big kits at the time. Way too expensive. But I always liked the concept. More light, more plant, more flower. Especially if you get light to the lower flowers.

I've had mine get too tall. It's not cool and hard to fucking maintain.

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 02:13 PM
My friends are doing digital ballasts with a light socket rigged to the roof to raise and lower, they are doing it is without the reflector and the bulbs just hang from the celling. These babies grow out instead of up, big time yields...

canexplain
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Yep, mario have you done any research on vertical lights, I have some friends testing it out, seems to be the way to go...

You still have to have horizontal MH or HPS because fluorescents don’t have enough light to do the job after you get your clones going. I also know that “most” high output lights have to be horizontal although the ballast can be vertical … What kind of lights are your friends using …. It's a lot in the pruning anyway ....

Mr. Dylanja
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM
How many stoners does it take to change a light socket rig?

canexplain
03-25-2010, 02:16 PM
My friends are doing digital ballasts with a light socket rigged to the roof to raise and lower, they are doing it is without the reflector and the bulbs just hang from the celling. These babies grow out instead of up, big time yields...

Thank you, you answered my question. Yea if you see major grow rooms, they never have the reflectors ....

J~$$$$
03-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuttt?

marooko
03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes, they do. It's just, there are many different ways to grow a plant.

Geno, PM is on it's way.

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Thank you, you answered my question. Yea if you see major grow rooms, they never have the reflectors ....

You need the reflector to aim the light down if doing horizontal lighting...

And they have 1000w HPS bulbs hanging vertically, with a couple 600w...

Mr. Dylanja
03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Geno, PM is on it's way.

Are you guys sharing pics to see whose is bigger?

marooko
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
No, I'm confident. In myself and in my weed. I don't brag about either.

there's always gonna be someone bigger, better and badder. Be it with weed, wangs or what have you.

canexplain
03-25-2010, 02:37 PM
No, I'm confident. In myself and in my weed. I don't brag about either.

there's always gonna be someone bigger, better and badder. Be it with weed, wangs or what have you.

Of course there is some sort of limit, but I wonder how high they can get the THC before it hits a plateau? I know there is some out there with a content of mid 20%. I am also not 100 percent sure that twice the thc=twice the high though.

You know something else I might be wrong on but I bet I am not. When you sell or buy from the MMJ places here, it is about 650-1000 for 1/4lb to sell and about 250-400 an oz to buy. We need a McDonalds option: You can legally buy swag for 40-50 an oz. This might steer from the MMJ thinking to the I just want to get high thinking but a lot of people who really need MMJ cannot afford the high prices ... CR's**** Discount House of Pot :) ... I won't grow it though because it is a bust from non police people as much as it is a bust for police .....

zajaa
03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
every time i read "majority of californians support legalization" i get the chills. now let's just keep our fingers crossed that utah mormons don't fuck this one up for us too

Mr. Dylanja
03-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Ron, have you read about any of that conspiracy stuff involving the Denver airport? I just saw something on it last night, pretty crazy.

SmokinPenguin
03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Man, I can't wait to start seeing the TV ads against it. lol I could already see it.

marooko
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Crazy Black men will rape your White children!!!!

juloxx
03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Ron, have you read about any of that conspiracy stuff involving the Denver airport? I just saw something on it last night, pretty crazy.

It really is a bizzare airport. They have this huge creepy horse statue/monument thing standing right outside the airport. You pass it as you enter or leave

http://www.americanstyle.com/Media/PublicationsArticle/SL_Mustang2_0.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
03-25-2010, 04:39 PM
He picked me up from said airport last summer, I didn't get a chance to scope the place out but there's all sorts of crazy shit there.

canexplain
03-25-2010, 04:45 PM
It really is a bizzare airport. They have this huge creepy horse statue/monument thing standing right outside the airport. You pass it as you enter or leave

That is there to scare you and let you know not to fuck with Denver :)

Yea Dylan, I always chuckle at those stories. Here is how special we are ...

Other websites connect DIA to the Jon Benet Ramsey murder, reptilian aliens, mind control experimentation, a Masonic-Alien connection or spaceport (seemingly made plausible by a Masonic capstone at DIA), the location of 2012 survival bunkers for the elite, "a New World Order Concentration Camp," or a sort of Area 51 hiding in plain sight.

That's the Denver Bronco BTW

Sleepingrock
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyone have experience growing outside?? My dad wanted to grow a plant cause they ¨look nice¨ this year, when is the proper time for planting and such??

marooko
03-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Where do you live?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Ca Na Da

canexplain
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Anyone have experience growing outside?? My dad wanted to grow a plant cause they ¨look nice¨ this year, when is the proper time for planting and such??

No but the yield is much much more ... I have read online of 3-4lb plants being nothing unusual (just bud not the trash) ...

gaypalmsprings
03-25-2010, 07:09 PM
why do you think they call it dope?

canexplain
03-25-2010, 07:14 PM
why do you think they call it dope?

I go crazy 'cause my folks are so fucking rich
Have to score when I get that rich white punk itch
Sounds real classy, living in a chateau
So lonely, all the other kids will never know

We're white punks on dope
Mom & Dad live in Hollywood

Mr.Nipples
03-25-2010, 07:43 PM

is that a dick vein running from his crotch on up his chest?

gaypalmsprings
03-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Teenage had a race for the night time
Spent my cash on every high I could find
Wasted time in every school in L.A.
Getting loose, I didn't care what the kids say

blackchango
03-25-2010, 07:52 PM
It's gonna happen !

Geno_g
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM

Depending on what part of canada, and the temps, if you were in CA I would say now...

donkey sex
03-25-2010, 11:16 PM
buy it in the fifteen items or less line at the store. And fresh out of the oven Bakery items.

donkey sex
03-26-2010, 12:09 AM
http://www.105classics.net/105classics/jsp/images/ristampe/tosh_legalf.jpg

Astrid
10-14-2010, 12:05 PM
http://christwire.org/2010/10/pot-smoking-radicals-are-using-the-internet-to-turn-america-into-a-socialist-sex-utopia/

this article is full of more win than anything ive ever read. finish it though, it keeps even BETTER at the end. hot damn.

Pot Smoking Radicals Are Using the Internet to Turn America Into a Socialist Sex Utopia

One of the most disturbing aspects of Barack Obama’s ascension to the Oval Office is that this nation is now formally turning a blind eye to marijuana abuse among our young people. Legalization is no longer a philosophical question. It’s happening in our very communities. Unscrupulous doctors are even prescribing the street drug as some sort of “miracle cure.” They bastardize health studies and local legislative mandates to sell the deadly weed and no police force is stopping them.

Yet marijuana still remains a controlled substance that violates federal narcotics laws. It is a well-known component in violent crime, the mafia, street gangs, murder, foreign socialist governments and the skyrocketing number of illegal aliens entering this country. On the home front, it quite simply destroys lives. As “pot” travels from inner city ghettos to quiet American communities, it finances the worst sorts of criminal hedonists who prey on children. Once in a young person’s hands, the drug wrecks hopes and dreams. It crushes one’s mental development and makes a person incapable of hard work. Our youth addicts lack the ability to face complex problems and lose all interest in physical exercise. It is a gateway to a life deferred, desperate and alone.

The Bible warns us, “Cast off the works of darkness, walk properly, not in drunkenness. Make no provision to fulfill the lusts of the flesh” (Romans 13:12-14). This is vital for a moral life because of the persistent threat of Satan and sin. “Be sober so we can be on guard for the devil, resist him, and not be devoured by him. Realizing how dangerous Satan is, we should keep our minds clear so we can recognize his deceit and resist his temptations” (1 Peter 5:8-9). What drugs like marijuana do is that they lead us into worshipping our bodies and our temporary emotions more than serving our Lord and appreciating His glory. God is very clear on the danger of indulgence and the tremendous health and spiritual risks of marijuana perfectly exemplify His wisdom on this matter.

stephenson billings on Pot Smoking Radicals

Yet young people will do anything for this grungy skanky weed. They will lie and cheat. They will steal car stereos or trade their delicate, yearning bodies to bearded ex-cons. They will flirt with biker gangs or cruise skid row. And once they grab hold of a bag of this deadly drug, they become paranoid and greedy, often turning to violence to knock off their fellow addicts so they will have more for themselves. To do their smoking, teens and 20-somethings seek out the very places that a serial killer would likely prowl– empty parking lots and abandoned buildings. Just imagine your kids falling asleep, knocked out on drugs, as unknown pedophiles watch from nearby bushes… Or else they lock themselves behind dead bolts in rundown railroad flats, heavy blankets covering the windows and the phone permanently off the hook to avoid calls from Mom.

Toking, sucking, chuffing…. These are all words to describe a pot lover gulping down that acrid yellow smoke deep into his lungs. The sensation that comes almost immediately is one of pain and trauma but the addict likes the punishment, he lives for the punishment! He will hallucinate shadowed monsters on the walls, the sound of rabid dogs scratching at his door. Maybe his hand will fall off or the television will speak to him like Satan in this putrid delusion. The mind is thus released from any moral boundaries and sex naturally ensues. Paganistic, hedonistic orgies of lust perversion where no hole is left unviolated. The thrill of sadomasochistic carnal insanity is the great addiction of the toker. Penetrating each other for days, slobbering like wolves gorging on a carcass, the stain of their fluids on every wall will grow tacky before the hippie party ends. They will return to this again and again until they no longer know what sex is, what decency is, what America is. Or else they release themselves through constant, violent masturbation. Yes, self-gratification is a chronic disease of the weed wanton. Trapped in a world where only the hand and the genitalia exist, neither hurricanes nor death can unlock the grasp of the marijuana masturbator before it’s time.

stephenson billings on Pot Smoking Radicals

Maybe it should come as no surprise that Obama is advocating for this sort of lifestyle. The New York Times is on board. In a recent article entitled, “New Fuel for Local Papers: Medical Marijuana Ads,” the paper gave the liberal stamp of approval for pot use, making it sound as if it’s the key to economic recovery. Other media organizations are celebrating the socialistic side of drugs as well, from The Colorado Springs Independent to The Orange County Weekly. Abandoning any question of faith or Christianity, reporters at these papers delight in posting shots of big gobs of green-brown buds. In close-ups, the drug has a decidedly evil look. When you think of a banana or a piece of apple pie, there’s something wholesome about that image. They are beautiful and glorious things that you want to eat, knowing that God Himself has provided them for us to delight in! Yet that menacing nasty, pungent reefer weed repulses and frightens. It is the excrement of the devil, sticky and rusty like a brillo-pad that you find at the bottom of a junkyard toilet. It’s there, ready to clog the pipes of your brain with the worst nightmares imaginable– anal violation that does not relent, bare acres of bosoms that suffocate, jack-booted thugs spitting on your face…

Today, these pot-addled hellbound haters of life and liberty are gathering strength in the dark shadows of the internet. No sunlight on their pale, pimpled flesh is needed for them demand changing laws and changing America. They work themselves into frenzies of hostility and mania on their childishly designed message boards and blogs with names like “Grasscity” or “Concept 420” or “Pot Smokers Net.” And then they simply click and donate from their secret opium dens. Their goals are clearly in line with the worst socialist treasons of Chavez and Lenin. Welfare, of course, is on the top of their lists. How else could they support their pathetic, unemployed lifestyles of sitting around the couch all day watching cartoons and Stephen Colbert? Secondly, they want free health care and demand that it include “medical marijuana”. Thirdly, illegal aliens, for it is these very people who are their drug mules delivering dirty baggies of damnation on sweaty bicycles right to their front doors. More broadly, the pot addict advocates for sexual freedom, including the decriminalization of sodomy, polygamy and bestiality. The sum total of these repressible and outrageously dangerous activities is mind-boggling

How can we let this happen in the United States of America? This was once a great, no an INCREDIBLE country! We were the leaders of the free world. We led in FREEDOM and RIGHTEOUSNESS! And now that is being thrown away so our kids can enjoy their reefer kicks in broken down cars in factory parking lots. God and Country have been sacrificed because our young people would rather hang out on the couch, changing the channel from Christ to cartoons, stripping down to their dirty jockstraps and unclasping corpulent bras so they can grope each other in stoned fantasy lands of “free love” fetish play where every finger finds a hole, every mouth finds a nipple. God forbid our enemies invade, they would discover our hearty children fornicating in every corner of this country, drugged out of their minds, bare behinds in the wind… And knowing the lusty and immoral cravings of those swarthy barbarians, they would most likely jump right in and ride our young heathens off into the sunset of America’s greatness, slapping and howling to Allah all the way.

TomAz
10-14-2010, 12:10 PM
we need to reduce freedom so that we can lead in FREEDOM

guedita
10-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Ugh, now I'm going to be all kinds of paranoid about the unknown pedophiles lurking in nearby bushes when I'm getting stoned in my favorite bramble.

marooko
10-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Should CA legalize marijuana and tax it for adults?

I say yes!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-marijuana-initiative25-2010mar25,0,4756689.story?track=rss

No.

TomAz
10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
hey by the way, if anyone wants to trade their delicate, yearning body for some weed, come find me on my harley on skid row.

marooko
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
I need to go take a shower now.

J~$$$$
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Rundown railroad flats go for $700,000 and up in my town.

locachica73
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM
The mind is thus released from any moral boundaries and sex naturally ensues. Paganistic, hedonistic orgies of lust perversion where no hole is left unviolated. The thrill of sadomasochistic carnal insanity is the great addiction of the toker. Penetrating each other for days, slobbering like wolves gorging on a carcass, the stain of their fluids on every wall will grow tacky before the hippie party ends. They will return to this again and again until they no longer know what sex is, what decency is, what America is. Or else they release themselves through constant, violent masturbation. Yes, self-gratification is a chronic disease of the weed wanton. Trapped in a world where only the hand and the genitalia exist, neither hurricanes nor death can unlock the grasp of the marijuana masturbator before it’s time.

Really???? Have I been smoking the wrong stuff?

J~$$$$
10-14-2010, 12:37 PM
What is America?

amyzzz
10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
loca, I want summa THAT.

TomAz
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
amy and audra want all their holes penetrated.

locachica73
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Every comment I come up with sounds horrible so I am just going to keep my fingers quiet.

NachoCat
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I support

summerkid
10-14-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm in support of it only so we can tax the fuck out of it.

Bud Luster
10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I agree with Summerkid. If it makes sense to decriminalize to east the burden on courts and the prison system, then we to follow suit and tax it to make $$$. Amsterdam anyone?

TomAz
10-14-2010, 03:22 PM
If you want "secure borders" then you must support legalization.

Distorted_Jungle
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
The mind is thus released from any moral boundaries and sex naturally ensues. Paganistic, hedonistic orgies of lust perversion where no hole is left unviolated. The thrill of sadomasochistic carnal insanity is the great addiction of the toker. Penetrating each other for days, slobbering like wolves gorging on a carcass, the stain of their fluids on every wall will grow tacky before the hippie party ends. They will return to this again and again until they no longer know what sex is, what decency is, what America is. Or else they release themselves through constant, violent masturbation. Yes, self-gratification is a chronic disease of the weed wanton. Trapped in a world where only the hand and the genitalia exist, neither hurricanes nor death can unlock the grasp of the marijuana masturbator before it’s time.

Really???? Have I been smoking the wrong stuff?

I think that might be Horny Goat Weed.

Chromezeppelin
10-14-2010, 03:55 PM

i could never make weed sound this good

locachica73
10-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I think that might be Horny Goat Weed.

I am pretty sure that's grown up in Oregon... Dirty Hippies.

BROKENDOLL
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
hey by the way, if anyone wants to trade their delicate, yearning body for some weed, come find me on my harley on skid row.
What color is your Harley?

liquidsnake28
10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
All drugs should be legalized and the worst ones like meth and coke should be taxed like crazy. If you tax marijuana too much then people will stop buying it from dispensaries.

BROKENDOLL
10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
i could never make weed sound this good
I just had a brainstorm! A glass dildo that acts as a bong! And it wouldn't have to just be glass...Plastic would work too. In fact, you could store the removable bowl in the nut sack at the base of your dildo...Genius...

SoulDischarge
10-18-2010, 02:28 AM
http://christwire.org/2010/10/pot-smoking-radicals-are-using-the-internet-to-turn-america-into-a-socialist-sex-utopia/

this article is full of more win than anything ive ever read. finish it though, it keeps even BETTER at the end. hot damn.

Pot Smoking Radicals Are Using the Internet to Turn America Into a Socialist Sex Utopia

Looks like Hannahrain has been trolling on other forums.

guedita
10-19-2010, 05:39 AM
I asked my dad if he was going to vote yes on Prop 19 and then he start yammering about how all anyone ever want to do is raise his taxes. "NO TO ANYTHING EVEN MENTIONING THE WORD TAX!"

gaypalmsprings
10-19-2010, 05:51 AM
I vote against all taxes and all judges.

Even if pot is legalized in California, the Feds will still arrest you. Obama loves you.

PotVsKtl
10-19-2010, 10:03 AM
You vote against all judges? What kind of a fucking stance is that? You realize someone has to fill the position, right?

You vote against all taxes? What kind of a fucking stance is that? The world doesn't run on magic.

Maybe you should spend more time learning about what you're actually voting on and less time collecting shitty gifs and blowing puppies.

obzen
10-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Prop 19 is trailing badly in the polls...

MOAR VOTEZ.

vinylmartyr
10-22-2010, 09:29 AM
weed is pretty much legal anyways. I been caught with weed several times and never gotten a ticket. I will vote for legalization though.

obzen
10-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Same here, I would like to see cheaper herb though.

jimmycrackcorn
10-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Voted absentee

guedita
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't think this will pass, because the people that could push this into a victory rarely tend to show up to the polls on non-presidential election years. Anyway, Nicholas Kristof's op-ed piece today presents some of the crucial logical facts in favor of legalizing marijauna:

I dropped in on a marijuana shop here that proudly boasted that it sells “31 flavors.” It also offered a loyalty program. For every 10 purchases of pot — supposedly for medical uses — you get one free packet.

“There are five of these shops within a three-block radius,” explained the proprietor, Edward J. Kim. He brimmed with pride at his inventory and sounded like any small businessman as he complained about onerous government regulation. Like, well, state and federal laws.

But those burdensome regulations are already evaporating in California, where anyone who can fake a headache already can buy pot. Now there’s a significant chance that on Tuesday, California voters will choose to go further and broadly legalize marijuana.

I hope so. Our nearly century-long experiment in banning marijuana has failed as abysmally as Prohibition did, and California may now be pioneering a saner approach. Sure, there are risks if California legalizes pot. But our present drug policy has three catastrophic consequences.

First, it squanders billions of dollars that might be better used for education. California now spends more money on prisons than on higher education. It spends about $216,000 per year on each juvenile detainee, and just $8,000 on each child in the troubled Oakland public school system.

Each year, some 750,000 Americans are arrested for possession of small amounts of marijuana. Is that really the optimal use of our police force?

In contrast, legalizing and taxing marijuana would bring in substantial sums that could be used to pay for schools, libraries or early childhood education. A Harvard economist, Jeffrey A. Miron, calculates that marijuana could generate $8.7 billion in tax revenue each year if legalized nationally, while legalization would also save the same sum annually in enforcement costs.

That’s a $17 billion swing in the nation’s finances — enough to send every 3- and 4-year-old in a poor family to a high-quality preschool. And that’s an investment that would improve education outcomes and reduce crime and drug use in the future — with enough left over to pay for an extensive nationwide campaign to discourage drug use.

The second big problem with the drug war is that it has exacerbated poverty and devastated the family structure of African-Americans. Partly that’s because drug laws are enforced inequitably. Black and Latino men are much more likely than whites to be stopped and searched and, when drugs are found, prosecuted.

Here in Los Angeles, blacks are arrested for marijuana possession at seven times the rate whites are, according to a study by the Drug Policy Alliance, which favors legalization. Yet surveys consistently find that young whites use marijuana at higher rates than young blacks.

Partly because of drug laws, a black man now has a one-in-three chance of serving time in prison at some point in his life, according to the Sentencing Project, a group that seeks reform in the criminal justice system. This makes it more difficult for black men to find jobs, more difficult for black women to find suitable husbands, and less common for black children to grow up in stable families with black male role models. So, sure, drugs have devastated black communities — but the remedy of criminal sentencing has made the situation worse.

The third problem with our drug policy is that it creates crime and empowers gangs. “The only groups that benefit from continuing to keep marijuana illegal are the violent gangs and cartels that control its distribution and reap immense profits from it through the black market,” a group of current and former police officers, judges and prosecutors wrote last month in an open letter to voters in California.

I have no illusions about drugs. One of my childhood friends in Yamhill, Ore., pretty much squandered his life by dabbling with marijuana in ninth grade and then moving on to stronger stuff. And yes, there’s some risk that legalization would make such dabbling more common. But that hasn’t been a significant problem in Portugal, which decriminalized drug use in 2001.

Likewise, medical marijuana laws approved in 1996 have in effect made pot accessible to any adult in California, without any large increase in usage. Special medical clinics abound where for about $45 you can see a doctor who is certain to give you the medical recommendation that you need to buy marijuana. Then you can visit Mr. Kim and choose one of his 31 varieties, topping out at a private “OG” brand that costs $75 for one-eighth of an ounce. “It’s like a fine wine, cured, aged, dried,” he boasted.

Or browse the online offerings. One store advertises: “refer a friend, get free joint.” And the world hasn’t ended.

One advantage of our federal system is that when we have a failed policy, we can grope for improvements by experimenting at the state level. I hope California will lead the way on Tuesday by legalizing marijuana.

obzen
10-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah, it's hopeless; this won't pass.

getbetter
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm going take one "nice" walk on tuesday to go vote.

liquidsnake28
10-28-2010, 01:41 PM
It really doesn't matter until the federal government legalizes it.

PotVsKtl
10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
It really doesn't matter until the federal government legalizes it.

Absolutely false. Change has to start somewhere, and traditionally it starts at the state level in America. That's how our country was set up.

liquidsnake28
10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
True. It just seems like lots of Californians don't realize that if it gets passed on Tuesday, the federal government can still bust people if they want.

JustSteve
10-28-2010, 01:59 PM
hasn't obama told the feds to back off, though?

neon bible
10-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Absolutely false. Change has to start somewhere, and traditionally it starts at the state level in America. That's how our country was set up.

^Yes, for example, look at Prohibition. Kansas was the first state to repeal it and many states in the west followed, and then the rest of the states. Eventually it led to Congress passing the 21st Amendment which repealed the 18th Amendment.

neon bible
10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't think this will pass, because the people that could push this into a victory rarely tend to show up to the polls on non-presidential election years. Anyway, Nicholas Kristof's op-ed piece today presents some of the crucial logical facts in favor of legalizing marijauna:

Really awesome piece. link?

guedita
10-28-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/28/opinion/28kristof.html

Pixiessp
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Ugh, now I'm going to be all kinds of paranoid about the unknown pedophiles lurking in nearby bushes when I'm getting stoned in my favorite bramble.

Yes!! That's the one I was meant. Thanks Amy. Oops!! Wrong thread.