PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Overnight Parking for Camping!!

wstsidela
03-24-2010, 10:29 PM
QUESTION: Where do people that are staying with me in my RV but driving up separately park for the weekend?

ANSWER: There is a LIMITED amount of overnight parking for companion cars. This parking lot will be a long walk to all the camping areas. There is no close drop point for camping gear. If you are joining your friend(s) who already have a spot set up or you have more than one car with your group of friends sharing a spot, you can park the other vehicle here. It is imperative that all onsite campers carpool and combine into the least number of vehicles. This area WILL fill up. If you move your car from here you may not be able to get a spot when you return. Cars parked in this lot will ONLY be allowed to leave or return between the hours of 2am - 11am starting friday 4/16/10. If you need to leave for good to go home outside of those hours, plan ahead and move your car into regular festival day parking between 9am - 11a.

These lots will be closed to in and out traffic at all other times.

Please note that festival "DAY PARKING" is not for overnight parking or campers and cars will be towed at 3am.

Stand By for camping/parking maps closer to the festival dates.

http://www.coachella.com/camping/rvcamping

All my questions are answered

F00FIGHTER20
03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
this might be a silly question but will the parking lot be open all day on Thursday...at least just to enter? i will most likely be arriving between 3
and 5.

Stickjohn
03-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Well, it doesn't actually say what time it opens in the rules but it would only make sense if it opened roughly the same time the camping areas open. That's the whole purpose of having it. Could still be full by the time you get there though ...no way of knowing that.