PDA

View Full Version : Walmart: overnight parking?

paniikd
03-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey guys!

I went to coachella in '07 and had the same situation i do now...no place to sleep and im goin solo! While I have friends to meet up with during the day Ive decided to do what i didnt do last time and try to get information on where to stay this time. Last time I parked in a random neighborhood near the festival and slept in my car for two nights. I had no trouble, but Im pretty sure that was just pure luck! lol. Anyways, i was told by some friends that you could park overnight legally at a nearby walmart? Anyone have any information on this? Have you stayed in the parking lot? how far from the festival is this? do you have to reserve a spot? Let me know! thanks

finding_ashes@hotmail.com

jessica.

TomServo
03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
The Rapechella posts are very amusing.

Make some friends and sleep at the campgrounds... just watch yourself!

citizenerased
03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Just wonderin, what's stopping people from sleeping in their cars in the Coachella parking lot? Do they just straight up not let cars stay there overnight?

daftmonkey64
03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
straight up yo

Neighborhood Creep
03-24-2010, 08:21 PM
You can leave your car there, just sucks thinking about sleeping in your car though. I have room at my site if you want to toss up a tent or sleep in my car. Msg me if your interested. Cochella campgrounds beat wal mart

Zippy024
03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Just wonderin, what's stopping people from sleeping in their cars in the Coachella parking lot? Do they just straight up not let cars stay there overnight?

I've been told by the parking lot crew last year that they will tow/move cars unless you have a camping pass. If you have a camping pass and you are parked in the general parking area, they will move it up closer to one end of the parking lot just to keep it orderly but if they catch you sleeping in the cars they will most likely ask you to leave.

blackchango
03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
You can leave your car there, just sucks thinking about sleeping in your car though. I have room at my site if you want to toss up a tent or sleep in my car. Msg me if your interested. Cochella campgrounds beat wal mart
You just consented

paniikd
03-24-2010, 08:40 PM
The Rapechella posts are very amusing.

LOL. yeah i guess it does sound dangerous to some people. haha.

scottdavid88
03-25-2010, 05:52 AM

They'll be towing cars at 3am...

Please note that festival "DAY PARKING" is not for overnight parking or campers and cars will be towed at 3am.

CoachellaVet
03-29-2010, 08:58 AM
I was admittedly late in getting my tickets; who'd have thunk that camping would sell out before the concert tickets did?

Did a bit of research and found that the Walmart at
79295 Us Hwy 111, La Quinta CA 92253 has OKd Overnight Parking as long as vehicle is moved before 24 hrs
(The manager said there is security, but they are looking for cars that are left there, and "You should be alright")

So, I'll Hit 24 hr fitness for showers,

and avoid the scam Camping tickets and far away campgrounds.

Oh, and if you have a concert ticket you CAN get into the campgrounds, in case you wanted to be a part of "that action"

~C Vet

billtino
03-29-2010, 01:17 PM
There is also a Costco not too far away for your parking consideration. Gonna be one f'n hot walk tho.

paniikd
03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Also, Walmart has everything you could ever need so if you need some food, cigs, beer, etc, its all right there at your disposal until they close at lik 9! lol.

dekr510
03-29-2010, 03:10 PM
..and tents..you could pass out in..till they open the next morning

amyzzz
03-29-2010, 03:24 PM
I was admittedly late in getting my tickets; who'd have thunk that camping would sell out before the concert tickets did?

79295 Us Hwy 111, La Quinta CA 92253 has OKd Overnight Parking as long as vehicle is moved before 24 hrs
(The manager said there is security, but they are looking for cars that are left there, and "You should be alright")

Oh, and if you have a concert ticket you CAN get into the campgrounds, in case you wanted to be a part of "that action"

~C VetThat's good to know.

jimmycrackcorn
03-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Also, Walmart has everything you could ever need so if you need some food, cigs, beer, etc, its all right there at your disposal until they close at lik 9! lol.

i don't know where you are from but out here the walmarts are supercenters that are open 24hrs a day 364 days a year...

canexplain
03-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I haven't looked lately but on the walmart site they even talked about camping overnight and they encourage it. They hope you will come in thru the night and buy stuff. I have stayed in 4 different walmarts I think and it was always cool. Don't crank out a keg and start a fire though. Just be cool and they will be cool. I don't know about Costco though if it is legal ...

JustSteve
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
i don't know where you are from but out here the walmarts are supercenters that are open 24hrs a day 364 days a year...

old people.

lizng
03-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Companion parking has been announced, so you can park your car at coachella and camp. Make some friends.

http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping#faq0-32

Stickjohn
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
It would have been so easy to charge $ for that too. They didn't.

Kid Charlemagne
03-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I'll probably end up parking and sleeping at Wal-Mart too, I'm going to be eating a lot of luncheon meats that weekend, I can already tell. Talk about a lack of first timers luck.

nbvcide
03-31-2010, 02:00 AM
wouldn't parking your car at a hotel, and camping on site make more sense to everyone?

billtino
03-31-2010, 11:33 AM
24hr store indeed...

canexplain
03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
wouldn't parking your car at a hotel, and camping on site make more sense to everyone?

Most hotels would tow your car away especially during that time of year I would think. You know when you get a hotel room you have to "register" your car with the hotel so they know which cars should be there.

leapfrog242
04-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Well I just might see ya there if I don't find somebody friendly and companion parking fills up! I once camped inside a Wal-Mart overnight for a Wii, so I've done stranger things before hah.

Harrisment
04-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Sleeping in a Wal Mart parking lot. Seriously? You people do realize there are affordable hotels still available in Palm Springs right? I just did a search on Travelocity and it found 8 different places that still had rooms for under $150/night.

By all means sleep in a parking lot if you want to, it just seems like people are freaking the fuck out because camping is full and don't seem to comprehend that there are other options available.

coldwarriddim
04-02-2010, 09:31 PM
If you can't find somebody who will let you camp on their spot, even last minute at the festival if necessary, you probably should be spending the weekend in a Walmart parking lot

Media Blitz
04-13-2010, 02:28 AM
A single Wal Mart store with over 200 employees costs the American taxpayer $400,000. You already paid for camping there.

ayemelectric
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
is there any chance the parking lot will fill up/ any way or need to guarantee a spot?

nikki s.
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
is there any chance the parking lot will fill up/ any way or need to guarantee a spot?

nope. its wal-mart. they will let you stay there, but its not a campground. you can pull in & sleep but that's it. you'll probably be fine. those lots are huge.

Mashka
04-11-2011, 11:29 PM

~C Vet

Where did you find the information about Walmart being fine with overnight parking?

YouthD
04-12-2011, 12:59 AM
I fucking hate you Mashka, I want my damn 5 minutes back. But yes, Walmart is completely ok with you staying there overnight.

Mashka
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Cam annnnnn, I just had to make sure.
Being a woman, it's very easy to confuse and fuck things up.

FrothyMeerkat
04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Is anyone doing this this year?