PDA

View Full Version : Pervious years of camping..

zamorad
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Since this camping thing is such an issue, I want to hear from people that have gone to Coachella previously, without having a camping spot. Did you find one easily? Were friendly people willing to share? Can you just crash out anywhere?? What's the deal, experienced Coachella-ers??

psychic friend
03-24-2010, 01:54 PM
this is the first year camping has been done like this, so previous years experience wont really apply.

zamorad
03-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok understandable..
What is some advice that will apply? I already have 3day pass, and gosh dangit, I am coming no matter what! Im traveling from Colorado, will the first come first serve spots at the surrounding off-site camping spots fill up before I arrive early on Thursday?

SoHungry310
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
this is the first year camping has been done like this, so previous years experience wont really apply.

That usually means that there are new rules.

You're missing out on a lot of info.

http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping

zamorad
03-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I have read through all the info MANY times. And basically I know I'm screwed. I am asking about the off-site camping, what kind of luck do people have with that?, with the first-come first-serve spots that you cannot reserve?

billtino
03-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Re: Pervious years of camping..

Every year there are pervs camping. Can't avoid it. Just watch your corn hole.

psychic friend
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
im pretty sure you have to reserve a spot in advance just like anything else, and offsite places WILL FILL UP.

http://coachella.com/event/offsite-camping

Vic Viper
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Since this camping thing is such an issue, I want to hear from people that have gone to Coachella previously, without having a camping spot. Did you find one easily? Were friendly people willing to share? Can you just crash out anywhere?? What's the deal, experienced Coachella-ers??
from my experience of the past few years (since 06) the one golden rule to get along in the campsite is: don't be an asshole.

i'm sure someone will share space if they have room to spare.

Justin170
03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Agreed