PDA

View Full Version : Dear Patrons of the Coachella Valley Music Festival

diazedwin
03-24-2010, 12:11 AM
It has come as a great surprise that the camping ground tickets have sold out for the festival. I, for one, am greatly disappointed by this revelation. Myself, and a great number of my peers are all deeply saddened that this has occurred. The rising costs for admission over the last couple of years has made it extremely difficult for middle classed individuals to cope with purchasing 3 day passes at nearly $300 each and on top of that, managing to purchase almost $60 camp ground passes all at once. Iíve just managed to pay off my tickets this week and was just on the verge of embarking on a mission to collect funds for a camping space, when the borderline depressing news stumbled upon my computer screen. If Iím not mistaken, when campground tickets were advertised, it said there would be more than enough spaces and I donít remember there ever being any mention of the possibility of tickets for the campground selling out. I am not outraged, mad, or even resentful, simply, disillusioned would have to be the perfect word to describe the feelings of not only myself, but also hundreds of thousands of potential Coachella Valley concertgoers. All I ask for is one more opportunity to purchase campground tickets. For all the people that work two jobs, struggle with school, and make the 3 day festival their one and only escape or form of vacation out of the entire year. These are the people that will enjoy the concert to the fullest of their abilities and to the extent of their soul. These are the people that put everything on hold in order to have 3 days of uninterrupted fun and relaxation in the Coachella Valley Desert. So I beg of you to attempt to add more spaces to the campgrounds. It is the only safe and reasonable place to spend the entirety of the festival.

Kind Regards,
Edwin Diaz
AND
All of the other hard working people out there that missed out on campground tickets. We are sorry for not being as wealthy as our governing body and large big business corporations.

misterpickles
03-24-2010, 12:13 AM
tldnr

johnnystar
03-24-2010, 12:20 AM
hahahaha your lost now go to ebay and bid $800 for a camping ticket

shoegazer76
03-24-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm on call for work & have had very little of it within the past couple months. I would qualify for just about any govt. asisstance but I refrain. Yet I struggled & suffered too when I paid for my car/camping ticket 2 months ago the day they went on sale to make sure I had one.
Chella fun fact: camping usually sells out every year!
This is just like the year Rage played & camping tickets sold out & everybody whined & bitched & complained & boo hooed & cried rivers of tears.

tailfeather
03-24-2010, 12:34 AM
STFU. if you are struggling so bad for $55 then you should get your shit straight first before making this your "escape" from the harsh cold world. And they said that spaces are limited but did you listen? Cry a f***ing river.

ELECtROjan
03-24-2010, 12:36 AM
i just paid for your health insurance shithead, stop complaining

jirish1321
03-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Hear Hear add more spaces and the scouts are pissing me the fuck off $600 for camping really? insane

jirish1321
03-24-2010, 02:16 AM
And wow dude chill hostility is really not necessary I got my camping pass so no worries but still would like as many people to be able to camp as possible try not being so negative it's fucking coachella man share some love

STFU. if you are struggling so bad for $55 then you should get your shit straight first before making this your "escape" from the harsh cold world. And they said that spaces are limited but did you listen? Cry a f***ing river.

digitaldragon03
03-24-2010, 02:20 AM
The rising costs for admission over the last couple of years has made it extremely difficult for middle classed individuals to cope with purchasing 3 day passes at nearly $300

Nope. Same price.

gotavan
03-24-2010, 05:55 AM
I screwed up too. I thought you only had to have a ticket for car/tent camping, and that tent only camping would be included in the price. Yes, the 300$ price. Like every other festival out there. Hell, I thought, why not save an extra 55$ and walk the tent in. So, now I will end up driving 50 miles every night to a hotel room in Palm Springs. So I'm squared away. It just doesn't seem a great idea to send (tens of..?) thousands of people who have been partying for the past 12 hours out to drive in their cars.

JClemy
03-24-2010, 06:16 AM
I screwed up too. I thought you only had to have a ticket for car/tent camping, and that tent only camping would be included in the price. Yes, the 300$ price. Like every other festival out there. Hell, I thought, why not save an extra 55$ and walk the tent in. So, now I will end up driving 50 miles every night to a hotel room in Palm Springs. So I'm squared away. It just doesn't seem a great idea to send (tens of..?) thousands of people who have been partying for the past 12 hours out to drive in their cars.

You can camp in the same spot as your car is in.

I also work 2 jobs and so does my finance. We just moved back from overseas and we were both unemployed for a while. We bought an extra ticket just in case it sold out and our friend was unable to grab one. She did so mine is going on ebay. I need money as much as the next person so why should I reward people for waiting.

gotavan
03-24-2010, 06:27 AM
You can camp in the same spot as your car is in.

I also work 2 jobs and so does my finance. We just moved back from overseas and we were both unemployed for a while. We bought an extra ticket just in case it sold out and our friend was unable to grab one. She did so mine is going on ebay. I need money as much as the next person so why should I reward people for waiting.

I hate to be thick, but when I get this flustered, my brain shuts down. If you don't have a car/tent camping pass, even though you have a 3 day ticket, you will be expected to leave at the end of each night, as your car is not allowed to be their overnight, correct?

jck83
03-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Correct. There will be no overnight parking for people who have not purchase a car/camping spot

JClemy
03-24-2010, 07:56 AM
I hate to be thick, but when I get this flustered, my brain shuts down. If you don't have a car/tent camping pass, even though you have a 3 day ticket, you will be expected to leave at the end of each night, as your car is not allowed to be their overnight, correct?

You said you got a car/tent camping ticket. You only need one to park and stay overnight.

FloralJud
03-24-2010, 10:06 PM
I am not outraged, mad, or even resentful, simply, disillusioned would have to be the perfect word to describe the feelings of not only myself, but also hundreds of thousands of potential Coachella Valley concertgoers.

I hear ya man-- i've always purchased at last minute and always had a spot.

no need to be mean guys- just cause we slacked, we just gotta figure something else out. This is my 5th year and i never had issues, even the year rage played

jenniferrrae
03-24-2010, 10:16 PM
It has come as a great surprise that the camping ground tickets have sold out for the festival. I, for one, am greatly disappointed by this revelation. Myself, and a great number of my peers are all deeply saddened that this has occurred. The rising costs for admission over the last couple of years has made it extremely difficult for middle classed individuals to cope with purchasing 3 day passes at nearly $300 each and on top of that, managing to purchase almost $60 camp ground passes all at once. Iíve just managed to pay off my tickets this week and was just on the verge of embarking on a mission to collect funds for a camping space, when the borderline depressing news stumbled upon my computer screen. If Iím not mistaken, when campground tickets were advertised, it said there would be more than enough spaces and I donít remember there ever being any mention of the possibility of tickets for the campground selling out. I am not outraged, mad, or even resentful, simply, dis illusioned would have to be the perfect word to describe the feelings of not only myself, but also hundreds of thousands of potential Coachella Valley concertgoers. All I ask for is one more opportunity to purchase campground tickets. For all the people that work two jobs, struggle with school, and make the 3 day festival their one and only escape or form of vacation out of the entire year. These are the people that will enjoy the concert to the fullest of their abilities and to the extent of their soul. These are the people that put everything on hold in order to have 3 days of uninterrupted fun and relaxation in the Coachella Valley Desert. So I beg of you to attempt to add more spaces to the campgrounds. It is the only safe and reasonable place to spend the entirety of the festival.

Kind Regards,
Edwin Diaz
AND
All of the other hard working people out there that missed out on campground tickets. We are sorry for not being as wealthy as our governing body and large big business corporations.

um. camping always sells out/admission tickets never do.
duh

loopy
03-24-2010, 10:17 PM
try not being so negative it's fucking coachella man share some love

:thu