wat

JustSteve
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
dont do it, i wish to breath clean air.

if you steal my air, i steal yours.

i call cops...have you busted.

Stackamynutz
03-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah, it would suck to wake up to someone else's tailpipe blowin' hot emissions in your face.....that may or may not sound how I intended it to...

But seriously, it will suck if people are running their cars in the campsite the whole time: it'll make it stink(ier), hot(ter), and generally unpleasant. Not to mention people blasting their stereos and competing with the stereo in the campsite next door.

donkey sex
03-23-2010, 10:37 PM
one way or another your upper lip will be sore

sleepybrew
03-23-2010, 10:57 PM
completely agree with this thread. other than stealing, running your car is pretty much the only way to piss off other campers

tikiavenger
03-23-2010, 11:26 PM
How am i gonna power my laptop then, the battery lasts for 4 hours i'll need to recharge bro?

phonographer
03-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm not your bro, pal.

Stackamynutz
03-23-2010, 11:56 PM
The recharge tent is exhaust-free (and it's free-free, so you have no excuse). Also, you're going to be at Coachella; not in your room at your parent's house - spend 10 minutes to clear the photos/vids off your memory card and then drop the tech and be social with a bunch of *potentially* cool people who are there to enjoy the same music you love.

dantoro
03-24-2010, 12:11 AM
i saw an ocean of exhaust in the vendor RV area last year... it hugs the grounds all night like a toxic fog.... wut ? the batt is low? fire up the Gennie

TheGunner'sDream
03-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Just bought new tires so if you slash my tires, i slash your face.

Errant
03-24-2010, 08:36 AM
http://media.rd.com/dynamic/11/02/58/200705_AirFilter_015.jpg

higgybaby23
03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Gee, if only the other thousands of campers would read this thread. Or know that the message board even exists...

koryp
03-24-2010, 08:47 AM
http://media.rd.com/dynamic/11/02/58/200705_AirFilter_015.jpg

See, I knew coachella had nice vandals.
Seriously, I really hope people in car camping think about how running their cars will affect others and PLUR prevails.

thisdj
03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
completely agree with this thread. other than stealing, running your car is pretty much the only way to piss off other campersnot only that but running your car with the a/c on when it's 70 or 80 degrees out could cause your vehicle to overheat.

scottdavid88
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
not only that but running your car with the a/c on when it's 70 or 80 degrees out could cause your vehicle to overheat.

Um... not really. While it could be possible to overheat a car by idling, its very unlikely to happen in a car that runs even decently. Do you know how an engine and A/C system works?

eskamo951
03-24-2010, 10:09 AM
dont do it, i wish to breath clean air.

if you steal my air, i steal yours.

I hate to break it to you, but if you want clean air, Southern California isn't the place to go. Especially not once it warms up. The air in Riverside is orange today.

thisdj
03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Um... not really. While it could be possible to overheat a car by idling, its very unlikely to happen in a car that runs even decently. Do you know how an engine and A/C system works?adding forced air keeps the temp lower than just using your coolant and radiator fan to cool your engine. on a hot day my car's temp will climb to about 230F at idle with the a/c on and yeah that's still within the boundaries but i have a fairly new vehicle. let's not assume all these other vehicles will run decently.

Errant
03-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I hate to break it to you, but if you want clean air, Southern California isn't the place to go. Especially not once it warms up. The air in Riverside is orange today.

Oh yeah, so lets just add to our already polluted air by idling hundreds of cars as individual air conditioners and cell phone chargers. Do you people really have absolutely no concern for the environment??

Jayleigh
03-24-2010, 11:05 AM
I really doubt this will be an issue... Plus I've never seen anyone do this at Roo, and I do believe it's much hotter, adding the humidity on top of 100 degree temps :(

Jankypirate
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
I made a 10' Exhaust stack out of ducting from home depot for my truck. Im using my stereo and powering a mister system, fan, and laptop from my truck so ill be letting it run for 15 minutes every hour or two. But the exhaust will exit over everyone.

Anyone who even THINKS about fucking with my truck will be getting knocked out at LEAST. Pop my tires and I will hunt you down.

chairmenmeow47
03-25-2010, 10:30 AM
imagine all the shitty music people will be blasting from their cars. and the dead batteries that will ensue.

Jankypirate
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh yeah, so lets just add to our already polluted air by idling hundreds of cars as individual air conditioners and cell phone chargers. Do you people really have absolutely no concern for the environment??

Dont give me this shit, idling cars produce a fraction of the pollution of an engine under load. Every second millions of cars are on the road. yeah, were destroying the environment by idling for a few minutes.

Global warming is a cycle. next comes global cooling. Its been happening since long before we invented the internal combustion engine. Before we even evolved there were warming and cooling cycles.

thefrush
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Global warming is a cycle. next comes global cooling. Its been happening since long before we invented the internal combustion engine. Before we even evolved there were warming and cooling cycles.

:thu

Might try to find your mister system... :D

JustSteve
03-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Dont give me this shit, idling cars produce a fraction of the pollution of an engine under load. Every second millions of cars are on the road. yeah, were destroying the environment by idling for a few minutes.

cow farts do more damage than vehicles.

humanoid
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
cow farts do more damage than vehicles.

fuckers better not bring their cows to the camping area, shit's gonna go down

daxton
03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
fuckers better not bring their cows to the camping area, shit's gonna go down

May have to sig this

canexplain
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
What is even worse is cows playing instruments!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/poop1.jpg (http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/?action=view&current=poop1.jpg)

billtino
03-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Cowchella

Necie
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
From the FAQs:

"Will there be electrical outlets?

There are no outlets other than for charging cell phones at the Cyber Cafe in the middle of onsite camping. "

Was there somewhere ELSE that had electrical outlets that allows me to recharge my camera battery, fan and other assorted electrical goodies? If not than I'll go ahead and use my own car to recharge since I'm not going to be sparing with either my camera and video camera cause someone else is threatening my tires. I will certainly consider living without a fan (even though its hot as hell), but I WON'T miss good shots/vids..That's why I have insurance. Wouldn't take a car into a situation like Coachella NOT expecting someone to do something dumb in the first place, intentional or not.

thisdj
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM
buy yourself a power inverter from radio shack for like $25.

you can charge your cellphone, camera, laptop, and anal intruders.

canexplain
03-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Generators going all night are worse then some car running for a few minutes imo ...

Necie
03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
buy yourself a power inverter from radio shack for like $25.

you can charge your cellphone, camera, laptop, and anal intruders.

That's exactly what we have :-) haven't left home without it since the day we bought it..Er, however I was under the impression the car needed to be running for the inverter to be used. Is that true or is it that my boyfriend doesn't wanna risk the car battery getting weird on us via running the inverter with the car off too many times?

chairmenmeow47
03-25-2010, 12:20 PM
make sure to check the power of the inverter. sometimes laptops can be a bit too powerful for the lower dollar inverters, or at least that's how it used to be when i worked at radioshack.

nbvcide
03-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm not your bro, pal.

i'm not your pal, bro.

theresalwaysone
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
imagine all the shitty music people will be blasting from their cars. and the dead batteries that will ensue.

Hopefully they die around Friday.

GeminiDC
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Running your car so that you can power your computer to charge your camera and phone is bullshit. It stinks, and is a total waste. I'm not turning my phone on all weekend. All my weak ass friends who didn't want to pony up a little dough to fly out and party for the weekend can wait until Tuesday to get the facebook update about how much better my life is than theirs. Why pay so much money not to enjoy the scene? Leave that shit at home.

thisdj
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
you don't need to start your car to charge your shit.

read a book.

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks to this year's Coachella, I've learned things I didn't know about power. I would have bought a battery charger, or personal jump starter, thinking it would work until I read and learned about inverters. I mean, I always knew about 12 volt equipment made to run off the car's battery, but then I would have been buying 12 volt shit I wouldn't always need.

I found an inverter that is 700 watts for about $60. Brought it home, connected the cables, plugged in my 32' of rope light, and wah-la! You'd have thought I was Edison dancing around my truck in the parking lot like that! The best part was the truck didn't need to be running and the inverter has a notification sound or light for when the battery begins to get low.

If you should see some crazy lady dancing around on Friday morning in the campground, that would be me waiting for my coffee to finish brewing...

BTW, what is with the AC needs? I know the tents get pretty warm because they're sitting out in the sun, but once you get out of them and sit under some shade, you'll be a lot cooler from air circulation. Geez, it's only been around 80-85 as the highest, and that's not until afternoon when you'll hopefully be in a tent dancing anyway.

chairmenmeow47
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Running your car so that you can power your computer to charge your camera and phone is bullshit. It stinks, and is a total waste. I'm not turning my phone on all weekend. All my weak ass friends who didn't want to pony up a little dough to fly out and party for the weekend can wait until Tuesday to get the facebook update about how much better my life is than theirs. Why pay so much money not to enjoy the scene? Leave that shit at home.

some people use cell phones to keep in touch with their friends at the festival. or ya know, for emergencies.

daftmonkey64
03-25-2010, 01:21 PM

Yes. This has been going on for millions of years. Very good. But!...

at the rate we are spewing CO2 and methane into the atmosphere, we are going wayyyyy beyond the normal greenhouse gas levels that would normally be naturally replenished.

that being said, I'm gonna have to idle my car for a couple minutes here and there in the campground. hey..gotta have tunes, right?

SoulDischarge
03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I really doubt this will be an issue... Plus I've never seen anyone do this at Roo, and I do believe it's much hotter, adding the humidity on top of 100 degree temps :(

Seconding that this wasn't an issue at Bonnaroo.

Was an issue at Bonnaroo.

Stickjohn
03-25-2010, 06:13 PM
parking and hoofing it into tent-only camping is tempting.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
BUT WHAT IS PEOPLE GET DRUNK AND DRIVE THEIR CARS OVER PEOPLE SLEEPING!?!?!?!?! WHO TAKES THE RESPONSE?!?!?!?

I AM AGHAST!!!!!

canexplain
03-25-2010, 06:26 PM
BUT WHAT IS PEOPLE GET DRUNK AND DRIVE THEIR CARS OVER PEOPLE SLEEPING!?!?!?!?! WHO TAKES THE RESPONSE?!?!?!?

I AM AGHAST!!!!!

It could happen 10 times at Coachella but too lazy to look it up here, but I bet there might be 10 people total ever run over and killed at all the US fests combined. Besides, if you play the points game, fuck it might be worth it eh ???

sleepybrew
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I made a 10' Exhaust stack out of ducting from home depot for my truck. Im using my stereo and powering a mister system, fan, and laptop from my truck so ill be letting it run for 15 minutes every hour or two. But the exhaust will exit over everyone.

Anyone who even THINKS about fucking with my truck will be getting knocked out at LEAST. Pop my tires and I will hunt you down.

don't people realize this is camping? you know, roughing it? you built an exhaust stack so you can work your laptop? wow. coachella has thousands of really cool people surrounded by beautiful scenery, artwork and music. get your head out of the computer for a weekend and have fun.

Jankypirate
03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
don't people realize this is camping? you know, roughing it? you built an exhaust stack so you can work your laptop? wow. coachella has thousands of really cool people surrounded by beautiful scenery, artwork and music. get your head out of the computer for a weekend and have fun.

No its not like that, all my music is on my laptop. And its not roughing it, its just partying at a festival. I know im gonna be loving the misters when its 90-100 at 11 before we go in.

But mostly I just like to build things for coachella this time of year when I cant stop thinking about coachella!

nbvcide
03-26-2010, 12:15 AM
No its not like that, all my music is on my laptop.

you have your car.. get cds or an mp3 player..

Errant
03-26-2010, 08:31 AM
you have your car.. get cds or an mp3 player..

Or some headphones for your cell phone. Or better yet, enjoy the sounds of Coachella. What if the rest of us don't want to hear you bumping tunes from your car?

thisdj
03-26-2010, 08:43 AM
yeah and although i love happy hardcore, maroon 5, ying yang twins, and conway twitty, i really don't care to hear it blasting out of your dodge neon at 8am. let's be considerate and leave our car stereos off please.

tenk yu come again.

http://www.lossimpsons.net/galeria/data/media/12/apu.gif