PDA

View Full Version : ?? I have a tent but not a car

live_it13
03-23-2010, 06:25 PM
So... my boyfriend and I are pretty much backpacking it to the festival, we don't have a car, were just a guy, a girl and a tent. Does that mean that we were still supposed to buy a camping ticket(too late for that) or can we just foot it through the campsite and hope to find some friendly people who will share space with two other friendly people?

Insight would be appreciated

minogueCOMMAk
03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
i hope you find someone to camp with, shouldve purchased a ticket.

bluemamba
03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
You will be asked for money/drugs/sexual favors in return. Be ready.

Sonybonez
03-23-2010, 06:44 PM
My husband and I and another friend have a Car Camping spot (we're driving from TX). We are also traveling with another group of friends and we will all be staying in the TENT Only camping... Poor lonely car....

SO, if all else fails, we can offer you the Car Camping spot under one condition... Just make sure that no crazies key "COACHELLA" into my hood (read someone did that last year on another thread)

anevaude
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
My husband and I and another friend have a Car Camping spot (we're driving from TX). We are also traveling with another group of friends and we will all be staying in the TENT Only camping... Poor lonely car....

SO, if all else fails, we can offer you the Car Camping spot under one condition... Just make sure that no crazies key "COACHELLA" into my hood (read someone did that last year on another thread)

You brave souls. We almost did the Dallas-Indio drive as well. Have friends over in Tyler. :)

live_it13
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Sonybonez!

Keying someone car is the biggest asshole move ever! I got a new car a couple months ago and within two weeks of having it some drunk in the bar parking lot went down the whole side of my car with a key. balls!
Im totally down for whatever, we can be protector of the car. We just didnt realize that camping wasnt included in the $300 ticket you know what I mean. We are flying into LAX from Kentucky, somehow getting from LA to palm springs, and then somehow getting to the festival. All we know is that we are pretty much backpacking it. We were really hoping to find someone to hitch the short ride from palm springs to the festival with so that we could bring some beer with us, I know beer there is going to be very pricey!
Bottom line is we are down for whatever we just dont want to get screwed out of onsite camping since thats half the fun of going to festivals anyways.

Sonybonez
03-23-2010, 07:35 PM
You brave souls. We almost did the Dallas-Indio drive as well. Have friends over in Tyler. :)

Yeah~ def not looking forward to that drive. Luckily, I'm with my husband and another gentleman friend. I might just pull the whole "I'm a girl... woo is me *bats eyelashes*" maneuver and be spared the drive home? I'm cooking all weekend. It just MIGHT work :P

Sonybonez
03-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Sonybonez!

Keying someone car is the biggest asshole move ever! I got a new car a couple months ago and within two weeks of having it some drunk in the bar parking lot went down the whole side of my car with a key. balls!
Im totally down for whatever, we can be protector of the car. We just didnt realize that camping wasnt included in the $300 ticket you know what I mean. We are flying into LAX from Kentucky, somehow getting from LA to palm springs, and then somehow getting to the festival. All we know is that we are pretty much backpacking it. We were really hoping to find someone to hitch the short ride from palm springs to the festival with so that we could bring some beer with us, I know beer there is going to be very pricey!
Bottom line is we are down for whatever we just dont want to get screwed out of onsite camping since thats half the fun of going to festivals anyways.

I can't do anything for you from LAX to Coachella but once you guys arrive, you have a place to put up your tent :)

igocancun
03-23-2010, 11:02 PM
If you are still interested in sharing your Car spot to camp I can be that responsible. I'm going with a friend all over from Mexico. I can take my car protection bag (the one that blocks uvrays and takes care of the paint) and put it in yours to avoid any kind of damage :) let me know if interested

www.twitter.com/igogarcia

Sonybonez
03-24-2010, 06:06 AM
If you are still interested in sharing your Car spot to camp I can be that responsible. I'm going with a friend all over from Mexico. I can take my car protection bag (the one that blocks uvrays and takes care of the paint) and put it in yours to avoid any kind of damage :) let me know if interested

www.twitter.com/igogarcia

Aw, really nice of you but the spot is already taken guys! Georgia and I have worked it out~ Best of luck to everyone looking for a place to crash <3