PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Parking

brfilora
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else already, I know it was "STAND BY" in the FAQ earlier and I still can't find it.

Is there going to be overnight parking OTHER than in a camping spot?

i.e. if my friend is driving in seperately is there a way for him to leave his car and walk to our camp site and camp with us, leaving his car somewhere else? (He does NOT have a camping pass)

euphonicfiend
03-23-2010, 03:25 PM
He needs a tent/car camping pass to leave his car overnight...

linds488
03-24-2010, 04:20 PM
"There is a LIMITED amount of overnight parking for companion cars. This parking lot will be a long walk to all the camping areas. There is no close drop point for camping gear. If you are joining your friend(s) who already have a spot set up or you have more than one car with your group of friends sharing a spot, you can park the other vehicle here. It is imperative that all onsite campers carpool and combine into the least number of vehicles. This area WILL fill up. If you move your car from here you may not be able to get a spot when you return. Cars parked in this lot will ONLY be allowed to leave or return between the hours of 2am - 11am starting friday 4/16/10. If you need to leave for good to go home outside of those hours, plan ahead and move your car into regular festival day parking between 9am - 11a."

scottdavid88
03-25-2010, 06:54 AM
"There is a LIMITED amount of overnight parking for companion cars. This parking lot will be a long walk to all the camping areas. There is no close drop point for camping gear. If you are joining your friend(s) who already have a spot set up or you have more than one car with your group of friends sharing a spot, you can park the other vehicle here. It is imperative that all onsite campers carpool and combine into the least number of vehicles. This area WILL fill up. If you move your car from here you may not be able to get a spot when you return. Cars parked in this lot will ONLY be allowed to leave or return between the hours of 2am - 11am starting friday 4/16/10. If you need to leave for good to go home outside of those hours, plan ahead and move your car into regular festival day parking between 9am - 11a."

This is for RV's only. Unless you're staying in the RV area, no there is no additional overnight parking. In the questions on car camping it says if you plan on parking your car overnight, you must have a car camping pass... and further on that same RV page is says:

Please note that festival "DAY PARKING" is not for overnight parking or campers and cars will be towed at 3am.

thisdj
03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
http://coachella.com/camping/carcamping#faq0-32

thank you PS.

scottdavid88
03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
http://coachella.com/camping/carcamping#faq0-32

thank you PS.

Okay, I stand corrected. They must've just added this. It was for RV's only earlier.