PDA

View Full Version : Motel 6 - Palm Desert (Varner/Washington) #104

BeaverCat
03-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Has anyone stayed there in the past? How was your experience?

JustSteve
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
it's a good place...del taco right next door, plenty of food right on the other side of the freeway, back way into the festival, etc. it's my go to spot when staying coachella weekend.

BeaverCat
03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Spicy chicken burritos for breakfast? Yes please! Anybody else staying there?

JustSteve
03-23-2010, 04:00 PM
my other advice is check in as early as possible...i have heard they sometimes overbook the place, so once it's filled you are shit outta luck even with a reservation. that's why i show up thursday afternoon.

BeaverCat
03-23-2010, 05:00 PM
I heard somebody say the exact same thing on the board about that motel. I got my reservation from Thursday - Sunday. Looks like I'll be there early on Thursday. Thanks Steve!

GaragePoet
03-23-2010, 07:08 PM
that's the one my bro & i have stayed in every year since '01.. usually surprised by the lack of people hangin' around, yet it's always totally sold out.

for food, i recommend crossing over the freeway near the am/pm & hittin' up the place called burger time. doesn't sound too exciting, but has the most extensive menu for a good price. i can suggest either the BLT w/ avocado, the gyros or carne asada burritos. the burgers are good, too...

scoop49er
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
ive stayed there as well.. perfect location off the highway, straight shot to the festival and close to all food and gas places... good spot!