PDA

View Full Version : GROOVE ARMADA LIVE @ HENRY FONDA

mmblack
03-18-2010, 03:43 PM
who is going? i looked for a thread about this show, even one ranting about their string of live shows on the west coast, but couldn't find anything. and has anyone clarified if their set at beyond wonderland is a live or dj set? GA's websites say LIVE, all the flyers for wonderland say dj set ...

djandrews25
03-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Wonderland wouldnt advertise dj set if it were live. Yes, lots of us are going to be there on sunday.

moomoo
03-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I'll be there recovering from their DJ set the night before at Wonderland. Can't fucking wait.

Donaldj
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I am looking for an extra ticket!

sonofhal
03-18-2010, 03:55 PM
There is a ticket giveaway on twitter at the moment.

@ThadInHollywood

Groove Armada GIVEAWAY -Get 5 friends to add me on twitter, email the names to tmbboxoffice@yahoo.com, & the 1st one gets a + 1 to the show!

So - start up 5 twitter accounts. Follow him. Email the 5 names with yours at the top.
Done.

luckyface
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I am looking for an extra ticket!

I got a balcony if you want it, face value. PM me if interested.

Daft Fro
03-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Enter in the dance, Plug it in and we begin
Crowd up in the center, They watch, Bede be dim
Watch the way we drop it, in a mix time it
Rise and amplifyin' when we caught me with the swing

Just follow-in-da-back and naturally harmonizing
Climb into position we synchronized thi-ngs
Live from out da ghetto, We maximize it

Sound of the Groove Armada,
We Superstylin'

digitaldragon03
03-18-2010, 11:22 PM
^
Awesome.

guedita
03-18-2010, 11:32 PM

We Superstylin'

This is a great representation of the SUPERSTYLIN' we got blown away with tonight in San Francisco. You are all going to enjoy it.

moomoo
03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
I can't look at that and not start singing it...

Tell us more about the show guedita :)

guedita
03-18-2010, 11:52 PM
There are lasers. But also, everytime the bass drops, that's when it gets really groovy. The live trumpet is the best thing I've ever seen at an edm show. It got pretty funky.

Devin the Dude
03-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Very much looking forward to them on Saturday, but I know it won't be the same. I have a parting gift for all those experiencing a Live Groove Armada set:

PLUR.

Ok have fun. :pulse

ELECtROjan
03-19-2010, 12:41 AM
I had sober fun with the set, laser, and sound tonight. The chick singer is fucking hot too. Think little boots and robyn lovechild hot.... like emtgreg instastalker hot...and her outfit would make sophia blush... so fucking awesome

im actually not really a big GA fan, but Superstylin will go down as one of the BEST live songs ive ever heard

BlackSwan
03-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Expect the entire crowd at the Fonda to be bouncing when the bass in Superstylin' drops. People were FREAKING OUT.

shakermaker113
03-19-2010, 07:10 AM
The live trumpet is the best thing I've ever seen at an edm show.

trombone.

djandrews25
03-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Im getting so excited to see this.

feather
03-19-2010, 08:42 AM

We Superstylin'

:pulse

Superstylin' is in my top 5 all time favorite FREAK OUT AND RAVE songs. There's nothing like it when that beat drops. That being said, I know Groove is going to put on an amazing show and seeing them live twice in one week is unreal!

How many people are going to the Fonda show? As of now:

Feather
Andrew
Matt P
Moo Moo
Whip
mmblack?

We definitely need to own the place. I am so excited for all the instrumentals, and uhhh lasers? YES.

feather
03-19-2010, 08:48 AM
.and her outfit would make sophia blush... so fucking awesome

O M G. Thanks Russ now I need to figure out what to wear. I think I will christen my boas for Ultra at the show.

guedita
03-19-2010, 08:49 AM
trombone.

Trombone! I google image searched both of them last night, too haha.

TheScenestar
03-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I will go to here. See ya Sunday!

algunz
03-19-2010, 09:52 AM
I'll be there on Sunday.

mattpach
03-19-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm really excited for this weekend. Seeing Groove Armada two nights in a row is going to be amazing even if one is a DJ set.

See everyone Sunday!

leo01g
03-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Ah I waited too long for this

weeklymix
03-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Guys, the opening act is Fenech-Soler. (Pronounced Fenneck-Solar). Through Chris (sonofhal) they stayed at my house while they played 3 shows during SXSW.

They are an incredible group of people and most of all have a VERY fun show. The lead singer is featured on the new Groove Armada album (listed as Fenech-Soler).

I highly recommend getting there early and seeing the guys play. I met Groove Armada's manager during SXSW and spent a lot of the last few days with her.

Fenech-Soler just left for San Francisco today. Have fun guys!

djandrews25
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Ill make sure to check them out zach.

Westy
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm going to the Fonda show!!

hawkingvsreeve
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Guys, the opening act is Fenech-Soler. (Pronounced Fenneck-Solar). Through Chris (sonofhal) they stayed at my house while they played 3 shows during SXSW.

They are an incredible group of people and most of all have a VERY fun show. The lead singer is featured on the new Groove Armada album (listed as Fenech-Soler).

I highly recommend getting there early and seeing the guys play. I met Groove Armada's manager during SXSW and spent a lot of the last few days with her.

Fenech-Soler just left for San Francisco today. Have fun guys!

Plus, they will be using my drums, so it will sort of be like I played a show with Groove Armada. But not really at all.

weeklymix
03-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Plus, they will be using my drums, so it will sort of be like I played a show with Groove Armada. But not really at all.

Ha they are great guys. Obviously I did not meet Groove Armada but I met their manager and she is one of the nicest people I've met in a while.

moomoo
03-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm honestly frightened for the people who will be around me when they drop this-

rNBQNaEORlI

All shit will be lost. And that goes for Superstylin' as well, obviously.

algunz
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM

There better some sort of hint of you on the drum set. I'll be looking. Maybe a ghostbuster sticker?

sonofhal
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM
If it was stef's drums, that would make more sense.

How about Lego Stevie H on the bass drum?

http://www.davidmaybury.ie/journal/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/lego-hawking.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I dont have any identifying marks on my kit. It's green?

hawkingvsreeve
03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Chris I sent their manager an email and am awaiting a response. If they dont get back to me I will have you try to contact them.

sonofhal
03-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Should be in SF now. I'll send him a text.

weeklymix
03-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Last night Amul ran out of minutes on his US phone. He might be in the process of fixing that since they just left for SF this morning.

If necessary I have the numbers of the band and could text them too. Let me know if I can help.

sonofhal
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Ah - explains why I've heard nothing from him today.

feather
03-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I will go to here. See ya Sunday!

I'll be there on Sunday.

I'm going to the Fonda show!!

Yes this is great news!!!

Just another reason to make you even cooler than you are.

feather
03-19-2010, 02:04 PM
CHELLA ARMADA @ the Fonda:

Feather
Andrew
Matt P
Moo Moo
Whip
HawkingvsReeve
The Scenestar
Algunz
Westy
Kingsblend
Daft Fro
Ficklecycle
mmblack?

hawkingvsreeve
I was just trying to confirm logistics. Nothing that is needed right this second.

weeklymix
weekly, in spirit. I've lent moomoo some of my sexy for the show.

ficklecycle
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to Richard Ponce for participating in my Groove Armada Giveaway for Sunday nights sold out show! YOU ARE THE WINNER!!

Looks like I'm going! Add me +1 to the Chella Armada!

weeklymix
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
74cQF2ebgOM

Maybe they'll do their new collaboration live.

djandrews25
03-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Nice.

ficklecycle
03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
BTW, thanks sonofhal for the contest info.

feather
03-19-2010, 04:30 PM

:thu

This WILL BE THE NIGHT FICKLE. Factors have kept us apart in the past, but no longer will this be the case.

TheScenestar
03-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Feather
Andrew
Matt P
Moo Moo
Whip
HawkingvsReeve
The Scenestar
Algunz
Westy
Kingsblend
Daft Fro
Ficklecycle
mmblack?

I'll be there early interviewing Fenech-Soler and covering them for the show. I'll have a photographer there shooting. Are their services needed Feather? I don't think she's on the Coach board if not I would have you add her to the list.

CalmerThanYou
03-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm So very jealous of everyone going. Enjoy folks.

superfiction
03-19-2010, 06:16 PM
hi i have not read through this thread at all but i happen to be in town and really want to go on sunday. anyone have an extra ticket i could buy? or does anyone think they will be releasing more tickets at the door? thanks.

p.s. if i go i want to kick it with you kids!!!

ELECtROjan
03-19-2010, 06:22 PM
O M G. Thanks Russ now I need to figure out what to wear. I think I will christen my boas for Ultra at the show.

hope this can inspire you

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXESo3kFkjY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXESo3kFkjY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

im officially in love

ELECtROjan
03-19-2010, 06:25 PM
and for the rest of u...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FmhjTH6-kdw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FmhjTH6-kdw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

fuck i might just go again tonight after seeing this

ficklecycle
03-20-2010, 09:54 AM
:thu

This WILL BE THE NIGHT FICKLE. Factors have kept us apart in the past, but no longer will this be the case.

All out tomorrow night.

GeezrRckr
03-20-2010, 11:37 AM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXESo3kFkjY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXESo3kFkjY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

im officially in love

yeah, she helped make the new crap tolerable. very hawt indeed!

feather
03-20-2010, 01:28 PM
I'll be there early interviewing Fenech-Soler and covering them for the show. I'll have a photographer there shooting. Are their services needed Feather? I don't think she's on the Coach board if not I would have you add her to the list.

The only services needed are you participating in our sweaty dance offs tomorrow night, lots of PLUR, and photo evidence of the occasion. can't wait to see you!

im officially in love

I can totally rock that.

Westy
03-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Does anyone have a ticket for sale? It's for my wife.

superfiction
03-20-2010, 03:00 PM
if anyone has one for sale its for me for sure

Devin the Dude
03-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Can I be like, 3rd or 4th on the list? I have a butt-ton of money for anyone who can get me a floor ticket. But I wouldn't dream of putting anyone else out of the Groove show. It's just that I will be missing them tonight and can afford to go tomorrow.. Anyhow. If you have one for sale and it doesn't belong to any of the other boardies more in need, hit me up. :)

TheScenestar
03-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Try getting there early. Get the extras before those scalpers that chill in the corner do. There's always people with extra tickets with people that flake.

HandBanana
03-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Opener is Fenech Soler. Do not miss them

mmblack
03-21-2010, 07:06 AM
this guy still has some floor tickets left for $69 just so you guys know:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tix/1654088675.html

THIS MEANS IM COMING! ULTRA Lite for me and the girlfriend since we couldn't go this year.

diastereo
03-21-2010, 07:27 AM
i'm going tonight too! i'm bringing the gays. and the ecstacy.

does anyone know what time GA is supposed to come on?

feather
03-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Feather
Andrew
Matt P
Moo Moo
Whip
HawkingvsReeve
The Scenestar
Algunz
Westy
Kingsblend
Daft Fro
Ficklecycle
JorgeC
Disastero
mmblack

YAYAYA TONIGHT GUYS! I'm about to get ready. Rave time!

:pulse

I'll be there around 8pm. Look for the green and blue boa!

feather
03-21-2010, 03:58 PM
i'm going tonight too! i'm bringing the gays. and the ecstacy.

does anyone know what time GA is supposed to come on?

PM me your phone number! I want to be around the gays and ecstasy!!!

diastereo
03-21-2010, 04:33 PM
just did! i'll see you all there....

PM me your phone number! I want to be around the gays and ecstasy!!!

Daft Fro
03-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Listening to some Fenech Soler.... wow, these guys sound terrific! Get there early!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2eiotehaWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2eiotehaWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ficklecycle
03-21-2010, 11:45 PM
My god... such an amazing show. Fenech Soler were great, and Groove Armada just DESTROYED. Loud bass, lasers, strobes, and non stop dancing. Crowd was great, and getting to meet some of the boardies was awesome.

superfiction
03-21-2010, 11:50 PM
dude i wanted to meet you man where were you at? and yeah seriously more lasers plzz. a little heavy on tracks from the new record but it was a great show with a super fun vibe

TheScenestar
03-21-2010, 11:56 PM
dude i wanted to meet you man where were you at? and yeah seriously more lasers plzz. a little heavy on tracks from the new record but it was a great show with a super fun vibe

It was cool meeting you Superfiction. See ya at Coachella!

superfiction
03-22-2010, 12:05 AM
It was cool meeting you Superfiction. See ya at Coachella!

yeah dude it was a pleasure!

BassicallyFunky
03-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Home from my sixth ever live GA show. MY GOD I WILL NEVER OUTGROW THIS BAND!!!!! They represent all that is brilliant about English dance music. My feet absolutely kill from the dancing and I just don't care one bit. Favorite shit-my-pants song on new album is Time and Space, so you can imagine the thrill of the freaking lasers. (I'd avoided these GA threads intentionally, to avoid spoilage.) What a rush! I can't even form a proper post right now, but I can't possibly sleep either, so thanks for reading my nonsense. Hehe

mattpach
03-22-2010, 12:25 AM
I really enjoyed Groove Armada tonight. They sounded great. My only complaint is that even though my 3 favorite GA songs were played two of them were different versions.

Also the lasers are amazing but should be utilized way more.

hawkingvsreeve
03-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Feather, I delivered the bracelet to Becky for you. She enjoyed it and said thank you very much. She was also eating Chex mix.

algunz
03-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Eventually I realized I was standing right next to Feather and Andrew last night, so I'm guessing I was near some others. I didn't say hi though, sorry. I didn't want to interrupt, and it was getting too fucking hot down in front.

Matt, I agree with the different versions. They put a current album spin on all their classics and it just wasn't quite the same.

moviebruin
03-22-2010, 07:30 AM
that was easily the best show I've seen so far this year. the band and singers were so tight, the crowd had insane energy (espec for la), and muthafuckin' LASERS! Got a handful of youtube vids posted up if anyone wanted to check it

algunz
03-22-2010, 07:38 AM
There just wasn't enough dancing. I felt like I was bothering people. I hate LA crowds.

The best songs were with the male singer. Anybody know his name?

shakermaker113
03-22-2010, 07:46 AM
There just wasn't enough dancing. I felt like I was bothering people. I hate LA crowds.

The best songs were with the male singer. Anybody know his name?

that's a bummer about the dancing. and agreed about the male singer. all the songs he is featured on were storming.

JorgeC
03-22-2010, 07:47 AM
I was dancing and some girl had the nerve to turn around and give me a dirty look. She claimed I was "grinding all up on her" and i just said she better move cuz it's just gonna get worse. fuckin bitch. oh well, a great show...just rolled into work 45 min late, but so worth it. Saw Andrew, Sophia, Moomoo, Brandon and a few more. Sorry we got separated, but drinks were calling =o)

algunz
03-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Was moomoo wearing a white t-shirt and is he tall?

moomoo
03-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Also the lasers are amazing but should be utilized way more.

Yeah, I did not think they were going to use lasers at all since they didn't use them during Song 4 Mutya (:(). But it was a damn fun show. Whole place rightfully went insane during Superstylin'. Nice to meet/see a lot of you guys again.

algunz
03-22-2010, 07:55 AM

moomoo, were you; are you?

moomoo
03-22-2010, 08:27 AM
I am tall but I was wearing a black shirt, kind of to the right of feather & andrew.

algunz
03-22-2010, 08:32 AM
There was a guy near you with a white t-shirt that barreled his way through the crowd at one point and knocked every person out of his path along the way. Pretty dickish.

djandrews25
03-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Yeah, some young kids were getting roudy, pushing around a bit. I was getting pretty annoyed they couldnt just dance. In addition, they pushed their way to that spot and everyone was already pissed at them. At one point they started moshing. I returned the shove directly in the back with a shove directly in their back and the next time i grabbed the kid by the neck and told him that we werent at a fucking punk show. They were pretty mellow from that point forward, but i was really close to getting extremely pissed off.

algunz
03-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I made my way to the middle after being up front to the left and that's when I was to your left Andrew and they were right behind me. I think I got kicked and elbowed in the back a few times. I needed more movement, but did they have to throw elbows? I split my lip on St. Patrick's day skanking and really didn't want to nurse any more face injuries.

Did you see me, Andrew?

djandrews25
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I didnt see you, i probably would have stopped them much earlier if i saw them elbowing/kicking anyone i knew. Why didnt you come say hi?

algunz
03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
It was right in the climax of their set and everybody's attention was on stage. I didn't feel it was necessary to interrupt. Besides I was only there for a few songs. I was slowly making my way back after overheating up front.

superfiction
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Feather, I delivered the bracelet to Becky for you. She enjoyed it and said thank you very much. She was also eating Chex mix.

so howd the interview go

hawkingvsreeve
03-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I didn't do any of it last night, I am just gonna email the band questions after I do some of the research.

algunz
03-22-2010, 10:25 AM
What's the name of the male singer? Does he have any other projects?

superfiction
03-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I didn't do any of it last night, I am just gonna email the band questions after I do some of the research.

oh nice

hawkingvsreeve
03-22-2010, 10:54 AM
What's the name of the male singer? Does he have any other projects?

MC M.A.D.

feather
03-22-2010, 11:01 AM

Thanks Brandon! Ahhhh she was so rad. How was the roof party? Did you throw down some shots and shake it til the morning?

Eventually I realized I was standing right next to Feather and Andrew last night, so I'm guessing I was near some others. I didn't say hi though, sorry. I didn't want to interrupt, and it was getting too fucking hot down in front.

Gunz you can always interrupt! It was pretty hot I suffered some damaged boa feathers due to sweat.

i just said she better move cuz it's just gonna get worse. fuckin bitch. oh well, a great show...just rolled into work 45 min late, but so worth it. Saw Andrew, Sophia, Moomoo, Brandon and a few more. Sorry we got separated, but drinks were calling =o)

Haha you better set her straight about dancing! Now worries I wanted to hang out with you more, but we have a whole weekend for that :)

I had a lot of fun at the show. A lot of energy and fun beats. It was too much of the new album but I understand that's what they want to play. At least Becky was very mesmerizing to watch, upbeat, and she had a great voice. LOVED the green lasers they should of gone on the entire set. We'll see if anything differs at Ultra but I doubt it.

Glad to meet up with the boardies and good to see Superfiction got in. mmblack you and your girl are awesome I can't wait to get down in the Sahara.

mmblack
03-22-2010, 11:19 AM
EPfuckingIC

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2194413/IMG_0181.JPG

mmblack
03-22-2010, 11:20 AM
feather moomoo and friends it was nice meeting you guys and feather thanks for the bracelet :)

feather
03-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I'll up you one laser picture:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos038.jpg

Honestly if I ever am having a shitty day I will look at this picture and the world won't seem so bad.

algunz
03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Becky was mesmerizing. I dig her haircut. I'm cutting my hair off for Locks of Love just before Coachella and I might go for that cut.

Anybody know how old she is?

feather
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos006.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos005.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos004.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos001.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos013.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos027.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos025.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos024.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos035.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/plursday/FeatherPhotos047.jpg

moomoo
03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
That picture of superfiction & brandon is awesome.

mmblack
03-22-2010, 12:32 PM
people who weren't dancing needed to do everyone a favor and swap tickets with the people in the balcony who were raging, then go upstairs, and sit their lame ass down.

hawkingvsreeve
03-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks Brandon! Ahhhh she was so rad. How was the roof party? Did you throw down some shots and shake it til the morning?

It was pretty low key. I just hung out and chatted with the band and met some of the GA guys. All very nice.

feather
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
people who weren't dancing needed to do everyone a favor and swap tickets with the people in the balcony who were raging, then go upstairs, and sit their lame ass down.

Except for that old man in the front of the balcony who was RAGING it!!! HE should of been on the floor and traded with someone who was being a statue.

algunz
03-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Seriously, I was so frustrated, because why the hell would you make all the effort to get up front on the floor if you're not going to use the space properly? I'd take every chance to weasel in front of people who were just standing there. They were such a waste of space.

guedita
03-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear some of the crowd sucked, everyone. But I'm glad you all had a (relatively) good time.

algunz
03-22-2010, 01:16 PM
It's LA, unfortunately it never surprises me anymore. It does continue to disappoint me though.

I don't get it. Have people forgotten how to dance? Are they too cool? If it doesn't sound EXACTLY like the album are they totally incapable of enjoying it? I don't get it.

hawkingvsreeve
03-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Everyone around me was getting down. Everywhere I looked, people were getting down.

algunz
03-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Don't get me wrong. The crowd was interacting, but there was always someone just standing there.

And then there was the "whoopers." Nobody wants to hear you do your shitty rave whoops when there's a band on stage giving us their everything. I had to get away from a couple of different people who insisted on whooping in my ear.

I'm just whining at this point. I know. It's just been too long since I've been to a show in LA where the energy was cohesive and tangible. Those are the live shows I LOVE and miss.

Westy
03-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I got there a little late so I was just hanging around at the back. Yeah, the whole crowd were getting down.

algunz
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
I think the last time I really felt a unity with the crowd at an LA show was Underworld at the Hollywood Bowl (and that's a big fucking place). You could feel the energy. It was beautiful. Besides Coachella, I haven't quite felt that in an LA club show in a while. And I love The Fonda too. I think the last time I really felt like a part of something at The Fonda was Royksopp there and that was like 2003 or so. Everybody was there for the same reason - the music. Last night it still felt like a scene. "Hey look at me, I'm at a Groove Armada show."

hawkingvsreeve
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
I know what you mean. That was my Moby experience back in October.

algunz
03-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Agreed. Moby at The Mayan in 1999 was amazing!!! Moby on his last tour was such a scene. It's incredible how a crowd can totally change the energy of a show and in LA it happens too often. I need to start going to the "little knowners" again. I just don't have the time nor the insight anymore. :(

moviebruin
03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know the name of the last song by Fenech Soler? That track was sick.

btw here's the setlist from last night if anyones interested...

Look Me in the Eye Sister
Song 4 Mutya
I Won't Kneel
Not Forgotten
Fogma
Warsaw
My Friend
Paper Romance
Get Down
Chicago
Easy
Encore:
At The Riverwith Horns
Cards to Your Heart
Superstylin´

algunz
03-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I was bummed they didn't play "If Everybody Looked the Same." I love that song.

moviebruin
03-22-2010, 02:23 PM
also did anyone get in on that dj set they're doing tonite at the W? i tried to rsvp but it was too late. woulda been pretty cool. 2 hollywood blvd hotels having 2 somewhat big events in their lobbys tonite. Roosevelts got Snoop Dogg and W got Groove Armada doing a DJ set.

BassicallyFunky
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Oh, I'm glad to hear it's already full, cos I am so tired, but would have felt obligated to go could I get in! Last night pooped me out. Been grinning all day tho. What a fab show.

BTW, why do all the setlists this tour forget to include Time & Space? THAT WAS THE DEBUT OF THE MFING LASERS, YO!

:pulse <--- me @ lasers.

TheScenestar
03-22-2010, 04:45 PM
It was pretty low key. I just hung out and chatted with the band and met some of the GA guys. All very nice.

I think I saw you on the roof. I knew you looked familiar but couldn't figure out who you were till I saw Feather's pictures. Who were you going to interview Fenech-Soler for? I talked to them downstairs. Nice guys and thought they were pretty cool live.

crazzz2007
03-22-2010, 06:17 PM

moomoo is a dude? you lie!!

superfiction
03-22-2010, 10:45 PM

i will as well confirm that moomoo is in fact a dude

hawkingvsreeve
03-23-2010, 12:22 AM
He's probably the only guy on the board that looks younger than I do.

Devin the Dude
03-23-2010, 01:33 AM

Once again with a big fat

FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLE

algunz
03-23-2010, 07:02 AM
And I thought I was being negative.

JorgeC
03-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Did I miss something? I thought it wall all love in here except for the non-dancers in the crowd?!?

algunz
03-23-2010, 08:36 AM
It was all love. But Devin is spreading his fear of midget tossing across the board. Boo, :nono

BassicallyFunky
03-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Any chance people here were the ones flipping off the pre-GA DJ when he busted out some pretty horrid selections? To that, I give a belated high five. That was rad. :)

hawkingvsreeve
03-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I enjoyed when he played Bel Biv Divoe

JorgeC
03-23-2010, 09:18 AM
does anyone know if the Fonda capacity was upped with the recent remodel? It was a sold out show, but there seemed to be more room that other times I've been there for sold out shows? Hmmm.

Devin the Dude
03-23-2010, 09:32 AM
It was all love. But Devin is spreading his fear of midget tossing across the board. Boo, :nono

No, and I am sorry for being negative in an otherwise would-be positive thread. I am not worried about being tossed, I am looking forward to it. It's going to be a campsite event. However, I am not looking forward to reading more annoying put-downs from crazzz, so I said something. Sorry once again for killing your mood.

ficklecycle
03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
dude i wanted to meet you man where were you at?

I was a little to the the left of Feather actually. But towards the end of the show, we sort of got split up. I was wearing a blazer and last years Coach shirt. But soon, we must meet up.

crazzz2007
03-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Once again with a big fat

FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLE

hey all, don't mind the board midget. he uses large type font to make up for his lack in size.

mmblack
03-23-2010, 11:58 PM
wait wait wait. am i completely misunderstanding or is there really gonna be a midget toss at the campgrounds this year? is there a weight minimum on the midgets?

Devin the Dude
03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
They are talking about tossing me.

Edit: Which is fine by me.