PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Done Coachella on Crutches/Wheelchair

locachica73
03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
OK boys and girls, my sister decided to buy me a Coachella ticket for my birthday, the day after I found this out I fell and broke my leg in two places and ruptured a ligament. I am suppose to have surgery Thursday to get pins and a band, the doc says it is a 6 week recovery after surgery. With only 4 weeks of time from surgery to Coachella I am now trying to decide if I want to go anyway. If I do go I will probably rent a wheelchair and get temporary handicap pass. But I will probably alternate in between the wheelchair and crutches as I don't really want to have to ruin other peoples time by having to push me around.

Have any of you ever done Coachella on crutches or in a wheelchair? What was your experience like? Will I be miserable? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks. :)

djandrews25
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Jesus that sucks loca, I hope you still make it out.

frozen pilgrim
03-12-2010, 03:12 PM
loca, it seems like coachella's pretty good about the wheelchair stuff, and you'll have an army of boardies at your disposal- don't miss coachella!!

locachica73
03-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I am really leaning towards going. I am probably going to hold off on getting my ticket until closer to the day though, just to make sure the pain subsides a bit. But by then I should be feeling a lot better. And I have several people already offering up their muscles for pushing. Just think of the decorating possibilities. I may need to get Feather to PLUR it up a bit for me though. :)

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 03:21 PM
ummmm EL wire on your chair would be sweet.

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2010, 03:25 PM
whatever you do, i recommend not being there all day if you can avoid it. that sounds like you would get tired really fast. best of luck and glad you got a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
She hasn't gotten a ticket yet....

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2010, 03:27 PM
the first post says a ticket was bought for coachella.

locachica73
03-12-2010, 03:29 PM
My sister told me that was my gift, but then I fell. She is holding off on buying it until I decide if I want to go or not. If I decide against it she told me she would take me on a vacation after I recover.

My problem was if I went I was planning on camping which I am guessing will not be all that easy to do in a cast. So I will have to rethink my lodging possibilities. I really want to go I just don't want it to ruin my time.

menikmati
03-12-2010, 03:30 PM
You get a good view on those wheelchair platforms.

sin213
03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
i know i've seen people on crutches and in wheelchairs. they also have those wheelchair risers in some places, so you could probably get decent viewing areas for the stages.

and i think its good advice to try and limit the time you are at the fest each day. camping would not be the way to go...

if you were only there from sundown each day, it would be totally doable.

and there will be plenty of us around to help you out. :D

gaypalmsprings
03-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I say ask your doctor. Take care of yourself & get better soon!

rage patton
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I talked to guy a who wheelchaired the whole weekend in 07 and said it was the best weekend of his life. I don't think a wheelchair would get in the way. A different experience maybe, but great all the same.

However... I would not advise camping with a broken leg.

juloxx
03-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Ive seen it done. Dont know it was fun, but I have seen it.

SFChrissy
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Between your chairn crutches n laying on the grass to elevat your leg...I think you'll be fine...you will definately be limited but accepting that fact and allowing your self to have the ability to enjoy your self is worth the adventure...

M Sparks
03-12-2010, 04:05 PM
I already told you this but...would you be any less miserable at home by yourself?

locachica73
03-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Exactly Chrissy. And I have been told I can have fun in most situations so how could I not have fun at Coachella, even in a less than perfect scenario? I am also thinking that during the day, hanging out in the beer tents and just enjoying the vibe/sun/people will be a good way to rest while waiting for the nightly adventures. This has been the one thing I have been looking forward to all year, and it has been a pretty rough year, the idea of letting some little broken leg get in my way just doesn't seem likely. :D

locachica73
03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I already told you this but...would you be any less miserable at home by yourself?

Actually I would be a shit ton more miserable because I would be sitting here thinking about all the fun I would be missing. So that does it, I am going!!! :)

psycobetabuckdown
03-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Last year I went a few weeks after ACL surgery, I was limping on a brace and had one crutch. I couldn't figure out where to go to ask for handicap ramp access (I didn't really need it) and the security by the ramp didn't know where to point me, nor did the first aid tent. So make sure you get the access worked out before you go there or at least figure out what you're supposed to do.

locachica73
03-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Last year I went a few weeks after ACL surgery, I was limping on a brace and had one crutch. I couldn't figure out where to go to ask for handicap ramp access (I didn't really need it) and the security by the ramp didn't know where to point me, nor did the first aid tent. So make sure you get the access worked out before you go there or at least figure out what you're supposed to do.

Thank you, I will make sure to have it worked out in advance.

canexplain
03-12-2010, 04:42 PM
My view. I will try and make it short. I broke my foot one time and went to a single day outside venue and saw the Stones. I was on crutches and while it was a pain in the butt, it didn't keep me from doing most anything I wanted to do. Flash forward 15 years. I have PAD and that just means I don't get enough O2 and my legs will go to sleep if I walk say more then 200 yards (2 football fields for the sports people). So every once in a while I just had to stop for 5 minutes. Though different you would just do like me and take it easier then you would normally do. I camped at Coachella prior to car camping of course and a number of people helped me drag gear in and out of the campsite. It made them feel good so it was win win. My luv, Tygerlady can't walk very far at all :(. Prior to last year we just walked slow but last year we used a wheel chair. Pros and cons: You have to get it into and out of your vehicle. Check your tire pressure because the first day at Wakarusa I didn't and it was hell. Tires pumped up and we were racing :) .... I don't know the setup for AD at Coachella (I didn't have an ADA sticker then) but sometimes you can get really close to a stage and or you are higher up than the crowd so you get a good view. Sure you can't crowd surf or dance a lot but you always have a chair to take it easy. It can always be you and one other person also so your friends will WANT to help you :) ... biggest yea is the parking/camping. At Wakarusa we were 20 feet from the front gate, at the Roo we were about 50 ft. It is soooooooooooo nice. It makes for a great place for your friends to stop and get ready before they actually go into the venue. There's more I guess but this is getting long .........

psycobetabuckdown
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
........ and you didn't break it up into paragraphs, making it even longer

Geno_g
03-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I've helped a dude on crutches during rage in 07, I had to push people from the mosh pit as it broke and I was on the edge, people will look out for you...

locachica73
03-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Thank you Ron, that is helpful. I now need to figure out how to get a temp ADA sticker. Is it just through DMV?

canexplain
03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
........ and you didn't break it up into paragraphs, making it even longer

No

it

Would

Have

Been

Just

As

Long .........................................

TomAz
03-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Audra - my 2 cents.

I think you can do this but I think you are wise to wait to buy the ticket. Recovering from surgery is hard, your body is working so hard to heal that you will be tired a lot. in that respect then the wheelchair sounds like a much better option than crutches. with the wheelchair you need to be sure you have a dedicated posse willing to hang with you at all times to help you get around. If you've got a good team helping you out you will probably have a blast.

canexplain
03-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you Ron, that is helpful. I now need to figure out how to get a temp ADA sticker. Is it just through DMV?

You might go on line and find your state and see what the dmv says there. Here in Colorado, it is where you get your plates not your license. Here it is the county which is actually where I work but I don't work for that department. You do need a form from a doctor. It should be good for at least 90 days. Since I knew I wasn't going there this year, I didn't check out a bunch about Coachella. FAQ of course and maybe Dani might answer if you can't find out everything. Anyway, check on line, doc form, county office (here anyway) and it is a bit like one of those golden tickets from Wonka. I hate when people abuse them, but you are not so take advantage of the situation. There should be no charge. At your work or wherever also make a copy of the placard, both sides, and carry it in your purse or bag when you are in the venue. Or don't go and go on vacation :) ...............

locachica73
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Audra - my 2 cents.

I think you can do this but I think you are wise to wait to buy the ticket. Recovering from surgery is hard, your body is working so hard to heal that you will be tired a lot. in that respect then the wheelchair sounds like a much better option than crutches. with the wheelchair you need to be sure you have a dedicated posse willing to hang with you at all times to help you get around. If you've got a good team helping you out you will probably have a blast.

Thanks Tom, I have confirmed with several friends that they would help, and I know my sister won't leave me hanging. I wouldn't even consider it otherwise, I have this fear of getting stuck in a pothole and not having anyone to push me out. I suck at this crutches thing, I can barely make it back and forth to the restroom. Probably because I haven't had to use them much yet, I assume I will eventually get better at it once I am off bed rest. So if I can't get a wheelchair or a walking cast then I won't do it at all. So fingers are crossed. :)

marooko
03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/RrB_qviw_wI/AAAAAAAAB9Q/k-1OCW-dlP4/s320/mobility_scooter.jpg

No seriously. Get a scooter.

locachica73
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Do they rent the scooters? I don't need it for more than a weekend.

marooko
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure they do. I don't know about at Coachella, but I'm sure you could find one close by.

Here's one, just did a quick search. Guess it is a service provided. You could possibly find one near you as well.
http://www.scootaround.com/rentals/rentals_conventions.htm

locachica73
03-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Man, like I don't feel old enough. Next I will be getting that "I have fallen and I can't get up" buttons. :p

shotglass75
03-12-2010, 05:53 PM
My buddy did in 2004. 113 degrees. hiked from main to sahara about 12 times without complaining once. we decided to cool him off in the mojave.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/stevemavi/104_0463.jpg

ivankay
03-12-2010, 06:29 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4277048185_a68b84aecd_b.jpg
The Outdoor ramp.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4277794210_f8db2f7d9c_b.jpg
The view.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2524/3771488992_267394328f_b.jpg
The Access Center you will have to visit at least once. It was by the lockers.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/3771491622_e02efe9510_b.jpg
i have encountered plenty of people in wheelchairs and crutches. All seemed pretty happy. Their friends didn't appear too grumpy either.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3566600602_aee5406269.jpg http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/img-0630--large-msg-120983558849.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/04-29-2007-coachella-day--large-msg-120090128964.jpg http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/04-29-2007-coachella-day--large-msg-120105116188.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/wheely-good-friend--large-msg-117808066447.jpg

boarderwoozel3
03-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Whatever you decide I hope your recovery is smooth and speedy.

M Sparks
03-12-2010, 07:01 PM
You know you can count on me for a push shift.

donkey sex
03-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Need a guy or gal to carry you round. Would be one of the most romantic things I've ever seen. Talking closely into each others ears.

boarderwoozel3
03-12-2010, 07:32 PM
For the record, I'd party my ass off in a wheelchair. I'm talking middle of the Sahara.

fiyahhh!
03-12-2010, 07:50 PM
For the record, I'd party my ass off in a wheelchair. I'm talking middle of the Sahara.

0:30

hziqvD5PW3s

locachica73
03-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Thank you Ivankay, those photos made me even more excited, I love the guy in the wheelbarrow. Awesome.

Boarderwoozel, I plan on PLUR'ing my wheelchair up, even getting some glow, I will be spinning circles in the Sahara at some point.

Need a guy or gal to carry you round. Would be one of the most romantic things I've ever seen. Talking closely into each others ears.

This made me giggle, I am not a skinny girl, there is no romance in a broken back. :)

algunz
03-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Audra, what the hell? How did you fall?

Make sure you bring all your pain meds. You could probably pay for the entire weekend. :thu

gaypalmsprings
03-13-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.raggededgemagazine.com/gen/callheal2.gif

locachica73
03-13-2010, 08:08 AM
LOL... ok, first let me start by saying, I WAS NOT THAT DRUNK!!! I was out celebrating my birthday, I had a pretty good buzz but was not trashed. I had even stopped drinking. We were leaving and I caught my foot on the curb only half way, my ankle rolled and I went down landing on my leg. We have decided that Nick's ex put a curse on me and I need to have a psychic cleanse my aura or something. :p

For now I only have percoset 5's which from what I hear aren't that great. So I doubt I could get much out of them. But maybe after surgery I will get something better.

locachica73
03-13-2010, 08:08 AM
GPS... You make me smile. :D

HowToDisappear
03-13-2010, 08:17 AM
I should've added this to your birthday greeting:

May the upcoming year be injury-free, illness-free, catastrophe-free, and may you and all you love know nothing but happiness, contentment and togetherness.

That should cover it.

fatbastard
03-13-2010, 08:31 AM
LOL... ok, first let me start by saying, I WAS NOT THAT DRUNK!!!

This made tea blow out of my nose.

locachica73
03-13-2010, 09:18 AM
This made tea blow out of my nose.

I am hoping it wasn't hot tea. :D

canexplain
03-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Not knowing the break or anything, I bet in a month you will be zipping around your house without crutches at all. At the show I think you will just need crutches. In the back of your mind though, always remember (esp at night) there will be a lot of drunk people there and they won't give a shit if you are on crutches or not. Tygerlady and myself went to a Korn and Limp Bizkit show and before it was over we were back stage with the medical team. You might want to think of this just for fun :) Tell all the strangers you meet a great story of how you broke your ankle. Something like doing a black run on your board and crashing at 30 mph. Have all kind of details on how it happened and then with their eyes wide open say, naw not really, I was just drunk and fell down hahhahahah

locachica73
03-13-2010, 09:44 AM
LOL Ron, I like that idea.

I should've added this to your birthday greeting:

May the upcoming year be injury-free, illness-free, catastrophe-free, and may you and all you love know nothing but happiness, contentment and togetherness.

That should cover it.

Thank you HTD. :)

gaypalmsprings
03-13-2010, 01:02 PM
You can still come to the gay orgy.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5309/handic.png

crazzz2007
03-13-2010, 01:08 PM
OK boys and girls, my sister decided to buy me a Coachella ticket for my birthday, the day after I found this out I fell and broke my leg in two places and ruptured a ligament. I am suppose to have surgery Thursday to get pins and a band, the doc says it is a 6 week recovery after surgery. With only 4 weeks of time from surgery to Coachella I am now trying to decide if I want to go anyway. If I do go I will probably rent a wheelchair and get temporary handicap pass. But I will probably alternate in between the wheelchair and crutches as I don't really want to have to ruin other peoples time by having to push me around.

Have any of you ever done Coachella on crutches or in a wheelchair? What was your experience like? Will I be miserable? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks. :)

coachella works great for people in wheelchairs. you get to go straight to the front of the lines, you can easily sneak in all the drugz you want, and people will automatically move out of the way for you. like if you are all the way in front of the stage and want to leave, i swear it's like the parting of the red sea.

it only sucks for those who have to push the handicapped person in the wheelchair.

TheClares
03-13-2010, 02:00 PM
A scooter would be the best way to go, but recharging it might take some preplanning, I'd ask Coachella via email first about that.

Learn how to use the crutches (the tripod method is best) and bring them even if you have a walking cast. Wheelchair has been covered pretty thoroughly here, keep those wheels pumped up! Pimp that ride!

Car camping sounds like it might be more of a hassle, but honestly, with the ins and outs, it would likely be better than having to leave the grounds to go back to a hotel if you need a break. Get an air mattress and bring extra pillows for propping your leg up...

Elevation, Elevation, Elevation. Whenever you can, find a way to get the leg above your heart. Wheelchairs just don't do that. Lay on the grass and prop the leg up when you can. Bring a pillow on the wheelchair for sitting on while riding, and propping up when laying down.

Save some of those percocets. You probably won't need them by the time the festival comes around, but popping one or two a day during will help tremendously, and heck, its not a bad high. Just keep the alcohol consumption reasonable with them.

In Arizona, you need to go to DMV for the handicap placard. Explain to your doctor why you need it and he should be able to get you a 6 month temporary one. The good thing is that you generally can get the people at the sign in desk to do this for you. None of that take a number and figuring out which of the 19 different lines you have to wait for. My last renewal took less than 15 minutes and the place was packed.

Hang with a bunch of people, and they'll be fighting to push you around in the wheelchair (at least for limited periods, 15 - 30 minutes at a clip).

Geno_g
03-13-2010, 02:39 PM
http://www.ssrichardmontgomery.com/download/blowjob.jpg

locachica73
03-13-2010, 02:54 PM
A scooter would be the best way to go, but recharging it might take some preplanning, I'd ask Coachella via email first about that.

Learn how to use the crutches (the tripod method is best) and bring them even if you have a walking cast. Wheelchair has been covered pretty thoroughly here, keep those wheels pumped up! Pimp that ride!

Car camping sounds like it might be more of a hassle, but honestly, with the ins and outs, it would likely be better than having to leave the grounds to go back to a hotel if you need a break. Get an air mattress and bring extra pillows for propping your leg up...

Elevation, Elevation, Elevation. Whenever you can, find a way to get the leg above your heart. Wheelchairs just don't do that. Lay on the grass and prop the leg up when you can. Bring a pillow on the wheelchair for sitting on while riding, and propping up when laying down.

Save some of those percocets. You probably won't need them by the time the festival comes around, but popping one or two a day during will help tremendously, and heck, its not a bad high. Just keep the alcohol consumption reasonable with them.

In Arizona, you need to go to DMV for the handicap placard. Explain to your doctor why you need it and he should be able to get you a 6 month temporary one. The good thing is that you generally can get the people at the sign in desk to do this for you. None of that take a number and figuring out which of the 19 different lines you have to wait for. My last renewal took less than 15 minutes and the place was packed.

Hang with a bunch of people, and they'll be fighting to push you around in the wheelchair (at least for limited periods, 15 - 30 minutes at a clip).

Thank you so much. That was very helpful. I am really excited now. I will be going, I just got a visit from one of my really good coachella friends (thank you MikeyMatador) and I am even more excited about it now.

I drive a honda element, I can turn the entire inside into a bed. With or without an air mattress it will work great. I love the idea about bringing a pillow and laying in the grass to elevate. I am mentally packing right now, bicycle tire pump, blanket, pillows, bungy cords to strap it all to the back of my wheelchair.

I am also planning on spending the days in the shade in the beer tents, on my pimped out wheelchair in the shade. My friends can stop by and drink beers with me between shows, then push me to the big nightime shows I want to see. I will repay them with a blunt or five.

HERE'S TO THE BEST COACHELLA SO FAR!!! (although it will be tough to beat out the first with Prince)

TomAz
03-13-2010, 07:40 PM
so you're not gonna actually listen to like, music?

gaypalmsprings
03-13-2010, 07:51 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n5tRUtDU3AM/SBD-v0zz-jI/AAAAAAAAAEA/oVvdJ7HVbJY/s320/handicap-gas-sign.jpg

locachica73
03-13-2010, 07:51 PM
lol Tom, I listen to a lot of music, just different music than you all listen to. But there are a few shows I am really looking forward to. I am mostly looking forward to hanging out with some of my favorite people in the world. :)

TomAz
03-13-2010, 07:54 PM
no I mean at Coachella. in April. are you not going to listen to actual music? are you just gonna hang in the beer tents all day? cuz that's hardcore. which beer tent will you hang out in? cuz I go there a lot but I do like music (coachella music) too.

locachica73
03-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I will be going to see the later shows, unless there is something I really want to see during the day which I don't see happening since most of what I want to see is in the big letters. :)

I was thinking I would hang out at the beer area by the main stage, I am hoping I can find a shady area over by the fence so I can see/hear whatever is going on over there. Or maybe I will get a pretty pink parasol in case I can't find shade... ok not pink. Then while all my music loving friends hop stages they can stop by to see me.

TomAz
03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
do you mean the one between the main stage and the outdoor stage, or the one to the left as you are facing the main stage?

locachica73
03-13-2010, 09:17 PM
The one in between the main stage and the outdoor stage I think. The other one is right at the entrance right? I don't like that one, it seemed a lot more crowded the one time I went there.

motionnn77
03-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Audra, what the hell? How did you fall?

Make sure you bring all your pain meds. You could probably pay for the entire weekend. :thu

If you run out, I may be able to help.

OnlyNonStranger
03-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Narc!

locachica73
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
They are writing me another prescription as I type. I have been through damn near 60 in a little over a week. UGH

In other news, I get to have the surgery. I was really stressing out about this, thinking they would not let me because of some stupid paperwork and waiting period, my leg would heal incorrectly and I would walk with a limp for the rest of my life in pain, or at least till they approved me at which point they would have to rebreak it, do the surgery and I would have to start over in recovery. Either option kept me up at night.

amyzzz
03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
That's great news! What bands are you excited for? Maybe if we have some similar interests, I can volunteer for wheelchair duty for a band or two and hang out too. :)

kreutz2112
03-15-2010, 12:07 PM
I broke my ankle on January 1st 09, had surgery on January 3 and was barely able to walk around coachella last year. I had to wear my moon-boot on the airplane, but I didn't have to wear it while in coachella. I didn't read any of this thread so I have no idea what your situation is, loca. If you are having surgery because of a break in your leg you won't be walking at coachella. I almost got a wheelchair last year and I contacted the person at goldenvoice in charge of disabilities, who was a fucking asshole. They said you have to have a disabilities card or something to use the risers; a doctors note was not sufficient.

locachica73
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
That's great news! What bands are you excited for? Maybe if we have some similar interests, I can volunteer for wheelchair duty for a band or two and hang out too. :)

I am really excited for the headliners each night, and even the subheadliners. The rest of them I don't know much about though. So I will be taking it easy catching shows here and there in between hanging in the beer gardens relaxing. I also really want to see De La Soul. I will probably be spending a lot less time in the Sahara tent this year than I did last year though. That makes me a little sad, but my dancing will be limited to the occasional standing up and crutch dancing.

I broke my ankle on January 1st 09, had surgery on January 3 and was barely able to walk around coachella last year. I had to wear my moon-boot on the airplane, but I didn't have to wear it while in coachella. I didn't read any of this thread so I have no idea what your situation is, loca. If you are having surgery because of a break in your leg you won't be walking at coachella. I almost got a wheelchair last year and I contacted the person at goldenvoice in charge of disabilities, who was a fucking asshole. They said you have to have a disabilities card or something to use the risers; a doctors note was not sufficient.

I broke my ankle and leg and ruptured the ligiment so I am getting 2 screws and a band. So I know there will be no chance of walking unfortunately. I am going to try to get the temp disability card before hand but if I can't I will still be renting a wheelchair. There is no way I can do crutches the entire time. I get winded going 15 feet to the bathroom lol.

I enjoy the people and the vibe more than any need to run from one show to another though so even if I can't get up on the risers I wouldn't even mind sitting in the grass with my friends enjoying the weekend from a distance. :)

algunz
03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
The beer garden b/w main and outdoor would be great for you, because you can wheel back and forth from each side and get in quite a bit of good music without covering too much ground. Sadly I've been guilty of this without a wheelchair excuse. :)

chairmenmeow47
03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
The beer garden b/w main and outdoor would be great for you, because you can wheel back and forth from each side and get in quite a bit of good music without covering too much ground. Sadly I've been guilty of this without a wheelchair excuse. :)

i LOVE doing this during the day. it's great to just lie on a towel by the fence, get some sun & drink some beer while you watch the mainstage or the outdoor theatre :thu

TomAz
03-15-2010, 03:22 PM
The beer garden b/w main and outdoor would be great for you, because you can wheel back and forth from each side and get in quite a bit of good music without covering too much ground. Happily I've been guilty of this without a wheelchair excuse. :)

fixed.

locachica73
03-15-2010, 03:25 PM
My sister and I did this the first year quite a bit. And I have a feeling by hanging in the beer garden I will never lack for company. Luckily most of the people I am looking forward to spending time with like to drink as much as I do. I will have a little area all set up for whenever you girls want to swing by and have a beer with the broken chick.

algunz
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
fixed.

A legitimate fix, Thanks! Isn't it sad to admit this considering there's so much other stuff going on? I've lost hours in there.

amyzzz
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
If you ever venture OUT of the beer garden, I will help you out, let's say.

TomAz
03-15-2010, 03:28 PM
A legitimate fix, Thanks! Isn't it sad to admit this considering there's so much other stuff going on? I've lost hours in there.

there is nothing sad about drinking beer in the sun with friends.

algunz
03-15-2010, 03:29 PM
SO true. I stand corrected . . . again.

locachica73
03-15-2010, 03:32 PM
If you ever venture OUT of the beer garden, I will help you out, let's say.

I will take all the help I can get. I can't tell you how hard it is going from being the overly independent chick to having to rely on people for everything in life. I can't even feed myself because I can't carry my food from the kitchen to the bedroom. I feel bad for Nick because he has had to do most of the helping. So I am hoping at coachella to split it up between many so I don't feel bad and end up making my friends miserable.

algunz
03-15-2010, 03:35 PM
You could never make us miserable. We'll be together at Coachella!

locachica73
03-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Good point, how can you be miserable in the happiest place on earth? :D

BROKENDOLL
03-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Damn, if there's anyone on this board that truly lives the, "When it rains, it pours" lifestyle, it's you, Loca. After reading through this thread though, it sounds like you've learned to just sing along when it rains and hopefully we'll see your smiling face next month!
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/COACHELLA%20AND%20MUSIC%20SHIT/loca2010.jpg

locachica73
03-16-2010, 08:25 AM
haha bd... OK I like the picture, I don't care what anyone says, and you got me in the straight jacket, which is actually pretty funny because I feel like I need one these days. Very nice. I even saved it to show Nick.

BROKENDOLL
03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
haha bd... OK I like the picture, I don't care what anyone says, and you got me in the straight jacket, which is actually pretty funny because I feel like I need one these days. Very nice. I even saved it to show Nick.
I couldn't help it with the picture. It was the first thing that came to mind when I read about what happened. After reading more, the second thing that came to mind was the fact that we live really close by. (In your case, rolling distance.) You mentioned that you'd still be camping and weren't all that interested in many daytime bands. Since I will be running home atleast once or twice to throw food at the cat, you're more than welcome to join me and can chill out at our place, shower, or use the restroom without dealing with the portapotties and that wheelchair. I'm not a huge beer garden fan, but I'm sure I'll see you around the campground, etc.. It's just a thought in case you're worried about lasting the whole weekend and deciding not to go because of that. Pete's cool with it, so no worries there, okay? I'll PM you our number just in case.

canexplain
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I couldn't help it with the picture. It was the first thing that came to mind when I read about what happened. After reading more, the second thing that came to mind was the fact that we live really close by. (In your case, rolling distance.) You mentioned that you'd still be camping and weren't all that interested in many daytime bands. Since I will be running home atleast once or twice to throw food at the cat, you're more than welcome to join me and can chill out at our place, shower, or use the restroom without dealing with the portapotties and that wheelchair. I'm not a huge beer garden fan, but I'm sure I'll see you around the campground, etc.. It's just a thought in case you're worried about lasting the whole weekend and deciding not to go because of that. Pete's cool with it, so no worries there, okay? I'll PM you our number just in case.

BD that is what this board should be about. Watch, you will get all kinds of shit somehow for the offer .....................

amyzzz
03-16-2010, 12:35 PM
ugh, don't quote her nonsense.

BROKENDOLL
03-16-2010, 01:13 PM
BD that is what this board should be about. Watch, you will get all kinds of shit somehow for the offer .....................
Oh, I know. Pete said the same thing. Guess what? I've taken enough shit around here to know those giving the most of it aren't worth acknowledging and will in no way prevent me from being or doing what I want to those that are worth knowing or helping out.

ugh, don't quote her nonsense.
See? If you think a friendly offer to help someone who may be in need is nonsense, I probably don't want nor care to know you...simple as that.

BROKENDOLL
03-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh, and you can quote me on that...

locachica73
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Thank you BD, that is a very nice offer. I will keep that in mind. I got an email from a lady who has done coachella in a wheelchair and she gave me several helpful hints in regards to bathroom usage. I think wheeling in and out will probably be more hassle than trying to work my way into the handicap bathroom stall though. I will not talk myself out of it as it is the only light at the end of the tunnel I have seen in ages, but I will keep you in mind if I have some issues with the camping showers. That might prove to be difficult. Although my sister is renting a hotel so I also have that as a backup plan. :)

M Sparks
03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Wait...so is your sister not camping with you?

locachica73
03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
My sister and her boyfriend are staying in a hotel, but our friend Chad is camping with me. He is a lot of fun, you all will like him. My sister and Michael are going to get camping wristbands though so that she can come and hang out before and after the festival. Her boyfriend is not use to the heat of the desert and is kind of umm.... a wimpy whiner kind of guy. He doesn't do the entire day, so Adrienne will come early and then he will shuttle over later. This way she doesn't miss shows she wants to see and can still hang with me. :D

M Sparks
03-16-2010, 04:45 PM
They changed everything Audra, she doesn't even need a camping wristband. Anybody with a festival wristband can go in and out of the campgrounds. All you need is one camping ticket per car. I know you've been out of the loop this year.

You could caravan with us and we can line up all our Elements (my friend from Havasu drives one too), but we probably won't get to leave until late in the day on Thursday.

locachica73
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
I have to work out a time with miss Allyjoy because she is my tent buddy (YAY). I am also going to caravan out there with MikeyMatador. We haven't worked out the details yet but once I know more I will let you know our time frame and see if we can all go out together.

Thank you for the heads up on the camping wristband. I thought they still had to get one but could with my car camping pass. I really am out of the loop, all I really know is that I can bring in beer. Which is all I really need to know right??? :)

Mr. Dylanja
03-16-2010, 04:55 PM
See? If you think a friendly offer to help someone who may be in need is nonsense, I probably don't want nor care to know you...simple as that.

Oh, and you can quote me on that...

:thu

amyzzz
03-16-2010, 04:59 PM
ok, ok. when/where do I need to go to lick your boots, D? Shall I toss you some shrooms or something? :/

loca, what's your favorite beer?

locachica73
03-16-2010, 05:01 PM
mmm, soooo many choices. I love a lot of beer but my mostest favorite would be Rogue Hazelnut Brown. YUMMY

amyzzz
03-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Where other than Safeway's or Fry's do you get that?

locachica73
03-16-2010, 05:21 PM
They don't sell it at any of the regular stores, I get it at Sunflower Market up here but they also carry it at Bevmo and Total Wine. They only sell it in 24oz bottles though (I think it's 24, it might be more) which sucks. If they sold it in cans it would most definitely be going to coachella with me. :)

BROKENDOLL
03-17-2010, 12:44 PM
:thu
Thanks Dylan, that's very kind of you. :winkiss

ok, ok. when/where do I need to go to lick your boots, D? Shall I toss you some shrooms or something? :/

loca, what's your favorite beer?
See? We each have our own special way of expressing kindness. I knew Amyzzz hadn't lost all her ability to be kind to people.