PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

cash881
06-06-2012, 11:14 AM
It's so incredibly amusing and well....so San Diego, that a year later they're all over this Visionquest/Soul Clap whatever scene incessantly.

Remember a few short summers ago when all these djs played electro-house?

You find it amusing that as deep house/tech house/techno gain popularity these artists are gaining large enough fan bases to play medium-size cities like San Diego?

Nealocus
06-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Caved and bought tickets to Franz Ferdinand, Alabama Shakes & Bombay Bicycle Club! Pretty excited for Alabama Shakes. HoB is booking some pretty sweet shows.

kyleuga
06-13-2012, 03:18 PM
My good friends from back home (athens, ga) are opening for Alabama Shakes.

Futurebirds. Check em out.

Pretty cool, will see their set for sure.

eturnol
06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
the Drive tour with College and Anoraak is coming to the Casbah in August

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/06/college-anoraak-and-electric-youth-team-up-for-the-drive-tour/

Nealocus
06-16-2012, 11:40 AM
the Drive tour with College and Anoraak is coming to the Casbah in August

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/06/college-anoraak-and-electric-youth-team-up-for-the-drive-tour/

This looks awesome!

cash881
06-18-2012, 11:22 PM
So, now that M83 has officially been announced for FYF, do you think they will re-announce the show in SD? Has anyone who purchased tickets gotten any information about that show?

ods..
06-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Nope. But I bought tix when they went onsale.

Nealocus
06-19-2012, 08:12 AM
They announced the summer concert series for the Del Mar Fair. Last two years they had Weezer which was pretty awesome, this years lineup looks a little weak.

7/20: Wavves
7/27: Dashboard Confessional
7/29: Tucanes De Tijuana
8/3: Steel Pulse
8/4: Cake
8/10: The Offspring
8/17: Michael Franti & Spearhead
8/18: Ben Harper
8/24: Jimmy Cliff
8/31: Ozomatli
9/1: REGGAE FESTIVAL FEATURING ZIGGY MARLEY PLUS BEER FEST
9/5: Party in the Paddock w/ TBD

Probably gonna go for Cake, Offspring, Jimmy Cliff and Ozomatli.

Phantasma Del Mar
06-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Totally going to Cake. Perhaps Wavves...

sames44
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
San Diego Music Awards nominees http://www.sandiegomusicawards.com/#voting
you can vote for the first half of the categories today, 2nd half starting tomorrow.

Crocodiles!

Phantasma Del Mar
07-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Black Lips at the Hard Rock for free. 8/7

http://filtermagazine.com/index.php/rsvp/entry/soundcheck_w_black_lips_presented_by_hard_rock_hot el_san_diego_filter

Phantasma Del Mar
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Andrew W.K. is doing all of "I Get Wet" at 4th and B tomorrow night. Totally just found out about this. Anyone going?

westcoastpirate
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I want to check out Trust/DZ Deathrays in a couple months at the Soda Bar when I'm in town on vacation. What's the situation like for weekday shows at the Soda Bar? Do I need to worry about getting tickets ahead of time because of a sellout?

cash881
07-23-2012, 08:11 AM
The M83 Show at Soma finally got relisted on M83's website. Does anyone know how to access the presale?

annie g
07-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Cafť Tacvba at the Open Air Theater, August 11.

Nealocus
07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
The M83 Show at Soma finally got relisted on M83's website. Does anyone know how to access the presale?

The link is on their Facebook, I think the pre-sale is over now though.

The XX announced a show at Soma, tickets are $30. Also The Sheepdogs are playing in October at The Casbah! Already bought my tickets for that, they were awesome at Coachella and I can't wait!

hangthedj112
07-30-2012, 02:37 AM
SOMA is a fucking awful venue unless your mom still drives you to shows and you don't wanna drink.

ods..
07-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Or it's a whatever venue if you live around the corner and smoke a lot of pot, but you're right. Everything is fucking awful.

hangthedj112
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Or it's a whatever venue if you live around the corner and smoke a lot of pot, but you're right. Everything is fucking awful.

Not everything, just most things in San Diego!

cash881
07-30-2012, 05:58 PM
SOMA is a fucking awful venue unless your mom still drives you to shows and you don't wanna drink.

Soma is definitely the best venue to drive yourself to because of all the Sports Arena parking, I would much rather have my mom drive me to somewhere downtown where it is impossible to find a parking spot.

hangthedj112
07-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Soma is definitely the best venue to drive yourself to because of all the Sports Arena parking, I would much rather have my mom drive me to somewhere downtown where it is impossible to find a parking spot.

Puhhhlease, parking in San Diego (even Gaslamp area) is a piece of cake compared to most other downtown areas in virtually any other city. Like....really...

Phantasma Del Mar
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
When one of the few positive aspects about a venue is it's parking situation you know there's a problem. Terrible venue but it'd be cool to see The XX or Crystal Castles at a place where there's room to move.

kyleuga
07-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Soma is not that bad. I don't plan on getting blasted seeing the XX no matter what the venue is so alcohol is not a concern. It needed to be an all ages show, not too many options here....

But, you know what is worse than Soma?

Crystal Castles

Sexecutioner
08-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Some upcoming shows I'll be attending:

08/15 - Heartless Bastards @ Scripps Aquarium
08/16 - Alabama Shakes @ HOB
09/08 - The Heavy @ The Casbah
10/03 - Grouplove @ Humphreys

PS. Soma sucks balls.

PJandBompton
08-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Kendrick Lamar at SOMA October 10th.

Sexecutioner
08-08-2012, 06:13 AM
I saw that...I thought Soma didn't do hip hop?

PJandBompton
08-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I saw that...I thought Soma didn't do hip hop?

this is just the beginning...i'll keep you guys posted on upcoming shows when i get them confirmed.

ods..
08-08-2012, 07:06 PM
this is just the beginning...i'll keep you guys posted on upcoming shows when i get them confirmed.

Sick.

Nealocus
08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Totally seeing Kendrick at Soma. Missed him for GIVERS during Coachella and heard he puts on an excellent show. Thanks for the heads up PJ.

Anyone see Cake at the Del Mar Races? Thought they sounded good but they were annoying as fuck. Was pretty disappointed with their 2-3min of bullshit in between each song. Also going to the Alabama Shakes at HoB next Thursday, can't wait!

Weezer announced a show at Harrah's Rincon Casio October 13th. Special gues JJamz (never heard of them), love Weezer though, pretty excited.

ouh_honey
08-11-2012, 12:30 AM
No one is going to Franz Ferdinand on Monday?! I am soo looking forward to this

Nealocus
08-11-2012, 09:07 AM
No one is going to Franz Ferdinand on Monday?! I am soo looking forward to this

I really wanted to, but the tickets are kinda up there in price and I have a feeling we might see him at next years Coachella. I bet it's going to be a hell PDA show though...

RobertGoulet
08-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with soma. I love it because I've been going there since I was a wee little lad, seeing bands like strung out, nofx, etc. Now that I'm old and grumpy, I hate that its a sweatbox, no booze and little kids running around, but I'm sure thats what curmudgeons though about me when I was young and there to smoke pot and watch my favorite punk band. I still bought tickets to M83, because hell, I'd see M83 if they played in a parking lot. Should be a fun show

PJandBompton
08-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band - San Diego Sports Arena - December 3rd

eturnol
08-18-2012, 08:22 AM
God I wish Soma would just get a liquor lisence already. Nearly every venue in SD has at least one major drawback. I would kill for a Henry Fonda quality venue in SD...

Nealocus
08-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Anyone see BBC? I thought they were excellent, I'd love it even more to see them in the Gobi at Coachella next year. Also I managed to score tickets to M83 and Beach House through my internship! Pretty excited to see M83 as I had a terrible spot at Chella and could barely hear them.

lehorne
08-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Seen a show at that new-ish Irenic venue? Converted church run by Christians serving beer and wine and all shows are over by 10pm. Is there a two drink maximum?

Thinking about seeing Ariel Pink there. New album is incredible, better than the last one.

DirtyPistol
08-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Seen a show at that new-ish Irenic venue? Converted church run by Christians serving beer and wine and all shows are over by 10pm. Is there a two drink maximum?

Thinking about seeing Ariel Pink there. New album is incredible, better than the last one.

I saw La Sera at the Irenic last spring and the venue was ok. The sound was actually pretty good but it's just so weird milling about in a church drinking beer out of plastic cups. Think they had 2 Ballast Point beers on tap without a drink maximum.

lehorne
08-28-2012, 08:27 PM
choir-led hymns during intermission. I'm having trouble having sex with her when someone is shoving a communion wafer in my mouth. Etc.

It seems pretty cool though (i.e. a Christian church allowing these types of bands in to play normal gigs on their terms). Most of the time churches have no problem evangelizing outside the home base, but I've never seen one encourage heathen performances in their own building. It's a different story and I applaud their spirit.

lehorne
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't know if you've heard 'Wellington Road' by Strangelove, but I could see that song being "approved for church". Or U2 or Jars of Clay or something. Not Kinski's nude bath house battles in Rome. Think I'm going to check it out in support and curiosity.

Strangelove - Wellington Road

God is looking down upon the shivering ones
Shooting up down on the Wellington Road
And reaching out for their arms
But we don't wanna know
Down on the Wellington Road
Where all tomorrow's peace of mind
Is bought and sold
Oh but he never gives up on you
Oh no he never gives up on you
No no he never gives up on you
Up on you
Life's a little longer on the Wellington Road
Grinding teeth down 'til the money goes cold
We shake our fists at the sky
'Cos we already know
Down on the Wellington road
The only saviours left behind
Are bought and sold
Oh but he never does let you go
Oh no he never does let you go
Woah and he never gives up on you
Up on you
God is looking down upon the shivering ones
Shooting up down on the Wellington Road
Reaching down for their hearts
But we don't wanna know
Down on the Wellington Road
Where all tomorrow's peace and love
Are bought and sold
Oh but he never does let you go
No no he never does let you go
Woah and he never gives up on you
Up on you
La la la etc.
He don't give up on you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeeUXQ4j02o

PJandBompton
08-28-2012, 10:36 PM
the guys running the music stuff at the Irenic are real cool...I almost had Ab-Soul booked there, would have been the perfect venue for him.

cash881
08-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Would anyone from the SD area be interested in and FYF ticket for both days for 75 dollars? I just found out I can't make it up there this weekend.

Nealocus
09-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Awesome M83 show last night! Anyone else get to see it?

JorgeC
09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm headed down to Soda Bar tonight for Superhumanoids. Any spots nearby (walking distance) i should check out for food/drinks beforehand?

Bwilliamson30
09-14-2012, 12:23 PM
TIGER!TIGER! is probably the closest thing worth checking out. It has a great craft beer selection and good eats, although its about a mile away... Soda Bar isn't exactly situated in the best area of town. But if you head to North Park about a two minute drive there is an abundance of good food/drink options.

JorgeC
09-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Ended up at City Delicatessan at the boyfriend's insistance. He's nothing if not a creature of habit. I swear we can go anywhere near San Diego without eating there.

For breakfast the next morning, we ate at Cafe on Park. He had Turkey hash (not really hash since they were turkey chunks, but still tasted great) and I had chorizo with giant slices of jalapeno. I wanted to get the Captain Crunch pancake but was afraid it would be too sweet and i'd be bouncing off the walls on the drive home.

westcoastpirate
09-18-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm headed down to Soda Bar tonight for Superhumanoids. Any spots nearby (walking distance) i should check out for food/drinks beforehand?

TIGER!TIGER! is probably the closest thing worth checking out. It has a great craft beer selection and good eats, although its about a mile away... Soda Bar isn't exactly situated in the best area of town. But if you head to North Park about a two minute drive there is an abundance of good food/drink options.

Hahaha, when we were in town last week we walked from Tiger! Tiger! to Soda Bar for the Trust show. It looked like there was another cool spot on the walk from TT to SB called Eleven but we didn't have time to stop. We took a taxi back to the place where we were staying and the cab driver was saying the area where Soda Bar is located was pretty bad and was kind of shocked we walked over to SB.

cash881
09-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Has anyone been to The Kava Lounge? I'm going there tonight to see Octopus Nebula

Andrew 619
09-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Got tickets to the kendrick Lamar show, anyone else going?

alixrajabi
09-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Love Kava. A lot of real good artists go by there and the owner and the staff are really nice

PJandBompton
09-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Got tickets to the kendrick Lamar show, anyone else going?

i'm working with SOMA now so i'll be there for sure

ods..
09-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Anyone hitting Holograms tonight at the soda bar? I think I'm gonna swing over there and catch their set tonight.

bemerritt
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Anyone going to Amon Tobin on Thursday. It's my first show at the HoB down there, any general tips for parking/eating in that area?

Mike Litoris
09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Anyone going to Amon Tobin on Thursday. It's my first show at the HoB down there, any general tips for parking/eating in that area?

I'll be there. All street parking is free after six, about a block north of HoB there is a pay lot, but you should be able to find some street parking in that area. There are tons of food options within walking distance. I usually just go to Horton Plaza, about a block south and grab something quick to eat. Also, make sure you go to the right entrance. The entrance to get to the concert venue is on 6th Avenue while the entrance to the restaurant is on 5th.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks it's going to be a tight squeeze to fit the entire ISAM Live setup on the stage there? The stage isn't that big and the ISAM setup is quite large if I remember correctly.

bemerritt
09-25-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll be there. All street parking is free after six, about a block north of HoB there is a pay lot, but you should be able to find some street parking in that area. There are tons of food options within walking distance. I usually just go to Horton Plaza, about a block south and grab something quick to eat. Also, make sure you go to the right entrance. The entrance to get to the concert venue is on 6th Avenue while the entrance to the restaurant is on 5th.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks it's going to be a tight squeeze to fit the entire ISAM Live setup on the stage there? The stage isn't that big and the ISAM setup is quite large if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the tips. The 2.0 set up is supposed to be bigger than the coachella set up, so without knowing the size of the stage, I'm gonna have to guess that it will pretty much be a tight squeeze for most of the places they have booked for the tour.

GrossMagic
09-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Wow fucking incredible set at Amon Tobin. Was the second half all new stuff? I didn't recognize it at all from his previous albums.

Mike Litoris
09-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Wow fucking incredible set at Amon Tobin. Was the second half all new stuff? I didn't recognize it at all from his previous albums.

Agreed. 2.0 is so much better in my opinion.

I also really liked the kid who opened for Amon, Holy Other. I don't think he looked at the crowd once though

bemerritt
09-28-2012, 07:02 AM

Agreed, it was a very enjoyable set. Atleast one song from the second half has from his earlier Two Finger release. But damn, I'm excited to listen to the limited release Album of his i picked up last night.

Crowd was terrible where i was standing. A couple tall "bros" came 10 minutes in and stood right in front of us, openly talking about how they didn't even know who was on stage.

The stage setup was definitely scaled down, but it didnt bother me too much. Overall, had a great time.

GrossMagic
09-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Ok yeah it was a lot of Two Fingers. This ---http://soundcloud.com/bigdadasound/two-fingers-razoback Was amazing. HOB sucks so much though. I missed the opener because of their stupidity of only opening one door. I have never seen a line around the corner there. I agree on the crowd not very good but still had a great time overall.

bemerritt
09-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Ok yeah it was a lot of Two Fingers. This ---http://soundcloud.com/bigdadasound/two-fingers-razoback Was amazing. HOB sucks so much though. I missed the opener because of their stupidity of only opening one door. I have never seen a line around the corner there. I agree on the crowd not very good but still had a great time overall.

This was my first time there and thought it was a pretty cool venue. Looking forward to going back. But I did show up at 830 and there was already about 40 people in line. Holy other was indeed a good warm up for tobin. Here's to hoping two fingers make it back to the polo fields cuz I missed their do lab set this year.

getbetter
09-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Ugh i wish i could make any of the amon tobin 2.0 isam shows

java-do
09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Anyone going to Gza at the belly up today?

Nealocus
10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
The Wombats were absolutely incredible last night! So much energy! Anyone else get to go?

ENluv12
10-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Florence on Thursday at cricket... anyone going?

Nealocus
10-03-2012, 08:17 AM

I'm either going to her or the Black Keys, I need to wait on which show my job sends me to. I'm hoping Florence but Black Keys is a meet & greet which would be fucking awesome! Tonight I'm going to Grouplove which is sweet because I missed their set at Coachella and heard they are fantastic live!

ENluv12
10-03-2012, 08:23 AM
I am SO excited for Florence. I thought she was amazing last year. I know I am bias, being she is a favorite of mine, but still. I am also really excited because my wonderful fiance got me great tickets in the 103 section!

Andrew 619
10-03-2012, 07:57 PM

I'll be there, should be fun. Really enjoyed the first coupl minutes of her coachella set before running to snoop and dre

PJandBompton
10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Really wish I was going to Florence, especially since The Weeknd is opening but my coworker got me tix to Black Keys and I can't turn em down.

ENluv12
10-04-2012, 06:28 AM
I'll be there, should be fun. Really enjoyed the first coupl minutes of her coachella set before running to snoop and dre

well if you see a 6'4 girl with a Filipino guy come say hi!

ENluv12
10-05-2012, 06:57 AM
well, last night was amazing IMO! What did you guys think? I thought that her stage presence and energy was unreal. I remember loving her at coachella but last night blew me away.

My boyfriend took video of it. If you guys want to see let me know, I can upload it later :)

Andrew 619
10-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Yea last night was great, the weeknd was great, he's really come into his own since his underwhelming coachella performance. Florence was incredible, that lady can sing, we bought tickets n the 300 section, but security was there handing out pit passes because "Florence wanted the pit to be full" so that was awesome we ended up right up front for the end of the weeknd and all of flo. Her stage presence and crowd interaction was cool. The Macabees sound like radio head and arcade fire had a baby.

gazercmh
10-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Got tix to see Dan Deacon at the Irenic. Anyone know anything about this venue? It's all ages, so no alcohol, eh?

PJandBompton
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
they've got beer/wine in the courtyard. venue is fucking awesome.

gazercmh
10-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Cool. Any info on the beer selection? Local brews or BudweiserMillerCoors?

Nealocus
10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Saw the XX last night and was a little underwhelmed. I mean, they sounded great, and they looked great but it was just...kind of boring. I have tickets to the Smashing Pumpkins this Saturday, Crystal Castles, The Sheepdogs, Two Door Cinema Club, Social Distortion and Gary Clark Jr. in LA so I'm good to go for awhilllleeee.

getbetter
10-12-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm thinking about going to Japandroids at Porter's Pub anyone else going?

ods..
10-12-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm definitely thinking about it.

Mike Litoris
10-15-2012, 11:44 AM
91x Wrex The Halls
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/46207_10151096406267894_2101933389_n.jpg

Presale is going on now. Password is 91X

Nealocus
10-19-2012, 09:07 PM
91x Wrex The Halls
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/46207_10151096406267894_2101933389_n.jpg

Presale is going on now. Password is 91X

Yes! I am ecstatic about this show! I'm lucky enough to have an internship here and was blown away by the bands!

In other news, did anyone catch The Sheepdogs at Coachella? If so they're playing tomorrow at the Casbah! It'll be my first time at the venue but I couldn't ask for a better band!

Mike Litoris
10-22-2012, 11:37 PM
So does anyone happen to have an extra ticket for Two Door Cinema Club? The person who was in charge of buying tickets decided to forget about me, and now I'm shit outta luck for the moment.

ouh_honey
10-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Anybody go see Crystal Castles at Soma on Sunday? Amazing time!

NicoDread
10-23-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm not really a Crystal Castles fan and i hate Soma but i went with a friend and had a good time. the sound was shit as expected but they played better than the last time i saw them. I thought HEALTH were really good too.

Andrew 619
10-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Anyone ever go to OFMG for new years? What are some fun events for new years around San Diego?

eturnol
10-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Light asylum and Matthew dear killed it at the casbah last night. Fun show!

Mike Litoris
10-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Anyone ever go to OFMG for new years? What are some fun events for new years around San Diego?

I went last year, Sports Arena sucks, the sound is terrible. I had a decent time but there were way too many kids smoking cigarettes (inside) and not enough ventilation to get rid of the smoke so it made my girl and me sick. Also, it's going to be a huge brofest, but anything in SD is that way anymore.

On an unrelated note, got lucky and found a ticket for cheap for Two Door Cinema Club and had a great time! The opening band 'Friends' was fucking terrible but TWCC made up for it and was a fun dance party!

Nealocus
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM

Me, my girlfriend and my roomate all had a BLAST at The Shouthouse downtown. If you want a relaxed New Years with live music instead of dancing or partying super hard it's definitely the way to go. Tickets are pricey but it includes a buffet and a reserved seat. They put on a ton of cool skits and shit during their special events like New Years.

cash881
11-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Saw The Faint at HOB last night. I was really, really impressed. I hope they're on the lineup this year.

Andrew 619
12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Any more ideas for NYE, wanted to go up to Santa ana for kendrick Lamar, but cheap tix are sold out. Anyone ever been to big night San Diego?

Sexecutioner
12-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Went to this last year and had fun: http://lafayettenye.com/

Bands were better last year though, but might still be cool.

chairmenmeow47
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
hi san diego :) anything cool going on the weekend of president's day?

Mciurleo
01-28-2013, 10:47 AM

http://www.facebook.com/events/369584896471332/?ref=ts&fref=ts

LED anniversary.

http://eventvibe.com/events/sandiegoca/20047-Joachim-Garraud-Wintervention

Joachim 3D Invasion show.

Mike Litoris
01-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Does anyone happen to have an extra BB King Ticket (or 2) :)

msnider44
02-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Just saw Pinback at HOB this past weekend. Great show - best they've ever sounded. Always curious as to why they never get invited to do festivals, specifically Coachella since they're from San Diego, and they do have a rather steady fan base. Anyways, see you all for Weekend 2. First Coachella ever.

Nealocus
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
The Who last night were AWESOME! So glad I got to see them. Vintage Trouble was also pretty badass, excited to see them at Coachella.

zeppelin77
02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Twin Shadow @ Belly Up Wed 5/22
Presale tix (no fees): $18/ea http://twinshadow.net/live/

heart cooks brain
02-12-2013, 08:11 AM
nick cave 4/16 - presale thursday 2/14 general onsale friday 2/15

Mike Litoris
02-14-2013, 11:00 AM
nick cave 4/16 - presale thursday 2/14 general onsale friday 2/15

Presale password for nick cave is SKYAWAY

heart cooks brain
02-14-2013, 11:09 AM
i got front row loge in the center. stoked.

ENluv12
02-14-2013, 11:12 AM
i got front row loge in the center. stoked.

Are you in San Diego?

heart cooks brain
02-14-2013, 11:17 AM
my best friend lives out there and i stay for a few days on either side of coachella to minimize the shock of getting back to real life.

ENluv12
02-14-2013, 11:19 AM
ah. I was gonna say, I didn't know I had company out here!

heart cooks brain
02-14-2013, 11:29 AM
at least 4 days a year, you do.

i tried moving out there spring 2011 but it didn't work out.

ENluv12
02-14-2013, 11:30 AM
You should try again. It is pretty awesome.

heart cooks brain
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
i know, i love it out there, it's so beautiful. buuuut since then i helped start a marketing firm so i'm kinda tied down atm.

Devin the Dude
02-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Daedelus Magic Properties Tour - Casbah 3/28

sames44
02-15-2013, 11:37 AM
has anyone been to The Void (formerly Bar 11)? what was it like? they have some interesting shows scheduled, ie Widowspeak/Colleen Green April 4 and Spectrum April 24.

HalfDayClosing
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
How is Balboa Theatre as a venue? Would it be better to sit orchestra on the side or get a center balcony spot?

PJandBompton
02-15-2013, 05:48 PM
The Void is gonna start getting some pretty good shows and probably pull a good amount of stuff away from Soda Bar, with Mario Orduno booking there now.

eimie
02-15-2013, 09:19 PM

Anyone interested in catching Blackalicious & Chali 2na (of Jurassic 5) this Sunday at Belly Up? I don't think any of my people would be interested in this show.

http://www.bellyup.com/event/blackalicious/

eimie
02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Just saw Pinback at HOB this past weekend. Great show - best they've ever sounded. Always curious as to why they never get invited to do festivals, specifically Coachella since they're from San Diego, and they do have a rather steady fan base. Anyways, see you all for Weekend 2. First Coachella ever.

Their HOB set was also my favorite of theirs (I mean, Casbah's always pretty great, but I like how they've gotten more polished over the years). I've also wondered why Pinback's never done festivals, since they've been long respected by the indie music community.

hawkingvsreeve
02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
They played in '05.

Mike Litoris
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Breakbot is playing at Spin Nightclub on March 30.

ENluv12
02-25-2013, 08:04 AM

oooh shit... Looks like I have plans this night!

sames44
03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Tame Impala at HOB San Diego on May 31st

eudaemonia
03-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay

Franz Ferdinand - 4/15
Tegan & Sara - 4/17

PulpOne
03-08-2013, 10:05 AM

Holy hell... I will be there

GDSD573
03-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Zakk Wylde acoustic show at the Belly Up April 30 Doors open at 7pm.

From the website..."Special Acoustic Performance, a book reading and Q&A session from Bringing Metal To The Children"

IzGewd
03-19-2013, 03:17 PM
anyone have Joy Formidable tickets for the show at the belly up? I'd like to buy them

JorgeC
03-19-2013, 04:00 PM
anyone pickup LED Fest tickets today? Presets, Gessafelstein, TEED, Diplo and more across 2 days for $60 bucks.

Phantasma Del Mar
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Fitz and the Tantrums are preforming for free at the Typhoon Saloon on Monday. Starts at noon, open to the first 50 people who line up.

SepaGroove
03-20-2013, 11:27 AM
anyone pickup LED Fest tickets today? Presets, Gessafelstein, TEED, Diplo and more across 2 days for $60 bucks.

I'm trying to convince my friends to go to this. It's a great deal.

JorgeC
03-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Presale is already up to the $80 level. I hope more acts get announced soon. This would be a great 1 day lineup, but need more to spread the love across 2 days.

Phantasma Del Mar
03-21-2013, 02:52 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Prince
05/03 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Early Show)
05/03 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Late Show)
05/04 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Early Show)
05/04 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Late Show

Mike Litoris
03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Prince
05/03 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Early Show)
05/03 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Late Show)
05/04 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Early Show)
05/04 – San Diego, CA @ Hard Rock Hotel (Late Show
Oh shi- I work at the Hard Rock, hopefully I can get some hookups.

bashabrach
04-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Polica! phenominal... she'll be playing at the observatory on April 16, and ALT-J will be playing at the observatory on the 17.

PJandBompton
04-05-2013, 03:17 AM
Polica! phenominal... she'll be playing at the observatory on April 16, and ALT-J will be playing at the observatory on the 17.

aaaaaaaand someone needs to learn how to read

ENluv12
04-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Oh shi- I work at the Hard Rock, hopefully I can get some hookups.

HI friend.... :)

heart cooks brain
04-05-2013, 07:18 AM
aaaaaaaand someone needs to learn how to read

SDsuprefan

sames44
04-05-2013, 07:57 AM
has anyone been to The Void (formerly Bar 11)? what was it like? they have some interesting shows scheduled, ie Widowspeak/Colleen Green April 4 and Spectrum April 24.

derp it's the former Zombie Lounge. Widowspeak were great last night!

Mike Litoris
04-05-2013, 09:09 AM
HI friend.... :)

Haha I tried. Ain't nobody gettin hookups though. They're going to have it locked down from my understanding.

Where they're having it seems strange to me; it's going to be in one of the large meeting rooms (if you've ever been to wintervention, same room). The acoustics in there have to be terrible.

ENluv12
04-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I have not been in there, no... but a meeting room doesn't seem like an idea place for a concert to me.

Mr.Trent
04-10-2013, 08:33 AM
anyone going to Wild Nothing on Monday?

apparently most people will be at Foals

negaverse
04-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay

Franz Ferdinand - 4/15
Tegan & Sara - 4/17

Anyone going to FF? Now that they are conflicting with 2 door...I might just go to this. It should be a nice night out at Humphreys.

PulpOne
04-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Bosnian Rainbows at the Casbah 6/24

Gigger
04-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Belly Up Sept. 15!

Fuck yes!

PJandBompton
04-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Belly Up Sept. 15!

Fuck yes!

holy shit.

ods..
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
yeah i just had a freakout

ameeps
04-22-2013, 07:34 PM
HEADS UP GUYS:

Even though it says tickets go on sale Friday, you can get your GY!BE tickets NOW via this link! Just got mine!
http://bellyupsolanabeach.frontgatesolutions.com/choose.php?a=1&lid=80772&eid=91012

ods..
04-22-2013, 07:39 PM
thank you

nosurprises12
04-22-2013, 07:46 PM
HEADS UP GUYS:

Even though it says tickets go on sale Friday, you can get your GY!BE tickets NOW via this link! Just got mine!
http://bellyupsolanabeach.frontgatesolutions.com/choose.php?a=1&lid=80772&eid=91012

Best use of bold I've seen in a while; see you all there!

Phantasma Del Mar
04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
HEADS UP GUYS:

I love you. So much.

I seriously can't believe that this will be my third time seeing Godspeed, fuck.

HowToDisappear
04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the link. Tickets bought.

Anyone have any extras for the May 6 Bonobo show? If you do, please PM me. I need two. I didn't buy right at the onsale - I think I thought I'd have plenty of time? - and then later on when I thought about it again it was sold out. :/

enginedown
04-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Looks like they fixed it, tickets on sale Monday :(

Built to Spill next week, anyone?

andrew86
04-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Just got tickets to ScHoolboy Q @ HOB anyone else going?

ENluv12
04-26-2013, 07:39 AM
It might be in this thread but I don't want to go through it all.... does anyone know when Prince tickets are going on sale, assuming he is still coming to SD?

heart cooks brain
04-26-2013, 07:40 AM
ods... is probably all over that info.

Sexecutioner
04-26-2013, 08:55 AM
It might be in this thread but I don't want to go through it all.... does anyone know when Prince tickets are going on sale, assuming he is still coming to SD?

They've been on sale for a while: http://www.electrostub.com/venue.cfm?id=2878

$250 is a bit high for my liking, even for prince.

scenicworld
04-26-2013, 09:33 AM
yeah. as much as I'd love to see Prince, it's just too rich for my blood.

ods..
04-26-2013, 09:38 AM

Yeah these have been on sale for a while. I'd recommend coming to Vegas this weekend if you're trying to go for cheap. All the vegas shows have really good prices on stubhub and they will continue to drop. I seriously might end up going to all 4 shows this weekend because prices are so chill.

enginedown
05-05-2013, 10:56 AM
built to spill tonight!!!!

ENluv12
05-06-2013, 07:10 AM
ok thanks guys. I don't think I am dropping $250 on tickets though. I like him, but not happening :(

Mike Litoris
05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
It was this past weekend too, so I guess you're really not going.

From what I heard, Prince showed up late for every show and those that had seen him before said they were disappointed with his performance. Those that I talked to, said it was still good, just not as good as the other times they've seen him.

Nealocus
05-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I saw him for the late show Friday and I had a great time. His set was pretty stacked but was unfortunately missing a lot of my all time favorites. But hey it was Prince and I didn't pay for it so I had a blast!

ods..
05-08-2013, 01:05 AM
It was this past weekend too, so I guess you're really not going.

From what I heard, Prince showed up late for every show and those that had seen him before said they were disappointed with his performance. Those that I talked to, said it was still good, just not as good as the other times they've seen him.

He absolutely slayed. So don't listen to this guy who didn't go. If you went expecting to hear hits, sorry but this isn't the tour.

Highly Refined Pirate
05-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Minus the Bear at UCSD tomorrow night. $20/ticket

andrew86
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
anyone know how late shows at the house of blues typically go?

Nealocus
05-10-2013, 11:00 PM

I'd say 11pm

Nealocus
05-10-2013, 11:00 PM

I'd say 11pm

Phantasma Del Mar
05-13-2013, 11:30 AM

I'd say 11pm

PJandBompton
05-14-2013, 11:38 PM

I'd say 11pm

Sexecutioner
05-18-2013, 11:48 AM
So songkick just sent me an alert saying prodigy was playing at anthology. this cant be right, can it? isnt anthology closed down?

Phantasma Del Mar
05-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Nothing about it on Anthology's facebook, or Prodigy's website, or Google...

Nealocus
05-18-2013, 09:15 PM
So songkick just sent me an alert saying prodigy was playing at anthology. this cant be right, can it? isnt anthology closed down?

I got it too. Semi-freaked out.

Anthology did close but I'm pretty sure they were re-purchased.

crazykittensmile
05-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Anyone have a spare ticket for that Tame Impala show at HoB? Their Coachella set was such a tease, I need more. Willing to pay a decent amount.

Stubhub is insane (+fees) and apparently people on CL don't know how to remove their posts once they've sold their goods.

Nealocus
05-27-2013, 11:21 AM
They're giving away some on 91x.

Phantasma Del Mar
05-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Anamanaguchi
Fri 12 July
Porter's Pub

I most definitely will be getting my chip-tunes on.

PJandBompton
05-30-2013, 03:25 PM
i've got a show July 28th at SOMA with Casey Veggies x Travi$ Scott x Cali Cam.

Highly Refined Pirate
05-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Seeing Tame Impala @ DT HOB tomorrow night I'm looking forward to seeing them in a smaller venue, hopefully they plan their setlist accordingly.

benwin
06-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Del Mar Summer Concert Series 2013

http://www.delmarscene.com/concerts

7/19 - The B-52's
7/26 - Fitz and the Tantrums
7/27 - Sammy Hagar & The Wabos
7/28 - Los Tucanes de Tijuana
8/2 - Iration
8/4 - Larry Hernandez
8/9 - Pinback
8/16 - Steel Pulse
8/17 - Weezer
8/23 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8/30 - Special Guests TBA
8/31 - Ziggy Marley

PulpOne
06-04-2013, 09:47 AM
ZAVALAZ, Cedric's (Mars Volta) new band, playing the Casbah 6/30

PulpOne
06-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Also, Disclosure playing HOB 10/16

Gigger
06-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Foals, James Blake, and now disclosure? Ill be spending some time at HOB

Godspeed
06-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Foals, James Blake, and now disclosure? Ill be spending some time at HOB
Did you catch them at Coachella?

ENluv12
06-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I still have not been to HOB, but it looks like it will be a good time to check it out.

PulpOne
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Gold Panda w/ Luke Abbott at the Casbah 9/19

westcoastpirate
06-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Del Mar Summer Concert Series 2013

http://www.delmarscene.com/concerts

7/19 - The B-52's
7/26 - Fitz and the Tantrums
7/27 - Sammy Hagar & The Wabos
7/28 - Los Tucanes de Tijuana
8/2 - Iration
8/4 - Larry Hernandez
8/9 - Pinback
8/16 - Steel Pulse
8/17 - Weezer
8/23 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8/30 - Special Guests TBA
8/31 - Ziggy Marley

I am looking at the website and it says you can purchase entry for $6, but if you show up after the start of the last race it is $20 to get into the concert. You can buy the $6 tickets in advance, but what happens if you buy the $6 ticket and show up after the start of the last race? What was it like last year?

Sushov23
06-10-2013, 03:42 PM
You'll have to pay.

westcoastpirate
06-10-2013, 09:18 PM
You'll have to pay.

What time does the last race typically start before a 4pm show?

Sushov23
06-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Races start at 4 if I remember correctly, and the bands usually play at 7pm. I'm not 100 percent sure because me and my friends used to show up early and bet on horses and get drunk. We would always lose track of time, and went with the flow. Watching the races is actually fun.

westcoastpirate
06-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Races start at 4 if I remember correctly, and the bands usually play at 7pm. I'm not 100 percent sure because me and my friends used to show up early and bet on horses and get drunk. We would always lose track of time, and went with the flow. Watching the races is actually fun.

Cool, thanks.

lehorne
06-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Anyone been to Humphrey's Backstage Live on Shelter Island? Shitshow or wot? My hotel is a couple blocks away and thought might check her out this weekend.

Phantasma Del Mar
06-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Ruby Room closing down apparently?

PJandBompton
06-12-2013, 08:15 PM

yup.

Sushov23
06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
August 23rd(YYY's day), now says special guests. I wonder if they had to take it down because of FYF, or if YYY's canceled.

PulpOne
06-17-2013, 10:23 AM

They're moving it to North Park. Owners are splitting up.

zeppelin77
06-17-2013, 05:02 PM
August 23rd(YYY's day), now says special guests. I wonder if they had to take it down because of FYF, or if YYY's canceled.

I emailed Chris Bahr (Director of Events/Promotions for the Del Mar Race Track) and this was his reply:
"For the time being, we have withdrawn their name due to promotional conflicts. However, we still expect them to perform on Aug. 23."

Hmm ... maybe I'll ask him who the other special guest is the following week.

zeppelin77
06-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Looks like the YYY gig is falling apart.
I emailed him again late this afternoon about the Special Guest for Aug 30:
"FYI- We are now unsure if Yeah Yeah Yeahs will play… The dates of August 23 and 30
are open with the possibility of Yeah Yeah Yeahs either day"

Sounds like they don't have a firm commitment from the YYYs. I think their FYF gig is still a go.

Sushov23
06-17-2013, 06:59 PM
That is shitty. I'm guessing there is a conflict with FYF.

Nealocus
06-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Don't worry, the YYYs will play.

westcoastpirate
06-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll be in town from Aug 15th-18th, and I see there is something called Indiefest taking place at Liberty Station. It says Talib Kweli, Cake, and Best Coast are headlining, but the website is pretty much useless for info. Does anyone know more about this event? What does it cost to get in, etc?

Nealocus
06-25-2013, 03:38 PM
8/16 gates open @5pm and it goes from 6p-11p. 8/17 gates open @ 1p and it goes from 2p-11p. It's all ages and prices are TBA.

andrew86
06-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Anybody got face value tickets for Kendrick on Friday?

westcoastpirate
06-26-2013, 07:26 AM
8/16 gates open @5pm and it goes from 6p-11p. 8/17 gates open @ 1p and it goes from 2p-11p. It's all ages and prices are TBA.

Sounds like the perfect event to go day drinking in OB on Friday Aug 16th then hit the show after. Do you know who the headliners are each day?

Gigger
06-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Did you catch them at Coachella?

They were my favorite set of the weekend. Bonobo is playing hob as well. Octobers going to be a good month.

chipzdelux
07-08-2013, 12:49 PM
anyone see RX bandits last night at HOB? amazing show. they played all of resignation and 4 or 5 songs off ...and the battle begun.

for techno fans, christian martin and worthy in oceanside, ca on july 19th. tickets are 15 bucks!

gazercmh
07-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Going to see Adam Ant at the Balboa Theater next week. Haven't seen him in ages, really looking forward to it.

getbetter
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Adam Ant was great at 4th and B last October.....and I shocked because that venue is horrible.

gazercmh
07-11-2013, 11:59 AM
I bought a ticket for that show when it was originally scheduled for earlier in the year, like February. Then when it was postponed I held onto my ticket, then somehow forgot all about the show and didn't remember until a month afterward. So I had a ticket and didn't go. I was so bummed.

corbo
07-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Portugal The Man @ HOB last night
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7415/9261038636_359a274f75_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/corboamnesiac/9261038636/)
IMG_0081 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/corboamnesiac/9261038636/) by corboamnesiac (http://www.flickr.com/people/corboamnesiac/), on Flickr
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3730/9258239335_7c1f101597_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/corboamnesiac/9258239335/)
IMG_0226 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/corboamnesiac/9258239335/) by corboamnesiac (http://www.flickr.com/people/corboamnesiac/), on Flickr

Nealocus
07-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Awesome show announcement coming tomorrow. 91X 10am.

IzGewd
07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
let's hear it

IzGewd
07-23-2013, 09:29 AM
so what was it?

Phantasma Del Mar
07-23-2013, 11:11 AM
The only show they've announced today is AFI in October, which is certainly not awesome.

PJandBompton
07-23-2013, 02:17 PM
i've got a show with Casey Veggies, Travi$ Scott (was on Yeezus & MCHG) and local Cali Cam this Sunday at SOMA.

Nealocus
07-23-2013, 04:45 PM
The only show they've announced today is AFI in October, which is certainly not awesome.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm excited to see me some AFI.

IzGewd
07-24-2013, 05:08 PM
you dick

ecw4ever3
07-25-2013, 10:49 PM

not at all

Sexecutioner
07-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Looks like YYYs show at the race track is back on. YYY's made an event for it on their facebook.

zeppelin77
08-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Looks like the YYY show is back off according to their facebook page:
"YYYs regret to announce that due to circumstances beyond our control the Aug 23rd date in Del Mar, CA has been cancelled. We were really looking forward to playing for all of our SD area fans, and are bummed and sorry that we wont be able to."

Looks like YYYs show at the race track is back on. YYY's made an event for it on their facebook.

Sexecutioner
08-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Looks like the YYY show is back off according to their facebook page:
"YYYs regret to announce that due to circumstances beyond our control the Aug 23rd date in Del Mar, CA has been cancelled. We were really looking forward to playing for all of our SD area fans, and are bummed and sorry that we wont be able to."

Yea, saw that. What a bummer. Stupid radius claus.

zeppelin77
08-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Anybody have 2 extras to the Neighbourhood @ HOB? Meant to stop by the box office to avoid ticketmaster fees, but looks like it sold out in the meantime. :(

Gigger
08-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Primal Scream at The Belly Up October 15

gazercmh
08-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Oooh nice

westcoastpirate
08-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Going to Souls of Mischief at the Belly Up tomorrow, then hitting up Steel Pulse on Friday at Del Mar Racetrack. What time do you think we need to show up at the racetrack to avoid paying $20? It just says before the start of the last race, but races start at 4pm.

zeppelin77
08-14-2013, 01:35 PM
1st race is at 4pm. 30 minutes between each race. Number of races a day varies, but you can do the math.
You can also track the races live: http://www.dmtc.com/frame.php?f=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.equibase.com%2Fstatic %2Fchart%2Fsummary%2FDMR-calendar.html

westcoastpirate
08-14-2013, 01:50 PM
1st race is at 4pm. 30 minutes between each race. Number of races a day varies, but you can do the math.
You can also track the races live: http://www.dmtc.com/frame.php?f=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.equibase.com%2Fstatic %2Fchart%2Fsummary%2FDMR-calendar.html

Thanks for the info. Eight races this Friday, so the last race should start before 7:30pm. I'll definitely be there in time to avoid the $20 price.

andrew86
09-06-2013, 03:18 PM
anyone got an extra ticket for Kid Cudi tonight?

getbetter
09-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Man Man
Sept 30th
The Casbah

scenicworld
10-06-2013, 12:05 AM
pretty sure I'm going to this.

Nov 19
NIGHT TERRORS OF 1927
Soda Bar

scenicworld
10-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Volcano Choir at House of Blues - 1/19/14

eimie
10-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Janelle MonŠe @ HOB 11/6! Finally headlining a tour (about time). Lemme know if you'd like to join me in the front row.

Nealocus
11-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Janelle MonŠe @ HOB 11/6! Finally headlining a tour (about time). Lemme know if you'd like to join me in the front row.

I bet you're not in a good mood today :(

Hopefully she'll make it up ASAP.

Gigger
11-16-2013, 08:34 PM
The Beanard Lakes and Elephant stone are playing The Casbah tomorrow. I'm pretty damn excited about this.

eimie
11-16-2013, 11:09 PM
I bet you're not in a good mood today :(

Hopefully she'll make it up ASAP.

Yes, I almost shed a tear that day haha. Just found out that the show got rescheduled for 1/13 though!

PJandBompton
11-17-2013, 10:25 PM
so LED is parting ways with Voyeur, from the tweets it seems like Voyeur is closing but they have events scheduled for future dates, all promoted by Voyeur. looks like LED is gonna take up residence at Bang Bang

Sushov23
11-17-2013, 10:29 PM
so LED is parting ways with Voyeur, from the tweets it seems like Voyeur is closing but they have events scheduled for future dates, all promoted by Voyeur. looks like LED is gonna take up residence at Bang Bang

Serves them right, they got so damn full of themselves. I actually liked the spot quite a bit, but it became too much of a hassle to go there.

Mike Litoris
11-18-2013, 03:59 AM

I thought LED and Voyeur were run by the same group of guys? From what I've seen it looks like it's closing, but who knows for sure. They've never really been great with the whole communication thing.

halfeatensausage
11-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Anyone need tickets for The Locust in La Jolla this Saturday? Have 2 to sell for $20, paid 42 and just wanna make some money back.

ods..
11-21-2013, 06:09 PM
some awesome shows coming up at Soda Bar

Dec 19 - PERFECT PUSSY

Jan 06 - CORRECTIONS HOUSE

Jan 7,14,21,28 - THE LONELY WILD

Jan 24 - PURE BATHING CULTURE / LA LUZ

Jan 30 - PASSAFIRE / BALLYHOO!

Feb 08 - ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER

Feb 16 - QUILT

Feb 23 - MARISSA NADLER

Mar 01 - ANGEL OLSEN

IceyHotshot
11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
From what I've heard, Angel Olsen should be good too.

eturnol
11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Seth Troxler was a lot of fun at Bang Bang last night!

Highly Refined Pirate
12-03-2013, 05:29 PM
So I managed to get two Wrex the Halls GA tickets but I'm taking my friend who doesn't frequent these type of shows much. For anyone who has gone before what's the floor like? Is it a wristband type of thing with all the bathroom and food/drink amenities off the floor?

Phantasma Del Mar
12-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Wristband, food and bathroom on the upper level. Sometimes there are beer booths on the floor though.

Mike Litoris
12-04-2013, 03:15 AM
So I managed to get two Wrex the Halls GA tickets but I'm taking my friend who doesn't frequent these type of shows much. For anyone who has gone before what's the floor like? Is it a wristband type of thing with all the bathroom and food/drink amenities off the floor?

Last year there was a bathroom (and a concession stand, I think) in the back corner of the floor, where the locker rooms are

TheClaw
12-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm driving down for that show as well. What's the parking situation over there. I've never been to that arena before.

Phantasma Del Mar
12-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Awful. If you can, try to find parking on Kurtz street by the rear entrance of the place.

TheClaw
12-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Mike Litoris
12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Or park at a trolley station and ride the trolley to SDSU. I'd double check to make sure it's running late that night, though

Sexecutioner
12-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Or park at a trolley station and ride the trolley to SDSU. I'd double check to make sure it's running late that night, though

This is incorrect. It's at sports arena, not SDSU.

Mike Litoris
12-04-2013, 04:12 PM
This is incorrect. It's at sports arena, not SDSU.

Oh shit. My bad! I've been living in France for the past couple months, so I'm a bit out of the loop.:rolleyes

If that's the case, DO NOT park in the home depot parking lot. Some douche makes his living by towing people off that lot whenever there's an event

Sushov23
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Oh shit. My bad! I've been living in France for the past couple months, so I'm a bit out of the loop.:rolleyes

If that's the case, DO NOT park in the home depot parking lot. Some douche makes his living by towing people off that lot whenever there's an event

Parking at Target, or In N Out is a safer bet(In N Out is a walk though, worth saving the 20 bucks I'd say).

zeppelin77
12-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Awful. If you can, try to find parking on Kurtz street by the rear entrance of the place.

+1 on Kurtz st.
If you're driving south on the 5, take the Rosecrans exit (it will be a cluster), but after you exit make the first right turn (before the Denny's) and work your way toward the Sports Arena. I'll leave it to your GPS/phone to lead you the way (you'll be driving through an industrial area). Find street parking wherever you find it.

I usually take the 8 and exit Sports Arena blvd and park on West Point Loma Blvd. where there is tons of street parking and no traffic. But it's a .5 mile walk.

Highly Refined Pirate
12-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the parking help

Pat24
12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Parking at Soma is a good spot too if you get there fairly early because it's not that big of a parking lot....

Sexecutioner
12-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Parking at Soma is a good spot too if you get there fairly early because it's not that big of a parking lot....

They won't tow you from the soma lot?

Pat24
12-05-2013, 05:19 PM
They won't tow you from the soma lot?

All the shows I go to at the Sports Arena, I park there, and I've never been towed.

TheClaw
12-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks for all the parking tips! After seeing the Almost Acoustic Christmas set times, I'm glad I picked this show.

darkmoon66
12-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Wrex the Halls was a good show. I found myself wanting every band to have a longer set time though, especially Queens of the Stone Age.

TheClaw
12-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Not as shiny as Almost Acoustic Christmas, but that just made it better. The set times as always were too short, but everyone put in a good show. Also, good crowd from Alt-J on.

Also, thanks for the parking advice. Fund a spot on Kurtz just outside the parking gate. After the show they announced 66 cars towed for Home Depot.

scenicworld
12-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Cut Copy
4/2 - House of Blues

Sushov23
12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Wrex the Halls was awesome, Alt-J, Cage the Elephant, and Arctic Monkeys each played for 40 minutes(in Alt-J's case it was pretty much a full set, minus an encore). All three bands made great use of their time.

Alt-J especially was great, the only problem was plenty of people didn't know who they were it seemed like, but they really impressed me. The worst thing during Alt-J is people asking me and my friends to sit down. I'm sorry not going to happen we are at a concert and I'm standing and dancing. Alt-J make their sound work so well live. It seems more urgent, and even dancey. All of the guys are great musicians, their timing is perfect. It was my 4th time seeing alt-J and def the best set I've seen from them.

Arctic Monkeys are caught between their Post Punk angular rock, and this new swaggerific sound they've taken up for AM. It makes for a fun yet uneven set. The new songs are great, but they lack the energy and intensity in a live setting. I can't say much about Cage other than they played a ridiculously fun set last night.

Now to the highlight of the night, Vampire Weekend. This band is officially on the map, as if it needed to be said after the massive crowds at Coachella this year. No doubt they are doing arenas everywhere when they put out their 4th record. As a matter of fact they will headline Coachella with their next record. Their sound live is tight, and they are thriving on stage. They put on such a fun, and energetic set. My favorite set of the night.

What was depressing is what happened after, about 1/4 of the crowd left after Vampire Weekend finished their set, and QOTSA went on. QOTSA came out on fire, and what was extremely impressive about their 45-50 minute set was how great the new songs sounded. I would even say I enjoyed the new material much more live than the "hits" last night. Sucks that they played to a 2/3 empty arena 20-25 minutes into their set. They had until 11pm to play but I'm sure they said fuck this shit, we are leaving too you ungrateful San Diego bastards.