PDA

View Full Version : Never hired an RV, can I squat?!

kennycarly
02-24-2007, 03:46 AM
I'm hiring (if they let me) an RV for Coachella.
Is there any reason why I can't just park in a back street or car park somewhere? Do RV's need to be camped properly and hooked up or do they have their own power supply/water reserves?
How will I shower etc?

smilingdownward
02-24-2007, 01:09 PM
you should hang out with the ppl who are camping out in thier cars/vans ect. at the wal:)mart. wallyworld lets ppl park in their parking lot with RV's campers and cars overnight, old ppl all over the country do it all the time. you can also dispose of your toilet stuff at gas stations, they have dump sites there.

DeltaSigChi4
02-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Or dispose of it over a bridge onto people below like the Dave Matthews Band did.

E

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:05 PM
I was going to post that the other day, but I forgot. Wal-Mart does let people stay in the parking lots over night in RV/cars, but you need to check for local laws. Certain states and counties have laws against it, and you can get a ticket. These areas enforce it, so people have to stay at places where they have to pay recreational taxes (motel/hotel, tourist, etc..). I believe walmartfacts.com has more information about it.