PDA

View Full Version : Boxing

ragingdave
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Anyone here into the sweet science?
I know there is already a thread with Boxing/MMA but I refuse to post on that fukking MMA bullshit.
This is the thread for the old school fight fans.

"Let's get it on!'

buddy
03-08-2010, 09:00 PM
i like boxing. pacquaio v. clottey should be interested. clottey can take some punishment. it should go into the late rounds, if not all 12, in my opinion. i still think pacquaio wins, though.

i like old school boxing, too. there's a great documentary on jack johnson that came out a few years ago on pbs. it's on netflix instant, for those interested.

ragingdave
03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Are you going to pay for the fight?
I cant do it, since I am so pissed that they fukked up the Pacquaio vs. Mayweather fight.
the only thing I can say positive about MMA is that they put good cards together.
I don't know why boxing doesn;t learn and put together several big title fights on one card.
Selfish I guess.

bballarl
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I enjoy boxing. A friend of mine is super into it and has educated me a bit beyond my casual fandom. I am still not that knowledgeable though.

boboso
03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28259

TomAz
03-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Jesus fucking christ boboso. reading comprehension?

anyway ragingdave gets it. Boxing is not bludgeoning. Sport involves discipline and rules.

buddy
03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Are you going to pay for the fight?
I cant do it, since I am so pissed that they fukked up the Pacquaio vs. Mayweather fight.
the only thing I can say positive about MMA is that they put good cards together.
I don't know why boxing doesn;t learn and put together several big title fights on one card.
Selfish I guess.

yeah i agree about the undercards in boxing not being the best, and in return losing them some fans. my friend is an even bigger boxing fan than i am, so i'll probably end up watching down his house. otherwise, it might be hard for me to pay $50 for the fight.

i still think the pacquaio v. mayweather fight happens. too much money involved. that's if mayweather can get past mosley, which i think he will by decision.

bballarl
03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
yeah i agree about the undercards in boxing not being the best, and in return losing them some fans. my friend is an even bigger boxing fan than i am, so i'll probably end up watching down his house. otherwise, it might be hard for me to pay $50 for the fight.

i still think the pacquaio v. mayweather fight happens. too much money involved. that's if mayweather can get past mosley, which i think he will by decision.

Agreed. No way that fight doesn't happen.

ragingdave
03-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I wish I could agree but that fight will not happen.
Mayweather is too big a punk to get his ass whupped by Pac.

Who are you favorite fighters out there?

Darchiniyan is my man now.
The guy weighs like 110 pounds and knocks people the fuck out.
Plus he's Armenian so he probably smells to high heaven.

buddy
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
yeah darchiniyan has some great power. it's fun to watch guys like that. pacquaio is probably my favorite right now. it's like watching tyson in is prime when he's out there. he's on a whole other level.

yeah it definitely seemed to me that mayweather ducked pacquaio.

ragingdave
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
The List of fighters beyond the big names:

Ivan Calderon
Vic Darchinyan
Nonito Donaire (rematch fight with Darchinyan would be killer)
Juan Manuel Lopez
Juan Manuel Marquez
Edwin Valero
Timothy Bradley Jr.
Devon Alexander
Lamont Peterson
Andre Berto
Paul Williams (sort of a biggish name)
Andre Ward
Carl Froch
Mikkel Kessler
Arthur Abraham

The rest of the big names you either know or they are overrated.

buddy
03-08-2010, 10:18 PM
berto is a good up and comer. too bad the fight between him and mosley couldn't happen. arthur abraham is fun to watch, also.

TheGunner'sDream
03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
What are you guys fighters of all time?

buddy
03-08-2010, 10:44 PM
marvin hagler, tommy hearns, diego corrales, jack johnson, ali, sugar ray robinson, etc.

bluemamba
03-08-2010, 10:58 PM
http://www.superstarsofboxing.co.uk/USERIMAGES/JuiloChavezARTICLE2.JPG

marooko
03-09-2010, 07:43 AM
I wasn;t gonna say this, but then I read your post.

There's already a thread for this, ass hat. Well, for MMA anyway. Everyone knows boxing is dead and has been for years. Quit trying to ride MMA's coattails.

Look, when is this picture above me from, 1982?

bluemamba
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
1983 actually.

marooko
03-09-2010, 12:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

bballarl
03-09-2010, 07:11 PM
MMA is a joke.

Anyone know of a good place in LA to watch the Pacquiao fight this weekend? I don't want to pay for it, but would pay a cover or whatever to watch it at a bar.

marooko
03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
:(.