PDA

View Full Version : The Mother Fucking El Rey thread.

vinylmartyr
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
What?

http://www.theelrey.com/

getbetter
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I still have not been to the mother fucking El Rey

bmack86
03-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Damn. One of the best venues around. They did a fantastic remodel a few years back, and since then it's been one of the best places to see a band in LA. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

bballarl
03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I echo Bryan and Jeff's sentiments.

getbetter
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
yeah usually if there a decent band playing at the El rey they are usually playing at the Glasshouse which is a hell of a lot closer to my house.

suprefan
03-08-2010, 08:25 PM
yeah usually if there a decent band playing at the El rey they are usually playing at the Glasshouse which is a hell of a lot closer to my house.

MBV didnt play the Glasshouse last year before coachella. THEY PLAYED THE MOTHERFUCKING EL REY.

TallGuyCM
03-08-2010, 08:25 PM
He speaks truth. And the sound at the El Rey is far superior to that of the Glass House, if we're gonna compare the two.

ficklecycle
03-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Anyone going to The Big Pink tomorrow? I really wanted to go see APTBS.

Boourns
03-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Lovely venue with amazing sound. Saw three of my top ten gigs of 2009 there and looking forward to catching more this year.

So speaking of the Glasshouse, I've never been but have tickets for She & Him next month. When you say the sound is far superior at El Rey, does that mean the Glasshouse sound isn't good?

getbetter
03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
MBV didnt play the Glasshouse last year before coachella. THEY PLAYED THE MOTHERFUCKING EL REY.

I did say usually.

but if we are going compare

We did get The Pixies in 04 before coachella as their First show in the reunion.

We got Bauhaus in 05

We got Jesus and Mary Chains in 07

It's also one of Jack White favorite venues so he always has stop at the Glasshouse for whatever band he's controlling

TallGuyCM
03-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Lovely venue with amazing sound. Saw three of my top ten gigs of 2009 there and looking forward to catching more this year.

So speaking of the Glasshouse, I've never been but have tickets for She & Him next month. When you say the sound is far superior at El Rey, does that mean the Glasshouse sound isn't good?

No it's alright. The venue is just filthy, though. We're talking no paper towels in the bathroom, and maybe soap if you catch it on a good day. But bands that often times fill the Wiltern add shows at the Glass House, so it's a much better way to get really close to a band you like.

brokenDREAMS
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Best show experience there: Gus Gus w/ Lamb (1997 or 8?) - sober yet danced my ass off like there was no tomorrow

Worst show experience there: mf doom (2007); MotherFucker never showed up, I hope GV never promotes any future shows with this clown

A lot of fantastic shows in-between and thereafter...

mondolind
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Best show experience there: Gus Gus w/ Lamb (1997 or 8?) - sober yet danced my ass off like there was no tomorrow

yes, they were both amazing. pretty sure it was '97.

ficklecycle
03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
DFA1979 back in.... 2006/2007? Before the renovations took place. Boy that was one EPIC show.

paulb
03-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Looking forward to my first El Rey gig in a month for Liars!

Distorted_Jungle
03-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Looking forward to my first El Rey gig in a month for Liars!

I'll be making my first trip to the El Rey in a month too, but to see RJD2 & Busdriver not the Liars.

Derekx
03-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Anyone going to The Big Pink tomorrow? I really wanted to go see APTBS.

I'll be there shooting the show.

JorgeC
03-09-2010, 06:50 AM
it's a little far for me, but always worth it. drinks are kind of expensive though. First show there was White Stripes. Favorite shows were probably any of the IAMX shows, Digitalism, Presets and The Knife.

schoolofruckus
03-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Knife

schoolofruckus
03-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Also, the Indigo Girls were awesome last year when we saw them.

caco0283
03-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Gabe don't lie, you've never even been to the El Rey....LIAR

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I have only been to the El Rey a few times...but they have been fucking AMAZING shows - Queens Of The Stone Age, Dillinger Escape Plan, Hallacopters, GUNTHER, Revival Tour...good times

I will echo that they have ridiculously high-priced drinks though, even compared to the other music venues

beavington
03-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Love the el Rey, iwish more shows i wanted to see was there, but i have seen Bat for Lashes, the Streets, Sufjan Stevens, Metric (one of the worst shows ive ever seen) and Sleater-Kinney (at least 4, maybe 5 times) at the motherfucker el rey. oh yeah and Peaches

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-09-2010, 10:24 AM
goddammit i want to see Sufjan

JustSteve
03-09-2010, 11:26 AM
He speaks truth. And the sound at the El Rey is far superior to that of the Glass House, if we're gonna compare the two.

being from newport i will see a show at the glasshouse first, i f'ing hate driving up to l.a.

worst experience was it taking me 3 hours to get to the el rey one time, about a 50 mile drive. once up there i went to a liquor store and bought a small bottle of jager and pounded it, just to remove the negativity of having to make that drive.

nationocean
03-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I HEART the El Rey. My favorite LA venue for many reasons. Just off the top of my head I've seen: Polyphonic Spree, Stereo Sonic, MSTRKRFT, HEALTH, The Presets, Patrick Wolf, Dan Deacon, Lady Sovereign, Yelle, The Dodos, Lykke Li and tons more..

sigh.. haven't been able to get out there in a few weeks though.

Sad I am missing The Big Pink tonight.

ficklecycle
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
MSTRKRFT fucking rocked the El Rey.

TallGuyCM
03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the El Rey's great. And I've just recently noticed how good the sound has gotten there (always been?). But yeah, seen several shows there. St. Vincent, Hold Steady, Jimmy Eat World, Album Leaf, Weakerthans, Black Lips, Blind Melon (new shitty version), MONO, Ra Ra Riot, and others.

phonographer
03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Saw Sea Wolf w/Album Leaf as my first El Rey show. Didn't get to see Album Leaf though. T'was pretty sick.

Oh and shouldn't it be El motherfucking Rey?

TallGuyCM
03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Saw Sea Wolf w/Album Leaf as my first El Rey show. Didn't get to see Album Leaf though. T'was pretty sick.

That second sentence totally makes the first sentence untrue then.

phonographer
03-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I knew I was gonna get something for that.

Derekx
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I haven't been to the El Rey in about 6 years. Where's the best place to park?

bmack86
03-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Side streets. Just kind of circle. Also, in front of the Goldenvoice building is a good bet.

beavington
03-09-2010, 02:51 PM
i usually park across the street near the hollywood video (or is it blockbuster) or one of those streets just off Wilshire...that is when i am lucky (which i usually am with parking)

JorgeC
03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Yelle w/ We Are the World was a great show! Also saw Polyphonic Spree just before the 2nd album was released and I saw people in the audience wearing the robes and was all like "WTF!".

bmack86
03-09-2010, 03:04 PM
The Knife was the second best thing I've seen there, and MBV was a close third, but neither could stand up to Joanna Newsom doing all of Ys.

psychic friend
03-09-2010, 04:02 PM
i really enjoyed when daft punk played at the mother fucking el rey.

i will be at the mother fucking el rey tonight.

suprefan
03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Knife

NOT. FAIR. AT. ALL.

bmack86
03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Why not? There were tons of us board folk there. We hopped on the tickets super early.

God, the wait to actually see them was so bad. There was supposed to be an opener, but they never showed and weren't replaced, but the Knife still went on at the same time. Still worth it, for sure. And, I think that was the first time I met Jeff and Dani.

vinylmartyr
03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
And you scored a free ticket to see Noel Gallagher destroy the Wadsworth

vinylmartyr
03-09-2010, 04:43 PM
and Gem

nationocean
03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
i really enjoyed when daft punk played at the mother fucking el rey.

i will be at the mother fucking el rey tonight.

jealous of both these statements.

/sadface

bmack86
03-09-2010, 04:54 PM
And you scored a free ticket to see Noel Gallagher destroy the Wadsworth

I did!

suprefan
03-09-2010, 05:53 PM
You know when you find out about a show just a little too late, and then its sold out? That was one of the few times its happend to me..

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
SUPREFAN FOUND OUT ABOUT SOMETHING LATE? WHAT?!?!?!?!

bballarl
03-09-2010, 06:24 PM
APTBS/The Big Pink tonight is going to rule my face. I'll be the guy standing somewhere in the venue. Come say hi.

ficklecycle
03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
APTBS/The Big Pink tonight is going to rule my face. I'll be the guy standing somewhere in the venue. Come say hi.

God I wanted to see APTBS so bad. Have fun.

fatbastard
03-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Godspeed You Black Emperor & Broadcast at The Mother Fucking...yeah you know.

bmack86
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
You know when you find out about a show just a little too late, and then its sold out? That was one of the few times its happend to me..

I wouldn't be surprised if they come around again. I wonder how awesome the Knife show would be after having seen the DVD and Fever Ray and all that. Part of it was just the surprise of seeing something so different. The stage show was incredible though.

shermanoaksyo
03-10-2010, 02:45 AM
APTBS were transcendent (aside from going overboard on the strobe at the end).

The Big Pink were terrible; I left early along with a good chunk of the rest of the crowd

pocket
03-10-2010, 03:49 AM
APTBS were transcendent (aside from going overboard on the strobe at the end).

The Big Pink were terrible; I left early along with a good chunk of the rest of the crowd

actually thank god for that strobe because i would have got zero decent pics without it.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4422329620_b74a7f2719.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2747/4422312628_fbb739b85f.jpg
the big pink were utter rubbish. they played some new songs which sounded worse than their old songs, if that was even possible. also was there even a crowd at this show? they should have moved it somewhere smaller...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4422359500_99f0eb695e.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4422376952_3168d672e7.jpg

bballarl
03-10-2010, 09:48 AM
APTBS were good as always. I thought The Big Pink were good, but dragged things out a bit too much. They had upped the stage presence since the last show (I think they have a new guy doing electronics, unless the old guy grew his hair out and decided to start dancing) but it came off as kind of strange and unnatural to me. They only played one new song and did a cover of "These Arms of Mine" by Otis Redding (which I thought was rad...they did it last time too.)

I'm not sure what you are talking about re: crowd size. The room was pretty full.

shermanoaksyo
03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
the room looked full but wasn't really that packed for the el rey, b/c TBP inspired a steady/slow trickle of people out the door

Derekx
03-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Show last time was pretty good. I thought the Big Pink were good, but their slow songs kinda killed the mood. I thought their new song was great. A Place to Bury Strangers were awesome. Surprised they didn't play, I Know I'll See You.

My shots of The Big Pink are here
http://derekx-thebigpink.buzznet.com/user/photos/

Write up is here
http://derekx.buzznet.com/user/journal/6740181/big-pink-blast-through-los/

schoolofruckus
03-10-2010, 11:07 AM
NOT. FAIR. AT. ALL.

Why not? There were tons of us board folk there. We hopped on the tickets super early.

God, the wait to actually see them was so bad. There was supposed to be an opener, but they never showed and weren't replaced, but the Knife still went on at the same time. Still worth it, for sure. And, I think that was the first time I met Jeff and Dani.

Actually, I have to concede that Supres is kind of right on this one. I had never listened to a couple of The Knife's songs on MySpace, but was in no way acquainted with them. I liked it enough that when Tessa told me she could get Jen and me in for free, I figured it would be worth it. And then we walked in during their first song and I was like "what the FUCK is this???"

Still in my top 5 shows ever. Even though a lot of the specialness is because it was such a blind-siding, I think it would still kill without the element of surprise. I hope Bryan's right and we all eventually get another shot at it.

And yet, I would trade that show for this one...

Godspeed You Black Emperor & Broadcast at The Mother Fucking...yeah you know.

...without thinking twice. What year was that, FB?

tessalasset
03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Gaaaabe should I park in the lot today? I haven't left yet but I'm hoping to be there by 1 ish.

brando4n82
03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I was lucky enough to catch Digitalisms monstrous Live set at the El Rey, and one of The LCD shows in 2007. Other than that, I need to get more familiar with the El Rey.

indietron
03-10-2010, 12:08 PM
My first show ever was at the El Rey.

The Aquabats :)

hawkingvsreeve
03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I was lucky enough to catch Digitalisms monstrous Live set at the El Rey, and one of The LCD shows in 2007. Other than that, I need to get more familiar with the El Rey.

I was at that Digitalism show.

psychic friend
03-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I really liked APTBS.. I do like the Big Pink but thought it did drag out towards the end. Started strong then sagged. and did their 'hit' at the end. nice seeing you last night andrew.. and oscar if you read this..

JustSteve
03-10-2010, 12:28 PM
My first show ever was at the El Rey.

The Aquabats :)

i was probably at that show, too...maybe pf was there, too. what year was the show?

zenidogx
03-10-2010, 12:30 PM
My favorite venue. Os Mutantes a couple of years back was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

indietron
03-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm gonna say 06, but I'm not 100% certain.

fatbastard
03-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Actually, I have to concede that Supres is kind of right on this one. I had never listened to a couple of The Knife's songs on MySpace, but was in no way acquainted with them. I liked it enough that when Tessa told me she could get Jen and me in for free, I figured it would be worth it. And then we walked in during their first song and I was like "what the FUCK is this???"

Still in my top 5 shows ever. Even though a lot of the specialness is because it was such a blind-siding, I think it would still kill without the element of surprise. I hope Bryan's right and we all eventually get another shot at it.

And yet, I would trade that show for this one...

...without thinking twice. What year was that, FB?

I actually thought 4 times and still don't remember the year. Night of trippiness and spookiness.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 12:47 PM
i was probably at that show, too...maybe pf was there, too. what year was the show?

I think the Aquabats have played The El Rey several times?

I saw them at the Glasshouse...in 2001 or 2002 i want to say.

psychic friend
03-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I have not been to an aquabats show in several years. maybe over a decade.

pocket
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about re: crowd size. The room was pretty full.

the crowd was sparce. i was easily able to walk outside between bands and without any effort get back to the very front to take pictures. it seemed like more were at bird and the bee or even story of our lives last week.

I thought the Big Pink were good, but their slow songs kinda killed the mood. I thought their new song was great.

weird, the only time i liked them was when they played their slow songs. everyone i was with though, like the new upbeat songs.

Did anyone get there early enough to catch IO Echo at all, their new stuff was horrid.

bmack86
03-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe it was just me being super nerdy then, but I definitely bought my Knife ticket right away. I remember seeing it go up on Pitchfork, checking and finding out the exact onsale time and going straight from there.

Derekx
03-10-2010, 03:32 PM
weird, the only time i liked them was when they played their slow songs. everyone i was with though, like the new upbeat songs.

Did anyone get there early enough to catch IO Echo at all, their new stuff was horrid.

After A Place to Bury Strangers played I wanted to hear more fast paced stuff. The slow songs from The Big Pink just killed it for me.

IO Echo was terrible.

Here's a shot I took of A Place to Bury Strangers
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/126/l_093efc0d730743bfa88db77f5ff1a9e4.jpg

schoolofruckus
03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I actually thought 4 times and still don't remember the year. Night of trippiness and spookiness.

I found a setlist from GY!BE at TMFER in November 2000.

improvisation
moya
world police
12-28-99
tazer floyd
gathering storm
blaise bailey finnegan III
the dead flag blues (outro)

Yeah, my soul would automatically trade this for The Knife without asking me first.

beavington
03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I found a setlist from GY!BE at TMFER in November 2000.

improvisation
moya
world police
12-28-99
tazer floyd
gathering storm
blaise bailey finnegan III
the dead flag blues (outro)

Yeah, my soul would automatically trade this for The Knife without asking me first.

i wish i was more into them when i saw them (at the troub) but that is the way it happens a lot.

schoolofruckus
03-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah, about that Troub show...

3rd part
monheim
gathering storm
dead metheny
john hughes
blaise bailey finnegan II
moya

"Third Part" is quite possibly my favorite piece of music in existence. Which means that I envy fat bastard, but I HATE you.

No offense.

suprefan
03-11-2010, 11:18 AM
TMFER

The phrase that pays.

getbetter
03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
TMFER?

tessalasset
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Maybe it was just me being super nerdy then, but I definitely bought my Knife ticket right away. I remember seeing it go up on Pitchfork, checking and finding out the exact onsale time and going straight from there.

i had no idea who they were when we booked them, but i remember the show sold out at the end of august, and that's what caught my attention. who the hell is this band i've never heard of and how did they manage to sell out the el rey over 2 months before the show? that rarely happens.

JorgeC
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
i had no idea who they were when we booked them, but i remember the show sold out at the end of august, and that's what caught my attention. who the hell is this band i've never heard of and how did they manage to sell out the el rey over 2 months before the show? that rarely happens.

I remember first listening to The Knife because Tower Records in West Covina (seems like SO long ago...) had a display of Heartbeats CD/DVD in their import section. Cover was cool and the track listing had bonus remixes from DJs i liked. I asked what kind of music it was and the girl told me that if I liked Ladytron i would probably like them. Plunked down $30 (whoa!) for it and loved them ever since. When Silent Shout came out and they announced the shows in NYC and LA, and i read that the band almost NEVER tours (like these were literally their 13th, 14th, 15th show ever), i just had to go. So glad I did.

ficklecycle
03-11-2010, 03:25 PM
So APTBS totally stole the show. Figures.

tessalasset
03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm glad to read these reviews cause I'm not so bummed I decided to skip the show now.

suprefan
03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
TMFER?

See the thread title. :nono

getbetter
03-11-2010, 04:38 PM
o what a awesome phrase for a venue.

bmack86
03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I had grabbed Silent Should, but it didn't do much for me at the time. Then Pitchfork wrote about the live shows coming up, and they had a few pictures. That was all it took for me to know I had to go to that. Even if the music wasn't great (which it was: I grew to love that album) I knew the show would be special.

TheWatcher
03-14-2010, 07:17 AM
I was at that Digitalism show.

Me too. :)

It was so packed I don't think they could have fit in any more people if they tried.

Gotta love the El Rey, I can get there 30min before doors and have my choice of spots. The "party people" don't usually show up till the headliner is about to go on.

...Juno Reactor @ the El Rey was awesome.

GoreFen
03-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I was standing near MarkSovel and a member of Bauhaus who both independently proclaimed Io Echo to be the best band of the night and I absolutely agree. They definitely had the biggest crowd response out of all four bands. In my opinion their new work was brilliant. Active Child, who was also on the bill that night, were dreadful. APTBS were good/loud, and I thought Milo from the Big Pink had switched to bass until I read this post which said he wasn't even there.

jazzz
03-16-2010, 01:20 AM
ahh! yes seen The Knife and bought the very last Knife shirt which was sold out before they went on... Then playing cat and mouse smoking pot while security was scrambling.. then chatting up some pretty girls upstairs going to a party with em' afterwards.. Fucking El Rey is not bad!!!

Media Blitz
03-18-2010, 01:38 AM
It's just a typical mid-size guardrail venue with an overpriced bar. I guess it is the BEST of those though.

suprefan
03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
It's just a typical mid-size guardrail venue with an overpriced bar. I guess it is the BEST of those though.

What guard rail?

PJandBompton
03-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Wiz Khalifa there the day before my show here in SD...might try and hit that one up too so i can party during...

JorgeC
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Erykah Badu at the El Rey...that's an instant classic.

suprefan
03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Gary Numan at The El Rey April 12st

vinylmartyr
03-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Wait what!! Aqua Teen Hunger Force Live

http://www.goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=27046

suprefan
03-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Wait what!! Aqua Teen Hunger Force Live

http://www.goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=27046

Oh yeah, I forgot to post that to..

IM SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THAT ONE!

paulb
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Gary Numan at The El Rey April 12st

ill be there

bmack86
03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna do the Aqua Teen show most likely. Easier than going to San Francisco for it, but that'd be fun for all the friends up there.

getbetter
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM
I might get to see that Aqua Teen show which would be amazing

ficklecycle
04-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm going to Aqua Teen tonight!

bmack86
04-27-2010, 04:18 PM
I was going to go tonight, but I'm going to be a good student and stay home and outline.

Daft Fro
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Bonobo was amazing last week! Still need to upload some songs...

alisonnn
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm excited for Caribou here, anyone seen him live before? any good?

PJandBompton
05-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Should be at Wiz tonight...guess i'll have to settle for my show tomorrow

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Thinking of going to Pinback in July. Anyone else? Oh, and, I'm kind of chuffed that I now drive by the Wiltern and the El Rey every day on my to work. Ha ha.

bmack86
05-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Pinback are always a solid, but not amazing, live show. They'll be fun, but not much more.

tessalasset
05-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Mono needs to stop coming back to LA so much. I was gonna see them last night and then I remembered I saw them 8 months ago at the same venue. I love em, but overkill.

Astrid
09-26-2010, 12:48 PM
deer tick is playing the el rey oct 19th.

http://www.theelrey.com/view-details.php?id=28983

<3<3<3

alpharuin
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I acquired a minor case of permanent tinnitus during Sunn O))) at The Mother Fucking El Rey.

getbetter
10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Can't wait to go to this venue for my first time.

tessalasset
11-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Pretty cool deal for El Rey I just stumbled across on Goldstar.

http://www.goldstar.com/events/los-angeles-ca/three-show-subscription-package-live-music-at-the-el-rey-theatre.html

Choose 3 of 6 shows presented for $38.50.

TheScenestar
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Pretty cool deal for El Rey I just stumbled across on Goldstar.

http://www.goldstar.com/events/los-angeles-ca/three-show-subscription-package-live-music-at-the-el-rey-theatre.html

Choose 3 of 6 shows presented for $38.50.

This is a pretty interesting but cool promotion.

choice cat
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
people under the stairs dec. 11 will be my first show. excited

j. prana
02-02-2011, 12:14 AM
The Church are playing tomorrow night; the set list is Untitled #23, Priest=Aura and Starfish in their entirety. Anyone else going?

http://www.theelrey.com/view-details.php?id=30012

fatbastard
02-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Seen that in the paper for the past couple of weeks. I've seen them many times. How much are tickets?

j. prana
02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Seen that in the paper for the past couple of weeks. I've seen them many times. How much are tickets?
$40

Devin the Dude
03-13-2011, 09:36 PM
http://www.last.fm/event/1860111+Man+Man+at+El+Rey+Theatre+on+13+May+2011

Who's going?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Dev, I'm wait a little while because of finances, but i do plan on going, as long as it doesn't sell out right away. i don't see it selling out until right before the show, but hey, i could be wrong.

Devin the Dude
03-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Prolly will sell out week-of.