PDA

View Full Version : Really?

PassiveTheory
03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Was it really necessary to devote a whole subsection of the boards to a city that blows as much as San Diego? That has little appreciation for live music as San Diego does?

At least Oakland has the Fox Theater.

HunterGather
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
2nddddddd

suprefan
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Was it really necessary to devote a whole subsection of the boards to a city that blows as much as San Diego? That has little appreciation for live music as San Diego does?

Yes, its SD, suck a fat one...

karma_guy
03-08-2010, 06:36 PM
there should be a phx/tucson one before there's a SD one

travolta
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM

haha you say SD blows but you use OAKLAND as a reference point???? GTFO you don't know anything abt. anything if you think SD blows....

travolta
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM

GTFO

karma_guy
03-08-2010, 07:02 PM
GTFO

well considering we already have a massive phx thread and a small tucson thread
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10445&page=510
with the phx thread having over 10k posts,
then yes i do believe it makes a lot more sense to have a phx/tucson thread
plus, how many people represent SD on the boards? i havent seen that many

we could just ignore all of this and just add a phx/tucson area

Aurgasm
03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
karma guy is right

travolta
03-08-2010, 07:08 PM
well considering we already have a massive phx thread and a small tucson thread
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10445&page=510
with the phx thread having over 10k posts,
then yes i do believe it makes a lot more sense to have a phx/tucson thread
plus, how many people represent SD on the boards? i havent seen that many

we could just ignore all of this and just add a phx/tucson area

im not the one making the decisions, guy.

besides, if anything, having a 10k+ thread on a board dedicated to a festival based in California would tell me that Az is not worthy of its own area.

prettydirtything
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM

move to a fucking snowbank, and then tell me about how much SD sucks. I miss it every day.

daftsquirrel
03-08-2010, 08:08 PM
so many people hate San Diego....

damn I love living here.

daftmonkey64
03-08-2010, 09:16 PM
the things you people bitch about.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
03-08-2010, 10:54 PM
There are some really nice desert parties on the outskirts of San Diego
Otherwise the city is nothing but a whales vagina.

TomAz
03-09-2010, 07:37 AM

GV does not promote shows in Arizona.

GV maintains this message board.

got it?

amyzzz
03-09-2010, 07:48 AM
God I wish they did.

caco0283
03-09-2010, 08:00 AM
:) .

HAMMERHEAD
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
i feel like people that know very little about SD tend to be haters. spend 2 weeks here and see how you feel about this city, especially compared to that cancerous expanse of waste known as LA.

miscorrections
03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Hey guess what Passive's bagging on San Diego again! Boy I sure didn't see that one coming. At all.

humanoid
03-09-2010, 09:55 AM
I can see complaining about the music scene, but overall I really like San Diego...what else is wrong with it? I hear usually hear people loving or hating it...

faxman75
03-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Solana Beach has the Belly Up which is one of my favorite concert venues. I love the San Diego area. The Belly Up gets great shows all the time. Didn't they have Grizzly Bear and Beach House a few months ago? Sure they don't get great gigs every weekend like L.A. but they get some decent shows every now and again and i'll take a san diego crowd over an L.A. crowd every single day of the week.

http://www.bellyup.com/calendar/view/2010/3#9

HAMMERHEAD
03-09-2010, 10:23 AM
belly up is great if you're 21+ (or have id). it holds a fair amount of heads but keeps it cozy/intimate. for having that casual bar vibe the sound there is surprisingly good, comparable to any other legit venue its size. wouldn't mind some bigger venues down here though...

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey Passive, I don't know why you feel that way. San Diego does get good gigs.

Just look:

April: Black Eyed Peas and Owl City! Wow!
May: Him, Daughtry, 3OH3! and Cobrastarship!
June: Led Zepagain with Fan Halen!

Good shit if you ask me....

zajaa
03-09-2010, 11:21 AM

this

faxman75
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
No, not that. As previously stated the Belly Up is a beautiful venue with excellent sound.

hawkingvsreeve
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
HEY LEE AWESOME THREAD YOU GOT HERE ABOUT NOT LIKING SAN DIEGO I NEVER KNEW YOU HATED IT SO MUCH OH WELL I GUESS IT'S A GOOD THING YOU DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE HUH HOW ABOUT YOU JUST KEEP THE BITCHING TO YOURSELF BECAUSE IT'S JUST TIRED AT THIS POINT AND THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE HERE ACTUALLY LIKE IT

beavington
03-09-2010, 01:04 PM
san diego is a fucking great city. it used to be on my radar of places to live. actually it still might be.

PassiveTheory
03-09-2010, 06:03 PM
And then swift action was taken, thank you Coachella board.

Monklish
03-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Brandon is literally the only person I've ever known from San Diego who isn't terrible.

zajaa
03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
No, not that. As previously stated the Belly Up is a beautiful venue with excellent sound.

oh no i actually like san diego. just sayin the fox is a badass venue. that is all.

unknown
03-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Belly Up is an awesome venue, faxman.

I've lived here for 18 of my 29 years and there are plenty of better and worse places. But fucking shit reading all your posts about how much you hate this city is so old. We get it. It's all I associate you with. You don't even live here anymore. Why in the world do you think we give a shit about your hatred towards a fucking city?

Still-ill
03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
So the whale's vajayjay is a district in San Diego?

PassiveTheory
03-09-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't care whether or not you give a shit about my hate, my point was that it was fucking ridiculous to have a forum dedicated solely to such a shit town for music. Then my point was vindicated, so there's really no point for this thread to exist anymore.

unknown
03-09-2010, 07:25 PM
And your point for the hatred every other time you bring it up? It's just old and it's quite obvious that you don't care. I don't enjoy this city myself and will probably move in a couple years but I don't feel the need to constantly complain about it. I'm sure you do plenty of other shit in your spare time but it just seems like every time I see your posts they read like this. I'll go back to skimming over your pointless rants.

jazzz
03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
This place is not that bad but you do need be 21+ and know where to go. Casbah alone gets a ton of great shows. Passive was under age and living in the shittiest part of town. thats the reason he hates on it so much.

hawkingvsreeve
03-10-2010, 10:32 AM
We get a good amount of decent or fun shows. The amount of good venues is small, the amount of good local bands even smaller. That doesn't represent a city with nearly three million residents. We all know he doesn't know what he's talking about. We can move on.

djandrews25
03-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Pretty sure they were simply covering the 3 big california markets.

shermanoaksyo
03-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Thanks to Jerry Brown. Everybody vote for him in November

travolta
03-14-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't care whether or not you give a shit about my hate, my point was that it was fucking ridiculous to have a forum dedicated solely to such a shit town for music. Then my point was vindicated, so there's really no point for this thread to exist anymore.

no hate for an ENTIRE subsection devoted to Arizona?? i probably understand why you hate SD... you never get laid.

PassiveTheory
03-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Nah. I've never lived in Arizona so I don't know first-hand about how shitty it is.

San Diego, on the other hand, would still be a god forsaken hell hole regardless of how much pussy I get. This is a fact.

daftmonkey64
03-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah. But I'd still rather live here than LA. And I've lived in Santa Cruz, its fucking cold.

PJandBompton
03-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Nah. I've never lived in Arizona so I don't know first-hand about how shitty it is.

San Diego, on the other hand, would still be a god forsaken hell hole regardless of how much pussy I get. This is a fact.

can you explain again why it's shitty? it's SAN DI-FUCKING-EGO. you know how many god damn people would love to live here? what the fuck did you do when you were here?

sbessiso
03-14-2010, 09:21 PM
http://croutonboy.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/08/annher.jpg

travolta
03-14-2010, 09:23 PM
can you explain again why it's shitty? it's SAN DI-FUCKING-EGO. you know how many god damn people would love to live here? what the fuck did you do when you were here?

clearly not getting any tang. he's a tool...no wait... he's a tool shed.. and not even stocked with the finest power tools could get him any closer to some fucking snatch.

travolta
03-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe you should start a petition for there to be a Santa Cruz sub section. So all those awesome Catalyst shows can have a home.

thats a good point. dude doesn't even live in OAK but sweats it. pretty sure Santa Luuz is ~100 miles away so thats basically tantamount to me slagging say, SEA, but busting out El Rey as my counter. L O L

PassiveTheory
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Maybe you should start a petition for there to be a Santa Cruz sub section. So all those awesome Catalyst shows can have a home.

Again, it's all about timing, Ryan. If Santa Cruz had been given it's own subsection I would have asked the same question "why?" as with San Diego. Same with San Jose, since I bet you enjoyed seeing Lady Gaga at the world's worst stadium for music, the HP Pavilion.

You need to do some fucking basic reading comprehension before drawing the asinine conclusion that my questioning the need for a San Diego-specific forum is due to there not being a Santa Cruz forum.

PJandBompton
03-14-2010, 10:20 PM
you still didn't explain why you hate SD so much...

PassiveTheory
03-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Don't have to since the San Diego board is gone, meaning I won. Deal with it.

PJandBompton
03-15-2010, 03:54 AM

you won? who was in a competition? i'm pretty sure everyone is ok with having a SoCal forum instead of a bunch of different forums...

travolta
03-15-2010, 05:45 AM

:lool

SDsoldier7
03-15-2010, 06:41 AM

yeah bro :lool right on.

you're the weiner.

PassiveTheory
03-15-2010, 11:50 AM
you won? who was in a competition? i'm pretty sure everyone is ok with having a SoCal forum instead of a bunch of different forums...

So where did I say that I didn't like the idea of a general SoCal forum?

Right.

PJandBompton
03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
So where did I say that I didn't like the idea of a general SoCal forum?

Right.

you didn't go to school either did you? multiple times you try to argue with me over some shit that you didn't comprehend.

I'M SAYING EVERYONE WOULD PROBABLY RATHER HAVE A SOCAL FORUM THAN A BUNCH OF SMALLER ONES. I NEVER SAID YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE IDEA OF A SOCAL FORUM. HOLY SHIT DUDE. YOU ARGUE TO ARGUE SOMETIMES.

travolta
03-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I'M SAYING EVERYONE WOULD PROBABLY RATHER HAVE A SOCAL FORUM THAN A BUNCH OF SMALLER ONES. I NEVER SAID YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE IDEA OF A SOCAL FORUM. HOLY SHIT DUDE. YOU ARGUE TO ARGUE SOMETIMES.

its because he doesn't get laid. all that pent up testosterone has back the fuck up into his brain and is coming out of his mouth.

DJdharma
05-08-2010, 04:35 PM
http://croutonboy.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/08/annher.jpg

Shes eating hard boiled eggs. She probably smells like sulfer!

San Diego Street Scene was great in 09. And the Gas Lamp was a lot of fun too! As well as Mission and Blacks Beach. Perfect weather, happy people...Damn, I want in!

PJandBompton
05-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Sold Out my show last night with Wiz Khalifa...change is in order...

Californicator
05-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I love San Diego. Born and raised. My options for tonight: Vokab Company (boardie Garage Poet is guitarist) and Chali 2na play at the beach, or join a party bus to downtown clubs, or watch UFC at Tilted Kilt or Hooters (tits and ass galore). Yeah, this place sucks.