PDA

View Full Version : Just announced shows in San Francisco

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

GeezrRckr
10-05-2011, 01:48 PM
DDG were pretty good last night. There were definitely some technical difficulties but overall they sounded pretty tight and Dee Dee definitely has some vocal chops.

But it wouldn't hurt them to look like they are having more fun on stage. If a band is looking like they are having a good time it probably helps the audience have a better time as well. The bassist for sure looked like the last place she wanted to be was on the stage.

^^ Yea, seriously they seemed to be having the most fun during the cover of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out. The bassist was awfully surly looking.
I'm glad you guys liked them. I think they'll blow up soon. And, as we discussed....I think that whole "surly/aloof" thing is part of their aesthetic. I'm not saying that I like it one bit (I don't). But, at least, it doesn't take away from the songwriting and musicianship (although the bass player may actually be dealing with some serious stage fright as she pretty much whispers into the mic. Shame because she's the best musician of the group...and the hottest as well).

zimmy1222
10-05-2011, 02:01 PM
oh you betcha...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/zimm1222/329361_10150317398680920_518720919_8196225_6753998 61_o.jpg

chiapet
10-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Shame because she's the best musician of the group...and the hottest as well.

No way.. the singer. Or am I just being influenced by the hot pants?

GeezrRckr
10-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Dee Dee is very hot too but she gushes too much over her hubby. Bambi is a redhead. Enough said.

(but, really....we're splitting hairs at this point right)

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-05-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry, I thought this was the thread for announced shows in San Francisco. I missed the "no posting flyers" rule. If you could point me in the right direction of the rules regarding this thread I'll apologize to you. My bad.

Edit: Above and Beyond is also playing Ruby Skye next Thursday 10/13. This forum won't let you search for common words like Above and Beyond so I have no idea if it's been announced here yet.

I wish I could afford the Above & Beyond show :/. I'll probably hit up that Martin show though.

Vasoline Groove
10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm glad you guys liked them. I think they'll blow up soon. And, as we discussed....I think that whole "surly/aloof" thing is part of their aesthetic. I'm not saying that I like it one bit (I don't). But, at least, it doesn't take away from the songwriting and musicianship (although the bass player may actually be dealing with some serious stage fright as she pretty much whispers into the mic. Shame because she's the best musician of the group...and the hottest as well).

The bassist is the best musician of the group? She didn't seem to be any more skilled than Dee Dee, but I guess I was distracted. She did seem to be playing a kids bass or a mini bass or something smaller than a regular sized base. She had a combination of looking completely bored and somewhat frightened. The drummer seemed to be into it though.

I can see them starting to blow up. Pitchfork already seems to be marketing them pretty well.

Anyone thinking about going to The Rapture show on Saturday? I got my tickets purchased.

aaronbk
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Damn that funkin freakers ball line up is stacked! One ugly flier, but heyoka on Halloween? Love and light, damn tempting.
Also, did any of you guys happen to go to the zomby show @ 1015 last Friday?

zimmy1222
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
my gf attended. she said she had lots of fun.

Hopefully Saturday of freaker's suits my fancy (funginears *crosses fingers*), only night off for that weekend.

aaronbk
10-05-2011, 03:38 PM
That show really was something else. I love bass music, but holy shit. Yea might hit up freakers sat. After shpongle. Depending in who is playing and cost.

fikus222
10-05-2011, 04:58 PM
12/14 Digitalism (live band) @ The Mezzanine

http://digimezz.eventbrite.com/

chiapet
10-05-2011, 05:04 PM
The drummer seemed to be into it though.

My friend called the drummer "jolie-laide" which I thought was fair. She was odd looking but darling.

GeezrRckr
10-05-2011, 05:46 PM
She definitely was/is the most spirited....but she plays one beat. That double-snare beat does the job, but she's gotta mix it up for the next album.

OddZilla
10-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Oh man, thank you so much for posting that digitalism show fikus.

I am so thrilled to catch them after missing them this summer.

ManImCool
10-05-2011, 10:55 PM
This isn't ravelinks you fucking dope. Don't post flyers. No one gives a shit.

A lot more flyers in the past 12 hours. Something bad is going to happen.

shakermaker113
10-06-2011, 06:51 AM
A lot more flyers in the past 12 hours. Something bad is going to happen.

pot might start another thread.

xanman86
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah man I might have to scroll an extra quarter circle on my mouse to skip past your fliers, this is a very important issue that must be stopped!

PotVsKtl
10-06-2011, 10:39 AM
DJ Spindletop and the Dreidels at the Xtreme Skreem Lounge and Catheter Emporium 11/19

guedita
10-06-2011, 11:15 AM
There is a difference between posting a poster of an event with multiple artists and posting a "DJ-Is-God-style" flier for a cheese-dick euro trash artist playing at arguably the worst venue in the city.

xanman86
10-06-2011, 11:33 AM
There is a difference between posting a poster of an event with multiple artists and posting a "DJ-Is-God-style" flier for a cheese-dick euro trash artist playing at arguably the worst venue in the city.

True that

zimmy1222
10-06-2011, 11:45 AM
True that

seconded.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Ah, my suspicions are confirmed. This isn't a "Just announced shows in San Francisco" thread where all are welcome and personal opinions respected; it's a "Judgmental elitist music-snob non-mainstream gigs in San Francisco" thread where nothing cheesy, popular or main-stream is allowed, and such shows that are announced should be reacted to harshly and the member that posted be ridiculed for their particular taste in music.

Do I like a huge variety of music? Yes. I'll listen to cheesy main-stream house music to classical and sometimes even mother fuckin country. Does my taste in music make me an easy target for music-snobs? Yes. Do I give a shit what you think about what makes my feet move? No. If you feel all shows announced in this thread shouldn't be treated equally, well, you probably have been around this forum long enough to know how to ignore/ban someone.

"Opinions are like assholes..."

Everyone else, have a pleasant day on this rainy and cloudy bay area afternoon.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 11:50 AM
This one is for guedita, with love.
http://rubyskye.com/flyers/101311_aboveandbeyond.jpg

PotVsKtl
10-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Ah, my suspicions are confirmed. This isn't a "Just announced shows in San Francisco" thread where all are welcome and personal opinions respected; it's a "Judgmental elitist music-snob non-mainstream gigs in San Francisco" thread where nothing cheesy, popular or main-stream is allowed, and such shows that are announced should be reacted to harshly and the member that posted be ridiculed for their particular taste in music.

Now you're catching on.

xanman86
10-06-2011, 01:30 PM
That is why me and Crystal Castles Freak are here to restore balance. I mean I saw Blink 182 last night for fucks sake :-P

Vasoline Groove
10-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Can't we all get along.

Seriously, this is a music festival message board. People shouldn't take it too seriously.

I say we keep this thread as informative for SF shows as possible, even if its for bands/djs that others find suspect.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Can't we all get along.

Seriously, this is a music festival message board. People shouldn't take it too seriously.

I say we keep this thread as informative for SF shows as possible, even if its for bands/djs that others find suspect.

^ Nailed it.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/loltiger.gif

guedita
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
It's an internet message board, not a hand-holding, apple-juice drinking, lanyard making friendship zone.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
It's an internet message board, not a hand-holding, apple-juice drinking, lanyard making friendship zone.

If that's the case, then shut the fuck you up fucking cunt. You've been given every opportunity and then some to just be more decent, but you shit on every chance you get. Fuck off. Having said that, are we cool now? Am I banned/ignored yet?

guedita
10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I've been perfectly decent you cad. Put me on ignore if you can't take some lighthearted internet ribbing without getting all bent out of shape and trying to unnecessarily defend your worthless contributions.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't call your commentary lighthearted or decent. You accuse me of being bent out of shape. Look at every comment you've ever made, ever. There's opinion and emotion and rage and PMS oozing out of everything you say. Shut the fuck up, or don't, but at the end of the day this is a "announced shows in San Francisco" thread, and posting shows in it is not a worthless contribution. Deal with all of the the announced shows and the posters and the dick cheese or gtfo. Or complain more and subject your worthless opinion even more, but I don't give two shits on your opinion or musical choices, just as you don't mine.

GeezrRckr
10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
This guy is the definition of an internet troll. All you need to know about this putz is all right there in his sig.

Thankfully, there is no limit for the ignore list. It's been a boon year for fucktards.

guedita
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm glad you went through the hard work of reading every comment I've ever made, ever. I mean clearly, you did that and were thus able to pass such a sound judgement about what I've contributed and where. Thanks for letting me know that I need to "deal with" what other people post. Wouldn't it be great if you were able to do the same? Say with...the things I post?

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 03:01 PM
I kinda skimmed through that post of yours, but I'll assume you are still missing the point.
The moral of the story is this is an announced shows thread. Period. Not supposed to be an elitist music-snob judgmental thread. If you don't like an announced show, so be it, but you aren't in the right place to say which shows should be announced and which should not. Maybe just give up on this one. Some people are just as stubborn as you. I'm going to post any and all announced shows in this thread that I feel like, and you will have to deal with them appearing before your eyes, and you don't get to tell other people which shows can and can't be announced in a show announcing thread. If you can't deal with all shows of all types being announced then don't subject yourself to it. A response is not expected, let's get back on topic. Resist the urge to have another wiser-than-thou snarky comeback.

San Francisco shows etc etc mumble mumble

xanman86
10-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for making my work day that much more entertaining guys :-D

guedita
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM
1. I never dictated what shows can or can't be posted in here. I opined on the hideousness of the flier and its act that you posted.

2. BOLDING THINGS GETS POINTS ACROSS

Kyliediscope
10-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey.
Stop picking on Guedita. She's got a bum leg. You heartless bastards.

guedita
10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Don't drag my stump into this.

PotVsKtl
10-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't call your commentary lighthearted or decent. You accuse me of being bent out of shape. Look at every comment you've ever made, ever. There's opinion and emotion and rage and PMS oozing out of everything you say. Shut the fuck up, or don't, but at the end of the day this is a "announced shows in San Francisco" thread, and posting shows in it is not a worthless contribution. Deal with all of the the announced shows and the posters and the dick cheese or gtfo. Or complain more and subject your worthless opinion even more, but I don't give two shits on your opinion or musical choices, just as you don't mine.

Go fuck yourself. We don't like you. You're dumb. Coachella hates you.

PotVsKtl
10-06-2011, 03:35 PM
This guy denies the Holocaust.

PotVsKtl
10-06-2011, 03:37 PM
When blacks starve to death in Africa I have thier dumb skulls shipped to my house and fill them with fetid semen

Fucked up bro.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Fucked up bro.

I would never misspell "their".

1. I never dictated what shows can or can't be posted in here. I opined on the hideousness of the flier and its act that you posted.

Don't post flyers.

You opined? No. You dictated that posters can't be put here (not your decision). When other posters were put up, you then changed your mind to posters of events that you approve of and find aesthetically pleasing.

your worthless contributions.

Again, an announced show is an announced show and it is a contribution wither or not you like the actual performer. Now shut the fuck up already and deal with the announced shows in this thread, the flyers, and bold font. Let's get back to announcing shows and not talking about your fucked up leg. Your stump bores me.

guedita
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh, I see. You have a problem understanding what words mean. Carry on.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Now shut the fuck up already and deal with the announced shows in this thread, the flyers, and bold font.

Oh, I see. You have a problem understanding what words mean. Carry on.

Oh please, you continue. I see you would like to continue dragging this out. The floor is yours.

guedita
10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
What else is there to say? We're on the same page. A worthless contribution is still a contribution. Posting a flier-image for a single DJ show is the same thing as just announcing that show in plain text, and is also exactly the same as posting an aesthetically pleasing poster for a larger event with multiple artists. And you definitely don't get bent out of shape.

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 04:44 PM
What else is there to say? We're on the same page. A worthless contribution is still a contribution. Posting a flier-image for a single DJ show is the same thing as just announcing that show in plain text, and is also exactly the same as posting an aesthetically pleasing poster for a larger event with multiple artists. And you definitely don't get bent out of shape.

If I had a bum leg, I'd be literally bent out of shape too. But if we're on the same page, then I guess we agree on something and can awkwardly move on.

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-06-2011, 04:47 PM
That is why me and Crystal Castles Freak are here to restore balance. I mean I saw Blink 182 last night for fucks sake :-P

Haha. Blink 182 put on a superb show last night, enjoyed it more than their set a few years back. Missed Matt & Kim though :(. Incubus up next :D!

shakermaker113
10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
PF or another mod: please change the name of this thread to "the san franciscan elitist music-snob judgmental thread".

zimmy1222
10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Man, he's cool...

xanman86
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Haha. Blink 182 put on a superb show last night, enjoyed it more than their set a few years back. Missed Matt & Kim though :(. Incubus up next :D!

lol nice, I didn't get to my seat until right before Blink. I liked it a lot because I have never seen them but there was a handful of songs I wish they had played.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Y'all need to

RZUq6N7Gx1c

guedita
10-06-2011, 06:58 PM
11/14 - Winged Victory for the Sullen w/the ACME string ensemble @ Independent

So it's partially seated? No jokes, their album is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Who is in?

GeezrRckr
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Me...as long as I'm in town. Kudos to Edward for turning me on to that (and a while ago at that).

guedita
10-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah, are you still thinking of going to Wild Flag? What night? I want to go as well.

aaronbk
10-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I wish i had a bum leg, it sounds kinda cool to say "I have a bum leg" rolls of the tongue.

GeezrRckr
10-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes. Let me check my calendar and get back to you (think I'm flying to NY that Sunday).

shakermaker113
10-07-2011, 06:39 AM
11/14 - Winged Victory for the Sullen w/the ACME string ensemble @ Independent

So it's partially seated? No jokes, their album is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Who is in?

enjoying those pain killers?

Vasoline Groove
10-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Marco Benevento Trio - The Indy Sunday Dec. 4th

They were great at the Fillmore Jazz Fest.

Starfucker w/Painted Palms - The Indy Sat. Jan 7th

One of the highlights of Day 2 of Outside Lands

BigBryan
10-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Go fuck yourself. We don't like you. You're dumb. Coachella hates you.

I laughed so hard when I read this and your next three posts.

I also vote to rename this to an elitist thread, because yes, I'd say the majority of the regular readers don't need to come to the Coachella message board to find out about those "cheesy, mainstream" and most Ruby Skye shows. I learned that long before I started posting on this board and thread.

12/12 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
How The Grouch Stole Christmas
Zion-I + Grouch + Eligh, Evidence, DJ Fresh

And this might be better served in that other "regular DJs in SF" thread but there's a Triple Threat DJ (Shortkut, Apollo, Vinroc) party at Mighty tonight for free with an open bar from 9-10pm. I probably wont make it out for this, but I'm trying to come out tomorrow to PW for ?uestlove. Anyone thinking of hitting that one up?

seitron
10-07-2011, 11:39 AM
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxx11.18xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxMartin Solveigxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxRuby Skyexxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxsup bitchesxxxxxxx|
|________________________|

ManImCool
10-07-2011, 11:47 AM
PF or another mod: please change the name of this thread to "the san franciscan elitist music-snob judgmental thread".

I laughed so hard when I read this and your next three posts.

I also vote to rename this to an elitist thread, because yes, I'd say the majority of the regular readers don't need to come to the Coachella message board to find out about those "cheesy, mainstream" and most Ruby Skye shows. I learned that long before I started posting on this board and thread.

If this thread name gets changed to an elitist thread, then that's fine by me. Obviously some cheesy dickhead like myself should start a new thread more welcoming thread then. I think I'll call it "Just announced shows in San Francisco" or something like that. Colorful posters and flyers are welcome. Cunts strictly forbidden.

|xxxxxxxxxx11.18xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxMartin Solveigxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxRuby Skyexxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxsup bitchesxxxxxxx|
|________________________|

This made me smile.

Kyliediscope
10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
In the Elitist thread all those that can't take a joke or take the internet seriously should be banned.

ManImCool
10-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Elitists tell other people that their taste in music is terrible and their opinion doesn't matter. That's not exactly what I'd call a light-hearted joke. Not that I give a shit what random strangers with different musical tastes think of my own interests.
But it seems we agree on the purpose of this thread. So what are we waiting for then? Mod? Change this misleading thread title!

sbessiso
10-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Every single person in this thread is driving me crazy.

ManImCool
10-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Well, I guess the alternative, is we go back to announcing all shows in SF.

sbessiso
10-07-2011, 12:16 PM
PLEASE.

guedita
10-07-2011, 12:18 PM
10/7 - ManImCool beating a dead horse, reassuring himself that he doesn't care what strangers think about his music choices @ THE INTERNET CAFE (live set)

fikus222
10-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Damn you Salah, your upcoming shows sig has piqued my interest in attending one of those Cure shows.

guedita
10-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Where is the Pantages theater?

sbessiso
10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Damn you Salah, your upcoming shows sig has piqued my interest in attending one of those Cure shows.

Yes!! Lets do it and cry on each others shoulders. Cara its in LA

ManImCool
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
beating a dead horse qft

chiapet
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM

You'd be surprised by the extent to which the thread is improved by putting a single poster on ignore.

sbessiso
10-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah but you know what, ManImCool hasn't been bothering me. He tries to defend himself against bitchiness and that somehow equals to trolling.

GeezrRckr
10-07-2011, 01:18 PM
You'd be surprised by the extent to which the thread is improved by putting every single poster on ignore.
Just about every might bring some utility back to this dump of a thread.

GeezrRckr
10-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Btw, has anyone else tried to buy tix off the GAMH site the past day or so? Something is broken with it, I think.

pancakespancakes
10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
This is what I hope to attend over the next couple days... fingers crossed...

Saturday afternoon: Frisco Freakout @ Thee Parkside
Saturday evening: Barn Owl, Date Palms, Danny Paul Grody @ San Francisco Zen Center
Saturday night: may head back over to FF, depending on the schedule!
Sunday: Girls, Sonny & the Sunsets @ GAMH
Monday: Gang Gang Dance, Prince Rama @ Fernwood (Big Sur)
Thursday: Pure X, Melted Toys @ Brick and Mortar

pancakespancakes
10-07-2011, 01:33 PM
This year's Frisco Freakout (http://friscofreakout.com/) lineup doesn't look quite as strong to me as the last three, but if you miss Comets on Fire as much as I do, you should definitely be aware that Ethan Miller and Noel Von Harmonson are getting back together on Saturday to play their first show in a trio called Wicked Mace, and that's worth the price admission far as I'm concerned...

guedita
10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah but you know what, ManImCool hasn't been bothering me. He tries to defend himself against bitchiness and that somehow equals to trolling.

Oh, please. Re-read the exchange if you really don't think he was the one egging on an useless argument, fabricating perceived 'elitist' accusations, and desperately trying to proscribe who can and can't post what. The issue was closed yesterday and he still continued to unnecessarily "defend" himself today.

I bought a ticket off of GAMH today and it worked fine.

chiapet
10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
pancakes! Only weeks until you're 21! Are you going to start going to shows with us?

guedita
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM

Please report back on this one.

pancakespancakes
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
pancakes! Only weeks until you're 21! Are you going to start going to shows with us?

Hell yes! At this point, I believe my inaugural 21+ gig will be Derrick Mays + Kevin Saunderson at Public Works (Nov 12th)! Fuck, I'm so excited.

Anyone going out to that one?

chiapet
10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
I am! Public Works is a great venue, too, good choice.

pancakespancakes
10-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Sweet! Yeah I imagine I'll end up there about every other weekend now. My friends have been dying to taste Public Works since we all moved here... more than any other venue in SF, easily. I'm the first to go explore it, I feel very privileged!

chiapet
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
You'll definitely see some of us there. It's my favorite venue right now. There are a bunch of good shows coming up there just before you turn 21. :(

sbessiso
10-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Ooooooohhhhhh public works with pancakes

guedita
10-07-2011, 04:54 PM
pancakes, you should go all out that night at come to DJ Koze after you hit up PW (his set will go to til 7 AM)

fikus222
10-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I enjoyed Girls at Seattle's Capital Hill Block Party a couple of years ago, so I was thinking of checking out their SF Amoeba in-store performance, which is this Sunday at 2pm.

chiapet
10-07-2011, 06:26 PM
So, as I am headed over to Beatbox tonight, I decided to look up a bit about the new venue on the interwebs... and I realized I used to be acquainted with one of the owners. He's the son of the guy who owns Mr. S, and he runs (and I think owns, rather than his father) Madame S. Was one of the people who put on the SF Fetish Ball in the naughts. This should be an interesting place...

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Crystal Method- 11/19, Vessel

Doesn't mention if it's a live set or not.

pancakespancakes
10-08-2011, 12:13 PM
pancakes, you should go all out that night at come to DJ Koze after you hit up PW (his set will go to til 7 AM)

Oh shit I forgot about DJ Koze!! Yes!! I will totally be there, my friend turned me onto that guy a couple years ago, it's his SF debut, sounds insane.

pancakespancakes
10-08-2011, 12:17 PM
You'll definitely see some of us there. It's my favorite venue right now. There are a bunch of good shows coming up there just before you turn 21. :(

Ugh, no kidding. If only Four Tet and Omar S came by here like a week later.

chiapet
10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I forgot, I did indeed get a ticket for the DJ Koze show. Not sure how likely I am to actually stay out dancing until 7AM, but we'll see. I've been practicing being more of a champ in this respect. ;D

chiapet
10-08-2011, 12:38 PM
While I'll end up at Omar-S, it's worth mentioning that Tanner Ross will be at Beatbox on October 28. Caught a little of his set at one of the decibel festival boat parties, was groovy. Wish it were possible to do both.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?296973

pancakespancakes
10-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I forgot, I did indeed get a ticket for the DJ Koze show. Not sure how likely I am to actually stay out dancing until 7AM, but we'll see. I've been practicing being more of a champ in this respect. ;D

The last time I did that... Bonnaroo 2009.

chiapet
10-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I stayed up until morning 4 times last week so I am optimistic. Red bull runs in my veins rather than blood these days. :)

Let's not talk about Bonnaroo 2009. God, I failed at that. :/

guedita
10-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Crystal Method- 11/19, Vessel

Doesn't mention if it's a live set or not.

It will definitely be a DJ set, Vessel is far too small for Crystal Method live.

Oh shit I forgot about DJ Koze!! Yes!! I will totally be there, my friend turned me onto that guy a couple years ago, it's his SF debut, sounds insane.

Awesome, hopefully our paths cross and I can buy you a birthday drink.

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the info :)

fikus222
10-08-2011, 11:26 PM
So, as I am headed over to Beatbox tonight...

How was it?

chiapet
10-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I think I'll need another visit before I form an opinion - I was only there for about 90 minutes, and I have a bad cold that's made my hearing really muffled (so I didn't get a clear idea of what the sound is like). I liked the space though.

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Incubus tonight!!!!!! (:.

sbessiso
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Lol

Vasoline Groove
10-10-2011, 08:35 AM
The Rapture on Saturday at the Factory was a good time. It was definitely more of a rave then a show, with long lines and some hoochie mommas, but once we got into the club it was fun times. They could have used a couple more bartenders though.

The Rapture were strong. I think they only played four of their new songs and 7 old songs. But they were tight and had the crowd going. I can definitely see them playing at night sometime at Chella this year.

Also, Treasure Fingers, Fred Falke, and Lifelike were all really good as well.

Robin
10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Treasure Fingers

I used to listen to a Treasure Fingers mix on District Ignition all the time. I would definitely like to a catch a set some day.

Not sure if this was mentioned: Donald Glaude at the Back Bar in San Jose on November 17. Limited $15 presales.

GeezrRckr
10-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Heidi and I are seeing Gang Gang Dance at the Indy tomorrow. They are pretty awesome live. Prince Rama is opening...they are also a lot of fun. Tix avail at the door. Come join us if you're in the mood.

BigBryan
10-10-2011, 05:22 PM
11/15 Yasiin Bey + Talib Kweli @ Mezzanine

sbessiso
10-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Heidi and I are seeing Gang Gang Dance at the Indy tomorrow. They are pretty awesome live. Prince Rama is opening...they are also a lot of fun. Tix avail at the door. Come join us if you're in the mood.

I would wanna come just to see you guys

getbetter
10-10-2011, 06:43 PM

They are fucking AMAZING!!!!Prepare for a great show.Prince Rama is a great too.

wmgaretjax
10-10-2011, 06:57 PM

dammit. i'm swamped with work through thursday. haven't cared for their last two albums, but they are always a gag live. agh.

BigBryan
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
I won tickets to DJ Shadow by RSVPing to a FB event.

chiapet
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Along those lines, perhaps it's worth mentioning, Public Works has been giving away guest list spots to shows every Wednesday - "like" them on Facebook and/or sign up for their email list to find out. Seems to always happen early afternoon Wednesdays.

guedita
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
12/2 - Benoit & Sergio LIVE @ Public Works

chiapet
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm all over this. One of the best sets that I don't really remember from DEMF, right
I'm judging my enjoyment of their set by the way I am bouncing around in the videos I've seen from that morning. :D

Ross1492
10-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Geist and their facebook page have them at SOM bar, with no mention of a live performance. Where are you seeing PW/Live?

Hope your right btw.

chiapet
10-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Rich Korach commented on a post saying he is playing after them, and that it's definitely at Public Works.

I can't find a way to post a specific post, but here is the facebook page they pointed to - for the promoter of the event (first post right now) - https://www.facebook.com/LightsDownLowSF

Ross1492
10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Rad.

guedita
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Is there any show worth going to this Saturday?

chiapet
10-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Not that I've heard of. I'm laying low after Heidi to prepare for the next two weeks :D

Ross1492
10-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Stoked for Heidi/Boris Werner. Are you going to Metronomy beforehand, Heidi?

Also, I see AYLI teased Traversable Wormhole and Lucy on facebook. Hmmmm ....

guedita
10-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I can't make it to Heidi, I have work at 8 am on Saturday.

chiapet
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Not sure on Metronomy - I neglected to buy a ticket and it's sold out. Might try to find a ticket on CL on Friday.

Ross1492
10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I may have an extra ticket for you though I won't know for sure until Friday afternoon. Slim chance I decide to skip it altogether. Probably a game time decision.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I wonder how my grandparents feel about me moving to San Francisco and going to events with names like "The Jackathon"

chiapet
10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I may have an extra ticket for you though I won't know for sure until Friday afternoon. Slim chance I decide to skip it altogether. Probably a game time decision.

Let me know if you do end up with an extra ticket?

Trick - you think your grandparents never did something equivalent in their day? My grandmother, in her 70's, was still blowing off family dinners to go out dancing. :)

Trick Loves The Kids
10-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Nah I'm sure they did, it's mostly just a joke that non-househeads don't know what it means to jack

chiapet
10-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Ah, right.

Along those lines, people still keep getting faked out that the fairly frequent show listing for "underworld" in SF is some gay undies fetish party.

Ross1492
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Let me know if you do end up with an extra ticket?

Will do. :)

GeezrRckr
10-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Seems we all missed this one. Really shitty night for a really fun show.

10/17 - Blue Sky Black Death @ Elbo Room

Anyone going to hit this? Only $7.

Bud Luster
10-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Not that I've heard of. I'm laying low after Heidi to prepare for the next two weeks :D

Stoked for Heidi/Boris Werner. Are you going to Metronomy beforehand, Heidi?

I wonder how my grandparents feel about me moving to San Francisco and going to events with names like "The Jackathon"

This looks like a fun night even though I don't really know the artists playing (researching now) You guys going to this for sure? Anybody else?

chiapet
10-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I am going for sure. Have you been to Public Works yet? Love that place.

Here are some mixes the promoter posted for researching Heidi & Boris.
http://soundcloud.com/heidi-dj/heidi-october-radio-show-that
http://soundcloud.com/as-you-like-it/boris-werner-ayli-podcast-3
http://soundcloud.com/r_co/boris-werner-moon-harbour-radio-show-20-11-2010

fikus222
10-12-2011, 09:46 AM
11/11 Inni screening at SF Theater TBA

12/10 Tycho at The Independent

Ross1492
10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
This looks like a fun night even though I don't really know the artists playing (researching now) You guys going to this for sure? Anybody else?

I'm definitely going. Check out Heidi's Jackathon mix-cd. You can stream it on Spotify.

If you like wolf+lamb, soul clap, maceo plex, jamie jones etc you'll enjoy this.

Ross1492
10-12-2011, 09:57 AM
How was Gang Gang Dance??? Sad to have missed it.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
GGD were so good! I only started listening to them recently but they really amazed me last night.

chiapet
10-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Ooh, I'll definitely be up for Tycho if I'm in town that weekend (had been tentatively planning to go to Seattle that weekend). He really impressed me at dB. Indy will be a good setting for it.

GGD was quite good last night. I wish I'd been able to enjoy them more. I was SO tired that about 45 minutes into their set I started wishing they'd wrap it up so I could go sleep. Gah, I'm old. :)

What did you think of the opener? They were a little different than I'd expected from the couple of tracks I'd listened to earlier this year but I dug them.

GeezrRckr
10-12-2011, 11:23 AM
GGD were solid as usual, but why the hell they feel the need to have TWO hype men now is beyond me. Lizzie must be channeling her inner Chuck D or something.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-12-2011, 02:26 PM
There was that guy in robes, who was the second?

chiapet
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Was the guy in the scream mask really with them?

GeezrRckr
10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
He was on the stage with them the entire time.

He was drinking their tequila.

He was with them.

Wtf!

chiapet
10-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Do we know yet where Carl Craig is playing on 11/4? His gigs list shows it as Monarch... no idea?

Ross1492
10-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Spent a good 20 minutes investigating that the other day. Came up w/ bupkus. This party was at the com# last year (DJ Koze). Wouldn't be surprised if it returns to an underground venue this year.

chiapet
10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Interesting, I assumed the venue could remain "TBA" for a while but haven't even seen links to buy tickets yet.

Tech-yes
10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
10/21 Mark Farina @ The Beatbox http://markfarina-beatbox.eventbrite.com/

11/4 PACO OSUNA @ The Beatbox Pre-sales up soon

xanman86
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Sufjan Stevens doing the score to a movie at the Castro Theater on 11/6

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/204208

GeezrRckr
10-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Hmm...does anyone know anything more about this? It's only $25 for the chance to see Sufjan perform. Then again, it's $25.

bmack86
10-12-2011, 09:20 PM
So, who's gonna go to Scratch Acid on the 14th and Dinosaur Jr. on the 15th at the Fillmore? I probably will be there.

sbconnection
10-12-2011, 09:56 PM
I will be at the Dino Jr. show. Once my Credit card comes in the mail I'm buying my ticket to that! Come on, its H.Ro too!

darkjustice
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM

I'm going

darkjustice
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM

uh..may be cancelled...wut

shakermaker113
10-12-2011, 10:35 PM
12/10 Tycho at The Independent

yes.

Sufjan Stevens doing the score to a movie at the Castro Theater on 11/6

this looks really cool.

bmack86
10-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I will be at the Dino Jr. show. Once my Credit card comes in the mail I'm buying my ticket to that! Come on, its H.Ro too!

Awesome! I thought you might be, with the J. Mascis shirt and all. That's gonna be such a blast.

sbessiso
10-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Feed her whiskey, Mack man.

chiapet
10-13-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm considering the Dinosaur Jr. show but Baths & Dntel are playing the same night and I really want to see Baths. (But Baths is playing at Slim's, and I hate that place. Decisions).

shakermaker113
10-13-2011, 07:18 AM
baths will be back.

chiapet
10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Sure, but I've seen Dinosaur Jr. a few times, in smaller venues than the Fillmore.

Vasoline Groove
10-13-2011, 07:45 AM
So, who's gonna go to Scratch Acid on the 14th and Dinosaur Jr. on the 15th at the Fillmore? I probably will be there.

I'm going to the Scratch Acid show. Should be intense!

PotVsKtl
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
$45 fucking dollars for Dino Jr?

sbconnection
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Sure, but I've seen Dinosaur Jr. a few times, in smaller venues than the Fillmore.

I wish they were playing somewhere smaller too... Specially considering that both Henry Rollins and J. Mascis Played at the Indy on separate occasions not too long ago.

This will be my first time going to the Fillmore though, weeee!

chiapet
10-13-2011, 09:23 AM
The Fillmore is decent, Sunni, I think it's a perfectly sized venue for them. You'll enjoy.

PotVsKtl
10-13-2011, 09:25 AM
$35 fucking dollars for Scratch Acid?

PotVsKtl
10-13-2011, 09:26 AM
$8 fucking dollars for a beer?

chiapet
10-13-2011, 09:28 AM
^^ Yes. And the Baths show is $15, which was admittedly a factor in my decision. I have strange principles regarding shows where, even if I can afford a particular ticket price, I get outraged if the ticket is more than $x, where x is a totally arbitrary price point.

On Tuesday, I was happily reminded that the Independent only charges about $5 for beers... but then after stopping at Bean Bag for a $2.50 beer, I was like, "WHAT?! $5?!"

sbconnection
10-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Its not a whole lot better in other venues(Regency where you coughed up $8x2)

sbconnection
10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Indy has tall boy cans for $6

chiapet
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
It appears Tycho tickets go on sale tomorrow, $20 before fees.

I saw him at decibel 2 weeks ago (he was a last minute stand in for an act whose visa was denied). Went into the show not being very familiar with his music at all, and he was one of my favorite sets of the whole festival. He played almost exclusively from the 'new' album (as I understand it, some of the tracks are not new but had not been released on a LP yet). As he introduced his set, he said "I hear my album leaked today, so you should be able to download it when you get home." So don't feel bad taking a listen if it helps you decide to see him. :)

Highly recommended. I think the Indy will be a great setting for this, too.

Ross1492
10-13-2011, 10:03 AM
11/13 - Prosumer (Ostgut Ton) @ Holy Cow

sbessiso
10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Or maybe save your hard earned pennies and don't drink. Is that an option?

guedita
10-13-2011, 11:17 AM
1/29 - Wilco @ Warfield
1/31 - Wilco @ Fox Theater

bmack86
10-13-2011, 01:26 PM
$8 fucking dollars for a beer?

I'm planning on flasking both shows. Best believe.

guedita
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I am not going to either of those shows, bmack, but could make myself available for pre-show imbibery at a nearby watering hole.

sbessiso
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Wilco at the warfield sounds funnn

bmack86
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I am not going to either of those shows, bmack, but could make myself available for pre-show imbibery at a nearby watering hole.

I'll probably make that easier on you, since I'll be staying in Berkeley or Oakland for most of my time over there. We should do a Trappist night.

chiapet
10-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Ooh. I'd go to the Trappist too.

Ross - just noticed that the Sunset boat party invite on FB mentions "After the Sunset" with Carl Craig. So at least we know where to check back for ticket info now - http://www.pacificsound.net/events/events.html

fikus222
10-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Heidi, Tycho's one of my favs, so I'm very glad you enjoyed his Decibel set. I'd wager this show at the Independent will be a full band affair, which will complement nicely the solo laptop set you saw in Seattle.

pancakespancakes
10-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Gang Gang killed it in Big Sur. Similar set to Coachella 2009, I believe, in a similarly fantasy kind of setting. One of the most enjoyable sets I've seen this year without a doubt.

Tonight I will be at Pure X / Melted Toys / White Fang / Nude Sunrise at Brick & Mortar, which I've never been to.

pancakespancakes
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM

Please report back on this one.

Never made it to that one because it sold out too damn quick, but I did catch Girls at Amoeba that day and they blew me away without having heard the album yet. Now I don't want to because I'm afraid it just can't top the live performance!

GeezrRckr
10-13-2011, 07:24 PM
The new Tycho is nice on first listen. I may go to that. Count me in for the Wilco show at the Warfield. Their new one is pretty solid too.

Bmack, holla at your boy.

getbetter
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
I have heard good things about Tycho.

BigBryan
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
So a good friend of mine from up here (currently living in San Diego) just got added to this Rock the Revolution show at Kelly's Mission Rock. Some way affiliated with Ron Paul, but they got KRS-One and its FREE.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150205101743061

chiapet
10-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Argh, I'm sick so I'm not going to pursue a ticket for Metronomy tonight. Still planning on going to Heidi though.

Ross1492
10-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Argh, I'm sick so I'm not going to pursue a ticket for Metronomy tonight. Still planning on going to Heidi though.

This weather should help!

And I take it you no longer want me to suss out a ticket for you?

Also, Heidi comes on before Boris. Guessing 12-2.

GeezrRckr
10-14-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd actually like a Metronomy tic. If you find one, please PM me. I'd be grateful.

Ross1492
10-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Will do!

chiapet
10-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Yea, thanks for the offer, but I think I'm just going to try to get a little rest before Heidi.

PotVsKtl
10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I just dumped like $200 on shows. Thanks Ticketmaster and old people.

11/9 - Method Man
11/15 - Black Star
12/14 - Scratch Acid
12/15 - Dino Jr

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-14-2011, 10:49 AM
How much are Black Star tix? Think it'll sell out soon?

PotVsKtl
10-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm afraid you're barred from attendance.

bmack86
10-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Two days of Ryan in a row!

PotVsKtl
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm gonna put my tongue in your flask.

GeezrRckr
10-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I just bought my ticket for the 11/1 Youth Lagoon show at BOTH. Their album is just too damn good for me to pass up.

As such, I have a tic to The Field show at the Rickshaw that same night. If you want it, I'll sell it for $10 (face is $15). PM me if interested.

Ross1492
10-14-2011, 01:26 PM
No!!!! Damn it! Was planning on The Field but I absolutely love that Youth Lagoon album. Only thing that's merited consistent repeat listening this year other than John Maus' album.

Thought it was one guy btw.

guedita
10-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Youth Lagoon will be back in SF at least 3 times in 2012, bank on it. I don't know how frequently The Field tours.

GeezrRckr
10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Ha...only 3x. Not 4 or 5? A guedita pronouncement....the rumors thread must be in full bloom. Well, my main motivation for foregoing The Field show for Youth Lagoon is simply because I am more interested in hearing YL live. As nice as The Field's album is to me, I just don't think it's going to be that interesting live, imo. Plus, this will be YL's first show of the tour (ever?) so I'd like to see how it evolves over the course of those 3+ shows.

And here's my pronouncement. The Field will be festival whores this season (he's got to maximize that work visa, after all). And, at least one of them will be at Coachella and both bands will be at P4k Fest. You can print that.

guedita
10-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I said at least 3 ;)

The less people at The Field the better. I need ample room to twirl.

BigBryan
10-14-2011, 07:28 PM

It SHOULD, they damn near sold out the Fox last year and Mezzanine isnt the size of the Fox. Although many folks just saw them at RTB a couple months ago.

Since the Oakland/East bay thread isnt poppin anymore...
11/17 Scarface (Geto Boys) @ the New Parish $28

shakermaker113
10-14-2011, 11:55 PM
I just noticed Ott is playing temple on the 21st. couldn't be any other night, could it? bah.

sbconnection
10-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Is anyone considering going to The Warfield for Opeth on Tuesday? Its only $22...

chiapet
10-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Review of the Tiger & Woods show at Beatbox:
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2011/10/friday_tiger_woods_throws_back.php

I'd forgotten that place was Studio Z - explains why it seemed so familiar (though I think I'd only gone there a couple of times, years ago). Looks like the DJ Koze show will be there so a few of you shall be checking out the venue soon.

afox19
10-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Mute Math - Feb 7th, Regency Ballroom

dorkfish
10-17-2011, 09:01 PM
11/13 - Mary J Blige performs "My Life" @ Fox Oakland
12/07 - Puscifer @ Palace of Fine Arts SF
12/29-31 - Furthur @ Bill Graham Civic SF

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Am I the only one going to Sasha at Ruby Skye?!? :O

Also, yay for the Puscifer show!

Ross1492
10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
11/26 - Nicolas Jaar (Live) @ TBA (underground)

chiapet
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
^^ just saw that. There is a lot of good stuff going on that week. While I'm supposedly out of town. Booo. Should be a good show.

Ross1492
10-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Not sure if I'll attend. I have a good feeling about a Coachella appearance. Gobi mid-afternoon, a la Brandt Brauer Frick.

dorkfish
10-18-2011, 03:00 PM
11/18 - Madlib @ Mighty

wmgaretjax
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
are tickets on sale? i can't find anything.

dorkfish
10-18-2011, 03:56 PM
probably not on sale yet. J Rocc is opening.

wmgaretjax
10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
shit. i'm there.

dorkfish
10-18-2011, 04:02 PM
in lesser news,

11/04 - Das Racist @ Ruby Skye (formerly at Shattuck Downlow)

zimmy1222
10-18-2011, 06:17 PM
madlib and j rocc sounds fucking awesome.

Egull
10-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I just noticed Ott is playing temple on the 21st. couldn't be any other night, could it? bah.

I posted this a while back, I can probably do guest list or if not a really discounted entry if you are interested in going after whatever other show your are going to, OTT doesn't go on until 1am.

Also, anyone going to Gold Panda on Oct. 25th or Tycho on Dec. 10th at The Independent? Just picked up tickets for both.

chiapet
10-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Josh, I'm going to Gold Panda. Not sure about Tycho - I will definitely go if I'm in town that weekend.

ELECtROjan
10-18-2011, 11:11 PM
GOOSE is opening for Soulwax @ the Independent...

@wearegoose -
Come to "GOOSE @ The Independent (supporting Soulwax)" Thursday, October 27 from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am.... http://fb.me/CLofyj10

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-19-2011, 07:30 AM
The Naked & Famous- 12/18, Indy

:)

dorkfish
10-19-2011, 09:14 AM
On the off chance that anyone is going to Anika tonight, Peanut Butter Wolf has been added.

sbconnection
10-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Shellac is playing 2 nights in Oakland at New Parish this weekend. I'll be there for the Sunday show

afox19
10-19-2011, 11:53 AM
The Naked & Famous- 12/18, Indy

:)

thanks for the heads up. Loved their TI set.

Robin
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Anyone going to the LTJ Bukem and Lateef show this Friday?

fikus222
10-19-2011, 03:01 PM
11/26 Boys Noize @ The Mezzanine

gbgbgb
10-19-2011, 03:19 PM
if you see a link for boys noize tickets come up please post it on here!

thanks & good find

wmgaretjax
10-19-2011, 03:36 PM
11/18 - Madlib @ Mighty

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2358572554/

doing medicine show! fuck yes. so excited.

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-19-2011, 04:20 PM
11/26 Boys Noize @ The Mezzanine

YES!!! I'll be there :D

chiapet
10-19-2011, 04:40 PM
I feel like that Carl Craig show on 11/4 isn't happening. Sunset promotions had it listed on their shows (without a venue), and now they are promoting something else that night. Hrmmm.

Ross1492
10-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Sure you're not confusing Pacific Sound / Sunset and Sunset Promotions? Sunset Promotions has Kraak n Smaak at Mighty. Don't think that has anything to do w/ Pacific Sound / Sunset. Could be wrong.

FWIW, they announced last year's edition of this party at the very, very last minute.

chiapet
10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Ooh, you are right! Not sure how I confused them. I will keep the faith then.

Ross1492
10-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I suspect they're holding it at some tiny underground venue. In which case, with Carl Craig as the headliner, they'll have ZERO problem unloading tickets with a quickness.

chiapet
10-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Tiny venue is all the better for attempting to continue my awkward exchanges with c2. I'll keep an eye out. :)

BlackSwan
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
11/26 - Nicolas Jaar (Live) @ TBA (underground)

nooooooooooooooooo... i am going to be out of the country... nooooooooooo.

chiapet
10-20-2011, 11:10 AM
I am too. :( There is a lot going on that week in SF, too... vacation has never looked so unappealing.

GeezrRckr
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Any clue as to where that show is going to be? I am supposed to head down to LA, but if it's at a legit venue, I may stay in town.

Ross1492
10-20-2011, 11:38 AM
No clue as to the venue. Seems it's been a real struggle to find a suitable replacement for the com#. Safe bet its in SOMA. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

chiapet
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I haven't made it to their underground parties, but from what I hear, the venues always work out quite alright, even when they're random places.

Robin
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
FELIX DA HOUSECAT!!

2nd Sundays, November 13 @ KMR

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-20-2011, 02:39 PM
What's KMR?

dorkfish
10-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Kelly's Mission Rock cafe

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Kelly's Mission Rock cafe

Thank you :)

Al-P- 12/9, Mighty

Sweet (:

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Anyone know anything about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at the subterranean arthouse in Berkeley on Nov 9th. I don't know anything about the venue or this.

Hmm, maybe it's just Brian Chase?

Also, DJ Shadow in my hometown tonight :D

chiapet
10-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Edited: ticket spoken for.

ELECtROjan
10-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Who wants to see Soulwax but doesn't have a ticket? I just got comped so if any of u are on the fence, let me know and u can have my willcall ticket.

ELECtROjan
10-20-2011, 10:31 PM
9dAQP45nlNA

sbessiso
10-20-2011, 11:15 PM
How much was soulwax?

ELECtROjan
10-20-2011, 11:17 PM
$40 - for you though, 1 beer

sbessiso
10-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Seriously?? Ill get you a beer AND will respect your personal space.

BigBryan
10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Anyone going to the LTJ Bukem and Lateef show this Friday?

Lateef is pulling double duty because he's also opening for DJ Shadow tonight.

Lemonpie
10-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Am I the only one going to Sasha at Ruby Skye?!? :O

Ill be there, cant wait

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Anyone interested in my Sasha ticket for $30?

Can't wait for Soulwax on Thursday. Ahhhhhh (:!!!

Mr. Fuzz
10-22-2011, 12:43 PM
I just got my Iggy Pop and the Stooges ticket for the Warfield! Does anyone know of any cool places to stay around Golden Gate Park? Ideally I would like to be able to walk to the park and hag out all day...preferably by the botanical garden and the deYoung. Should we be looking into renting a house or condo for a few days? I've been to SF twice and we stayed at the Clift and the Diva but you kind of need to take a taxi inorder to get anywhere. Also, what's the weather like in December?

Thanks!

pancakespancakes
10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Some LA flavored shows at Sub-Mission coming up:

Thursday, Oct 27th
High Places
Psychic Handbook
David Scott Stone
Bobby Browser

Saturday, Nov 5th
Earn
Xanopticon
Mirror to Mirror
Brandon Nickell

wmgaretjax
10-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Fuck... Would love to make it out to see Mirror to Mirror... but that's a rough weekend for me.

GeezrRckr
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Wilco pre-sale is this Wed at 10am. Links will show up here (http://wilcoworld.net/shows/). I'm going to buy tix to the Sunday Warfield show. Does anyone know where the holdover date might be (30th - Fox or Warfield)? How cool would it be if they did a pop-in at the Indy that night!

BigBryan
10-24-2011, 01:12 PM

Just saw a post on FB that the Black Star show is sold out.

Did anybody else go to DJ Shadow on Friday? My set times math was off and I ended up missing Lateef and whatever 'Radio Shadow' is/was. My first thought was this is like the Deadmau5 "unhooked" but I missed it. Saw about an hour of the Shadowshpere. More D&B during this set than I recall at Spookfest.

There's a FREE Del, Souls of Mischief, Casual party at Public Works on Thursday night. I'll probably roll out to that.

gbgbgb
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I have 4 extra Soulwax tickets for this Thursday. If anyone needs any let me know, $40 each, located in Walnut Creek. My friends are not good decision makers.