PDA

View Full Version : Just announced shows in San Francisco

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

afox19
09-13-2011, 09:31 PM
That's not actually Underworld. It's just the name of this dumb event.

We've been through this so many times. It's a gay club event. Not Underworld.

My fault! JamBase was fooled. I apologize as well - hadn't seen it discussed before.

guedita
09-13-2011, 09:33 PM
same night as portishead, and dj shadow.

although... portishead after party... hmmmmmmmmmm.

And Damian Lazarus/Art Department. What a night in SF. Wait, where is DJ Shadow playing?

shakermaker113
09-13-2011, 09:36 PM
regency, I think?

shakermaker113
09-13-2011, 09:39 PM
portishead followed by four tet sounds pretty dreamy.

GeezrRckr
09-14-2011, 03:43 AM
portishead followed by four tet sounds pretty dreamy.
God, I hope that is doable (and it likely will be)! I'm away right now so a bit disconnected from the home scene...do we know who is promoting the Four Tet gig?

chiapet
09-14-2011, 06:32 AM
while I'm at it - where is our lindstrom show and why isn't ulrich schnauss playing anywhere other than decibel?

Yea!! I was wondering about this last night. I need that Lindstrom show.

... you guys are really not going to Rebel Rave? I can't imagine seeing Four Tet instead of Damian Lazarus at this point.

shakermaker113
09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
looks like ghost ship may be all local djs. still might be my preferred shpongle afterparty.

GHOST SHIP 2011 GOES ON SALE TODAY at 1pm

The Space Cowboys & Sunset Promotions present

Ghost Ship 2011 : the Afterlife

Saturday October 29th, 2011 8PM - 4AM

The Bay Area's most eagerly anticpated Halloween celebration is back for its fourth year and better than ever. Featuring an enormous space packed with 6 sound areas, more than 30 of the Bay Area's finest Djs and performers, performance artists, mindboggling artcars, local foodtrucks and an enormous array of large-scale artwork made for, and available for your viewing pleasure on this one night only. We will also feature for the first time off-Playa, Peter Hudson's brand new, acclaimed 30' tall interactive zoetrope piece Charon, as well as this year's incredible Ghost Ship.

With an array of DJ talent (TBA) hailing from the Bay's finest crews, and an audience that comes dressed literally to kill, it's easy to sere why Ghost Ship has sold out in advance in each of its first 3 years. We will be announcing the 2011 location shortly but trust that you will not be disappointed.

Earlybird Discount Tickets Go on Sale Wednesday, September 14 at 1pm PDT at

WWW.GHOSTSHIPHALLOWEEN.COM

There is a limited quantity and this event has always sold out, so get your ticket early.

Art, Food, and DJ lineup incormation will be announced as it becomes available. For more information, follow The Space Cowboys (www.spacecowboys.org) and Sunset Promotions (www.sunsetpromotions.com)

NachoCat
09-14-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm envious of the San Fran music scene.

Lemonpie
09-14-2011, 10:28 AM
looks like ghost ship may be all local djs. still might be my preferred shpongle afterparty.

Has anyone been to ghost ship before? It looks pretty intriguing

chiapet
09-14-2011, 10:35 AM

I might be interested in this. I'm assuming there were shuttles back and forth to SF all night?

Kyliediscope
09-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I might be interested in this. I'm assuming there were shuttles back and forth to SF all night?

Looks pretty fun.

guedita
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM
That skeleton CHARON exhibit will be at Ghost Ship? I'm sold.

zimmy1222
09-14-2011, 02:05 PM
seems like soulwax and sbtrkt would overlap a lot. : / i haven't seen either. that's tough.

ghostship will be pretty awesome. space cowboys always contribute greatness to parties. such a bumpin ship too!

last year:

SHUTTLES : Shuttles will be available leaving on the :30 from 9PM - 4AM from Civic Center Plaza. Look for the Ghost Ship shuttles on Grove @ Larkin street. Shuttle service is free but limited capacity and first-come first-served.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION : SF Muni buses run 24 hours to Treasure Island. The 108 bus runs from Howard Street @ Beale and stops directly in front of 600 California every hour.

doesn't say anything about shuttles for the way back. i'd assume the ones coming in could take people back?

guedita
09-14-2011, 02:06 PM
We could also split taxis from the Fox theater to Treasure Island.

shakermaker113
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
it also doesn't say it's at treasure island this year.

We will be announcing the 2011 location shortly but trust that you will not be disappointed.

GeezrRckr
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Does anyone need a pair of Portishead/Greek tix? A friend is selling them. He will want face + fees paid.

BigBryan
09-14-2011, 08:21 PM
How/Can we post videos from Vimeo? I forget. Anyways came across this. Looks very cool and interesting and it's coming to Mezzanine on Oct. 20
http://vimeo.com/23224320
www.cutandpaste.com
Cut & Paste Digital Design Tournament 2011
Some sort of live 2D and 3D design BATTLE with music and lazer lights or something. Not too sure. Anyone have any more info. I'm kinda tickled.

Its the same night as
Theophilus London live @ popscene (Rickshaw Stop)

I might try and do both

Media Blitz
09-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm envious of the San Fran music scene.

The clubs are great and all that, but the locals are mostly marginally talented people who spend way too much time patting each other on the back and hyping each other up without being worthy of either.

shakermaker113
09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
he's right. I'm always hyping up jackstraw unfairly.

Media Blitz
09-14-2011, 09:19 PM
If an artist is from the Bay Area, they'll automatically be held to a lower standard by the locals because "he from da Bay, yo!"

shakermaker113
09-14-2011, 09:21 PM
rightfully so.

skyismad
09-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Does anyone need a pair of Portishead/Greek tix? A friend is selling them. He will want face + fees paid.

I know I am not a well-known boardie, but I am extremely interested!

Geno_g
09-14-2011, 10:14 PM

I like the way you think...

dorkfish
09-15-2011, 08:37 AM
it also doesn't say it's at treasure island this year.
http://spacecowboys.org/files/GS_web_1a.jpg

http://ghostship.eventbrite.com/

chiapet
09-15-2011, 08:44 AM
^ yea, I'd been looking at the ticket link which said Treasure Island.

I'm going to skip it, $40 is a lot, for the couple of hours I'd get to enjoy it... I have to be up at like 9AM the next morning. :)

jackstraw94086
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
If an artist is from the Bay Area, they'll automatically be held to a lower standard by the locals because "he from da Bay, yo!"

Spoken like a local DJ that who never earned an invitation to play at one of these events.

Go get a bunch of friends with a bunch of art who do shit like build giant ships in warehouses with 3 other stages and surround them art and other shit you've never seen before.
Then go see if you want to give up all the DJ spots to folks from out of town who will make the production cost twice as much.

Go to any other city and see of a group of people will do that.

Early bird tix sold out in a couple hours. So ya it seems most folks feel just like you.

and btw nobody says "he from da bay, yo".
Nobody gives a shit about that. Nobody ever gets to play simply for living near san francisco.
Get some friends.

chiapet
09-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't understand how you guys just don't have people like Media Blitz on ignore.

GeezrRckr
09-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Like since forever.

guedita
09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
What a weird and completely inaccurate representation of how San Francisco inhabitants who see the wide variety of local DJs and crews spin talk.

Kyliediscope
09-15-2011, 12:54 PM
It's just cuz your from da bay.

guedita
09-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, when my crew is out at a club where locals are spinning, and the local DJ isn't beat matching well or plays some lame ass funky deep house track, my friends and I just throw it up and yell

YAY AREAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Class dismissed.

imagoonie
09-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Ghost Ship last year was a blast. Definitely check it out. Something like six stages and a silent disco area, combined with burning man art, all in a giant airplane hangar. Some of the best halloween costumes I've seen too - you can't really top a 15 foot tall Death (with separate people working his arms) raging in the middle of the crowd. Plus, the fact that Charon is going to be there made getting a ticket to this an easy choice. Can't wait.

tubescape
09-15-2011, 01:56 PM
anyone here for some true roots reggae tonight at the Independent?... Black Uhuru. Never seen them, so I'm quite looking forward to it. If I recall correctly, they were all the bill last year (or maybe the year before) for Outside Lands, but were scratched pretty late... Anyways, always good to get a little reggae in ya!

Vasoline Groove
09-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Anyone going to this Deerhoof thing at the SFMOMA tonight:

http://www.sfmoma.org/exhib_events/events/1959

Adam Pendleton and Deerhoof Present BAND
Museumwide
6:00 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.

A project of New York-based artist Pendleton with the experimental musicians of Deerhoof, BAND is an unfolding artwork that re-imagines Jean-Luc Godard's film Sympathy for the Devil.

Godard documents the Rolling Stones as they record the lead track of their 1968 album Beggar's Banquet, while also meditating on the Black Panthers, May 1968, and the possibilities of global revolution. In BAND, Pendleton creates a three-channel video tracking Deerhoof's recording of "I Did Crimes for You," from their recent release Deerhoof vs. Evil. BAND's SFMOMA appearance will include new footage of David Hilliard, former chief of staff of the Black Panther Party, touring landmark Black Panther Party sites in Oakland, an onstage interview with Hilliard, and a Deerhoof performance with projections by Pendleton. Also, Blue Bottle Coffee and SFMOMA debut their BANQUET series with Beggar's BANQUET on the Rooftop Garden.

Part of SFMOMA: Now Playing.

Free with museum admission.

I'm trying to figure out when Deerhoof is coming on. Anyone have an idea?

Source: http://www.sfmoma.org/exhib_events/events/1959#ixzz1Y3zCPzWe
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art

MUSTACHEFACTORY
09-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know if I am able to give a will call ticket to my friend for a show at the fox Oakland? I know it was discussed in here awhile back for another venue but I'm unsure if you can do that at the fox. Thanks

guedita
09-15-2011, 03:40 PM
I would give the box office a call and see; also, send your friend a photocopy of your ID and the card you used to purchase the ticket (with the numbers blacked out) and your signature of authorization. That seems to work most places, and I think that GAMH has even adopted that policy for their "will call only" shows.

Vasoline Groove
09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Deerhoof comes on at 9:00 pm tonight at SFMOMA, FYI.

shakermaker113
09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
I just realized the Teddybears show friday is a dj set. I'd rather stay home and sleep.

the Ghost Ship tickets are selling fast. hmm.

chiapet
09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
"Stay home and sleep" is currently outweighing every other plan I've made all weekend.

Geno_g
09-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Ghost ship sounds like fun after Shpongle...

GeezrRckr
09-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Deerhoof comes on at 9:00 pm tonight at SFMOMA, FYI.
Please tell me that some of you went to this. Go ahead, make me envious.

fikus222
09-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Ghost Ship was utter crap in 2009. The sound cut out several times, the crowd was awful and the only cool aspect was the swinging monkey installation.

shakermaker113
09-15-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm willing to take a chance on it. I bit the bullet and bought a ticket. looks like that night will be shpongle -> ghost ship -> sunrise. should be fun. :-)

guedita
09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
I bought my ticket to Ghost Ship as well.

GeezrRckr
09-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Hmmm...I'm going to Trentmoller that night. It would be fun to meet up with you all after our respective shows. I have to figure out a transport strategy to/from TI though.

shakermaker113
09-16-2011, 06:40 AM
I bought my ticket to Ghost Ship as well.

yay!

Hmmm...I'm going to Trentmoller that night. It would be fun to meet up with you all after our respective shows. I have to figure out a transport strategy to/from TI though.

:applies peer pressure:

Vasoline Groove
09-16-2011, 08:19 AM
:
Please tell me that some of you went to this. Go ahead, make me envious.

Yeah, it was fun Drew. My buddy had a membership to MOMA so I got in free which was nice. They had a live interview with someone from the Black Panther party before the show and then showed a filmed interview with the same guy but both were too quiet to actually hear or understand what the guy was talking about. Definitely a weird opener for Deerhoof.

Deerhoof were supposed to come on at 9:00 but they didnt start until 9:30. I thought that meant it was going to be a really short set since the MOMA was supposed to be closed by 10. But they played a full hour which is a lot of Deerhoof songs since they are generally so short. There were some feedback issues to start with but got those figured out and they continued to rock out. The sound was pretty good and it was a small crowd so it was intimate, but at the same time spacious due to the large area they were playing - basically the entrance lobby to the MOMA. Also it was one of the guitarists (Ed) birthday so we sang the song and there was cake. The drummer is mesmerizing on the kit with his crazy energy and even crazier faces he makes. Good times.

GeezrRckr
09-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Right on. Was that your first time seeing them? And, yes, Greg is a monster on the drums, eh. Did you happen to pay attention to what sort of kit he's playing these days (i.e. is it still just the skinny bass drum, snare and floor tom or more now?). I just can't believe how great he sounds with such a simple set-up.

Vasoline Groove
09-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Right on. Was that your first time seeing them? And, yes, Greg is a monster on the drums, eh. Did you happen to pay attention to what sort of kit he's playing these days (i.e. is it still just the skinny bass drum, snare and floor tom or more now?). I just can't believe how great he sounds with such a simple set-up.

I had seen them at Sasquatch a few years back which was a good show too, but this one seemed better even with the feedback issues.

Yeah, Greg is a monster. He was playing the tiny kit you are describing. Although the guy seems like he is a little challenged. It took him five minutes to basically say thanks to the promoters and to the crowd. It was pretty funny seeing a guy that was totally in his element behind the drums to a guy that couldn't really spit out words in a coherent manner. Maybe he is just shy. Or was on a crazy "I just played an awesome set at the SFMOMA" high.

xanman86
09-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Anyone have decent seats for Bridge School for a reasonable price? Sold out so fast.

Vasoline Groove
09-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Soulwax ticket purchased!

GeezrRckr
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Although the guy seems like he is a little challenged. It took him five minutes to basically say thanks to the promoters and to the crowd. It was pretty funny seeing a guy that was totally in his element behind the drums to a guy that couldn't really spit out words in a coherent manner. Maybe he is just shy. Or was on a crazy "I just played an awesome set at the SFMOMA" high.
He's always like that. I had the same reaction the first time or two seeing them. Now I find it endearing because his punchlines (when he finally gets to them) are fucking hilarious. I'm not sure what's going on..perhaps he's an idiot savant.

jackstraw94086
09-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Ghost Ship was utter crap in 2009. The sound cut out several times, the crowd was awful and the only cool aspect was the swinging monkey installation.

none of this happened in 2010.

and trust me the spinning skeletons are cooler than the swinging monkeys.

Vasoline Groove
09-16-2011, 12:37 PM
perhaps he's an idiot savant.

I'll agree with that. He was definitely cracking every one up.

sbessiso
09-16-2011, 04:21 PM
oh fuck. Ghost Ship sounds a lot like the Opulent Temple's Massive they had there in July which was SO. FUCKING. INCREDIBLE.

Honestly I would be in 100% but I cant make the commitment yet.

Media Blitz
09-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Spoken like a local DJ that who never earned an invitation to play at one of these events.

Go get a bunch of friends with a bunch of art who do shit like build giant ships in warehouses with 3 other stages and surround them art and other shit you've never seen before.
Then go see if you want to give up all the DJ spots to folks from out of town who will make the production cost twice as much.

Go to any other city and see of a group of people will do that.

Early bird tix sold out in a couple hours. So ya it seems most folks feel just like you.

and btw nobody says "he from da bay, yo".
Nobody gives a shit about that. Nobody ever gets to play simply for living near san francisco.
Get some friends.

People who scour internet message boards for friends telling people to "get some friends"... irony?

Half the talent on these locals-only Bay events would be begging for an 8 PM slot in LA or NY.

shakermaker113
09-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Half the talent on these locals-only Bay events would be begging for an 8 PM slot in LA or NY.

I can't speak for them, but since you are already doing that - I'd say some of them are pretty content playing around here and don't care about playing LA or NY.

honestly, I'm not sure what your criticism is. what place doesn't encourage and embrace local talent? maybe some places don't, but that sounds pretty miserable.

Kyliediscope
09-17-2011, 12:03 AM
This might be the best Halloween to date. The bar is pretty high because last year it was Amon Tobin and Underworld in the same weekend. However-- Shpongle & Ghostship. It's going to be a very weird and delightful Halloween.

guedita
09-17-2011, 12:42 AM
MediaBlitz, I'd love to hear a list of all of the "local SF djs" that are a) so awful yet so hyped up by their friends and b) who are or would be begging to play in LA

Seriously, name names. I'm sure that you have an extensive list of DJs you have seen locally.

Kyliediscope
09-17-2011, 12:45 AM
I post up about how I just purchased my tickets and you don't even care. What has our relationship become? You didn't even notice that I did my hair differently.

GeezrRckr
09-17-2011, 05:27 AM
Don't encourage him. Wtf.

guedita
09-17-2011, 07:55 AM
I post up about how I just purchased my tickets and you don't even care. What has our relationship become? You didn't even notice that I did my hair differently.

YAY AREAAAAA

shakermaker113
09-17-2011, 08:00 AM
: pats guedita on back :

Bud Luster
09-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Guedita is pretty much the definition of the hyphy movement. You are still getting hyphy over there right? Anyway. I need to get into the "yay urrea" soon to hang out and enjoy some tunes with you all. Any word on the Ghost Ship line up? Sounds like it will mostly be a local talent type thing. Which I'm very much down with at this point.

nocigarettes
09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
anyone else checking out Crookers at Mighty tonight?

shakermaker113
09-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Guedita is pretty much the definition of the hyphy movement. You are still getting hyphy over there right? Anyway. I need to get into the "yay urrea" soon to hang out and enjoy some tunes with you all. Any word on the Ghost Ship line up? Sounds like it will mostly be a local talent type thing. Which I'm very much down with at this point.

join us!

darkjustice
09-17-2011, 02:39 PM

maybe

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Crystal Castles- 9/22, Concourse Exhibition Center.

Never been to this place. Big venue?

Kyliediscope
09-17-2011, 05:04 PM

YES. Please come! I haven't seen you in ages.

sbessiso
09-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I need my Ghost Ship ticket.

Kyliediscope
09-17-2011, 06:35 PM
I will completely erase all prior memories of said shunning.

seitron
09-17-2011, 06:37 PM

I am. So fucking excited right now

seitron
09-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Holy Fuck. I have not had that much fun in months. Mighty had awesome lights and was packed to the brim. The second opener could have headlined a show (Shane King?), he was fucking amazing. And Crookers were even better than my high expectations. WOW

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Just got my Soulwax ticket :). My Halloween weekend is STACKED!

ELECtROjan
09-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Concourse Exhibition Center.

Never been to this place. Big venue?

http://www.sfvenues.com/concourse/overview.html

its a very large warehouse. assuming for this they will use the far end where Sea of Dreams puts their main stage.

http://www.missomnimedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/l_a00ca92f34e2311d6e42c3bc514a3c4d1.jpg

ELECtROjan
09-18-2011, 10:33 PM
i will be at Soulwax also...

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the info! I have been unable to find ticket info for the show, weird.

sbessiso
09-19-2011, 07:07 AM
The Ghost Ship ticket is so pricey....I *know* it will be worth it I dont know why im hesitating

ManImCool
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Did anyone manage to see Beardyman last week? I couldn't get out of a work conflict. He was great at Coachella.

dorkfish
09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info! I have been unable to find ticket info for the show, weird.
It's the after party for the Facebook developers conference. Unless you're attending ($400) or a Facebook employee, you probably won't get in.

The Concourse is a horrible venue, though.

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Aww crap :(. Thanks for the info Dorkfish.

My Morning Jacket- 12/2, Bill Graham Civic

sbessiso
09-19-2011, 10:31 AM
So happy so happy so happy!! I get to see MMJ again!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS CITY

PotVsKtl
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Why? cancelled GAMH. Dumbo Yoni broke his hand or something.

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Oh damn my friend had a ticket for the Why? Show. I'll let her know now, thanks.

aaronbk
09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
crystal castles..facebook after party...400 dollars?! sounds all bad.

shakermaker113
09-19-2011, 05:04 PM
crystal castles..facebook after party...400 dollars?! sounds all bad.

$400 is the conference cost. and nobody at these conferences pay for it themselves, it's all facebook developers on their company's dollar.

god, imagine that. the concourse, filled entirely with facebook developers, and crystal castles.

while on the subject, did I hear that metallica played the dreamforce conference afterparty here recently? WTF? I can see some lousy/desperate bands taking those conference gigs, but fucking metallica?

chiapet
09-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Hrm... Oracle has had some really big acts before. Metallica does seem a little strange though.

Our conferences have really awkward and embarrassing cover bands or themes, usually. Like they did a disco theme this year. Seeing your exes dressed like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever? Not good.

PotVsKtl
09-19-2011, 05:17 PM
WTF? I can see some lousy/desperate bands taking those conference gigs, but fucking metallica?

Facebook has a lot of money. This isn't uncommon, I saw Beck in front of about 150 developers a few years back.

wmgaretjax
09-19-2011, 05:47 PM
I can see some lousy/desperate bands taking those conference gigs, but fucking metallica?

Metallica doesn't seem desperate to you? Those guys will do anything for a buck. That said, i've been surprised in the past at some of the bands that play these sorts of gigs.

Robin
09-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Am I the only one going the dBridge and Lynx show on Thursday? Thought there were more DnB heads in here.

dorkfish
09-20-2011, 11:20 AM
11/10 - DJ QBert and Mix Master Mike "First time together in 10 years" @ Indy SF

GeezrRckr
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
To backfill the M83 show being moved....ain't that a bitch.

guedita
09-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I can't seem to find any ticket or show information about this 11/1 The Field @ Rickshaw Stop date.

chiapet
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Yea, it doesn't seem to be posted yet. Let's be patient. :)

Vasoline Groove
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
11/10 - DJ QBert and Mix Master Mike "First time together in 10 years" @ Indy SF

Oooh, this looks good. I keep crapping out on Qbert, not that its a big deal since he plays here like every other month. But it would be pretty badass to see him with Mix Master Mike.

dorkfish
09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
11/30 - Dan Deacon @ New Parish Oakland

BigBryan
09-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Oooh, this looks good. I keep crapping out on Qbert, not that its a big deal since he plays here like every other month. But it would be pretty badass to see him with Mix Master Mike.

I've yet to see him live too. He just did LET w/ D-Styles and then the thing at Mezzanine w/ Styles and Shortkut last month. Should we be expecting some kind of full Skratch Piklz reunion show soon w/ Qbert, Mike and Apollo (or someone else)?

Vasoline Groove
09-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I've yet to see him live too. He just did LET w/ D-Styles and then the thing at Mezzanine w/ Styles and Shortkut last month. Should we be expecting some kind of full Skratch Piklz reunion show soon w/ Qbert, Mike and Apollo (or someone else)?

Apollo and ShorKut played at a free show in the park during Labor day weekend that I missed too. So outlook seems positive for a reunion.

PotVsKtl
09-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Has anyone been to Brick & Mortar Music Hall? I've never heard of it until recently and suddenly they've got a bunch of artists coming through.

wmgaretjax
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
i have. it's an OK venue. very small. sound system is definitely not the best, but it works well enough. then again... i saw john maus... so probably not a good barometer for sound quality.

PotVsKtl
09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Shit is a 30 second stumble from my house. I might have to take up residence.

GeezrRckr
09-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Hmm...the old Levende Lounge. Stevie Wonder once did a drop-in there.

I barely recognize any of the bands they've booked...who are you seeing? What's the general theme of the curation there? Although, Ty Segall is playing there on 10/28, so that may be my chance to check out the place (only $10).

PotVsKtl
09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
From their front page, I wouldn't mind any of Sims, Radical Face, White Magic, Ty Segall, Mumlers, Blackbird Blackbird.

guedita
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Blackbird Blackbird is good.

zimmy1222
09-21-2011, 12:59 PM
EOTO with ill.Gates @ Mezzanine - 11/18

Fun!... smelly.

zimmy1222
09-21-2011, 01:02 PM
cool flyer.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/zimm1222/308585_10150292852142064_630197063_8373797_1781738 3_n.jpg

aaronbk
09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
eoto with ill.gates. say what! im all about that.

fikus222
09-21-2011, 06:34 PM
$5 discount on Plump DJs tickets with promo code Mighty available at:

http://afterthelove2011.eventbrite.com/

Edit:

oops, thanks for the correction OddZilla.

OddZilla
09-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Er... I believe you mean tickets that are $5 cheaper, not $5 total. (So, $15 for a presale, $25 GA)

Ross1492
09-21-2011, 06:53 PM
9/25 - Claude Young @ 46 Minna St.
11/4 - Carl Craig @ TBA
11/4 - Paco Osuna @ BeatBox

guedita
09-21-2011, 06:54 PM
What is 46 Minna?

Ross1492
09-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Not sure. Facebook event page has some additional details:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176464679098362

fikus222
09-21-2011, 07:05 PM
What is 46 Minna?

It's Harlot's address. The week of OSL, I saw Marques Wyatt there and it wasn't that bad of a club.

Ross1492
09-21-2011, 07:09 PM
1015 Folsom moonlighting as 103 Harriet, now Harlot advertised as 46 Minna? All very bizarre imo.

FWIW, $7 entry + happy hour drink prices all night make this a steal. Claude Young is a fantastic DJ. Based on the comments, looks as though he's on for 3 hrs.

chiapet
09-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Oooh. I'd go see Carl Craig again!

BigBryan
09-21-2011, 08:42 PM
New Years Eve Z-Trip @ Fort Mason SF

Geno_g
09-21-2011, 08:47 PM
EOTO with ill.Gates @ Mezzanine - 11/18

Fun!... smelly.

Oh Yeah... Sounds like a fun time...

Ross1492
09-21-2011, 09:48 PM
11/12 - DJ Koze @ TBA (underground)

Giddy.

guedita
09-21-2011, 09:55 PM

Giddy.

Oh wow!

Ross1492
09-21-2011, 09:57 PM
His extended set at the compound last year was mesmerizing. Hoping for something similar this time - 4-6 hrs in a very dark space.

guedita
09-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah, you told me about that! I'm excited. This falls on my boyfriend's birthday weekend and he's a big Koze fan so hopefully he'll actually come out to party.

fikus222
09-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Sounds cool. I wonder if we can interest Shaker too.

A-Ron
09-22-2011, 07:36 AM

Giddy.

Any idea who's going to be throwing this? I was planning on visiting my gf in LA that weekend, but she'll understand.

Ross1492
09-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Any idea who's going to be throwing this? I was planning on visiting my gf in LA that weekend, but she'll understand.

As You Like It

FWIW - Kompakt has him playing an underground in LA (Harmonic) on 11/10. Think they're off by a day though b/c no way in hell Harmonic is throwing an underground party on a Thursday.

To clarify re: the SF date - Kompakt has him playing at AYLI on 11/11. I posted it as 11/12 because that jives with AYLI's calendar on facebook. Looking through recent AYLI facebook posts, it now appears the date is TBA for the time being. Safe to assume it will be either 11/11 or 11/12, probably the latter.

Love this guy ...

gmOntX0cWoY

Haha

sbessiso
09-22-2011, 08:51 AM
$5 discount on Plump DJs tickets with promo code Mighty available at:

http://afterthelove2011.eventbrite.com/

Edit:

oops, thanks for the correction OddZilla.

That's upsetting, shoulda just waited

Egull
09-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Does anybody want guest list for DJ Sneak at Temple on Friday?

CoachellaBlood
09-22-2011, 09:57 AM
How was James Blake last night, to those who went?

NachoCat
09-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Have any of you guys heard of Salva? I guess he is from San Fran and is playing a show here in Phoenix on Sat. I've pulled a lot of tracks by him, some of which are great and some are wtf... Anybody know anything about this guy or have seen him live? Thx!

zimmy1222
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
I've pulled a lot of tracks by him, some of which are great and some are wtf...

Sounds about right for his sets too.

zimmy1222
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Machinedrum played here last night... highly suggest you catch him if you're going to Zomby... but, if you're going to Zomby, you probably already knew that you should.

guedita
09-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I fully intend on seeing Machinedrum.

ManImCool
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Skrillex after-party on 10/28 at the Regency Ballroom starting at 12AM just announced from a ticket-master email. Who wants to party with some 16 yearolds?!

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Skrillex after-party on 10/28 at the Regency Ballroom starting at 12AM just announced from a ticket-master email. Who wants to party with some 16 yearolds?!

My phone blew up from everyone telling me about the afterparty. Wonder how much those tix are gonna be. I don't know any of the acts in the lineup :/. I'm gonna be so tore up after those 4 Halloween shows.

higgybaby23
09-22-2011, 01:09 PM
^I'm at a loss for words trying to fathom your list of upcoming shows. What's going on here?

PotVsKtl
09-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Horribleness.

chiapet
09-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Let's not spend any more time on this thread critiquing or boggling over his taste in music...

On another note, who is going to Atom(TM) on Saturday?

Robin, sorry I didn't answer earlier.. I was planning on going to dBridge tonight. Still may possibly make it, but I have a company staying with me (and not interested in the show) so it's looking unlikely).

ManImCool
09-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I was hesitant on wither to admit this or not, but I went to see Avicii at Ruby Skye on Monday night. One of my guilty pleasures is cheesy house music, so what, no big deal.

Anyways, after the show, me and my buddy were wandering looking for food in the area around 3AM when I walked right into Avicii (and Cazzette, and their bodyguard) walking to their hotel. I asked if I could snap a photo, at which the bodyguard promptly responded NO PICTURES. Then a crackhead prostitute (it was 3AM downtown after all) that happened to be standing there said "you can take my picture... I'll be naked and sucking your dick." I politely declined and then watched as she comically asked Avicii and his crew the same, at which the bodyguard also vetoed her advances. When she wandered away, the bodyguard looked at me and my friend, realized we weren't crazy threatening fans or crackheads, and invited us over to meet them. They were really chill and nice. Got to shake his hand, talk a little about the night, and then talked about seeing him at EDC Vegas, I was still coming down from my roll so the entire experience was very surreal but it was cool to meet him.

I'm sure most of you people given your music tastes could give two shits about meeting him, but yeah, I got to meet Avicii and shake his hand and have a conversation with him and I'm proud of it. There I said it.

Robin
09-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Robin, sorry I didn't answer earlier.. I was planning on going to dBridge tonight. Still may possibly make it, but I have a company staying with me (and not interested in the show) so it's looking unlikely).

I'm still debating myself. Great DnB lineup, but not sure if I can handle work in the morning. Maybe if I get an awesome nap in, and stock up on energy drinks.

Ross1492
09-22-2011, 06:44 PM
DJ Koze confirmed for 11/12.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=222821637771328

Tix are $30. 5-6 hr set is my guess.

This will probably sell out well in advance.

guedita
09-22-2011, 06:46 PM
And you have to have a password to buy tickets. Do you think there will still be tickets available tomorrow?

chiapet
09-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm on the fence, cuz I was really looking forward to the Saunderson & May show the same night. This is happening too often. (Great problem to have...)

Ross1492
09-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Password hasn't been given out just yet. I think tickets will be available for a few weeks, but they aren't likely to have them "day of", as is the norm for many of these events. AYLI will surely post something on facebook as a sell-out approaches.

So pumped for this!

Ross1492
09-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm on the fence, cuz I was really looking forward to the Saunderson & May show the same night. This is happening too often. (Great problem to have...)

Saunderson is in town on 10/29. May is here once or twice a year. Choosing the Koze extended set, in a location like this, is the smart play.

Alternatively, you could do both :). The former till 3ish and the latter till 7.

Hmmm, the hatching of a fantastic plan????

One more thing to consider: Carl Craig is in town the prior weekend. You may be able to satisfy your Detroit techno craving then.

Trick Loves The Kids
09-22-2011, 07:06 PM
yo can somebody recommend a koze live mix? i've never heard anything from him

Ross1492
09-22-2011, 07:13 PM
yo can somebody recommend a koze live mix? i've never heard anything from him

Not a lot kicking about. AYLI posted this, from 2009:

http://soundcloud.com/minimaland-fr/dj-koze-levi-s-sound-tab-indigo-club-istanbul-turkey-20-02-2009-www-minimaland-fr

fikus222
09-22-2011, 07:22 PM
There are some sets available here, though nothing more recent than '09:

http://www.audiobeats.net/search?&qt=livesets&q=dj%20koze

GeezrRckr
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Let's not spend any more time on this thread critiquing or boggling over his taste in music....
Agreed...let's get back to discussing forgettable electronic music and local DJ bias. This thread sure has taken a dump.

Kyliediscope
09-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Agreed...let's get back to discussing forgettable electronic music and local DJ bias. This thread sure has taken a dump.

BAY AREAAAAA

Ross1492
09-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Agreed...let's get back to discussing forgettable electronic music

Haha, I'm thinking this may be directed at me. You may have something though, as it seems just a few boardmembers are interested in the shows that I post. I'm happy to PM those people to avoid cluttering the thread.

GeezrRckr
09-22-2011, 07:58 PM
It was not directed at anyone in particular.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/75709812_c0334e56c6_o.jpg

aaronbk
09-22-2011, 07:59 PM

QFT

fikus222
09-22-2011, 08:00 PM
This is a thread for shows, all are welcome.

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I was hesitant on wither to admit this or not, but I went to see Avicii at Ruby Skye on Monday night. One of my guilty pleasures is cheesy house music, so what, no big deal.

Anyways, after the show, me and my buddy were wandering looking for food in the area around 3AM when I walked right into Avicii (and Cazzette, and their bodyguard) walking to their hotel. I asked if I could snap a photo, at which the bodyguard promptly responded NO PICTURES. Then a crackhead prostitute (it was 3AM downtown after all) that happened to be standing there said "you can take my picture... I'll be naked and sucking your dick." I politely declined and then watched as she comically asked Avicii and his crew the same, at which the bodyguard also vetoed her advances. When she wandered away, the bodyguard looked at me and my friend, realized we weren't crazy threatening fans or crackheads, and invited us over to meet them. They were really chill and nice. Got to shake his hand, talk a little about the night, and then talked about seeing him at EDC Vegas, I was still coming down from my roll so the entire experience was very surreal but it was cool to meet him.

I'm sure most of you people given your music tastes could give two shits about meeting him, but yeah, I got to meet Avicii and shake his hand and have a conversation with him and I'm proud of it. There I said it.

Gah! I'm so jealous :(. I really wanted to go to one of those Avicii shows. How was the 18 and over crowd? I've only attended 21 and over at Ruby.

ManImCool
09-22-2011, 11:49 PM
The 18 and over crowd was on Sunday. The Monday show the next night that I went to (which wasn't promoted at all, in comparison to the sunday show) was 21+. Wanting to minimize douchebaggery, I chose the Monday 21+ show over the Sunday 18+ show. The crowd was about what you'd expect for Avicii, except it was Monday at Ruby Skye. Nice intimate show. Had no problems getting right up front whenever I wanted to.

chiapet
09-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Haha, I'm thinking this may be directed at me.

Ignore Geezr, he's just a crabby old man! :)

(And he actually likes a fair amount of the stuff you've posted).

Speaking of! Drew, you should check out some Tiger & Woods and consider going to that with me, you'll be back in town for it. (Edited: I emailed you some trax).

xanman86
09-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Anyone going to Ladytron this Sunday?

chiapet
09-23-2011, 07:46 AM
shaker and I are. Not sure if anyone else is. You have my #, so say hi?

shakermaker113
09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
we actually have a spare ticket if anyone is in need. I got it at the box office, so no fees.

ack, that reminds me. I still need to go back and return my z-trip tix. there's the downside to getting tickets at the box office.

Trick Loves The Kids
09-23-2011, 08:52 AM
ross, never stop posting

indie rock fans, accept the supremacy of machine music and submit

dorkfish
09-23-2011, 09:21 AM
10/20 - Beck @ Uptown Theatre Napa

http://www.uptowntheatrenapa.com/2011/09/beck/

Probably a warm-up show for Bridge School, so I would expect it to be fairly acoustic heavy.

PotVsKtl
09-23-2011, 10:00 AM
ross, never stop posting

indie rock fans, accept the supremacy of machine music and submit

I think you meant redundancy.

sbessiso
09-23-2011, 12:20 PM
10/20 - Beck @ Uptown Theatre Napa

http://www.uptowntheatrenapa.com/2011/09/beck/

Probably a warm-up show for Bridge School, so I would expect it to be fairly acoustic heavy.

Omg omg omg omg omg omg

fikus222
09-23-2011, 12:28 PM
I know. I'm totally unable to make the show too. That night, my new job has me in Auburn and returning the night of Portishead, which may screw me for that show too...I'm so pissed.

sbessiso
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Ahh nooooooo. This is a can't miss show for me. Dorkfish, what makes you say it will be mostly acoustic? Are the bridge school shows usually acoustic sets?

guedita
09-23-2011, 12:42 PM
The presale tickets for DJ Koze are up now, and it's only $25. I purchased mine.

Drew just wants more garage-rock love and appreciation being thrown around in here.

Is anyone going to Wild Flag at GAMH?

dorkfish
09-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Ahh nooooooo. This is a can't miss show for me. Dorkfish, what makes you say it will be mostly acoustic? Are the bridge school shows usually acoustic sets?
Almost exclusively acoustic.

chiapet
09-23-2011, 01:36 PM
We have been pretty EDM heavy this summer. But it's not *our* fault SF has gotten such amazing bookings!

GeezrRckr
09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Drew just wants more garage-rock love and appreciation being thrown around in here.

Is anyone going to Wild Flag at GAMH?
No, I want more people talking about Cockblock night at the Rick.

I did not see the Wild Flag announce. I'll look it up, but if I'm in town, I'm totally going to that. I like their LP.

EDIT: wow, two nights there right out of the block. Nice. So, which night are people going to...Fri or Sat? I'm ready to buy mine now.

dorkfish
09-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Just saw this in the FolkYeah email:

STAY TUNED!!!
Announcements coming soon on Avey Tare (of Animal Collective) in the Bay Area/ Santa Cruz in early December

GeezrRckr
09-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Finally. I wonder who finally convinced him to do it.

wmgaretjax
09-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah. Got very excited when I saw that. I would guess he'll actually play a fair amount of new stuff. He really didn't seem keen on playing the older stuff live. Can't wait to find out either way.

GeezrRckr
09-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Looks like we'll be getting a nice bday present.

wmgaretjax
09-23-2011, 04:49 PM
i'm there. no doubt about it. really hope he picks a nice opener too.

GeezrRckr
09-23-2011, 05:29 PM
MJEWi4cVBuU

Just a hunch.

GeezrRckr
09-23-2011, 05:31 PM
(submit that)

chiapet
09-23-2011, 05:32 PM
So, at the risk at getting scolded over the EDM... I'll ask again. Who's going to Atom(TM) tomorrow? (me.)

wmgaretjax
09-23-2011, 05:34 PM
i was going to, but i'm absurdly slammed with work.

GeezrRckr
09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Btw, The Field show is on sale now (http://kitsune-efbevent.eventbrite.com/). Better get them while you can.

I need to listen to that album again. I think I liked it, but it didn't strike me as something that would interest me live right off.

chiapet
09-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Drew, that's not the link. Can you try again? I'm sitting here with credit card in hand :)

GeezrRckr
09-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Weird...the link in the email blast is bad then.

sbessiso
09-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Almost exclusively acoustic.

thanks man!!! im not 100% jazzed that it will be all acoustic but im still sooooooooooooooooooo excited for this. I think its going to be something rather rare and special. GO ROCKTOBER GO!

shakermaker113
09-23-2011, 11:23 PM
trying that field link (http://postlink.www.listbox.com/1041728/a56dd789dea5ddc4e3c54b6af8abae64/17756267/5d8fa52e?uri=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucGF5cGFsLmNvbS9jZ2ktY mluL3dlYnNjcj9jbWQ9JTVGcyUyRHhjbGljayZob3N0ZWQlNUZ idXR0b24lNUZpZD1aR1g5WkE2NENVS0oy) again...

chiapet
09-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Awesome, thanks Edward.

Vasoline Groove
09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know how to buy tickets to a show at the Factory? Its at 525 Harrison (under the bridge). The Rapture is playing there on October 8th, with a bunch of other people, but I can't figure out how to buy a ticket.

I went there for NYE last year with Farina which was alright. Kinda a weird place/vibe/crowd. Definitely shitty beer selection - only dos equis if I remember correctly. But the new Rapture Album is fucking brilliant so I really want to check them out again.

Thanks in advance.

sbessiso
09-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Pretty excited for Plump DJs tonight!!!

RoyaleWithCheese
09-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know how to buy tickets to a show at the Factory? Its at 525 Harrison (under the bridge). The Rapture is playing there on October 8th, with a bunch of other people, but I can't figure out how to buy a ticket.

I went there for NYE last year with Farina which was alright. Kinda a weird place/vibe/crowd. Definitely shitty beer selection - only dos equis if I remember correctly. But the new Rapture Album is fucking brilliant so I really want to check them out again.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.eventbee.com/v/blowupforeverii

chiapet
09-24-2011, 06:28 PM
The Atom show is starting to look unlikely for me. Have company (who aren't interested) & feel a sake/sushi coma coming on.... hrmmm.

nocigarettes
09-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Pretty excited for Plump DJs tonight!!!

look out for me, i'll be wearing my long, tiger print shirt!!!!

zachyd
09-25-2011, 08:39 AM
just purchased a last-minute TV on the Radio ticket for two days away for under face because all the scalpers are panicking and realizing they bought too many floor tix up and now have to sell them for super cheap.

plus I couldn't stand to hear my friends brag about the show after, so I'll just go to prevent that. :D

I've never seen them live before!

Vasoline Groove
09-25-2011, 09:00 AM
http://www.eventbee.com/v/blowupforeverii

Thanks buddy!

guedita
09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
How were the Plumps and how was Atom for those who went?

shakermaker113
09-25-2011, 01:42 PM
they were really good! I think I prefered the opening dj though. didn't figure out who that was. didn't catch much of plaza de funk unfortunately, since he was on after the plumps and we were all a little tired at that point.

anyone headed to ladytron tonight, set times - doors at 7, DJ Omar until Polaris at Noon (7:50), Sonoio (8:40), Ladytron at 9:40

nocigarettes
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM
i agree, the DJ before Plumps was good. Plump DJs definitely need to return to Coachella or actually get booked at Bonnaroo. I went crazy on the dancefloor. great seeing a bunch of older ravers checking out Plump DJs.

sbessiso
09-25-2011, 07:13 PM
look out for me, i'll be wearing my long, tiger print shirt!!!!

wait....do you have long hair???

Plumps were incredible last night!!!! Such a great time

dorkfish
09-26-2011, 11:54 AM
10/02 - Beirut @ Indy SF: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/67791 on sale now

xanman86
09-26-2011, 12:24 PM
From last nights show

9jslWsKDHWw

sbessiso
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Got shut out of beck tickets!! My bf tried as soon as they went on sale and could only pull singles but not two together. What the fuck is up with that??? Really infuriating

chiapet
09-26-2011, 02:05 PM
What did you record that with? I thought you were using your phone... surprised how clear it is.

xanman86
09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
What did you record that with? I thought you were using your phone... surprised how clear it is.

I brought one of those HD Flip cameras. I wish I also brought my normal camera since we were so close!

chiapet
09-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Ahh, nice! I hadn't seen one of those in action yet. It looked just like a phone, I imagine that's perfect for getting past security checks in venues that are more aggressive about checking.

xanman86
09-26-2011, 02:54 PM
You know, I have had a lot of trouble with it actually. I guess as soon as they se a flip in the air they feel they have to get me to stop, but a camera with the same quality is fine. Of course the security who stops me are not intelligent enough to understand how silly it is.

guedita
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
The ICEE HOTT party this Saturday at Public Works (MARTYN, Bok Bok, Girl Unit) won't just be in the loft area, it looks like they'll be using the entire venue.

nocigarettes
09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
wait....do you have long hair???

Plumps were incredible last night!!!! Such a great time

yup i have long black hair. i had a couple hair bands attached. i'm not familiar with anyone on here via facebook besides daft$tar and Feather, so just add me if you wish http://www.facebook.com/shenenehjenkins

shakermaker113
09-26-2011, 05:24 PM
10/02 - Beirut @ Indy SF: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/67791 on sale now

god dammit.

zachyd
09-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Anyone know who's opening for TV on the Radio at the Fox tomorrow?

zimmy1222
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Well, my gf just sprung the news that we're going to Amon on Sunday. Sweet! who else?

wmgaretjax
09-26-2011, 09:40 PM
avey tare pre sales for oakland/santa cruz are up at folk yeah's blog.

normal on sale is wednesday at noon.

kyleuga
09-26-2011, 10:02 PM

sold out pretty quick, very excited for this

gbgbgb
09-27-2011, 02:51 PM
could they be doing less to promote the soulwax show?

chiapet
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Mountains is performing at the Hemlock tomorrow -- LOVE the album (Air Museum) and if I weren't headed out of town, I'd go.

Wheres the beef?
09-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Anything going on the weekend of 10/22 or 10/8?

edit: Oh Rebel Rave with Damian Lazarus, Art Department and Droog on 10/22.

Perfect.

chiapet
09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Ryan - 10/21 is... Portishead, Rebel Rave, Four Tet, ... I think there are a couple of other shows that night too.

on 10/7 there is a free dirtybird party, and also Tiger & Woods.

guedita
09-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Are you coming to visit!?!

Wheres the beef?
09-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Portishead?????????????

Wheres the beef?
09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
If I went, I wouldn't get there in time for Portishead. I'm seeing them in LA twice anways. I'm eyeing that Rebel Rave, however.

chiapet
09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Uhm, yea, Portishead.. at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley (beautiful venue). Some of us are going to Rebel Rave afterwards.

I think the Portishead show is sold out but it looks like there are at least a couple of people on CL selling for reasonable prices (the tickets were like $80ish I think).

Edited: Rebelrave is at a late night venue, arriving at/after midnight would be fine.

zachyd
09-28-2011, 12:23 AM
TV on the Radio were killer. Hopefully I can find a setlist. They played very powerfully. I was like 3rd row center. Too bad the crowd took half the show to get into it, but once they were into it, the band had them for the rest of the night.

ELECtROjan
09-28-2011, 02:27 AM
could they be doing less to promote the soulwax show?

srsly

gbgbgb
09-28-2011, 08:25 AM
I would think soulwax would sell 500 tickets the first day they went on sale. Must not be as big as I thought with the 21+ crowd.

guedita
09-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, it's crazy that people aren't chomping at the bit for a $35 ticket to a 55 minute long show for a band that has absolutely no new material.

gbgbgb
09-28-2011, 10:35 AM
i get your point but that doesnt mean its not gonna be a good show. im going to go out on a limb and say that youve seen the same act more than once before. i mean ive seen deadmau5 like 6x this year and it never gets old ;-)

Sepnir
09-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Spider Ball 2011: FreQ Nasty, VibeSquad, AnTenNae, DJ Laura +++
October 29th, 2011
10pm - 4am
The Bently Reserve
400 Sansome St
San Francisco, CA
21+

http://www.SpiderBall.com/

zimmy1222
09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
has there been any talk of 2manydjs playing anywhere while soulwax is here? That would be great. someone with connects needs to make that happen.

sbessiso
09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah aren't they playing this years crappy version of spookfest at mez?

CrystalCastlesFreak
09-28-2011, 04:49 PM
DJ Shadow- 10/20, Catalyst

Yay for having a Santa Cruz show.

shakermaker113
09-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Yeah, it's crazy that people aren't chomping at the bit for a $35 ticket to a 55 minute long show for a band that has absolutely no new material.

bwahaha.

dorkfish
09-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah aren't they playing this years crappy version of spookfest at mez?
headlining it at the Grand Regency.

zimmy1222
09-29-2011, 10:52 AM
It appears that Freaker's Ball is on again on the 29th as well in SF..

jackstraw94086
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Shame on you for not putting that in Pot's thread.

zimmy1222
09-29-2011, 07:33 PM
thought about it.

kyleuga
10-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Anyone else go to Beirut last night at the Indy?

Wow, that was special. Capped off an amazing weekend.

BigBryan
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
11/25 and 11/26/11 Latyrx (Lyrics Born + Lateef) @ Independent SF

chiapet
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
So, Dum Dum Girls tonight?

GeezrRckr
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
En route. There by 930ish.

chiapet
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Omar S at Public Works... have we posted about that yet?
Omar S / Jackmaster / Shawn Reynaldo / Rollie Fingers - Public Works - Oct 28

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131618226938199

sbessiso
10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I want more nasty break beats. Someone please help

zimmy1222
10-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I want more nasty break beats. Someone please help

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125281010875205

CrystalCastlesFreak
10-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Sasha- 10/28 Ruby Skye

ELECtROjan
10-04-2011, 10:14 PM

if you weren't there to hear it when it was new, can it even be considered old?

Vasoline Groove
10-05-2011, 09:40 AM
DDG were pretty good last night. There were definitely some technical difficulties but overall they sounded pretty tight and Dee Dee definitely has some vocal chops.

But it wouldn't hurt them to look like they are having more fun on stage. If a band is looking like they are having a good time it probably helps the audience have a better time as well. The bassist for sure looked like the last place she wanted to be was on the stage.

chiapet
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM
^^ Yea, seriously they seemed to be having the most fun during the cover of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out. The bassist was awfully surly looking.

ManImCool
10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
$20
http://rubyskye.com/flyers/111811_martin.jpg

guedita
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
This isn't ravelinks you fucking dope. Don't post flyers. No one gives a shit.

ManImCool
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry, I thought this was the thread for announced shows in San Francisco. I missed the "no posting flyers" rule. If you could point me in the right direction of the rules regarding this thread I'll apologize to you. My bad.

Edit: Above and Beyond is also playing Ruby Skye next Thursday 10/13. This forum won't let you search for common words like Above and Beyond so I have no idea if it's been announced here yet.

sbessiso
10-05-2011, 11:20 AM
jesus cara....meeow

guedita
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I mean, look at that fucking headband.

Ross1492
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
HELLO!!

chiapet
10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Com'on, just put a person on ignore and move on. :)

fikus222
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
This Sunday, for Fleet Week, there's a free outdoor party on Treasure Island from Noon - 8pm. The line-up is somewhat cheesy, but the air show starts at 12:30, which would make for a unique dance experience.

INFO (http://www.donovansf.com/FleetWeek2011.htm)

jackstraw94086
10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
FOR FOLKS WHO WANT A FREE TICKET TO GHOST SHIP

https://evbdn.eventbrite.com/s3-s3/eventlogos/13045089/gsweb1a-1.jpg
they're in need of volunteers for the build. There is the ship itself, the River Styx (you'll never guess what it'll be made of), and a plethora of other art pieces being built. There is also opportunities to work the event itself.

There will be 6 soundstages including the mainroom ship, the unimog, and a Funktion One room, 40+ DJs (yeah mostly from "da bay, yo" for all those who are offended by that). Over 3000 tix sold already.

A commitment ~ 8 hours requested in order to obtain free entry, but I think that might vary depending on what task you are volunteering for, whether it be build tasks that begin Monday or the event itself.

if you're interested PM me and I'll direct you to who you can contact.