PDA

View Full Version : Just announced shows in San Francisco

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

chiapet
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Why had they moved it from Bill Graham in the first place? It wasn't a very good venue, but at least it's central and easy to get to with public transit.

I'd actually been thinking about calling in some teenaged cousins for NSSN this year, but there's no way I'm going to San Jose with a carload of kids.

Egull
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM
12/08 - No Age @ New Parish, Oakland
02/04 - Little Dragon @ Indy SF
02/05 - Little Dragon @ Indy SF

I know its super early, but any idea when the Little Dragon shows go on sale?

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Not So Silent Night Lineup...

http://live105.radio.com/2010/11/01/not-so-silent-night-2010-lineup/

Pumpkins
My Chemical Romance
Phoenix
The Black Keys
Broken Bells

HP Pavilion Dec 10

Pretty good lineup, would've rather had another act besides My Chemical Romance though. I'm stoked about it being in SJ, a lot closer to Santa Cruz.

dorkfish
11-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Mogwai on sale: http://goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=29828

Swans on sale: http://goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=29753

zimmy1222
11-01-2010, 11:00 AM
holy shit, san jose is not that fucking far. boo hoo, you have to drive 45 minutes to go to a show, I do double that every time I go to a show.

dorkfish
11-01-2010, 11:08 AM
01/28 - Deerhoof with Nervous Cop, Ben Butler and Mousepad @ GAMH

Nervous Cop could be amazing, if it's all the members.

GeezrRckr
11-01-2010, 11:13 AM
^just ordered my ticket to that. fuck yeah!

Deerhoof is just amazing live. Can't recommend them (Deerhoof) enough.

dorkfish
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Nervous Cop absolutely should have both Joanna Newsom and Zach Hill, as well.

GeezrRckr
11-01-2010, 11:26 AM
c'mon...that's a pipe dream, eh?

dorkfish
11-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Nervous Cop is only playing the California shows. And 2 of the guys in Nervous Cop should already be touring with Deerhoof. So it would be odd for them to not do Nervous Cop for the whole tour, unless the added guests were key to the performance...

GeezrRckr
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
i'm thinking mostly of Joanna...but, really, how could they even play their stuff without her? this is quite intriguing.

EDIT: Brad, most of those dates you posted in the shows thread show them w/Nervous Cop, not just CA. what gives?

chiapet
11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
holy shit, san jose is not that fucking far. boo hoo, you have to drive 45 minutes to go to a show, I do double that every time I go to a show.

Lots of us in SF have no car... it is pretty much impossible to get to venues in the south bay without a car, whereas it's not difficult at all to get to Bill Graham on public transit.

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any act that would make me rent a car and drive all the way to SJ.

zimmy1222
11-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Lots of us in SF have no car... it is pretty much impossible to get to venues in the south bay without a car, whereas it's not difficult at all to get to Bill Graham on public transit.

isn't the hp pavilion across the street from the caltrain station? lol, pretty sure.

Regardless, let's be realistic, it is NOT even close to impossible. Yeah, you could find reasons that it may not be ideal, but 'pretty much impossible' is silly.

drive all the way to SJ.

this is just hilarious to me.

xanman86
11-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any act that would make me rent a car and drive all the way to SJ.

It's time to make friend's with someone who owns a car LOL

chiapet
11-01-2010, 12:34 PM
isn't the hp pavilion across the street from the caltrain station? lol, pretty sure.

Regardless, let's be realistic, it is NOT even close to impossible. Yeah, you could find reasons that it may not be ideal, but 'pretty much impossible' is silly.

Okay you got me - I forgot that there is a caltrain station like 1/4 mi away.

So (for example for me) that still means a 30-45 min bus ride, followed by either a 10 minute train ride or 20 minute walk to Caltrain, followed by a 60-75 minute Caltrain ride.

And since the last train back to SF leaves San Jose at 10:30PM on Fridays, as I have already explained, it IS actually fucking impossible to take public transit to a show of this type in San Jose.

Unless you think that over 4 hours public transit round trip -- to leave the show before 10:30 is reasonable.

I stand by my statement that there is nothing that could provide me with sufficient incentive to go to a show there :)

zimmy1222
11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
lol, you wouldn't go see Prince if he only played @ the HP Pavilion up here? Fair enough.

Oh, you would?

Hm, how would you get there? It's fucking impossible, you say? Damn.

(btw, i said nothing about public transit being possible or impossible, i just said it was NOT impossible to get to San Jose without your own vehicle, nor did i say anything about reasonability, I did say that it would probably be less than ideal. Which is what you're saying, so... nice one)

thefrush
11-01-2010, 12:44 PM

But, but, we have Arco and The Boardwalk!

/sarcasm

chiapet
11-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Actually, I would not go see Prince at the HP Pavilion. The idea of such an occurrence is soul-destroying. I hate the place in addition to it being very inconveniently located.

Mind you, I'm not supporting Bill Graham either, and haven't been to NSSN in years. :)

I do wish Caltrain ran reasonable hours on the weekend/nights -- both for me to get to stuff down there and for you guys to have better options to come up here. I wouldn't go to the HP fucking Pavilion, but maybe I would visit my friends more often. ;)

As it is, you have to either bail very early or be prepared to spend the night with someone. We used to say that of Oakland too (that you had to have close friends in the east bay or be willing to sleep around), but at least BART runs after midnight and AC transit has some service all night.

guedita
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I saw the Dixie Chicks at the HP Pavilion.

Three times.

dorkfish
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
i'm thinking mostly of Joanna...but, really, how could they even play their stuff without her? this is quite intriguing.

EDIT: Brad, most of those dates you posted in the shows thread show them w/Nervous Cop, not just CA. what gives?
Yeah, I misread it, badly.

zimmy1222
11-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Actually, I would not go see Prince at the HP Pavilion. The idea of such an occurrence is soul-destroying. I hate the place in addition to it being very inconveniently located.

Mind you, I'm not supporting Bill Graham either, and haven't been to NSSN in years. :)

I do wish Caltrain ran reasonable hours on the weekend/nights -- both for me to get to stuff down there and for you guys to have better options to come up here. I wouldn't go to the HP fucking Pavilion, but maybe I would visit my friends more often. ;)

As it is, you have to either bail very early or be prepared to spend the night with someone. We used to say that of Oakland too (that you had to have close friends in the east bay or be willing to sleep around), but at least BART runs after midnight and AC transit has some service all night.

You would too....

wmgaretjax
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Shut the fuck up dude. No one cares.

fikus222
11-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I've only seen 1 show in a hockey arena (NIN Fagile tour in Phoenix), how are the acoustics at the HP Pavillion?

Also, it's no use arguing with someone who lives in SF about transiting to shows.

GeezrRckr
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Shut the fuck up dude. No one cares.

Also, it's no use arguing with someone who lives in SF about transiting to shows.
these two summed it up for me pretty well. futile argument.

may we move on now, please.....

BigBryan
11-01-2010, 02:14 PM
havent seen this one mentioned, but
JAZZ MAFIA-10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Realistic Orchestra
Latryx
Also Performing:
The Shotgun
Wedding outlet
Brass Mafia
Joe Bagale
Teeko
Dublin
Crystal Monee
@ Mezzanine 11/13
Id LOVE to see Latryx live!

chiapet
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Yea, the commuting to shows thing is more of a "The SF thread" sort of topic, that's overtalked anyway. I just am becoming resentful that the Live 105 shows *could* be good and always fall flat due to a combination of poor venue, poor booking, insanely long security lines and/or crappy crowds.

dorkfish
11-01-2010, 02:27 PM
12/13 - New Year's Eve with Rebirth Brass Band @ Indy SF

Mr. Dylanja
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I saw the Dixie Chicks at the HP Pavilion.

Three times.

:pulse

I've only seen 1 show in a hockey arena (NIN Fagile tour in Phoenix), how are the acoustics at the HP Pavillion?

To be fair, that arena was built for basketball.

Also, that was one helluva show!

aphrael
11-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Okay you got me - I forgot that there is a caltrain station like 1/4 mi away.

So (for example for me) that still means a 30-45 min bus ride, followed by either a 10 minute train ride or 20 minute walk to Caltrain, followed by a 60-75 minute Caltrain ride.

And since the last train back to SF leaves San Jose at 10:30PM on Fridays, as I have already explained, it IS actually fucking impossible to take public transit to a show of this type in San Jose.

Unless you think that over 4 hours public transit round trip -- to leave the show before 10:30 is reasonable.

I stand by my statement that there is nothing that could provide me with sufficient incentive to go to a show there :)

Impossible is still an overstatement - vta runs a night bus, along the 22 route, and samtrans runs a night bus from palo alto to the city and vice-versa.

A royal pain in the ass, totally unjustified except in extreme circumstances? yes. impossible, no.

xanman86
11-01-2010, 03:11 PM
A royal pain in the ass, totally unjustified except in extreme circumstances? yes. impossible, no.

It's not so impossible! :-D

aphrael
11-01-2010, 03:57 PM
It's not so impossible! :-D

Back when I lived in Santa Cruz, I used to go to shows in San Jose and take the 2Am Amtrak bus back over the hill. I also once stayed at a hotel downtown so I could see Simon & Garfunkel.

But ... navigating around the bay after midnight is a pain, and not to be done on a whim.

aphrael
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

I've seen a total of two shows there (S&G, Leonard Cohen). The acoustics were fine; it seems like a nice venue for a large show. It's a hell of a lot better than the Shoreline, which is its only real competition in the south bay.

Geno_g
11-01-2010, 04:00 PM
To be fair, that arena was built for basketball.

Basketball? The only basketball that gets played at the shark tank is the Harlem Globetrotters, it's a hockey arena...

fikus222
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Basketball? The only basketball that gets played at the shark tank is the Harlem Globetrotters, it's a hockey arena...

We were talking about Phoenix ;)

Vasoline Groove
11-01-2010, 08:29 PM
So a great weekend of shows to finish up a great month of shows.

Janelle Monae/Of Montreal at the Warfield was phenomenal. I can't say enough about the sound in that place. That was probably the best sounding venue I have been to in a long time. Really strong bass and very well mixed. Janelle Monae was much stronger than the All shook down show. The band was tight until the end when it seemed like they ran out of gas. They played for close to an hour, so it felt like almost seeing a double headlining set. Of Montreal have really gotten stronger as a live band. That was the tightest I have ever heard them play, and I have seen them 4 times before. And the fucking bass on Pleasure Puss was throbbing my pleasure puss! I can't wait to see another show at the Warfield because it just sounded so good. Plus I found a great cheap sushi place nearby which will be in the mix for the next show. The only thing that I can complain about at the Warfield was the $7 beers. A person can go broke going to all these shows. Next time, I might have to smuggle in some bourbon or something.

So we tried to get into the Ninjatune party at 12 when Of Montreal was over, but there was a line around the block. That sucked, but at least I didnt pay for a ticket and we were able to catch the last train home to East Bay. I can't complain, although my roommate said he saw Kid Koala and he was world class. But I did see Koala about a year ago do a headline set, so its not that big of a loss.

Gorillaz on Saturday were great as well. That was the most enthused stadium crowd that I have ever seen (not including jamband shows where everyone seems just too excited). I got some of the cheap seats and they were still great seats. The sound was pretty good there too but not up to the Warfield level. I can't wait to see Roger Waters there in a couple months. Again, expensive beers in the club level, $12 24 ounce good beers, but at least I could drink some good beers instead of drinking swill. Gotta love the Bay!

I hope that everyone else had a rocking month of shows. My month definitely ended well, after starting with a lackluster Flaming Lips show to start off the month. I'm definitely taking the month of November off from shows, while my body and bank account recovers. Next stop a December to Remember and Primus Sucks!

zimmy1222
11-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm definitely taking the month of November off from shows, while my body and bank account recovers.

I wish I could do this, damn temptations.

fikus222
11-02-2010, 09:22 AM
As of right now the only tickets in my possession are for a couple of Pac-Ten Football games. I don't think I'm going to hit 45 shows this year for the first time in 4 years. I can almost feel the withdrawal symptoms beginning to manifest already.

jackstraw94086
11-02-2010, 09:36 AM
So we tried to get into the Ninjatune party at 12 when Of Montreal was over, but there was a line around the block. That sucked, but at least I didnt pay for a ticket and we were able to catch the last train home to East Bay. I can't complain, although my roommate said he saw Kid Koala and he was world class. But I did see Koala about a year ago do a headline set, so its not that big of a loss.

kid koala kinda sucked IMO, but I was never a big fan of his schtick.

Amon Tobin's set was unfuckingbecredible. fucking hell.

A-Ron
11-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Amon Tobin killed, I agree. Was a great night until my wallet got stolen.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-02-2010, 11:56 AM
i've been to 1015 a million times but jesus christ amon tobin was the loudest thing i've ever heard

Fourthisto
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I was planning on visiting again in a month, but as they are wont to do, plans have changed on me and now I have a pair of tickets to sell < cost for both Einstürzende Neubauten shows. That's 12/3 @ the Filmore & 12/4 @ Slim's. So if anyone knows of anyone looking for tickets to either of those, I'll cut them a deal that'd be better than buying from the box office, and we could do some legit eBay transaction so it wouldn't be some shady deal with some dude with 300 posts on a message board. :) Just throwing it out there before I try and push them elsewhere.

jackstraw94086
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
This was Amon's set from NY the night before SF.
uxHHJWwJYtc
bPNEcCL_90Q
87Tfr4tYR5Y
FHdBxRdpLGo
Veo9g1USZuA
shQwyCfVE3c
UEmxIu2k7iw
U3sCZCFztu0

Vasoline Groove
11-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Amon Tobin killed, I agree. Was a great night until my wallet got stolen.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to seeing Amon Tobin but no such luck. Maybe we'll get lucky and he will play Chella this year.

Did anyone catch DJ Food's set? That was the one I wanted to see the most.

Thanks for posting those vids, Jackstraw. I'm plugging in my headphones and jamming out to them while waiting on a beer at the Phoenix airport.

Sorry to hear about your wallet, A-ron. Thats a big bummer.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I saw DJ Food and DK, they were dope. I was tripping kinda hard so, you know, my review might be a little sketchy, but they were dope. They got into some DnB towards the end of their set which was pretty awesome.

I caught some of Toddla T in the front room, he was killing it too

zimmy1222
11-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Yes yes yes... Amon destroyed that room. so good. AND ill gates was throwin in down upstairs.

jackstraw94086
11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I saw DJ Food and DK, they were dope. I was tripping kinda hard so, you know, my review might be a little sketchy, but they were dope. They got into some DnB towards the end of their set which was pretty awesome.

I caught some of Toddla T in the front room, he was killing it too

DJ Food's set was all over the place. Basically a best hits remix tour through the catalogue. I think I counted 3 different remixes of Terrorist.
I loved the whole fucking set.

I wasn't so much into Toddla T.
Apparently he's been a nightmare on this tour. Word has it they had to have hotel staff dismantle the door to his room that morning in NY and physically drag him out of bed to get him on his plane to SF.

TEE-EEE-AHR-AHR-OHH-AHR-IST

Trick Loves The Kids
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Ahaha I totally forgot Ill Gates played. I was on drugs, I seriously got lost in 1015. I was trying to find my friend and I kept walking through the wrong door and ending up on the opposite side of the club from where I wanted to be. That was a great party, it was sick to have a huge night at 1015 that wasn't entirely grating dubstep for once.

sbessiso
11-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Trick, one day I will find you and give you the biggest and best bear hug. Youve been warned

guedita
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
$10 presale tickets to James Zabiela at Mighty are sold out but you can get $15 ones.

http://www.opelproductions.com/archives/000304.php

jackstraw94086
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Ahaha I totally forgot Ill Gates played. I was on drugs, I seriously got lost in 1015. I was trying to find my friend and I kept walking through the wrong door and ending up on the opposite side of the club from where I wanted to be. That was a great party, it was sick to have a huge night at 1015 that wasn't entirely grating dubstep for once.

ill.gates and amon tobin played at the same time. super lame.

I saw dylan spin the night before though at the miike snow dj set show at public works. (btw miike snow dj set is a complete fucking joke. They just start/stop the beatport top 10 from 2 years ago)

jackstraw94086
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
$10 presale tickets to James Zabiela at Mighty are sold out but you can get $15 ones.

http://www.opelproductions.com/archives/000304.php

where's the link to get paid $15 to see zabiela?
If you can find that for me I'd think about it.

guedita
11-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I would not have pegged you as a Zabiela hater.

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Hmm, looks like I may need to hit up Laidback Luke's set at Ruby Skye on Jan 1st.

Vasoline Groove
11-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Damn, sounds like the DJ Food sets and Amon Tobin sets were can't miss. Lets hope its not another 20 years before they get their ass back to SF.

zimmy1222
11-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Mr. Ozio - 12/3 - 103 Harriet

gbgbgb
11-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Is 103 Harriet 18+? Hope so for my borthers sake... ^ is going to be so awesome.

Vasoline Groove
11-03-2010, 02:54 PM

This sounds good. If I don't score tickets to Roger Waters that night, this is a great secondary situation. Especially since its on my Birthday weekend!

jackstraw94086
11-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Is 103 Harriet 18+? Hope so for my borthers sake... ^ is going to be so awesome.

nuh-uh

gbgbgb
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
^Thanks

jackstraw94086
11-03-2010, 03:07 PM
I would not have pegged you as a Zabiela hater.

http://partiesandnightlife.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/zabiela.jpg

guedita
11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'm jealous of his hair too.

jackstraw94086
11-04-2010, 01:04 PM
it's just so fucking puhrty.

dorkfish
11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
01/01 - Pinback @ Bottom of the Hill

dorkfish
11-04-2010, 03:49 PM
01/20 - Tobacco @ New Parish Oakland

ELECtROjan
11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
where's the link to get paid $15 to see zabiela?
If you can find that for me I'd think about it.

http://jameszabiela.eventbrite.com/

ELECtROjan
11-04-2010, 05:56 PM

WOW. $16.... done

http://120310-mroizo.eventbrite.com/

er. He had to cancel HARD HM due to visa issues. I wonder if he'll have his shit figured out by then.

and its Oizo...

Geno_g
11-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Damn Ozio and James Z, fuck yeah...

zimmy1222
11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
The promoter that posted it said enthusiastically that he was confirmed to play, announced post halloween too. Sounds like he's comin no matta what.

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-04-2010, 06:45 PM
12/2- Wu-Tang Clan, Mezzanine

ELECtROjan
11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
this could be good.

http://rubyskye.com/flyers/112010_moguai.jpg

fikus222
11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
this could be good.

http://rubyskye.com/flyers/112010_moguai.jpg

I automatically mistrust anything with mau5 in it.

chiapet
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
^^ same

ELECtROjan
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I trust the label more than I do him.. Example A) FEED ME aka legendary DnB star SPOR
fyh5k605m3E

rEuqysh10HE

NhG-t2eCYsE

pete tong played one of this guys songs and it sounded like old mau5 with an edge. meaning good.

GeezrRckr
11-04-2010, 11:44 PM
01/20 - Tobacco @ New Parish Oakland
hmm...this could be interesting. has anyone ever seen him before? just wondering what kind of set he does live.

wow, that venue is becoming the experimental haven, eh.

GeezrRckr
11-04-2010, 11:50 PM
it sounded like old mau5 with an edge. meaning good.
word. circa 2008. rolling old skool, yo.

fikus222
11-05-2010, 06:33 AM
hmm...this could be interesting. has anyone ever seen him before? just wondering what kind of set he does live.

Saw 'em at Sasquatch 2 years ago. It was 2 peeps from BMSR and was pretty cool. I like the new album too and I'm thinking of going to the show as well.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-05-2010, 09:14 AM
OIZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vasoline Groove
11-05-2010, 10:16 AM

Yeah, I saw him at Sasquatch too, and thought the show was great. Heavy on the Bass! Should be a good show.

GeezrRckr
11-05-2010, 10:58 AM
sweet. i'm going to that. thx.

dorkfish
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Independent is switching from Ticketweb to Ticketfly. Currently, it appears that only the new shows will be able from Ticketfly, but this is good for consumers, because the service fees are relatively fair.

gbgbgb
11-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Ive never been to 103 before but know that i need to go for oizo. how does 103 work? if i buy tickets before hand can i just show up whenever i want and walk in? does anyone have any kind of guess as to when he will come on? if i get there later on will i have any issues with seeing/hearing/being a part of his set?

sorry for the laundry list of ?s but any help would be greatly appreciated.

gbgbgb
11-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Girl Talk friday 3/18/2010 @ Fox

guedita
11-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Ive never been to 103 before but know that i need to go for oizo. how does 103 work? if i buy tickets before hand can i just show up whenever i want and walk in? does anyone have any kind of guess as to when he will come on? if i get there later on will i have any issues with seeing/hearing/being a part of his set?

sorry for the laundry list of ?s but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, like most places in the city they have will-call. Headliners come on around 11:30/midnight. It's a club, you won't have a problem hearing his set or seeing it.

thefrush
11-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Anybody going to PANTyRAiD at 103 Harriet next Friday?

GnarVee
11-06-2010, 12:23 PM
fer sure on OIZO!

zimmy1222
11-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Anybody going to PANTyRAiD at 103 Harriet next Friday?

absolutely

edit: ma/thievery tonight! : )

BigBryan
11-06-2010, 01:56 PM

probably count me in for this one

MUSTACHEFACTORY
11-06-2010, 08:02 PM

yeh me too. . . . . .let me just get meh time machine. . . . .

fikus222
11-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Well, going to Girl Talk is backwards as it is.

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-07-2010, 08:36 AM
I had a blast catching Dada Life at Motiv in Santa Cruz last night. Can't go wrong catching them in my home town at my favorite nightclub. The low point of the night though was having some guy throw up on me. I tried to get out of the way in time as I saw it coming, but wasn't successfull =(. Next up: Brandon Flowers.

thefrush
11-07-2010, 09:40 AM
^^ That would have been rad. I miss Santa Cruz venues...

aphrael
11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
^^ That would have been rad. I miss Santa Cruz venues...

Santa Cruz venues just haven't been the same since Palookaville closed.

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Motiv has had some good acts: Dada Life, Felix Cartal, Afghan Raiders, Designer Drugs, etc. Can't go wrong seeing Dada for free last night too :D

ELECtROjan
11-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Dada Life was surprisingly good at Spookfest. Those guys are going to be BIG

sbessiso
11-07-2010, 11:34 AM
hmmm i dont remember dada life

bballarl
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Who all is going to Pains of Being Pure at Heart/Weekend on Tuesday?

chiapet
11-07-2010, 12:23 PM
<----

guedita
11-07-2010, 01:49 PM
ALL ORIGINAL Wu Tang Clan at Mezzanine on December 2nd.

http://therebirthtoursf.eventbrite.com/

chiapet
11-07-2010, 01:51 PM

Zombie ODB?

BigBryan
11-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Mezzanine is is a cool enough of a smallish club to make this a cool show, but $40 is a bit much. I just saw them do Enter the 36 Chambers at RTB WITH "ODB jr," and it doesnt look like he's a part of this. Ill prob pass.

Snapper
11-07-2010, 02:11 PM

Zombie ODB?
oh snap!

thefrush
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM
absolutely

Should I be worried about it selling out or will I not have a problem showing up late and buying a ticket at the door? Never been to 103 Harriet...

BigBryan
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
CLUB NSSN 2010 just announced moments ago! THE TEMPER TRAP, SLEIGH BELLS, THE LIMOUSINES, A SILENT FILM, DJ Aaron Axelsen... THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9 at MEZZANINE! tix on sale tomorrow at 10m at snagtickets.com

fikus222
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
:puke

chiapet
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Hahaha. I actually like that line-up :)

GnarVee
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
^same...

love the limos n the trap.

fikus222
11-07-2010, 09:06 PM
It's a pretty stacked line-up, but I stand by my :puke

zimmy1222
11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Should I be worried about it selling out or will I not have a problem showing up late and buying a ticket at the door? Never been to 103 Harriet...

I don't think it will be an issue. I don't know what late means to you, but showing up @11:30-1:00 might get you in a little line, but it shouldn't sell out, most an-ten-nae shows don't @ 103. Especially since it's not advertised as a 1015 party.

chiapet
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
It's a pretty stacked line-up, but I stand by my :puke

They're just going to come through town every couple of months to make you http://coachella.com/forum_images/puke-smiley.gif

thefrush
11-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't think it will be an issue. I don't know what late means to you, but showing up @11:30-1:00 might get you in a little line, but it shouldn't sell out, most an-ten-nae shows don't @ 103. Especially since it's not advertised as a 1015 party.

Right on, perfect. When would you expect Pantyraid to go on? Website has the event scheduled til 7AM, is that realistic?

zimmy1222
11-08-2010, 12:59 AM
uhm, not really. some shows go on til 7, but they have way more artists than scheduled for friday. i'd say pantyraid is on at 1, show til 4

chiapet
11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
CLUB NSSN 2010 just announced moments ago! THE TEMPER TRAP, SLEIGH BELLS, THE LIMOUSINES, A SILENT FILM, DJ Aaron Axelsen... THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9 at MEZZANINE! tix on sale tomorrow at 10m at snagtickets.com

$20 + $5 fee right now... steep... I'm in though because I wanna see all of those.

Vasoline Groove
11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Ween posted this recently - West Coast tour-

Fri, Jan 28, Fox, Oakland, CA

Its nice to be able to break a show on this board. It makes me feel like a contributor. ;)

dorkfish
11-08-2010, 10:21 AM
niiiiiiiiice

seyrnon
11-08-2010, 10:21 AM
that's awesome
totally there

GeezrRckr
11-08-2010, 10:26 AM
same night as Deerhoof. fail.

fikus222
11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I haven't found a show to get excited about since October :(

ErikFlyingV
11-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Swans.

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Definitely gonna hit up club NSSN as well. Sleigh Bells!!! Should be fun catching Temper Trap again as well.

sbessiso
11-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Swans.

WuDP7c3Zd8I

chiapet
11-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Argh, I keep forgetting to listen to Grinderman

wmgaretjax
11-08-2010, 01:59 PM
so fucking excited to see nick cave again.

GeezrRckr
11-08-2010, 01:59 PM
i didn't know you were going to that. floor tix?

sbessiso
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
I just MIGHT have to find you and say Hi.

wmgaretjax
11-08-2010, 02:05 PM
i didn't know you were going to that. floor tix?

hell yes.

GeezrRckr
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
is V coming as well?

wmgaretjax
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
nah, not her thing really. doing this one solo.

GeezrRckr
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
well it's a good thing that Mitchell Bros is just around the corner.

wmgaretjax
11-08-2010, 02:11 PM
hahaha. yeah, there is that.

chiapet
11-08-2010, 02:13 PM
No love for Crazy Horse, huh? (Isn't Grinderman at the Warfield?)

Down Rodeo
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
so fucking excited to see nick cave again.

So fucking excited to see Nick Cave for the first time.

sbessiso
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM
So fucking excited to see Nick Cave for the first time.

THIS.

Much like Prince, never in my life did I think I would get such an opportunity. Especially living in Miami. CANT WAIT!

dorkfish
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
01/20 - The Wailers perform 'Uprising' @ Indy SF

HandBanana
11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at Warfield oct 08 was one of the best shows Ive ever seen.

Down Rodeo
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at Warfield oct 08 was one of the best shows Ive ever seen.

I still hate myself for missing that show.

dorkfish
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I always end up forgetting how leather-loving the crowd is at Nick Cave shows until I'm in the line to get in.

bballarl
11-08-2010, 04:08 PM
When is the Grinderman show? Also, anyone else besides Heidi and myself going to Pains of Being Pure at Heart/Weekend tomorrow?

wmgaretjax
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
11/29.

dorkfish
11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Did anyone ever mention the Sade Oakland/San Jose shows?

Thu 25 San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion, USA

Sat 27 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena, USA

chiapet
11-08-2010, 08:31 PM
.... In august of next year? :)

I wish she were playing places I didn't dislike so much.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Is Oracle better than HP because HP blows hard

BigBryan
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Mayer Hawthorne's show at Bimbo's is sold out, but he's doing a DJ set @ PST (this Thursday) which is now at Eve lounge and is FREE. I haven't been back to a PST since they moved from 330 Rich. I might have to come out for this one.

GeezrRckr
11-08-2010, 11:22 PM
holy shit balls!!!!!!!

2/19 - Gang of Four/Fillmore

onsale this Sunday.

chiapet
11-09-2010, 06:44 AM
^^ same night as the GY!BE show.

dorkfish
11-09-2010, 08:43 AM
03/19 - "Jay and Silent Bob Get Old" with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes @ Warfield SF

sbessiso
11-09-2010, 08:44 AM
OK that sounds AWESOME!!!

GeezrRckr
11-09-2010, 08:53 AM
yeah, if you had a time machine.

wmgaretjax
11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
kevin smith kills it any time he speaks. honestly, i have never laughed as hard as I did both times I've seen him. the guy knows how to tell a funny story.

HandBanana
11-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Kevin Smith talking is way better than Kevin Smith doing virtually anything else.

jackstraw94086
11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Buy insurance on that ticket. I'm amazed Mewes isn't dead already.

wmgaretjax
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Kevin Smith talking is way better than Kevin Smith doing virtually anything else.

yup.

BlackSwan
11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Hmm... I might have to go to that.

zimmy1222
11-09-2010, 07:35 PM
If anyone was planning on going to the Bassnectar show @ the Fox on Dec. 11th, I strongly suggest that you buy a ticket right now.

GeezrRckr
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
does anyone know why The Coup canceled their Indy date?

Geno_g
11-09-2010, 08:58 PM
If anyone was planning on going to the Bassnectar show @ the Fox on Dec. 11th, I strongly suggest that you buy a ticket right now.

I'll get on it, it gonna sell out soon?

BigBryan
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
does anyone know why The Coup canceled their Indy date?

I noticed a few other shows/"events" have been canceled too. Was wondering if this was a Coup issue or a venue/booker/promoter issue canceling the show

GeezrRckr
11-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Chapterhouse and the other one were artist cancellations. i couldn't find anything about Boots. kinda bummed about that since it's been a while since he performed his own shit.

zimmy1222
11-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I'll get on it, it gonna sell out soon?

quite

guedita
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Anyone interested in going to Public Works this Saturday for Quivver?

dorkfish
11-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Little Dragon at the Indy shows were announced. $20/night or $30 for a 2-day pass.

Feb 4th and 5th @ Indy SF

2-day pass link = http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/20799

GeezrRckr
11-10-2010, 08:29 AM
why would someone get a two day pass...do their sets vary that much?

also, which night(s) are people going to? i'm going to go the box office at noon on Fri to buy a tic.

HandBanana
11-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Lol @ 2-day pass. The hell?
I like LD well enough, but they are pretty marginal.

chiapet
11-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I was thinking Friday but am not sure.

GeezrRckr
11-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Brad, do you know if it's a single ticket for the 2-day or two separate ones?

dorkfish
11-10-2010, 09:12 AM
No clue. It's through Ticketfly, so I don't know how they handle their business, yet.

FoxeyLady
11-10-2010, 09:42 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbhcpmLVOw1qax02vo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1289500898&Signature=zSp2iFrTRbk4ThPBLaCbPF%2B%2BBXo%3D

chiapet
11-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Weds, Jan 12, 2011, 9PM, Elbo Room
cEvin Key, Dead Voices On Air, Cyrusrex, Wet Mango

Haven't seen an onsale date, I might go. Saw DVOA open for Legendary Pink Dots like 10 years ago and was impressed... though I don't know what he's been doing for the last decade.

dorkfish
11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
that show is pre-9/11

and it's the Elbo Room, so the odds of there being an actual on sale are slim. just show up the day of the show.

chiapet
11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Hah, good catch, that was my typo, and yup to door tickets at Elbo room. I was trying to think if I've ever seen advance tickets for a show there.

GeezrRckr
11-10-2010, 11:39 AM
the Devo show has been rescheduled for March 18 at the Warfield. sweet...i can go now!

sbessiso
11-10-2010, 11:45 AM
MARCH?!?! dammit so far away but we're gunna have such a good time. so march already has swans and devo, wonder whats next

PotVsKtl
11-10-2010, 12:41 PM
April.

dorkfish
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
To save $3, the discount code for Nitzer Ebb at Mezzanine is nitzer1111

http://nitzerebb.eventbrite.com/event/926881327

Egull
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
why would someone get a two day pass...do their sets vary that much?

also, which night(s) are people going to? i'm going to go the box office at noon on Fri to buy a tic.

I'm going both nights for sure. I love Little Dragon, and I have a feeling they will play the same songs both nights off of Machine Dreams, but change up the older songs off of their self-titled album.

zimmy1222
11-10-2010, 06:19 PM
The parties An-ten-nae throws (including this Friday's) are gonna be even better, stand up fella..

We will save tickets at the door so lines are balanced. Ventilation system is fully up and running for your comfort. New family freindly security is working at the club on a full time basis. We are working around the clock to make 103 the best place to get your crunk on on the west coast, lots of changes in the works, including so many dope shows on a consistent basis in the new year! If you have any suggestions to make your experience better let us know...

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-10-2010, 07:11 PM

Wasn't there a link earlier that had cheaper tix for this show?

zimmy1222
11-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Yes, on his site, but there's only a limited #. He usually sells outta those a few days after tix go on sale.

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh ok, thanks. Guess I'll try and get one at the Brandon Flowers show tomorrow.

Egull
11-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Floor for Bassnectar is already sold out.

dorkfish
11-11-2010, 08:11 AM
12/31 - The Coup with Rupa and the April Fishes @ New Parish Oakland
01/08 - The Pharcyde @ New Parish Oakland

zimmy1222
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM

well if the whole thing is about to sell out, then yeah, floor sold out long ago. however, i wouldn't think it would be difficult to acquire a paper wristband of the color they use. Everyone should have plenty of those, this the main reason i save all mine.

sbessiso
11-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I love your style zimmzimmzimmm

fikus222
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Since no one has answered in the upcoming shows thread, I'll ask in here too. I won tix to see Nico Vega at the Cafe du Nord this Monday, should I go?

dorkfish
11-11-2010, 12:27 PM
03/25 - Gui Boratto @ Mighty

guedita
11-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Yay! My birthday concert.

Geno_g
11-11-2010, 04:07 PM

FML...

jackstraw94086
11-11-2010, 04:15 PM

I just shocked myself by having a glint of interest in going to this show upon seeing it. What is happening to me?

sbessiso
11-11-2010, 04:15 PM
FML...

Craigslist has never failed me. Don't worry

aaronbk
11-11-2010, 05:56 PM
stoked for bassnectar show! snagged two tickets for that a couple weeks ago, see ya'll right up front and center

jackstraw94086
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
For folks who aren't going to Plumps tomorrow.

Breaks legend Bassbin Twins is playing at Anu, $10.

GeezrRckr
11-12-2010, 09:25 AM
so, Little Dragon tix go on sale at the box office at noon. i'm going to drop by and pick up a pair. which night are people going to?

BlackSwan
11-12-2010, 09:30 AM
We're going Saturday.

GeezrRckr
11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
cool, see you guys there.

btw, the 2-day is a single ticket, in case anyone cares.

seyrnon
11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
12/14 Sir Arnes Treasure (movie) with The Mountain Goats in Solo Performance @ Castro Theater SF

I guess Darnielle composed the score, anyone ever been to one of these newly scored films with the live band? I know Yo La Tengo and Superchunk and Jonathan Richman have done it there with different movies, I'm just wondering if its only the score or if he'll play some of his other material

edit: http://sffs.org/content.aspx?pageid=1961
there's a description

guedita
11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I have a feeling that Lindstrom at Mezzanine is going to be empty tonight. They just tweeted that they are still selling pre-sale tickets as of 12 minutes ago.

dorkfish
11-13-2010, 08:34 AM
01/15 - Rebelution, Iration, Orgone @ Fox Oakland

RoyaleWithCheese
11-13-2010, 10:26 AM
I have a feeling that Lindstrom at Mezzanine is going to be empty tonight. They just tweeted that they are still selling pre-sale tickets as of 12 minutes ago.

I wasn't able to make it out, but I had a feeling it might be pretty empty in there. Did you end up going? How was it?

BigBryan
11-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Im trying to make it out to the Jazz Mafia party at Mezzanine after work tonight. A "one night only" Latryx return sounds too special to miss. I'm really digging the new Lyrics Born album too.

thefrush
11-13-2010, 12:57 PM
First time at 103 Harriet last night, what a place. Louuuddddddd. Bassssss. Made my heart flutter, pretty intense.

I liked Love & Light, as well as LowRIDERZ, and obviously I was there for Pantyraid, but their set was only meh with a couple of woo moments. Sounded like they flubbed a few mixes too. First show of the tour, I suppose they were rusty.

GnarVee
11-13-2010, 03:01 PM
gonna go see Love & Light tonight (in nevada city)

thefrush
11-13-2010, 03:29 PM
^^ They were really fun last night. Heaaavvvvyyyy. Listening to the Roxanne remix they dropped towards the end of their set right now.

BigBryan
11-13-2010, 10:36 PM
This jazz mafia show is really cool tonight. Most "Un-hipster" crowd I've been with at mezzanine. Im very excited to see Latryx

bballarl
11-13-2010, 11:22 PM
What the fuck, a Latyrx show? That's awesome. Full report please.

guedita
11-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I wasn't able to make it out, but I had a feeling it might be pretty empty in there. Did you end up going? How was it?

I didn't go, which I'm pretty bummed about. I did make it out to Public Works last night for the first time, and I think it's a great venue. The sound system is LOUD....louder than Mighty, I think, and the visuals looked great. I actually enjoy that there's a little art gallery to check out. I'm definitely looking forward to going there again, I only stayed for a little over an hour.

BigBryan
11-14-2010, 02:42 PM
What the fuck, a Latyrx show? That's awesome. Full report please.

Yes it was awesome. Not sure what percentage of the crowd fully appreciated the rareness of this duo performing live. Im a little fuzzy about the Jazz Mafia in terms of the structure; I know there's the Shotgun wedding Quintet, The 30 piece(?!) Realistic Orchestra, Brass Mafia and I know Dublin (shotgun wedding) does solo stuff too, so is there an actual Jazz Mafia band or is that just their big "umbrella" and all the groups, combos, etc fall under that Jazz Mafia umbrella? Regardless they all sounded great.

They somehow set up their 30 piece Realistic Orchestra on the Mezzanine stage, quite impressive which was the live band for Latryx. Lyrics Born came out first and they did a song from his new album (which is pretty incredible) and then they did "Over You." Its one of my favorite LB songs and I know he doesnt usually perform live. I like it because I know its a beautiful duet between he and Joyo Velarde who is actually his wife. It's not a big secret, but some are surprised to learn that. Anyways I dig the shit out of the song, but Joyo was not there to sing her part, some lady from the backing orchestra sang her part, so that was a little bitter sweet.

Then Lateef came out and they went into "Lady Don't Tek No" and the crowd ate it all up! They sounded awesome together even though they actually rap over each other for some of their songs. Sounded very strong and powerful with the orchestra backing them up, that aspect was so cool. They ended their set with "Last Trumpet." I know the phrase "epic" is overused quite often, but that song being performed by a 30 piece orchestra WITH LB+Lateef most certainly was! I had an excellent time.

GeezrRckr
11-15-2010, 08:36 AM
good opportunity to see a really fun live band in a tiny venue:

Grammy-award nominated 10-piece hip-hop, salsa, ska, funk and jazz band Ozomatli headline the official Afterparty for TEDxSF at the intimate Red Devil Lounge on Tuesday, November 16th.

Tickets for the afterparty are $50, but with this special code, you can get $20 tickets!

Ozomatli Concert for TEDxSF
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 – 9pm
Red Devil Lounge, SF
- $50 ($20 with Access Code TEDOZOSF)

chiapet
11-15-2010, 09:17 AM
What a weird venue for them to play...

GeezrRckr
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
TED likely paid them a handsome sum. what's strange/sad is how poorly it has been selling (i got this from the FunCheap newsletter).

dorkfish
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
2/14 - The Decemberists with Mountain Man @ Fox Oakland

FoxeyLady
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
OFWGKTA canceled their show on friday. Sad face, I was going to use this show as an excuse to visit my Bay area amigos.

sk8r408
11-15-2010, 10:04 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1141.snc4/148314_447308619598_96501409598_5464577_801239_n.j pg

wmgaretjax
11-15-2010, 10:09 AM
whoa, i didn't even know they were supposed to play. i need to pay more attention.

FoxeyLady
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Domo was supposed to be there too. Oh well, they'll play SF soon, they have lots of friends up there. They usually don't announce shows any earlier than 2 weeks before, and their twitter is usually more reliable than their site for news like this.

ErikFlyingV
11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Ke$ha @ The Warfield May 4th.

guedita
11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I just shocked myself by having a glint of interest in going to this show upon seeing it. What is happening to me?

You want to be my friend, clearly.

Last time Gui Boratto was here my stupid friend ate a brownie and was too paranoid about guys trying to dance sexually with her that we had to leave before he even came on. NO ONE WAS DANCING ANYWHERE NEAR HER. And I'm still bitter.

dorkfish
11-15-2010, 12:40 PM
02/18 - Beach House @ Fillmore

GeezrRckr
11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
wonderful news winthorp!

guedita
11-15-2010, 12:42 PM
February is going to be fantastic.

dorkfish
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
+ Noise Pop

jackstraw94086
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Last time Gui Boratto was here my stupid friend ate a brownie and was too paranoid about guys trying to dance sexually with her that we had to leave before he even came on. NO ONE WAS DANCING ANYWHERE NEAR HER. And I'm still bitter.

She knew exactly what those looks she was throwing at me meant.

AlecEiffel
11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
12/14 Sir Arnes Treasure (movie) with The Mountain Goats in Solo Performance @ Castro Theater SF

I guess Darnielle composed the score, anyone ever been to one of these newly scored films with the live band? I know Yo La Tengo and Superchunk and Jonathan Richman have done it there with different movies, I'm just wondering if its only the score or if he'll play some of his other material

edit: http://sffs.org/content.aspx?pageid=1961
there's a description

I saw Black Francis perform his score to Der Golem at the Castro and they played ONLY that.

dorkfish
11-15-2010, 03:35 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kWhIdb-Kzdc/TOG55V0F8eI/AAAAAAAABNE/yXf1I8geBxs/S1600-R/HOFweb.jpg

PotVsKtl
11-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Looks like a Paul W.S. Anderson production.

GeezrRckr
11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
that show...in that tiny room...will be insane.

Down Rodeo
11-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Fuck yeah...never get tired of seeing High On Fire. If the special guest is Neurosis, I'll cream my jeans.

EDIT: Fuck, I won't be here on Jan. 1.

wmgaretjax
11-15-2010, 09:40 PM
yeah. such a bummer i won't be there.

dorkfish
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM
01/28 - Monotonix with Ty Segall @ Rickshaw Stop SF
02/16 - Dum Dum Girls @ Bottom of the Hill SF

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I may have to hit up that Beach House show, and one of those Cake shows. I enjoyed Beach House's set when they oppened for Vampire Weekend. On another note, just picked up a ticket for the Drake show in SJ :)

thefrush
11-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I love the Santa Crux Mountains.

Srsly tho, that will be a rad show.

Egull
11-16-2010, 07:34 AM

Your friends seem to have some serious problems with attempting to use any drugs at shows.

guedita
11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Your friends seem to have some serious problems with attempting to use any drugs ever.

Forfreakingreal. They suck.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm really scared for NYE guys... I don't know if Sea of Dreams is gonna cut it this year

guedita
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
When is Mighty making their announcement? Pester them, Geez!

dorkfish
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
12/8 - Neil Young with Joanna Newsom (and Colin Powell) at Nob Hill Masonic

It's a benefit. It costs a ton.

guedita
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Colin Powell? What is this a benefit for?

dorkfish
11-16-2010, 11:22 AM
UCSF Mission Bay fundraiser.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-16-2010, 11:24 AM

Mighty isn't shiny enough for NYE, honestly, but if the acts are dope then I'll consider it

jackstraw94086
11-16-2010, 11:27 AM

If you're about to cross a price tier for something else you're interested in you might be advised to not wait for Mighty.

I'm not even advocating SoD here. Just trying to save some folks a few bucks and some disappointment.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-16-2010, 11:30 AM
I seriously don't know of anything besides Further, Primus, and SoD. Kind of a wack selection IMO.

chiapet
11-16-2010, 11:31 AM
SoD doesn't look that great in the lineup, but I think I'm still planning on doing that for NYE. I just don't trust that Mighty is going to pull out something that feels big enough for NYE.

guedita
11-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Right now my options are SoD or staying at home with my cats and refusing to go to a stupid bar with a cover and bad music playing because my boyfriend didn't plan anything until the very last minute.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-16-2010, 11:46 AM
your boyfriend sounds like kind of a square

guedita
11-16-2010, 11:48 AM
A total square.

chiapet
11-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Cara, I suspect that a lot of us will end up at SoD even though we've been so whiny about it. It'll be fun if there's a crowd.

guedita
11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh, I know. I just want to see what the other options out there are before I buy my ticket. I really like the SoD line-up, I'm just not willing to buy a ticket yet.

HandBanana
11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
we are doing NYE at Disneyland again. It's perfect, except for having to heard BEP's "Good Night" dozens of times, which happened last year

chiapet
11-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Oh, I know. I just want to see what the other options out there are before I buy my ticket. I really like the SoD line-up, I'm just not willing to buy a ticket yet.

I'm having trouble committing too. Though if you really like SoD's lineup, I don't think you'll find anything better for NYE. The set-up/decorations/performance art aspect are really nice.

sbessiso
11-16-2010, 12:02 PM
we are doing NYE at Disneyland again. It's perfect, except for having to heard BEP's "Good Night" dozens of times, which happened last year

everything about this sounds amazingly awful

HandBanana
11-16-2010, 12:12 PM
its the happiest place on earth

CrystalCastlesFreak
11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
I really wanna hit up the Dresden Dolls show, but hate that it's on NYE :(. I loved their Fillmore set a few years back.