PDA

View Full Version : iTunes is jacking me around.

rampaige
02-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I got some iTunes giftcards for Christmas. I have spent them all, yet my account still says I have $4 left. When I try and buy a song, a message pops up that says, "Your credit balance is out of date. Click ok to refresh and try your purchase again." So I dutifully click ok, yet my balance still doesn't refresh. I have tried restarting both iTunes and my computer, with no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

matsuolost
02-23-2007, 08:05 PM
steve jobs is genius

rampaige
02-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Dangit all I wanna do is buy some Air. Rah.

samiksha
02-23-2007, 08:08 PM
seriously, dont buy music from itunes. apple is after world domination.

rampaige
02-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Is there somewhere else I can purchase iPod compatible music? I've heard of emusic.com, but it only runs on Windows. I'm a mac girl.

blakely
02-23-2007, 09:05 PM
seriously, dont buy music from itunes. apple is after world domination.

well they'll have to take out Disney, Starbucks, and Wal-Mart first...

blakely
02-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Is there somewhere else I can purchase iPod compatible music? I've heard of emusic.com, but it only runs on Windows. I'm a mac girl.

come on now, buy the cd.... its so depressing how no one buys actual albums anymore.... i love leafing through the album inserts and seeing how they chose to decorate the cd/record..... its a part of the artist....

rampaige
02-23-2007, 09:12 PM
come on now, buy the cd.... its so depressing how no one buys actual albums anymore.... i love leafing through the album inserts and seeing how they chose to decorate the cd/record..... its a part of the artist....

No, I completely understand what you mean. It pains me to shell out $10 and have nothing to show for it (other than the music being on my iPod.) I am all about the jewel case, the booklet, etc.

blakely
02-23-2007, 09:21 PM
No, I completely understand what you mean. It pains me to shell out $10 and have nothing to show for it (other than the music being on my iPod.) I am all about the jewel case, the booklet, etc.

completely..... its sad that one day we might not be able to purchase albums as easy as we can today, youll have to contact the "record" company and request a copy of the album or something..... but im sure ill be old enough to not hear anymore anyway....

mountmccabe
02-23-2007, 10:03 PM
completely..... its sad that one day we might not be able to purchase albums as easy as we can today, youll have to contact the "record" company and request a copy of the album or something..... but im sure ill be old enough to not hear anymore anyway....

This is what you have to do for much of the good stuff anyway. There isn't a brick and mortar record store on earth that has even half my wantlist.

roberto73
02-23-2007, 10:22 PM

Emusic shouldn't give you any trouble. I'm a Mac user and I've downloaded extensively from Emusic for over a year. It's great for indie music, and their prices beat iTunes.

lowfront
02-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Just steal it

bmack86
02-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Emusic definitely works on a mac. They've got a cool selection of African and (now) Brazilian music, and they have distribution for Luaka Bop, which brings in some great stuff.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Dangit all I wanna do is buy some Air. Rah.

What track is it you want? Maybe e-mail is your friend...

;)

rampaige
02-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Well I wanted to listen to Moon Safari last night, but after searching around I realized that particular cd was a victim in the tragic episode of My Car Got Vandalized, Summer 2006 Edition.

Thank you to those who advised emusic was indeed mac compatible. For some reason last I checked, I could only find the windows version to download. Perhaps it was because my friend Vodka was present.

TomAz
02-25-2007, 06:41 AM
This is what you have to do for much of the good stuff anyway. There isn't a brick and mortar record store on earth that has even half my wantlist.

It used to be cool and go and hang around the record store to see what was new. Sometimes, but not very often, the radio was useful to find good new music. More often it was going to the record store and talking to the guy (and it was always a guy) who was into the stuff no one knew. Cut to random record store scene from High Fidelity.

I suppose there still are places like that but not where I live. Not anymore. that's why this board is useful. sometimes.

samiksha
02-25-2007, 09:22 AM
once upon a time, i could find everything i wanted at best buy... because i had shitty taste in music.

mountmccabe
02-25-2007, 10:37 AM
It used to be cool and go and hang around the record store to see what was new. Sometimes, but not very often, the radio was useful to find good new music. More often it was going to the record store and talking to the guy (and it was always a guy) who was into the stuff no one knew. Cut to random record store scene from High Fidelity.

I suppose there still are places like that but not where I live. Not anymore. that's why this board is useful. sometimes.

I have heard stories in which people heard good music on normal commerical radio which was hitherto unknown to them. I can remember the last time this happened for me, "Not If You Were the Last Junkie On Earth" in 1997. But that was mainly due to the follow-up review of the album I read which mercilously slagged on the album for being droney and not at all like the single. Oh, how fast I ran to buy that disc.

People talking music on the internets accounts for a goodly portion of the music I currently listen to.

Hannahrain
02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
"Not If You Were the Last Junkie On Earth" in 1997.

have you seen DiG!? the scene where courtney plays this for anton for the first time is priceless. and by priceless i mean hilariously awkward.

mountmccabe
02-25-2007, 10:53 AM
DiG! is indeed pretty wonderful.

Hannahrain
02-25-2007, 10:54 AM
i bought it before i'd ever seen it.

he fucking broke my sitar, motherfucker!

tessalasset
02-25-2007, 11:47 AM
john do you not like amoeba?

mountmccabe
02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I like Amoeba. I've only been to the Hollywood one.

It's probably the biggest and broadest and best brick and mortar record store I've been to but it's still too small to be complete. I would be less complainy if I lived near one but I'd still have to order stuff on-line. Just less frequently.

woogie846
02-25-2007, 03:10 PM
well they'll have to take out Disney, Starbucks, and Wal-Mart first...

And Kenny Chesney.

rampaige
02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
The only places to buy music around here are Hastings and Best Buy. I asked the clerk at Best Buy about Tilly and the Wall and he looked at me like I was speaking Hebrew.

TomAz
02-26-2007, 08:04 AM
I have heard stories in which people heard good music on normal commerical radio which was hitherto unknown to them. I can remember the last time this happened for me, "Not If You Were the Last Junkie On Earth" in 1997. But that was mainly due to the follow-up review of the album I read which mercilously slagged on the album for being droney and not at all like the single. Oh, how fast I ran to buy that disc.

People talking music on the internets accounts for a goodly portion of the music I currently listen to.

Last time it happened for me was 1979. not counting college radio.

TomAz
02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
john do you not like amoeba?

Amoeba is the store I had in mind when I said there were not good stores "at least not where I live". The Amoeba in Berkely and Waterloo in Austin are good stores.

elChurro
02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
A lot of times apple will include extra tracks if you buy the whole album, and its cheaper than buying the actual CD. For me its about the music, this world is filled with too much waste as it is.

What sucks is you can't always find what you're looking for, and sometimes you have to buy the whole album if you want just one song... screw you apple!