PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Hills RV Park Roll Call

Motab
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
y0!

Just got our reservation in for Shadow Hills. Anyone else going to be camping there?

Any recommendations for getting to/from the Polo Field? It's been a few years since I've been to Coachella, I just remember it was kind of a horrendous time to drive in and out of there. (I think exiting took well over an hour). The people at the campground suggested a Taxi, would that be any faster? Any possibility of a group of us pooling some funding and chartering with a bus/shuttle company out there?

-Andy

williamsj16
03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
My husband and I also have reservations and were wondering the same thing...I think I read somewhere there was a shuttle thing set up but I think you have to pay. I guess it would be way too ridiculous to drive??? This is the first year we are going!!! Very excited!!!

Motab
03-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I asked the lady @ the campground, she said they don't have anything official set up.

I'm not sure how ridiculous it would be to drive. I sent in a couple inquiries to local charter companies to see what they could offer. We'll see what they come up with, but we'd probably need like 30-40 people to make it worthwhile.

Motab
03-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Got one quote back. 10AM pickup from RV Park, 1AM pickup from polo fields. For all three days it'd be around $70 pp (50 people). Think we can find 50 people?

beckylyn
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
you're probably better off just setting up camp, making friends and finding a sober ride to the show that way. my husband and i have stayed at shadow hills for the last 3 years ... there has always been plenty of coachella-goers willing to share a ride. cabs will pick up/drop off there too.

Motab
03-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I reckon you're probably right. I was kinda curious to see what it would cost, but I think we'll probably be OK getting back and forth.

Are you staying there this year?

beckylyn
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM
yup, year number 4! we wouldn't stay anywhere else =)

williamsj16
03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm sure we will all be sober by the end of the day with the beer prices...last few concerts I went to it was like 10 bucks for a reg size beer

Motab
03-09-2010, 08:45 AM
LOL, that's probably true.

greenjack
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Last year they had taxi's coming to the park for people who needed a ride. Was pretty cheap and it worked out cause once we hit traffic we just walked the rest of the way in. Saved us about 45min of sitting in a car waiting to park. Just called again when we were about ready to leave.

beckylyn
03-09-2010, 04:30 PM
do you remember about what the cab cost? i'm curious ... i'm always the DD for our group, and i would definitely be interested in not playing that role this year.

TallGuyCM
03-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I stayed at Shadow Hills last year and had a very positive experience. We had no problem whatsoever getting there, because we usually left around 10:30am every day and were some of the first there.

Lots of really friendly people, especially on the grass by the lake in the tent camping area.

A cab might be kind of pricey because the meter will be running if you're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic getting in or out.

Motab
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice Avatar Tallguy... the girl w/ the sun in her head was on while i was reading this thread. :)

williamsj16
03-09-2010, 08:38 PM
is anybody getting there thursday night?

TallGuyCM
03-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Nice Avatar Tallguy... the girl w/ the sun in her head was on while i was reading this thread. :)

:thu

Motab
03-10-2010, 07:27 AM

Yeah, we're planning on getting there before sundown Thursday.

greenjack
03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
do you remember about what the cab cost? i'm curious ... i'm always the DD for our group, and i would definitely be interested in not playing that role this year.

For 5-6 people it was about $30. We worked out a deal with him at $20 for 5 people there and $25 for 6 people back. We walked to meet him where he dropped us off so he wouldn't get stuck in traffic.

Mr. Tea
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Thursday afternoon....after hitting up Bevmo, of course.

beckylyn
03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
we're also getting there thursday evening sometime ... can't wait!

thanks for the cab info, greenjack. that's definitely going in the budget at least one day!

i agree with tallguy ... the grassy, near-the-lake camping spots are the best! we've met so many nice coachella people at shadow hills =)

Motab
03-10-2010, 06:56 PM
So where do we meet up Thursday night?! :)

beckylyn
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
we'll be the people with the giant pop up camper, arizona plates. come over, introduce yourselves and have a beer! i expect we will arrive sometime mid-afternoon. i can't wait to make new friends again!

mary08
03-11-2010, 12:46 PM
It will take you less time to walk the 8-9 mile distance then to deive or wait i the shuttle bus.

Motab
03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
we'll be the people with the giant pop up camper, arizona plates. come over, introduce yourselves and have a beer! i expect we will arrive sometime mid-afternoon. i can't wait to make new friends again!

Sweet! There'll be 3 or 4 of us in the motorhome that I'm not sure what it looks like yet! :-D

We'll definitely come find you Thursday.

haedyr
03-19-2010, 07:27 AM
My boyfriend and I are arriving on Thursday - driving in from Seattle. We'll probably be needing a beer. :D This is our first time to Coachella and we are VERY excited!!

Motab
03-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Rockin! Meetup @ Beckylyn's! ;)

My intent is to get there before sundown, since I'm not used to driving that beast of an RV...

IrishErin
03-25-2010, 07:13 AM
What was the cost at Shadow Hills? Think there's any way they have space left? This is our first time at Coachella and we totally missed the boat on buying camping spots (we're Bonnaroo veterans and that's always included in the ticket price). We have nonrefundable plane tickets from New Orleans and I'm feverishly hunting for a place for us to set up camp.

beckylyn
03-25-2010, 07:25 AM
when i made my reservation i was told $243 - that's for an RV spot with 3 people from thursday to monday. tent camping is a LOT cheaper. i think $50/per person. here's the website: http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/
give them a call today - i bet they still have space - they did on tuesday this week. if you end up at shadow hills, come find us! we'd love to meet you =)

i'll try to give them a call later on this morning and update this thread with availability and firm price info.

IrishErin
03-25-2010, 07:27 AM
I emailed and they do still have space left. I asked for a price and am waiting to hear back. Good God. I really didn't want to fork out another $50 for this trip, but this place seems nice enough.

IrishErin
03-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Yeah, it's $50 per person for the weekend for tent camping. Now if I could just get the 3 useless guys I'm going with to WAKE UP and PICK UP THE PHONE I could make a reservation. Can you tell I'm freaking out? I'm actually press covering the festival for a New Orleans magazine and the whole thing has just sneaked up on me. It's like 3 weeks away!

beckylyn
03-25-2010, 07:39 AM
shadow hills really is nice. hot showers, clean bathrooms and a pool =)
good luck with the guys!

IrishErin
03-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Showers! Bathrooms! Pool! Ok, so that's totally worth the $50. I never get to shower at Bonnaroo. haha. Yeah, I'm gonna leave them all threatening voicemails until they wake up. Thanks for the help!

beckylyn
03-25-2010, 07:43 AM
no worries - i'm glad i could help!

IrishErin
03-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Hm, I didn't see anything about a 4th night free. But we did want to come in on Thursday, so that's great. I'm just trying now to nail down whether there are 4 of us or 3 of us. Lazy boys taking forever to answer me.

beckylyn
03-25-2010, 07:50 AM
@ pinkie - it looks like that offer was for the 2009 coachella - but hey, if they're offering it again this year, that's awesome.

sanaisa
03-26-2010, 04:30 PM
We x2 shall be there! Might be interested in the transpo, Motab :)

IrishErin
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Ah, reservations confirmed. That's the feeling of sweet relief. The woman said they have taxis running regularly from the campground to the festival site.

Motab
03-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey sanaisa - Didn't really get any responses to that inquiry, so I pretty much let it go. We'll have a Jeep that will be tightly packed heading back and forth, but yeah, Taxis seem like a good way to go too.

For some reason I got another confirmation from Shadow Hills just yesterday. That makes the second one, so I'm DOUBLE confirmed! Hopefully not double-charged! ;)

haedyr
03-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I was charged $122 for 1 tent and two people for 4 nights. I'd say that's pretty cheap and totally worth it. :D See you all there.

williamsj16
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
can't complain about the 122 for 4 nights...looking forward to the pool and nicer bathrooms...ahhh like 2 weeks!!!!

CoachellaCoogler
03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Can you give me the details on this rv park? S/A how much and how close to the fest?

psychic friend
03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/

beckylyn
04-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Oops! Sorry for being a dumbass :) Didn't realize that was from "09.

sorry i haven't been watching this thread recently.
you are not a dumbass! =)

paula
04-03-2010, 07:40 AM
The last 4 years we have offered complimentary coffee in the morning and served breakfast, lunch and after concert hamburgers. Last year we did not get a great response after the concert. Most people were tired and just went to bed. Just checking with everyone to see if food is important to have. If so, what kind of food would you like and when?

beckylyn
04-04-2010, 10:02 AM
yay, you're back on the board paula! can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
if you're going to offer food, i think breakfast and lunch would be awesome! i hate making breakfast with a hangover, so to be able to buy it from the resort would be my preference =) i think you're right ... after the show people are so tired they just want to go to sleep (i know i'm that way!). but maybe others have a different opinion?

could you please let us know what you decide to do? we won't bring breakfast/lunch stuff if you're going to offer it. and thanks again to you and your team for your hospitality!

joann
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Count me in too !! My fiance and I are arriving Thursday. We'll be tenting it up as we're flying in. I'm down for splitting a cab...or whatever. Maybe even if we drive we can split the parking fee's ???

joann
04-04-2010, 09:11 PM
The last 4 years we have offered complimentary coffee in the morning and served breakfast, lunch and after concert hamburgers. Last year we did not get a great response after the concert. Most people were tired and just went to bed. Just checking with everyone to see if food is important to have. If so, what kind of food would you like and when?

I'm all for the food :) especially the morning. Nothing is more convenient then waking up and just walking up the way for food. Unfortunately I wont have all the camping needs ( coming from canada) and renting a vehicle. I will however make room for the "tasty beverages " I will enjoy upon my arrival to the site :)

haedyr
04-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm definitely down for breakfast and lunch too. I was just wondering how I'm going to have food since I'm tenting it and won't be able to keep anything cold to make food. Also had to change my plans and fly in and rent a car. So - not really a lot of options for me. YAY! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Daithi
04-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, myself and my buddy will be tenting it. All the way from Ireland. We have a booking at lake Cahuilla too and I'm trying to decide which is best. Shadow Hills Or Lake Cahuilla???
Shadow Hills seems to be winning for me. A lot of people complaining that Lake C will be overcrowded and you probab ly won't get a shower for the whole weekend. Plus its really windy /dusty at night compared to the grassier grounds at shadow hills.

Both sites seem to have the same problem of getting to - from the gig but more people on this thread seem to mention taxis / bus arrangements so that is really swinging it for me. Is there a pool at shadow hills? How far of a drive is it to Coachella?

greenjack
04-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I also heard they are doing a shuttle from the Embassy Suites in La Quinta.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=embassy+suites&sll=33.67589,-116.297665&sspn=0.0205,0.032916&ie=UTF8&hq=embassy+suites&hnear=&z=15

Could park your car there then shuttle in if your worried about parking going later in the day.

greenjack
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Hey guys, myself and my buddy will be tenting it. All the way from Ireland. We have a booking at lake Cahuilla too and I'm trying to decide which is best. Shadow Hills Or Lake Cahuilla???
Shadow Hills seems to be winning for me. A lot of people complaining that Lake C will be overcrowded and you probab ly won't get a shower for the whole weekend. Plus its really windy /dusty at night compared to the grassier grounds at shadow hills.

Both sites seem to have the same problem of getting to - from the gig but more people on this thread seem to mention taxis / bus arrangements so that is really swinging it for me. Is there a pool at shadow hills? How far of a drive is it to Coachella?

Lake Cahuilla is rough with limited Shade. SHRV all the way.

nellsonic
04-10-2010, 12:06 AM

I am getting there Thursday morning and setting up tents/camp for the rest of my crew, who will be arriving that evening. I'll either chill in camp, or maybe go check out some of the local spots - or hike. Who knows? Only The Shadow knows.

Up for making new friends as well. I'll be the guy in the tan Lumina with bumper stickers: 'Question the Answers' and the other one I can't remember right now (lol) maybe it was: "Don't Believe Everything You Think."

I go by the name of Anders.

patriotsftbll786
04-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Gonna be awesome! Last year was great: the showers, pool, jacuzzi and really cheap breakfast is the bestttt!

nellsonic
04-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I am very impressed with how nice everyone seems here. It's nice to see a thread that isn't all lit up with flames. :)

It should be a nice weekend at Shadow Hills.

bakersfield
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
we had an awesome experience here! It ended up being a blessing that on-site camping filled up before we booked....

nellsonic
04-20-2010, 09:04 PM
True that! Very chill and comfortable. Nice friendly people everywhere. Will highly consider going back.

paula
01-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Shadow Hills is working on a shuttle service this year. We will keep you posted. Check back on our website in about 2 weeks.

heart cooks brain
01-24-2011, 07:03 AM
Paula, do you still have reserevations available to 'Chella weekend? My friend sent in a request on Saturday, and as of now, hasn't heard back if it was accepted. I didn't expect her to hear back before today, but the recent developments have me scrambling to find a place to stay. Thanks for having a presence on the board, it's very helpful!

Rosemont17
01-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Shuttle service would be awesome. we are considering staying there this year. :)

for anyone who may know, how far is it from shadow hills to the polo fields?

erik.strange
03-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Does anyone know if biking is a viable option??? With bumper to bumper the entire way out I wouldn't be too worried, but just want to make sure the roads are legit enough (i.e. a little bit of a shoulder) to bike it from the Shadow Hills.

Also, anyone know a good place to rent a tent? I'm flying in from Italy and don't want to struggle with bringing mine on that trek!

Pumped, my first Coachella and festival in the states, can't wait to party with everyone!!

Nikkiwc78
04-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Hello everyone!

My friend and I will be venturing down on Thursday early evening and I'd like to "meet" people online before getting to the campground. If you are interested, email me at nikkiwc78@gmail.com

I just found out that the shuttle to and from the festival from Shadow Hills is sold out. Does anyone have room for 2 people in their car for a carpool situation?

Looking forward to an amazing time and it'd be great to get to know other people who will be camping nearby to heighten the experience!!

Nikki

crombrenner
01-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Staying here week 2 in an RV. Anybody have any tips or comments about this place? I read that they serve breakfast each morning and also have a BBQ until 3 am each night. I've never stayed in an RV so any tips would be welcome. We have a 38 ft. monster so it should be a blast.

HeaveninHell
01-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Crom well I havent ever done the rv thing but I always camp at Shadow Hills. They are really nice there and they do serve breakfast and BBQ late. Also, there is free coffee in the morning which is a life saver. The one thing I would recommend is getting a shuttle pass. It makes life easier not having to deal with traffic to get back. Also, make sure to bring a swimsuit, because the pool and spa feel great when you get back. Hope this helps a little.

NomadCat
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Glad to see the positive reviews here. This will be my third Coachella, but my first staying off-site. My sister (her first Coachella) and I are pulling my trailer to stay in for Weekend 1. I'm so stoked...

From YYC
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Previous stayers, any comment on the quality of the post-Coachella fun each night? Are there DJs spinning? What do they do with all the usual RV travelers who would normally be staying there? Do Coachella-goers pretty much just take over Shadow Hills for the weekend?

HeaveninHell
04-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi YYC well they have had DJs in the past but not the last couple years. Usually there is just a BBQ around the pool at night. Most of the people RVing are Coachella goers but the people who pretty much live there dont leave. They are actually really cool and like to chat with us. Most of the ones that live there work at the park during the festival. Hope I answered your question. Are u there weekend 1 or 2?

From YYC
04-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi YYC...

Great info. Thanks very much!

Vttieu
04-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Hell to the yea! We've got 8 girls in our RV and we didn't get shuttle passes!

Vttieu
04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah, we're planning on getting there before sundown Thursday.

us too!

Vttieu
04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
It will take you less time to walk the 8-9 mile distance then to deive or wait i the shuttle bus.

Sounds like we saved money by not buy shuttle passes!