PDA

View Full Version : Caliente Tropics Resort - To & From Site?

drunk1
03-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Alright folks!

Got this place booked over the festival but having researched a little bit more it's around 15 miles from the site, I think? Haha! Anyhoo, getting to the site seems no bother really, think we can get a bus then it's just a walk to the site. But getting home seems like it might be a cunt, I'm all for adventures but don't wanna end up lost if I'm pissed.

So all I'm here for is ; Have you stayed here before? Tripadvisor gives it decent reviews. And we got it dirt dirt cheap. Would you may e just give it a miss and camp instead of the hassle? And any other tips you wanna throw in.

It's in Palm Springs, as I said, around 15-20 mile from site. What would you do? I'm not from Cali, I'm a scot, so don't know much about transport infrastructure here so any help would be tip top!

Cheers!

thekube
03-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I booked a stay here for Wednesday and Monday night. Flights were much cheaper into Palm Springs on Wednesday, so I figured why not spend those extra 57 bucks on hanging out by the pool for a day? Also, I didn't want to be in a hurry to catch a flight on Monday after the festival.

My plan is to get that Sun Line bus for a dollar on Thursday morning, then walk from wherever it drops be in Indio to the festival. Then go back and spend the night Monday and catch flight back on Tuesday.

It'd also be cool to split a taxi cab. I've heard it's about 60 bucks to take a cab to the festival from Palm Springs, and split 2-3 ways that's not too bad.

Cheers

gaypalmsprings
03-04-2010, 05:40 PM
I live a mile from there. OMG - you will walk from Sun Bus to the fest? That's rediculous!

drunk1
03-05-2010, 04:49 AM
That sounds like a good plan!

There are 4 of us in our group so now you've said $60 in a taxi I'm not bothered! Is it $60 roughly to the site from this hotel roughly? Can anyone confirm this? If so that's a piece of piss, $15 per person each way give or take is hee haw, I'm more than happy do that.

And that bus you're on about, I've heard that walk from wherever it drops you off is gonna take AGES! So I'm not diggin' that.

gaypalmsprings
03-05-2010, 04:53 AM
That sounds like a good plan!

There are 4 of us in our group so now you've said $60 in a taxi I'm not bothered! Is it $60 roughly to the site from this hotel roughly? Can anyone confirm this? If so that's a piece of piss, $15 per person each way give or take is hee haw, I'm more than happy do that.

And that bus you're on about, I've heard that walk from wherever it drops you off is gonna take AGES! So I'm not diggin' that.

I live 3 miles from the airport & it's $20. You can calculate from there.

It'd be way cheaper to take the bus to where it drops you off, then take a cab.

donkey sex
03-05-2010, 05:11 AM
I've stayed there a few times, not for Coachella but just for Palm Springs R&R, and have enjoyed it. Front Desk Guy checked me in early in the morning instead of waiting till 3pm (gave him a twenty spot), so I could get situated and use the pool all day. You do have the type of shady transient folks who stay at hotels for weeks on end (think they may even have a monthly rate), but I think the tourists out number em and they aren't really a bother. It's a good spot, dude. Caliente Tropics, ha.

gaypalmsprings
03-05-2010, 05:38 AM
It's the same place that Anna Nicole Smith filmed an episode of her reality show.