PDA

View Full Version : Tent Fans for $9

sweetsick
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure how good they are, but tent fans are on sale at Walmart.com for $9 + shipping on clearance. Just passing word along!

blakely
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
it sounds like a pretty goods idea to get some air flowing, but i have my doubts..... i mean how much air can a 6 inch fan that runs on d batteries and has foam blades move??

Courtney
02-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I can't speak to the effectiveness of the Walmart version, but I have a couple of these (http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=30157413&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1), and they're awesome. It's good to have more than one for optimal air flow.

psychic friend
02-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow those are pretty neat. http://www.campmor.com/images/acc/85229.jpg

Courtney
02-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Yep yep :)

(but I'm still wimping out and staying at a hotel this year)

DeltaSigChi4
02-23-2007, 05:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DeltaSigChi4/walmart_low_morals_alt.jpg

E

Mctommy
02-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Those fans actually work very well.

The US economy would take a huge dump if you could take Walmart out.

DeltaSigChi4
02-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Mctommy, you don't know much about anything.

Here are some facts for your little brain:

* WAL-MART Drives Down Retail Wages $3 BILLION Every Year;

* WAL-MART Costs U.S. Taxpayers $1,557,000,000,00 to Support its Employees;

* WAL-MART currently faces lawsuits in thirty-one different States for wage and hour abuses potentially involving hundreds of thousand workers;

* WAL-MART SUBSIDY NATIONWIDE: $1.008 BILLION; and

* Average WAL-MART Hourly Sales Employee Earnings: $13,861.

E

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Yep yep :)

(but I'm still wimping out and staying at a hotel this year)

Me too, they have those a/c unit thingies which I kinda like!

sydaud
02-23-2007, 08:26 PM

* WAL-MART currently faces lawsuits in thirty-one different States for wage and hour abuses potentially involving hundreds of thousand workers;

E

You just need to destroy the heart of Wall-Mart and then shop at TrueValue.

dontfeedthebird
02-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, but they sell chicken strips you can eat while shopping.

sweetsick
02-23-2007, 10:50 PM
yeah guys, i know walmarts bad and all that. didn't mean to start a fight over that whole business. it's just the cheapest place i found tent fans. courtney and psychic friend - those look effective too. i've been trying to find them for cheaper. maybe ebay?

boarderwoozel3
02-23-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure how good they are, but tent fans are on sale at Walmart.com for $9 + shipping on clearance. Just passing word along!

Sounds great. I just wishthey weren't from Walmart. I'll find something similar some where else.

sweetsick
02-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Sounds great. I just wishthey weren't from Walmart. I'll find something similar some where else.

Cool - if you do, let me know!

tiffdud41
02-24-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah guys, i know walmarts bad and all that. didn't mean to start a fight over that whole business. it's just the cheapest place i found tent fans. courtney and psychic friend - those look effective too. i've been trying to find them for cheaper. maybe ebay?

I got two of the coleman tent fans brand new on ebay for 25.99 after shipping. not too bad, but probably about the same price for buying in a store.

tiffdud41
02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
here's a link to the seller's store on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZscottys59QQhtZ-1

they also have other camping eqip like tent lights

Hannahrain
02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
anytime you're looking for anything for camping, REI will have it.

3 different tent fans:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?storeId=8000&vcat=REI_SEARCH&query=tent+fan&x=0&y=0

Mctommy
02-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Just FYI, i have this fan and the best location is at the peak/top of your tent, it's awfully heavy for the wall of the tent (even if you use the magnet).

I'm a huge fan of rei, but this is one of those items that I wouldn't get there because you can find it elsewhere for cheaper.

REI is more of a place for the higher end camping/outdoor equipment.

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 02:55 PM

E

Your facts are very off,

$13,861 is that including retired people, who work part-time because ss doesn't pay enough? Maybe thats the college students who works part-time while in school? Better yet, maybe its the person who has another job that doesn't have benefits, so they work at wm to get benefits? If the number was based on full-time associates, then maybe, but that number is BS. I made more than double that as a full-time associate, and I didn't work all my hours (taking off early). So yes, if you include part time associates, many of whom are retired, college students, or people with other jobs, the average yearly income may be $13,861.

DeltaSigChi4
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm glad you only have qualms with one of my facts. That speaks volumes.

You know what else speaks volumes? That you can't provide a figure other than the one I have. 13,861$ is Average WAL-MART Hourly Sales Employee Earnings. PERIOD.

E

Courtney
02-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm feeling a little deja vu (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2049) here...

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Real Estate
As of January 2007, Wal-Mart's presence in California includes:
Supercenters: 22
Discount Stores: 145
Neighborhood Markets: 0
SAM'S CLUBS: 36
Distribution Centers: 9
Average store size (national average)
Supercenter: 185,000 sq. ft. with approx. 142,000 items
Discount Store: 101,000 sq. ft. with approx. 120,000 items
Neighborhood Market: 41,000 sq. ft. with approx. 29,000 items
SAM'S CLUB: 130,000 sq. ft. with approx. 5,500 items

People
As of February 2007, the total number of Wal-Mart associates in California is 71,325.
The average wage for regular, full-time hourly associates in California is $10.77 per hour (Wal-Mart Discount Stores, Supercenters, and Neighborhood Markets). Additionally, associates are eligible for performance-based bonuses.
In recent years, Wal-Mart has contributed four percent of an associate's eligible pay to their combined Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan.

Suppliers
In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $20,444,664,678 for merchandise and services with 3,929 suppliers in the state of California. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 248,027 supplier jobs in the state of California.
Supplier figures provided by Dun & Bradstreet.

Taxes and Fees
Wal-Mart collected on behalf of the state of California more than $783.4 million in sales taxes in FYE 2007.
Wal-Mart paid more than $139.7 million in state and local taxes in the state of California in FYE 2007.

Community Involvement
In 2005, Wal-Mart Stores and SAM'S CLUB gave $9,371,810 in cash and in-kind donations to local causes and organizations in the communities they serve in the state of California. Through additional funds raised through stores and Clubs throughout the state, Wal-Mart contributed and raised a grand total of $13,229,876 as a result of its presence in California.
California's 2006 Teacher of the Year is Diane Fellner from Citrus Avenue Elementary School in Chico.

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Founded in 2005, Acres for America is a one-of-a-kind partnership between Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation to conserve critical wildlife habitats for future generations.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has committed $35 million over 10 years to permanently conserve at least one acre of priority wildlife habitat for every developed acre of Wal-Mart Stores’ current footprint, as well as the company’s future development throughout the 10 year commitment, making this one of the largest public-private partnerships ever and the first time a company has tied its footprint to land conservation.

Since 2005, the Acres for America program has funded projects in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan and Oregon.

To date, the Acres for America program has permanently conserved 360,000 acres, helping connect conservation landscapes totaling more than 4.6 million acres.

The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation will consider recommendations for projects that would generate the greatest impact to important fish, wildlife or plant resources. To apply, or for more information, log onto www.nfwf.org.

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:37 PM
DATA SHEET
February 8, 2007

Retail Units Worldwide 6,782

US Retail Units 4,022
Wal-Mart Stores 1,074
Supercenters 2,257
SAM’S Clubs 579
Neighborhood Market 112

International Retail Units 2,760

Company History
First Wal-Mart opened in 1962 (Rogers, AR)
First SAM’S Club opened in 1983 (Midwest City, OK)
First Supercenter opened in 1988 (Washington, MO)
First International unit opened in 1991 (Mexico City)
First Neighborhood Market opened in 1998. (Bentonville, AR)

Company Trade Territory
Wal-Mart serves more than 175 million customers weekly in 13 countries worldwide including Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica,
El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom and United States.

Total Associates
United States – more than 1.3 million
Internationally --more than 500,000
Total Associates--more than 1.8 million worldwide

Sales FYE 1/31/06: FYE 1/31/07: $344.9 billion
For the month of January $31.6 billion, a 10.7 % increase over the
same period last year.

Community Involvement
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is the largest corporate cash contributor in
the U.S. – charitable giving exceeded $245 million last year. That’s
more than $20,000 an hour, or $6 per second.
More than 90 percent of Wal-Mart’s charitable contributions are directed at the local level, where Wal-Mart customers and associates live and work. The Wal-Mart & SAM’S CLUB Foundation supports approximately 100,000 organizations in the U.S.

More information on Wal-Mart contributions and answers to other specific questions about the company can be found at www.walmartfacts.com or www.walmartstores.com

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:38 PM
The Toronto Star

February 20, 2007 Tuesday

BUSINESS; Pg. D02

96 words

Stores will aim to aid economies in needy regions

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. announced plans yesterday for 10 stores in U.S. areas that need economic revitalization and said it will use those stores to help other businesses in the area develop.

Wal-Mart vice-chairman John Menzer said Wal-Mart is working with local chambers of commerce, business groups and minority-owned businesses with the goal of guiding new suppliers and helping new or existing shops thrive.

The stores will be in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Portsmouth, Va.; Landover Hills, Md.; Decatur, Ga.; El Mirage, Ariz.; and in Richmond and Sanger, Calif.

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:47 PM
WM

We create tens of thousands of jobs every year -- many of them in neighborhoods that need them the most. In fact, we created more than 240,000 jobs over the last three years. At one store near Chicago, we had 25,000 applications for just 325 available jobs. More than three-fourths of store management started at Wal-Mart in hourly positions, and our average full-time hourly wage is $10.11.

“According to the Federal Reserve, Wal-Mart's innovative practices are among the largest single contributors to the past decade of low inflation and high productivity growth in the United States. In plain language, the salary that all workers bring home in the U.S. is worth $1,000 or more than it would have been without the company's inflation-fighting effects. … You benefit from Sam Walton's legacy whether you set foot in one of his stores or not.”

The Virginian-Pilot
2/4/2007
“Some studies have pegged the economic benefit produced by Wal-Mart at an average of $895 for every person in America. That translates into tens of billions of dollars that can go toward payments on new cars, home-remodeling projects, a dream vacation or zillion other uses that, in turn, help keep the economy vibrant and keep other people employed in other lines of work. … Would living your own life like that be harder than just taking each day as it comes? You bet. But if you’re going to live, you might as well squeeze as much reward out of it as you can. And if you’re better off for doing so, thank the late, great Sam Walton.”

Dennis Boone, The Kansas City Star
1/24/2007
“The Urban League is committed to revitalizing Providence's neighborhoods. This new Wal-Mart is going to be a strong partner in that revitalization, bringing all the things we need - good jobs, convenient and affordable shopping and strong support for community programs."

Urban League President Dennis Langley, Pawtucket Times
1/23/2007
“San Diegans, like the vast majority of Americans, frequently shop at Wal-Mart. The combination of low prices, choice, and convenience is a winner here as it has been throughout the nation."

Erik Bruvold, president and chief executive officer of The San Diego Institute for Policy Research, San Diego Source
1/23/2007
"[A new Wal-Mart] is going to enhance the quality of life of our residents, and it will be an anchor to a blighted area."

Councilwoman Janet Nguyen, Los Angeles Times
1/1/2007

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Like every business in America, Wal-Mart is struggling to deal with the soaring cost of health care. But we’ve made improvements to our health benefits and are working to be part of the solution. We offer plans that cost as little as $11 per month and just 30 cents more per day for children in some areas. Co-pays on some common drugs are available for just $3 per prescription, and every child of a Wal-Mart associate is eligible for coverage as soon as their parent is eligible. We also offer our part time associates health care benefits, which is not common in retail.

“Wal-Mart currently has more [than] 615,000 employees in America enrolled in its health-insurance plans, providing coverage to more than one million people. Because of its size, Wal-Mart has been able to use its clout to lower prices paid by its employees for doctor visits and medications, providing, according to a Wal-Mart spokesman, significant savings. One year ago the company offered a new, lower price package to its employees which gave them medical coverage for as little as $11 per month. Such plans are available to both full time and part time employees who have been with the company for at least one year. This is not the norm in the retailing sector, where most part time workers receive no benefits.”

Liz Peek, The New York Sun
8/24/2006
“I learned Wal-Mart has some of the best health care benefits in the retail industry. There are more than 18 different plans to choose from. With the Value Plan, monthly premiums are $25 for an individual, $37 for a single parent, and $65 for a family. Part-time employees are eligible for health insurance after one year of service.”

Tom Forbes, Moscow-Pulman Daily News
8/20/2006
“And [Wal-Mart’s] health-care benefits are a good deal more accessible, … , than those of many of its competitors. Target, for instance—unlike Wal-Mart, to which it is often compared—does not offer ben*efits to part-timers. A recent report on the company by Jason Furman, a visiting scholar and health-care official, dubbed Wal-Mart a ‘progressive success story,’ noting that ‘more Wal-Mart employees are eligible for health insurance than in the retail sector as a whole and even slightly more than the nationwide total.’”

Atlantic Monthly
6/1/2006
“Mark Miller, analyst at William Blair & Co., says [Wal-Mart’s benefits changes are] a step in the right direction and may even make financial sense for Wal-Mart because it could improve morale. ‘You can't look at health-care costs as an individual item,’ he says. ‘After all, it is one that has potentially related benefits like better customer service and creating a better shopping environment.’”

Business Week
4/19/2006
“Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who opened the conference, said he was a strong supporter of Wal-Mart and defended the efforts it is making to expand health care coverage. Besides the low-cost plan, Wal-Mart has extended coverage to the children of part-time staff and launched a $23 a month premium plan for areas that do not have the $11 plan. ‘Wal-Mart makes available insurance to 81 percent of its employees. In the retail world that average is 20 percentage points lower at 61 percent. That's pretty impressive,’ Huckabee said.”

Associated Press
4/18/2006

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Wal-Mart is becoming more environmentally friendly by selling organic products, minimizing waste and conserving energy. For example, some of our fresh food now comes wrapped in corn-based packaging. This initial change of more than 100 million produce containers will save 800,000 gallons of gasoline and prevent more than 11 million pounds of greenhouse gases from polluting our environment. We’re also selling and aggressively promoting high-efficiency light bulbs, which use two-thirds less electricity and prevent 500 pounds of coal from being burned over the life of the bulb.

“[Compact florescent light bulbs] are, indeed, impressive energy-savers. And that’s why Wal-Mart cares about its light-bulb efficiency. Not just because it’s good business for Wal-Mart, mind you. It’s good business for the customer, for Wal-Mart’s suppliers and even for Wal-Mart’s competitors.”

Dennis Boone, The Kansas City Star
1/24/2007
"Just as [Wal-Mart has] brought low prices to consumer goods, they could bring everyday low costs to renewables by using their scale to push the technology and bring down price.”

Elizabeth Sturcken, who heads the corporate partnership programme of Environmental Defense, a non-profit group, Financial Times
1/22/2007
“It's really a perfect match. Fluorescent bulbs cut the cost of lighting, both in dollars and in terms of the environmental impact. Wal-Mart's business DNA is all about cutting costs - for itself and for consumers.”

Andrew Cassel discussing Wal-Mart’s promotion of Compact Florescent Lights, Philadelphia Inquirer
1/3/2007
"The installation of GE's efficient, long-life LED Refrigerated Display Lighting Solution instead of the incumbent fluorescent technology allows Wal-Mart to aggressively pursue its environmental sustainability goals. This massive application of GE-quality LED technology is another shining example of how green is green."

David Elien, president of GELcore, EnergyResource
11/16/2006
"We have long considered Lee Scott a great business partner for the entertainment industry as well as a great role model for those of us who care about the environment, and we are proud to be hosting this event welcoming him to New York."

Bob and Harvey Weinstein, recognizing Wal-Mart for taking on environmental sustainability as one of its corporate themes and aiming to use only renewable energy and create zero wastes, Reuters
10/23/2006

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Remember WM did this first

As part of its ongoing commitment to bringing affordable health care to America’s working families, Wal-Mart is making 291 generic prescription medicines available to customers and associates for only $4 per prescription. The program – initially launched on September 22, 2006 in 65 Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club pharmacies in the Tampa, Florida area – will be expanded statewide in January 2007. Wal-Mart also intends to expand the program nationally in the future, depending on staffing availability, product supply and consumer demand.

''I couldn't be more ecstatic. I give Wal-Mart a lot of credit for doing this. Why can't other drugstores do this? Why can't our own government do this?''

Frank Ganci, a 74 year old retired independent contractor with no drug insurance. Mr. Ganci said he recently paid $12 for a month's supply of three generic drugs at the Wal-Mart which otherwise cost $110 at his local pharmacy. The New York Times
11/30/2006
"Our coalition really supports any creativity that uses market- based forces to lower prices. I think Wal-Mart is basically responding to a market opportunity here. They see 46 million people without health insurance, a lot of who would be shoppers at Wal-Mart and need basic drugs."

Laura Trueman, executive director of the Coalition for Affordable Health Care Coverage, York Daily Record
11/29/2006
“What can you get for four bucks these days? Cheese in a spray can? Cinnamon dental floss? How about a month's supply of life-saving prescription drugs? Thanks to Wal-Mart, that's now possible.”

Peter J. Pitts, Baltimore Sun
11/22/2006
"Many of our seniors are cutting their pills in half and not taking the proper amount of medicine they should be taking. This will change all that."

Sen. Harry Coates [R-OK], Oklahoman
11/17/2006
"This is a big help to seniors and other people who need affordable prescription drugs. When they call, I'm going to tell them about Wal-Mart."

State Rep. Joe Mahaffey, R-Greer, Spartanburg Herald
11/17/2006

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Nevada WM Facts

Real Estate
As of January 2007, Wal-Mart's presence in Nevada includes:
Supercenters: 20
Discount Stores: 6
Neighborhood Markets: 10
SAM'S CLUBS: 5
Distribution Centers: 2

People
As of February 2007, the total number of Wal-Mart associates in Nevada is 13,256.
The average wage for regular, full-time hourly associates in Nevada is $10.70 per hour (Wal-Mart Discount Stores, Supercenters, and Neighborhood Markets). Additionally, associates are eligible for performance-based bonuses.
In recent years, Wal-Mart has contributed four percent of an associate's eligible pay to their combined Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan.

Suppliers
In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $86,943,039 for merchandise and services with 307 suppliers in the state of Nevada. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 12,340 supplier jobs in the state of Nevada.

Taxes and Fees
Wal-Mart collected on behalf of the state of Nevada more than $11.5 million in sales taxes in FYE 2007.
Wal-Mart paid more than $10.7 million in state and local taxes in the state of Nevada in FYE 2007.

Community Involvement
In 2005, Wal-Mart Stores and SAM'S CLUB gave $1,439,385 in cash and in-kind donations to local causes and organizations in the communities they serve in the state of Nevada. Through additional funds raised through stores and Clubs throughout the state, Wal-Mart contributed and raised a grand total of $1,891,815 as a result of its presence in Nevada.
Nevada's 2006 Teacher of the Year is Douglas Bowser from Ruthe Deskin Elementary School in Las Vegas.

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Hawaii WM Facts

Real Estate
As of January 2007, Wal-Mart's presence in Hawaii includes:
Supercenters: 0
Discount Stores: 8
Neighborhood Markets: 0
SAM'S CLUBS: 2
Distribution Centers: 0

People
As of February 2007, the total number of Wal-Mart associates in Hawaii is 4,241.
The average wage for regular, full-time hourly associates in Hawaii is $11.09 per hour (Wal-Mart Discount Stores, Supercenters, and Neighborhood Markets). Additionally, associates are eligible for performance-based bonuses.

Suppliers
In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $169,058,132 for merchandise and services with 484 suppliers in the state of Hawaii. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 16,633 supplier jobs in the state of Hawaii.

Taxes and Fees
Wal-Mart collected on behalf of the state of Hawaii more than $39.2 million in sales taxes in FYE 2007.
Wal-Mart paid more than $6.6 million in state and local taxes in the state of Hawaii in FYE 2007.

Community Involvement
In 2005, Wal-Mart Stores and SAM'S CLUB gave $458,775 in cash and in-kind donations to local causes and organizations in the communities they serve in the state of Hawaii. Through additional funds raised through stores and Clubs throughout the state, Wal-Mart contributed and raised a grand total of $700,216 as a result of its presence in Hawaii.
Hawaii's 2006 Teacher of the Year is Cynthia McAnish from Pahoa High School in Pahoa.

DeltaSigChi4
02-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm surprised that you picked the highest wage environments [Hawai'i, Califa] to quote salaries from. /sarcasm

I mean, when rent is 1400$ a month for a one room, and a gallon of milk is 8$, I'm sure the 11$ an hour that Wal-Mart pays is going do miracles to have you reach ends meet.

Oh, but that's if they EVEN PAY YOU the hours you work ....

Wal-Mart Managers delete time from workers' timecards

* In Massachusetts, "a Middlesex court judge has put his imprimatur on a suit alleging the retail giant failed to pay employees for time worked and neglected to give them meal and rest breaks, the Herald has learned. The eight-page ruling by Superior Court Judge Ernest B. Murphy cites an affidavit by a computer expert hired by the plaintiffs. The expert allegedly found 7,000 instances during a one-year period when Wal-Mart managers deleted large blocks of time from their employee payroll records."
* Source: John Strahinich, "Judge OKs Employee Lawsuit Against Wal-Mart," Boston Herald, January 7, 2005.

E

ediger
02-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Your facts are very off,

$13,861 is that including retired people, who work part-time because ss doesn't pay enough? Maybe thats the college students who works part-time while in school? Better yet, maybe its the person who has another job that doesn't have benefits, so they work at wm to get benefits? If the number was based on full-time associates, then maybe, but that number is BS. I made more than double that as a full-time associate, and I didn't work all my hours (taking off early). So yes, if you include part time associates, many of whom are retired, college students, or people with other jobs, the average yearly income may be $13,861.

I am not buying into one word from someone who refers to Walmart Employees as "associates". Read that one in the employee handbook? Give it up. Walmart isn't providing anything special. I'm sorry, but if you want a decent job with benefits, go to school, get some training, DO SOMETHING!!!

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I am not buying into one word from someone who refers to Walmart Employees as "associates". Read that one in the employee handbook? Give it up. Walmart isn't providing anything special. I'm sorry, but if you want a decent job with benefits, go to school, get some training, DO SOMETHING!!!

Associates? yeah thats what wm calls its employees.

401k, profit sharing, low-cost ins, incentive checks, holiday bonus, paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, sick time, money for college, 10% discount, extra 10% at xmas, 30% off eye wear, free check cashing at wm, 30% off money orders etc.... Your right, no benefits.

decent job/school? Is that towards me? I have my BA, 1/3 of my Masters, and I am lined up with another job. I will be leaving wm in less than 6 months. I hate to break it to you but wm is the perfect job for a college student. I worked at WM to pay for most of my education, and to live off of. Getting paid $17 an hour, per check paying $.90 for $200,000 life ins, $45 for health ins, $3 for dental, and $1.47 for $150,000 ad&d. It sure beats minimum wage at a fast food joint, or at blockbuster (hs job) with no benefits or very minimum after many years.

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm surprised that you picked the highest wage environments [Hawai'i, Califa] to quote salaries from. /sarcasm

I mean, when rent is 1400$ a month for a one room, and a gallon of milk is 8$, I'm sure the 11$ an hour that Wal-Mart pays is going do miracles to have you reach ends meet.

E

I did CA, NV and Hawaii. I did those since A) I am from Cali B) Your myspace says NV C) your myspace listed fights in Hawaii many times........... Those just happened to be the 3 I opened and copied. Sure $11 may not be a miracle, but its a lot better than minimum wage. Not all rent is $1,400, so yes someone has to live within their means.

As far as time clocks, any company has bad apples, it's not a company policy. One of the isses brought up were when associates would call in (not come into work) and ask their sup/man to fill out a white slip (used to request pay vac/sick/per/brev). Associates would complain if the white slips did not get turned in or if wrong hours were used (vac instead of per, etc...). Now we get to use a 2 sided full sheet of paper, instead of a 4 x 6 in. In addition, now sup/man cannot fill out the white slip if we call-in and cannot make it into fill it out and get paid.

Havocquarm
02-25-2007, 09:13 PM

E

Ok, lets all stop shopping at walmart and see all the people that depend on their wages try to find jobs else where. All big oganizations are gonna face lawsuits, from the major to the not so major. 31 lawsuits is actually very small considering the volume of employees that walmart has.

That average employees earnings doesn't include the depth of college, retired, and part time workers that are there. Thousands upon thousands of people hold down a full time and part time job, with walmart being the latter alot of the time.

Of course Wal-mart employees will cost US taxpayers money, every person in the United States cost US tax money. Everyone also puts in alot of money, which was set up by the New Deal acts. Everyone is costing the government money, but alot of those people are also paying the government.

Of course Walmart drives retail wages down a year, thats called turning a profit, which is the basis of our capitalistic society. Do any of these figures include the mass amounts of benefits walmart employee's receive?

There are some arguments. Numbers are easy to read, why dont you try considering outside forces and the nature of the economy.

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Ok, lets all stop shopping at walmart and see all the people that depend on their wages try to find jobs else where. All big oganizations are gonna face lawsuits, from the major to the not so major. 31 lawsuits is actually very small considering the volume of employees that walmart has.

That average employees earnings doesn't include the depth of college, retired, and part time workers that are there. Thousands upon thousands of people hold down a full time and part time job, with walmart being the latter alot of the time.

Of course Wal-mart employees will cost US taxpayers money, every person in the United States cost US tax money. Everyone also puts in alot of money, which was set up by the New Deal acts. Everyone is costing the government money, but alot of those people are also paying the government.

Of course Walmart drives retail wages down a year, thats called turning a profit, which is the basis of our capitalistic society. Do any of these figures include the mass amounts of benefits walmart employee's receive?

There are some arguments. Numbers are easy to read, why dont you try considering outside forces and the nature of the economy.

Thank you

DeltaSigChi4
02-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok, lets all stop shopping at walmart and see all the people that depend on their wages ....

*snip

Here you go, neo-con ...

Retort Away (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925)

E

Havocquarm
02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
You didn't argue any of my points back at all, now I'm watching some shitty little "spin" video that focuses on the negatives of Capitalism as a whole. Sounds like these videomakers want to focus more on their perceived downfalls of capitalism, highlighting Walmart because it is a powerhouse.

Back on topic, I might pick up a few of these tent fans, keep a little bit of a breeze in the mornings so its just disgustingly hot, not retardedly hot.

DeltaSigChi4
02-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Buy a hundred of them for all I care.

Nice of you keeping an open mind about a DOCUMENTARY.

It's all lies, according to Republicans (and you).

Global warming is all a lie as well. Liberal hogwash.

So is the Irak civil war. We're winning.

USA! USA! USA!

http://www.ussutah.org/Old_Glory.jpg

*bleeds red white and blue

E

Havocquarm
02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Just because its a documentary doesn't mean that it doesn't put a seeded opinion or view into it.

All you can say is how ass backwards Wal-mart and America is in general, but you dont provide ANY valid points. You just post stupid little pictures with catchy phrases that are meant to twist the thoughts of people that don't look deeply enough into the subject as yourself.

I assume thats its safe to say that you have failed in all areas of your argument, never once refuting any of my points. You fail at providing any reasonable arguments, those arguments representing your thoughts and ideas, which in turn represents your life. So you fail at life.

ediger
02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Associates? yeah thats what wm calls its employees.

401k, profit sharing, low-cost ins, incentive checks, holiday bonus, paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, sick time, money for college, 10% discount, extra 10% at xmas, 30% off eye wear, free check cashing at wm, 30% off money orders etc.... Your right, no benefits.

decent job/school? Is that towards me? I have my BA, 1/3 of my Masters, and I am lined up with another job. I will be leaving wm in less than 6 months. I hate to break it to you but wm is the perfect job for a college student. I worked at WM to pay for most of my education, and to live off of. Getting paid $17 an hour, per check paying $.90 for $200,000 life ins, $45 for health ins, $3 for dental, and $1.47 for $150,000 ad&d. It sure beats minimum wage at a fast food joint, or at blockbuster (hs job) with no benefits or very minimum after many years.

Jesus fucking Christ. You are completely brainwashed. Get your head out of your ass and do something thinking, PLEASE! Do you really feel good about working for a company that frequently uses child labour? How about outsourcing production jobs to places with no labour laws or emmission controls? Sure Walmart hands out the benefits, it gives them a better image and fools like you will buy into all of that shite. The bad FAAAAAR outweighs the good here.

kimery08
02-26-2007, 12:25 PM
who the hell works this hard to defend walmart?

its WALMART for christs sake.

ediger
02-26-2007, 12:45 PM
who the hell works this hard to defend walmart?

its WALMART for christs sake.

I was thinking the same thing. It's as if they are personally offended by people hating Walmart.

Havocquarm
02-26-2007, 01:03 PM
So your best arguments are that the people defending walmart put too much effort into defending it?

I'm more than okay with people not liking wal-mart, hell, I prefer Target more myself. Just have a good reason for not liking something, not some half assed reason like "OMGz they outsource" or "Michael Moore said they eat babies while rolling in the moneys". Hell, I would even settle for "I don't like their store set up" reason for not going better then accussing them of what thousands upon thousands of corporations do also.

Everyone generalizes Wal-mart to be this american demon company, but what it really is would be expert planning and strategic moves to become one of the most dominant forces in the economy.

Wal-mart is a prime product of capitalism at its finest. Whether capitalism is right or wrong is up to you, just don't fault Wal-mart for exceeding in its settings.

Personally, I have never worked for wal-mart, or plan on working for them.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's as if they are personally offended by people hating Walmart.

So are you personally offended by myself and others who support Wal-Mart?

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 01:10 PM
So your best arguments are that the people defending walmart put too much effort into defending it?

My best argument has already been made. SEE #38 (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74741&postcount=38)

I've seen what Wal-Mart does firsthand. I've seen them disgracefully desecrate ancient graves in Hawai'i so they can carry on with their campaign to scorch the Earth. I've lived in the third world. If your best argument to discredit us is mentioning Michael Moore [who has never done a single piece on Wal-Mart, ever] and claiming that the documentary has a biased slant [without ever even watching it], then your best argument is best fit for a segment of Hannity & Colmes. I'm sure you would be able to get on. Send them an email.

E

kimery08
02-26-2007, 01:20 PM

that isnt what ediger or myself meant at all. we were just simply commenting on the obscure passion that is being shown regarding walmart.

but please, continue.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Jesus fucking Christ. You are completely brainwashed. Get your head out of your ass and do something thinking, PLEASE! Do you really feel good about working for a company that frequently uses child labour? How about outsourcing production jobs to places with no labour laws or emmission controls? Sure Walmart hands out the benefits, it gives them a better image and fools like you will buy into all of that shite. The bad FAAAAAR outweighs the good here.

I am brain washed for supporting the company I work for? Why isn't it that you are brain washed for opposing it? Child labor, may occur in some of the plants overseas that produces the products made for US companies. What you do not realize is that when WM or other corps go over to inspect the working conditions prior to buying from them, that is not the image seen. It has happened to Nike, the Gap, Sean John, etc..... when the factory is toured everything is perfect. However, after they leave the conditions change. It is not WM, the Gap, or Nike who owns these factories, they are buying from another comp/man.

And btw, HELLO!!!! nearly anything you buy at any store is made in factories just like these. From clothes, shoes, housewear, electronics, food, etc...... In Mexico near Tecalote (sp?), there is a Bud Beer factory who has 8-13 year olds working, where is that protest? As far as emmission controls, what car do you drive and wear was it made? Your clothes? Shoes? Computer? Talking about computers, do you have a Dell? Did they take away your old comp? Well those are sent overseas to a landfill. Children break open the comp screens to get the metal out. Guess what, they are also getting radiation posioning. The amount of birth defects has increased more than you could imagine.

WM has better benefits than most of the other corps in the non-higher education needed class. Fool, nope sorry. Maybe I should have flipped burgers or delivered pizzas to pay for college. Make minimum wage instead of $17, nearly no benefits, the benefits available are expensive, no 401k, profit sharing, incentive checks, stock buying discount, holiday bonus, sick time, personal time, vacation time, paid holidays, money for college, etc..... Yeah your right, I was a fool for not getting a job where I can say, do you want fries with that?

Havocquarm
02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Like hell I didn't watch the documentary, it was mainly interviewing the townspeople who felt wal-mart had ruined their local stores, overseas workers that dont work for very much at all, and how walmart was costing the taxpayers money.

I used the Michael Moore comment to generalize these types of "documentaries", where they appear to show you the "truth", which in reality is only one side.

Where are all the people being interviewed that wouldn't be able to survive without wal-mart? And for those that talk about the poor labor conditions, do you think they would be better with no jobs at all? While wal-mart could pay their overseas workers more, they are still providing them with some sort of income.

You are only looking at the negative aspects of a corporation, and then you go saying my "best argument" is the Michael Moore and biased slant comment. Have you even been reading what I have been saying. Then you go on to assume that I haven't watch the documentary, that I never gave it a chance.

You keep spouting the same rhetoric without comprehending all facets to the equation. I will say it again:

ATTACK CAPITALISM IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE OUTCOMES OF CORPORATIONS AND THEIR ACTIONS IN OUR CURRENT ECONOMY.

Thats the only point I'm trying to make. Its like fighting a Hydra, you can keep on chopping off it's heads, but two more will grow back. You have to attack the heart of something if you don't like it.

So stop going around shitting on all these Wal-mart threads because you dont like capitalism.

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Did you watch the documentary yet?

Because they [Wal-Mart] don't have to inspect the factories, they can watch the GODDAMN DOCUMENTARY AND SEE THE WORKING CONDITIONS ... you pathetically brain-washed corporate mouthpiece.

And they have had inspectors come back and report findings of the oveaseas factories, and Wal-Mart has fired them for it.

Do you know how to read? Google is your friend.

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 01:48 PM
that isnt what ediger or myself meant at all. we were just simply commenting on the obscure passion that is being shown regarding walmart.

but please, continue.

If its a valid claim then thats fine, but to many people see a movie about wm, and think that its the bible. More often than not, its very biased and people don't look any deeper than what they see sitting on their ass infront of their tv. I watched one of the movies (I call it a movie, since it isnt a real doc), and in the movie it even states that many other corp buy the products from this one factory. Yet, WM is the only one named and many people are to stupid to think about that. That regardless of where you buy a certain product, it all comes from the same place. So if you refuse to buy items from WM because of how they are, then you shouldn't from target, kmart, mervyns, the gap, old navy, footlocker, or buy any cds/dvds (made in the same factories overseas). WM is not the only one outsourcing jobs as the video stated. Don't forget to cancel all of your credit cards, since many of the call centers are now in India. Make sure you don't get sick, some of the xrays/mri/etc.. you take may be sent to India to discover whats wrong with you.

I am not just support WM, I am supporting the world wide economy. WM does not just buy from overseas, go to walmartfacts.com and select your state. From that you will find how many businesses wm buys from in that state AND how many jobs are supported buy WM buying from them. I hate to break it to everyone, but not everything is from overseas at wm.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Did you watch the documentary yet?

Because they [Wal-Mart] don't have to inspect the factories, they can watch the GODDAMN DOCUMENTARY AND SEE THE WORKING CONDITIONS ... you pathetically brain-washed corporate mouthpiece.

And they have had inspectors come back and report findings of the oveaseas factories, and Wal-Mart has fired them for it.

Do you know how to read? Google is your friend.

E

Yes because the people making the documentary would want to include the factories that are working how they are supposed to, right? How hard would it be to pay off a few people, and have them talk shit about wm? As far as wm firing people because of what they found, unlikely. More than likely they were fired from their job for something else, and are bitter. How hard is it to find a bitter person who was fired and have them talk shit about who fired them?

AND HELLO to YOU, the film talked about how the beads were going to many companies, not just WM. So HELLO, where is the protest to the other companies? What about mardi gras? It is mardi gras and the tradition of throwing beads that started this. Where is the hate towards this tradition? On new years did you have beads? Well then you supported this practice, and didn't learn anything from the film then.

And yes I do know how to read, do you know how to think for yourself?

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I hate to break it to everyone, but not everything is from overseas at wm.

I love to break it to you ....

WAL-MART Imported 18$ BILLION from CHINA in 2004 ALONE

Source (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-11/29/content_395728.htm)

Do me a favour and find me any source that proves that Wal-Mart purchased 18$ BILLION in good from all 50 states combined in one year.

E

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes because the people making the documentary would want to include the facorties that are working how they are supposed to, right? How hard would it be to pay off a few people, and have them talk shit about wm? As far as wm firing people because of what they found, unlikely. More than likely they were fired from their job for something else, and are bitter. How hard is it to find a bitter person who was fired and have them talk shit about who fired them?

People who are being paid cents don't have clean healthy working environments. Have you even been to a third world country? And save your hypotheticals about embittered Wal-Mart employees to yourself. You have no proof and just talking straight out your anus. But then again, you do work for Wal-Mart, so can we expect any better?

AND HELLO to YOU, the film talked about how the beads were going to many companies, not just WM. So HELLO, where is the protest to the other companies? What about mardi gras? It is mardi gras and the tradition of throwing beads that started this. Where is the hate towards this tradition? On new years did you have beads? Well then you supported this practice, and didn't learn anything from the film then.

I don't throw beads. I don't wear beads. I have never worn beads in my life.

And yes I do know how to read, do you know how to think for yourself?

This from the corporate mouthpiece that just a day ago was shamelessly posting Wal-Mart propaganda figures. What will she think of next?

E

kimery08
02-26-2007, 03:07 PM
well i guess that ended that.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 03:07 PM
People who are being paid cents don't have clean healthy working environments. Have you even been to a third world country? And save your hypotheticals about embittered Wal-Mart employees to yourself. You have no proof and just talking straight out your anus. But then again, you do work for Wal-Mart, so can we expect any better?

I don't throw beads. I don't wear beads. I have never worn beads in my life.

This from the corporate mouthpiece that just a day ago was shamelessly posting Wal-Mart propaganda figures. What will she think of next?

E

Here you go,

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,083,452,187 for merchandise and services with 1,276 suppliers in the state of Alabama. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 50,979 supplier jobs in the state of Alabama.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $40,427,282 for merchandise and services with 222 suppliers in the state of Alaska. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 7,042 supplier jobs in the state of Alaska.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,579,996,089 for merchandise and services with 926 suppliers in the state of Arizona. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 42,388 supplier jobs in the state of Arizona.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $8,769,502,186 for merchandise and services with 1,827 suppliers in the state of Arkansas. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 65,838 supplier jobs in the state of Arkansas.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $20,444,664,678 for merchandise and services with 3,929 suppliers in the state of California. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 248,027 supplier jobs in the state of California.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $987,170,142 for merchandise and services with 1,056 suppliers in the state of Colorado. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 42,011 supplier jobs in the state of Colorado.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $2,301,371,468 for merchandise and services with 507 suppliers in the state of Connecticut. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 31,092 supplier jobs in the state of Connecticut.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $122,415,815 for merchandise and services with 160 suppliers in the state of Delaware. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 7,083 supplier jobs in the state of Delaware.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $4,939,149,238 for merchandise and services with 2,873 suppliers in the state of Florida. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 131,272 supplier jobs in the state of Florida.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $7,831,947,846 for merchandise and services with 2,233 suppliers in the state of Georgia. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 105,970 supplier jobs in the state of Georgia.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $169,058,132 for merchandise and services with 484 suppliers in the state of Hawaii. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 16,633 supplier jobs in the state of Hawaii.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $267,121,967 for merchandise and services with 322 suppliers in the state of Idaho. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 17,336 supplier jobs in the state of Idaho.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $12,150,131,007 for merchandise and services with 2,704 suppliers in the state of Illinois. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 157,243 supplier jobs in the state of Illinois.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $2,277,791,647 for merchandise and services with 1,558 suppliers in the state of Indiana. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 93,857 supplier jobs in the state of Indiana.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $955,939,419 for merchandise and services with 1,041 suppliers in the state of Iowa. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 56,784 supplier jobs in the state of Iowa.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,475,601,418 for merchandise and services with 977 suppliers in the state of Kansas. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 37,382 supplier jobs in the state of Kansas.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,901,796,630 for merchandise and services with 1,177 suppliers in the state of Kentucky. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 54,241 supplier jobs in the state of Kentucky.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $717,749,627 for merchandise and services with 1,199 suppliers in the state of Louisiana. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 37,238 supplier jobs in the state of Louisiana.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $108,319,149 for merchandise and services with 329 suppliers in the state of Maine. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 11,778 supplier jobs in the state of Maine.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $764,933,375 for merchandise and services with 620 suppliers in the state of Maryland. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 29,125 supplier jobs in the state of Maryland.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $3,167,073,414 for merchandise and services with 828 suppliers in the state of Massachusetts. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 60,530 supplier jobs in the state of Massachusetts.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $3,406,617,146 for merchandise and services with 1,569 suppliers in the state of Michigan. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 62,373 supplier jobs in the state of Michigan.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $3,189,657,957 for merchandise and services with 1,245 suppliers in the state of Minnesota. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 121,982 supplier jobs in the state of Minnesota.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $389,405,493 for merchandise and services with 878 suppliers in the state of Mississippi. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 38,923 supplier jobs in the state of Mississippi.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $5,047,450,133 for merchandise and services with 1,986 suppliers in the state of Missouri. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 94,604 supplier jobs in the state of Missouri.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $47,809,282 for merchandise and services with 342 suppliers in the state of Montana. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 10,913 supplier jobs in the state of Montana.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,756,154,929 for merchandise and services with 638 suppliers in the state of Nebraska. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 36,530 supplier jobs in the state of Nebraska.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $86,943,039 for merchandise and services with 307 suppliers in the state of Nevada. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 12,340 supplier jobs in the state of Nevada.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $129,738,517 for merchandise and services with 397 suppliers in the state of New Hampshire. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 13,643 supplier jobs in the state of New Hampshire.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $10,548,074,577 for merchandise and services with 1,074 suppliers in the state of New Jersey. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 82,355 supplier jobs in the state of New Jersey.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $140,116,656 for merchandise and services with 564 suppliers in the state of New Mexico. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 13,785 supplier jobs in the state of New Mexico.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $11,813,795,459 for merchandise and services with 2,603 suppliers in the state of New York. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 179,483 supplier jobs in the state of New York.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $3,495,542,427 for merchandise and services with 1,822 suppliers in the state of North Carolina. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 91,474 supplier jobs in the state of North Carolina.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $108,969,721 for merchandise and services with 245 suppliers in the state of North Dakota. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 12,394 supplier jobs in the state of North Dakota.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $12,520,188,705 for merchandise and services with 2,251 suppliers in the state of Ohio. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 157,380 supplier jobs in the state of Ohio.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $798,144,978 for merchandise and services with 1,190 suppliers in the state of Oklahoma. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 36,946 supplier jobs in the state of Oklahoma.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $374,625,100 for merchandise and services with 641 suppliers in the state of Oregon. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 29,883 supplier jobs in the state of Oregon.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $4,669,514,717 for merchandise and services with 2,436 suppliers in the state of Pennsylvania. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 158,511 supplier jobs in the state of Pennsylvania.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $345,539,325 for merchandise and services with 164 suppliers in the state of Rhode Island. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 13,626 supplier jobs in the state of Rhode Island.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,375,961,438 for merchandise and services with 935 suppliers in the state of South Carolina. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 37,505 supplier jobs in the state of South Carolina.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,912,167,931 for merchandise and services with 250 suppliers in the state of South Dakota. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 9,772 supplier jobs in the state of South Dakota.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $2,478,148,433 for merchandise and services with 1,621 suppliers in the state of Tennessee. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 74,020 supplier jobs in the state of Tennessee.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $17,552,612,675 for merchandise and services with 5,272 suppliers in the state of Texas. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 224,977 supplier jobs in the state of Texas.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $832,022,474 for merchandise and services with 743 suppliers in the state of Utah. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 29,528 supplier jobs in the state of Utah.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $51,397,655 for merchandise and services with 91 suppliers in the state of Vermont. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 3,368 supplier jobs in the state of Vermont.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,859,436,675 for merchandise and services with 1,286 suppliers in the state of Virginia. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 72,148 supplier jobs in the state of Virginia.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $1,184,108,583 for merchandise and services with 935 suppliers in the state of Washington. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 71,509 supplier jobs in the state of Washington.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $119,509,695 for merchandise and services with 504 suppliers in the state of West Virginia. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 19,024 supplier jobs in the state of West Virginia.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $3,173,662,880 for merchandise and services with 1,576 suppliers in the state of Wisconsin. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 104,411 supplier jobs in the state of Wisconsin.

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $9,733,447 for merchandise and services with 222 suppliers in the state of Wyoming. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 3,746 supplier jobs in the state of Wyoming.

US Figures from the info above

Merchandise/Services = just look above

Supported Suppliers Jobs = 3,066,761

WM Associates = 1,300,000

kimery08
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
dammit! why couldnt i have waited one more minute?!

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I love to break it to you ....

WAL-MART Imported 18$ BILLION from CHINA in 2004 ALONE

Source (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-11/29/content_395728.htm)

Do me a favour and find me any source that proves that Wal-Mart purchased 18$ BILLION in good from all 50 states combined in one year.

E

See 2 above, how do you like them apples?

ediger
02-26-2007, 03:10 PM

Yes, in fact, I am. I don't have a problem with people who occasionally shop at Walmart, but I do with people who are seemingly staunch Walmart supporters. Actually, I guess its not so much that it offends me, but confuses.

You people can say all you want about Walmart using smart business practices to get where they are. Yes, they did, I can agree to that, but the way big business runs right now is one of the main causes of the gross disparity around the world. Outsourcing in itself is not bad, but doing so to take advantage of situations in 3rd world countries in order to increase profit is sleazy. With their profit margins, Walmart could very easily open their own manufacturing plants in these countries and impose better working conditions and pay, like they do in North America.

You people are making Walmart out to sounds like some charitable organization when all it is, is another business. They are out to increase their profits, anything else is an afterthought.

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Does that total 20.8 BILLION? Because that's what I have figured as a CONSERVATIVE FIGURE of what they have imported in FYE 2007 from the People's Republic of China [PRC], alone. How? 20% growth is a conservative figure; they will still attempting to get a foothold in East PRC at the time of the Chinadaily article. And that's just China, let's not forget that they openly support slavery in other markets as well -- such as South America.

E

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 03:16 PM
See 2 above, how do you like them apples?

Where's your total, babycakes?

I'm not going to add that shit up. You do that. You are the one who works for Wal-Mart after all. Get to it.

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Not shopping at WM because they spent 18 million in China, ok. At least see the following and take it into consideration. More was bought in CA by WM, than in all of China.

Look at the money spent in each state, these are for service and merchandise bought by Wal-Mart that helps support 3,066,761 jobs for people that work at these suppliers. Not including 1.3 million WM associates, that include part time associates that are college students, individuals working for wm part time as a second job, and elderly/retired people that work at wm because their social security check is to small to live off of. Repeat the average income of $13-14,000 all you want, but at least be able to see that its a biased number.

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
What part of 20.8 BILLION American dollars don't you understand?

BILLION.

B-I-L-L-I-O-N

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
The below is from 28 states where Wal-Mart bought over a billion in services and merchandise, and the very rough low amount is $153.9 billion. So you say WM 18 million in China, how much did Target?

$20,444,664,678 for merchandise and services with 3,929 suppliers in the state of California.

$17,552,612,675 for merchandise and services with 5,272 suppliers in the state of Texas.

$12,520,188,705 for merchandise and services with 2,251 suppliers in the state of Ohio.

$12,150,131,007 for merchandise and services with 2,704 suppliers in the state of Illinois.

$11,813,795,459 for merchandise and services with 2,603 suppliers in the state of New York.

$10,548,074,577 for merchandise and services with 1,074 suppliers in the state of New Jersey.

$8,769,502,186 for merchandise and services with 1,827 suppliers in the state of Arkansas.

$7,831,947,846 for merchandise and services with 2,233 suppliers in the state of Georgia.

$5,047,450,133 for merchandise and services with 1,986 suppliers in the state of Missouri.

$4,939,149,238 for merchandise and services with 2,873 suppliers in the state of Florida.

$4,669,514,717 for merchandise and services with 2,436 suppliers in the state of Pennsylvania.

$3,495,542,427 for merchandise and services with 1,822 suppliers in the state of North Carolina.

$3,406,617,146 for merchandise and services with 1,569 suppliers in the state of Michigan.

$3,189,657,957 for merchandise and services with 1,245 suppliers in the state of Minnesota.

$3,173,662,880 for merchandise and services with 1,576 suppliers in the state of Wisconsin.

$3,167,073,414 for merchandise and services with 828 suppliers in the state of Massachusetts.

$2,478,148,433 for merchandise and services with 1,621 suppliers in the state of Tennessee.

$2,301,371,468 for merchandise and services with 507 suppliers in the state of Connecticut.

$2,277,791,647 for merchandise and services with 1,558 suppliers in the state of Indiana.

$1,912,167,931 for merchandise and services with 250 suppliers in the state of South Dakota.

$1,901,796,630 for merchandise and services with 1,177 suppliers in the state of Kentucky.

$1,859,436,675 for merchandise and services with 1,286 suppliers in the state of Virginia.

$1,756,154,929 for merchandise and services with 638 suppliers in the state of Nebraska.

$1,579,996,089 for merchandise and services with 926 suppliers in the state of Arizona.

$1,475,601,418 for merchandise and services with 977 suppliers in the state of Kansas.

$1,375,961,438 for merchandise and services with 935 suppliers in the state of South Carolina.

$1,184,108,583 for merchandise and services with 935 suppliers in the state of Washington.

$1,083,452,187 for merchandise and services with 1,276 suppliers in the state of Alabama.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 03:59 PM
More than $153.9 billion in US dollars in only 28 state

What part of that did you not understand?

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh snap. I get it now. "Services" includes the pay that they give their workers. HAHAHHAHAH!!!! Try getting a figure that is SOLELY goods and not combining the pay that they give the workers of their 100,000 Superstores. And I said 20.8$ Billion from PRC; you obviously have Wal-Mart "associate"-level reading capabilities considering you keep mentioning "millions" of PRC trade deficit.

E

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Come, come, come again.

E

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 04:01 PM
XXXXXXX for "for merchandise and services". Try just merchandise, Einstein.

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Where's your total, babycakes?

I'm not going to add that shit up. You do that. You are the one who works for Wal-Mart after all. Get to it.

E

Sorry I didn't know you were not able to do rough adding. Since CA is $20.44 BILLION and TX is $17.55 BILLION, what else do you need?

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Listen. I understand you're not very intelligent. So I will break it down as simple as I can.

Those figures, the ones you claim are 20.44 Billion for California and 17.55 Billion for Texas, INCLUDE salaries, therefore cannot be compared to a import figure that is SOLELY goods. Do you understand the words that you are reading? Can you read English at an 8th grade level?

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh snap. I get it now. "Services" includes the pay that they give their workers. HAHAHHAHAH!!!! Try getting a figure that is SOLELY goods and not combining the pay that they give the workers of their 100,000 Superstores. And I said 20.8$ Billion from PRC; you obviously have Wal-Mart "associate"-level reading capabilities considering you keep mentioning "millions" of PRC trade deficit.

E

Not really, I hate to break it to you. That does not include what wm pays its workers, its what it pays suppliers who provide a service. I guess you couldn't read.

"for merchandise and services with xxxx suppliers in the state of"

WM pays suppliers to add WM barcodes to their product. WM also pays suppliers to put the name wm/equate on boxes/packages. Thats why when you go to WM or Target you will find their name on packages. To dumb it down for you, Wal-mart buys a product from Ensure. Wal-Mart then buys the product of labels for the ensure that says equate. Wal-Mart then pays Ensure a service fee for applying the label.

The only time I mentioned Millions is when I was refering to the amount of jobs walmart helps support by buying from their suppliers. That amount was 3,066,761, and I stated it did not include the 1.3 million wm associates.

NEXT

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Here. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925)

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Listen. I understand you're not very intelligent. So I will break it down as simple as I can.

Those figures, the ones you claim are 20.44 Billion for California and 17.55 Billion for Texas, INCLUDE salaries, therefore cannot be compared to a import figure that is SOLELY goods. Do you understand the words that you are reading? Can you read English at an 8th grade level?

E

Do you have a 6th grade education??? Read whats in front of you,

In FYE 2007, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc spent $17,552,612,675 for merchandise and services with 5,272 suppliers in the state of Texas. As a result of Wal-Mart's relationship with these suppliers, Wal-Mart supports 224,977 supplier jobs in the state of Texas.

merchandise and services with suppliers

supplier jobs in the state

The numbers do not include any money spent on associates or their pay, nor do the totals include associates

NEXT

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Yay! Colour-coded!!!

Did they teach you that at Wal-Mart?

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 04:43 PM

but please, continue.

I really could care less, I shop where ever has what I want, is closest, and isn't packed. I only worked for wm to pay my bills while in college, and I am already going to be leaving this summer to start my career. My job there served its purpose, I made more than double minimum wage, I had benefits, and I have a small amount of retirement money. I have never planned on working there for the rest of my life, nor do I have anything bad to say about it. Had I of stayed at Blockbuster and remained an after school coach (hs jobs), I would still be making minimum wage and having to work 40+ hours a week at each job to make what I am making at wm.

I agree with what I believe you said earlier, if you want more money or better benefits get an education. Working at wm as an associate is not a career, its a job. If you want to move up the chain, it can be a career. Most of the managers make $38,000 a year, and then get a $10-15,000 bonus at the end of the year if numbers are good(can't think of a time it hasn't been). Some managers make close to $50,000 prior to the bonus. WM is a company known for promoting within, and most of the managers started out as associates.

I am only replying to the posts, because of the how un-educated delta...... is. Sadly, he reflects the un-educated view point of many in society.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Yay! Colour-coded!!!

Did they teach you that at Wal-Mart?

E

wow, nothing to say.

next

Havocquarm
02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
You people are making Walmart out to sounds like some charitable organization when all it is, is another business. They are out to increase their profits, anything else is an afterthought.

Thank you so much, thats been my point the entire time. Good or bad, wal-mart is JUST a business. They run their operations like so many other businesses, so blame the conditions which created them.

I feel bad that we shitted all over this fine thread about 9 dollar fans. I might go pick up a few of these this week.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I might go all out and get the $20 one that comes with led lights. Anyone have it? I was also thinking about getting 2 $9 ones, so I can sleep in until 8:30am.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4767725

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I can only hope that the cheap motor[s] malfunctions and burns your tent + belongings to the ground.

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Is that what happened to your double wide trailer???

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I am sorry I mean your home, I forgot you took the wheels off.

ediger
02-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you so much, thats been my point the entire time. Good or bad, wal-mart is JUST a business. They run their operations like so many other businesses, so blame the conditions which created them.

I feel bad that we shitted all over this fine thread about 9 dollar fans. I might go pick up a few of these this week.

I do blame the conditions that allow this to go on, but I also blame the companies like Walmart, Target, shit I could go on forever. They have built themselves and continue to grow by abusing a broken system. It's inevitable and big business will always do it. Doesn't make it right. Using the services of a lot of these companies is almost unavoidable, but I really wish people would limit their dependency on them. That's the only way things will even start to change.

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
There are hardly any trailers in Las Vegas.

Let me tell you ... that I undoubtedly live in a more affluent area than you do.

Do you know what the strip is?

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I do blame the conditions that allow this to go on, but I also blame the companies like Walmart, Target, shit I could go on forever. They have built themselves and continue to grow by abusing a broken system. It's inevitable and big business will always do it. Doesn't make it right. Using the services of a lot of these companies is almost unavoidable, but I really wish people would limit their dependency on them. That's the only way things will even start to change.

But if you watched the south park about Wal-Mart, you will see how the cycle begins again with another company. Its a strange example, but its true.
Where is JC Pennys, Sears, Kmart, Ace, etc..... from years past? Now its Wal-Mart, Target, Mervyns, Khols, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.... In the years to come 5-100 years these companies will be replaced with another, and so forth. Just look at the way music is obtained and the way radio stations are. It has created a whole new empire.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 05:48 PM
There are hardly any trailers in Las Vegas.

Let me tell you ... that I undoubtedly live in a more affluent area than you do.

Do you know what the strip is?

E

hahahahahahahaha

I am not talking about where you go to pay for sex!!

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 07:34 PM
You must know a lot about that quad off of Trop.

Supplementary employment to support you in lieu of the unlivable wages Wal-Mart pays? Understandable.

E

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
You must know a lot about that quad off of Trop.

Supplementary employment to support you in lieu of the unlivable wages Wal-Mart pays? Understandable.

E

Nope its where your mother offered to eat my pussy. Tell her hi for me

ediger
02-27-2007, 08:20 AM
But if you watched the south park about Wal-Mart, you will see how the cycle begins again with another company. Its a strange example, but its true.
Where is JC Pennys, Sears, Kmart, Ace, etc..... from years past? Now its Wal-Mart, Target, Mervyns, Khols, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.... In the years to come 5-100 years these companies will be replaced with another, and so forth. Just look at the way music is obtained and the way radio stations are. It has created a whole new empire.

Its true, and its pretty much inevitable. I just don't see why people feel the need to do ALL of their shopping at these places. There's other locally owned stores that sell higher quality goods. Go there.

GTI_GRL
02-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Its true, and its pretty much inevitable. I just don't see why people feel the need to do ALL of their shopping at these places. There's other locally owned stores that sell higher quality goods. Go there.

For some people, all they can afford is what WM stocks. WM is not a high end or mid level store by any means. Its funny that people always mention that everything at walmart is cheap. I guess these people do not grasp the concept that that is WM mission. To have low prices so that people that are price sensitive will have a place to buy stuff. Yes, that means that a lot of people on government assistance, minimum wage, and social security shop there. But on the flip side, WM tends to build stores in areas that are under served and do not have many shopping options.

I get my household goods (tp, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc...) and personal supplies (toothpaste/brush, shamp/con, deo, female goods, over the counter medicine, etc...) at WM, but I do not buy everything there. When I painted my house I went to a local mom and pop paint store, that has since closed due to a Home Depot coming in.

Just like when I can find a non-chain music or book store I go there. I love going to the beat in SAC, and the book store that was right by there. There is also a lot of good mom and pop art stores up there. But sadly, where I am from, its very limited on what can be bought at a non-chain store in my community. When we go out to eat, 9 out of 10 times its a family owned place.

Also back to the first subject, wm doesn't sell the highest quality goods. That is not something they try to hide. WM offers goods that many people couldn't afford other wise in a cheaper form. For example, a cheap surround sound instead of Bose. WM carrys lots of cheap to middle range goods, and online may have a higher middle range offered. Target tends to have very few lower, and more middle to higher middle end. The stores are targeted at different consumers, but they over lap a little.

Like I said before, I shop where ever is closer, has less people and has what I want. I never go to WM the first week of any month, as I do not want to deal with the mothers day crowd. Thats the time to go to Target or rough it w/o what I need.