shakermaker113
05-27-2010, 07:31 PM
what the fuck does russell brand know?

beavington
05-27-2010, 07:34 PM
its an article about festivals.

Boourns
05-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Grateful Dead members in Golden Gate Park...that should be a draw.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-27-2010, 07:50 PM
wait, what? who? WHO THE FUCK IS FURTHER? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THESE ASSHOLES? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? FUCK THIS FESTIVAL IF THAT IS TRUE.

I clearly wasn't paying attention to any of the previous talk of this band.

hasebj22
05-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Further would be dope and I hate the greatful dead. I think the main thing having the chance to see something somewhat legendary at a fest like this and remaining members of the Dead in Golden Gate Park is something that should universally be thought of as cool. Either way that you spin it KOL, Phoenix, MMJ and a possible Arcade Fire cant hold a candle to the last headliners or even the last 2nd tier people. Are they popular, hell yes, are they 2 nights of headliners, no way in hell. Put one of those bands as the opener for a band like Further or DMB or Stevie Wonder or Bob Dylan and then you got something. And whats with everyone getting all pissy at something that should be thought of as a good discussion? Im going to the fest either way and im not gonna bitch either way but people sure as hell have the right to express an opinion. I guess that forums for ya.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Further would be dope and I hate the greatful dead. I think the main thing having the chance to see something somewhat legendary at a fest like this and remaining members of the Dead in Golden Gate Park is something that should universally be thought of as cool. Either way that you spin it KOL, Phoenix, MMJ and a possible Arcade Fire cant hold a candle to the last headliners or even the last 2nd tier people. Are they popular, hell yes, are they 2 nights of headliners, no way in hell. Put one of those bands as the opener for a band like Further or DMB or Stevie Wonder or Bob Dylan and then you got something. And whats with everyone getting all pissy at something that should be thought of as a good discussion? Im going to the fest either way and im not gonna bitch either way but people sure as hell have the right to express an opinion. I guess that forums for ya.

you know what's funny? DMB, The former members of the Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan all headlined one particular festival. You know which one? Rothbury. Do you know what happened to Rothbury? Yea.....

hasebj22
05-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Very true regarding Rothbury, but I cant say Ive heard anyone say Rothbury was anything less than spectacular. I think its safe to say issues with the township and the shaky cash flow situation from the start had more to do with the festivals demise than anything

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Very true regarding Rothbury, but I cant say Ive heard anyone say Rothbury was anything less than spectacular. I think its safe to say issues with the township and the shaky cash flow situation from the start had more to do with the festivals demise than anything

shaky case flow issues have been resolved by backing your festival up with solid line ups. osl has not had a solid line up that people flocked to. the biggest day they've had so far was because of radiohead. all other days have had much less attendance (and that is just based on the numbers put out by the festival and media outlets in the bay area). DMB is a much bigger draw on his own. The former dead members and Bob Dylan aren't popular enough to headline major festivals.

hasebj22
05-27-2010, 08:18 PM
shaky case flow issues have been resolved by backing your festival up with solid line ups. osl has not had a solid line up that people flocked to. the biggest day they've had so far was because of radiohead. all other days have had much less attendance (and that is just based on the numbers put out by the festival and media outlets in the bay area). DMB is a much bigger draw on his own. The former dead members and Bob Dylan aren't popular enough to headline major festivals.

Further isnt a big enough draw unless your fest is located in SF and held at GG Park

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-27-2010, 08:24 PM
well I certainly won't be attending this festival unless the subs are stellar. Which Phoenix and MMJ are the only ones I want to see at this point.

J~$$$$
05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
There was nothing "shakey cash flow" about rothbury. The location of paying off townies was the issue.

sbessiso
05-27-2010, 08:43 PM
I love my dirty hippie music but Furthur does not excite me. It still has potential to be a lot of fun though with the right crowd and enough acid. Im anxiously waiting the full lineup, i dont like the little leaks

J~$$$$
05-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Everyone lies. This is an excellent line-up for a sf festival. I'm seriously considering it. I just know what could happen with that park those fences and coachella fans, radiohead year was outrageous, strong line up and it might not be worth it.

dorkfish
05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
lineup comes out at 9AM PST on June 1st. they're doing one of those video announcements, it seems.

Boourns
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
well I certainly won't be attending this festival unless the subs are stellar. Which Phoenix and MMJ are the only ones I want to see at this point.

Cat Power?

dorkfish
05-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Rolling Stone leaks Furthur as the other headliner:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/;kw=[36882,158902,43]

psycobetabuckdown
05-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd be fine with Furthur headlining as long as the subs were right. I'd rather they go for someone bigger but I'm lowering my expectations this year. This would be my best chance to see Furthur since I normally wouldn't see them, so it's good with me.

Some hipster on Bart last night told me I have to see Phoenix, so I'm getting excited for that too.

edit: um, dorkfish, when they say headliners are furthur, kings, phoenix and al green that does not mean Furthur are the other main headliner. It means they're one of the highest billed bands but it doesn't necessarily make them the top 2.

dorkfish
05-28-2010, 12:24 PM
edit: um, dorkfish, when they say headliners are furthur, kings, phoenix and al green that does not mean Furthur are the other main headliner. It means they're one of the highest billed bands but it doesn't necessarily make them the top 2.
Kings of Leon, Al Green, and Phoenix are all playing on Sunday. My Morning Jacket wouldn't headline over Furthur in San Francisco.

BlackSwan
05-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Furthur better play HITS. "Truckin'" and "Uncle John's Band" are crucial.

fikus222
05-28-2010, 12:53 PM
What decade do these promoters think it is?

psycobetabuckdown
05-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Kings of Leon, Al Green, and Phoenix are all playing on Sunday. My Morning Jacket wouldn't headline over Furthur in San Francisco.

Or Rolling Stone doesn't know the other headliner?

BlackSwan
05-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Furthur is headlining. This is a fact.

fikus222
05-28-2010, 01:16 PM
This festival is a fucking wasted opportunity, that is a fact.

Rosemont17
05-28-2010, 01:20 PM
im not big on Further but its a excellent pick for SF. they will get 30K there easily. MMJ would be a perfect compliment or vice versa so its shaping up to be a good lineup for SF...

BigBryan
05-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Someone brought up the partnership with the mile high fest in CO.... Cypress Hill is playing that on the 14th does that completely take them and slightly stoopid and collie buddz out of the picture. When I didnt notice any thing bay area on that big tour I thought they might bring that to outside lands. Collie Buddz is surprisingly popular in the bay area

hasebj22
05-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I bet that Cypress and friends are on the way and also dem fools from the NYC, the Beastie Boys!!!! Gonna happen. Just a feelin

TomServo
05-28-2010, 08:19 PM
There's really no more effective way of keeping me at home than booking Furthur as a headliner. Seeing Primus that Sunday in SB... a band I'd rather see than any of the OL lineup so far. Maybe next year, if the fest is still around.

hasebj22
05-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Not that anyone cares about this but I cant tell anyone else so here it goes. Got engaged in SF on Independence Day 2 yrs ago. Got the new wife a trip to SF for a first anniversery present. Shes a dead, black crowes, govt mule chic, ima a 2pac, wu tang clan, murs suburbanite. Got eager beaver tix to OL with the expectations of sampling some of calis best wine and other fine homegrown. Find out that I got a couple of people to see in Nas/jr gong and Black Star and she gets to see remaining members of the dead in golden gate park. For a couple cheeseheads in the Packer state this is about as good as it gets. Cant drop the news until the 19th of next month so I gotta tell someone and I guess yall are that someone. Thats it, let the ridicule reign but I had to tell someone. Later yall, happy memorial day

zenidogx
05-28-2010, 08:23 PM
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/lowered-expectations.jpg

sbessiso
05-28-2010, 08:42 PM
so MMJ is NOT a headliner? :(

arsgunner
05-28-2010, 08:51 PM
if those headliners are true..than wow is all i can say,i have no intrest in that shit,i fuckin hate KOL

Ardentbiscuit
05-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Are you sure those are the headliners? I thought the point of headliners was to sell tickets??!!??

Sushov23
05-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Are you sure those are the headliners? I thought the point of headliners was to sell tickets??!!??

KOL are selling out arenas, and amphitheaters. How do people still doubt their ability to sell tickets? I know people on this board loathe KOL, but they are the hottest band in the U.S. right now. Also a band like Further will get all the dead heads to come out. You then also throw in Phoenix, MMJ, Al Green, Nas, Blackstar, you have a solid selling card. You are thinking too hard about this guys, they will do just fine. I'm sure Dorkfish, and Blackswan will back me up on this, being they are from SF.

Ardentbiscuit
05-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I suppose you're right, but seriously I have to see the entire line up before I decide if I'm going.

arsgunner
05-29-2010, 01:38 PM
its going to sell regardless of the lineup,but that headliner card just doesnt do it for me,i know KOL can sell out arenas..but i just do not like them,so far if those are the main acts,i think im going to pass on this one

TomServo
05-29-2010, 03:54 PM
KOL are selling out arenas, and amphitheaters. How do people still doubt their ability to sell tickets? I know people on this board loathe KOL, but they are the hottest band in the U.S. right now. Also a band like Further will get all the dead heads to come out. You then also throw in Phoenix, MMJ, Al Green, Nas, Blackstar, you have a solid selling card. You are thinking too hard about this guys, they will do just fine. I'm sure Dorkfish, and Blackswan will back me up on this, being they are from SF.

Kings of Leon are NOT *NOT* NOT the hottest band in the U.S. right now. Period. End of story.

Hell, they're not even as hot today as they were a year ago at this time. I can get tickets to their SoCal shows just by going to Ticketmaster - Pearl Jam, Muse, Roger Waters... these are your hot bands, the bands who sell out so quickly they need to add shows to appease the public.

This is not a bash on KoL, just stating facts.

Rosemont17
05-29-2010, 03:59 PM
but KOL is a good headliner for this festival... they fit just like they did at ACL last year..

its gonna sell very well this year.. it looks like all festivals are doing pretty good. even Rock on the range broke attendance records and they had Limp Bizkit as a headliner so people are showing up and if it is Further for OSL, its a perfect fit for a SF festival.. its gonna sell this year...

GnarVee
05-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I think Further should be there.

BUT definitely NOT headlining.

edit: same goes for KOL.

dorkfish
05-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Coachella people won't like it, but I've heard enough excitement around town for Kings of Leon / Furthur, so the festival will do fine.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Do you plan on attending Brad?

bballarl
05-29-2010, 04:47 PM
San Francisco is a different type of music town. It's important to keep that in mind when reading about this lineup.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Once someone pointed out that it was former dead members I figured it was a good bet. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and is still more of a gamble then anything else.

That same quote could be used for Denver.

unit300021
05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I think that these headliners are a good call for APE. Now they are not what I would pick but with exception of KoL I am digging every band so far. I think that APE is doing a good job of appealing to the SF music crowd so far.

bballarl
05-29-2010, 05:20 PM
It's unfortunate that we leave in a town where the mainstream taste is a bit crunchier. But the undercard should have some awesome stuff.

Ardentbiscuit
05-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Can someone recap which ones of these are solved? Thanks!

1. ranger dave will be serving white russians. (louisville, ky)

2. ranger dave feasts on big city burritos in the town where rams roam. (fort collins, co)

3. ranger dave loves hanging in woodstock, ny around midnight. (woodstock, ny)

4. ranger dave used to be a robot. (los angeles, ca)

5. ranger dave loves his southern california punk rock from fullerton. (fullerton, ca)

6. ranger dave is part arab, part jewish and a little french canadian. (montreal, canada)

7. ranger dave worships this infamous black rock DJ. (san francisco, ca)

8. ranger dave digs brass bands from Treme. (new orleans, la)

9. ranger dave is wondering what glendale, mesa, tempe and scottsdale have in common. (versailles, france)

10. ranger dave likes his grass from santa cruz via vermont. (santa cruz, ca)

11. ranger dave is the reverend of love with single stem roses for the ladies. (memphis, tn)

12. ranger dave is in a japanese fraternal order with steve guttenberg. (newmarket, ontario)

13. ranger dave has to travel to mali to find the blues. (niafunke, mali)

14. ranger dave will then backpack to nigeria on his way to germany to cleanse his soul. (warri, nigeria)

15. ranger dave raises dionaea muscipula with bad attitudes (melbourne, australia)

16. ranger dave is getting frisky. he's scared of the ghosts on the roof. (los angeles, ca)

17. ranger dave has smuggled ukrainian books through staten island. (new york city, ny)

18. ranger dave is floating on the other sea. (new orleans, la)

19. ranger dave is a fan of this french impressionist painter. (kansas city, ks)

20. ranger dave is a friend of felines big and small. (miami, fl)

21. simon says ranger dave is cruising the pacific coast highway in west LA county. (malibu, ca)

I tried to check that Google file someone made but it was killed. :(

dorkfish
05-29-2010, 11:03 PM
16 and 18 were the only ones that we weren't sure about, though Galactic kinda made sense for 18.

Ardentbiscuit
05-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I must have missed a lot, it seemed like people were confused about way more than 2.

hasebj22
05-30-2010, 08:23 AM
I must have missed a lot, it seemed like people were confused about way more than 2.

This site has all the info your looking for.
http://www.superhellaawesome.com/music/story/furthur-headlining-outside-lands-gets-us-to-analyze-the-lineup-clues

Ardentbiscuit
05-30-2010, 09:58 AM
http://www.superhellaawesome.com/music/story/furthur-headlining-outside-lands-gets-us-to-analyze-the-lineup-clues

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

dorkfish
05-30-2010, 10:34 AM
That site is missing #20 (Cat Power), but otherwise is correct.

ELECtROjan
05-30-2010, 11:14 AM

[Help from City Sound Inertia, and Consequence of Sound.]

should read:

[Help from the Coachella Message Board who's information was then ripped off by two music blogs]

Rosemont17
05-30-2010, 02:47 PM
should read:

[Help from the Coachella Message Board who's information was then ripped off by two music blogs]

word...........

yeahfontaine
05-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Lineup's out in less than 24 hours!

crombrenner
05-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Lineup's out in less than 24 hours!

Yup!! Here comes the overwhelming disappointment!! Followed by weeks of posts from people trying to justify that it is "actually" a strong lineup because they already bought their tickets. This fest is unfortunately dying the same way Vegoose did. It's too bad though, I love having two great fests in Cali every year. Two things have effectively killed OSL. 1) Mediocre lineups for the past two years. 2) Very little repeat customers because the layout is an absolute nightmare. You can always go to Coachella and have a great time because of the setup, even if you're not thrilled with the lineup. The same can not be said about OSL. Sadly, I bid yee farewell OSL. Year 1 was a blast, but you dug your own grave with Tenacious D, KOL, and Furthur the past two.

Ardentbiscuit
05-31-2010, 11:27 AM
This is all a rehash of what I've read on here.

Outside Lands lineup leaked in both Rolling Stone and Spin
By Ian S. Port, Monday, May. 31 2010 @ 11:38AM

​This is almost too neat to be an accident. The Outside Lands 2010 lineup was supposed to be a secret until tomorrow, but both Spin and Rolling Stone broke the two-day festival's headliners in issues that dropped last week.

SFist has the full run-down on the Spin leak, which came not in the form of an ad (as was originally reported) but rather in a blurb in the magazine's summer festival guide that mentions Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, Phoenix, The Gossip, Al Green and Black Star.

Meanwhile, the June 10 issue of Rolling Stone, which hit our mailbox last Wednesday, includes a festival guide with a neato map that mentions Furthur -- the new band of Grateful Dead figureheads Phil Lesh and Bob Weir -- along with Phoenix, Kings of Leon and Al Green as headliners for Outside Lands. The map is on page 36 of the issue with Russell Brand writhing on the cover.

Curiously enough, the two mags don't agree on ticket prices... or dates. Spin says ticket prices are "to be determined" -- and that the festival runs from August 13-15. Rolling Stone writes that tickets will run from $75 to $140, and correctly gives the festival dates as August 14 and 15.

The full Outside Lands lineup will be unveiled tomorrow. Here's hoping for some more exciting additions.

Follow us @SFAllShookDown

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2010/05/turns_out_both_spin_and_rollin.php

paulb
05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
sounds terrible

liquidsnake28
05-31-2010, 12:26 PM
No one has ever fucking heard of Further.

Hahaha, please tell me you're kidding. They've been selling out arenas across the country yet nobody has ever heard of them...

Ardentbiscuit
05-31-2010, 01:13 PM
It's not a terrible line up, I'm just hoping for some surprises.

sbessiso
05-31-2010, 02:13 PM
im considerably less excited for this with MMJ not headlining

GnarVee
05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
prolly not happening....but I would appreciate LCD Soundsystem being on that poster tomorrow

Ardentbiscuit
05-31-2010, 02:41 PM
So I guess we are going to get another music video by "Ranger Dave & Bison" to announce the line up?

TomServo
05-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Hahaha, please tell me you're kidding. They've been selling out arenas across the country yet nobody has ever heard of them...

Every Deadhead has heard of them, and pretty much anyone in the jam band/festival circuit as well.... but nobody in the real world knows (or cares) who they are.

The Grateful Dead are legends by reputation - most younger people couldn't name one of their songs, let alone keep track of their offshoot bands. That doesn't mean they're not a draw, but they're not well known by regular humans. None of my real-life friends have any idea who they are, but in having an office conversation about them, a Deadhead wandered up, having just heard their name.

"Furthur" will be a hot Google search term at this time tomorrow, that's all I'm saying.

bballarl
05-31-2010, 04:14 PM
im considerably less excited for this with MMJ not headlining

What difference does it make? If it's the set time, they could still get a long set.

dorkfish
05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I suspect that MMJ will get the Ween slot of this year.

sbessiso
05-31-2010, 04:34 PM
What difference does it make? If it's the set time, they could still get a long set.

youre right, they could. it just doesnt seem guaranteed now

sleepybrew
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
i'd rather see LCD on the Treasure Island lineup

zachyd
05-31-2010, 05:44 PM

no they haven't been selling out arenas. granted, i LOVE Furthur (just went to Furthur Festival, it was kickass!), but they arent selling out arenas.

they play auditoriums and theaters with maybe 5-7k tops. their festival only brought in 8,500 I believe?

however, my friends have heard me telling them all about Furthur for the past months, and they are excited at the prospect of catching them in Golden Gate Park. i think if Furthur is a headliner, OSL will really push the "Grateful Dead music in Golden Gate Park in the middle of San Francisco" concept to grab people's interests, because its true, most people have never heard of Furthur. except its also true that most people in the bay area have probably heard of them, and this IS a Bay Area festival!

liquidsnake28
05-31-2010, 06:00 PM
I heard they sold out some arenas on the last tour but I'm too lazy to research it. Regardless they're a huge draw, epspecially in SF.

WhyTheLongFace
05-31-2010, 11:50 PM
I wish #5 was Lit and not Social Distortion :nono

PJandBompton
05-31-2010, 11:54 PM
after seeing Nas and Damian today i'm 99 percent in for this.

KoL
MMJ
Al Green
Blackstar
Nas & Damian
Phoenix

+ what will hopefully be a decent undercard and Golden Gate Park. i'm in.

GnarVee
06-01-2010, 06:47 AM
I wish #5 was Lit and not Social Distortion :nono

I completely missed the wish factor. but SERIOUSLY?

Please tell me, Please tell me WHY?!??!??!??!?!?

Rosemont17
06-01-2010, 07:14 AM
1hr to go

GnarVee
06-01-2010, 07:30 AM
ranger dave's outside lands lineup remix video premieres at 9AM PST (in 10mins!) on http://www.sfweekly.com/

hasebj22
06-01-2010, 07:58 AM
i dont see on link on sfweeklys website. is one going to appear at 12?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-01-2010, 08:00 AM
the strokes!

wmgaretjax
06-01-2010, 08:00 AM
what a terrible festival. seriously.

Rosemont17
06-01-2010, 08:01 AM
i like the lineup! perfect for a city festival!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-01-2010, 08:02 AM

I might attend. There are enough big named acts to get me there but the meat of the line up is pretty shitty.

knytt
06-01-2010, 08:03 AM
At least it has The Strokes. At least.

GnarVee
06-01-2010, 08:03 AM
THE STROKES!!!!!!!!!!

hasebj22
06-01-2010, 08:04 AM
I dont see Black Star on there? Did I miss something?

GnarVee
06-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I dont see Black Star on there? Did I miss something?

me either....WTF.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-01-2010, 08:06 AM
no black starr.

HandBanana
06-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Empire of the Sun!?

Those fuckers!

hasebj22
06-01-2010, 08:07 AM
thats a huge buzzkill

Rosemont17
06-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Kol
Further
The strokes
My morning jacket
Phoenix
Social distortion
Al green
Gogol bordello
Nas and damian marley
Levon helm band
Cat power
Empire of the sun
Wolfmother
bassnectar
Chromeo
Edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros
The Temper trap
Pretty lights
Janelle monae
Amos lee
The devil makes three
Tokyo police club
Beats antique
Rebirth brass band
Wild beasts
Sierra leone’s refugee all stars
Daniel lanois’ black dub
The budos band
Aterciopelado
Garage a trois
Mayer hawthorne & the county
Langhorne slim
The pimps of joytime
People under the stairs
Electric six
Vieux farka toure
Dawes
Nneka
The soft pack
The whigs
Little wings

Rosemont17
06-01-2010, 08:10 AM
for me there are already 15 bands i want to see so im good to go! overall a good lineup. now lets hope the layout changes

Lynn163
06-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Very excited about The Strokes!

GnarVee
06-01-2010, 08:12 AM
about 15 of those bands I really wanna see.....hopefully which ever day The Strokes are....a majority of them will be.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-01-2010, 08:12 AM
I wonder if they plan on having 2 headliners play at the same time? I just want to see Phx, Strokes and MMJ. The rest of the line up is garbage outside of a few acts.

yeahfontaine
06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
"Two-day passes, priced at $75, will go on sale tomorrow, Wednesday, June 2nd at 10:00 AM PST. Stay tuned for additional details."

Oh. My. God. Please tell me that they did not fuck us with their Eager Beaver early tickets. I paid $125 each. Okay, I just answered my own question and it involves a definite ass-raping.

Thisismyname
06-01-2010, 08:15 AM
"Two-day passes, priced at $75, will go on sale tomorrow, Wednesday, June 2nd at 10:00 AM PST. Stay tuned for additional details."

Oh. My. God. Please tell me that they did not fuck us with their Eager Beaver early tickets. I paid $125 each. Okay, I just answered my own question and it involves a definite ass-raping.

Wow.

GeezrRckr
06-01-2010, 08:15 AM
word.

RIP.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Oh snap, Empire of the Sun!

GnarVee
06-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Wow.

x2.

Boourns
06-01-2010, 08:18 AM
The strokes
Phoenix
Al green
Gogol bordello
Cat power
Janelle monae

That's only six acts I have any interest at all in seeing and if three play each day...yeah, not for $140. If they were all playing the same day, half would still clash knowing my luck.

Rosemont17
06-01-2010, 08:18 AM
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2010/06/outside_lands.php

shermanoaksyo
06-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Levon Helm, Daniel Lanois, and Electric Six woooo

zachyd
06-01-2010, 08:46 AM
stoked for Furthur and The Strokes! and a few others.

RoyaleWithCheese
06-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow, didn't expect The Strokes. I thought they were a possible Treasure Island headliner.

Wouldn't that just suck for The Strokes if they went on before Kings Of Leon.

HandBanana
06-01-2010, 08:49 AM
I do wanna see Levon Helm while he's still around.
Does anyone know if he does any songs from The Band in his sets?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow, didn't expect The Strokes. I thought they were a possible Treasure Island headliner.

Wouldn't that just suck for The Strokes if they went on before Kings Of Leon.

my money is that they play 2 headliners at the same time. Like Lolla.

knytt
06-01-2010, 08:51 AM

I think that was a mistake, SF Weekly is now showing $125 for 2-day passes. The $75 listed is probably for the 1-day passes.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 08:52 AM
It will be like last year when the smaller "headliner act" goes on a little earlier so there is some overlap, but you can see around half of each act.

GeezrRckr
06-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I think that was a mistake, SF Weekly is now showing $125 for 2-day passes. The $75 listed is probably for the 1-day passes.

um, duh. they may be lame by throwing out this lackluster lineup, but they're not stupid.

RoyaleWithCheese
06-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I hope the 2-day tickets are sold as two separate tickets, and not one (like Treasure Island).

knytt
06-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Whoops my bad, I read the post wrong

arya.
06-01-2010, 09:00 AM
r o u g h .

HandBanana
06-01-2010, 09:03 AM
I can only hope now for an Empire of the Sun aftershow. :(

WhyTheLongFace
06-01-2010, 09:03 AM
$75 for 2 days intrigued me. Realized it was a typo and its $125. PASS.

unit300021
06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
So is it safe to assume that both MMJ and The Strokes will conflict? Because MMJ has to be on the 14th and no way in hell they put them up against Furthur in SF right?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
MMJ, Further conflict would fill me with joy.

unit300021
06-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Thats what I'm hoping for because I don't care so much for Further but I want to see MMJ. Plus a Strokes KoL conflict would be awesome also.

PassiveTheory
06-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Just praying that the Strokes book a Fillmore show or something around this. Otherwise I'm just going to gate crash this awful festival, screw paying 75$ to deal with Dead Heads all fucking day.

zachyd
06-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Would you rather deal with Dead Heads or moshing, headbanging, metal heads?

McFearless
06-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I really can't complain about the line up. There are enough bands to fill up both my days. Then again, I got early bird tickets so price isn't/wasn't an issue for me. I have also never been so it's an experience that I'm looking forward to.

I had no idea Wolfmother was still around. I thought they broke up haha.

Kings of Leon and the Strokes better be on two different days entirely.

RoyaleWithCheese
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I can only hope now for an Empire of the Sun aftershow. :(

and a Chromeo night show.

PassiveTheory
06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Would you rather deal with Dead Heads or moshing, headbanging, metal heads?

I'd rather deal with the SF hipster crowd that'd show up for a Strokes solo show, to be honest. I don't think OSL is going to be booking Metallica to headline anytime soon, by the by.

RoyaleWithCheese
06-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Just praying that the Strokes book a Fillmore show or something around this. Otherwise I'm just going to gate crash

This

zachyd
06-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I'd rather deal with the SF hipster crowd that'd show up for a Strokes solo show, to be honest. I don't think OSL is going to be booking Metallica to headline anytime soon, by the by.

I know, but i was just making a point that Dead Heads are not that huge of a deal to be around. very respectful, very chill crowd at Furthur shows.

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Holy expensive and no black star...........

PassiveTheory
06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
When you become an artist that is known to attract a certain audience, it becomes both a blessing and a curse; a blessing because it's a fairly loyal audience, but a curse because it creates this fanbase that, to be honest, is only there to see that artist and nobody else. I mean, it's pretty much the same argument being made in the numerous other threads about the crowd at Coachella this year (the underage raver crowd pertaining to Tiesto and Guetta) and given how lazy the crowds are at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festivals I've attended, I can just picture myself spending most of my day trying to step around balding stinking hippies all day instead of seeing the (honestly) 2-3 artist on the bill I'd actually pay to see.

Not worth it.

wmgaretjax
06-01-2010, 09:49 AM
kinda funny given my aversion to sidestepping stinky kids with bad fros.

PassiveTheory
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah Jared, there's just so many of those fuckers that you can't throw a rock into a crowd of folks at OSL without hitting one.

bballarl
06-01-2010, 09:53 AM
FUCK YES THE STROKES WOOHOO I CAN FINALLY SEE THEM AGAIN YESSSSSS

TomAz
06-01-2010, 09:57 AM
given how lazy the crowds are at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festivals I've attended, I can just picture myself spending most of my day trying to step around balding stinking hippies all day instead of seeing the (honestly) 2-3 artist on the bill I'd actually pay to see.

I'm not sure what your point is here, since HSB is free. and HSB is a really good festival for its genre. And its audience is definitely not strictly hippies. There are dozens of artists from the 09 lineup I would have loved to have seen (and have paid $ to have seen in the past).

RoyaleWithCheese
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/lineup2010/images/lineup4.gif

miSTEVEious
06-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Just praying that the Strokes book a Fillmore show or something around this. Otherwise I'm just going to gate crash this awful festival, screw paying 75$ to deal with Dead Heads all fucking day.

some of the kindest, most peaceful, interesting people on the planet.

i'm so stoked for furthur it's not even funny. only thing that might suck is overlap between them and MMJ :(

hendrixfan143
06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
i would go if i was from sf, but this isn't worth traveling for

tubescape
06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
can't say I'm super stoked on this, but for the $115 I paid, I think it will be a very fun weekend. I know it doesn't hold up to other festival line-ups this year, but it is what it is and it is in Golden Gate Park. perhaps not a destination festival like the promoters may have dreamed when they locked down Radiohead and Beck for the first day of the first year of the fest, but still a good summer weekend in a great city. hope at least the locals will show up.

PassiveTheory
06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
HSB being free was kind of an aside to my point, Tom. What I was saying is that, having been to HSB two years straight (and having missed Bonnie "Prince" Billy because so many goddamn people were laying down in the grass that you couldn't even move up to earshot of his stage), it'd take more than the current lineup to get me to pay for that.

Plus, you take the old person factor and ratchet it up to code Dead Head when you factor in Further and it makes for the very real possibility of an unpleasant experience.

Also, have they fixed the sound issues that plagued the festival in 2008?

dorkfish
06-01-2010, 10:07 AM
At least they have a place holder for Black Star:

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/lineup2010/black-star/

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3425/blackcx.jpg

TomAz
06-01-2010, 10:15 AM
What I was saying is that, having been to HSB two years straight (and having missed Bonnie "Prince" Billy because so many goddamn people were laying down in the grass that you couldn't even move up to earshot of his stage), it'd take more than the current lineup to get me to pay for that.

Maybe I'm being ungodly thick here, but how does the attendance of hippies at HSB have anything to do with your take on Outside Lands? is it just cuz of Furthur?

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 10:17 AM
That's silly. Black Star better be there.

liquidsnake28
06-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Plus, you take the old person factor and ratchet it up to code Dead Head when you factor in Further and it makes for the very real possibility of an unpleasant experience.

What in the fuck are you talking about? You don't like old people? You'd rather have it filled with rude and disrespectful tweens?

I guarantee your obnoxious and embarrassing hairstyle blocking people's view of the stage is far more annoying than anything the deadheads are doing.

WhatLies
06-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm more than happy. Only $70 to see beats antique, pretty lights, bassnectar, gogol bordello, mmj, and the strokes all in the same day!?!? Only shitty thing about the fest will be the conflicts. You guys think bassnectar and Empire of the Sun will get night slots?

Ideally, saturdays main stage would go gogol bordello-> The Strokes-> Levon Helm -> Furthur. With MMJ playing levon helms spot from 7:00 to 9:00 Elsewhere. Bassnectar then closes after MMJ at that same stage. Thus I could see gogol, the strokes, MMj and bassnectar without any conflict and only having to switch stages once.

dorkfish
06-01-2010, 10:28 AM
and they took the Black Star link down.

WhatLies
06-01-2010, 10:32 AM
and they took the Black Star link down.

black star will probably be an add

RoyaleWithCheese
06-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Are The Strokes only playing festivals this summer/year?

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 10:39 AM
black star will probably be an add

Or they thought they were going to confirm and then they didn't, so they won't be there.

WhatLies
06-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Anyone doubting the marketing of this fest is a fool. Saturday is going to have at least 40,000 people there. having Levon Helm and Furthur on the same day is key for the promoters. For old hippies it legitimizes paying $70 .

dorkfish
06-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Or Mos Def is being his notorious flaky self and they haven't signed on, yet.

WhatLies
06-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Or they thought they were going to confirm and then they didn't, so they won't be there.

also a possibility

GeezrRckr
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Anyone doubting the marketing of this fest is a fool. Saturday is going to have at least 40,000 people there. having Levon Helm and Furthur on the same day is key for the promoters. It legitimizes paying $70 for old hippies.
well, since they got a bunch of other bands on the cheap (Pimps of Joytime, Garage a Trois, etc), they may not even need 40k to break even. the proof of your statement will be known come 2011. unless this eventually becomes a one-day EVENT, it's apparent this festival is on life support.

oh, and "advance" 2-day tix are a whopping $10 more than early bird. haha. i guarantee that 2-day tix will be on CL for <$100 days before.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Or Mos Def is being his notorious flaky self and they haven't signed on, yet.

Just trying to manage my expectations. I really hope that is the case and they will be there.

TomServo
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I like this lineup. If it weren't for Billy Idol, Primus, and Wolfmother, I would probably go.

And I can't stand jam bands.

dorkfish
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Billy Idol and Primus?

GnarVee
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Billy Idol and Primus?

x2.

WTF?

Phantasma Del Mar
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah what the fuck

TomAz
06-01-2010, 11:40 AM
she cried more, more, more.

pancakespancakes
06-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Not a bad lineup by any means, but easily their weakest one so far. But that's the idea, now, it's designed entirely for bay area residents, not for people to travel to. Which makes perfect sense.

I'm considering going on Saturday because I think the three main acts would be worth shelling $75 for (as long as they don't conflict) and I will be in the area around then... but it's amazing to me how there isn't a single artist in the undercard I even have a passing interest in checking out...

ficklecycle
06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
So is Black Star playing or what?

ficklecycle
06-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I think I'm going to go on the second day. This is right after my b-day and $75 for Phoenix + other bands is good since I almost paid $75 for the Hollywood Bowl show.

TomServo
06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Billy Idol and Primus?

LA area shows - Billy Idol at the Palladium August 14, Primus at the Santa Barbara Bowl August 15. I'm going to both, but I was holding out hope that OSL would convince me otherwise.

Sorry about that, didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.

Rosemont17
06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
i think sat will look like this:

further-MMJ-levon helm band

2nd stage will be:

the strokes-gogol bordello-wolfmother

PJandBompton
06-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I wanna see the top 8 acts on sunday + the Whigs and Strokes/MMJ/Mayer Hawthorne/Soft Pack on saturday. BUT. i've already seen almost all these acts, so if Black Star isn't added...prob not there.

McFearless
06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know if the parking passes/shuttle service are only for people who buy VIP? Or are they available to everyone?

To anyone who's bought VIP before... Is it worth it?

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Parking Passes are only for people who buy VIP. VIP is worth it if you don't give shit about money, or you don't pay the full price. When the festival was 3 days VIP was $600 or $700 plus, so if you love the line up and have the money to burn, it's worth it for $395.

fikus222
06-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Thank gawd TIs line-up is most likely going to be sick as sh!t this year.

aphrael
06-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know if the parking passes/shuttle service are only for people who buy VIP? Or are they available to everyone?

BART is a 75 min walk away.

Parking isn't worth it.

DFrank
06-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Ok, is this the closest chance I have to seeing the strokes in the next 6 months? Besides them, I dont have enough 'oomph' to attend this.

shakermaker113
06-01-2010, 05:41 PM
there's five or six bands I wouldn't mind seeing saturday. if I can get a cheap ticket week of, perhaps after seeing a schedule, I'd go saturday. I won't even spare a thought to sunday.

kuuguy
06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Headliners = no thanks at first glance, but I may be pleasantly surprised when the time comes?! time will tell, expectations are low for now. Although there is about 5 solid bands for me each day, I'm nervous b/c they are all more or less next to each other on the lineup, raising the risk for brutal conflicts. I hope they can stagger these acts better on the schedule than how they appear on the lineup but I'm not holding my breath. I may have to wait for the schedule to come out this time before committing. Very excited for Wolfmother and Empire of the Sun (apparently my artist requests on the OSL survey didn't fall on deaf ears, sweet! Too bad they couldn't get my other 3 choices (Beastie Boys, Jamiroquai, and Daft Punk) although those 3 were stretching it big time!

kuuguy
06-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Since there is no message board page on OSL site anymore? I'm hoping that Ranger Dave and Co. is looking for feedback/suggestions on here since this is a good size forum for the festival, just as Goldenvoice does for Coachella.

Ideal schedule for me would be to see the following: If more than a couple of these start conflicting per day I may have to pass unfortunately.

Further=>Strokes=>Wolfmother=>Gogol Bordello=>Pretty Lights=>Bassnectar

KOL=>Phoenix=>Al Green=>Damien Marley/Nas=>Empire of the Sun=>Chromeo=>Edward Sharpe

I'm also hoping they add another 10-15 acts per day (third and fourth liners especially ONLY in order to conflict with who I already really want to see!

Thanks Dave!

fikus222
06-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Which bands do we feel are likely to do the afterparty shows?

sbessiso
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
this isnt so bad. Strokes are a pleasant surprise!

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
I can't believe I just noticed the day breakdown. It's a shame The Strokes are on Saturday since I probably won't bother going that day.

RoyaleWithCheese
06-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Since there is no message board page on OSL site anymore? I'm hoping that Ranger Dave and Co. is looking for feedback/suggestions on here since this is a good size forum for the festival, just as Goldenvoice does for Coachella.

If they are reading this. Move The Strokes to Sunday please.

Or give them a night show and make sure I get a ticket. :)

Egull
06-01-2010, 07:47 PM

I was really worried about parking last year after reading these boards. But, we showed up a little after the gates opened each day and found parking on Lincoln, which is about a 3 minute walk to an entrance, every day of the festival.

BlueDevil50
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
No Gossip? Weaaaaksauce.

ficklecycle
06-01-2010, 08:31 PM
So who is going? I'd like to meet some SF boardies.

ELECtROjan
06-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I can't believe I just noticed the day breakdown. It's a shame The Strokes are on Saturday since I probably won't bother going that day.

The Strokes are the only artists I really need to see on Saturday... im going to have to think about this for a bit before buying the two day. Im sold on Sunday though

RageAgainst
06-01-2010, 09:38 PM
O wow def going to make this my second music fest this summer!!Great lineup!

GeezrRckr
06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Im sold on Sunday though
really?! that surprises me.

if i'm not doing anything better that weekend, i may look for some cheap tix and show up. i'm really not that inspired by this lineup though.

unit300021
06-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm still on the fence about how I feel about this line-up. Part of me really likes it and the other part thinks it sucks. Hoping that the Black Star add happens and that probably will make me like it more.

BigBryan
06-01-2010, 11:16 PM
yea, "sooo no Black Star" was my first reaction after the video. Even last year's line-up video had higher production values than this year although I like the mash-up medley they edited together.

bballarl
06-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I wish you guys understood how excited I am to see The Strokes again. I've never seen them at a real festival before either (BFD doesn't count as a real fest.) Wooooohooooooo!!!!

ficklecycle
06-02-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm actually pretty excited for The Strokes as well. Is anyone stoked on fucking Al Green?

Oh and question for anyone coming in from outta town. Where are you guys staying? I'm looking into hotels, but don't need nothing fancy...

PJandBompton
06-02-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm actually pretty excited for The Strokes as well. Is anyone stoked on fucking Al Green?

Oh and question for anyone coming in from outta town. Where are you guys staying? I'm looking into hotels, but don't need nothing fancy...

HELL YES. I am pretty sure i will be there for sunday...i'm seeing MMJ here in SD with 3rd row tix so i can afford to miss them...

Mammoth85
06-02-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm almost convinced to go just for Electric Six.

"girl, i want to take you to a gay bar! And start a war, start a nuclear war! At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar!"

sbessiso
06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
So who is going? I'd like to meet some SF boardies.

im pretty sure im in. does anyone think it'll sell out?

I'm almost convinced to go just for Electric Six.

"girl, i want to take you to a gay bar! And start a war, start a nuclear war! At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar!"

DUDE, how did I miss this?? E6 is one of me and my best friends favorite band. We've gone to every FL show they've done since like 2005. This will be our 8th time seeing them. If this isnt a sign that I have to go I dont know what is

yeahfontaine
06-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Is anyone stoked on fucking Al Green?

My friends and I are SOOO excited to see the Reverend do his thang! I've never seen him and so many people came back from Bonnaroo saying that his set was one of their top highlights.

shakermaker113
06-02-2010, 07:33 AM
im pretty sure im in. does anyone think it'll sell out?

no.

Lynn163
06-02-2010, 08:23 AM

We're coming up from LA and staying at the Geary Motor Lodge....I think my husband got a pretty good deal but not sure how much. It's walking distance which is what we wanted.

Al Green is on top of my list of artists to see!

Rosemont17
06-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Al green was sooo impressive at bonnaroo.. i totally forgot how many good songs he had and he did all of them in a tight 60 min set. i was planning just to sit and watch him perform but i ended up grooving to every song! and he is so damn happy its infectious... cant wait to see him again and the park is perfect for al green...

ficklecycle
06-02-2010, 09:35 AM
That's really good to hear Rosemont, now i'm even more excited.

I just bought my ticket. Figure i'd get it now before the prices go up again. It was $150 and some change after fees.

Now I just got to figure out where I'm staying and my trip is all set!

greghead
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM

Good luck. Once you get over/under the first perimeter fence, you will learn there is at least one more set of fences patrolled by cops on horseback, on foot, and in golf carts.

Instead of sneaking in, just hang out on the hills on MLK and JFK immediately beyond the perimeter fence. Sound is more than decent, tons of people hanging out partying and dancing, and it's FREE.

And are you really that concerned about Dead Heads? You live in fucking Santa Cruz, for god's sake

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
And are you really that concerned about Dead Heads? You live in fucking Santa Cruz, for god's sake

Passive served by Greghead.

greghead
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Furthur (I dig Bobby and Phil), Strokes, MMJ, Gogol, Levon Helm, Cat Power, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, and Rebirth for $75 = sweet.

Sunday, on the other hand, is a steamy puddle of piss.

WhatLies
06-02-2010, 10:40 AM
^ saturday is definitely the acid day

BlackSwan
06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Sunday, on the other hand, is a steamy puddle of piss.

I feel the exact opposite way. I am in for something like Janelle Monae>Chromeo>Empire of the Sun>Al Green>Nas & Damien Marley>Phoenix.

You should check out Beats Antique on Saturday.

HandBanana
06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah. If we go at all, it's Sunday.

ficklecycle
06-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I like more bands on Saturday, but I like the bands on Sunday more. If that makes sense.

BlackSwan
06-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah. If we go at all, it's Sunday.

Are you seeing Empire of the Sun anywhere else?

HandBanana
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Sadly no.
We are doing Hard Summer in August so we'll be back up here by the time they play down there and Lollapalooza has pretty throughly meh'd me out for the most part.

The shitty thing is that to see EotS at all we will most likely be forced to endure a 40 minute daytime set in the worst possible setting for seeing an EotS show. Geh.

BlackSwan
06-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah, definitely unfortunate. I just asked and that will probably be the case.

sbessiso
06-02-2010, 11:40 AM
^ saturday is definitely the acid day

i like my MMJ with shrooms but acid could work just fine. so is it possible that MMJ could be playing at against Further? their set needs to be at least 2 hours

Boourns
06-02-2010, 11:42 AM
The two jammy acts against each other? Doubt it. Expect an hour for MMJ.

psycobetabuckdown
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I like more bands on Saturday, but I like the bands on Sunday more. If that makes sense.

Haha I feel the opposite. They did a pretty good job of balancing out the lineup, forcing you to go both days or none at all.

Lt. Bowie
06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Outside Lands doesn't space out their sub-headliners that well from what I remember. What do we think the odds are that MMJ and Strokes play at the same time? That would be horrendous.

GeezrRckr
06-02-2010, 02:52 PM
btw, if the advance tix are still available by the end of the week, that should tell ya something how well this dog is selling. but, the promoters can just play with this discount-level stuff to give the appearance that it's selling by yanking them at any time. last year, the 2nd level pricing tix remained available up through the end of the fest.

it's a fine line between perception and reality though....yank the discounted tix too early and sales will just cease altogether.

unit300021
06-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah I think the "advanced" tickets is more of a scare tactic to try and get people to buy tickets earlier then later. Like you said last years advanced tickets never went up in price. I had a friend buy them at the advanced level three days before the fest.

alisonnn
06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
yes! just got my ticket, the lineup is good not GREAT but I'm still really excited :D plus makes for a good trip

ELECtROjan
06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
really?! that surprises me.

if i'm not doing anything better that weekend, i may look for some cheap tix and show up. i'm really not that inspired by this lineup though.

Well ill break it down this way. These are the bands/people on the lineup thats I've heard of before this (Yes, I am young and only started caring about music 3 years ago)

Sat: The Strokes, Wolfmother, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Beats Antique
Sun: Kings of Leon, Phoenix, SD, Al Green, EofS, Chromeo, Nas&Damian, Edward Sharpe, Temper Trap,

and here is who I'd be excited to see based on knowing their songs or seeing them before.

The Strokes, Wolfmother, Phoenix, Social Distortion, Al Green, Empire of the Sun, Edward Sharpe, Temper Trap

Sunday wins based solely on the fact that there are more than 2 bands I want to see

Boourns
06-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Aw man, you forgot Cat Power but listed Nickelbacks of Leon :nono

Janelle Monae's album is really good...wonder what she's like live.

GeezrRckr
06-02-2010, 10:07 PM
did you buy tix yet russell?

ELECtROjan
06-02-2010, 10:07 PM
no. and i wont until after edc....

seyrnon
06-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Janelle Monae's album is really good...wonder what she's like live.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMyc148Do_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMyc148Do_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

She's gonna tear shit up. I'm crazy psyched for her set.

GeezrRckr
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
yeah, the james brown/little richard thing didn't work for me when i saw it live. dunno. get off my lawn.

BlackSwan
06-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Drew, when did you see her live? I saw her open for Jamie Lidell at the Fillmore and she killed it.

GeezrRckr
06-03-2010, 07:29 AM
i haven't. i was referring to her appearance on Letterman. i was basing my impression entirely on that (which likely isn't very fair). is my take of her music style accurate (pretty much that type of r&b) or is there more to it?

BlackSwan
06-03-2010, 07:39 AM
There is, but I feel like I would do it a disservice by trying to label it. I'll post a YouTube example when I get to work.

BlackSwan
06-03-2010, 08:06 AM
She's also got this future pop/soul/r&b thing going on...

cXq1pr1NOgA

RB2CvfIiTso

sbessiso
06-03-2010, 08:12 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMyc148Do_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMyc148Do_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

She's gonna tear shit up. I'm crazy psyched for her set.

WHOA. her voice is fucking powerful.

GeezrRckr
06-03-2010, 08:25 AM
thanks for posting those, BS. i have respect for her talent/voice (and those sparkling, straight teeth!) but she just doesn't float my boat. (modern) r&b is a tough genre for me.

however, if i end up hopping the fence at OSL i'll come find you and the missus to boogie down.

Lynn163
06-03-2010, 08:26 AM
She's also got this future pop/soul/r&b thing going on...

cXq1pr1NOgA

RB2CvfIiTso

I am SO looking forward to seeing her!

ficklecycle
06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Outside Lands Music Festival Advance 2-Day tickets for $125 are almost gone.

From their Facebook page.

BlackSwan
06-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Right...

rage patton
06-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Janelle Monae was the first act I saw at Bonnaroo last year. She has a great voice and her music is fun. The set wasn't anything amazing, but it was a fun way to kick off the festival. I wouldn't go out my way to see her again, but if she was at a festival where no one was conflicting with her, Id check her out again.

ficklecycle
06-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Btw, it's possible Interpol gets added to this. They're doing nothing around the time, and will probably be announcing dates in the US anyway.

luckyface
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
From their Facebook page.

What, did they have 100 of these for sale?

sbessiso
06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
isnt it possible that this is selling decently?

dorkfish
06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
isnt it possible that this is selling decently?
it is

BigBryan
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Guess it is...Update from the outside lands facebook.....

Everyone sure is a critic. $125 are now sold out. $140 2-day tickets now available. $75 single day tickets on sale Sunday, June 6th at 10AM PST.

shakermaker113
06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
"Everyone sure is a critic."

ahahaha.

GeezrRckr
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
wait, that is what they said.

they must feel very proud for getting rid of the discounted tix....all 10,000 of them. fast on your way to a sell-out.

whatever.

shakermaker113
06-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm assuming smack on FB.

dorkfish
06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I think that it was a response to their Facebook comments.

sbessiso
06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
ugh i hate that early bird tix sold out. im feeling pressure now

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-03-2010, 08:14 PM
we'll bumrush Salah.

sbessiso
06-03-2010, 09:01 PM
i might just get my ticket and if anything comes up im sure i can unload it easily...

Rosemont17
06-04-2010, 05:37 AM
they are only gonna put up a small percentage of early bird tickets so dont panic.. but it should sell well..

WhatLies
06-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Anyone recommend any of the acts below beats antique on the poster? I'm not familiar with any of them except for people under the stairs for obvious reasons... If you can please post youtube videos and or a review of why you like them or what made them good live. Thanks

liquidsnake28
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Don't miss Garage A Trois. It's really good jazz/jam music. The drummer for Galactic is in it.

Mammoth85
06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Btw, it's possible Interpol gets added to this. They're doing nothing around the time, and will probably be announcing dates in the US anyway.

God I hope so. I would no longer question whether to go or sell my ticket if that was the case. I was hoping for them in the first place, but we'll see.

greghead
06-05-2010, 12:51 AM
i might just get my ticket and if anything comes up im sure i can unload it easily...

Do it! I live under a mile away from the park, you can come by and get stoned!

sbessiso
06-05-2010, 01:01 AM
well now I have a hot guy urging me to do it, how can I resist!

Lt. Bowie
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey on the remix video, who's that being played at the intro at the same time as Mayer Hawthorne? Before Phoenix.

PJandBompton
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
so they tried to get Animal Collective? nice. too bad it didn't happen though.

ficklecycle
06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Wut

ficklecycle
06-09-2010, 02:41 PM
That is a shame. Black Star too, damn.

alisonnn
06-10-2010, 09:27 AM
so they tried to get Animal Collective? nice. too bad it didn't happen though.

that just makes me hate the lineup

GnarVee
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
a SOULWAX add would be fucking grand.

EDIT: NVM they're in Europe....

PET SHOP BOYS!

sbessiso
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Black Star too, damn.

what ever happened with that?

ficklecycle
06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I had a dream Kanye & The Roots were added.

arsgunner
06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
i keep trying to justify any reason to go but everytime i look at the lineup.im like ehhhh...i wonder how ticket sales are.

dorkfish
06-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Akron/Family are playing the New Parish in Oakland on 8/13, so they might be an add.

unit300021
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
That would be tight, I missed them last year so id be down for them this year.

hasebj22
06-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Slightly Stupid and Quinn Deveaux added. Any chance of Cypress Hill tagging along since they are on tour with Slightly Stupid?

Boourns
06-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Slightly Stoopid? Yikes.