PDA

View Full Version : the KOGI BBQ truck , have you experienced the greatness ?

choice cat
02-21-2010, 06:37 PM
If you live in LA or OC , the Kogi bbq truck is a must for you to try, they even have vegan/vegetarian options. I like the short rib burrito, or now since they offer it the pregnant burrito: short rib burrito with 2 spicy pork tacos inside. delicious. go try it ! http://kogibbq.com/ refer to for weekly schedule

http://speakfoodish.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/2009-02-kogi-thumb.jpg

suprefan
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
We know, try the food thread.

tessalasset
02-21-2010, 07:46 PM
xris please link it so i can close this.

Neutral Milk Hotel
02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
If you live in LA or OC , the Kogi bbq truck is a must for you to try, they even have vegan/vegetarian options. I like the short rib burrito, or now since they offer it the pregnant burrito: short rib burrito with 2 spicy pork tacos inside. delicious. go try it ! http://kogibbq.com/ refer to for weekly schedule

I don't want to eat anything associated with the word pregnant.

Wheres the beef?
02-22-2010, 11:41 AM

Welcome to last year.

djandrews25
02-22-2010, 11:42 AM
The OP is right, even if this has been covered. Try this shit, its the fucking bomb.

Devin the Dude
02-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Don't they have like a normal restaurant I can check out instead of a stupid truck I have to find??

djandrews25
02-22-2010, 11:50 AM
No, you must find a supid truck.

brokenDREAMS
02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't they have like a normal restaurant I can check out instead of a stupid truck I have to find??

yes (although more of a lounge/bar space), here (http://www.alibiroomla.com/loc.php)

As for lunch trucks, the grilled cheese truck is my favorite thus far...

Gribbz
02-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Paging Donald...

PotVsKtl
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Why is it Asian? Asians can't make burritos.

JustSteve
02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
hmm, i may head over to the rvca warehouse this thursday for some.

PotVsKtl
02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Los Angeles: Doing It Wrong Since 1777.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I live in Sun Valley, which apparently is a major hub/point of origin for a lot of Los Angeles' food trucks, and see tons of them driving by my street every day. This weekend i sazw a Dim Sum truck past by...I was intrigued

Devin the Dude
02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
No, you must find a supid truck.

Well, it definitely looks worth it. But I retain that it is a stupid truck.

digitaldragon03
02-22-2010, 02:02 PM
This stupid truck came to my town, next to a bar. There was a huge line so i decided to go inside to grab a drink. An hour later the line was still huge. So i go back to get more drinks at the bar. When the line got to a reasonable level i go in line and fidn out they were turning people away because the stupid truck had to leave. Fuck that truck.

Newro7ic
02-22-2010, 02:05 PM
It's good.

djandrews25
02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Well, it definitely looks worth it. But I retain that it is a stupid truck.

You will have to wait in line as well.

choice cat
02-22-2010, 02:30 PM

they are opening some sort of a restaurant soon, but I think the menu is going to be very different from the trucks , supposedly like a kogi bowl. I'll stick to the truck. And I know its not new, i just thought it deserved its own thread.

Wheres the beef?
02-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Speaking of: The Street Food Fair was a BIG FUCKING FAIL. :(

thewindowliquor
02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
omg KOGI spicy pork Tacos... I miss LA so much.

Kyle_Anne
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
oooh yah i got devirginized maybe a year ago.. 4th street santamonica.. will never forget it.. then i had a second encounter a few months later via UCLA.. *sigh* the things i most miss about LA.. kogi beef.. and lets not forget to pay tribute to TITOS TACOs ! best tacos evahhh!

J~$$$$
02-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh kewl a roach coach I <3 diarrhea.

choice cat
02-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Oh kewl a roach coach I <3 diarrhea.

generally yes, in kogis case no...
oh well 1 less person in line

kroqken
02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I have seen it in Sherman Oaks, but I always happen to see it AFTER I just ate IN N Out Burger.

Ardentbiscuit
03-20-2010, 07:58 AM
So I finally tried the Kogi food truck and it is amazing.

I've tried a few other trucks, Frysmith (all fries), Lomo Arigato (Peruvian Fusion), Don Chow (Chinese Fusion).

I'm looking to try the Grilled Cheese Truck and Grill 'Em All (The heavy metal hamburger truck).

So I was wondering which ones people have tried and what did they like? And do you think these food trucks would ever trek out to the polo fields?

See below, in case you need a memory jar.

Food Trucks & Other Mobile Eateries that Twitter

Before there was Kogi BBQ, there was Twitter. After there was Kogi BBQ, there were a good number of new food trucks and other mobile eats with Twitter in the business plan. A street food revolution? Something like that.

We're doing our best to keep up with the Twittering Food Truck Trend, and we're always working on the list. Here's what we've got, and the stories we've done to help you navigate the streets of eats:

* @KogiBBQ Largely considered the "granddaddy" of food trucks
* @ButtermilkTruck Your breakfast diner on the go!
* @grilldcheesetruk Chow down on all varieties of grilled cheese sammies
* @nomnomtruck Vietnamese-French fusion sandwiches & tacos
* @LA_FuXion A group of Latino/Asian friends get together to serve up Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Latin American dishes
* @Frysmith Fries with delectable toppings
* @locali: Locally conscious frozen sweets via their Icycle
* @coolhaus: Architecturally inspired ice cream sandwiches. It's LA's intellectual and extremely yummy treat!
* @getshaved SoCal's Finest Shave Ice
* @thegastrobus a "roadside bistro" with affordably-priced sandwiches and salads
* @donchowtacos: It's like Kogi, except Chinese instead of Korean.
* @Green_Truck: This organic meal truck had the right idea when they started in early 2008, but GPS was not the way to go. Twitter was and now they're on it.
* @indiajonesct Gourmet Indian street food truck cruising around the West Side of LA!!!!
* @letsbefrank: Another hot dog stand! This one with grass fed beef. Maybe the best hot dog in LA?
* @bordergrill Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger's Latin American eats
* @dosatruck Brooklyn Born Street Urchin Grew Up Eating STREET FOOD off TRUCKS NOW Bringing You DOSAS-South Indian Street Food
* @Louks To Go "Original Greek Fast Food Truck."
* @Marked5: Torakku Beef, Katsu Pork, Chicken Curry, and little burgers to obsess over

But wait...there's more. So many more...

* @thefrankenstand: Veggie hot dogs, what more do you need to know? We love it!
* @barbiesq: As they describe, a "rollin' BBQ joint" from Hermosa Beach.
* @CalbiBBQ: More Korean-Mexican fusion food.
* @sprinklesmobile: At some point, cupcakes will come to you to make you fat.
* @fishlips_sushi: Sushi on a truck. Actually and in general, sushi tastes really, really, really good when inebriated (if we remember, correctly).
* @YuriTruck: Their Twitter account seems to be down so here's their blog. They served sushi and rice bowls.
* @SouthPhillyExp To have the South Philly Experience in LA (i.e. cheesesteak!) follow them
* @BabysBBS That's Baby's Badass Burgers, dontcha know?
* @lomoarigato Peruvian-fusion
* @kingkonela A mobile ice parlor providing treats throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
* @BoolBBQ They say it's "Just Awesome Fusion Food!"--And by that they mean Korean + Tacos.
* @SKEWERSONWHEELS The street, a stick and good food.
* @DelsLA Rhode Island style eating in LA
* @The Little Spoon Desserts!
* @The Flying Pig Asian Fusion with French Technique
* @DowntownDogs Hot Dogs
* @UmamiBurger Popular gourmet burger resto goes mobile
* @Derb's Gourmet All sorts of "gourmet treats."
* @Grill 'Em All Heavy Metal Burgers
* @Yum Yum Bowls Asian Bowls & dishes
* @The Place L.A. Pasadena truck that has greasy fare like sandwiches, pastrami, burgers, carne asada fries, and so on.
* @TheSweetsTruck Mobile bakery & cafe
* @1930s Philly Cheese Westwood area cheesesteaks and other sandwiches.
* @Mattie's Kitchen "Southern Food For All Y'all"
* @BullKogi Another one of the many KogiBBQ "inspired" Korean-style taco trucks.
* @SliceTruck Pizza slices on wheels!
* @WilloughbyRoad Rolling out the Southern Cuisine
* @DaintyCakesLA Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes
* @KomodoFood They say they are "dangerously good."
* @ItsBentoBaby Really it's Asian Soul Kitchen. Yes: Asian + Soul Food
* @Fressers Hot Pastrami on the go
* @TastyMeat "Delicious Meat for a Delicious City"
* @KabobNRoll "Fresh, Healthy, Authentic, Delicious, Mediterranean Cuisine"
* @VesuvioLA An Italian specialty food truck
* @The Burger Bus Santa Barbara area; for these guys a cheeseburger is "a work of art."

Coming Soon

* @ThePupusaMobile Soon bringing you handmade PUPUSAS in our mobile pupuseria!

* @mandolinegrill Vegan-friendly Vietnamese

* @MonsieurEgg A cart featuring portable egg dishes!

Bonus: @FoodCruisers will help you keep track of who is where every day!

Noted: LAist alumna Elina Shatkin posted the master list of restaurants, mobile or otherwise, on the LA Times' Daily Dish blog.

What are we missing? Let us know in the comments or email us.

LAist Co-Editor Lindsay William-Ross contributed to this post

http://laist.com/2009/06/17/the_list_food_trucks_that_twitter.php

bballarl
03-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm tempted to try the Phamish truck today or the Nom Nom truck tomorrow cause I really want banh mi. Anyone tried either one? If so, which would you recommend?

insbordnat
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
KOGI Truck Confirmed for Coachella...hot off the Twitter wire.

faxman75
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Delete.

caco0283
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I will not eat at this stupid truck because of this one statement found on their menu

All we do is take the flavors of Korean barbeque and mix it up with the flavor of our Esses

artisticcreator
04-12-2010, 02:13 PM
So you don't like Korean food or Hispanic food.

I don't think you'll find any baby food there for sell.

TomAz
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-02/licorne-atomic-blast.jpg

bleep
04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
the people behind Kogi set up a restaurant in Palms called Chego. anyone been there already? haven't had a chance to try it yet, but the pork belly is calling my name. yum.