PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary Spa and Resort Desert Hot Springs

Alchemist559
02-21-2010, 02:17 AM
I know it is shitty and the spa and resort thing is utter bullshit, but how bad is it really??? Anyone ever stay here?

gaypalmsprings
02-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Avoid Desert Hot Springs at all costs.

Alchemist559
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Avoid Desert Hot Springs at all costs.

Why Is This?

HowToDisappear
02-21-2010, 10:35 PM
In all fairness, the only reason you go to Desert Hot Springs is if you want to do what it's famous for - soak in the hot springs. You park yourself at one of the NICE spas in town (we stayed at the Bella Monte once and it was terrific). You soak, get a massage, do yoga, soak some more, it's fabulous. The town itself is very ghetto, and there's nothing to do there. This is not party central.

We passed Sanctuary Spa a couple of times and from the outside it looked like an abandoned amusement park bobsled ride - snow theme and all. My advice is to avoid it like the plague.

Alchemist559
02-21-2010, 11:53 PM
In all fairness, the only reason you go to Desert Hot Springs is if you want to do what it's famous for - soak in the hot springs. You park yourself at one of the NICE spas in town (we stayed at the Bella Monte once and it was terrific). You soak, get a massage, do yoga, soak some more, it's fabulous. The town itself is very ghetto, and there's nothing to do there. This is not party central.

We passed Sanctuary Spa a couple of times and from the outside it looked like an abandoned amusement park bobsled ride - snow theme and all. My advice is to avoid it like the plague.

Ooops too late, I just want somewhere to crash and take a shower anyway, I'm not trying to do anything else, and 100 a night is the cheapest I can find so I'll drive an extra 30 mins each night for that.