PDA

View Full Version : New Circa Survive song from upcoming album Apr. 2010

Grant
02-18-2010, 09:46 PM
http://soundcloud.com/circasurvive/circa-survive-get-out

Curious as to what you guys think, or if you even care. I've seen them live more than any other band I've seen, party because I live an hour and a half or so from them and I kinda consider them to be my hometown heroes. Here's some reasons they're pertinent to this message board right now:

1. They're touring with Coheed and Cambria and Torche this spring (I know you guys love Co & Ca)
2. On their first-ever headlining tour, they brought along Portugal. The Man, which was way back in 2006
3. Anthony has worked with the Sound of Animals Fighting, which is composed of some members of RX Bandits
4. They toured with As Tall As Lions during the AP tour a few years ago
5. They've also toured with Dear and the Headlights, Pelican, Ours
6. They played Coachella in '07, the very reason I know about Coachella today
7. They're good friends with Dredg, who played Coachella '08
8. Their upcoming release was produced by David Bottrill, who's produced music for such Coachella vets as Tool, Muse and Placebo
8. They're pretty much a bunch of cool dudes

New album Blue Sky Noise out on 4/20, coincidence? Also, it's their first major label debut with Atlantic, yet their third LP. And save the "just another crappy emo band" stuff for another thread.

GnarVee
02-18-2010, 09:47 PM
I FUCKING LOVE CIRCA SURVIVE.

I remember when I saw em open for dredg and a set at Coachella 07.

2010 LATE ADD PLEASE!!!!!

bmack86
02-18-2010, 09:48 PM
I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw them back in '06. I hate their style of music, but they put on a really fantastic show. I couldn't stand the albums, though.

seandlr
02-19-2010, 12:53 AM
I saw them open for Mos Def at UCR HEAT and they are fantastic live and I also got their setlist from that night. I would love to see them again in a festival environment. However, on album, I have yet to be impressed.

pancakespancakes
02-19-2010, 02:28 AM
That style of music (Dredg, As Tall As Lions, Coheed & Cambria, the other Deerhunter, etc) is ridiculously terrible... and it takes a lot for me to say something that cruel... But I know a lot of people who really admire Circa Survive, and I see it. They have admirable qualities. I happen to like their guitar sounds.

It's beyond me how they ended up on the Coachella lineup, but I would not mind them back.

GnarVee
02-19-2010, 08:38 AM
That style of music (As Tall As Lions, Coheed & Cambria, the other Deerhunter, etc) is ridiculously terrible... and it takes a lot for me to say something that cruel...

FIXXED

don't let it happen again.

TickleMeElmo
02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
No, Dredg falls into that category, only Dredg is shit while Circa Survive isn't.