PDA

View Full Version : New Rufus Wainwright album - All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu

RageAgainstTheAoki
02-17-2010, 04:03 AM
Rufus' 6th studio album is titled All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu and is due out April 20 in the US. I'm looking forward to hearing it, though I hope it's a bit more restrained than the overstuffed and bombastic Release the Stars. His first two albums remain my favorite. I think it's when he strips things back that he's at his strongest as a songwriter and a performer. Looks like there's a Shakespearean theme going here as I'm fairly certain "all days are nights" is a phrase from a Shakespeare play or sonnet and then he has three tracks named after sonnets (possibly actual art songs?)

TRACKS:
Who Are You New York?
Sad With What I Have
Martha
Give Me What I Want and Give It To Me Now!
True Loves
Sonnet 43
Sonnet 20
Sonnet 10
The Dream
What Would I Ever Do With A Rose?
Les Feux d'artifice t'appellent
Zebulon

Also, this documentary on the creation of his opera is airing on Sundance Channel on the 22nd:
LSOV2R1abYo

(This isn't under "rumors" because he's touring the UK in April. No chance of a Coachella add.)

rskapcat
02-17-2010, 06:30 AM
His recent tour dates were all piano-only, and he indicated that the new album was piano-only as well.

gaypalmsprings
02-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Rufus with piano only. I have seen him twice with piano only, and his voice is the rest of the band. He is brilliant.

nahuatldream
02-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Yay, Rufus! Hope to see him on tour again (haven't seen any US dates yet)!

Mammoth85
02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Saw him in Long Beach last month. He played 3 or 4 tunes off this album. He said there was a trilogy of Shakespeare tunes and played those. I'm assuming those are the sonnet songs listed.

Anywho, he sounded great.