PDA

View Full Version : Alchohol confiscation??

CassyJean
02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
We are making quite the trek for Coachella this year (Central Wisconsin!) and we realize that the booze carry-ins are being allowed for the first time, so how strict they are going to be on it may be up in the air...

But, we will have a total of 4 people in our car, 3 of which are 23+ and one that is unfortunately only 20. We are not bringing a ton of booze (per the rules) but we definetly don't want to spend $8 on a beer if we can bring it in. I was mostly just wondering if we're keeping it to a minimum (2 cases, maybe a box of wine) if they're going to confiscate at the gate. We're definetly not sketchy kids, definetly not planning on getting super wasted, and the underager is definetly not planning on drinking...

so is this going to be something we should worry about??

Stickjohn
02-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Technically the alcohol could be confiscated if you have someone under 21 in the car. Otherwise the amount you described is within the rules.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-13-2010, 03:54 PM
kick the person out of the car a mile from the campsites and make him walk in

CassyJean
02-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Great idea, except she's buying the campsite/providing the vehicle.

I'm sure we'll think of something!!

Thanks for your answers though!

choice cat
02-13-2010, 04:30 PM
bahahah a mile away...

lotus.elephante
02-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Please don't kick me out of the car!!!! Underagers have feelings too....

OnlyNonStranger
02-13-2010, 05:32 PM
You may have feelings but you sure as hell don't count.

seandlr
02-13-2010, 05:59 PM
What the fuck? You can't bring in alcohol if you're driving with someone under 21?

Bud Luster
02-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Technically the alcohol could be confiscated if you have someone under 21 in the car. Otherwise the amount you described is within the rules.

What the fuck? You can't bring in alcohol if you're driving with someone under 21?

wrong and wrong, but they are probably going to take into consideration how much beer/wine you have per the # of 21+ folks you have in your car.

Astrid
02-13-2010, 06:19 PM
If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol.

as per FAQ.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-13-2010, 06:27 PM
once again, kick him (her?) out of the vehicle, preferably at high speeds.

Bud Luster
02-13-2010, 06:48 PM
If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol.

as per FAQ.

damn. that doesn't sound reasonable.

JustSteve
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
just says they reserve the right. don't act like a jackass when you pull up and maybe it will be alright.

lotus.elephante
02-14-2010, 05:29 PM
don't be a jackass...check.

thanks! i almost forgot to not be a jackass.
we don't plan on bringing ridiculous amounts of alcohol, so that shouldn't be an issue; just don't want the little amounts we bring to be taken away....

Blinken
02-14-2010, 05:39 PM
It would probably be best to have the underage person walk in. Also having the underage person driving the car with alcohol isn't the best idea. If security decides to card someone the driver will probably be the first one.

donkey sex
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2725/4150131389_a25603d0a8.jpg

Neighborhood Creep
02-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Wisconsin people take drinking serious. I'd walk the mile rather than worry about getting the other 3 cases confiscated

marinesrsaints
02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
I'm from N.O. Fuck it. just put the underage bastard in the trunk and put all the booze and chairs and suitcases on top. Badgers arent that big. haha Better than that strap him under car preferrably to the exhaust.

Okay, forget bottom of car..flesh will start burning at long term 1mph. Roll up in blanket,fold up in lawn chair and stuff in one of those sears rooftoppers along with rest of supplies and booze. be honest about everything in there and they will let you through thinking you are joking and having fun. key to listen to former statement. "don't be a jackass". that goes a long way in neworleans. we love to party but don't fuck with the po po. Fun will end real quick.

marinesrsaints
02-15-2010, 07:50 AM
My comments make it look like I'm saying coachella is here in N.O. Sorry, was only making comparison to the lack of alcohol laws here in N.O. Just be cool and all will be well. dont be all stessed and nervous. they look for that and p/u on it quick

L_gic
02-15-2010, 11:57 AM
haha nice one donkey sex

CassyJean
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Beth baby, don't worry, I will not put you in any harmful positions.

As for the alchohol, I'm assuming that if we're allowed to bring it in in the first place with underage people already camping there and whatnot, it will be taken into consideration that it's basically the same thing as having someone underage in the car.

People who have gone to Coachella before; I'm sure there's always been car checks for drugs and booze, so how hardcore are they?? I'm sure it's really not going to be any different than before.

Also, yay for Wisconsinites taking drinking seriously! Obviously, this is why I'm asking. I'm pretty sure we're home of the 30 pack, and I'm not about to lose those babies!

Stickjohn
02-17-2010, 03:40 PM
It's going to be a little different this year, so prepare for much speculation. and open discussions of how to cheat the rules are lame.

CassyJean
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
I am not trying to cheat the rules, just seeing which way the rules bend.

If they decide to kick us out, thats 66 hours I will have spent in a car for no reason, not counting the $300 for the ticket. I'm certainly not trying to cheat!

Anyways, I searched further into this forum and found a decent explanation 3 pages back.
Thanks for the answers.

jak5257
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I was going to bring in 20 30 packs of PBR, one for me and my wife. is they think thats excessive they a whole bunch of people are going to be pissed off. A 30 rack wont even last one night, especially if you make friends of your fellow camp neighbors.

CassyJean
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I certainly hope that wasn't a serious post.

nbvcide
02-17-2010, 10:21 PM
how about the ones with the beer walk in? and the underage one drives in...

thejake
02-21-2010, 06:42 AM
You may have feelings but you sure as hell don't count.

ZING!

kimmieboth
03-07-2010, 06:22 PM
i emailed in the check to see what you do in the situation (in the same boat). They said the best thing to do is to get the 20 year old to walk in.

kneuller
03-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I was going to bring in 20 30 packs of PBR, one for me and my wife. is they think thats excessive they a whole bunch of people are going to be pissed off. A 30 rack wont even last one night, especially if you make friends of your fellow camp neighbors.

you plan to bring in 600 pbrs? dayum jak.

michaelmontanez
03-08-2010, 12:21 PM
party with JAK, free pbr all weekend.

kneuller
03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
party with JAK, free pbr all weekend.

jak and his wife can drink at least a 30 rack each night which only leaves about 360 beers for all the neighbors. things could get pretty scary on sunday when jak's supply begins to dwindle.

Axxel
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't remember seeing this anywhere, but can you bring a flask onto the camping area this year? I know no bottles, but I don't think flasks are likely to get littered.

Stickjohn
03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I think that would be OK if it's not glass.

1trkmind
03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
They ID people who are checking into the campsite? I assumed they searched the car for "things" that are not allowed but I didn't think they ID'd every person as they get there.

phonographer
03-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't remember seeing this anywhere, but can you bring a flask onto the camping area this year? I know no bottles, but I don't think flasks are likely to get littered.

I'm sure people have been bringing flasks for years. ;)

Axxel
03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Awesome. My friends and I were just scheming to get some hard liquor onto the site without pissing anyone off. Thanks much for the input.

drewniverse
03-12-2010, 01:20 PM
It makes me wonder how thorough the search will be for car camping. As simple as open the trunk, or let me look inside, or something as much as FULL ON open all your shit up with the dogs noses up your ass?

jak5257
04-10-2010, 10:09 AM
jak and his wife can drink at least a 30 rack each night which only leaves about 360 beers for all the neighbors. things could get pretty scary on sunday when jak's supply begins to dwindle.

i guess 20 is to excessive cause i have to make room for my tent, 2 30 racks wil do, but by sunday morning im going to be fucked

Vic Viper
04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
People who have gone to Coachella before; I'm sure there's always been car checks for drugs and booze
actually no. this is the first year for car camping so they've never done car searches before.

in the past, check-in procedures for camping were fairly random. it entirely depends on your demeanor/appearance and how the particular person you face is feeling. my personal experience is that i've barely been searched, let alone even looked at most of the time.

StubbADubb
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
If you're caught smuggling - say, 2-3 tiny bottles of liquor - into the festival (not campgrounds), would they just confiscate the bottles or would they actually bar you from going inside? I know it depends on the security, I just wonder if that's been done to anyone before.

buffalojim
04-10-2010, 10:58 AM
This kind of sucks.

I'm only 20, but have been legal to drink where I live over two years already. Fuck the States with their 21 bullshit.

jdouge
04-11-2010, 12:53 AM
How do we keep the goddamn beer cold during the day?

Maybe it's obvious and they sell ice (never noticed) in the camping general store, but even then, in a tent or a car all day . . . that beer's going to fry, no?

El.C.Dub
04-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Get the 20 year old to walk in? It's her camping pass and she needs to get a camping wristband (which she won't be able to if she isn't in the car).

Stickjohn
04-11-2010, 03:24 AM
How do we keep the goddamn beer cold during the day?

Maybe it's obvious and they sell ice (never noticed) in the camping general store, but even then, in a tent or a car all day . . . that beer's going to fry, no?

They sell ice in the campgrounds and lots of people bring coolers. Some people have been talking about bringing dry ice.

jdouge
04-11-2010, 10:15 AM
They sell ice in the campgrounds and lots of people bring coolers. Some people have been talking about bring dry ice.

Thanks for the info!