PDA

View Full Version : Sahara tent and prescription glasses

lowfront
02-12-2010, 04:03 AM
nmm

SEEDYMIG420
02-12-2010, 05:02 AM
You'll be fine. I ware glasses and I never have any problems at the Sahara tent or any other place.

fatbastard
02-12-2010, 05:10 AM
I wear an eye patch and a monocle every year and have never had any problems.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-12-2010, 05:11 AM
you'll be fine.

Unless you're rolling like a mofo.

lizng
02-12-2010, 05:21 AM
If you're that worried, you could always rock something like this:

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0090/3300/al_davis_feature.jpg

There's no denying this guy looks awesome.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I wear them and I'm just fine, but i wouldn't try to get into the epicentre of the craziness in there though. Limbs are flying pretty haphazardly.

I don't like to get that packed into the middle of the Sahara anyway though, because it's impossible to dance

Fourthisto
02-12-2010, 09:40 AM
anyone survive in the sahara with prescription glasses?Nope, nobody.

Anyone who replies to this and says otherwise is a murderous liar looking for another victim, or a ghost.

Media Blitz
02-12-2010, 09:44 AM
If you're that worried, you could always rock something like this:

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0090/3300/al_davis_feature.jpg

There's no denying this guy looks awesome.

Maybe get a sweet silver & black jumpsuit and some lackeys to push your wheelchair too.

lizng
02-12-2010, 10:23 AM
oh, I guess I could contribute something meaningful to this thread. If you want a cheap pair of backup glasses, I highly recommend zenni optical (http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/home.php). They take a while to come in and you really should get your PD (Pupillary Distance) from your eye doc if it's not already on your prescription... but the minor hassle is totally worth it to have glasses that cost less than $20.

higgybaby23
02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
The biggest problem I've had with my glasses is keeping them clean. A day on the fields comes with a lot of smoke, dust and various other shit flying around. My specs need wiped off quite often, but herein lies the dilemma. In order for me to clean my glasses, I need something soft, clean and dry. So, it requires carrying around a tiny shammy or towel. Kind of a pain in the ass, but so is having dirty glasses. My pockets always seem to be jammed full of junk during the fest even though I strive for simplicity. Oh well.

stinkbutt
02-12-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.starpulse.com/news/media/thejerk2.jpg

get an opti grab

joppy-slow
02-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Get LASIK and be done with it.. Unless of course you have a really really bad prescription.. Had lasik 5 years ago and it's the best $2,000 i've ever spent.. Can you buy those chum clips that attach to your glasses so if they get kicked off your face, at least they will be hanging around your neck and not trampled upon.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
The biggest problem I've had with my glasses is keeping them clean. A day on the fields comes with a lot of smoke, dust and various other shit flying around. My specs need wiped off quite often, but herein lies the dilemma. In order for me to clean my glasses, I need something soft, clean and dry. So, it requires carrying around a tiny shammy or towel. Kind of a pain in the ass, but so is having dirty glasses. My pockets always seem to be jammed full of junk during the fest even though I strive for simplicity. Oh well.

i wear a backpack and usually take a roll of tp "just in case". That roll is great for wiping off my glasses, as well as when i get allergies and stuff.

artisticcreator
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
9 years in the Sahara tent with no problem. But I wear a pair of wrap around Smith frames that don't come off easily.

digitaldragon03
02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
The Sahara will cure your blindness. Leave the glasses at home.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
laser surgery

billtino
02-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Think of it as protection from random spooge tossers.

feather
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
laser surgery

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/lasers.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/custom-glasses.jpg

Problem solved.

zimmy1222
02-12-2010, 01:41 PM
brilliant feather.

IRSCOTT
02-12-2010, 01:45 PM
You wouldn't hit a man with glasses? right?

lowfront
02-22-2010, 07:37 PM
I am getting my contacts prescription redone

The only times I have ever broke my glasses have been at concerts and I was debating just getting a back up pair of glasses instead of contacts

but sticking with the contacts for coachella crazyness

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
related to feathers post:

I brought my prism glasses to EDC and to HARD NYE as well. Both times it was off the hook and I was amazing just to stare at random bits of light. It was amazing even sober! Ill most definitely be bringing these to Coachella :D

juloxx
02-22-2010, 07:49 PM
^^^^ Dawg I went to a Lazer show at the school observatory with those glasses while I was on acid. It was one of those observatories where its a dome and they project space and the stars all around you and you lie down facing the top of the dome... god damn.... The lazer show was to Led Zeplin but I had my own headphones doin my thang.... god damn those prism glasses made all the fucking difference.

lowfront
02-22-2010, 07:52 PM
someone give me a link to where I should order these glasses from

think its a worthy purchase

El.C.Dub
02-22-2010, 07:52 PM
brilliant feather.

yes that made me lol well done

gaypalmsprings
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
before & after in the Sahara.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Coliauctions/extreme-eyeball-popping2.jpg

juloxx
02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
^^ lol

someone give me a link to where I should order these glasses from

think its a worthy purchase

It takes all the light you see, and makes 8 symmetrical images of the light, around the original beam of light, which is in the center..... now imagine that with a lazer show in space.

I had 9 fucking lazer shows going on in my head, in a place replicating space, with music on acid.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
^^^^ Dawg I went to a Lazer show at the school observatory with those glasses while I was on acid. It was one of those observatories where its a dome and they project space and the stars all around you and you lie down facing the top of the dome... god damn.... The lazer show was to Led Zeplin but I had my own headphones doin my thang.... god damn those prism glasses made all the fucking difference.

Dawg, tl;dr

bustamante.chase
02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
i wear a backpack and usually take a roll of tp "just in case". That roll is great for wiping off my glasses, as well as when i get allergies and stuff.

da fuck?

Leeartlee
02-23-2010, 07:52 AM
No joke Feather, that is some of the best advice I've heard all year.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-23-2010, 08:47 AM
da fuck?

what about that statement could you possibly not understand?

Leeartlee
02-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Having a touch of the Down will do that to you

Californicator
02-23-2010, 09:03 AM
As the resident optician of this board, here are some tips:

Just get your glasses adjusted by an optician as tight as possible. A proper hook around the ears should keep them on just fine. Don't need those old lady eyeglass chains/ropes.

Never use any paper products to clean your prescription lenses. Tiny wood fibers in paper towels (and even tissues) will scratch your lenses. Only use a soft cotton cloth. Even a clean t-shirt is better than paper products.

Get a backup pair.

Also, it is possible to order contacts through 1-800-contacts without a prescription. You have to input your doctor's name and fax, they send a confirmation fax to the doctor, BUT...if they never get a response from your doctor, they send you the contacts anyway. A lot of doctor's receptionists are too lazy to deal with those stupid faxes so they usually end up throwing them away.

For contacts, I recommend Acuvue 1-Day Moist or Focus Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus. I would leave your extended wear lenses at home because who wants to deal with cleaning and storing them during Coachella? No need for a contact case or solution.