PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera's new album will be sick!!!

Pages : [1] 2

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I've always been a big fan of hers....but if this really is her and I'm convinced it is....well holy fucking shit

4yAI5_YXNqI

nS3SNsOYeM8

oPFM3DUVT-8&feature=related

HouIf-PXpJs

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/4ihngo.jpg

bug on your lip
02-11-2010, 12:31 PM
lush video..hard sound

i was impressed

but doesn't look like her..
and the way she loves vocal runs i'd have a hard time believing this is her style

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
all of this info i got from Gabe cos he knows how much i love Christina Aguilera

- Adding up the numbers in the title of the first video and translating its numeric placing with the alphabet would result in the following initials: CH.AG
- Adding up the numbers in title of the 3rd video and translating its numeric placing with the alphabet would result in the following phrase: I.T.S.M.E.C
- The 3rd video includes strawberry cakes. She wore a strawberry cake shirt the day prior to the leak of that video. Strawberry shortcakes are hugely popular in Japan. Christina said she was inspired by Tokyo and there is a song on her album called "Kimono Girl".

http://haus-of-music.blogspot.com/2010/01/iamamiwhoami-videos-are-christina.html

zajaa
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
oh marketing. you're so viral these days.

HunterGather
02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, this is like a viral thing thats been around for a little bit now.

Theres alot of speculation on who it is.
Lady Gaga was ruled out, and Christinas publicist even said it wasn't her.
But I kinda think it is.

Or maybe its some new chic no one ever heard of.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
oh marketing. you're so viral these days.

who cares how they market it if it sounds like that!!!

zajaa
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
i'm in marketing. i care. this is far more intriguing from a marketing standpoint than from an artistic one.

boarderwoozel3
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Agreed ^

This feels like the big record companies "containing" indie electronic music.

GrossMagic
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
This feels like the big record companies "containing" indie electronic music.

This. Scary.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
you my friend are a monkeee.....if it looks great and sounds great....it just might be great....i dont care how im introduced to it...as long as it follows the themes put in these videos. Now go back to your marketing desk and monkeee around some more

GrossMagic
02-11-2010, 12:40 PM
^

You just proved his point.

zajaa
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
look, christina, baby, times are changin. genie in a bottle just isnt what the kids want these days. thats the old christina. we have to be forward thinking here. look at lady gaga. do you know why she sells? because "weird" is in. the kids are going crazy over this new thing called "indie". and we have to harness it. look at this swedish chick with the drippy face. weird, right? yeah i dont get it either. but for some reason it sells. we are gonna make you over. look out world, here comes the new, "artsy" christina.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
You guys are missing the whole point. I don't care about the marketing....i care about the material. Let me quote schoolio here

I've never been a "fan", but I have nothing against her. and it would be awesome to see someone who was pigeonholed as a cookie-cutter pop star truly reinvent themselves with some experimental shit like this

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow, I totally thought this thread was just gonna be people shitting on caco for creating it. Surprising.

schoolofruckus
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
The record labels can only contain "indie electronic music" to the extent that the "indie electronic" musicians let themselves be contained. Christina Aguilera is not an "indie electronic" musician; she's a mega pop star who (assuming the theories about this are true) wants to make an album that is far more interesting than anything she's done in the past. If she pulls it off, then what's not to like? If this waters down The Knife or Bjork or Aphex Twin or anything else that it's trying to sound like in your eyes, that's your shortcoming.

Also, the quotation marks above are used to highlight Sarah Palin baby terminology.

bmack86
02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Plus, she's been steadily branching out since her first album. The second one was a tad bit more artistic and her 3rd was all over the place. She's working with Le Tigre for this one.

microcuts
02-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Didn't Sia write some songs with her recently?

humanoid
I just want her to do "Dirrty" over and over again..

BlackSwan
...And Goldfrapp and Ladytron

GrossMagic
02-11-2010, 12:49 PM
from P4K:

Le Tigre aren't the only P4k-friendly acts working with Aguilera on her new LP-- Goldfrapp, Ladytron, M.I.A., and Santigold have clocked in studio time with the singer for potential Bionic tracks, too. Gossip blogs claim the new album is set for release in April with first single "Glam" to hit in the coming weeks.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Plus, she's been steadily branching out since her first album. The second one was a tad bit more artistic and her 3rd was all over the place. She's working with Le Tigre for this one.

I have to agree here...her first album was pure pop but after that shes tried move away from being compared to Brittany Spears and be considered an artist

wmgaretjax
02-11-2010, 12:55 PM
look, christina, baby, times are changin. genie in a bottle just isnt what the kids want these days. thats the old christina. we have to be forward thinking here. look at lady gaga. do you know why she sells? because "weird" is in. the kids are going crazy over this new thing called "indie". and we have to harness it. look at this swedish chick with the drippy face. weird, right? yeah i dont get it either. but for some reason it sells. we are gonna make you over. look out world, here comes the new, "artsy" christina.

I bet you really suck at your job.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 12:55 PM
...And Goldfrapp and Ladytron

Here's the kicker...Christina Aguilera is one of the top singers in our generation...I would even say she has a better voice than Whitney Houston...i find it amazing that someone of her caliber would do something like this (if its really her)

rage patton
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM

I read she was working with Le Tigre on their new LP and was confused. I guess this makes more sense.

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
At least this new concept album may stop people from talking about Lady Gaga so much.

Sushov23
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM

Her 3rd album had/has some great fucking songs on it. I can't wait for this.

GrossMagic
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM
At least this new concept album may stop people from talking about Lady Gaga so much.

And at least she is sexy with a good voice.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Could you imagine having her at coachella next year?

Red.Sonja
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM

Thank you. Thats exactly why I hate it.

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Sushi every time I scroll down past one of your posts I think of Caligula with those dumb emoticons. Get rid of them!

Red.Sonja
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
It seems that this could be more Goldfrapp than Christina, I think.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM

You are so sad. You don't like something cos you are assuming someone is trying to fit into a market? You aren't even giving the music a chance. You must live a sad hipster life...i feel bad for your current/future children

boarderwoozel3
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
The record labels can only contain "indie electronic music" to the extent that the "indie electronic" musicians let themselves be contained. Christina Aguilera is not an "indie electronic" musician; she's a mega pop star who (assuming the theories about this are true) wants to make an album that is far more interesting than anything she's done in the past. If she pulls it off, then what's not to like? If this waters down The Knife or Bjork or Aphex Twin or anything else that it's trying to sound like in your eyes, that's your shortcoming.

Also, the quotation marks above are used to highlight Sarah Palin baby terminology.

Simmer down hombre. You're reading all kinds of nonsense into this.

I was making an observation about popular culture. Indie, as a trend, is becoming increasingly contained and resold to us as alternative. There is no debating this. Look no further than Urban Outfitters, American Apparel or even Nordstrom. How about Phoenix, Grizzly Bear and Arcade Fire in TV commercials? Fortunately cultural texts are polysemic so they can never be fully contained anyway.

How I feel about that is irrelevant, thus, I didn't share my opinion. And of course this isn't going to cheapen work by Bjork, The Knife, and Aphex Twin. Where did that come from anyway?

schoolofruckus
02-11-2010, 01:13 PM

Will you still hate it if Goldfrapp comes out next week and goes "This isn't Christina Aguilera, goddammit - it's me!", and then releases an album and a series of videos and a tour that all fit this aesthetic. Will you still hate it then? Because then it's totally not the same thing as some marketing guy in zajaa's office telling a former Mouseketeer to go "weird" and "indie"?

zajaa
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I bet you really suck at your job.

Nope. I bet you're a christina aguilera fan though.
:puke

humanoid
02-11-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd rather find out who it really is before formulating a very strong opinion about it.

Red.Sonja
02-11-2010, 01:15 PM
You are so sad. You don't like something cos you are assuming someone is trying to fit into a market? You aren't even giving the music a chance. You must live a sad hipster life...i feel bad for your current/future children

haha your kidding me right? you are the one that created a thread about a girl who sang "i'm a genie in a bottle"

microcuts
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Because the artist determines whether or not it's any good?

wmgaretjax
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Nope. I bet you're a christina aguilera fan though.
:puke

Nope. But I sure as hell don't underestimate the people that are in my industry.

boarderwoozel3
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd rather find out who it really is before formulating a very strong opinion about it.

For this particular case, sure. But from a cultural rhetorician's vantage point the general sentiment still stands.

Queenie Cupcakes
02-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Aguilera's camp has denied it:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630492/20100126/lady_gaga.jhtml

Because while we don't know much about the "Iamamiwhoami" series, according to Aguilera's publicist, "Iamamiwhoami" is "100 percent not [Christina] ... not sure why people think it is."

Red.Sonja
02-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Will you still hate it if Goldfrapp comes out next week and goes "This isn't Christina Aguilera, goddammit - it's me!", and then releases an album and a series of videos and a tour that all fit this aesthetic. Will you still hate it then? Because then it's totally not the same thing as some marketing guy in zajaa's office telling a former Mouseketeer to go "weird" and "indie"?

I'm not really into Goldfrapp, just if I were to guess, first person that comes to mind when I watched those vids was Goldfrapp.

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 01:19 PM
The chick in the first video really looked like her.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
haha your kidding me right? you are the one that created a thread about a girl who sang "i'm a genie in a bottle"

No I'm serious. Yeah she did Genie in A Bottle but she also walked out during the Grammy's and did this tribute song for James Brown....say what you want about her first album but this shows how great of a voice she has

gCr1DQI3q1A

I don't know why I'm wasting my time....you are too cool to admit you can even appreciate something like this

captncrzy
02-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Whoever it is, I'm interested enough in it to find out.

No way it's CA, though.

schoolofruckus
02-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Simmer down hombre. You're reading all kinds of nonsense into this.

I was making an observation about popular culture. Indie, as a trend, is becoming increasingly contained and resold to us as alternative. There is no debating this. Look no further than Urban Outfitters, American Apparel or even Nordstrom. How about Phoenix, Grizzly Bear and Arcade Fire in TV commercials? Fortunately cultural texts are polysemic so they can never be fully contained anyway.

How I feel about that is irrelevant, thus, I didn't share my opinion. And of course this isn't going to cheapen work by Bjork, The Knife, and Aphex Twin. Where did that come from anyway?

What I object to is the implication that anyone would ever think that "indie" (a term that I loathe) is some noble, rebellious subculture that fights the good fight against the corporate way. It has ALWAYS been "sold to us as an alternative". Pop music is pop music, and Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, and Arcade Fire are 100% pop music. They were when they started, and they probably always will be. The fact that these bands were hatched in environments with more street cred than a corporate office in Orlando ultimately means very little, because the music they're making is tailored for mass consumption. And I say this as someone who loves Grizzly Bear, enjoys the hell out of Phoenix, and was a cultish fan of Arcade Fire prior to "Neon Bible". All three of these bands deserve to be hugely successful, and if Christina Aguilera really goes out and makes an album that fulfills the promise of these video clips (as opposed to just a standard assembly-line pop album that pretends to sound like this), then she deserves all the success she gets as well.

schoolofruckus
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM

This is where the problem lies. It's not "finding out who it is" that you should hold out for; it's hearing the album. The album is what will ultimately matter, not the identity of the performer.

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 01:28 PM
It's not Goldfrapp... two songs from her new album are out already.

captncrzy
02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Little Boots? (according to some on the youtube channel)

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm intrigued either way, regardless of who it is. In fact I hope it's Christina, because I like a good chunk of her music. So it's pop music. Who cares? If the songs are good, then it's worth the time.

I think think the teeth comparison picture seals the deal that it's her.

humanoid
02-11-2010, 01:33 PM
This is where the problem lies. It's not "finding out who it is" that you should hold out for; it's hearing the album. The album is what will ultimately matter, not the identity of the performer.

I'm not really "holding out for" anything...I'm curious who it is and what the music sounds like...I just meant that I don't want to get particularly riled up over anything based upon mere speculation.

wmgaretjax
02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
It's not Goldfrapp... two songs from her new album are out already.

hypothetical.

BlackSwan
Doubtful... her first album was released less than a year ago.

hawkingvsreeve
That last video is pretty sweet.

schoolofruckus
02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm not really "holding out for" anything...I'm curious who it is and what the music sounds like...I just meant that I don't want to get particularly riled up over anything based upon mere speculation.

Fair point.

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2010, 01:37 PM

and at least it would be made by someone actually worth looking at. that dirty video is so hot :x

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
People on the youtube channel are trying to claim it's Karin. The voice in these videos sounds NOTHING like her. People are dumb.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 01:45 PM
If it is her I think she should of performed like these videos for Hope for Haiti instead of like this.....even though I love this performance

2ZxtLSiE30w

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 01:47 PM
hypothetical.

I was addressing the none hypothetical posts. Some people have been guessing that it is Goldfrapp.

and at least it would be made by someone actually worth looking at. that dirty video is so hot :x

Can't disagree there.

humanoid
02-11-2010, 01:51 PM
If it is her I think she should of performed like these videos for Hope for Haiti instead of like this.....even though I love this performance

It would seem that performing in her more recognizable style would be a better strategy for raising charitable contributions than debuting a bizarrely experimental departure that could potentially cause many viewers to change the channel.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
It would seem that performing in her more recognizable style would be a better strategy for raising charitable contributions than debuting a bizarrely experimental departure that could potentially cause many viewers to change the channel.

A agree with you 100% but it still would of been funny and badass

J~$$$$
02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Goldfrapp.

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I think it's too slick to be Goldfrapp.

captncrzy
02-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I think it's The Golden Filter:

http://www.thegoldenfilter.com/

http://blogs.denverpost.com/reverb/wp-content/photos/the_Golden_Filter_1.jpg

http://www.self-titledmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/magnumpr_tgf1.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCylWgQFMXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCylWgQFMXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I think it's too slick to be Goldfrapp.

And her album has been announced and there are already two tracks out on the internets. It's definitely not Goldfrapp. This whole mystery marketing shit would be pointless.

J~$$$$
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I think Jen is on the right track

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Golden Filter is more dance oriented than these videos seem to be. Songs like Solid Gold (which I LOVE) or My Favorite Things make me think they are going to stick with their sort of Italian Disco sound. They did a Cut Copy remix that leans that direction as well. My money is still on Christina.

bug on your lip
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM
it's probably one of bug's aliases

J~$$$$
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
No way it's Christina. I refuse to believe it. She's no chris gaines.

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:34 PM
I find Christina to be a credible pop artist who tries new directions with each record. This would be a completely radical new direction, but I don't know. Whoever it is I want more. I've been watching these videos over and over for the past hour.

humanoid
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
No way it's Christina. I refuse to believe it. She's no chris gaines.

It's the long awaited Garth Brooks comeback...he's in much deeper than Chris Gaines this time

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
That teeth comparison shot is amazing detective work. I'm convinced it's Christina.

dorkfish
02-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I still think that this is the most damning evidence that it's Christina:

http://stuff.sonybmg.de/Image/Christina_Aguilera/Promo_Album.jpg

microcuts
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
That teeth comparison shot is amazing detective work. I'm convinced it's Christina.

There's another comparison shot out there focusing on her nose/piercings and everything matches up identically. I'm also convinced.

J~$$$$
02-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm sounding like Ron here, but there is now way she's pissing off her pop/r&b fan base. Unless it's a movie tie in and Cher is in those videos somewhere.

J~$$$$
02-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Fuck it I have no idea. I like it though.

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I still think that this is the most damning evidence that it's Christina:

I was just coming back in here to post this. This is going to be very interesting.

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm sounding like Ron here, but there is now way she's pissing off her pop/r&b fan base. Unless it's a movie tie in and Cher is in those videos somewhere.

http://jessj.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/808s.jpg

I'm just sayin'.

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Ha, at least she's not dumb enough to use autotune for an entire album.

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I loved that album.

Edit:

And who knows what she will be using. Everything is very synthetic sounding at the moment. Also, Kanye, unlike Christina, needs the autotune.

humanoid
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Ha, at least she's not dumb enough to use autotune for an entire album.

that's for people who can't sing

J~$$$$
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
http://jessj.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/808s.jpg

I'm just sayin'.

That was not a complete departure from who kanye was. These videos other than a muddy female is a complete 180 from the artist formaly known as Christina.

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 02:49 PM
that's for people who can't sing

I'm aware.

And yeah, 808s wasn't that bad actually. It was just a big turn-off for his fans that like the same old shit.

xavierfah
02-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Great new Coachella playlist @ http://wp.me/pL8mh-4D check it out!!!

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Not a 180, no, but for a hip hop artist to have virtually no hip hop on an album of theirs would be a pretty big change I would say. Also, that album sold like 5 copies total. One to me, one to Valarie and the other 3 to Kanye. I'm just saying that I dont think it is that much of a stretch to see pop artists venture off into new areas.

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM

gtfo

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Fuck you, spammer.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
i find it funny that someone is spamming about coachella in the coachella message board.

edit: im an idiot. I just realized the link isn't for coachella at all. Spammer 1 point Caco 0 points

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
And in your thread of all places.

Queenie Cupcakes
02-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm wondering if the female in the clips will be at all vital to the end product. She could just be secondary and not even audible when whomever it is reveals themself/ves. How come nobody has suspected Radiohead? This is something they'd do and the whale in the 2nd clip sounds like something from Kid A.

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Because it's Christina.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
lol I love you Brandon

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Aww, the comments on the blog are moderated. I don't think mine will end up being approved.

Anyway, this whole "mystery" is actually pretty intriguing. When do we find out more?

caco0283
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Well Christina is supposed to drop the first single in the next week or two....so that might be a clue

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Apart from the mystery of who it is, what do you guys think of the music?

I think it sounds pretty rad, and I want more. Someone tell me where to send my money.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM

I think it sounds pretty rad, and I want more. Someone tell me where to send my money.

I think it sounds amazing...its hard for me to pick which is my favorite video out of the four....they all sound and look great

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm wondering if the female in the clips will be at all vital to the end product. She could just be secondary and not even audible when whomever it is reveals themself/ves. How come nobody has suspected Radiohead? This is something they'd do and the whale in the 2nd clip sounds like something from Kid A.

Wow, you're a moron.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29884&highlight=relentless+retarded

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I think it sounds amazing...its hard for me to pick which is my favorite video out of the four....they all sound and look great

I definitely think there is potential here. I'm into it so far.

I especially like the places the intro-ish beat at the beginning of this video could go, but you're right, it's hard to pick a favorite:

HouIf-PXpJs

caco0283
02-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, you're a moron.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29884&highlight=relentless+retarded

You made me choke on the smoke I was inhaling

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 03:23 PM
The tree licking one is sweet. I also really enjoy the strawberry shortcake afterbirth bath one. And the one with her face. They are all good.

humanoid
02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm far more intrigued than I expected to be.

Mr.Nipples
02-11-2010, 03:35 PM
sounds like what mbv would be doing today if they were actually making new music

Mr.Nipples
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
theres no way in hell this is christina after looking over the production credits on her new record...

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
theres no way in hell this is christina after looking over the production credits on her new record...

The teeth man, the teeth.

Hannahrain
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4350119994_30f4c30f89_o.png

Mr.Nipples
02-11-2010, 03:47 PM
see

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Ah, touche. Either way, this viral marketing shit works. I couldn't be more intrigued.

TallGuyCM
02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
And whoever it is should get a bunch of lasers and play the Mojave opposite Muse on Saturday night.

rskapcat
02-11-2010, 03:52 PM
My first thought was Poe, for some reason. Just a random guess...I have no teeth evidence to back up the hunch.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.horrorstew.com/images/Lips.jpg

rskapcat
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Antici......pation.

dorkfish
02-11-2010, 04:06 PM
one of the producers is Tricky, so it's somewhat plausible. and the Neptunes are on there, too, and they just chameleon styles, so it's possible that they're just doing a Knife impression.

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Little Boots' teeth cascade in the wrong direction.

schoolofruckus
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM

I agree. It's got an appealing sonic palate and somewhat unconventional structure. It's definitely a little on the glossy side, but I'm excited to hear what full songs sound like.

Mr.Nipples
02-11-2010, 04:15 PM
one of the producers is Tricky, so it's somewhat plausible. and the Neptunes are on there, too, and they just chameleon styles, so it's possible that they're just doing a Knife impression.

its not the same tricky

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-11-2010, 04:20 PM
i'm extremely fascinated by the music in these clips...I really want to hear more. The visuals are trite and boring to me though.

And I have a hard time imagining this is Christina Aguilera

hawkingvsreeve
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM
The synth line from :16 to :20 in the tree licking video is all kinds of nasty.

dorkfish
02-11-2010, 04:40 PM
its not the same tricky
oh hey you're right. i'm dumb.

caco0283
02-11-2010, 04:43 PM
The synth line from :16 to :20 in the tree licking video is all kinds of nasty.

excuse me but can we refer to that video as treegina

emtgreg
02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I think I agree with Hannah that it is probably Little Boots.

I would HOPE its Xtina, because she is a fucking talent that in my opinion, is wasted on generic overproduced pop...

Mr.Nipples
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
i'm dumb.

negative!

emtgreg
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Lol, I saw all those posts :)

Hannahrain
02-11-2010, 05:04 PM

I wasn't really taking a stance. Brandon's got a good point about the ostensible difference in the tooth overlap. I just thought it was worth throwing out there.

I have zero doubt that Christina is capable of something like this, actually.

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Is this "stuff" postable, nation?

nationocean
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
not really.

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I did some searching and found this: JbASPl7PXOs

Obviously, it could be fake.

bmack86
02-11-2010, 07:11 PM
So, if this is Christina Aguilera, y'all think it'll bomb? It sounds pretty weird for public consumption.

BlackSwan
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Being weird made Lady Gaga even more popular, so if it's catchy, it has a chance.

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2010, 09:06 PM
excuse me but can we refer to that video as treegina

awesome.

westcoastpirate
02-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I thought I read somewhere Christina Aguilera was working with Goldfrapp, Sia and Ladytron on her new album. If that is the case I think there is a high chance that CA is the one in the videos.

Edit...see article:
http://www.spinner.com/2009/11/07/ladytron-pen-songs-for-christina-aguileras-next-album/

When Christina Aguilera enlisted Ladytron to write songs for her upcoming fourth album, 'Light & Darkness,' she could have wielded her diva powers and told the British electro-pop group exactly what she was looking for. Thankfully, that's not what happened. "She just told us she wanted to enter our world," Ladytron multi-instrumentalist Reuben Wu tells Spinner. "She didn't want to give us any idea what she wanted the music to be. She wanted us to do our own thing."

Wu says Aguilera approached the group two years ago and that the surprisingly modest pop star wasn't shy about declaring herself a fan. "She said she was inspired by our music and we were one of her favorite bands," he says. Although Wu and his cohorts -- fellow keyboardist Daniel Hunt and vocalists Helen Marnie and Mira Aroyo -- were initially required to remain hush-hush about the project, they couldn't keep their secret from everyone.

"What do we do but tell our parents?" Wu says. "Christina is one of those people where you know your parents would have heard of her, so it's kind of good for us to tell our moms and dads, 'Look, mom, look, dad -- we're actually doing something you can understand.'"

Over the course of 10 years and four studio albums, Ladytron has earned praise from and toured with the likes of Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode, but the Aguilera collaboration marks the first time the Liverpool quartet has written for another artist. "Working with Christina was a completely different experience," Wu says. "To hear her singing on those tracks, it was pretty shocking how great her voice is. Obviously, you hear it on MTV and on the radio, but to actually listen in front of you, singing in front of you, it's a completely different thing. And quite a few of the songs, she just did one take, and that was it."

Due out early next year, 'Light & Darkness' will also feature contributions from Goldfrapp and Sia Furler -- electronic artists whose involvement suggests Aguilera is trading the retro-pop vibe of her last album for something more futuristic. "My feeling is that she got to a point in her life where she wanted to take her music to a different level," Wu says. "She was willing to take a risk and go in a completely different direction. It wasn't like, 'Oh, I want to be all electro.' It wasn't anything like that. She just wanted to evolve her music according to what she was listening to at the time."

Besides Ladytron, Aguilera has evidently been getting down to Brazilian dance rock and '90s British punk. While visiting the singer in Los Angeles recently, the members of Ladytron rode with her to a CSS show, blasting Elastica jams in the back of her limo. "She's got really good taste," Wu says.

Wu isn't sure how many of Ladytron's tracks will make the finished 'Light & Darkness,' but he says all of the songs pick up where the group's last album, 2008's 'Velocifero,' left off. In working with Aguilera, Wu and company were even inspired to write some major-key tunes, something the darkly dressed, quasi-Goth party starters aren't exactly known for.

"I'm glad to say they're still very Ladytron, and they're also very Christina, because her voice is on the tracks," he says. "We're very pleased with it."

And a collaboration with Le Tigre on the new album?
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2010/02/its-true-christina-aguilera-recorded-songs-with-le.html

Le Tigre Blogs About Christina Aguilera Collaboration

Christina Aguilera has come a long way from middle-school boom box jams (“Reflection,” anyone?) and the “Dirrrty” music video. For her upcoming album, Bionic, tentatively scheduled for April, Aguilera has logged studio time with an interesting and talented batch of ladies—Goldfrapp, Ladytron, M.I.A., Santigold and Le Tigre.

Word of the collaborations surfaced last fall, and now Le Tigre has discussed their part via their website. Apparently, Xtina had a thing for the trio’s song “Deceptacon,” and asked them to work on tracks for her new album. Le Tigre member Johanna Fateman had plenty of nice things to say about working with Aguilera. “She is a technical virtuoso behind the mic, layering take after take of flawless vocals and coming up with variations, ad-libs, and harmonies on the fly,” Fateman wrote.

And while Christina’s positive-message songs (“Beautiful”) go hand-in-hand with Le Tigre’s feminist electro-rock, their sound is obviously a long way from Aguilera’s glossy Top-40 sheen—not that there’s anything wrong with that. “Together we tailored themes and specific references to her personality and image but found a ton of common ground in our aim to make upbeat danceable tracks celebrating female friendship, strength, and of course, PARTYING,” Fateman explained. “And while the giant sound of her stacked vocals and the pop sheen she lends to the tracks might seem at odds with Le Tigre’s aesthetic roots, it really works. The songs have a lot of elements we’re known for, like a garage guitar sound, schoolyard chants, new wave-y synths, electro beats, and somehow it all sounds crazily right with Christina’s unbelievable voice.”

JewFace
02-12-2010, 02:43 AM
I've been following these videos for the last few months. They've been slowly coming out with several weeks in-between each one. They were sent to a lot of pop and electronic oriented sites and blogs. You can find gobs and gobs of analysis of these videos on other sites as people try to uncover who this is. The suggestions have ranged from Christina to the most unlikely of candidates like some runner up on Norwegian Idol. I kid you not. But people are really getting into solving this one online. I'm talking about people capturing frames and examining the woman's eyes to determine that she has natural blue eyes which are being covered by brown contact lenses type of stuff.

There's a lot to suggest this is Christina, but I just don't see her going this left field. As I recall other things noted were:

The birth themes (the nature footage of which appears to have been edited out due to copyright claims.) and the sound of a fetus ultrasound match up with comments she supposedly made about this new record being about becoming a mother.

She was spotted wearing an outfit recently with strawberry cakes all over it and as you can see, one of the videos features such a cake.

If this does turn out to be Christina, I have a feeling that although the album may feature elements of the music from these vids, that the finished songs will probably be a lot more MOR.

mountmccabe
02-12-2010, 06:48 AM
nRfP2EfpGrg

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2010, 07:00 AM
who doesn't love deceptacon? i've run across entire clubs & over chairs to dance to that song lol.

superfiction
02-12-2010, 07:07 AM
i dont thinkk this is christina. i almost made a thread about this yesterday but then decided against it. its too....not low fi....but just i dunno. its not something mainstream would latch onto. even though we think its really cool. i kinda feel like this may be a new artist

CellarOwl
02-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I really don't have a hard time believing this to be Christina, and I also don't think it will be nearly as out there or radical as it appears or sounds thus far. This type of promo shrouded in mystery is nothing new for musicians and some of the endproduct has been pretty standard fare. All that said, if this is Christina, this is going to be a fucking HUGE album when all is known.

captncrzy
02-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm fascinated by this

From CA's official message board (one of the mods)

The vids doing the rounds are not Christina. This is OFFICIAL.

Therefore, we do not encourage discussion of them on this forum. Christina doesn't like her fans to be duped. So, please don't come into this forum and discuss the vids like they "could/might" be her. They are not.

People who persist in spreading this rumour will get a temp ban to help them cool off.

Management still expect the release date to be APRIL. This has been confirmed for a while now, so despite what you've read elsewhere, this album has not been 'pushed back'.

Finally, just to add that we don't want any useless clutter going on with a discussion about the current viral videos that are doing the rounds. It isn't Christina, and that's that. If you wish to speculate, please go to another forum to do so.

Somebody put together the whole face and put blue eyes in on another forum:

http://princesuperstar.com/Blog/whoami2.png

captncrzy
02-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm also seeing that some people think it's Margaret Berger.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/18/l_e44278c4dda9c125854ca74b8155a95a.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/111/l_7e9e5c43b9de4676990aed8e6017ca6a.jpg

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00270/Margaret_Berger_270905m.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
02-12-2010, 05:26 PM
http://princesuperstar.com/Blog/whoami2.png

This makes me think it isn't her.

But that teeth photo still has me 99% sure. You cant fake your grill.

hawkingvsreeve
02-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Someone brightened the shit out of it and threw it on the youtoobs. I think :28 to :30 looks a lot like Christina.

lOy88uZn0zc

whynotsmile99
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
isn't everyone jumping to conclusions that it's a christina or little boots or another blond singer? Couldn't it just be a model covered in dirt licking a tree? Why couldn't this be Animal Collective or yeasayer or some other band i know nothing about?

but yea, probably christina

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Now that i think about it, it's probably weird marketing for a new needlepoint license music collection from Killertracks or DeWolfe or something.

That would be hilarious

captncrzy
02-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Man, I was all excited this morning because I thought i had it figured out.

From the YOUTUBE channel:

What the numbers spell:

1st vid: educational
2nd vid: iam
3rd vid: itsme
4th vid: mandragora

There's a band called Mandragora..(from wikipedia)

Mandragora are a space-rock/world dance-music band from Brighton, England, whose formative output can be described as psychedelic rock with ethnic sounds and tribal rhythms. Formed in 1983, the band have released 5 albums of their own, and a collaborative album with Phil Thornton. They built up a loyal following on the free festival circuit of the 1980s and '90s, and were signed to Delerium Records. In recent years Mandragora have evolved into a world music/electronic...

According to the bands official website a new album is scheduled for release in 2010. The article states: "World dance music pioneers and firm festival favorites’ Mandragora’ are back doing live shows and have a new album/film scheduled for release in 2010. The current line up features the amazing Bosnian singer Dalinda, who grew up in Libya and has released albums for ARC records. Dalinda is well known all over the Middle East and North Africa from her MTV appearances in Egypt and live performances throughout the world. Original members Simon Williams and Phil Thornton are back performing live again as Mandragora after several years concentrating on studio projects , producing other artists and performing live with other acts as well as recording musicians all over the globe!"[5]ance act featuring singers and musicians from all corners of the globe.

Then I listened to their stuff.
http://www.mandragora.biz/

Nah

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-14-2010, 02:13 PM
I find the message board stuff pretty compelling for the case of it not being Christina.

caco0283
02-15-2010, 06:34 AM
They cut this video a bit different. It has a few new shots in it

4yAI5_YXNqI

Mr.Nipples
02-15-2010, 06:51 AM
its not her. heres a 2 second snippet from her new music video
oLywngHwUl8&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Queenie Cupcakes
02-15-2010, 07:11 AM
This is definitely NOT going to end up being Xtina Aguilera. Here's some more evidence against it:

"There she revealed that she worked with M.I.A., Santigold and Ladytron adding, "The overall versatility of this record is truly something special for me. The result was just crazy magic. There truly is something for everyone to enjoy on the record."[77] She also worked with Goldfrapp[78] and Tricky Stewart who revealed that the album is finished adding, “She’s mixing it up again. She’s singing R&B again, she’s doing pop. She’s doing it all, but she’s found a way to make it all meet in the middle because she’s so many different things. She’s a real serious musician.”... Glam, the first single from Bionic, is expected to hit radio airwaves in February 2010.[[79]

Yes, she worked with a lot of cool musicians that would make her sound more experimental but in the end, I think the album is going to be a clusterfuck of different sounds and not something consistent like those videos suggest. If I know my mainstream pop princesses and their songs well then "Glam" will sound like a glossy catchy pop song meant for radio play and not some ironic Knife-like song where Xtina crawls in mud lol

hawkingvsreeve
02-15-2010, 10:27 AM
A friend of mine suggested Robyn the other day. She has some lower teeth issues like in the photo comparison on page 1 but her face is too strong featured to be the one above. I dunno. It's a mystery.

captncrzy
02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Does Robyn have anything going on/coming out?

Also, I think there's a fisheye lens on the camera that distorts her features.

hawkingvsreeve
02-15-2010, 11:29 AM
She has an album due out this year and she's apparently working with Diplo.

humanoid
02-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't know what it says about me, but every time I see Diplo's name, my brain makes it read "dildo"

confessions thread I guess

daft$tar
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM

I would HOPE its Xtina, because she is a fucking talent that in my opinion, is wasted on generic overproduced pop...

its little boots for sure

her album comes out in the usa on march 2

captncrzy
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Eye shape? Check
Mole? Check
Upper teeth? Check

Yep

http://princesuperstar.com/Blog/whoami2.pnghttp://www.justintimberlake.com/uploads/assets/0000/1081/Little_Boots_littleboots.jpg

captncrzy
02-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I think it might be the band Salem. This chick looks a lot like Heather Marlatt. They have an album coming out on IAMSOUND (iamamiwhoami?)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eah5aN1JZpI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eah5aN1JZpI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TallGuyCM
02-19-2010, 01:09 PM
So if it is Little Boots, does that mean there's a chance we might get a treegina appearance at Coachella?

captncrzy
02-22-2010, 08:49 AM
New video

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UxC4zMCwefo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UxC4zMCwefo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

caco0283
02-22-2010, 08:52 AM
I was just going to post this...lol....i like it

caco0283
02-22-2010, 08:54 AM
So if it is Little Boots, does that mean there's a chance we might get a treegina appearance at Coachella?

I'm all for treegina

BlackSwan
02-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Oh yeah... I talked to someone who has heard the new Christina album and will be helping produce her upcoming tour, and these videos are definitely not Christina. The person I talked to didn't even know about these mysterious teasers... Sorry, caco.

caco0283
02-22-2010, 08:57 AM
creepy

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/caco0283/Picture10.png?t=1266857846

caco0283
02-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh yeah... I talked to someone who has heard the new Christina album and will be helping produce her upcoming tour, and these videos are definitely not Christina. The person I talked to didn't even know about these mysterious teasers... Sorry, caco.

its all good I still get another Christina tour!!!!!

Yablonowitz
02-24-2010, 10:35 AM
creepy

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/caco0283/Picture10.png?t=1266857846

She actually kind of looks like you with blond hair.

nationocean
02-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok, I admit it. It's really a new commercial campaign for tampax.

caco0283
02-24-2010, 11:34 AM
She actually kind of looks like you with blond hair.

Yablo go back into hiding. I don't like you anymore!!

emtgreg
02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok, I admit it. It's really a new commercial campaign for tampax.

if that was true, the rumors and such would not be such a bloody mess...

JewFace
02-24-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm not digging the new video so much. And, Jesus H., are they dragging this thing on. They've been releasing these videos for months! What is this? A 2010 Christmas album?

If this is not Christina, then I guess the posting of a screenshot from one of these videos on a BMG site, labeled as being Christina was a red herring? Which would indicate then that this is a Sony artist, right? Why would Sony BMG help a competing label's artist create a red herring? I guess it could be some bored or disgruntled Sony BMG employee making trouble, though.

hawkingvsreeve
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Just got a hold of Goldfrapps new track. This shit is definitely not Goldfrapp considering that it doesnt require leggings and a jazzercize class from 1985.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 12:32 PM
"Rocket", "Alive", "Believer"?... Or is there another one out there now?

hawkingvsreeve
02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Rocket. This thing sounds like Ladyhawke covering Van Halen's "Jump."

emtgreg
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
pip covering van halen would be lulz

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Rocket. This thing sounds like Ladyhawke covering Van Halen's "Jump."

Holy smokes this song is amazing!

Someone on a blog points out that it sounds just like the Pointer Sisters...pretty spot on.

hawkingvsreeve
02-25-2010, 02:45 PM
That too. I think it might be just a hair too cheeseball for me to get into it.

chairmenmeow47
02-25-2010, 03:30 PM
What is this? A 2010 Christmas album?

this christmas, i'm having a christmas treegina. vagazzled and all.

wmgaretjax
02-25-2010, 03:37 PM
I think it might be the band Salem. This chick looks a lot like Heather Marlatt. They have an album coming out on IAMSOUND (iamamiwhoami?)

It doesn't really sound like SALEM. Not to mention, the budget seems way to high for them.

JewFace
02-25-2010, 03:40 PM
"Rocket", "Alive", "Believer"?... Or is there another one out there now?

Incomplete (as in the file cuts off before the song ends) versions of 'Shiny & Warm' and 'Head First' have been floating around as well. 'Rocket' is definitely the cheesiest of the bunch. 'Believer' is dreamy and 'Alive' is just pure euphoria and, yeah, absolutely no way in hell Goldfrapp has anything to do with this viral project, but I think that was discovered when 'Rocket' leaked last month.

Royksopp's Senior? Has anyone mentioned that one?

hawkingvsreeve
02-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Too cool to be Royksopp.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Snapz

captncrzy
03-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Well, this is just getting fucking weirder and weirder.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1rpD_eclfTY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1rpD_eclfTY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BlackSwan
03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
And the Little Boots album came out today, so it's not her

hawkingvsreeve
03-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I still love it.

MUST KNOW MORE

dorkfish
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
http://twitter.com/IAmItsMe

hawkingvsreeve
03-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Those are some fucked up strawberries.

RageAgainstTheAoki
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
I really want to know who this is. Even though there's some obvious distortion going on in the face close-ups, this woman looks nothing like Christina. This has to be someone new. Some people seem to be speculating that the videos (especially the tree semen and the dogs) may have some connection to fables about the mandrake plant which was said to sprout from the semen of executed criminals. WTF???

The old tales go so far as to explain one of the few "safe" processes for harvesting Mandrake. The process reportedly involved starving a dog until it was nearly feral from hunger. Then the dog was tied with a rope to the exposed parts of the Mandrake plant.

The harvester then placed a steak or other raw meat a bit out of the dog's reach. The person reportedly had to either quickly leave the vicinity or adequately block their ears to avoid death. The dog would then strain so hard to get to the meat that it would rip the Mandrake plant out of the earth.

The Mandrake's scream would kill the dog but then the harvester would be free to take the plant once the screaming stopped. This process was supposedly carried out by witches who allegedly used the Mandrake for spells, potions, poisons and other sorceries involving prophecy and protection.
From: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/653453/the_history_of_the_mandrake_plant.html?cat=4

An additional superstition applied in Europe to the mandrake was that it grew from the moisture that dropped from a felon hanged, and was sometimes to be found beneath the gallows. Some believed that the most efficacious roots grew under a gallows or where suicides had been buried at crossroads. As to why the most potent mandrakes were supposed to grow under gallows, they were believed to be produced from the semen involuntarily ejaculated by a hanged man.
from: http://www.whitedragon.org.uk/articles/mandrake.htm

EDIT: I just looked at the Twitter account that dorkfish posted and it says
Bio EDUCATIONAL I AM ITS ME MANDRAGORA OFFICINARUM
Madragora Officinarum = the mandrake plant. Guess the above explanation holds true. Assuming this is a legit Twitter account and not just some bored fan stirring up trouble.

microcuts
03-02-2010, 01:07 AM
My guess is that Margaret Berger person. She's also on Sony so that would explain the red herring image on the Sony German server. Weird.

JewFace
03-02-2010, 03:59 AM
My guess is that Margaret Berger person. She's also on Sony so that would explain the red herring image on the Sony German server. Weird.

I have to admit she looks a lot like the girl in the videos, but this new work just seems like such a departure from...

issxl_LCULs

captncrzy
03-02-2010, 07:57 AM
When she says "why", she looks an AWFUL LOT like Lily Cole. Not that she would be the artist, but she could be the model.

daft$tar
03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
i hope its christina - not sure shes this interesting though - boots has denied it was her (im sure thats listed back a few pages)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-02-2010, 10:44 AM
The only interesting thing about that Margaret Berger video is that she is really, really pretty

humanoid
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
The only interesting thing about that Margaret Berger video is that she is really, really pretty

I wish I had watched it while muted....a few times in the early portions of the vid, she looks like she really wants to lick the wall she's pressed up against...

JewFace
03-03-2010, 01:28 AM
This Berger chick was the runner up on the 2nd season of Norwegian Idol. I just can't wrap my mind around the artist who sang "Will You Remember Me Tomorrow" being behind these videos. I know this is incredibly sexist, but if it is her, I bet it's not a solo project. Got to be a collaboration with another artist.

crazzz2007
03-03-2010, 01:35 AM
This Berger chick was the runner up on the 2nd season of Norwegian Idol. I just can't wrap my mind around the artist who sang "Will You Remember Me Tomorrow" being behind these videos. I know this is incredibly sexist, but if it is her, I bet it's not a solo project. Got to be a collaboration with another artist.

how is that even remotely sexist (let alone "incredibly sexist")? that's ridiculous that you would say that. damn political correctness run amok.

JewFace
03-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Well, you know, the idea that a female solo artist couldn't possibly be behind something so intriguing. Not all by herself. You're right. It's not "incredibly" sexist. But I'm going on fumes here. night night.

MissingPerson
03-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Have we even had a suggested release date for whatever/whoever this is?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Well, you know, the idea that a female solo artist couldn't possibly be behind something so intriguing. Not all by herself. You're right. It's not "incredibly" sexist. But I'm going on fumes here. night night.

What you're saying here here is sexist, but your statement about that particular artist wasn't sexist at all, when related to her actual body of work

schoolofruckus
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM

It's only incredibly sexist because you acknowledged that it was, which indicates that you harbor deeper suspicions that it couldn't have been done without a man's help. Otherwise no one would have suspected you, because really, who's eager to credit a man with conceiving of the Great Treegina Mystery of '10?

scoop49er
03-04-2010, 06:41 PM
i dont like her music but i would fuck her hard!

hawkingvsreeve
03-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Jesus Christ.

caco0283
03-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Really Brandon??? Does Jesus come to your mind when someone talks about having sex??? We need to have a talk old friend

superfiction
03-04-2010, 08:44 PM
could it be little dragon?

captncrzy
03-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Full track:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2WDbAFvt6A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2WDbAFvt6A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Any guesses? It looks like there are three different dudes in the video.

wmgaretjax
03-14-2010, 07:40 PM
there are some OK production elements to that. but damn, it's really mediocre pop music at its core.

Hannahrain
03-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I really don't like the tape. It reminds me of the dead skin in the mouth of a dried-out dying old person. I am very uncomfortable.

captncrzy
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
The fake beards are scarier than the tape lady.

Hannahrain
03-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I didn't watch that far because the tape made me feel like the roof of my mouth was leathery and peeling off in long curls and fronds.

Hannahrain
03-14-2010, 07:51 PM
And then there would be raw areas as though a palate router were a real machine and you know you wouldn't be able to stop tonguing them and tasting iron.

Hannahrain
03-14-2010, 07:51 PM
This is the worst video the roof of my mouth has ever watched.

superfiction
03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
great production on a shitty ass song

suprefan
03-14-2010, 08:03 PM
The Knife?

rage patton
03-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah its weird... but it is also really shitty. No way this is anything Karin related.

I have a feeling this a completely new artist.

superfiction
03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
yeah what a let down after all those great clips

captncrzy
03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
It's not Karin. It's someone ripping off her style.

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 12:45 AM
OH EM GEE GUYZ THIS LYK TOTALLY SUCKZORZ CUZ IT DOESNT HAVE SPACE SYNTHS IN IT. GOD I AM SO LET DOWN RIGHT NOW UGH

You guys are silly.

In other news, 6 cats. 6 dogs. 6 graves. 6 cakes. etc.

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Also Karin doesn't have a copyright on weird or creepy. Whoever is doing these is doing just as well.

Hannahrain
03-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I don't object because of the lack of space synths, Brandon. I object because upon viewing the video bloody grooves formed along my palate and turned my mouth into a flesh marimba.

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Now that is an instrument I'd play.

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 01:04 AM
So I still wanted to think it was Christina, but I don't think this girl's breasts are big enough. I could be wrong.

WhyTheLongFace
03-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Also, that album sold like 5 copies total. One to me, one to Valarie and the other 3 to Kanye. I

Platinum you mean?

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Did it really sell that well? Good for him.

WhyTheLongFace
03-15-2010, 01:57 AM
I mean it did sell 450K 1st week

JewFace
03-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Gonna have to agree with the majority, while the new video is still interesting visually that's not much of a song. Perhaps this means she/they/it are better at creating interesting soundscapes than at song craft? Not that there's anything wrong with that as they're damn good sounds they're making on all of the previous videos. No fucking way this is Aguilera now. You can see enough of her face to tell that. Plus, is Aguilera really going to sing with a slight British/Euro accent? (pronouncing "can't" the standard British way).

The weird stuff going on in the videos is enough to keep me glued, though. Series of 6s as Brandon mentioned, the baby being born at the end, the time running out, the addition of menfolk (is this a band?), the video being named "b" (what is it going to spell out?), the fact that the cat makes the same noise as the goat when it "growls"? WTF?? Hmmm...

If this is a new artist, their record company must have a lot of faith in them to put these kind of resources into the thing. I wonder if it's a collaboration between an artist and a musician and the result of some sort of arts council grant.

New names being tossed around...
Top candidate is Swedish/British songstress Jonna Lee.
Jonna's wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonna_Lee_(singer)
Jonna playing the piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApWUq1A9Oc

Jonna seems very, very nice, but there aren't really any musical cues in her previous work that would indicate this is her. To me, she sounds like a Swedish Aimee Mann. There are lots of vids of her singles available on YT.

Also...
Cardigans
Katie Jane Garside

Okay, I'm still hooked.

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I think you're right about Joanna Lee

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_E-qGZc26rw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_E-qGZc26rw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

JewFace
03-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh it wasn't my suggestion. Just seems to be the newest theory out there. She sounds like her, but it's difficult to tell if it looks like her. I mean there are a lot of Scandinavian/Sweedish women out there with long blonde hair. And when I say it sounds like her, I mean the qualities of her voice seem to be a good match for those in the viral videos. The music itself, though? I don't really see a connection. But perhaps that's the point here. A new sound, a rebirth etc.

Hannahrain
03-15-2010, 08:56 AM
God, I get ill when I think about the tape around her nose and mouth slowly loosening as it gathers condensation from breathing inside it.

JewFace
03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Also, I think Brandon's right. We judged this one too quickly. I'm really taking to the music in the new video a lot more now that I've heard it a few times. It's really quite beautiful.

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I actually like it too; not as electronic as the others, but it's just one track.

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Also, Hannah, I'm beginning to worry about you.

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 10:38 AM
SEE?

Let it stew, guys. I don't want a record full of one kind of song.

BlackSwan
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
It's definitely moody, but the whole mystery gimmick is kind of growing stale--at least for me. I just listened to the song without watching the imagery, because the descriptive posts that followed made me think that it wouldn't be the best way to start my morning.

superfiction
03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
i just didnt care for this latest video or song. and the fact that none of these are clues. if it was a game this would all be much cooler....though granted we would have already figured it out im sure

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 12:18 PM
http://www.mbvmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/iamamiwhoami-is-jonna-lee-sweden.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Hmmm. I dunno.

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Jonna tweets:

Looking forward to spending two days in the mud starting tomorrow. 9:18 AM Jul 28th, 2009 via web

Would like to know how to compress 3gb movies to less (for youtube) without fucking up and compromising with the quality. anyone? 12:05 PM Nov 30th, 2009 via Tweetie

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/20199100.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1268681953&Signature=RgKpsqVjd%2FtaW2R3s5mmXQAZDCw%3D

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 12:24 PM
It's quite a sonic change from her previous material.

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Look at those black mud smears around the pool

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 12:29 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/515383.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/1077v2f.png

I see the cabin....?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OF2ezQF-wUw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OF2ezQF-wUw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

teeth
http://i43.tinypic.com/108itxu.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ejwrxc.gif

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1739/jonnax.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hicqk3.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2hicqk3.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Well. That's certainly some strong evidence.

captncrzy
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
The twitter posts and picture she posted are the most compelling for me. "off to spend two days in the mud" and then two days later,a pic of the tub with the umbilical stuff in it.

JewFace
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Holy Christmas, that is some excellent investigative work. I imagine there are Christina Aguilera fanboys weeping their lil hearts out in all corners of the internet today. I'm not 100% convinced (the dramatic shift in sound is still bothering me), but it sure does look like it's going to be her.

Devin the Dude
03-15-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm just disappointed for the lack of involvement with Christina Aguilera's bewbs. :/

caco0283
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
hot damn

wmgaretjax
03-15-2010, 02:17 PM
It's quite a sonic change from her previous material.

but at the same time, the absolutely uninteresting chord progression and bad melody fits perfectly.

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Oh, you.

rage patton
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, what I didn't like about the song, wasn't the lack of synths. It was how boring the music itself mixed with the effects on the vocals which didn't fit the music at all and seemed just to be implemented for no other reason than to make the song "weird."

hawkingvsreeve
03-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I disagree but hey, what else is new. I'm not sure any of these songs will work outside of the album, if they are part of one.

JewFace
03-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm totally with you know. It did seem a bit uninspired at first, but after hearing this song a few times, I'm absolutely bewitched. I can't wait for the next one.

wmgaretjax
03-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm curious as to who did the production though, the last third has some pretty rad stuff going on.

AliviaJack
03-16-2010, 12:00 AM
I am a great fan of Christina Aguilera.This one looks really cool.

superfiction
03-16-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm totally with you know. It did seem a bit uninspired at first, but after hearing this song a few times, I'm absolutely bewitched. I can't wait for the next one.

yeah.
production = 10
song writing = .4

hawkingvsreeve
03-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Why dont you write a song so we can compare.

J~$$$$
03-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Give me back that filet o fish
Give me that fish
Give me back that filet o fish
Give me that fish
What if it were you
Hanging up on this wall?
If it were you in that sandwich
You wouldn't be laughing at all