View Full Version : Dreams...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Delete.

SojuGorae
02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I always forget my dreams.

But a recent one I can remember is me competing in the tour de france and it ended with me having a hero sandwich. Don't know what the hell that means, but I'm sure a psychoanalyst can make something of it.

blakely
02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
this Dee Snyder looking guy .

WORD??

chairmenmeow47
02-22-2007, 01:33 PM
i think it was last tuesday, but i was in my neighborhood, only it was this version of my neighborhood from when i was in high school and for some reason my friend jill lived in my neighboorhood.

well, for some reason i realized i absolutely had to get to jill's to get some clothes from her house and i started running. then, i saw our mutual friend anna at my old high school bus stop. i think it's because the bus-stop now has houses built over it and the houses were being built when i was in high school. anna and i used to climb around the frames of the houses and such, but very strange that i think of the neighborhood that way cause it was only like that for a short amount of time.

anyways, she tells me i can't go to jill's cause the terminator is after me and she keeps trying to hide me. then we see the terminators in two big mac trucks racing each other down seperate streets to jill's house. i try to run, but anna pulls me back. i try to call her, but i keep dropping all my stuff and i have trouble grabbing my phone.

finally, we somehow make it to jill's only now it's magically the back side of the main building of my high school only for some reason it's a prison (go figure). and now we're all waiting in line and i'm constantly trying to hide pot while in line until jill says "it's ok, everyone's smoking!" and she hands me a bong and i wake up.

so... freaking... weird...

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 01:35 PM
i dreamt I pelted Sigourney Weaver with syrupy french toast

dinosaurateme
02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
i had a dream last night that i went to the dentist and the dentist is like, "ok smile" and i smiled and i had fucked up meth teeth.

chunk
02-22-2007, 01:39 PM

But a recent one I can remember is me competing in the tour de france and it ended with me having a hero sandwich. Don't know what the hell that means, but I'm sure a psychoanalyst can make something of it.

you never complete your goals. you always value your immediate needs over your long term goals.

J~$$$
02-22-2007, 01:42 PM
I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

chunk
02-22-2007, 01:43 PM
how boring.

chairmenmeow47
02-22-2007, 01:46 PM

too bad it wasn't mr. t cereal :)

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/internet-pics/Peeweeescapes.jpg

SojuGorae
02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
you never complete your goals. you always value your immediate needs over your long term goals.

Holy fucking shit. That scared me. Matter of fact that is how I am.

Lucky guess or did you study psychology?

chunk
02-22-2007, 02:06 PM
i hope i didnt make you feel bad. just put two and two from the story.

and all of us struggle towards that goal, brother.

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Holy fucking shit. That scared me. Matter of fact that is how I am.

Lucky guess or did you study psychology?

you could have learned this from a fortune cookie.

and not following through on goals is probably the most generic, universal human fault there is.

samiksha
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
most recent dream i can remember: i banged my lit professor and his head was a big yellow bar of soap. i was very angry at having soap in my mouth, and his face was getting very bubbly.

jimmycrackcorn
02-22-2007, 04:19 PM
i dreamt this a long time ago but it is still one of my favorite dreams ever:

i can fly but only backwards so i cannot see where i am going... i am cruising around tagging PUBLIC property (not private) and there are triangle shaped spaceships dropping bombs off in the distance (kinda like the pyramids on the back-o-dollar bills)...

put into a time context:

i was barely a teenager and grew up in the end of the cold war... i was doing drugs heavily at this time of my life and was just getting into tagging... the setting was in my own neigborhood in the coachella valley and it was around dusk and getting darker....

betao
02-23-2007, 07:18 AM
I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

I have a dream... that Daft Punk will do a full, worldwide tour this summer with shows all over the US!

amyzzz
02-23-2007, 09:10 AM
I dreamt that at some party (??) I met Zach from RATM, and he told me that Brandon's band won some contest to be the OPENING band on the mainstage for Coachella on Sunday. I got to be the messenger to break this news to Brandon, who was also in my dream. Brandon, do you even have a band now?
(just fyi, I've never met Brandon IRL).

mob roulette
02-23-2007, 11:55 AM
i keep my visions to myself.

Hannahrain
02-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm only posting this because when i post after you, our signatures make it look like i'm rejecting you. for some reason i find that amusing.

amyzzz
02-23-2007, 12:01 PM
hahahahaha

kimery08
02-23-2007, 12:11 PM
i find that amusing too.

mob roulette
02-23-2007, 12:17 PM
goddamned lesbians. totally hot though. HOT.

mob roulette
02-23-2007, 01:27 PM
i had a jet lag dream a couple of days ago involving the judges from american idol, william blake, spaceships, and time lapse photography. all i can remember from the dream is how cool it looked. crisp yet overexposed. i've never even SEEN this show they call american idol though, for what it's worth. just goes to show how pervasive and powerful our media delivery systems have become. i dream about things that i have absolutely no opinion about. either that or i'm just incredibly shallow and have no true deep feelings of my own. quite possibly both.

i would like to create a program that left random posts across the internet based on biofeedback dervived from crunching user profiles. it would be sharp and witty and totally urbane and totally PRESENT yet there would be no actual person attached to the screen name at all. i am constantly having ideas about and am consistently fascinated by things like this. identity. persona. illusion. replication. the myth of authorship. who is harvey pekar? who is mob roulette?

my new hero. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ern_Malley) here's wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend. androids dream of SLEEP.

tango
02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
the other nite i dreamt my best friend told me he loved me. then he kissed me and we had wild and passionate sex.
how do we make dreams become reality?...

Hannahrain
02-23-2007, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=mob roulette;71553 i've never even SEEN this show they call american idol [/QUOTE]

just like i've never even listened to the cold war kids. conspiracy?

mob roulette
02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
just like i've never even listened to the cold war kids. conspiracy?

yet you own the tshirt. exactly my point. who are these "cold war" kids? do they even exist?

i feel the same way about birdmonster as well. who? great observation miss h.

vicorintian
02-23-2007, 01:40 PM
i had a nightmare on the weekend. Everything was dark, like during and eclipse and somebody rang the bell, when i went to the door i could only make out the silohuete of a friend of mine, but his face was total darkness. Suddenly a really strong gust of wind slams the door against me and i am clinging by my fingernails not to be sucked into the night cause i know (in the certainty of dreams) i am dead isf i let go.

Then i woke up!
scary!!!
no more tacos before nap time:rolleyes

mob roulette
02-23-2007, 01:41 PM
i had a nightmare on the weekend. Everything was dark, like during and eclipse and somebody rang the bell, when i went to the door i could only make out the silohuete of a friend of mine, but his face was total darkness. Suddenly a really strong gust of wind slams the door against me and i am clinging by my fingernails not to be sucked into the night cause i know (in the certainty of dreams) i am dead isf i let go.

Then i woke up!
scary!!!
no more tacos before nap time:rolleyes

this has nothing to do with tacos and everything to do with your fear of being found out.

baddream
02-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Last night I dreamt someone came to my house to give me vaccine shot

R3d Snapper
02-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I dreamt tom morello let me on stage during ratms set. They had me play bass but I didn't know any of the songs and was fucking up pretty bad. I saw my friend at the barrier and pointed him out to tom and he let him come up on stage as well. A bit later I see Maynard James Keenan on stage waiting for his turn to sing. I ask him if I'm in his way and he says I'm fine where I am, I move anyway and end up standing next to a statue of a knight in armor....and thats when I knew coachella had taken over my life....

Hannahrain
02-23-2007, 02:26 PM
this has nothing to do with tacos and everything to do with your fear of being found out.

analysis? if you're going to play this game you have to analyze every dream in the thread.

mob roulette
02-23-2007, 02:43 PM
analysis? if you're going to play this game you have to analyze every dream in the thread.

i have to go home now. and drink. and wonder. and drink. i don't know enough about vic to accurately analyze him or her as a person, but they are obviously either in great fear of some facet of their personality being found out (which they shouldn't be) or else they are currently in possession of a great and terrible secret. i have no documentation to back up this assessment, of course, only my years of dealing with people and what makes them tick.

10 to 1 says i'm right though. sorry vic. you don't have to reveal if you don't want to. this IS only a messageboard. if you choose to, hey, we're all friends here. or at least anonymous strangers, which is sometimes even better. if not, we'll just let it be our little secret. ta. mob.

PotVsKtl
02-23-2007, 02:46 PM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2061/wtfkk8.gif

atom heart
03-25-2007, 09:02 AM
I just had to record this one.

I dreamt that the new Radiohead album came out. My sister was about to put it into the stereo but i ran out of the room, not wanting to hear it. All I heard was a long drawn out tone with a few clicks on a drum.

Then it shifted into a Coachella dream. The field was really crowded and rolling, there were stages everywhere. I was really pissed off because some random emo band had replaced Crowded House.

I didn't sleep well.

Mr.Nipples
03-25-2007, 10:21 AM
you ever dream of going to take a piss and then you wake up the next morning with wet sheets...

Tobisking
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I had this weird dream yesterday, it was set in a big house in the jungle (I was watching lost the previous evening) A big black dog was after me and some a couple of other people, it caught me is bit and severed the tendons of my ankles and wrists so that I could not move my limbs, then later in the dream, it bit my nuts off (not that I remeber experiencing it in the dream, I just kind of knew that it had) then when I woke up (in real life) my ass was sweating.

So tonight before I go to sleep I'm going to search for shotguns on the internet, here doggy!!

bballarl
07-29-2007, 08:58 AM
I had a dream that one day my children would live in a nation where they wouldn't be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

clarky123
07-29-2007, 09:34 AM
^M L King^ - Good effort all is not lost on this site.

bmack86
07-29-2007, 11:41 AM
hahah, well played Andrew.

I had a dream last night that I was in a post-apocalyptic theme park (that wasn't the theme of the park, the apocalypse had occurred) and the only way for me to escape the mutants who chased me was to ride increasingly dangerous roller coasters. The final one shot off the tracks and took me to the last camp of human civilization. I had passed their test. Roller Coasters.

whynotsmile99
07-29-2007, 12:21 PM
when I dream, I dream of the stupidest shit. I seriously wake up pissed at myself for spending all my sleep energy to go on some lame melodrama adventure.

the last dream I had: David Beckham kills my neighbor by throwing him on a rose bush. He's not dead at first, but no one saves him so he dies. Then we come back to the house (me, backham and like 6 other people were in this huge house on a lake). I started to gave beckham shit for killing my neighbor.

Next thing I remember, I'm in 1940s Gangster Chicago. My friend from real life is there, dressed like a true gangster. he starts drooling on my bed and then I wake up.

What the hell would Freud have to say about that? I miss my reoccuring dream. When I was young, once a year, all the muppets from fraggle rock would come up from the ground, grab me out of bed and pull to me to Fraggle Rock where I would play for what felt like ages. I would do anything that get that dream back

miscorrections
07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
300 commercials have been on recently to persuade people to buy the dvd. so of course i dreamt that there was this completely epic battle at my house where it was basically my family vs. the world, and all the weapons were old tyme like spears and shit.

of course from there my dream spiraled off into something completely unrelated and very, very unhappy and uncomfortable.

bballarl
07-29-2007, 07:21 PM
300 commercials have been on recently to persuade people to buy the dvd. so of course i dreamt that there was this completely epic battle at my house where it was basically my family vs. the world, and all the weapons were old tyme like spears and shit.

of course from there my dream spiraled off into something completely unrelated and very, very unhappy and uncomfortable.

Voldemort?

leo01g
07-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I always dream that my teeth keep falling off. Does anyone know what that might mean?

miscorrections
07-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Voldemort?

what?

I always dream that my teeth keep falling off. Does anyone know what that might mean?

stop drinking soda and go to the dentist.

bballarl
07-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Nothing.

miscorrections
07-29-2007, 07:29 PM
such early resignation.

bballarl
07-29-2007, 07:30 PM
I pick my battles. Even though this isn't a battle.

SojuGorae
07-29-2007, 07:32 PM

I think even Freud might say, "shit, I don't know" on that one.

bballarl
07-29-2007, 07:36 PM
It sounds like something that would be in a Dali painting.

leo01g
07-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I think even Freud might say, "shit, I don't know" on that one.

haha, Freud, wasnt he the one that messed around with the dogs?

miscorrections
07-29-2007, 07:38 PM
haha, Freud, wasnt he the one that messed around with the dogs?

that was pavlov.

freud was all about sexual subcontexts and dreams.

bballarl
07-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Pwnd.

menikmati
07-29-2007, 07:50 PM
all my dreams are sad

bballarl
07-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Kurt Cobain?

menikmati
07-29-2007, 08:04 PM
No, I've never had dreams about Nirvana (none that I remember at least)...but all my dreams I can remember seem to be really personal and realistic and end heartbreaking...its weird.

miscorrections
07-29-2007, 08:06 PM
when i was little i had this recurring dream that i was running around this great white expanse of nothingness being chased by a t-rex. invariably i would wish for somewhere to hide and then one of those hot dog street carts would appear so i'd crawl underneath. and then i'd laugh because the t-rex couldn't tip it over.

Wheres the beef?
07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
The eve of seeing Daft Punk in Berkeley I had two dreams. One was a dream where people were asking me how the show was and I couldn't tell them because I couldn't remember. The other was a dream where I recorded the whole show but then realized I forgot the batteries. Maybe I can predict the future because one of the dreams was kinda right.

bballarl
07-30-2007, 12:48 AM
I had this dream once that Daft Punk was playing at my house.

J~$$$
07-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Grizzlys are deadbeats.

bug on your lip
07-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Gorillas love their kittens

J~$$$
07-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Gorillas love kittens and destroy Grizzly bears. Lovers and fighters.

Hannahrain
07-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Boys, boys, BOYS.

Calm youselves. I have photographic evidence that will settle this once and for all.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1396/953034219_368c8068f1.jpg

J~$$$
07-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Um yeah only in rock em cock em dream world would the care bear win.

Hannahrain
07-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Care bears? CARE BEARS? Grizzlies eat care bears for breakfast.

Why else would they bear such a close resemblance to lucky charms?

bballarl
07-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Has anyone seen the movie Congo? I've read the book, and I remember the toys that came out for the movie. But I've never seen it.

Hannahrain
08-03-2007, 07:51 AM
I just woke up from this one.

I was hanging out with one of my good friends, and I was still in school. I was trying to catch up on some schoolwork, because I had skipped every class. So all of a sudden, someone tells me "we are going camping, and you have to come. we leave in an hour." This person was a king or something, so I didn't have a choice. So we went camping (I was nowhere near ready) and somehow, in the middle of the night, I found myself in an elementary school similar to the one that I went to as a kid, but it was combined with a very large city. There were levels that you could climb to, and you'd all of a sudden be on top of another building. There were also helicopters that would tie a rope to you and dangle you over the city so that you could take pictures. I was too aftraid, and I sort of clung to the middle of the top of the building/level that I was already on. It was wobbly, and so I slowly moved to the next one. When I looked down, instead of seeing the levels below me, it was like looking from an airplane onto a city.

Someone (I don't know who. He was kind of like a game show host) kept trying to goad me to go higher and jump from level to level, and he pointed to the ground and said "Look, Hannah. The Sphinx. Haven't you always wanted to see the Sphinx from directly above?" and I HAD always wanted to, but I was too afraid to just hold on to the bottom of something that was flying so that I could. So I sort of inched my way to the edge, thinking that if I got a good picture I could fool the guy. But all I could get was a pic from an angle. Something I don't remember happened at one point, and I found myself climbing happily up to the highest levels and the highest buildings.

I fell a few levels/buildings, and ended up in a fifth grade classroom. The kids (unnaturally smart for fifth graders) were talking about all the sinister things that were going on behind the scenes of this school. I was sitting by the window, when a two year old toddled over and started to look out. I got a little nervous, so I braced my hands around her in case she started to fall. But instead she jumped right out the window on purpose. I grabbed at the space below the window, and felt my hand clamp around a little arm, breathing a huge sigh of relief. I pulled her back into the room, and started screaming at her. At one point, it became obvious to me that I was screaming at a glue bottle. You know. The clear blue kind with the wiggly edges and glitter in the glue. So I calmed down. And I noticed that the little girl was back by the window. I started to run over, but it was too late. I looked down on the ground ten stories below me, and I could see where she had landed. So I jumped out the window.

For some reason, because I jumped on purpose, I went at a nice speed and landed very softly on the ground. I walked over to where she had landed, and I picked up a limp clear plastic noodly-thing. In the dream, it made perfect sense to me that this was what the girl had turned into when she hit the ground. So I held the noodle in my hands, crying and saying "Please. Oh please be alive". I felt the noodle tense up, and the ends twitched a little bit. I was relieved, and I put the noodle/little girl in my pocket so that she would make it back safely.

I had to get back into the building, but the only entrance I could find let me into the basement, where a series of vents and tubes connected to various other rooms and hallways. I couldn't just take the main staircases, naturally, because aforementioned sinister business was going on in them. There was one man that saw me, and he was moving a bunch of stuff, but I knew that when he was done, he was going to come after me. So I found myself being chased through the catacombs of an elementary school. Every once in a while, I'd see a manhole cover on the ceiling or something and I'd lift it to see where I was. Because of course, there'd be dozens of manhole covers in an elementary school.

So eventually, I found a wall vent that led to a gym. I was the only person in the entire lower levels of the school, other than the guy in the jumpsuit who was chasing me. So I ran from the gym into another hallway, then into another vent, and another staircase, and eventually, I found myself at a set of glass doors on one side of the school office. I started banging on the doors so that they would unlock them, but I couldn't say anything because I knew that he would hear me. So I kept banging on the door and making "help me, help me" faces at the receptionists, who kept looking at each other and back at me, puzzled. Then, I pushed on the door and realized it had already been unlocked. So I went through those doors and back through another set.

I found myself in a first grade hallway, so I had to keep running. Then a second, then a third, then a fourth. At one point or another, I stopped to exchange pleasantries with a teacher of mine from high school. But I finally found the fifth grade classroom. What used to be the level at the very top of the school was now just right across the blacktop. So I ran there, but when I got there I realized that all the kids had been locked outside. A little girl told me that someone she knew was being arrested inside the classroom.

Then I woke up.

clarky123
08-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Great dream. I've gotta get some drugs from you guys, or is all this due to too much TV exposure.

Hannahrain
08-03-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't watch much TV, and I don't do drugs. Often.

I'd think that too much TV would dull your dreams, not boost them.

clarky123
08-03-2007, 08:27 AM
I sense a lot of negativity from that post. Its a dream primarily about falling and heights which is common. This could mean fear of failure, loss power and possibly feeling out of control. Are you very anxious about something.

Hannahrain
08-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm not. Nice try, though.

clarky123
08-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Got me stumped then.....now are you sure its not eating cheese before bed or too much TV?

Hannahrain
08-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Not everything has to mean something.

clarky123
08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Perhaps not at the moment no. Bye.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Clarky123 just wants to flex his e-muscle.

Hannahrain
08-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Perhaps not at the moment no. Bye.

Oh good. Be condescending more. Hot.

Every time someone "analyzes" a dream, they spew out all sorts of general things that could apply to anyone. People tend to only notice what is true, and think that the analyzer is a genius of some kind.

This is how pet psychics happen, people.

clarky123
08-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Clarky123 just wants to flex his e-muscle.

Thats later actually. Currently just sticking my oar in.....like you $$$!

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 08:41 AM
You will know when I stick it in limey. Why do you have to be a dick to hannah for sharing something positive.

clarky123
08-03-2007, 12:44 PM
read the thread son - I was making a non-swearing non-aggressive contribution. Unlike some on these pages. Think on...

clarky123
08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
You will know when I stick it in limey. Why do you have to be a dick to hannah for sharing something positive.

You have annoyed me now. Stop trying to turn something into an argument when it is merely a discussion.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
ignored.

Wheres the beef?
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I dream about zombies alot. Like I am in the middle of 28 days later. One morning I woke up and seriously believed that if I turned the tv on I would see all kinds of carnage and I didnt want to go to work because the zombies would get me. And this was after I woke up thats how fucked up my dream was.

I have noticed that since I stopped smoking (about 2 years now) I have really had intense dreams. I read that pot keeps you from hitting that REM sleep where you have real crazy dreams and so you dont get them or dont remember them. But now I do.

clarky123
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
ignored.

Internet Bully also ignored.

theburiedlife
08-11-2007, 09:45 AM
In my dream last night I was jumping from mountaintop to mountaintop amidst the cloud and all the sudden I'm transported to the middle of a dense forest, with a small clearing. When i look at the clearing i see my dad, and I'm saying something to him but it fails to make him move from what hes sitting on. I remember seeing his face, it's half robotic and hes completely stoic. I woke up shortly after i was screaming at him.

Ill_Eagle
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
I just woke up from my dream and decided to post it here, lol. Anyway, I was on this crowded train with one of my coworkers, and all of a sudden I see Hannahrain. We were talking for a while then she just got up and jumped out of the train. So I got off the train and got into this drag-race car and it wouldnt start.

I did NOT make this up hahahah. It's pretty weird actually, I stopped having Hannahrain dreams months ago. :)

Beef Jerky
08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I had a dream about him last night

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/photos/chocolcate-rain-you-tube-video.jpg

mob roulette
08-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, thunder only happens when it's raining.

caco0283
08-17-2007, 07:23 PM

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/photos/chocolcate-rain-you-tube-video.jpg

Holy shit that looks like me in a ugly kind of way.....but to be on topic with this thread how awesome would it be if i had a dream abot gabe having a black kid from jennie.....but it was really gabes...that would mean gabe is part black and he is closer to perfect than i thought MWHAHAHAHAH

gaypalmsprings
10-13-2007, 07:42 AM

over 10 million views on you-tube

EwTZ2xpQwpA

RotationSlimWang
10-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Last week I had this recurring phenomenon in my dreams for three nights straight that I like to call "a bookbag full of acid." I almost never remember my dreams, but somewhere in the course of the normal boring dreams on Monday somebody walked up, handed me a bookbag full of sheets of acid and stuffed half a sheet in my mouth. At first I was a little bit worried that 50 hits might be too much and took it out of my mouth, then decided that I might as well go for it and put it back in.

The next couple nights my boring dreams kept getting interrupted and therefore remembered when in my dream I recalled this bookbag I was supposed to have. Like a miracle, someone would show up with it out of nowhere and I'd start going to town.

I also had a dream that there were people in Southern California who didn't suck, but even in my dream I knew it couldn't make sense.

shakermaker113
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
yesterday am I was sleeping in and had a dream that one of the IT guys at my company showed me a log of all the web pages I visit while at work. the coachella.com/forum/* came up over a thousand times. god I was embarassed.

I've been told that they don't track web usage at my company. but I clearly still worry about it.

same dream I hooked up with an old friend I recently met again. she's a lot more attractive than I remember her being, which is probably why I dreamt about her. that was a much more pleasnt part of the dream. :-)

shakermaker113
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
The next couple nights my boring dreams kept getting interrupted and therefore remembered when in my dream I recalled this bookbag I was supposed to have. Like a miracle, someone would show up with it out of nowhere and I'd start going to town.

I love it when there is continuity between dreams. that doesn't happen often enough.

TomAz
10-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I had this dream the other morning where in the middle of the dream I thought to myself (in the dream) that maybe I should stop dreaming, wake up, and look at the clock. So I did -- not in the dream but in reality, I woke up and looked at the clock, and saw it was time to get up.

Hannah, file this one in the 'getting old sucks' category.

denies the day
10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
over 10 million views on you-tube

EwTZ2xpQwpA

File under: YOUTUBE OF THE WEEK

I'm very tempted to download this and play it on peoples' voicemail.

RotationSlimWang
10-19-2007, 03:57 AM
File under: YOUTUBE OF THE WEEK

I'm very tempted to download this and play it on peoples' voicemail.

Actually, file it under YOUTUBE OF THE WEEK SEVERAL MONTHS AGO.

denies the day
10-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Iz innanetz amachurr.

Courtney
11-06-2007, 06:33 AM
I was leaving my friend Joanie's house and walking through the parking lot back to my car and all of a sudden there is this deep rumbling noise and intense heat and sort of vibrations or maybe they were sound waves. I looked over to the elevated freeway nearby and there were all these massive multi-story aircraft driving along it, mostly US military spec with gray paint, with open bays revealing some sort of missiles in them. All of a sudden I could only move very slowly but I knew that I needed to get back to my car because otherwise my eardrums were going to start bleeding and who knows what kind of weird radiation I was being exposed to.

It was very vivid. I actually woke up and may have gone to the computer and checked the AP news wire just in case, which I realize is absolutely insane.

captncrzy
11-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I've been having a recurring dream-maybe once or twice a month.

The dream is that I'm not at home. I'm living with my parents because my house is 'unavailable' for various reasons (termites, a fire, I just don't want to be there, whatever). I'm always trying to figure out a way to move back into my house.

When I finally get back there, it's not my house..it's a completely extra-large mansion type house that I could never afford with a shitload of theme rooms and stuff. Then I wake up.

The hell?

J~$$$
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I can dream about you.

menikmati
04-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Ok so I had this weird last night (this morning, whatever), where like the bootleg recording police came and raided my house/room. It was like they knocked on my door late at night, and came rushing in and didnt really give a reason, but next thing I know, they were taking all these shoe boxes (which I keep all my live recordings/bootlegs in) out of my room and taking them outside, and I started freaking out. I remember yelling something about not taking a couple rare Nirvana ones, and the officers just gave me some hard looks and kept on doing their business. So I went and sat down on the couch completely devistated and freaking out, and all the lights and sirens of the cars were flashing on the walls of my house.

Then one of the officers came back in and said they didn't find what they were looking for, and I could have all my recordings back, and I felt relieved for a minute. So I went to the garage where they put all my shoe boxes, and I looked in them, and they had dumped all the CDs out of their paper sleeves (that's how I store the CDs, I mark the envelopes and not the CDs themselves), and I started freaking out again, because I had like hundreds of unmarked CDs now laying everywhere and I didn't know which were which, and then I just kept thinking how much I wanted to just go hurt these cops. Then I woke up kinda panicked and look by my bed and still saw the shoe boxes laying there, and felt a little relieved. It was weird.

theburiedlife
04-14-2008, 11:46 AM
It's weird to think that just before you wake up the worst segments of your dreams come out, which is probably what you were recollecting. Have you ever written down immediately what you dreamt before you forgot it?

mob roulette
04-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Biting the heads off of sparrows and stacking them neatly. Black metal that turns to liquid and surrounds my hands. Crumbling teeth. Bodies down wells. Fields of rye. Anabella Sciorra. George C. Scott. Death. Victory.

But then again, I have real problems.

BROKENDOLL
04-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I've been having nightly dreams of different individuals I work with, good and bad. Is it because the season is coming to an end, or because I'm overworked and sick of the damn place? Either way, it's wrong...I should be having wonderful dreams of Coachella coming, dammit!

Melanie.Dawn
04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I had such a weird and disturbing dream the other day. I was in a house witha friend, and the living room was really modern and basically the whole front wall was just a window. And some guy was working on the roof or something? I only know that because all of a sudden some guy was swinging in front of the window by a cord and he was being eletricuted. So he was just swinging there but we could help or we would get fried. Finally, the firetrucks came. Now the guy was back on top of the roof? I guess? anyway... two teams of about 6 firemen had these huge shaggy dogs on big leashes and the dogs ran ahead of them and climbed straight up the glass windows and then pulled the firemen up... like the sweetest ladder ever or something. Then I knew the guy was getting help. Then I woke up.

Seriously, SO creepy, even now remembering it, thinking of that guy swinging in front of the windows... eek. Don't know where that dream came from.

EDIT: No word of a lie. A couple years ago I watched some detective true life show and there was a girl who disappeared for days. No one knew where she was. Then some random lady had a dream about a girl stuck in her car at the bottom of a cliff. The random women drove there and the missing girl was really there! Stuck in her smashed up car she drove off the cliff into the woods about a week before. Ever since then, I have actually been keeping my own dream 'journal'. I write down what I can. It's harder than I expected to wake up and write down your dream. Usually if you don't do it RIGHT away you forget. I don't have anything as good as that lady. I have things like cats running for president and chickens turning into catapillars. But I like to go back and read it. Sometimes I think about making a show of all 30 second clips of my dreams. It would be the most fucked up half hour ever. Like robot chicken probably, but better.

samiksha
04-14-2008, 12:59 PM
i hate listening to other people's dreams. it's like flipping through a stack of photographs - if i'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, i just don't care.

jigsaw
04-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I was buttering up a loaf of tasty banana bread this morning...and then i awoke.

Hannahrain
04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I like reading other people's dreams, and I also like re-reading my own. Hidden meaning in dreams is bull, but I feel that way about most things that people think mean other things.

shakermaker113
04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I like reading other people's dreams, and I also like re-reading my own. Hidden meaning in dreams is bull, but I feel that way about most things that people think mean other things.

I just re-read the dream I posted earlier in this thread, and don't recall who I was referring to. by a process of elimination... it's actually kinda strange and creepy.

Hannahrain
04-14-2008, 11:22 PM
I was at a festival of some kind under some huge clear tents, just sitting, when I decided to stroll around and look at some vendor booths with a friend. My friend was a skinny, short guy with goofy hair and a pink shirt. We walked through a little separation and started looking at booths, and by the time we were done, he had turned into a small cross between a lap dog and a weasel. We were leaving the booth area and he ran away, so I chased him outside the festival grounds.

He disappeared into this hellish looking house-church-thing that you had to go down some stairs to enter and had a red-orange glow from the inside. I knew that once I went in, I was trapped until I earned my way back out. I had to get him back, so I went in and wound up in a hallway. I went door to door down the hallway through various rooms. I was stuck in each room while something commandment-breaking happened, and I had to react accordingly and pass a test to get through to the next room.

I maintained a strict policy of "this is none of my damn business", and somehow made it through to the last test, which was a series of three doors. I touched one of the doorknobs, and "test #1" lit up on the door and it opened and let me in.

When I went inside, it was a gymnasium with blue floor mats laid out and giant puzzles (one red, one green) waiting to be put together. I was told that I had to put one together within a certain amount of time, or one of the dangerous things hanging from the ceiling would fall on me. I started to do the green puzzle, but I didn't finish it and a big thing with blades started to fall from the ceiling. It didn't come all the way down, because I had some tools in my pocket and macgyvered something to stay the rope, but I cut my left hand in the process. They considered that passing the test, and let me leave the house with my weird dog-weasel-friend.

Hannahrain
04-14-2008, 11:37 PM
(Look how interesting I am).

gmoneyak
04-14-2008, 11:48 PM
All my dreams end up morphing into perverted sex ones in the end, so there's not much use retelling them.

Hannahrain
04-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I'd say that depends entirely on who's featuring. If you have a sex dream about Richard Simmons, for example, we need to know about it.

gmoneyak
04-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Dammit, you had to put his name in my head..

If it comes to that point, I'll gladly be spilling my tales on here for some much needed psycho analysis.

humanoid
04-15-2008, 03:03 AM
just yesterday I had a dream that someone very close to me in my family died (I don't want to say who, because I don't want to make it anymore real than it already felt) the dream had so many intricate details of actual events occurring in my life at the moment that I was extremely confused upon waking.....I woke up with such horrible dread that I literally had to ask my brother to make sure it didn't really happen

Melanie.Dawn
04-15-2008, 09:18 AM
It's funny because it's true. It is interesting to the self to tell other people about what one dreams because it scratches a narcissitic itch (look how interesting I am, my subconcious is filled with impressive hidden meaning), but you can't really make anybody care.

I actually disagree with this! I don't share because of the 'narcissitic itch'... I share because I am actually blown away by myself. I mean sometimes they are so weird you HAVE to share. If something crazy happened to you at the bus stop... you would probably tell people. Is that also scratching the narcissitic itch?'

mob roulette
04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Broke trust in two. Now no one's looking out for you. Why keep it cruel? Why waste so much to play the fool?

full on idle
04-15-2008, 09:43 AM
I share because I am actually blown away by myself.

Hannahrain
04-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Look how interesting she is.

luveebunni08
04-15-2008, 09:49 AM
i think i'm just REALLY stressed from school. i had this dream about a test i took about a week ago. i was in class, but it wasn't my class, and we were getting our tests back. it was kinda like an american idol thing where the lowest score, or in this case 3 lowest scores, has to leave the class. i'm thinking i did brilliant and i got one of three lowest scores by a point and i have to drop the class. i freak out and start crying because i can't take it over and i need the class to graduate and i don't know what all. in real life i do have the time to take it over and am not freaked out about it but i'm going crazy in my dream.

i woke up frantic and realized how stupid that scenario was. i ended up doing pretty well on my test but that was horrible.

marooko
05-20-2008, 09:28 AM
I had a dream last night and it had a few of you in it. I can't remember all of you , but blah blah blah, blah blah blah were there. I remember them because they were the ones I interacted with most. There were three other people there, two of which were males. I just can't see their faces right now. I wanna say the stache was there though. We were hanging out at my girlfriends old place, watching movies. I think maybe we watched the Goonies or something.

At one point I think I was falling asleep and may have been sick. Couldn't breath through my nose properly. blah blah blah was putting some kind of Vic's Vap-o-rub on me as a mustache and I woke up. It helped, but it was still funny cause it was a stache. I left it on. We were talking about it for a bit and then I went and sat next to blah blah blah. Something came up about her toes which I thought were long. I pm'ed her earlier (in real life) and inquired about this. Turns out it's not her toes, but she said something like that about someone else. So I'm sitting next to blah blah blah and we were holding hands. Absolutely in the most innocent way possible, it seemed we were all good friends. So, again, it came up in convo about her toes, she pulled back the blanket(we were on the floor, not sharing the blanket. see, it's innocent) and busts out her toes and they were fucking long as hell. Then we were holding hands and feet. Her foot, my hand, fingers and toes interlocked. I didn't really like it, but it was funny as hell. Then shortly after I woke up.

I would have never said anything, but this is the second dream I've had about hanging out with board members. And it was funny. In my dream anyway.

So blah blah blah, thank you for the Vic's stache. And blah blah blah, glad your toes aren't that long. For those who were there that I forgot, sorry. And to all of you, stay the fuck out of my head. Thank you. Oh and blah blah blah, you weren't drunk.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the last time I had a dream about you guys I was in chat right before I went to bed. The people in my dream were in chat last night. Must be why.

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Hannah's toes are fairly long. Also hairy.

Young blood
05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
creeeeeeppppyyyyy alert.

whynotsmile99
05-20-2008, 09:40 AM
i had a dream a few nights ago Prince drew a picture of on my xbox 360

marooko
05-20-2008, 09:46 AM
i had a dream a few nights ago Prince drew a picture of on my xbox 360

i think you may have been in it too. we weren't holding hands though. hahaha.

bug on your lip
05-20-2008, 09:58 AM
the creepy Mexican boys always have a thing for Hannah

marooko
05-20-2008, 10:01 AM
you were sucking me off bug. we all laughed when i busted in your face.

thestripe
05-20-2008, 10:04 AM
ew.

bug on your lip
05-20-2008, 10:04 AM
now i can't eat yer burritoes

marooko
05-20-2008, 10:10 AM
now i can't eat yer burritoes

HAHAHAH TOES.

Hannahrain
05-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaat.

TomAz
05-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I think it's sweet.

marooko
05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
if your talking about my dream, its neither. the things that happend are weird. not because of what they were, but because of the combinations. a vics mustache. holding hands and feet. watching the goonies with you guys. WTF?! i should not have mentioned names.

marooko
07-10-2008, 08:45 AM
your turn YB.

Why the hell did you burn my couch? Do you even smoke (cigarettes)? it was a full size couch, but it looked like a chair i had in my first apartment. then for some reason i bought a bike from a mobster my brother met. just fucking weird shit. YB, you were also fucking stuff up in my yard. you're pretty destructive dude. i dont think im gonna invite you to my place.

Young blood
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Fuck yo couch *****.

Young blood
07-10-2008, 08:48 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj214/a1_ange/fuckyocouchnigga.gif

marooko
07-10-2008, 08:52 AM
YES!!! I was hoping i would see that.

good thing about my recent dreams is that i havent been stabbing anyone.

bug on your lip
07-11-2008, 09:10 AM
the machete is meant for u to use only in the field marooko

i'm proud of u

marooko
07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
im gonna knife you in my dreams, bug.

RotationSlimWang
07-11-2008, 09:49 AM
How in the fuck can you possibly have dreams about J? i don't even know what the ugly motherfucker looks like.

marooko
07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
uh, the post your picture thread. and random pics.

either way, dont invite him to your house. he'll fuck your couch up.

Young blood
07-11-2008, 10:58 AM
First I invade your dreams, then I desytroy your hopes.

amyzzz
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
First I invade your dreams, then I desytroy your hopes.
Then marooko buys you a dictionary. :>

marooko
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
vishous.

superfiction
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
i have dreams all the time. and i dont really remember them mostly. but then there will be little dreams about the simplest things that i remember and think. wow thats a weird thing to have a dream about. for example. watchign tv. or waiting in the to pay for my gyro at the mall. and often times i cant place where these dreams take place (i.e. i had no idea that in my dream i was waiting to buy a gyro at the mall) UNTIL they come true. and in the moment while waiting in line for my gyro i realized i had dreamed about that exact moment weeks ago but had no idea what it was. and this shit happens pretty often. and its not deja vu. i mean i looked it up and i guess technically its a type of deja vu. but yeah. its fucking weird. anyways. i just thought id chime in because i had an experience today while waiting in line to buy my gyro at the mall....as ive said three times now. ok thanks.

marooko
07-12-2008, 06:48 AM
what were you doing?

maybe tomorrow, bug. maybe the next day. but soon. soon. you'll get the knife.

bug on your lip
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
maybe tomorrow, bug. maybe the next day. but soon. soon. you'll get the knife.

dok5WEV-AG8

shakermaker113
09-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I had a dream last night that I was standing in for Metallica's bass player at a concert. I have no idea how I ended up doing that. I don't play bass. somehow I did ok. there were mistakes but for some reason both the band and the crowd were very encouraging and didn't seem to care.

fucking weird. I don't even listen to Metallica.

Pixiessp
09-22-2008, 10:36 PM
I have dreams where i can shred (on guitar) and come up with these incredible riffs and others where I am playing very ethereal passages.

I then wake up and realize that I haven't taken my guitar or bass out of my closet in months. It's so sad to wake up at these times.

rage patton
09-22-2008, 10:43 PM
I had a dream last night that I was standing in for Metallica's bass player at a concert. I have no idea how I ended up doing that. I don't play bass. somehow I did ok. there were mistakes but for some reason both the band and the crowd were very encouraging and didn't seem to care.

fucking weird. I don't even listen to Metallica.

That is awesome. What happened to Robert Trujillo? Or was this like... after Cliff Burton died era Metallica?

marooko
09-23-2008, 07:15 AM
I had a dream with some of you in it again. No toe holding this time though, just murder. I didn't kill any of you, but some of you kinda caught me.

shakermaker113
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
That is awesome. What happened to Robert Trujillo? Or was this like... after Cliff Burton died era Metallica?

Trujillo era. I don't know what happened to him. dreams don't always fill in the back story.

Quadromarshia
09-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Every so often, I feel like I'm in this like half-way asleep state. Like, I dream that i'm sinking to the bottom of a pool, and I can't breathe or move my body. I'll try and wake up, like I know I'm dreaming but I still can't move or breath. Then I'll be completely awake and out of breath and everything.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Quadromarshia, i have those too. only i'm usually in the exact same position in my dream that i am in real life. it usually happens when a room is too hot, in my case.

and last night i had a horrible dream! randy and i lived together. i tend to have really absurd nightmares about people i trust where they do all sorts of horrible things to me and then when i confront them about it, they treat me as though i'm completely retarded for not being ok with the situation.

anyways, i somehow found out randy had been cheating on me with his ex-girlfriend. then she came over and they were trying to hang out and such right in front of me and he kept getting mad at me for getting upset and yelling and stuff.

i woke up all sweaty. i was glad to realize that was just a nightmare and wouldn't happen but FUCK! i HATE those dreams. mainly because i had one about a guy i was living with and his ex and a literally a week later she started calling again and they started hanging out (i even woke up to them on the couch in the exact same position as they were in my dream) and he eventually cheated on me.

i don't think that's going on AT ALL with randy, of course, but man, i really, really hate those dreams :( i think it might have something to do with me catching some douchebag stealing from my purse on saturday and then him bitching me out as though it were my fault for setting it down and watching it while i danced. cause the dream is a bit fuzzy, but the part i remember most is being yelled at as though it were my fault. totally lame way to start the day, that's for sure :(

fatbastard
10-15-2008, 09:45 AM
He's an ass on this board but he would never cheat on you. The yelling is another thing.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 09:47 AM
He's an ass on this board but he would never cheat on you. The yelling is another thing.

ha ha ha, he doesn't yell at me! i TOTALLY don't have ANY reason to think that he is, which is why i think the dream doesn't really have anything to do with "cheating".

we talk pretty much all day, so he'd have to never sleep or something to have another bitch around, lol.

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 09:49 AM
well he pretended to work all day but was dinking around here

locachica73
10-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I always have this weird dream that I bite into something and my teeth start breaking up in my mouth and then I start spitting out pieces of teeth till I have none left. It is a recurring nightmare but no clue what it means.

I also have dreams all the time that I am trying to argue with someone but can't make my voice work so I keep trying and trying and eventually I end up yelling out in my sleep. Scares the hell out of people if I am not alone.

fatbastard
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
ha ha ha, he doesn't yell at me! i TOTALLY don't have ANY reason to think that he is, which is why i think the dream doesn't really have anything to do with "cheating".

we talk pretty much all day, so he'd have to never sleep or something to have another bitch around, lol.

His opinion of him keeps changing. Damm it. I want to dislike him.

algunz
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Breaking teeth show a lack of control or at least a feeling of a lack of control.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
LOL wow, that makes total sense. I also use to have dreams of natural disasters and/or bombs all the time, someone told me it was a sign of feeling like my life was out of control. I see a theme here.

fatbastard
10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
http://www.dreams-dictionary.org/Teeth

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 09:57 AM
losing teeth in dreams is common. some people think it has to do with poor health, but in general it has to do with confidence/self-esteem issues and being embarassed.

bug on your lip
i had a dream algunz was licking strawberry-rhubarb jam off the tip of my thumb in slow motion...

i'm gonna need an interpretation for that one

fatbastard
http://www.dreams-dictionary.org/Explosion

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 09:58 AM
i had a dream algunz was licking strawberry-rhubarb jam off the tip of my thumb in slow motion...

i'm gonna need an interpretation for that one

and by thumb you mean...

fatbastard
10-15-2008, 09:58 AM
http://www.dreams-dictionary.org/Jelly

marooko
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.dreams-dictionary.org/Jelly

what was that?

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I have those paralyzed sleep occurrences as well. Can be terrifying. Recently I dreamt I was in bed asleep and a noise woke me up and a little bit later there was a menacing black man at the foot of my bed and I was paralyzed in bed with fear in my dream and in reality. I think I started yelping aloud in fear as well.

(Later I found out my husband had come home from his overnight shift during his lunch to drop something off and then he went back to work, so he may have made that noise in my dream)

fatbastard
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
what was that?

It's an online dictionary of dreams. Bug's reference.

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.dreams-dictionary.org/algunz.sucking/slowmotion

algunz
10-15-2008, 10:06 AM
She don't use butter, she don't use cheese
She don't use jelly or any of these

algunz
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Am I gonna need a restraining order before Coachella?

marooko
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
It's an online dictionary of dreams. Bug's reference.

i was hoping you would post the link again.

fatbastard
10-15-2008, 10:13 AM
i was hoping you would post the link again.

http://www.dreams-dictionary.org/Bugs

marooko
10-15-2008, 10:15 AM
thank you.

algunz
10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Doesn't look good for you loca . . .

"To dream of spitting out teeth, portends personal sickness, or sickness in your immediate family. Imperfect teeth is one of the worst dreams. It is full of mishaps for the dreamer. A loss of estates, failure of persons to carry out their plans and desires, bad health, depressed conditions of the nervous system for even healthy persons. For one tooth to fall out, foretells disagreeable news; if two, it denotes unhappy states that the dreamer will be plunged into from no carelessness on his part. If three fall out, sickness and accidents of a very serious nature will follow. Seeing all the teeth drop out, death and famine usually will prevail. If the teeth are decayed and you pull them out, the same, only yourself, is prominent in the case."

locachica73
10-15-2008, 10:27 AM
death and famine... yay.

shakermaker113
10-15-2008, 10:28 AM
I have had several dreams lately when I've been able to move around by hovering just above the ground and sliding... I can jump and land a few inches in the air, and I can stay there as long as I have some kind of momentum. so if I am going downhill I can jump and land hovering, then slide down the hill. since I'm not touching the ground there is little friction and I build up a lot of speed. I can then retain that speed and keep hovering for a while after I reach flat ground. it's an awesome, fast and fun way to move about.

then I wake up and I am disappointed when I realize I can't actually do that.

does it sound like I am describing skateboarding? or surfing or snowboarding? maybe I should pick one of those up.

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
maybe u r having an out of body experience

Pixiessp
10-15-2008, 10:55 AM
when i was a kid i had recurring dream that Frankenstein was looking for me.
As far as I know he doesn't run very fast but he keeps catching up to me.

In my adult life my most repetitive dream is the one where I am driving and when i go to back out or back up the car my brakes don't work properly and I keep rolling back. Also when driving forward the steering wheel is above my head.

algunz
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I have had several dreams lately when I've been able to move around by hovering just above the ground and sliding... I can jump and land a few inches in the air, and I can stay there as long as I have some kind of momentum. so if I am going downhill I can jump and land hovering, then slide down the hill. since I'm not touching the ground there is little friction and I build up a lot of speed. I can then retain that speed and keep hovering for a while after I reach flat ground. it's an awesome, fast and fun way to move about.

It sounds to me like someone is suffering froma bit of a superiority complex. :winkiss

algunz
10-15-2008, 10:58 AM
when i was a kid i had recurring dream that Frankenstein was looking for me.
As far as I know he doesn't run very fast but he keeps catching up to me.

In my adult life my most repetitive dream is the one where I am driving and when i go to back out or back up the car my brakes don't work properly and I keep rolling back. Also when driving forward the steering wheel is above my head.

I'd say you have lots of personal doubts and need to work on your self esteem.

Damn . . . I'm good.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
I have recurring dreams in which I am inside my house (or my old parents' house), and the light is very dim. I'm scared and I want to turn on the lights, but none of the lights will turn on brighter no matter which light switch I use.

I used to have recurring dreams in which there was a night club that only appeared in my dreams, or a shopping center which only appeared in my dreams.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 11:07 AM
i think it's weird that with dreams, you generally dream about certain places frequently. for example, in the dream with randy, we were arguing near the kitchen of the place i owned with my ex-boyfriend. i tend to dream about that apartment a lot, even when the dream has NOTHING to do with that time period or my ex-boyfriend.

i also have dreams about certain friend's houses a lot. there's one friend in particular who hasn't lived in that house in like 5 years, but i still dream about it, it's nuts.

Pixiessp
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I'd say you have lots of personal doubts and need to work on your self esteem.

Damn . . . I'm good.

no...my car really doesn't have brakes and i am very short.

algunz
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Either the location is comforting for you or discomforting for you depending on the content of the dream. In the case of the Randy dream, I'm guessing it is a comforting place because despite the negative energy the room provided a sense of calm for you.

Do you have fond memories of your old apartment?

algunz
10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
no....

Don't burst my bubble. I'm on a roll here.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Either the location is comforting for you or discomforting for you depending on the content of the dream. In the case of the Randy dream, I'm guessing it is a comforting place because despite the negative energy the room provided a sense of calm for you.

Do you have fond memories of your old apartment?

actually, i think it more has to do with issues i had with my ex than randy, as far as the location goes. my ex was the only person i officially lived with also, so it would make sense that when i picture the home of someone i'm living with, it would be that apartment. the only thing i can think of besides the stealing thing i mentioned before is that i have fear about being in a committed relationship again and possibly having to live with someone again someday. which is healthy. it just bothers me to have cheating dreams because i've always had frequent prophetic dreams.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I have anxiety dreams about college a lot -- taking a test I didn't study for, realizing that I'm failing a class, even taking college all over again even though I already have my degree. Clearly that's just anxiety about something going on in my life.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Every bad dream I have takes place in the town I grew up in. All of my bad memories are from there so it makes sense that all my bad dreams take place there.

I also always have the dream I am running late to work and can't find any clothes, I just chalk that up to needing to do laundry.

algunz
10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
All dreams are prophetic.

I see your point, but location in dreams rarely have anything to do with the content or the cast of characters. They are an emotional backdrop. You may not have fond memories of the relationship, but do you have good memories of the space?

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
algunz,
heres one for you...

1 night i had a wet dream involving Gwen Stefani...
not sure why, but i have an erotic fondness for her now...
before the dream i had no attraction whatsoever to her... barely ever thought of her (being only a marginal fan of her music)
This is the only "celebrity" wet dream i've ever had

hearts
......:::::bug

shakermaker113
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
It sounds to me like someone is suffering from a bit of a superiority complex. :winkiss

ouch! I enjoyed that dream until now.

Pixiessp
10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
are you consulting your dream book? my analysis would be a loss of control.
life out of control. I get these dreams when i feel I can't handle a situation.
my car represents my life. the steering wheel my attempt at trying to get it back on track.

algunz
10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Clearly that's just anxiety about something going on in my life.

Anxiety or regret

algunz
10-15-2008, 11:24 AM
are you consulting your dream book? my analysis would be a loss of control.
life out of control. I get these dreams when i feel I can't handle a situation.
my car represents my life. the steering wheel my attempt at trying to get it back on track.

I'm consulting my dream brain bank. :)

I agree with the control, but what's the source of the lack of control? My gut tells me it's self-doubt.

Pixiessp
10-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Props to you Algunz. props to you. :)

locachica73
10-15-2008, 11:29 AM
weird, i have also had a sex dream about gwen stefani.

i hate sex dreams though, I don't think they ever mean you really want to have sex with the person. I have had sex dreams about people I work with who I have absolutely no desire to see naked. So I think it must have something to do with the working relationship or something... at least that is my hope, if not it just means I am a big ole perv.

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
no...
mine tend to be about people i want to have sex with

suxx to be u

algunz
Bug, was Gwen pre or post babies?

Pixiessp
I've had good sex dreams and hideous sex dreams.

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Bug, was Gwen pre or post babies?

haahahaha
this sounds like a set-up

pre

locachica73
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I had a great dream once about this guy I work with, the guy was a total redneck though, totally not my type, tight ass wranglers, cowboy boots, skoal and a pornstache. The next day I get to work and he is sitting in my cubicle waiting to talk to me. I had forgotten the dream until I seen him and then it all flashed back. He couldn't figure out why I couldn't stop blushing. Thank god it was just a dream though... EW

algunz
10-15-2008, 11:36 AM
This one I got from the on-line dream dictionary:

"Having sex in a dream indicates one of two things. The first and most common is for the dreamer to get intimate with their male / female side. In cases where, due to upbringing, a person is too male (e.g. causing them to repress their feelings) or too female (e.g. causing them to lack confidence in themselves) the dream tries to heal this by representing their male or female side as desirable. The dream wants both male and female sides of the self to share a closeness in an uninhibited way. This sharing restores balance to the dreamer so they can draw on the strength inherent in the aspect of their nature they were repressing. Many people are shocked to find themselves having sex in a dream with a person of the same sex. This still has the same meaning. A woman having sex with another woman in a dream is still a healing device intended to put the dreamer in close contact with her heart / feelings."

allyjoy
10-15-2008, 11:38 AM
hello there, little darlin'
http://gallery.beardcommunity.com/albums/gallery43/cowboy.thumb.jpg

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 11:39 AM
uh

that made no sense...

your brain is running out

locachica73
I have no desire to get in touch with my heart or feelings. That never works out well for me. I think it is just that I think Gwen is hot.

algunz
haahahaha
this sounds like a set-up

pre

Then it's a desire to better understand your female side. If it was post, then you've got some serious mommy issues.

algunz
10-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I think it is just that I think Gwen is hot.

Dreams are never that simple.

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Then it's a desire to better understand your female side. If it was post, then you've got some serious mommy issues.

so i repress my feelings?

i don't think thats the case...

allyjoy
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I have no desire to get in touch with my heart or feelings. That never works out well for me. I think it is just that I think Gwen is hot.

Chances are that there are qualities in what you know of Gwen that you would like to find in yourself.

humanoid
10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm frightened by dream analysis, because I only have fucked up terrifying dreams...I'm not sure I want to know they're saying about my psyche

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:03 PM
All dreams are prophetic.

I see your point, but location in dreams rarely have anything to do with the content or the cast of characters. They are an emotional backdrop. You may not have fond memories of the relationship, but do you have good memories of the space?

well, not everyone was able to predict the date of their grandfather's death in their dreams or know when the nurse would be out of school. i'm talking that kind of prophetic. unfortunately after some high school trauma i started mainly having nightmares, but thankfully pot silences most of that. i didn't smoke yesterday too which probably explains the fact that i even remembered my dreams. and what you remember is key. for example, if the colour blue from your dream is one of the first things you recall, it probably has some significance.

and everything in a dream is tied to a person. for example, teeth have general meanings, but if someone has some particular association with teeth, teeth will mean something different to them in their dreams. i think it's hard to really analyze dreams without knowing the person, but i can tell you most of my friends come to me with their fucked up dreams for analysis. it's just something i've always been good at, so long as i know the person.

and i think the places are more places where i have unresolved issues or they have a particular association with something in my life. the friend's house from five years ago i still dream about was where my ex and i had this huge fight at a party one time, so i tend to have certain types of relationship dreams there. the apartment with my ex though, to me, represents more my "relationship home" if that makes sense, so i can see why most relationship dreams take place there. just like my parents house will always be "home" to me, so that tends to be my "home" in my dreams even though i no longer live there.

which again just tells me that it's all in the eye of the beholder...

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 12:05 PM
interpret my Gwen dream ivy

humanoid
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
/\ I've been taking a break from smoking pot for a while in an effort to find a new job, and every time I do, my dream world goes completely insane....it probably is like that most of the time, but when i smoke regularly I hardly remember any of them

leo01g
10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Does anyone else dream that their teeth are falling? iVe had several of those

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
algunz,
heres one for you...

1 night i had a wet dream involving Gwen Stefani...
not sure why, but i have an erotic fondness for her now...
before the dream i had no attraction whatsoever to her... barely ever thought of her (being only a marginal fan of her music)
This is the only "celebrity" wet dream i've ever had

hearts
......:::::bug

sometimes sex dreams are just sex, but most dreams about sex generally have to do with communication or unresolved issues with a particular person. for example, sometimes we have dreams that we are sleeping with a co-worker or something. it doesn't mean you want to bang your co-worker, it just means you might be having trouble communicating.

when you think of gwen, what are the first things that come to mind? was there anything in the day before your dream that involved gwen? sometimes the random stuff throughout our day also finds its way into our dreams. i'd need to know your thoughts on gwen before i could really analyze.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM

read the last couple pages.... lol

and yeah, quitting pot certainly brings out a LOT of dreams. especially since you might be repressing or forgetting about certain personal issues due to being high.

and it's funny, you read 5 different dream dictionaries, you're going to get 5 different answers.

Blinken
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
So I had dream the other day, where i was hanging out with Obama smoking Cigerettes on a balcony. Down below was Palin rally where she was calling him a terrorist, and we were both laughing at her, and pissed. Obama said, that he doesn't understand this bullshit, how is able to say this shit without getting called on it. then he got up on the railing and straddled it, one leg hanging over the side with balcony and the other hanging over 5 floors up, kinda like he was thinking about jumping. Next thing i know I was in Vegas watching a building implode, then hanging out with Britany Spears in a seedy motel, she was batshit crazy in my dream too.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
So I had dream the other day, where i was hanging out with Obama smoking Cigerettes on a balcony. Down below was Palin rally where she was calling him a terrorist, and we were both laughing at her, and pissed. Obama said, that he doesn't understand this bullshit, how is able to say this shit without getting called on it. then he got up on the railing and straddled it, one leg hanging over the side with balcony and the other hanging over 5 floors up, kinda like he was thinking about jumping. Next thing i know I was in Vegas watching a building implode, then hanging out with Britany Spears in a seedy motel, she was batshit crazy in my dream too.

this just means you watch WAY too much tv =P

now if it were michael jackson and not britney, that would have been interesting, with the whole balcony thing and all, lol.

locachica73
well, not everyone was able to predict the date of their grandfather's death in their dreams or know when the nurse would be out of school. i'm talking that kind of prophetic.

When I was young my parents went through a particularly nasty divorce. My father kidnapped us from her for a period and then played really dirty to get temp custody just to get child support from her. Then when he got a large settlement from breaking his back he dumped us back with our mom and disappeared. He would pop back in once a year for awhile after that. The night before he would call/show up out of the blue I always had a dream that he kidnapped us again and wake up screaming. The next day he would call or show up and it got to the point of freaking my mom out knowing I could tell he was in the area. Then the dreams went away for several years as did he. So then once in high school I had the same dream so I went to my mom and asked if she had heard from dad. She said no that he hadn't contacted her. I waited a week and no contact so I figured I grew out of it. Then a few months later my mom was drunk and admitted to me that he had called the next day to talk to me but she wouldnt let him because it always threw me into such a fucked up mood when he was around. I have since grown out of having those kind of dreams about shit that will happen thank goodness.

amyzzz
So what about sex with family members...? I really don't want that.

algunz
10-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Blinken, I'd say you've been watching too much TV, and you have a rather bleak sense of our world's future.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
When I was young my parents went through a particularly nasty divorce. My father kidnapped us from her for a period and then played really dirty to get temp custody just to get child support from her. Then when he got a large settlement from breaking his back he dumped us back with our mom and disappeared. He would pop back in once a year for awhile after that. The night before he would call/show up out of the blue I always had a dream that he kidnapped us again and wake up screaming. The next day he would call or show up and it got to the point of freaking my mom out knowing I could tell he was in the area. Then the dreams went away for several years as did he. So then once in high school I had the same dream so I went to my mom and asked if she had heard from dad. She said no that he hadn't contacted her. I waited a week and no contact so I figured I grew out of it. Then a few months later my mom was drunk and admitted to me that he had called the next day to talk to me but she wouldnt let him because it always threw me into such a fucked up mood when he was around. I have since grown out of having those kind of dreams about shit that will happen thank goodness.

i always hated the dreams because i never could do anything. like i didn't even know my grandpa had cancer when i had the dream about someone dying on a specific date, and then he got cancer and died on that specific date. i didn't even make the connection until afterwards and i only remembered the date because it was election day. the ones i had about the school nurse were the most obvious. i'd have dreams that i was walking through the halls of the school and would hear an announcement that only emergencies should be sent to the nurse's office since she was out. she was this jamaican lady who hated everyone but me too. i always felt like we had a connection.

but you can't really do anything with that info which sucks. like when i walked out of my bedroom and found my ex-boyfriend sitting right next to his ex on our giant ass couch with the bong in front of them, it suddenly hit me that my dream had come true :(

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
So what about sex with family members...? I really don't want that.

like i said above, communication or unresolved issues.

algunz
10-15-2008, 12:15 PM
lol, jinx buy me a coke Ivy.

It's funny, the more I know a person the harder it is to interpret their dreams. My own feelings and biases get in the way.

And you all do realize . . . I am full of shit. :)

Blinken
10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
I did fall asleep to CNN that night, and I watch too much TV, good call guys.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
It's funny, the more I know a person the harder it is to interpret their dreams. My own feelings and biases get in the way.

but those biases and feelings can be helpful. for example, my former best friend and i used to call each other "monkey". so if i had a dream involving monkeys, to me personally, it would probably have an association to my former best friend. whereas anyone else would have a different meaning and only people who know me would understand the association. i think you just have to find a way to make them work for you. i try to be general with friends and say things like, "well, you and such and such have been fighting about the water bill lately, so maybe that's why you two were fighting in water". or something like that, i know that was a lame example... lol

locachica73
Whenever I fall asleep with the TV on whatever is on TV works its way into my dreams. I left it on VH1 once and had a dream I was on Flava of Love. Now there is a sex dream that had nothing to do with Sex... that man is NARSTY

humanoid
I recently had a dream that Sarah Palin and a gang of her crazed followers broke into my house attempting to kill me(seriously) In the midst of this, I decided to take a shower, and while I did, someone kicked in the bathroom door. Thankfully it was someone there to rescue me, but strangely it was this guy I used to work with, named Snake(seriously again) who is currently dying in the hospital from emphysema...thankfully he brought a shotgun and we were able to shoot our way out of the house

chairmenmeow47
I did fall asleep to CNN that night, and I watch too much TV, good call guys.

ha ha ha, that makes a difference. i fell asleep at summer camp and someone had left that "have you ever really loved a woman" song from don juan demarco, so i had these nightmares that a masked johnny depp was trying to kill me in my room, lol.

marooko
10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
no matter whats going on, my dick is hard in all of my dreams. what does that mean?

locachica73
10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
ha ha ha, that makes a difference. i fell asleep at summer camp and someone had left that "have you ever really loved a woman" song from don juan demarco, so i had these nightmares that a masked johnny depp was trying to kill me in my room, lol.

i had the song this is the end of the world as we know it playing in the background of my dream about the world coming to an end and me not being able to get to my kids to say goodbye. Woke up to that song playing on the clock radio. After that I changed it from radio to alarm because I didn't want that shit happening again.

marooko
10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Next thing i know I was in Vegas watching a building implode, then hanging out with Britany Spears in a seedy motel, she was batshit crazy in my dream too.

did you tap that shit?

humanoid
10-15-2008, 12:23 PM
any time I've ever had any sexual dreams, which is not very often, it always involves someone completely random, like a girl I haven't seen for a while or something, but no one I'm actively dating or that really plays a part in my life in any significant way

about a week ago, I had one about this girl I'm friends with, but have only seen once in about 2 years. I hadn't thought about her in a while, and she just randomly popped into my dream world. I made out with her once like 10 years ago, but that was the extent of our romance...she is now married to this guy I played high school baseball with, and dated an old friend of mine who recently went to prison for armed robbery

algunz
10-15-2008, 12:31 PM
no matter whats going on, my dick is hard in all of my dreams. what does that mean?

It means you are cheap date.

Ivy, I try to keep things in general terms, because it allows them to fill in the blanks. Because as you said, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Blinken
10-15-2008, 12:34 PM

LOL. Yeah I have alot wierd TV influenced dreams since I fall asleep with it on alot.

This is going to reinforce the Blinken watches to much TV theory but whatever. When I was 5 I had a dream about the Gummey Bears (from the cartoon) trying to kill me with butcher knives, they were popping out of tree stumps and shit while the theme song "Bouncing here and there and everywhere" was playing. Very disturbing for a 5 year old.

humanoid
10-15-2008, 12:36 PM
That was probably my favorite cartoon ever when I was a kid! Thankfully they never tried to kill me....you did just help the theme song get stuck in my head!

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 12:46 PM
when revenge of the sith came out, it was like star wars 24/7 in my life. i remember having this dream that i was being frozen in carbonite, but when i tried to scream out "nooooo", i sounded like chewbacca.

bug on your lip
10-15-2008, 12:49 PM
sometimes sex dreams are just sex, but most dreams about sex generally have to do with communication or unresolved issues with a particular person. for example, sometimes we have dreams that we are sleeping with a co-worker or something. it doesn't mean you want to bang your co-worker, it just means you might be having trouble communicating.

when you think of gwen, what are the first things that come to mind? was there anything in the day before your dream that involved gwen? sometimes the random stuff throughout our day also finds its way into our dreams. i'd need to know your thoughts on gwen before i could really analyze.

i really didn't ever think of Gwen before... it seems so random

POST-DREAM: now when i think of her i think sex, koo, styleee, fun, international

shakermaker113
10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
in grad school, after a marathon 36 hours of programming, I was dreaming in java for several nights. that fucking sucked. most boring dreams EVER.

I never want to do that again.

TomAz
10-15-2008, 01:25 PM

It means you are cheap date.

or it could just mean you need to pee.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
LOL. Yeah I have alot wierd TV influenced dreams since I fall asleep with it on alot.

This is going to reinforce the Blinken watches to much TV theory but whatever. When I was 5 I had a dream about the Gummey Bears (from the cartoon) trying to kill me with butcher knives, they were popping out of tree stumps and shit while the theme song "Bouncing here and there and everywhere" was playing. Very disturbing for a 5 year old.

I sure am glad I never had evil dreams about the smurfs.... I did have a sex dream about handy smurf but who didnt. sheesh.

vinylmartyr
10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
what about dreams about buying butter when you already have butter.

chairmenmeow47
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
what about dreams about buying butter when you already have butter.

maybe you feel like you're being redundant with regard to some necessity of your life? like you're reinventing the wheel? just a random guess. it may also mean you really want some toast.

captncrzy
10-15-2008, 01:57 PM

I have that dream at least once a month.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
ok damnit that means i am not as weird as i thought i was since everyone else is dreaming about their teeth falling out. now i have to find something new that makes me a whack job.

humanoid
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
/\ I don't know a definite number, but from several things I've read regarding dreams, that seems to be a very common one for some reason(although I've never had one)

shakermaker113
10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I had dreams for a while about losing a crown I have on one tooth. that was, however, after the traumatic week of wearing the temporary crown, during which it came off every single day. I don't know why that was a big deal, but I hated it. after that I'm not surprised I had bad dreams about it.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 11:15 PM
tonight i plan on having good dreams about sitting on my rock wall in hawaii gazing out at the ocean with a pipe in my hand and a very hot guy who doesnt speak brings me mai tais and rubs my shoulders on demand.

Quadromarshia
10-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Okay, some of you guys (which i've never even met) were in my dream last night. I can't remember toooo much but here it is-

So I was at a birthday party for a kid at a Wal-Mart, in the electronics isle, that was also a hawaiian buffet- with like poi, etc. But then something happened, nothing major, and we all had to leave. By the way, this Wal-mart is in Miami, but this Miami looks like if you stuck NYC on a beach. So we all decide to go to San Francisco and have a big warehouse party there, that night.

So, my dream became a mission, to link up with TomAz, and Ivy, who were ariving in the Miami via stretch Mercedes. So me and Salah are like hustling through the street, using our radar to find them. We hook up with them, and make it to the airport.

While at the airport, I check myspace and see this guy John John (who I met at Coachella last year) is in photos with my ex-Stephanie, who recently moved to SF (and recently shat all over my heart, but that's another story). So it turns out that he's the party, and he's the DJ.

And that's when my dog woke me up.