PDA

View Full Version : checkpoints!?!?!?

jimbojones
02-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi im jim coming from amsterdam since i land in lax i will be driving to coachella, my frien told me that on the way back from indio to los angeles there is an immigration checkpoint. is this true?is there anyway around it? i have my passaport but will be carring some "items" that are not so legal in the u.s any pointers i wouls really appreciate the help.

Courtney
02-22-2007, 11:31 AM
I've never seen any immigration checkpoint.

jimbojones
02-22-2007, 11:35 AM
thanks, just wanted to make sure. man this will be the best shit ever.

york707
02-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Unless you make a pitstop in Tijuana, you should be fine.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 11:47 AM
If you're bringing certain items from out of the country, you might get nabbed at the airport. I hope you're buying those things here.

jimbojones
02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
this is awsome cause i will be staying for two weeks but in los angeles with family. so i should have no problem sunday night when coming home.

jimbojones
02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
If you're bringing certain items from out of the country, you might get nabbed at the airport. I hope you're buying those things here.

yeah i have some people in the l.a area, thanks

shootingstar630
02-22-2007, 12:26 PM
thats the first i hear about it. my sister told me that theres only one as soon as you enter california but its not immigration it's to check and see if u have any outside fruit or vegetables. who knows ive never seen one.

Monko
02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
He is probably referring to a Commercial Truck Scale. No check points.

Dude I was in Amsterdamn last summer, I must say your pot was not that much better than socal pot. Whats the deal, I was expecting like super pot from Mars?

jimmycrackcorn
02-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi im jim coming from amsterdam since i land in lax i will be driving to coachella, my frien told me that on the way back from indio to los angeles there is an immigration checkpoint. is this true?is there anyway around it? i have my passaport but will be carring some "items" that are not so legal in the u.s any pointers i wouls really appreciate the help.

there are checkpoints on some of the highways and freeways but not between here and LAX... there are checkpoints between coachella and the mexican border on hwys 86, 111, and on the 15 freeway between san diego and LAX but NOT if you are just traveling straight to and from LAX and coachella...

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 04:32 PM
There's always the possibility the police could set up DUI/drugs checkpoints on the I-10 somewhere though.

JCLimited
02-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Immigration checkpoints in North America? lol... Maybe in the middle east.

jimbojones
02-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Dude I was in Amsterdamn last summer, I must say your pot was not that much better than socal pot. Whats the deal, I was expecting like super pot from Mars?

well you didnt try any of mine its better than super pot from mars.you should come again and let me give you the good stuff. i will have to try some so cal pot and compare.

Omar1
02-22-2007, 05:32 PM
is there such thing as socal pot?

Monko
02-22-2007, 07:24 PM
well you didnt try any of mine its better than super pot from mars.you should come again and let me give you the good stuff. i will have to try some so cal pot and compare.

so is that an invite for when Im in Amsterdam this summer?

Monko
02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
is there such thing as socal pot?

Yes, its called weed thats grown in Socal, which is like one of the best places in the world to grow outdoor pot. Also referring to the pot that is sold in medical dispenseries, which is usually supplied by local growers. There is such a thing as local growers.

jimbojones
02-23-2007, 08:17 AM
so is that an invite for when Im in Amsterdam this summer?

definatly let me know when and where you will be staying i can hook it up.

paganman7
02-23-2007, 08:23 AM

Come visit my city (Tucson, AZ).

baddream
02-23-2007, 10:03 AM

There are...

ToddThaGod
02-23-2007, 10:15 AM
thats the first i hear about it. my sister told me that theres only one as soon as you enter california but its not immigration it's to check and see if u have any outside fruit or vegetables. who knows ive never seen one.

is it true that texans play a game called ' border-line'? supposively they grab their lunch, grab their guns and wait for mexicans to jump the border. if so please someone inform me so I can go another route - k thx

dekr510
02-23-2007, 10:20 AM
yes this game is played all over texas!

d_apathy
02-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Actually there were check points near indio not to long ago. It seems thats over so you should be fine.

aynalehcar
02-23-2007, 12:05 PM

Apparently you've never been to southern california?

BeeII
02-23-2007, 02:01 PM

not as funny as you think, the anti-immigration mouthbreathers have been getting loud as of late.

BeeII
02-23-2007, 02:02 PM
is it true that texans play a game called ' border-line'? supposively they grab their lunch, grab their guns and wait for mexicans to jump the border. if so please someone inform me so I can go another route - k thx

i would not be surprised.

BoneDaddy
02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Just tell them:

Yes, we have no bananas.

Works every time.

RODGERRAMJET
02-24-2007, 09:40 AM
It's too bad the US of A doesn't have more checkpoints (to keep out the illegals). Personally, I welcome anyone who wants to come here for vacation/holiday, college, or to work LEGALLY...but this business of just jumping the border drives me nuts, and it's playing hell with our infastructure in SoCal (schools, hospitals, roads, etc.). California is ready to collapse financially because of all the illegals milking the system dry.

DeltaSigChi4
02-24-2007, 09:48 AM
California is ready to collapse financially because of all the illegals milking the system dry.

Do you have any proof of this, or are you just fond of fuzzy math?

E

Omar1
02-24-2007, 10:47 AM
but this business of just jumping the border drives me nuts, and it's playing hell with our infastructure in SoCal (schools, hospitals, roads, etc.).

anyone find this ironic? if it wasnt for illegals california wouldnt have infrastructure.

gaypalmsprings
02-24-2007, 11:19 AM
They do local checkpoints every now & then in the Coachella Valley. Very rare however. They are checking for alchohol, valid car registration, driver's license, & seatbelt use.

DeltaSigChi4
02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Why can't you have alcohol? What is this --- Utah???

E

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
02-24-2007, 12:03 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Utah. What's up with that state?

tiffdud41
02-24-2007, 12:04 PM
there are open container laws in Ca, aren't there?

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
02-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, not allowed. You can't have any open conatainers of booze in the car. Unopened are OK as long as the driver is at least 18 and not intoxicated

tiffdud41
02-24-2007, 12:54 PM
that's what I figured. thanks ftcob

jimmycrackcorn
02-25-2007, 08:24 AM
They do local checkpoints every now & then in the Coachella Valley. Very rare however. They are checking for alchohol, valid car registration, driver's license, & seatbelt use.

yeah but those checkpoints are manned by municipal police on city streets, i have NEVER seen a sobriety checkpoint on the freeways except the usual ones near state borders...the route between coachella and LA is all freeway... all the efforts of police are going to be geared towards getting all those cars outta coachella as fast and orderly as possible.... NO way would they gum up the works with any sorta checkpoint... SOOO stab it, steer, and crack open a beer; but don't tailgate me or i'll shoot you in the face....

jimmycrackcorn
02-25-2007, 08:28 AM
-disclaimer sized text- in no way do i condone or promote drinking & driving, tailgating, or shooting people in the face w/guns...

DeltaSigChi4
02-25-2007, 09:38 AM
-disclaimer sized text- in no way do i condone or promote drinking & driving, tailgating, or shooting people in that face w/guns...

http://web.ncf.ca/ek867/cheney.jpg

E

jimmycrackcorn
02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
http://web.ncf.ca/ek867/cheney.jpg

E

"old dick" as the paiges used to know him.
and you thought "scooter" had a bad nickname...

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 08:52 PM
It's too bad the US of A doesn't have more checkpoints (to keep out the illegals). Personally, I welcome anyone who wants to come here for vacation/holiday, college, or to work LEGALLY...but this business of just jumping the border drives me nuts, and it's playing hell with our infastructure in SoCal (schools, hospitals, roads, etc.). California is ready to collapse financially because of all the illegals milking the system dry.

ouch, just delete your post and save yourself some self-respect.

Its not the people here illegally, its the white trash. Its a common misunderstanding thats it is illegals that strain the system. In fact hte true illegal are usually, at least in this area, working under a fake social sercurity number. At the end of the year they are unable to get any money back. Just see how well the state would be without the farm workers, construction workers, baby sitters/nanny/maid, cooks/washers, taxi drivers, truck drivers, etc...... I am from an agricultural area, illegal immigrants work their fucking asses off for next to nothing and no benefits. Many of their children, get a good understanding of real work at a young age and help their parents at work (picking in the fields, yard work, washing dishes, etc...). From what I have seen many students drop out for the easy buck to be made in the field... ie multiple people/children picking under one name. Those that stay in school, some go off to college instead of working in jobs their parents worked. I have seen others open up their own businesses that cater towards their community. There are a few of their children that give a bad name to the rest that get involved with gangs, crime, etc... BUT its not any more than people whose parents were legal.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, not allowed. You can't have any open conatainers of booze in the car. Unopened are OK as long as the driver is at least 18 and not intoxicated

you can have an opened container in your car.... see the following

Storage of Opened Container

23225. (a) (1) It is unlawful for the registered owner of any motor vehicle to keep in a motor vehicle, when the vehicle is upon any highway or on lands, as described in subdivision (b) of Section 23220, any bottle, can, or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverage that has been opened, or a seal broken, or the contents of which have been partially removed, unless the container is kept in the trunk of the vehicle.

(2) If the vehicle is not equipped with a trunk and is not an off-highway motor vehicle subject to identification, as defined in Section 38012, the bottle, can, or other receptacle described in paragraph (1) shall be kept in some other area of the vehicle that is not normally occupied by the driver or passengers. For the purposes of this paragraph, a utility compartment or glove compartment shall be deemed to be within the area occupied by the driver and passengers.

(3) If the vehicle is not equipped with a trunk and is an off-highway motor vehicle subject to identification, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 38012, the bottle, can, or other receptacle described in paragraph (1) shall be kept in a locked container. As used in this paragraph, "locked container" means a secure container that is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device.

(b) Subdivision (a) is also applicable to a driver of a motor vehicle if the registered owner is not present in the vehicle.

(c) This section shall not apply to the living quarters of a housecar or camper.

When traveling in a group, keep it in your trunk..... Excluding the driver, passengers enjoy as needed. If you have a car that has a small section that can be opened to get into the trunk, then your set. Or sit so the smallest person is on the side that opens that is the smallest (1/3). It will make it easier to lean forward and pull out the bottle. Just make sure to look around, open the sun roof or windows to vent of the smell, and NEVER should the driver drink. If you are on a long trip, to make it far switch out drivers each day. That way one person isnt SOL. Its also good to have a friend that doesn't drink, they will never complain about it.

gaypalmsprings
02-26-2007, 09:27 PM
GTI - is it ok for an illegal immigrant to drink an open container?

faxman75
02-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Where exactly is the trunk on an SUV?

gaypalmsprings
02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
From Today's local paper, The Desert Sun (http://thedesertsun.com).....

Increased manpower and bumper crops of marijuana and cocaine are credited with large recent seizures of the drugs at the check point north of Brawley where Highway 86 meets Highway 111.

Today, U.S. Border Patrol agents found 30 pounds of marijuana hidden in a tire and took a family of four into custody. Last Thursday, agents seized 68 pounds of cocaine valued at about $2.1 million.

Because of stepped up enforcement and higher production, agents found 524 pounds of cocaine between October 2006 and January 2007, about a 26 percent increase over the amount seized in the entire fiscal year last year.

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
GTI - is it ok for an illegal immigrant to drink an open container?

yes, as long as there is a worm in it

GTI_GRL
02-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Where exactly is the trunk on an SUV?

(2) If the vehicle is not equipped with a trunk and is not an off-highway motor vehicle subject to identification, as defined in Section 38012, the bottle, can, or other receptacle described in paragraph (1) shall be kept in some other area of the vehicle that is not normally occupied by the driver or passengers. For the purposes of this paragraph, a utility compartment or glove compartment shall be deemed to be within the area occupied by the driver and passengers.

(3) If the vehicle is not equipped with a trunk and is an off-highway motor vehicle subject to identification, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 38012, the bottle, can, or other receptacle described in paragraph (1) shall be kept in a locked container. As used in this paragraph, "locked container" means a secure container that is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device.

umm a back pack in the back? lol

mistdevil
02-27-2007, 12:06 AM
lol just don't go too far.

Sally Cinnamon
02-27-2007, 01:52 AM

dude, i am mortofied for you!
who's gonna cook all your fast food for ya if the illegals get kicked out?

Ain'tItStrange
02-27-2007, 07:14 AM

Hey, the U.S. isn't that much better, man! They stop you on the roads in New Mexico to make sure that you have the right skin color before allowing you to proceed. If you give the guards any 'tude, they'll pull you right over and search your car just to make it interesting. I hated those Checkpoint Charlies when I lived in NM--police state fer sure!

cuchulainn
02-27-2007, 07:27 AM
From Today's local paper, The Desert Sun (http://thedesertsun.com).....

Increased manpower and bumper crops of marijuana and cocaine are credited with large recent seizures of the drugs at the check point north of Brawley where Highway 86 meets Highway 111.

Today, U.S. Border Patrol agents found 30 pounds of marijuana hidden in a tire and took a family of four into custody. Last Thursday, agents seized 68 pounds of cocaine valued at about $2.1 million.

Because of stepped up enforcement and higher production, agents found 524 pounds of cocaine between October 2006 and January 2007, about a 26 percent increase over the amount seized in the entire fiscal year last year.

does this mean supplies are up and prices should fall, or seizers are up and prices will rise, or have we just reached an equilibrium where prices and supplies remain constant?????

eighthundred
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
i got a note in my totebag thatsaid it had been chosen for an inspection on my planeride home, from indiana back to San Diego this winter.
if you're flying in internationally you're twice as likely to be checked.
if you want to go to jail, go ahead.