PDA

View Full Version : DJ Lance Rock (Yo Gabba Gabba)

damnvegetarian
02-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Is anyone else curious how this is going down? Is it going to be like watching Yo Gabba Gabba live? The video makes it seem like he holds his own as a dj but Im still a little confused, anyone out there see his set? (not on Nick Jr)

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/04/DjLance.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0pMibvPQjlg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0pMibvPQjlg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Phantasma Del Mar
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Seen him twice. He just plays/remixes songs from the show while the characters dance around. He did a medly of 80s cartoon intros too. Fun as hell.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
This seems unbelievably gay.

boarderwoozel3
02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Even knowing this isn't meant to be taken seriously (right?), it's kind of a joke. What's the attraction here? All I see is goofiness with a questionable soundtrack. To each their own it appears.

guedita
02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
It is goofiness, but a TON of teenagers (and probably others) get high and watch Yo Gabba Gabba, so this is for them. People are going to have a silly, fun time to this.

tessalasset
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I was under the impression parents get high after they put their children to sleep and watch Yo Gabba Gabba. At least that's what my friend does.

nbvcide
02-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Yo Gabba Acid Gabba..

He did a medly of 80s cartoon intros too. Fun as hell.

omg. i'd lose my fuckin mind!!!!!

beavington
02-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Even knowing this isn't meant to be taken seriously (right?), it's kind of a joke. What's the attraction here? All I see is goofiness with a questionable soundtrack. To each their own it appears.

Yo Gabba Gabba is allowed to be considered cool because all the cool bands make appearances on it. Its pretty juvenile if you ask me but I could see being super high and enjoying them dance.

rage patton
02-08-2010, 07:12 AM

Yo Gabba Gabba is the creation of Christian Jacobs, aka lead singer of The Aquabats. This show was made with one vision in mind: a childrens show that parents will actually enjoy watching. It was important for him that the show be educational, fun and not annoying in the Barney The Dinosaur or Telletubbies manner. Due to his love for music as well, he wanted to make sure music played a huge role in the show. So he invited some of his friends to make songs for the show. Unfortunately, you can't find any of these on youtube, but the best one was by The Aggrolites. Other guests such as Smoosh and Kanye West have performed on the show. Biz Markee also has a regular appearence.

I think I may be biased, because I love the Aquabats I know Christian Jacobs sense of humour. Im pretty sure this is exactly what his mind looks like all the time. Oh, and Christian Jacobs is friends with Paul Tollet. Paul T used to book shows for The Aquabats when they first started out. Christian probably suggested this to Paul T, and he probably laughed and said "OK."

I cannot wait for this set!

malcolmjamalawesome
02-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Yo Gabba Gabba is the creation of Christian Jacobs, aka lead singer of The Aquabats. This show was made with one vision in mind: a childrens show that parents will actually enjoy watching. It was important for him that the show be educational, fun and not annoying in the Barney The Dinosaur or Telletubbies manner. Due to his love for music as well, he wanted to make sure music played a huge role in the show. So he invited some of his friends to make songs for the show. Unfortunately, you can't find any of these on youtube, but the best one was by The Aggrolites. Other guests such as Smoosh and Kanye West have performed on the show. Biz Markee also has a regular appearence.

I think I may be biased, because I love the Aquabats I know Christian Jacobs sense of humour. Im pretty sure this is exactly what his mind looks like all the time. Oh, and Christian Jacobs is friends with Paul Tollet. Paul T used to book shows for The Aquabats when they first started out. Christian probably suggested this to Paul T, and he probably laughed and said "OK."

So because you like the guy who created the show and his band, you in turn can't wait for a performance by a DJ who appears on the show?

alex gardner
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
So because you like the guy who created the show and his band, you in turn can't wait for a performance by a DJ who appears on the show?

have you watched any live videos of him though. this shit is going to be hilarious/incredible/god-awful/revolutionary, pretty much can't miss status. party in my tummy is a fucking banger.

thestripe
02-08-2010, 07:45 AM
If you have kids this show will be a blast.

M Sparks
02-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Its pretty juvenile if you ask me

Really? A show aimed at 4 year olds is juvenile? Thanks for the news flash.

juwnJjtx4FE

M Sparks
02-08-2010, 08:02 AM
It should be noted that if Coachella had a kids stage like Lollapalooza, this would be the headliner. It's fucking Radiohead for toddlers. I will absolutely be checking it out.

beavington
02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Really? A show aimed at 4 year olds is juvenile? Thanks for the news flash.

juwnJjtx4FE

yeah a show aimed at 4yo watched by 25yo's is pretty juvenile.

juloxx
02-08-2010, 09:01 AM
This will be jokes. I shall attend

Lynn163
02-08-2010, 09:13 AM

The Banana song!

heimer
02-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Hmm....

http://kids.woot.com/

http://sale.images.woot.com/Yo_Gabba_Gabba_Magic_Dance_Hat_with_Music_and_Soun d5phDetail.jpg

http://sale.images.woot.com/Yo_Gabba_Gabba_Magic_Dance_Hat_with_Music_and_Soun ddo2Standard.jpg