PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Gartner

guedita
02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
No thread for this guy? I think he's going to be the stand-out Sahara artist of Friday. Has anyone seen him yet?

Gribbz
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
bt4H7S0Yc_0

Shit bangs.

guedita
02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't care how many times I've heard this song the last year. MAD JUMPING when it drops:

DGoyoc8nBiY

iGz89
02-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I can't wait. He's finally getting a crowd he deserves!

mickflyy
02-07-2010, 07:34 PM
his production is pretty good hope he is good live

misterpickles
02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
i'm really stoked for wolfgang! i hope he drops yin

ELECtROjan
02-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Wolfgang - Proxy - Erol ftw

malcolmjamalawesome
02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
And Aeroplane for good measure.

guedita
02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Truth, MJA. At first I was like, "Oh yeah, I'd check out Aeroplane." Now it's a must.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
MUST

tmac
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Wolfgang - Proxy - Erol ftw
YES YES YES

ELECtROjan
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Truth, MJA. At first I was like, "Oh yeah, I'd check out Aeroplane." Now it's a must.

anyone have any mixes or bootlegs or them?

metalfag
02-07-2010, 11:00 PM
anyone have any mixes or bootlegs or them?

this should fucking do, sickest song ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PSZtqJGPeTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PSZtqJGPeTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

erselone
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
wHY SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE SLEPT ON Aeroplane IS mind boggling to me!!!!!! CAn't wait for both their sets!!!!

Alchemist559
02-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I love Yin, I was actually listening to that on my way home from work the other day

Leckie
02-08-2010, 07:18 AM
get his essential mix.

Leeartlee
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Friday is looking to be the sleeper Sahara day... and this guy has a lot to do with it

Distorted_Jungle
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
get his essential mix.

When did he do one?

Devin the Dude
02-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I can't find an Essential Mix by him either.

HAMMERHEAD
02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
i don't recall him ever doing one either but 'm sure he'll get one this year. he only really started getting much attention in the last few months.

Distorted_Jungle
02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
i don't recall him ever doing one either but 'm sure he'll get one this year. he only really started getting much attention in the last few months.

My thoughts exactly, i can't find anything but his tracks being in other people's essential mixes so far.

Anyone have a link to download any sets from him, would be much appreciated.

hawkingvsreeve
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
this should fucking do, sickest song ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PSZtqJGPeTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PSZtqJGPeTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A Trak's version of this is wayyyyy better.

0VTiU3a0XBw

Mr. Dylanja
02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I was really hoping for A-Trak to be on the line up :(

hawkingvsreeve
02-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I like him from a production standpoint. His live mixes are always sloppy because he tries to incorporate all of the turntablism stuff he used to be into. Mix clean, please.

metalfag
02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
A Trak's version of this is wayyyyy better.

0VTiU3a0XBw

nah

kuuguy
02-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Seeing the big bad wolf in a couple weeks here at the Olympics, will drop a review in here after the show.

mickflyy
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
a trak should stick to turntablism

guedita
02-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Seeing the big bad wolf in a couple weeks here at the Olympics, will drop a review in here after the show.

Please do!

thagorillaz
02-12-2010, 06:51 PM
His new track, Undertaker , is bananas.

-tim

wazdog
02-13-2010, 04:33 PM
he produced some quality stuff when he was joey youngman. haven't heard any of his work under his new moniker

Mr. Dylanja
02-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't know which one came out first but does anyone else think 5th Symphony sounds just like Genisis when the beat drops? I like both songs a lot so it's not a big deal to me, I just thought it was fairly blatant.

Anyways, two months from today it.goes.down.

Brochella
02-19-2010, 09:31 AM
interesting article on the man himself if any of you are interested http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/music-saved-wolfgang-gartners-life/

Mr. Dylanja
02-19-2010, 10:21 AM
^ great article.

It's gonna get so dirty on Friday.

TheBoneyKingofNowhere
02-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Verrry good article, he' probably one of the artists I'm most excited for. Hope he doesn't conflict with anyone too important

Alchemist559
02-19-2010, 12:17 PM
I missed seeing this dude in San Diego twice both times because I couldn't get the days off of work, I am gonna have to make him one of my priorities. I love Yin.

Mr. Dylanja
02-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Cannot wait to hear this on the Sahara's sound system.
AU2nL8ZUwqE

guedita
03-02-2010, 10:27 AM

Did you end up seeing him?

thagorillaz
03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I've seen him. He was a good DJ. Dont expect anything mindblowing ( other than his originals [which are mindblowing]) He does a pretty standard dj set, and he does it well.
im excited to see him again.
-tim

Trigaus
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM
He should play the same stage right before Deadmau5 closes out Friday :)

guedita
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Of course they will both be in the Sahara, Trigaus, but he won't be on directly before deadmau5. He's going to be somewhere next to Proxy/Erol, but certainly before Benny.

Distorted_Jungle
03-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Of course they will both be in the Sahara, Trigaus, but he won't be on directly before deadmau5. He's going to be somewhere next to Proxy/Erol, but certainly before Benny.

This.

Proxy -> Wolfgang is going to be one of the best things to go down all weekend.

paddyd
03-04-2010, 12:36 AM
anyone no where to good any mixes of his? been looking - but struggling to get my hands on some!

chunk
03-04-2010, 05:14 AM
hook shot is so the shit. i just started listening. definitely must see for me.

Jefferson Blowdy
03-04-2010, 06:37 PM
After some serious thought and meditation, I really believe Wolfgang is gonna throw down the dirtiest set of the weekend.

Bud Luster
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Is it weird that I would probably like him more if his name wasn't Wolfgang?

kuuguy
03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Did you end up seeing him?

Sure did! He was about what I expected from him. Played a lot of his great originals, other great music, good mixing, good energy. Something else rather unique and amusing spun into his set that I don't believe I've seen before in a DJ set but will keep that one a secret! Nice guy also. Definitely worth seeing but I still prefer Deadmau5 over him, as a producer and dj. That being said, Friday is going to be off the hook! Wolfgang, Benny, and Deadmau5 alone are going to be incredible, no idea how I'm going to see Jay-Z, LCD, and Fever Ray also! Hmmm, 3 amazing DJ's I've already seen vs. 3 supposedly amazing other acts I haven't and would love to see???!!! And Fever Ray is almost guaranteed to conflict with LCD or Jay on top of that. FML. Sorry for the rant, getting a little overexcited up in here!

beatboy
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
mstrkft destroy sahara in 2007, boys noize in 2008, bloody fuckin beetroots 2009, this year...WOLFGANG!!! I have seeing videos of his live sets, hes so dirty but the crowd its like ok, finally hes gonna play for the crowd that he deserves, COACHELLA CROWD!!!!

PD. remember guys, nobody can beat the sahara crowd!!!!!......see you guys in the tent

Distorted_Jungle
03-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Sure did! He was about what I expected from him. Played a lot of his great originals, other great music, good mixing, good energy. Something else rather unique and amusing spun into his set that I don't believe I've seen before in a DJ set but will keep that one a secret! Nice guy also. Definitely worth seeing but I still prefer Deadmau5 over him, as a producer and dj. That being said, Friday is going to be off the hook! Wolfgang, Benny, and Deadmau5 alone are going to be incredible, no idea how I'm going to see Jay-Z, LCD, and Fever Ray also! Hmmm, 3 amazing DJ's I've already seen vs. 3 supposedly amazing other acts I haven't and would love to see???!!! And Fever Ray is almost guaranteed to conflict with LCD or Jay on top of that. FML. Sorry for the rant, getting a little overexcited up in here!

Everyone likes different things, but it's funny you mention you liking Deadmau5 better. I was listening to a lot of Wolfgangs production the other day and was thinking this similar to deadmau5 at points but 10x better as a whole. i'm always the first to talk shit on deadmau5 so that might be why, but i think Wolgang's a mix of dadmau5 and sebastiAn so he's a lot harder than Deadmau5.

kuuguy
03-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Everyone likes different things, but it's funny you mention you liking Deadmau5 better. I was listening to a lot of Wolfgangs production the other day and was thinking this similar to deadmau5 at points but 10x better as a whole. i'm always the first to talk shit on deadmau5 so that might be why, but i think Wolgang's a mix of dadmau5 and sebastiAn so he's a lot harder than Deadmau5.

I concur with your points, there are a lot of similarities between Wolfgang and Deadmau5' productions and I agree Wolf is harder overall while Deadmau5 is quite eclectic versatile and experimental with his productions, which keeps me guessing and constantly craving more! There both amazing artists/DJ's/producers in my opinion and we're lucky to be able to see them both in the same Sahara night!

Mr. Dylanja
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
To me Wolfgang sounds like a much more polished and advanced version of Justice.

(flame away)

theresalwaysone
03-04-2010, 10:30 PM
To me Wolfgang sounds like a much more polished and advanced version of Justice.

(flame away)

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/musicvideos/2007/4/we-are-your-friends-cat.jpg

thagorillaz
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Is it weird that I would probably like him more if his name wasn't Wolfgang?

you are in luck. His name is Joey Youngman. He just has a bunch of aliases, of which wolfgang gartner is the most succesful.
-tim

guedita
03-05-2010, 09:12 AM

(flame away)

I kind of get what you're saying. His sound is smoother. I see some similarities.

Distorted_Jungle
03-05-2010, 09:51 AM

(flame away)

At times i here similar style to SebastiAn as well. His style is a fusion of so many different people and i think that's why i really like it. Deadmau5 has a lot of production i really could do without, but he sounds similar to the select tracks from him that i do like which is why i think he's a lot better.

ELECtROjan
03-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Beatport interview: HERE (http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/inside-the-mind-of-wolfgang-gartner/)

Is there any producer with a keener eye for detail than Wolfgang Gartner? The meticulousness of the electro house producer from Austin, Texas, has made him a huge star within the genre, and helped him net eight Beatport No.1 records.

Whilst most electro house producers opt for simplicity - a big bassline and a simple house loop will do, won’t it? - Wolfgang Gartner throws layers of synths and FX into the mix, resulting in tracks that offer a multitude of build ups, bass holes, and hand-raising moments.

His latest single ‘Undertaker’ sees Wolfgang return to what he does best - microscopically precise heavy house grooves mixed with an instantly recognisable epic melody. No doubt, it will be one of the hits of Miami’s WMC 2010 in a little over two weeks.

But what don’t we know about Wolfgang Gartner? We decided to fire a series of personal questions at the producer and DJ to find out more about the man behind those killer electro house grooves (and yes, that is Wolfgang Gartner when he was a kid).

What is your greatest fear?

Fucked up CDJs at gigs.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

I am the most extreme introvert I know, and I hate it. I have learned to make the best of it though.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

People who do favors for you or butter you up in the hopes of getting something in return.

What is your greatest extravagance?

Food. I won’t hesitate to spend stupid amounts of money on good food.

What is your current state of mind?

Overworked but reminding myself that this is how I always wanted it and I would be bored without it.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

The real ones who don’t wear a ton of makeup or dress up too much. Sorta the girl next door type.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

I say “man” far too much. I also swear more than I should.

When and where were you happiest?

Every month is better than the last. So really, I am happier than I’ve ever been.

Which talent would you most like to have?

People skills.

Who are your heroes in real life?

People who make great music. I know how hard it is and I have great admiration for others who pull it off.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Making ‘Undertaker’. Producing that thing was a mission and a half.

What is your most treasured possession?

My cat (really he’s more of a family member than a possession though).

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

Poverty or having to do something you hate to make ends meet.

What is it that you most dislike?

Airplanes and airports. The sad thing is I used to love both.

What is your greatest regret?

Not going to college. Not because I wish I’d gotten an education, but I feel like I missed out on the “college experience”, all the things that go on outside of the classroom.

How would you like to die?

I’m hoping we’ll be able to replace our vital organs soon and I won’t have to.

What is your motto?

Everything I do has to be better than the last thing I did. This mostly applies to music.

guedita
03-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Anyone who doesn't think the Sahara is going to be going off during his set is just plain silly.

gW05dvMg8Vw

Mr. Dylanja
03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I cannot fucking wait for Hook Shot!

metalfag
03-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Proxy -> Wolfgang is going to be one of the best things to go down all weekend.

holy fuck so stoked

Foppie
03-24-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't know which one came out first but does anyone else think 5th Symphony sounds just like Genisis when the beat drops? I like both songs a lot so it's not a big deal to me, I just thought it was fairly blatant.

Wolfgang's 5th released - August 11, 2009
Justice's Genesis released - August 7, 2007

Derivative is the word, still quite the jam, played out as it may be.

rasooli
03-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Dirtiest Sahara set for the entire weekend is going to be a toss up between Proxy and Wolfgang Gartner....mark my words!

mstrkft destroy sahara in 2007, boys noize in 2008, bloody fuckin beetroots 2009, this year...WOLFGANG!!! I have seeing videos of his live sets, hes so dirty but the crowd its like ok, finally hes gonna play for the crowd that he deserves, COACHELLA CROWD!!!!

MSTRKFT's 2007 performance singlehandedly made me an EDM fan. I didn't appreciate this type of music until witnessing the brilliance of MSTRKRFT.

darkjustice
03-25-2010, 12:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEUfeiSKt0

mmblack
03-25-2010, 12:29 AM
i love wolfgang, i throw a lot of his songs into my mixes, but is he really that good? making 'undertaker' was his biggest accomplishment? it's not like a revolutionary song or anything. truth be told, it sounds like just another song that hit the blogs more than a year ago and in how fast music evolves today that is pretty behind the times. and again, i love wolfgang, i love the genre, i'm fucking psyched to see him, but three separate people told me his set a few months ago at the avalon was "nothing special" and "kind of disappointing." sorry for the negativity. i hope to eat these words with some hidden valley ranch after facemelt friday.

digitaldragon03
03-25-2010, 12:52 AM
His set at Avalon was awesome. The crowd was lame. Avalon even cut him off during the build up to The Buckethead's "The Bomb", so that some shit resident DJ could go on. Fucking THE BOMB! If he drops that track at Coachella i will go apeshit.

Jefferson Blowdy
03-25-2010, 01:41 AM
i love wolfgang, i throw a lot of his songs into my mixes, but is he really that good? making 'undertaker' was his biggest accomplishment? it's not like a revolutionary song or anything. truth be told, it sounds like just another song that hit the blogs more than a year ago and in how fast music evolves today that is pretty behind the times. and again, i love wolfgang, i love the genre, i'm fucking psyched to see him, but three separate people told me his set a few months ago at the avalon was "nothing special" and "kind of disappointing." sorry for the negativity. i hope to eat these words with some hidden valley ranch after facemelt friday.

I would say Wolfgang's 5th Symphony is his biggest accomplishment since it was Beatport's most downloaded single in 2009.

And btw i can't fucking wait for facemelt friday!

Trigaus
03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Saw Wolfgang at SxSw last weekend - It was Sick!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/Trigaus/Misc/0320100150-00.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/Trigaus/Misc/0320100153-00.jpg

Definitely recommend everyone check him out if you don't have any outstanding conflicts.

nbvcide
03-25-2010, 11:42 PM
i pray pray pray that Wolfgang -> Proxy..

Wheres the beef?
03-26-2010, 01:17 AM
I cannot fucking wait for Hook Shot!

Don't forget Clap.

LnyqBlxsQa8

Do. Not. Forget. Clap.

ELECtROjan
03-26-2010, 07:24 PM
He plays Ultra tonight Mainstage in between David Guetta and Tiesto... Mainstage?

LINK TO SETTIMES (http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/lineup)

mmblack
03-26-2010, 07:32 PM
I would say Wolfgang's 5th Symphony is his biggest accomplishment since it was Beatport's most downloaded single in 2009.

And btw i can't fucking wait for facemelt friday!

i was referencing the interview with him were he says making undertaker was his biggest accomplishment. straight from the horse's mouth. and i was really surprised with those settimes for ultra as well.

Jefferson Blowdy
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
i was referencing the interview with him were he says making undertaker was his biggest accomplishment. straight from the horse's mouth. and i was really surprised with those settimes for ultra as well.

O fo sho. Well then it was just a little fun fact for ya.

Distorted_Jungle
03-27-2010, 06:20 AM
He plays Ultra tonight Mainstage in between David Guetta and Tiesto... Mainstage?

LINK TO SETTIMES (http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/lineup)

Damn, Wolfgang got a 15 minute spot?

Flammenwerfer
03-27-2010, 09:16 AM
These Ultra set times are retarded. Half the artists are getting 15-30min slots. And the order of the acts makes close to zero sense.

Mordecai
03-27-2010, 09:25 AM
It kind of does actually. They are filler DJs that play while they are switching the equipment over for the main acts. The main acts get full sets. If you look at it that way, the order is Little Boots, Passion Pit, Groove Armada, Guetta, Tiesto. The order of the fillers are Afrojack, LMFAO, Gartner.

Distorted_Jungle
03-27-2010, 09:40 AM
It kind of does actually. They are filler DJs that play while they are switching the equipment over for the main acts. The main acts get full sets. If you look at it that way, the order is Little Boots, Passion Pit, Groove Armada, Guetta, Tiesto. The order of the fillers are Afrojack, LMFAO, Gartner.

To have Gartner on for only 15 minutes is just dumb.

Mordecai
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree, I was more talking about the order of acts.

But it's Ultra, and they have a 15 minute between their two "premier" acts that night. The stage could be silent, they could have a nobody DJ, or they could have a decent DJ. He could play for longer, but the crowd waiting between Guetta and Tiesto aren't interested in any more then 15 minutes of Gartner.

I'd love to hear the thought process on that setlist. "Let's see here, I'll play this one and then .... oh, what? I'm done? Ok, then"

kuuguy
03-27-2010, 03:36 PM
That is incredibly retarded. 15 minute set is really a slap in the face, at least playing between Guetta and Tiesto will give him some good exposure to win over new fans.

digitaldragon03
03-27-2010, 04:03 PM
That is incredibly retarded. 15 minute set is really a slap in the face, at least playing between Guetta and Tiesto will give him some good exposure to win over new fans.
If he throws 5th, into Firepower, into Flashback, into Yin... BOOM, superstar DJ.

Jefferson Blowdy
03-28-2010, 12:59 AM
His set must have been such a cock tease. At least we get the real thing.

GnarVee
03-28-2010, 08:00 AM
15 WTF.

mothershipmama
03-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Saw him in PDX New Years 2009....I hadn't heard of him at the time and didn't think he was really on anyones radar, until he showed up on the Coach lineup. He was extremely badass then, can't wait to see what he's workin' on now!

higgybaby23
04-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I didn't realize he was a Yank and currently based out of Texas no less.
YOU ESS AY!!
*fingers crossed for no conflicts with Fever Ray*

Edit: His Nocturnal mix is worth listening to.

guedita
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Nocturnal mix? Has that been posted on here?

malcolmjamalawesome
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
This will be the best chest licking soundtrack.

guedita
04-01-2010, 07:46 PM
How many chests will I have to lick til I get to the center of MJA's chest?

Distorted_Jungle
04-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Nocturnal mix? Has that been posted on here?

http://www.mediafire.com/?mbzzcimyww3

Don't know if it was posted in this thread already, but here it is.

guedita
04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks!

RitualAfterhours
04-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Looking forward to his set. Some of his productions are Sick!

goldfromla
04-03-2010, 10:49 AM

im a little dissapointed in this to be honest. i love wolfgang, but you dont hear any of his major songs dropped in this mix. at coachella can we expect something like this or......?

boarderwoozel3
04-03-2010, 11:02 AM
That mix is a year old, for what it's worth.

Will be packing an extra face for this one.

Fandeathis
04-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Very excited to finally see him!

malcolmjamalawesome
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM
This fuckstick is gonna bring it HARD.

Mr. Dylanja
04-05-2010, 04:04 PM
im a little dissapointed in this to be honest. i love wolfgang, but you dont hear any of his major songs dropped in this mix. at coachella can we expect something like this or......?

I'm most impressed with his blending from this set. I also like that it has more of a continual groove rather than the ups and downs most sets seem to have. I suspect we're going to get some clean mixing of his major songs which is going to make this set pretty amazing.

TallGuyCM
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Wolfgang Gartner is gonna absolutely tear the place apart. Pleeeeeez no LCD/Fever Ray/Wolfgang conflict.

guedita
04-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Minute 2:28 UNH

HTaFmzWzwbk

malcolmjamalawesome
04-05-2010, 05:25 PM

HTaFmzWzwbk

You're going down.

uniform72
04-06-2010, 09:24 AM
OK, so Flashback may not make it into his set, considering the age of the song now... but Coachella deserves it. Guaranteed if this track drops, at the right time in the set... it will be one of the defining moments of Facemelt Friday, if not the entire weekend.

Distorted_Jungle
04-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Wolfgang Gartner is gonna absolutely tear the place apart. Pleeeeeez no LCD/Fever Ray/Wolfgang conflict.

LCD will be on right before Jay-Z so i don't think you will have to worry about that conflict, if Wolfgang plays night time it will be right after sunset. Deadmau5, Benny and Erol Alkan will be what conflicts with LCD and Jay-Z.

Tendeafears
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Saw him three weeks ago with Chris Lake and Felix Da Housecat. Wolfgang was wayyy better than Felix, who honestly dissappointed me. It was definitely a sick show and I'm looking forward to seeing him at Coachella where people aren't complete assholes like they are at shows here in Salt Lake.
It's not gonna be the best set of the weekend imo, but it's gonna be awesome regardless.

GnarVee
04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
fucking stoked on his set!

Devin the Dude
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
That drop Guedita has directed us to... DOPE.

Mr. Dylanja
04-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Devster, I want to get on your shoulders for this set :pulse

misterpickles
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
if he drops "yin" i will look like this guy

OC2emlXBuIM

Mr. Dylanja
04-08-2010, 12:29 PM
"...who thinks I'm durrrty."

"I really couldn't give a shit."

TallGuyCM
04-08-2010, 01:20 PM

HTaFmzWzwbk

Goddammm, that song was so tight. There's no way I'm missing his set. NO WAY.

guedita
04-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm officially requesting a shoulder ride.

Gribbz
04-08-2010, 01:28 PM
So I keep hearing this guy isn't good live. What's the deal? His tracks are sick. Hopefully he doesn't conflict with one of my must sees.

TallGuyCM
04-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm officially requesting a shoulder ride.

Shoulder ride granted. Friday night is good, you gotta hit me up early on in the weekend, I don't know if my shoulders will have much left in em come Sunday night.

And listening to Kindergarten Italy 01 right now, this just slays from front to back.

Distorted_Jungle
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
So I keep hearing this guy isn't good live. What's the deal? His tracks are sick. Hopefully he doesn't conflict with one of my must sees.

Listen to this set which is from a couple years ago and make the decision yourself, i personally really like this set and it made me more excited to see him than i already was.

Mr. Dylanja
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Prediction: Grooviest set of the weekend.

ClassicCultRecords
04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
WOLFGANG NUMBAH 1! locochones unite!!

dorkfish
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
someone sounds excited

evrybody i know who's playing coachella (including myself) is putting so much time / preparation into their set and pulling out the big guns 35 minutes ago via web
http://twitter.com/wolfganggartner/status/12070932192

i can't wait to see the other performances, they will be some of the best ever witnessed i think. 35 minutes ago via web
http://twitter.com/wolfganggartner/status/12070946632

beatboy
04-13-2010, 11:49 AM
6:25 - 7:40... OMG Wlofgang it going to be insannnneeeeee!!!! this is Coachella and this is the crowd that he deserves, sahara its going to be a madness

malcolmjamalawesome
04-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Fucking. Shredded.

Flammenwerfer
04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Oh my god, oh my god oh my god.

The best DJ set of the day hands down no question.

rasooli
04-18-2010, 01:48 AM
best sahara set so far....wolfgang fucking blewup that tent.

mickflyy
04-19-2010, 10:46 PM
The second half of his set was sick. I was just about to leave but for some reason I decided to stay and a lot of dancing happened.

darkjustice
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
very very very very very very good

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-23-2010, 07:46 AM
OK, so Flashback may not make it into his set, considering the age of the song now... but Coachella deserves it. Guaranteed if this track drops, at the right time in the set... it will be one of the defining moments of Facemelt Friday, if not the entire weekend.

While Flashback may not have made it...

THE MC FLIPSIDE CLUB MIX DID!

FLASHBACK FLASHBACK FLASHBACK! hahahah so sick

malcolmjamalawesome
04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Can anybody whip up a tracklisting for this guy's set? YOu CAn? AWESOME BRAH!

Mr. Dylanja
04-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Prediction: Grooviest set of the weekend.

http://www.nyc.com/image/users/blogs/4896.jpg

guedita
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
I know that the first song with the female vocals was also used on Craze's Fabriclive...I'll look it up when I get home.

Gribbz
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Sooo much better than Proxy.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Sooo much better than Proxy.

Why are you creating raver discord where there is none

Gribbz
04-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Why are you creating raver discord where there is none

Hey, at least it's not PLURsday.

DFrank
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Got my ticket late on Friday and this was my first set to watch...Best way to start the weekend!

Are ya nasty babay? Get's going at 1:00, 1:30 drop.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D_A35ZJoS-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D_A35ZJoS-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

goldfromla
05-06-2010, 08:11 PM
anyone know the song that he played towards the end of the set
lyrics were "stop thats just the way we feel"
sorry i sound like a loser :(

RoughSteez
05-06-2010, 08:23 PM
anyone know the song that he played towards the end of the set
lyrics were "stop thats just the way we feel"
sorry i sound like a loser :(

The original song is called Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance The Way I Feel. I don't know what remix that was though.

FuturaBold
05-06-2010, 08:57 PM
^^^its a armand van helden club mix

probably my personal highlight of his set was when he dropped it, i was so stoked to hear it

goldfromla
05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
The original song is called Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance The Way I Feel. I don't know what remix that was though.

thank you and downloaded now :)

Mr. Dylanja
05-06-2010, 09:03 PM
This fucker is going to slay EDC.

ELECtROjan
05-06-2010, 09:37 PM
anyone know the version of flashback he played? That vocal is sick

:25sec
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zx803Za2E7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zx803Za2E7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

glitch
05-07-2010, 06:32 AM
anyone know the version of flashback he played? That vocal is sick

:25sec
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zx803Za2E7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zx803Za2E7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wolfgang Gartner - Flashback feat. MC Flipside (Club Mix)

malcolmjamalawesome
05-07-2010, 08:17 AM

Anybody got a link to this actual track? All I can find is a preview version.

SDsoldier7
05-07-2010, 02:23 PM

So ill.

RoughSteez
05-07-2010, 02:31 PM

How come you have Aeroplane at the Wiltern 5/28? Nas is playing the Wiltern that night.

oh yeah, and wolfgang...he...uh...kills it.

Edit: Oh you probably meant 740. Nevermind.

fiopadp7791
05-07-2010, 03:51 PM
good god! How could I forget about the Air Mattress Surfing at this set?! Just added to the total awesomeness...

Wheres the beef?
05-07-2010, 04:16 PM
That recording that was put together from youtube clips is garbage. This one is much better.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zm2512zz1iy

SDsoldier7
05-07-2010, 04:22 PM
^I knew you had a purpose.

thanks.

djandrews25
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
fellatio?

fpsphil
05-07-2010, 04:55 PM
When i saw him on the edc lineup, i got so excited, i cant wait to seem him again

glitch
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
How come you have Aeroplane at the Wiltern 5/28? Nas is playing the Wiltern that night.

oh yeah, and wolfgang...he...uh...kills it.

Edit: Oh you probably meant 740. Nevermind.

I could swear it was the wiltern before, they must have changed it. thanks for the heads up - cheaper cab ride now, hope 740 is a cool venue.

GnarVee
05-08-2010, 02:12 AM

THIS.

BEEN LOOKN FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT

& NOTHIN.....

if you can hear me.....HELP!

boarderwoozel3
05-08-2010, 02:44 AM
unz unz

goldfromla
05-14-2010, 10:48 PM

what song does he play right before this? anyone know

goldfromla
05-15-2010, 08:50 AM
^^^ ANYONEEEEE!

lt.roast.a.botch
05-30-2010, 03:54 PM
First, I want to thank this thread for introducing me to Wolfgang Gartner before Coachella. By far my favorite artist discovered from this year and one of my favorite artists right now. His set killed and I hope he brings out some more new material at EDC.

This is a link to flashback mc flipside (club mix) on hypem. The link to DL it is inactive and im not sure if it is the preview or not. http://hypem.com/#/track/885300/Wolfgang+Gartner+-+Flashback+feat+MC+Flipside+Club+Mix+

I believe the song before Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - dance the way i feel is Wolfgang - Illmerica. He hasnt released the official yet but you can find links to DL a decent quality live version. That was the best song of the set for me.

VXmKBQ0NJps.

Bud Luster
05-30-2010, 06:58 PM
that last one is pretty much a Justice rip-off. sad.

ELECtROjan
05-30-2010, 07:58 PM

So ill.

THIS.
BEEN LOOKN FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT

& NOTHIN.....

if you can hear me.....HELP!

GOT IT.

It took some sketch downloading and some fake files first but i found the right one. Threw it up on Mediafire to avoid the bs. Enjoy

LINK (http://www.mediafire.com/?rzyfmmeawzm)

goldfromla
05-30-2010, 08:05 PM
GOT IT.

It took some sketch downloading and some fake files first but i found the right one. Threw it up on Mediafire to avoid the bs. Enjoy

LINK (http://www.mediafire.com/?rzyfmmeawzm)

lovin it!

goldfromla
06-01-2010, 09:26 PM
WOLFGANG NEEDS AN ESSENTIAL MIX NOW