PDA

View Full Version : After the show....

Another User Name
02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Heading over from Dublin, Ireland with some friends for Coachella and cannot wait!! But whats the deal with the bands finishing at 12am? Do djs / other tents keep going throughout the night?

oh yeah? where is the best part of Los Angeles to stay for 48 hours and how the f*ck do we get to the festival?? :)

Roll on Faith No More, Yeasayer, Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, MUSE.
Best line up I've ever seen!

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 01:31 PM
i would stick around the polo fields/indio...dont venture off into LA

you'll be burnt out at the end of the day n the last thing you'll want to do is drive at that hour.

if you skip on camping you will miss out on makeshift parties, drum circles, new friends willing to donate or swap drugs and all around great vibes

and in case your a night owl coachella provides a "dome" with dj's playing after hours

you'll find something to do, trust me

Another User Name
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
cheers! We are camping at the festival, just flying in to LA for the first time and plan to arrive tue / wed so would like to find decent area to stay in before we head Coachella direction.

good to hear it goes on in to the early hours! Thought as much just wanted to know for sure. And being a drummer good to hear about the drum circles!

Can't wait to party at a festival that doesnt involve rain, mudd etc etc.. ha

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
see you here pal, cheers!

Cuddlesthesheep
02-05-2010, 02:12 PM
its gonna be hot as shit good sir!

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
my tent will definately welcome fleeting relationships

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
There is a nice hostel on Melrose, which would be a pretty perfect base of operations location-wise for Los Angeles

http://www.orbithotel.com/

To actually get to Coachella, you're probably going to want to rent a car or check out the carpools section of this board and try to arrange something there.

sonofhal
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Staying at a rather iffy looking Motel 6 in Hollywood on the wed night. It was very cheap on Expedia. Probably the best area to stay so you can do all the tourist type shit.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
If youre staying in Hwood, make sure to eat here 3 times daily

http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/

myelectrolife
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
and in case your a night owl coachella provides a "dome" with dj's playing after hours

Be aware most people agree the dome sucks... No name DJs spinning dubstep. Its not like Benny Benassi is goin to play a late night set in the dome or anything.

littlewolf
02-05-2010, 05:15 PM
In other threads the presence of the Dome has been questioned, even by PsychicFriend. Is there confirmation that it will actually be there this year? Maybe I missed it.

JustSteve
02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Staying at a rather iffy looking Motel 6 in Hollywood on the wed night. It was very cheap on Expedia. Probably the best area to stay so you can do all the tourist type shit.

you don't really need to book a motel 6 in advance in most places...and they are always damn cheap. what was the difference compared to just booking through the motel 6 website?

vinylmartyr
02-05-2010, 05:31 PM

This place is cool. It is in the heart of Hollywood. I work really close to it. It is affordable and nice.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Lol. I think we stayed in that Motel 6.

Sketch. As. Fuck.

But fine to crash in.

Duvel
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Santa Monica/Venice is a great area to stay in...

KookyFor1973
02-05-2010, 08:15 PM
i would stick around the polo fields/indio...dont venture off into LA

you'll be burnt out at the end of the day n the last thing you'll want to do is drive at that hour.

If memory serves, it's more like 3 hours between LA and Indio, not one.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-05-2010, 08:16 PM
If memory serves, it's more like 3 hours between LA and Indio, not one.

"At that hour" would be an indication of the time of day, and not so much the amount of time it would take to cover a particular distance.

Lynn163
02-05-2010, 09:50 PM

There is a hostel on 2nd Street in Santa Monica (around the corner from The Kings Head) that I believe is new...at least it looks much nicer than the one in Venice.

tchuess
02-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Bands 'officially' end at 12am, but hey...Prince played until 1am, so it's a fucking toss up. You'll be shitfaced by then anyway, so just pass out in a field no one will complain.

Los Angeles??? LA is a 3 hour drive from Coachella, so it's not even in the picture! Get a hotel in Indio, Indian Wells, Palm Desert, Palm Springs...check the Coachella website. Hotels book up quickly, especially the cheap ones. Get a rental car, you'll need it...just a cheap shitty one, doesn't matter. Show up with an Irish flag at the Miramonte resort in Indian Wells, and the drinks are on me!

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 11:28 PM
"At that hour" would be an indication of the time of day, and not so much the amount of time it would take to cover a particular distance.

tis is true

seanyb
02-06-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm flying into LA a few days before Coachella and staying here http://www.usahostels.com/hollywood/ then getting a greyhound bus down to Indio on the 15th and back to LA on the 19th

donkey sex
02-06-2010, 09:49 AM
if you make it out alive

http://www.benjaminmbader.com/images/fine/ink/LIGHT-STUDY-2_thumb.jpg

elsyium101
02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
for the most part it does end at 12 but i have seen it go as late as 1..the dance tents tend to go on a little longer.....i dont camp at the coachella campsite because u cant cook, drink.....and i heard the lineup for the shower is out of control....me and my friends camp out by the salton sea....its like a half hour 45 mins away from the show but people still party.....but some usually wait till the next morning...the dessert heat has a way of waking u up early....and a way of burning u out...

travolta
02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
maybe its just cause i go big but when the festival is over for the day im done. afterparty consists of a shower, beer, jammies and bed.

fiopadp7791
02-06-2010, 05:48 PM
If you go into the venue right away when the gates open everyday, and you stay in the grounds for 12 until midnight, you're gonna be wiped out after anyway. It'll be pretty easy to get some sleep in that cool night desert air

Another User Name
02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
well I'm just going from Irish and European festival experiences... you get festival fit and party the whole weekend with about 4-5 hours sleep a night (if your lucky). Never partied in the desert before so should be interesting!!

blackstar
02-06-2010, 09:05 PM
If you want to do the Hollywood thing there are some hostels right in the heart of Hollywood, I always try to spend a day up at joshua tree its a little out of the way but a great american park.. look it up online and maybe head out a day earlier get some beers and go up there...

slainte

juloxx
02-06-2010, 09:17 PM

If your not gonna stay in the palm springs indo area, this is where you wanna be

IRSCOTT
02-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Agree that you'll be burnt out after the whole day, But not with the camp off site thing. I ahve never had a hard time getting drunk, and this year they are actualy letting you bing a case of beer per person. Not to mention I wouldn't consider driving after getting silly all day...

Bazzinga
02-07-2010, 12:44 AM
what R u,,,40 years--50 years?? we're young people, we could handle a entire weekend of music and party without sleep! so don't be an assholes and let's blow the f valley!

JelloPuddingChat
02-07-2010, 01:04 AM
i dont camp at the coachella campsite because u cant cook, drink

Check the FAQ. You can now bring 1 case of beer per person. Although I'm not sure if that case is restricted to a 12 pack or what. PF?

Edit: Nevermind that was already mentioned. Although I'd still like to know the quantity restriction on a case of beer.

IRSCOTT
02-07-2010, 01:07 AM
If your not sleeping for 3 days straight you should lay down the glass man. that sun can wake you up real early...

IRSCOTT
02-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Check the FAQ. You can now bring 1 case of beer per person. Although I'm not sure if that case is restricted to a 12 pack or what. PF?

Edit: Nevermind that was already mentioned. Although I'd still like to know the quantity restriction on a case of beer.

I'm banking a 36ers will count =) if nota trip to the store no?

bustamante.chase
02-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Stooooooooookkkkkeeeed

L_gic
02-10-2010, 09:32 AM
i made the mistake of taking the drive back to LA after saturdays showing last year = not a fun drive. look forward to this camping im hearing so much about/ events afterwards

akbez
02-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm so excited! Last year I went to bonnaroo and was worried that Coachella would have the same night life experience! I'm super stoked I can't wait to party all night!!!! Pretty Lights will probably go over their set time limit they have the last three times I've seen them!

Another User Name
02-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm banking a 36ers will count =) if nota trip to the store no?

only found out you can only beer at designated areas? that sucks big time.
whats the problem with having a beer and watchin' a band?

blueskies
02-15-2010, 09:44 PM
only found out you can only beer at designated areas? that sucks big time.
whats the problem with having a beer and watchin' a band?

Sadly, since the show itself is only 18+ and the drinking age in the US is 21, beer gardens are a given.

Aleka
02-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Be aware most people agree the dome sucks... No name DJs spinning dubstep. Its not like Benny Benassi is goin to play a late night set in the dome or anything.

bring on the underground