PDA

View Full Version : GaGa

steve7268
02-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Before subjecting you to the crap below, I will ask that you pay attention only to the visual aspect of this live performance. I'm not sure how many DJs or electronic artists have anything even close to this, but i think it's completely unfair that all this money and production quality is being wasted on her. She doesn't even look like she really wants to be there and she sings less than half the time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NZXf7x3DTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NZXf7x3DTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jamesc2929
02-05-2010, 01:03 AM
She's a joke.
Useless music at its finest.

DFrank
02-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Being wasted? I'm pretty sure there is a reason why they have so much money to put into her live performances. Or do you think that 'Pretty Lights' should get 20 dancers + cube + giant LED screens?

Jremy
02-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, she obviously cannot sing.
But I'm not afraid to say I dig a few of her songs. Furthermore, I love her image. Like it or not she's officially the new queen of pop.

Oh pop music, you continue to fascinate me...

elChurro
02-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Music for the masses (insert coachella headliners)

I too noticed the dead look in gaga's eyes whenever she is interviewed, its as if she was put up to doing what she does in order to sell, just like the peas. You can find video of her early years on youtube, and not once does she look like a NYC drag queen. (which she stole all her ideas from)

she could use a dance choreographer too if she plans on being the so called queen of pop.

beavington
02-05-2010, 06:45 AM
But I'm not afraid to say I dig a few of her songs. Furthermore, I love her image. Like it or not she's officially the new queen of pop.

i dont think you can dub someone the queen of pop with one album.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Hey! Where are my keys? I lost my phone!

joppy-slow
02-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Hey! Where are my keys? I lost my phone!

It will be ok... da da da da da da

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
I love her so much. :pulse :pulse :pulse

steve7268
02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
she could use a dance choreographer too if she plans on being the so called queen of pop.

This was the biggest thing that i noticed from other videos. She just goes through the motions. Say what you want about Brittany, but in her prime she got really into what she was doing.

Or maybe that's part of the Gaga mystique? Maybe it's a reflection of the overstimulated, unmotivated youth in our society? "*monotone voice* i'm the most famous singer in the country... f m l."

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 08:22 AM
JUst watched the youtube. The spectacle of her show is entertaining, but I hate that pop stars like her have so much going on with the dancing and costumes and props that they feel they can't sing it all live. She sings along to the backing track at the beginning of the song and then gives up half-way through, devolving into shout-outs to Chicago and occasionally belting out a musical phrase here and there. See, I really like her voice and would like to hear it live. (She hasn't come here yet though)

mickflyy
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
no!

CellarOwl
02-05-2010, 08:39 AM
JUst watched the youtube. The spectacle of her show is entertaining, but I hate that pop stars like her have so much going on with the dancing and costumes and props that they feel they can't sing it all live. She sings along to the backing track at the beginning of the song and then gives up half-way through, devolving into shout-outs to Chicago and occasionally belting out a musical phrase here and there. See, I really like her voice and would like to hear it live. (She hasn't come here yet though)

I think calling events like these 'concerts' is a bit of a misnomer and that's where the problem lies. It's more akin to Disney On Ice for the older, faux-freaky deaky set.

brfilora
02-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Oh man...this video really brings back memories.

I took WAY too much acid before that concert

juloxx
02-05-2010, 09:28 AM
^I dunno whats worse, the fact that you went to Lady Gaga concert or the fact that you decided to fry at a Lady Gaga concert.

Granted those visuals are amazing.... you are still a bitch though

bluemamba
02-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Looks like an awesome set up she has. I listened to Hot Chip "I Feel Better" while watching that video on mute. Not bad.

bluemamba
02-05-2010, 09:29 AM
^I dunno whats worse, the fact that you went to Lady Gaga concert or the fact that you decided to fry at a Lady Gaga concert.

Granted those visuals are amazing.... you are still a bitch though

Lol!

Chelaw
02-05-2010, 09:37 AM
holy crap that stage is amazing. i agree with her singing half the time but i would enjoy eating drugs and attending her lightshow LED wall spectacle. whatever.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Oh man...this video really brings back memories.

I took WAY too much acid before that concert
:cat

infusedradio
02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Lady CaCa

elbrycen
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
but she has a keytar! cmon thats rad. when did britney ever play a keytar?

mickflyy
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Lady CaCa

hey dont be saying "caca" man

Eliwood
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM

I have to disagree with your statement that she cannot sing. Like, I guess you can say that but it would have to be your own opinion. Now I'm not saying shes like OMGBESTSINGEREVER but hey if you can earn your way onto the stage with Elton John at the Grammys, you have got to have some vocal talent no?

juloxx
02-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I have to disagree with your statement that she cannot sing. Like, I guess you can say that but it would have to be your own opinion. Now I'm not saying shes like OMGBESTSINGEREVER but hey if you can earn your way onto the stage with Elton John at the Grammys, you have got to have some vocal talent no?

I have to disagree with your statement calling a he a she.

Eliwood
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM

You mean people still debate over this?

StegoDee
02-05-2010, 10:16 PM

Some, yes. I can say that I have slightly more respect for GaGa (slightly, mind you) than I do Britney. In addition to the keytar, she at least writes and actually sings her own crappy pop songs, which are admittedly, quite catchy. I don't, however, think a few catchy singles and badass stage production makes her festival material - at least not in the States. I'm not going to jump on the whole "If you listen to Lady GaGa, you're taking away from musicians who deserve the attention" bandwagon, but hell, if she's made it this far, you might as well just ignore her and let her do her thing for a while...pop stars have been at this for a while. I don't consider her a threat.

wstsidela
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
NO NO

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
she's what is referred to as a butter face, im down.

ErikFlyingV
02-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I went to Lady Gaga with my girlfriend, and I actually enjoyed it a lot.

But I don't think she would work for Coachella, it just dosn't really fit with the whole weekend. But as a one time experience, it was entertaining.

juloxx
02-06-2010, 12:31 AM
So you probably came out of the closet that same night. Wonder how your "girlfriend" reacted to that.

steve7268
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
So you probably came out of the closet that same night. Wonder how your "girlfriend" reacted to that.

You are either really young or really gay (whether you know or not), not that there is anything wrong with either of these two things but your shtick is so worn out, and i'm not really even on here that much.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:15 AM

By this rationale, Eminem can sing. Which I suppose is true in the sense that he can rap. But I don't think it means you can "sing."

bluemamba
02-06-2010, 10:47 AM

http://www.hiphoprx.com/content/uploads/2009/08/lady-gaga-hermaphrodite-photos.jpg

indiekid89
02-06-2010, 12:08 PM
http://gagadaily.com/gallery/albums/a-shows/grammy10/performance/17.jpg

StegoDee
02-06-2010, 12:11 PM
^ Holy crap, she looks a lot like Marilyn Manson in that picture.

ErikFlyingV
02-06-2010, 12:31 PM

Damn man you're hilarious. You really got me there.

sonnyboy11
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
By this rationale, Eminem can sing. Which I suppose is true in the sense that he can rap. But I don't think it means you can "sing."

She sings fine. Better than Madonna. And that's who I equate her to. She has pleasant intonation and a tone that sets her apart from 99% of other caucasion, female singers. Don't like it? Too bad, cause she's here to stay. And while I may sound like a fan, I'm not really. I just don't get the hate.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
She sings fine. Better than Madonna. And that's who I equate her to. She has pleasant intonation and a tone that sets her apart from 99% of other caucasion, female singers. Don't like it? Too bad, cause she's here to stay. And while I may sound like a fan, I'm not really. I just don't get the hate.

I think it might be a bit premature to start issuing all kinds of "she's here to stay" declarations. She sings like she's underwater in most songs. I have yet to hear a song of her's that's actually popular where you can hear a fucking shred of her real voice over all the vocoder and auto-tune.

sonnyboy11
02-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I think it might be a bit premature to start issuing all kinds of "she's here to stay" declarations. She sings like she's underwater in most songs. I have yet to hear a song of her's that's actually popular where you can hear a fucking shred of her real voice over all the vocoder and auto-tune.

Like I said I am no big fan. And is she really all that bad? I don't think so. I didn't think Madonna was all that bad singing-wise either and... wait, strike that- Madonna is an awful singer. Ga Ga is definitely a better singer than Madonna. And Madonna has been around forever. So yea, Ga Ga is going to be around for a while. She is actually pretty interesting. Otherwise you and I would not be talking about her.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:02 PM
People talked a lot about Britney Spears too, didn't mean she was necessarily "interesting." Being popular will get you talked about.

I 100 percent disagree about her being a better singer than Madonna. Some Madonna songs are actually enjoyable.

HunterGather
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
She's a joke.
Useless music at its finest.

http://pics.livejournal.com/elschmo/pic/00102687

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:10 PM
People talked a lot about Britney Spears too, didn't mean she was necessarily "interesting." Being popular will get you talked about.

I 100 percent disagree about her being a better singer than Madonna. Some Madonna songs are actually enjoyable.

The argument isnt about enjoyability of the songs. Madonna is not a great singer. I dont know who I would say is better. We should merge this thread with the other Gaga one. Or at least delete the bullshit on the first page.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Madonna is a mediocre singer who sings like a mediocre singer. It works because she doesn't overextend herself. Gaga is a mediocre singer who thinks she's a real singer and just looks silly. Also she's drowned in vocoder.

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:13 PM
The kids love vocoder.

Vuh vuh vuh vuh vuh vuh vocoder face.

HunterGather
02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
The Fame Monster is awesome

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM
The kids hate singing.

sonnyboy11
02-06-2010, 10:17 PM

Agreed. Just the hype is enough. And also agree Madonna has a few catchy songs (Holiday). As for the Britney/Ga Ga comparison, look at the final product a bit. Britney was ex-Mouse-kateer, had a great butt, not an awful voice and some decent songwriters (at least ones who understood her demographic), producers and marketing. Ga Ga has all those things too (ok maybe not as good an ass), except she seems to me a LOT more interesting as a persona. Ga Ga is an Adult Swim cartoon character whereas Britney started off as a Sat morning kiddie cartoon that later got quite boring.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Gaga is an outfit. I don't see why wacky clothes make someone interesting. As far as I'm concerned, they're generally proof positive that there is nothing interesting whatsoever going on inside those clothes.

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Madonna has a few catchy songs?

HunterGather
02-06-2010, 10:20 PM
She has alot of catchy songs.

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
She has a lot of catchy songs.

Quite.

I find how reactionary people are to Lady Gaga to be interesting. The response she provokes is always pretty drastic no matter what the response is.

sonnyboy11
02-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Madonna has a few catchy songs?

Ok, she's a genius! Sheesh, whattaya want? All these girls are manufactured. Madonna deserves some credit for her staying power. But I am not going beyond that. Talent? She can't sing even a fraction as well as someone like Faith Hill (yea, I said that).

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Christina can sing.

betao
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I can not stand her song "Just Dance". Apparently, that's what everyone at my university is in to right now.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Quite.

I find how reactionary people are to Lady Gaga to be interesting. The response she provokes is always pretty drastic no matter what the response is.

I personally only really get involved when I see people saying things I find insane like, "You HAVE to admit she's talented," or "I don't understand why people hate her."

Like, fucking seriously? There are people who can't fathom how she could be viewed as essentially talentless and annoying? Really? Even if you personally like her. Shit, I kinda liked the first two or three Britney singles. I wasn't surprised in the least when people wanted to cut her head off.

HunterGather
02-06-2010, 10:26 PM
HZjGQybtqws

sonnyboy11
02-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Christina can sing.

Agreed. Not sure why she has not had a better go of it. Not that she's not popular. But what she lacks is personality, which someone like Madonna has in droves. Ga Ga has that going for her too, I think, if she can get past the weight of the hype.

/damn, I am sounding like a fan...

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
I find Gaga to be a different story. Musically it's very similar as well as sonically (to the other girls), but I like the involvement LG has with her music and the show. She is a trained musician and writes her songs. Not all of the other girls in this genre can say the same thing. I dont think that discounts them though. I thought Britney's 2007 release Blackout was fantastic as far as pop records go, and my appreciation for Madonna isn't really anything I am ashamed of. I think there is some truth to the hype with LG. I dont think she is breaking barriers or forging new musical ground, but she is good at what she does. Talentless? There has to be talent in there somewhere to be playing on the Grammys or selling out a tour that makes multiple stops in each city.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Talentless? There has to be talent in there somewhere to be playing on the Grammys or selling out a tour that makes multiple stops in each city.

Once again, popularity does not equate to talent. Plenty of people write their own songs. Nickleback writes their own fucking songs. How fucking low does the bar get?

juloxx
02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
There does not have to be any fucking talent involved with getting a grammy. If talent was involved than LMFAO wouldnt be nominated for shit.
Relapse was nominated for best hip-hop album..... I am a huge Eminem fan but wtf. That album was not absolute shit, but in no way was "grammy worthy". Grammy's are just another excuse to gather as many celebrities as possible into one room and for majore record labels to push their records for more publicity.

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Agreed. Not sure why she has not had a better go of it. Not that she's not popular. But what she lacks is personality, which someone like Madonna has in droves. Ga Ga has that going for her too, I think, if she can get past the weight of the hype.

/damn, I am sounding like a fan...

Her albums weren't that strong. She took a pretty hard left turn with her second release (Stripped) and I dont think fans were really ready for that yet. Especially when they still had the first one to listen to as well as Justin's first release which came out the same year as Stripped. If people wanted the pop sound they were able to get it elsewhere. Her last album Back to Basics was a lot of fun but spanned two discs which I thought was a mistake. The second disc was all pretty bad but the first disc was great pop music. That was the album that had Aint No Other Man.

hawkingvsreeve
02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I was just using the Grammys as an example of other people buying into what she is selling. Yes we pretty much all agree that Nickelback suck shit. But the millions of people who purchased their album would disagree. They dont let anyone play on the Grammys, otherwise Randy and I would be up there playing dance rock versions of his favorite Interpol songs. There is something there, it's just either not for you or you can't see it.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 10:50 PM
I was just using the Grammys as an example of other people buying into what she is selling. Yes we pretty much all agree that Nickelback suck shit. But the millions of people who purchased their album would disagree. They dont let anyone play on the Grammys, otherwise Randy and I would be up there playing dance rock versions of his favorite Interpol songs. There is something there, it's just either not for you or you can't see it.

Don't just regress into equalitarianism. Just because Nickleback fans think they're good doesn't change the fact that they're talentless. Shit, the fact that I liked some Britney Spears songs didn't change the fact that she was talentless. Stop pussying out of your convictions.

Some day Brando, some day... we WILL karaoke Interpol at the Grammys.

HunterGather
02-06-2010, 10:52 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2qsb5es.gif

J~$$$$
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
(RAH) (AH) + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA) + OOH(LA) = BR

hawkingvsreeve
02-08-2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.viruete.com/victimas_del_guion/vg-jp.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
So I'm watching GaGa on Palladia right now and she is playing that Paparazzi song. Have we discussed how this song has a melody from Berlin's "Take My Breath Away" in it? She borrows quite frequently. She struggles vocally live as well.

Gribbz
02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.viruete.com/victimas_del_guion/vg-jp.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DJArcLight/1cd1b029.jpg