PDA

View Full Version : Daft Punk vs. Orbital

seriouslypeople
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Even thought Orbital has not played, my friend and I are already at opposite ends regarding who is going to be the better act.

Daft Punk 2006 or Orbital 2010????

Please settle this for us.

Our friendship might not last beyond April 18th ;)

LunaVC
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
DP

The End.

Monklish
02-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Orbital sucks dude.

shanx
02-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Orbital sucks dude.

that's asinine.

orbital is a staple of electronic music. don't be a dooshbag.

brando4n82
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Orbital sucks dude.

:nono:emo

Bud Luster
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
DP sucks too, but at least they know it.

Egull
02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Daft Punk. No Question.

boarderwoozel3
02-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Or you can wait until after the show to make a decision for yourself rather than relying on people whose biases and knowledge of either group are unknown.

D Roz
02-04-2010, 05:18 PM
im going to have to say orbital on this one

Grant
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
In terms of live show, Daft Punk.

In terms of musical ability, Orbital.

frazzles
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Homework was the first album I ever bought. Brown Album was the second...

With that, Orbital>Daft Punk for me.

phonographer
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
:daft

Orbital is awesome too though.

weezy f baby
Tool vs. Radiohead

Distorted_Jungle
that's asinine.

Douchebag

To answer the question though, Daft Punk is the better act hands down. I actually think Orbital makes shitty music, but that's because it's just not my style so my opinion is completely biased.

ELECtROjan
02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Daft Punk will be back.... Orbital probably wont

HAMMERHEAD
02-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Daft Punk by light years. I'm justtt starting to understand Orbital and that's after a long time of thinking they flat out sucked. Either way I don't think Orbital can produce the same kind of intensity of a DP set.

mickflyy
02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
i guess you would have to wait and see

juloxx
02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
This I cannot understand. How can you think an artist that was featured on the Mortal Kombat soundtrack is shitty?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ENMnG2BaTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ENMnG2BaTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

First song/electronic song that I remember getting buck too. Was in this scene right here.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIe3k0R3Gjg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIe3k0R3Gjg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WhyTheLongFace
02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
A better question is who will be the better Act: Daft Punk or Gorillaz

mickflyy
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
halcyon is a classic track i listened to over and over when it first came out

GnarVee
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
DAFT PUNK > ANYTHING

BaronBedros
02-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Impossible question to answer at the moment. However, if Orbital even stands a chance in this argument they will have to put on the best show they have ever performed in their lives....and even better than that! That DP set in '06 was one of the most amazing sets ive ever witnessed in my life! I listened to the live recording of it probably 1000 times after. I hope theyll even make it a relevant discussion, cuz we all are the winners if thats the case!

marleybooger
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Daft Punk hands down has one of the greatest live acts around. Orbital has their crowd but i just dont see what people see in them. if someone can suggest to me 5 of their most kickass songs then ill shutup. but until then i stand strong on my daft punk view.

Monklish
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
that's asinine.

Lots of things that suck are a staple of electronic music.

Distorted_Jungle
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ENMnG2BaTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ENMnG2BaTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

First song/electronic song that I remember getting buck too. Was in this scene right here.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIe3k0R3Gjg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIe3k0R3Gjg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That song was also in CKY2K, it's a cool song but liking a couple songs from someone doesn't mean i will like a set. I've tried listening to longer clips of them live and it just wasn't anything i was interested in. I don't like Underworld either, is that a shocker too?

Foucault
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Both are excellent, why try to claim one over the other? DF's 2006 performance was by any measure legendary; I don't expect Orbital to bring a pyramid or anything, but I expect it'll easily be one of the weekend's highlights.

Distorted_Jungle
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM

This question seems more logical, Orbital isn't a musical/visual performance so i don't think they can live up to the spectacle that Daft Punk came with.

juloxx
02-04-2010, 08:04 PM
That song was also in CKY2K, it's a cool song but liking a couple songs from someone doesn't mean i will like a set. I've tried listening to longer clips of them live and it just wasn't anything i was interested in. I don't like Underworld either, is that a shocker too?

Too be honest thats the only song I know by Orbital, and I dont really know anything by Underworld neither. I mean I peeped some songs from Underworld off the itunes but 30 second samples werent enough to get a feel for them. Wasnt impressed though

Monklish
02-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Underworld is about a million times better than Orbital.

L5fZawx5SoU

WhyTheLongFace
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM

Underworld>>>>>>>>Orbital

malcolmjamalawesome
02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
FUCK
R3PNbp1pl1U

BlackSwan
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
This is pretty accurate. Debate.. over.

DFrank
02-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes. Lets please end this.

And i've never really understood Orbital. Not mah thing.

Bazzinga
02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
The Daft Punk "Alive 2007" is going to be one of the things that we would send to the aliens so they won't destroy us!

Just Daft punk!

shanx
02-04-2010, 09:46 PM
"i don't understand orbital." fair enough

this argument is dumb. i saw daft punk in a dilapidated roller rink on the southside of chicago the same year i saw orbital on a large US tour circa 1997.

THE ONLY thing that DP and orbital have in common will be a common understanding/respect for these artists as a result of as they've progressed and developed electronic music culture from inception --> now.

therefore statements like "orbital sucks" are basically super dooshie.

FoxeyLady
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
If I had to choose... Daft Punk.

Foucault
02-04-2010, 11:08 PM
The Daft Punk "Alive 2007" is going to be one of the things that we would send to the aliens so they won't destroy us!

Just Daft punk!

I love Orbital, but I agree with this -- "Alive 2007" along with mole sauce and humans will win a reprieve.

Foucault
02-04-2010, 11:08 PM
"i don't understand orbital." fair enough

this argument is dumb. i saw daft punk in a dilapidated roller rink on the southside of chicago the same year i saw orbital on a large US tour circa 1997.

THE ONLY thing that DP and orbital have in common will be a common understanding/respect for these artists as a result of as they've progressed and developed electronic music culture from inception --> now.

therefore statements like "orbital sucks" are basically super dooshie.

Speak truth to the dooshes...

rasooli
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
ORBITAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DAFT PUNK

oceansc420
02-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Alive 2007 was the greatest electronic show ever put on, period, end of argument. Musically, I've never seen a crowd react they way they did to the mix they put together for that show (this was before everything was on YouTube). The visual aspect of the show goes without saying. It was simply the kind of show where everyone, including fans from the Homework-era to the present and people who had never listened to electronic music walked away equally awed and amazed. I don't think there will be an electronic show put on of that magnitude and spectacle for a long, long time (perhaps if they withhold touring for another 10 years and come back). People forget that part of what made that show so special was the mystery surrounding what the two dudes were actually going to look like, how they would perform, etc. The collective joy that they were able to infuse the crowd with was intense (though drugs helped). It was more than just a concert; more along the lines of an electronica theater production.

With that said, Orbital makes some great electronic music and I can see it being a great show to see for people who are into electronic music (myself included), but their music, brand (name, whatever), simply doesn't have the capacity to pull something off on the level that DP did. Just judging off the videos floating around Youtube of them performing in the past year, the show they're touring sounds great, but to compare it to the Alive tour is just silly. Either way, I will be enjoying the shit out of their set

Orbitrix
02-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Alive 2007 was the greatest electronic show ever put on, period, end of argument. Musically, I've never seen a crowd react they way they did to the mix they put together for that show (this was before everything was on YouTube). The visual aspect of the show goes without saying. It was simply the kind of show where everyone, including fans from the Homework-era to the present and people who had never listened to electronic music walked away equally awed and amazed. I don't think there will be an electronic show put on of that magnitude and spectacle for a long, long time (perhaps if they withhold touring for another 10 years and come back). People forget that part of what made that show so special was the mystery surrounding what the two dudes were actually going to look like, how they would perform, etc. The collective joy that they were able to infuse the crowd with was intense (though drugs helped). It was more than just a concert; more along the lines of an electronica theater production.

With that said, Orbital makes some great electronic music and I can see it being a great show to see for people who are into electronic music (myself included), but their music, brand (name, whatever), simply doesn't have the capacity to pull something off on the level that DP did. Just judging off the videos floating around Youtube of them performing in the past year, the show they're touring sounds great, but to compare it to the Alive tour is just silly. Either way, I will be enjoying the shit out of their set

well put. I can understand how some people think orbital comes off as a bit "90's cheesey" but if you grew up in the 90's.... liked Mortal Kombat or video games in general at all... or have any respect for the influences of so many of todays electronic acts, i don't see how you cant absolutely love Orbital and what they've done. I can understand the under 20 crowd might not click w/ orbital. but if you're 20+ and like electronic music even just a little bit... u have no excuse beyond pure ignorance

may i suggest: "Otono" off The Middle of Nowhere and "Are We Here?" off Snivilization for any non believers.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 03:17 AM
well put. I can understand how some people think orbital comes off as a bit "90's cheesey" but if you grew up in the 90's.... liked Mortal Kombat or video games in general at all... or have any respect for the influences of so many of todays electronic acts, i don't see how you cant absolutely love Orbital and what they've done. I can understand the under 20 crowd might not click w/ orbital. but if you're 20+ and like electronic music even just a little bit... u have no excuse beyond pure ignorance

may i suggest: "Otono" off The Middle of Nowhere and "Are We Here?" off Snivilization for any non believers.

I'm well over 20, and I was around for the 90s rave scene, and I have a total excuse--Orbital is fluffy ****** shit. There's no fucking bass, it's a bunch of goddamn angel sounds and absurdly long intros.

Orbitrix
02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm well over 20, and I was around for the 90s rave scene, and I have a total excuse--Orbital is fluffy ****** shit. There's no fucking bass, it's a bunch of goddamn angel sounds and absurdly long intros.

:( o, yea, i guess ur right

truths
02-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Homework was a sick album for me... Listened to that shit in elementary school.

What the fuck is an Orbital and what is this bandwagon?

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 07:08 AM

Mortal Kombat. Come on, man. Get it together.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Seriously. If you liked Mortal Kombat you would have liked Orbital? How about it was a shit game and a shit movie to go with a shit act?

BlackSwan
02-05-2010, 07:13 AM
FIGHT!

alex gardner
02-05-2010, 07:15 AM
it was a shit game

incorrect. mortal kombat was an amazing game.

and a shit movie

correct.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 07:16 AM

THIS

I love them both for different reasons.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 07:17 AM
This Mortal Combat discussion is flat out retarded. It is irrelevant to the conversation at hand and should have never been brought up.

Now then, if this is a discussion of who is a better live act, most everyone here has never seen Orbital live. At best, they have listened to a live recording from them. While this might give a glimpse of what to expect, it does not paint a complete picture. To judge before that will only show your prejudice one way or another. What the fuck is the point of that?

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Daft Punk by light years. I'm justtt starting to understand Orbital and that's after a long time of thinking they flat out sucked. Either way I don't think Orbital can produce the same kind of intensity of a DP set.

Having seen them both, Orbital can produce intensity, they can hold their own.

They have headlined Glasto.

The fans and crowds seem to deem them anything but shitty.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Orbital is much more interesting musically; I have not seen Orbital's stage show yet, but I'm not sure if DP's stage show can be beat.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Underworld is about a million times better than Orbital.

L5fZawx5SoU

Again I love both acts in question, but I totally agree here. For me Underworld is better than Daft even... (in terms of music)

Their live show is usually fantastic.

Leeartlee
Daft Punk will be back.... Orbital probably wont

What are you implying with this comment?

alex gardner
This Mortal Combat discussion is flat out retarded. It is irrelevant to the conversation at hand and should have never been brought up.

Now then, if this is a discussion of who is a better live act, most everyone here has never seen Orbital live. At best, they have listened to a live recording from them. While this might give a glimpse of what to expect, it does not paint a complete picture. To judge before that will only show your prejudice one way or another. What the fuck is the point of that?

it's mortal kombat, not combat, don't disrespect the game.

you're right, let's discuss what live show is better: one that already happened, and one that hasn't happened yet.

no wonder people started talking about mortal kombat.

juloxx
How about it was mater-peace of a movie

Corrected

This Mortal Combat discussion is flat out retarded.

There is never a wrong time to bring up Mortal Kombat. You are retarded.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
So basically, if you bring a gimmicky stage production with music you've shameless plagiarized, you've already got the competition beat. Sound logic.

alex gardner
02-05-2010, 07:26 AM
So basically, if you bring a gimmicky stage production with music you've shameless plagiarized, you've already got the competition beat. Sound logic.

welcome to the coachella message board, this awe inspiring logic has been present since day one.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Trust me.

This was an amazing show.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2573/3877296852_e82b3517e4.jpg

also had Lo-Fidelity All Stars and Josh Wink on the bill.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 07:30 AM
There is never a wrong time to bring up Mortal Kombat. You are retarded.

I by no means was trying to disrespect Mortal Kombat. I spent many a afternoon at a local arcade handing 20-year-olds their asses when I was a kid. On the contrary, I don't want to drag Mortal Combat into this shit bag of a debate.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Orbital is much more interesting musically; I have not seen Orbital's stage show yet, but I'm not sure if DP's stage show can be beat.

QFT

betao
02-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Being better than DP musically is really not THAT hard of a feat.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Being better than DP musically is really not THAT hard of a feat.

This is why this discussion irks me so much. Lumping these two together doesn't make much sense. As far as shock and awe is concerned, no, Orbital is not going to match DP. So if that's what you'll be looking for, you will be disappointed.

juloxx
02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
I by no means was trying to disrespect Mortal Kombat. I spent many a afternoon at a local arcade handing 20-year-olds their asses when I was a kid. On the contrary, I don't want to drag Mortal Combat into this shit bag of a debate.

I approve, you have my blessings.

betao
02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
And the only thing Daft really has going for its live show is the mixing, which is pretty creative. (television rules the nation/around the world, for ex)

The pyramid is just an overproduced lightshow that often overshadows the mixing, thus alot people walk away thinking OMG PYRAMID HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT. Yeah, it's a light show. That's about it. Also, due to the big production, it calls for pretty much the same setlist every night. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does greatly limit the amount of improv you can do (something that both Orbital and UW do feature in their shows). And the improv that you have the potential to pull of is way more talented and respected than a light show.

betao
02-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Also, randy, I can't understand how you can call Orbital's "Halcyon" faggotry and not think "One More Time" isn't. (I may be wrong though, maybe you do think its faggotry as well.)

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 07:45 AM
I'd go see UW first - then DP - then Orbital - then Chemical Brothers.

But that's just me, and I've seen each of these acts at least twice.

Underworld has the rare ability to connect with the audience thru Karl's dancing/vocals/interaction...etc. For me, its that feeling I get by watching him get into his music. There's just a lot more going on from a "human" standpoint. Rick stands behind the boards of course.

Daft, Chems, and Orbital all stand behind the boards, and apart from the rare fist pump, they're too busy mixing.

It's just differences, they're all good.

chrisreyes2787
02-05-2010, 07:53 AM
i gotta see this!. some up beat music would be good!

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Also, randy, I can't understand how you can call Orbital's "Halcyon" faggotry and not think "One More Time" isn't. (I may be wrong though, maybe you do think its faggotry as well.)

BOOM! Roasted.

Now this is the TRUTH

Monklish
02-05-2010, 07:57 AM
And the only thing Daft really has going for its live show is the mixing, which is pretty creative. (television rules the nation/around the world, for ex)

The pyramid is just an overproduced lightshow that often overshadows the mixing, thus alot people walk away thinking OMG PYRAMID HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT. Yeah, it's a light show. That's about it. Also, due to the big production, it calls for pretty much the same setlist every night. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does greatly limit the amount of improv you can do (something that both Orbital and UW do feature in their shows). And the improv that you have the potential to pull of is way more talented and respected than a light show.

To call it just a light show is really doing it a disservice. It was a carefully composed united audio visual display. It didn't just limit the amount of improv they could do--there was no fucking improv. All they did at best was tweak the volume levels on select tracks. That's it. And you know what? Fuck improv. Because they took the time to map out a perfect set ahead of time. Their music sucks on album. That set--both musically and visually--was fucking flawless.

Of course it's faggotry. It's possibly the most faggoty thing ever. I hate that fucking song. And yet they made it work. Although I still can't listen to it even on the bootleg until the guitar-style breakdown.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 07:58 AM
BOOM! Roasted.

Now this is the TRUTH

Now watch him try and untangle himself from this

Edit: already happened

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2010, 08:36 AM
To call it just a light show is really doing it a disservice. It was a carefully composed united audio visual display. It didn't just limit the amount of improv they could do--there was no fucking improv. All they did at best was tweak the volume levels on select tracks. That's it. And you know what? Fuck improv. Because they took the time to map out a perfect set ahead of time. Their music sucks on album. That set--both musically and visually--was fucking flawless.

Of course it's faggotry. It's possibly the most faggoty thing ever. I hate that fucking song. And yet they made it work. Although I still can't listen to it even on the bootleg until the guitar-style breakdown.

I love Daft Punks production albums, but other than your hate toward that in this statement i completely agree. The mixing of the tracks durring Daft Punks set was perfection, with a visual display that gradually built up perfect with the music to make it the full on audio and visual show that has yet to be touched.

seriouslypeople
02-05-2010, 09:16 AM
wow. controversy.
i guess dp wins, from all the responses....i will just have to hang my head down in shame and ask my friend for forgiveness.

still....orbital danceparty closing out the festival is going to be AWEEEESOOOOMEEEE!

SEE YOU IN APRIL.

oceansc420
02-05-2010, 09:21 AM
it's a bunch of goddamn angel sounds.

This, I hate to admit, is one of the few times that Monklish actually made me laugh.

menikmati
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
united audio visual display? hahaha

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2010, 10:23 AM
wow. controversy.
i guess dp wins, from all the responses....i will just have to hang my head down in shame and ask my friend for forgiveness.

still....orbital danceparty closing out the festival is going to be AWEEEESOOOOMEEEE!

SEE YOU IN APRIL.

I'm actually expecting Infected Mushroom to close out on Sunday, but if you are right i think a lot of people will be mad about the conflict with Gorillaz.

myelectrolife
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Daft Punk>Orbital

Although Daft Punk would be a super sick party set. I think i will come away from the Gorillaz set being more satisfied as a whole. The stage show of Gorillaz in combination with all the collaboration will be mind blowing. There's going to be at least 20 musicians and singers on stage at a time. :eek:

menikmati
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
How many of you Daft Punk "fanatics" would actually care about them if they never did the pyramid? I'm guessing zero.

mickflyy
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
How many of you Daft Punk "fanatics" would actually care about them if they never did the pyramid? I'm guessing zero.
I was into daft punk way before i saw them live as for there live show the pyramid was cool but it was by no means the best part of their show

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM

You're right. Know why? Because outside of that version of their songs, they suck.

By comparison, Orbital has never put together a version of their songs that doesn't suck.

Daft Punk 1 Orbital 0

Gribbz
02-05-2010, 11:11 AM

I've played "Alive" for friends who were completely unaware of the "pyramid"... and they fucking loved it.

juloxx
02-05-2010, 11:12 AM
There are still people unaware of They Pyramid?

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh Menik is just actually asking about the lights? Menik always focusing on the lights. Unable to appreciate the talent of top-notch A/V collaboration.

Gribbz
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
There are still people unaware of They Pyramid?

There are people who are unaware of Daft Punk in general.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I agree with the sentiments that 1) Daft Punk's music is pretty boring but 2) their Alive 06-07 Mix and the Pyramid visuals were each triumphs, independently.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Erik, I swear you just like to hate on anything that actually has a beat. It's all too coincidental how you're always there to defend Aphex Twin/Boards Of Canada/Orbital.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
What I don't understand is when dislike of Daft Punk fans that were drawn to Daft Punk solely because of their stage setup translates to dislike of Daft Punk.

menikmati
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Wrong...I like Daft Punk (been a fan for years - long before the pyramid)...my point is that I hate all these new Daft Punk fans, who I'm sure if DP had just shown up with no pyramid and instead just a couple laptops and a mixer on a table, they wouldn't give two shits about them.

Gribbz
02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Vampire Weekend could have a light pyramid and their music would still suck balls.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Wrong...I like Daft Punk (been a fan for years - long before the pyramid)...my point is that I hate all these new Daft Punk fans, who I'm sure if DP had just shown up with no pyramid and instead just a couple laptops and a mixer on a table, they wouldn't give two shits about them.

It seems to me that it's a silly point to make. There's nothing to base that on. Nothing they had done prior actually sounded like what they did in 06. Surely not their Alive 97 sets. Sounded fucking nothing like it except for still being house. I don't understand why you have such a beef against people for appreciating something that Daft went to such tremendous lengths to craft.

They made it that way for this reason, dude. Don't fucking blame the fans for reacting to their work exactly the way they'd hoped. That's called being a fucking asshole.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Vampire Weekend could have a light pyramid and their music would still suck balls.

It's not that DP music doesn't hold its own, it's that it was spoon fed to clueless people because there was flashing lights attached to a geometric shape.

malcolmjamalawesome

I think this is reasonable. Though I think there's also a question of how you determine which fans became fans because of the live tour solely because of the aesthetics of it and which fans, in my mind justifiably, became fans because it was such a fantastic live set/mix they created for the Alive 06-07 tour.

Monklish
It's not that DP music doesn't hold its own, it's that it was spoon fed to clueless people because there was flashing lights attached to a geometric shape.

Again, that's a fucking idiotic thing to say. Your assertion is those people are dumb for liking music that you like.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
It seems to me that it's a silly point to make. There's nothing to base that on. Nothing they had done prior actually sounded like what they did in 06. Surely not their Alive 97 sets. Sounded fucking nothing like it except for still being house. I don't understand why you have such a beef against people for appreciating something that Daft went to such tremendous lengths to craft.

They made it that way for this reason, dude. Don't fucking blame the fans for reacting to their work exactly the way they'd hoped. That's called being a fucking asshole.

Erik is a grump. Let him flourish.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Well it's a bit irritating to be snorted at for appreciating what the robot boys worked so hard to create. It's not like we're talking about fucking Roger Waters here.

EDIT: It's just EDM hipsterdom, pure and simple. Pat yourselves on the back for liking them before the pyramid a little more. Except the reason I didn't like them before it is because they sucked. You were a big fan of absolute crap prior to the pyramid, and now that you actually have something good to be a fan of you have to find something to complain about.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Again, that's a fucking idiotic thing to say. Your assertion is those people are dumb for liking music that you like.

You think that their stage production didn't draw in additional people? It's not a new idea. Kiss did the same thing in the 70's. And I'm not comparing the music at all, but there live stage theatrics had a large influence on both of their touring successes.

I don't mind new fans, just not for the wrong reasons.

BlackSwan
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Has anyone been keeping track of the number of arguments about Daft Punk that have occured on this board? I have a feeling no one is saying anything new right now.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Who are you to decide what the right and wrong reasons are for liking something are?

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
You think that their stage production didn't draw in additional people? It's not a new idea. Kiss did the same thing in the 70's. And I'm not comparing the music at all, but there live stage theatrics had a large influence on both of their touring successes.

I don't mind new fans, just not for the wrong reasons.

I don't see how you can possibly speak to whether or not people were becoming fans of them strictly for the lightshow. It seems absolutely fucking insane to me for you to sit there and say that you really really like that music but that you're certain that a lot of the other people who enjoyed it didn't really enjoy the music and were just into the lights.

It was good music. Why the fuck wouldn't they like it?

malcolmjamalawesome
Has anyone been keeping track of the number of arguments about Daft Punk that have occured on this board? I have a feeling no one is saying anything new right now.

Agreed. Let's shift the focus to Orbital's underwhelming live mixes.

Gribbz
Robot sex.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 11:30 AM

If we only posted original content on this board, you would be able to hear the crickets chirp

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Agreed. Let's stop discussing whether or not the people who liked Daft Punk's awesome set were liking it for the right reasons and instead address why you people are claiming to like Orbital's decidedly not awesome (in fact, bad) sets.

To me, that's way more egregious. I'd rather have kids jizzing themselves over good music with some lights than have to listen to you pricks jack off over this dated faggoty crap.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Daft Punk <> Orbital

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Don't worry guys, a bunch of e-tard kids aren't going to come in here relentlessly blathering about Orbital because of how great their light show is.

Because it isn't. And neither is their other show.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Don't get me wrong ... I hope Orbital knocks my socks off. I just feel like, if they play any of the sets I've been listening to of theirs, it's unlikely that will happen.

Note - I would have said the same thing pre-Daft Punk if all I had to listen to was their Alive 1997 sets.

juloxx
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Daft Punk <> Orbital

http://www.toplessrobot.com/scanners-headexplode.jpg

mickflyy
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
EDIT: It's just EDM hipsterdom, pure and simple. Pat yourselves on the back for liking them before the pyramid a little more. Except the reason I didn't like them before it is because they sucked. You were a big fan of absolute crap prior to the pyramid, and now that you actually have something good to be a fan of you have to find something to complain about.

so let me get this straight a pyramid and a little remixing/mashing up/re editing of tracks takes something from being "absolute crap" to "good"
huh

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
What is the likelihood of people (me) wearing Orbital-style headlights for that set?

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
so let me get this straight a pyramid and a little remixing/mashing up/re editing of tracks takes something from being "absolute crap" to "good"
huh

I think that's the real accomplishment of the live set. They took a ton of tracks that, on their own, "performed" live, had a high likelihood of being underwhelming, and tweaked and mixed them into a product that was greater than the sum of its parts.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Don't get me wrong ... I hope Orbital knocks my socks off. I just feel like, if they play any of the sets I've been listening to of theirs, it's unlikely that will happen.

Note - I would have said the same thing pre-Daft Punk if all I had to listen to was their Alive 1997 sets.

Yeah, probably wouldn't hold my breath. Orbital doesn't rework the material nearly as much as DP does. But that's okay, it is (after all) why we're going to a music festival.

juloxx
02-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Dude, come one. DP does not suck. I always got down to their shit and always will. I may not have any respect for people that became fans of DP after 07 because they are tools that just hopped on the electronic bandwagon... but that isnt gonna make me stop liking their music.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
What is after all why we're going to a music festival?

robcortez1787
02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I go Daft Punk! I've been a fan of them.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I go Daft Punk! I've been a fan of them.

I love your location. SEE YOU SOON.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Are you two related?

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
DP can headline next year after that Tron thing.

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I think that's the real accomplishment of the live set. They took a ton of tracks that, on their own, "performed" live, had a high likelihood of being underwhelming, and tweaked and mixed them into a product that was greater than the sum of its parts.

Definitely agree. Most daft songs wouldn't be anything particularly special on their own but the way they mixed 2-3 album songs per live track was ace.

And I still wish I'd seen that fucking pyramid.

Scary Larry
02-05-2010, 01:05 PM
As far as quality of music, and skill Orbital wins it hands down imo. Daft Punk wins hands down as far as live show (lights and visuals). I have yet to see Orbital live and I have a feeling they may surprise a lot of people live. Very excited to see that. They don't come to the states very often, so this is a treat for sure. Plastikman is the one I am extremely excited about. That is a can't miss for me.

nbvcide
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Even thought Orbital has not played, my friend and I are already at opposite ends regarding who is going to be the better act.

Daft Punk 2006 or Orbital 2010????

Please settle this for us.

whichever one of you thinks Orbital, is the one who's a fuckin moron..

(and i'm gonna ignore all the talk about '06's light show or the nu-fans.. i've never seen the coachella set, but it's one of my favorite bootlegs to listen to & i remember when 'Around The World' was a new radio single, and i also remember Orbital when they played Lollapalooza w/ Korn, Snoop Dogg, Tool, Tricky & the Orb..)

Daft > Orbital

moomoo
02-05-2010, 02:00 PM
whichever one of you thinks Orbital, is the one who's a fuckin moron..

(and i'm gonna ignore all the talk about '06's light show or the nu-fans.. i've never seen the coachella set, but it's one of my favorite bootlegs to listen to & i remember when 'Around The World' was a new radio single, and i also remember Orbital when they played Lollapalooza w/ Korn, Snoop Dogg, Tool, Tricky & the Orb..)

Daft > Orbital

if you're basing it purely on bootlegs alone, then it is obviously subjective. no need to call people fucking morons because they enjoy one bootleg over the other. I can enjoy Orbital at Glastonbury 2004 far much more than I enjoy my recording of Alive...

Monklish
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Everything is subjective. Why do people point out that preference in music is subjective?

moomoo
02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
being the guy who points out obvious subjectivity makes me feel involved and important. like I am contributing when I'm really not.

but really, because it's in pitiful taste to say "whichever one of you thinks Orbital, is the one who's a fuckin moron." he's not even comparing DP's 06 performance or Orbital's 2010 performance, just their music alone. it's your job to tell us how stupid we are for liking Orbital Randy.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
AHA, well you do have a very good point there. Shut the fuck up, Nbv. If these pussies are going to take abuse, they're going to take it from the best. Not some two-bit limp-wristed hack--the smack talk equivalent of Orbital in other words--like yourself.

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
And you even managed to work in an Orbital dig. Credit where credit is due, well played.

erikua
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I was at the 2006 Daft Punk show and while watching it I never thought it would go down as THE SHOWS OF ALL SHOWS! it was great yes, but it seems that will forever be the pinnacle for alot of you folks on this board. It wasn't the mother of all concerts in the history of music. It was just 2 guys in robot suits with a giant pyramid triangle playing amazing dance music. Going on 4 years now, it should be time to move on.

it's still up in the air if I will make it this year, but if I do it will be a combo of Orbital and Gary Numan that get me out to the polo fields. I would not go even if Daft Punk was on the bill.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I was at the 2006 Daft Punk show and while watching it I never thought it would go down as THE SHOWS OF ALL SHOWS! it was great yes, but it seems that will forever be the pinnacle for alot of you folks on this board. It wasn't the mother of all concerts in the history of music. It was just 2 guys in robot suits with a giant pyramid triangle playing amazing dance music. Going on 4 years now, it should be time to move on.

it's still up in the air if I will make it this year, but if I do it will be a combo of Orbital and Gary Numan that get me out to the polo fields. I would not go even if Daft Punk was on the bill.

Orbital and Gary Numan. Yes. That certainly is exciting.

Stay home.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Agreed. Let's stop discussing whether or not the people who liked Daft Punk's awesome set were liking it for the right reasons and instead address why you people are claiming to like Orbital's decidedly not awesome (in fact, bad) sets.

To me, that's way more egregious. I'd rather have kids jizzing themselves over good music with some lights than have to listen to you pricks jack off over this dated faggoty crap.

Orbital are good live - I have seen them - end of thread.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 02:51 PM
You like a lot of absolutely unmusical crap, C Dub.

erikua
02-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Orbital and Gary Numan. Yes. That certainly is exciting.

Stay home.

it's all a matter of taste bud

Monklish
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
if you're basing it purely on bootlegs alone, then it is obviously subjective. no need to call people fucking morons because they enjoy one bootleg over the other.

it's all a matter of taste bud

Moron A, meet Moron B. You too get together and have some slope-faced babies together.

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 02:55 PM
FUCK
R3PNbp1pl1U

That's one hell of show. And on youtube no less.

But Orbital are better musicians.

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Moron A, meet Moron B. You too get together and have some slope-faced babies together.

you mean two, not too. Unless you have slope-faced babies already and just want other people to have kids just like them.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah, 'cause it's super hard to drop in some angel sounds and wave your hands in the air. Super duper hard.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
you mean two, not too. Unless you have slope-faced babies already and just want other people to have kids just like them.

::shrug:: Ya got me. Point stands.

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, 'cause it's super hard to drop in some angel sounds and wave your hands in the air. Super duper hard.

Programmed robot voice?

SeeYouAuntie
02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey Randy, did you know that Orbital sampled Tool's Sober for a song called Tootled back in the day? Also the guys in Tool like Orbital, mainly Danny I think. I remember an interview they did when Lateralus came out where they mentioned that they liked Massive Attack, Aphex Twin, and Orbital.MQBPD0oT2PY

Monklish
02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Programmed robot voice?

I never said DP were good musicians. I don't really care who's a better musician, because this is fucking electronic dance music. None of them are musicians. I care about who makes better music.

Hey Randy, did you know that Orbital sampled Tool's Sober for a song called Tootled back in the day? Also the guys in Tool like Orbital, mainly Danny I think. I remember an interview they did when Lateralus came out where they mentioned that they liked Massive Attack, Aphex Twin, and Orbital.

2.5 of those preferences suck balls. I stopped paying attention to the crap that the guys in Tool like a long time ago. But no, I didn't know that.

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I never said DP were good musicians. I don't really care who's a better musician, because this is fucking electronic dance music. None of them are musicians. I care about who makes better music.

2.5 of those preferences suck balls. I stopped paying attention to the crap that the guys in Tool like a long time ago. But no, I didn't know that.

Which ones the .5?

Monklish
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Which ones the .5?

MA.

shanx
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM

i think you care about being the biggest ANNOYING DOOSH ASSHAT talking garbage on a forum and pretending like you know what you're talking about when you're clearly a fucking tool

next i'm sure you'll run your mouth about how much mike patton sucks.

FAILURE.

redthreat
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
None of them are musicians.

yikes man. hard to take anything you say seriously after saying something like that.

phillthepill
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM

I lol'd alot!

and to set the record straight, I thought this was some lame troll thread. Daft punk is godlike and musically sound in everyway. Oribital is okay but cannot compete in the godlike-tier of djs.

Grant
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Daft punk is godlike and musically sound in everyway. Oribital is okay but cannot compete in the godlike-tier of djs.

wait for it...

Monklish
02-05-2010, 04:21 PM
i think you care about being the biggest ANNOYING DOOSH ASSHAT talking garbage on a forum and pretending like you know what you're talking about when you're clearly a fucking tool

FAILURE.

I thought that everyone was aware that Mike Patton sucks. You know, that's why no one buys any of his 19 bands' albums.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Orbital are good, they put on a good show.

Daft Punk are good, they put on a good show.

Some people prefer one to the other.

end of thread.

phillthepill
02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Orbital are good, they put on a good show.

Daft Punk are good, they put on a good show.

Some people prefer one to the other.

end of thread.

Daft punk is extraordinary, they put on a unprecedented amazing show.

Orbital is okay, they put on a okay show.

fix'd

shanx
02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
I thought that everyone was aware that Mike Patton sucks. You know, that's why no one buys any of his 19 bands' albums.

this guy's a fucking tool.

/discussion

shanx
02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
this guy's a fucking tool.

/discussion

and i hope you wear that ridiculous hat to coachella so i can identify you, tell you how much you suck, and knee you in the nuts.

phillthepill
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM
and i hope you wear that ridiculous hat to coachella so i can identify you, tell you how much you suck, and knee you in the nuts.

I got your back!

Monklish
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM

I fucking dare you to kick me in the balls you frizzy-haired, empty-headed, bipedal semen cup.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I'll do you a favor and make sure that when I KNOCK YOU RIGHT THE FUCK OUT that I take a second to line up a shot that will correct that nose problem you got going on. Was there a two noses for the price of one sale or something, Ugs?

WhatLies
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
As far as quality of music, and skill Orbital wins it hands down imo. Daft Punk wins hands down as far as live show (lights and visuals). I have yet to see Orbital live and I have a feeling they may surprise a lot of people live. Very excited to see that. They don't come to the states very often, so this is a treat for sure. Plastikman is the one I am extremely excited about. That is a can't miss for me.

THIS

Plastikman VS Orbital is much more relevant to all of us. I have a feeling richie hawtin is going to steal the show. I think there's more mystery behind what hes going to bring than orbital.

shanx
02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I fucking dare you to kick me in the balls you frizzy-haired, empty-headed, bipedal semen cup.

what DO you like?

betao
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM

FAILURE.

I got your back!

This is the peak of the thread. It'll most likely go downhill from here.

WhatLies
02-05-2010, 04:37 PM
^ Yeah lol this shit is pretty funny

GuyInTucson
02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
The best way for you guys to settle these arguments is to drink a pint of bleach before each act performs. That's the only way to determine who is the better musician.

Monklish
what DO you like?

Right here, hobag. 180 pounds of pure man in one sweet motherfucker hat. Bring it, Titless.

betao
Seriously man. the hat jokes never get old.

We need to have a thread dedicated only to the threats/jokes/comments about Monk's avatar.

phillthepill
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
you wont have to look hard to find monk. Hell be at the John Waters tent this year with his hat on. he might have some eyeliner on and a pink fannie pack too.

shanx
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
i knew i couldn't possibly be the first person to laugh at the hat. while it does detract from the rotund shit-eating face staring me down in the picture, it's safe to say someone probably makes this guy bleed every time he leaves his house

maybe you should go back to doing some HARDCORE SKANKIN' at a mighty mighty bosstones concert. you have NO taste

betao
02-05-2010, 04:46 PM
:lool

GuyInTucson
02-05-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.scottandbiccy.com/albums/funny/InternetFight.jpg

Monklish
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
i knew i couldn't possibly be the first person to laugh at the hat. while it does detract from the rotund shit-eating face staring me down in the picture, it's safe to say someone probably makes this guy bleed every time he leaves his house

maybe you should go back to doing some HARDCORE SKANKIN' at a mighty mighty bosstones concert. you have NO taste

So because I don't like gay Babel music and some ****** from a one-hit wonder 80s band and a dozen douchebag experimental unlistenable bands that nobody cares about at all your natural conclusion is that I'm into ska? How fucking stupid are you?

Newsflash: I don't listen to any of the shitty genres that you and your tasteless "individual" friends think make you so special. Cause I'm not 16 anymore. Thanks.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Daft punk is extraordinary, they put on a unprecedented amazing show.

Orbital is okay, they put on a okay show.

fix'd

You realize, that you only fixed that for yourself.

Mmmmkay

shanx
02-05-2010, 04:52 PM
first impressions are a bitch

juloxx
02-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Dont worry Monklish, I like you

Monklish
02-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I have a first impression of you--dumb JAP whose parents for some reason could neither afford rhinoplasty nor a wig made out of any hair higher quality than rat for their little bald daughter.

betao
02-05-2010, 04:56 PM
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/8357/original/Courage_Wolf_6_by_Nossek.jpg?1250205955

shanx
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I have a first impression of you--dumb JAP whose parents for some reason could neither afford rhinoplasty nor a wig made out of any hair higher quality than rat for their little bald daughter.

racial slurs, lovely

you think i'm bald, okeh, GENIUS

you think i'm stupid because i made a ska joke... LOOK AT YOUR FUCKING AVATAR BRO

you're not even fun, just annoying. i hope thom yorke gets sick and bails on coachella so you're fat emo self has no reason to show up.

<3 ORRRRRRRRRRRBITALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Monklish
02-05-2010, 05:01 PM
racial slurs, lovely

you think i'm bald, okeh, GENIUS

you think i'm stupid because i made a ska joke... LOOK AT YOUR FUCKING AVATAR BRO

you're not even fun, just annoying. i hope thom yorke gets sick and bails on coachella so you're fat emo self has no reason to show up.

<3 ORRRRRRRRRRRBITALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That's not a racial slur, piss bucket. I don't know what bizarre 1995 world you live in that sweet fedoras like this are somehow a ska thing. Seriously, what year is it in the bubble of shitty music you live in with that pet weave on your head?

GuyInTucson
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Jap is regarded as an ethnic slur. I personally don't give a shit who doesn't like who but to say the word "Jap" isn't considered an ethnic slur is beyond stupid.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 05:10 PM
How is it an ethnic slur? First are you even sure which ethnicity we're talking about? Please define what part of the word is a slur, you dizzy white knight shitbag.

juloxx
02-05-2010, 05:12 PM
It is considered a slur, but I have no fucking idea why. Its like calling someone a Paki. I dont fucking know why people trip on it.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Different kind of Jap, idiots. Not Jap. JAP.

betao
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/17389.jpg

juloxx
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
werd

shanx
02-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Jap is regarded as an ethnic slur. I personally don't give a shit who doesn't like who but to say the word "Jap" isn't considered an ethnic slur is beyond stupid.

he's so pre-GED i wasn't even going to argue. i also googled it to see what INTRAWEB LINGOZ i haven't been "in the loop" on, and found that it secondly refers to "jewish-american princess" in a similarly degrading way. i don't know what JAP is in his world...

on topic, i love daft punk, but daft punk is not playing at coachella 2010, so it seems the answer is that for our current interests orbital WINZ. not to mention completely different types of energies exchanged at the respective shows.

i think should be pretty memorable for anyone with elementary understanding/respect for EDM.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Neither form of Jay is an ethnic slur you fucking halfwits. You can't call something an ethnic slur when it's just a shortened form of the actual fucking name of the people. 'Brit" is not an ethnic slur.

But in this case we were using the actual common meaning for anyone over the age of 20 who's even remotely knowledgeable about the world--Jewish American Princess, yes. "Elementary understanding/respect for EDM?" Do you just suck off whatever acts you're told are legendary or what? All I ever hear out of you dickholes is how they're legends. Sometimes legends fucking suck if you open your ears wide enough to hear around your big fat EDM-respecting asses.

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I really hope that someone recognizes that face and takes a swing one of these days. Oh the lulz.

ADrunkPoet
02-05-2010, 05:29 PM
This is truly, a quality thread.

shanx
02-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Neither form of Jay is an ethnic slur you fucking halfwits. You can't call something an ethnic slur when it's just a shortened form of the actual fucking name of the people. 'Brit" is not an ethnic slur.

But in this case we were using the actual common meaning for anyone over the age of 20 who's even remotely knowledgeable about the world--Jewish American Princess, yes. "Elementary understanding/respect for EDM?" Do you just suck off whatever acts you're told are legendary or what? All I ever hear out of you dickholes is how they're legends. Sometimes legends fucking suck if you open your ears wide enough to hear around your big fat EDM-respecting asses.

they're BOTH slurs, you fucking simpleton. the origination of a term is inconsequential when it's generally regarded as an insult and stereotype. why would you direct that at me if it wasn't derogatory, fucking hypocrite. clearly you're a bigot and an overwhelmingly ignorant one, at that

i wish i could strap you down in front of TIESTO like alex from a clockwork orange and then make you listen to 'i care because you do' until your ears bleed. underworld hates you. fucking swine

juloxx
02-05-2010, 06:53 PM
i wish i could strap you down in front of TIESTO like alex from a clockwork orange and then make you listen to 'i care because you do' until your ears bleed.

dude..... your fucking sick

shanx
02-05-2010, 07:10 PM
dude..... your fucking sick

what? i care because you do is an EPIC album. ;)

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Have you heard that Pirates of the Caribbean Tiesto cut? Soooooooo siick duuuudddee! I'm gunna fist pump da shit out of that.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
they're BOTH slurs, you fucking simpleton. the origination of a term is inconsequential when it's generally regarded as an insult and stereotype. why would you direct that at me if it wasn't derogatory, fucking hypocrite. clearly you're a bigot and an overwhelmingly ignorant one, at that

i wish i could strap you down in front of TIESTO like alex from a clockwork orange and then make you listen to 'i care because you do' until your ears bleed. underworld hates you. fucking swine

Neither one of them is a slur. I don't think you understand how disparagement works. Allow me to educate you.

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Your terministic screen is foggy as fuck, hombre.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Ha.

mickflyy
02-05-2010, 10:29 PM
you guys are legends

nbvcide
02-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Neither one of them is a slur. I don't think you understand how disparagement works. Allow me to educate you.

your original remark was to call him a DUMB j.a.p.
and people missed that, so it sorta is..

just like your comment that brit isn't a slur, i agree, and neither should pollock.. however a 'DUMB pollock' would be considered a racial slur..

I really hope that someone recognizes that face and takes a swing one of these days. Oh the lulz.

apparently, the dumb pollock that wears that hat is also scared of the same thing every time he meets someone.. hehe

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 11:47 PM
He is? Major lulz.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 12:10 AM
your original remark was to call him a DUMB j.a.p.
and people missed that, so it sorta is..

just like your comment that brit isn't a slur, i agree, and neither should pollock.. however a 'DUMB pollock' would be considered a racial slur..

apparently, the dumb pollock that wears that hat is also scared of the same thing every time he meets someone.. hehe

Actually it was calling her a dumb JAP. Men can't be JAPs.

Polack was a slur to begin with. Polish people are Pols, not Polacks. Japs are just being too fucking touchy about that whole internment thing.