PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating?

mallymuah
02-03-2010, 10:28 PM
ins and outs are cool, but what's the deal with tailgating? is it legal and mellow if you're over 21?

thanks mang

love peace & chicken grease.

OnlyNonStranger
02-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Tailgaiting isn't a band..

mallymuah
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Tailgaiting isn't a band..

...I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're being sarcastic and aren't a complete moron.

<3.

ballroomdancer22
02-03-2010, 10:58 PM
i hope so, but chances are if its permitable i'll end up shitfaced by 5 pm n retire to my tent by 6 pm

brycerosen
02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I believe tailgating is on tour and would be a gear add

iammrcandyman
02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
...I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're being sarcastic and aren't a complete moron.

<3.

Wrong section, this belongs under questions. and even then I have no idea wtf you would call tailgating since almost everyone will be camping.

Ardentbiscuit
02-04-2010, 07:16 AM
From going to both festivals tailgating happens a lot at Stagecoach but I rarely see it at Coachella.

donkey sex
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
it's the "ask an easily answerable question by doing a small amount of research, but the author isnt really interested in the answer anyway as they probably know it already...they just want to incite responses and read them" thread. Yeppie!

weezy f baby
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Let's see... is drinking in a parking lot cool? Yes, if you don't get caught. No, if you get caught.

What kind of stupid question is that?

Drinking in Public is a violation of Code 41.27c of the California judicial system and is punishable by death.

beavington
02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
it's the "ask an easily answerable question by doing a small amount of research, but the author isnt really interested in the answer anyway as they probably know it already...they just want to incite responses and read them" thread. Yeppie!

I think thats only true with maybe 5 people here especially monklish suprefanboy and dr.

And to the op it says on the faq that no tailgating is allowed so take that as you will

psychic friend
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
IN THE PARKING LOTS YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HANG OUT AND BURN THINGS AND DRINK. THIS IS NOT NASCAR OR A FOOTBALL GAME. NO TAILGATING.

Suffacated
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Indio Police can and will write you up for drinking in public. Trust me...

mountmccabe
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
and even then I have no idea wtf you would call tailgating since almost everyone will be camping.

In the past camping has been something around 25%; it'sn't gonna change that much.

Though, I suppose, if just anybody with a festival wristband can go into the camping area I guess that would mean that folks arriving could just go wandering through the campgrounds looking for people handing out beer. Hmm.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-04-2010, 06:16 PM
In the past camping has been something around 25%; it'sn't gonna change that much.

Though, I suppose, if just anybody with a festival wristband can go into the camping area I guess that would mean that folks arriving could just go wandering through the campgrounds looking for people handing out beer. Hmm.

This is an excellent idea

Also, in past years i usually bring a can or two of beer and drink them on the long walk from the car to the main entrance and nobody ever cares. I wouldn't recommend hanging out at your car with a giant cooler and a bbq getting shitfaced for hours, but having a beer in the 100-degree heat before you go inside doesn't hurt anybody.

Do be courteous and dispose of your cans in proper receptacles though. there are plenty along the way to the entrance.

DFrank
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
ive drank with my crew in the parking lot the past 4 years with tunes a-blastin'...never a problem.

GuyInTucson
02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
IN THE PARKING LOTS YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HANG OUT AND BURN THINGS AND DRINK. THIS IS NOT NASCAR OR A FOOTBALL GAME. NO TAILGATING.

Football game sandwiched in the middle of a music festival would be great.

mistakenstrangers
02-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm a New Zealander I have heard about this tailgating, and I want to join in on some

elsyium101
02-06-2010, 02:11 PM
me and my friends usually get away with tailgating a lil u just have to be careful......but now that i think about it every year i have walked to the gates with a beer u just have to watch out for the police and dispose of it bfore you get it in..........

FoxeyLady
02-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah bring a beer or two for the walk in and while you wait in line. I don't know why people would tailgate though... I always want to go right in once I get there.

donkey sex
02-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I use to have Chargers football season tickets, before my brother and I became too skint, and some people actually don't even go into the stadium. They tailgate for the entire event. Generally they are there to cook or be 'The Chef' for others with really no interest in the outcome of the game. Oh, they might wear the team gear or blurt out a "Go Chargers!" on occasion, but in their heart of hearts they are really only there to turn pieces of meat on the grill and eat. Then there's the "TV Guy" who watches the game in front of his portable tv in the parking lot. You also have the less annoying 'Bottle/Can Collector', 'Unlicensed Tshirt Vendor', and 'The Thief'. Maybe they are not as bothersome cus they dont stick around for very long in the same position, unlike 'The Chef' or 'TV Guy'.