PDA

View Full Version : What are US/Cali crowds like

mistakenstrangers
02-03-2010, 05:30 AM
First visit to the USA, and wondering what the crowds are like at bands, pushy, dangerous, will/will not let you get closer etc?

Theijuiel
02-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Rage - Pushy, RHCP - Pushy, NIN - Pushy. Dangerous? VERY rarely but the naked ones are tazered. People in general are respectful to the bands, unless they are in the front waiting for some other band. People at the rail most likely will not give up their spots. Overall people will let you pass if the stage is in-between artists, during a set would be a different story but it isn't hard to get by.

General Picture : People are chill for the most part.

donkey sex
02-03-2010, 10:19 AM
touchy feely

PotVsKtl
02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Mostly rapists.

canexplain
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Whimps compared to other crowds I have seen and been a part of. We are mostly sedate. cr*****

zajaa
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Just say "California" next time and you'll be golden.

juloxx
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Rapists, aids needles and convicts. Get ready.

juloxx
02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
and Juggalos

elChurro
02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Practice your west coast gang sign, once you get that down you should be ok.

ZackQ
02-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Generally crowds in the United States fart freely. It's not socially looked down upon. I advise you to do the same.

darkjustice
02-03-2010, 11:36 AM
bonkers

HandBanana
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
I could tell you...

but I'd much rather show you...

hm4hZ9z_Fcg#t=40s

darkjustice
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
hot

brando4n82
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I could tell you...

hm4hZ9z_Fcg#t=40s

:rotfl:puke:rotfl

digitaldragon03
02-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Can anyone tell what the name of the track from 0:40-0:46 in the above video is? Seems familiar.

mickflyy
02-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Generally crowds in the United States fart freely. It's not socially looked down upon. I advise you to do the same.

lmfao ... dont encourage this sort of behaviuor

ballroomdancer22
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
hahahah juggalos!

Bud Luster
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Can anyone tell what the name of the track from 0:40-0:46 in the above video is? Seems familiar.

It is "Sound of Violence" by Cassius.

beavington
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I could tell you...

hm4hZ9z_Fcg#t=40s

Oh that does look like Coachella last year. Especially in the beer tent near the Mojave and Sahara, the bears like to congregate there for some reason.

iammrcandyman
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh man I loled. Palm springs has a huge gblt population so its not much of a surprise.

OP, since you're from new zealand I can tell you it's going to be different. Expect a lot of people. You're going to meet a lot of assholes but a lot of really great people too.

I personally don't see any of the bigger bands being dangerous this year. I was 17 when I saw rage against the machine play and I walked out fine. If you want a good spot for a certain band try to get there at least 30-45 minutes early. Good luck, have fun!

getbetter
02-03-2010, 03:14 PM
We smoke alot of weed according to some Finnish people i meant at glasshouse bar before dead weather

Edmontonian
02-03-2010, 03:18 PM
It's probably more due to the heat than anything else, but I've found Americans at coachella don't seem to like dancing very much (except for in the Sahara). The crowd is often completely still just looking at the band. Because of this, it can be tough to get up to the front once a band has started because everybody forms this wall and doesn't move, whereas I'm used to everybody dancing and flowing and you can slip between them like a fish through waves. But if you get there 10minutes early you should be able to get pretty close.

However, one of the best things about the coachella festival is that there are five stages with bands playing constantly, which means the crowds tend to be very plastic. Ie. people are constantly moving from one stage to another so if you're patient you can get up to the front because people at the front are always leaving to go see another band that is starting, and when a band starts the crowd is very thick but by around halfway through their sets you will be able to find many holes where people have left and you can work your way closer.

This doesn't apply to the headliners unfortunately, and in the Sahara everybody is grooving and leaves room to dance so you can slip right to the front 99% of the time if you wish

Edmontonian
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah the crowds also thin out because its so hot everybody is dehydrated and ppl need to leave to get water, or go pee because they've been drinking (almost) enough water.

insbordnat
02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
and in the Sahara everybody is grooving and leaves room to dance so you can slip right to the front 99% of the time if you wish

We aren't "leaving room", we are dancing, up to the point where you are standing ass to dick with me because there isn't any more forward you can go as it's too packed in the front. And believe me, if you get that close, I will still dance (basically freak you) until you get the fuck away.

:)

hungryreggae
02-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Haven't sampled any Californian crowds yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping they compare to the crowds in and around Detroit and at Rothbury. You might say we take out all stops and we do it over the top.

donkey sex
02-03-2010, 08:03 PM
silent but deadly, wet and wild, loose gooses

yeah, can be like farts

Generally haven't gotten along with fat indie girls (who does?) and some people dont appreciate an unexpected softon grind rub from behind. Did this on three strangers who moved away during Prodigy. Some exited slower than others like they couldn't believe what was happending. Is that rape? Should do a picture of self for "you gonna be raped" board moments. If you are out there, "sorry bout that". At least a shoulder rub first or name exchange, right? Eight years later I'm letting it out. (*exhales*). Coachella catharsis and admissision. Apologies.

ZackQ
02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
It's probably more due to the heat than anything else, but I've found Americans at coachella don't seem to like dancing very much (except for in the Sahara). The crowd is often completely still just looking at the band. Because of this, it can be tough to get up to the front once a band has started because everybody forms this wall and doesn't move, whereas I'm used to everybody dancing and flowing and you can slip between them like a fish through waves. But if you get there 10minutes early you should be able to get pretty close.

However, one of the best things about the coachella festival is that there are five stages with bands playing constantly, which means the crowds tend to be very plastic. Ie. people are constantly moving from one stage to another so if you're patient you can get up to the front because people at the front are always leaving to go see another band that is starting, and when a band starts the crowd is very thick but by around halfway through their sets you will be able to find many holes where people have left and you can work your way closer.

This doesn't apply to the headliners unfortunately, and in the Sahara everybody is grooving and leaves room to dance so you can slip right to the front 99% of the time if you wish

I think most of the time, you can get pretty close for a headliner if you show up two sets in advance. In 2008, I got to the main stage right before Kraftwerk. By the time Prince started I was like six rows from the front. And it was awesome.

Cdubby
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
mostly like this, if you get drunk and get the courage you can get some pussy from these girls too, they love the foreign accents.

oTttz245iLA

mistakenstrangers
02-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Well I don't need to bother with Headliners, maybe wait two sets in advance LCD Soundsystem, that'd be pure bliss up front.

donkey sex
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
warm, compassionate, forgiving

joppy-slow
02-06-2010, 12:26 PM
9sC8jgrb29o

FoxeyLady
02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
^This.

If you run into me and my friends we will most likely be blazing. California crowds are just chill like that.

I think last year we scared the old people around us while we had like 3 blunts goin' watching Macca haha. All the geezers got a contact.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 12:35 PM
^This.

If you run into me and my friends we will most likely be blazing. California crowds are just chill like that.

I think last year we scared the old people around us while we had like 3 blunts goin' watching Macca haha. All the geezers got a contact.

Yes, I'm sure that you scared the old Beatles fans by smoking weed. You goddamn lamebrain.

Boourns
02-06-2010, 12:50 PM
mostly like this, if you get drunk and get the courage you can get some pussy from these girls too, they love the foreign accents.

oTttz245iLA

Hahahah, this is great.

Signs you have failed at life:
1. You are at the Juggalo Gathering

Signs you have really failed at life:
1. You are performing at the Juggalo Gathering
2. Your performance has a crowd of 20 people
3. Those 20 people have all turned their backs on you to watch some shirtless 300 pound girl mosh

joppy-slow
02-06-2010, 01:09 PM
The big girl moshing is called a "Snorlax" I bet these women will always remember how amazing Juggalo 2009 - The Gathering was..
"Remember that crazy mosh pit we got into, with that huge Snorlax at Gathering 09, Cindy?"

hendrixfan143
02-06-2010, 01:16 PM
we are tame. Unless you are wearing a hat.

donkey sex
02-06-2010, 01:22 PM
master of the stomach whip

elsyium101
02-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I have definately had some pushy experiences....but it all goes hand in hand with what band you see. When i saw rage or tool, yeah the heavier music brings out the more of the roudyness in people...but all in all everyone is just trying to have a good time...its kind of hard to make your way close to a stage for a certain performer u want to c unless your there all day...but in between sets is a great way to get closer because people either leave because of the next performer, they cant stand no more, they have to use the bathroom etc... the dance tents seem to b less aggressive in trying to get close to the stage but it matches it in the intensity n dancing. All in all this will b my 5th year and only once did i c some1 almost get violent...but it also was 104 degrees that day... also remember people from all over come to this event not just people from cali.... i personally meet up every year with people from AZ, Los Angeles, Ohio, and Canada.....i hav meet these people @ coachella and i continue to meet good people from all over the world that just want to experience live music! And the good vibes it brings everyone when it is played! P.S. Bring Sunblock and Sunglasses!!!

juloxx
02-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Just remember, your gonna be on the Westside of town, so make them other fools bow down.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/utc2VLrGFEU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/utc2VLrGFEU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FoxeyLady
02-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, I'm sure that you scared the old Beatles fans by smoking weed. You goddamn lamebrain.

They looked scared to me. They weren't hippies though.

Also, big mexicans tend to scare old white people.

RezBanana
02-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh snaps... roll up your windows, lock your doors.... its thugchella

FoxeyLady
02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
The fields will reek of the dank during Jay-Z.

donkey sex
02-06-2010, 03:54 PM
frank, honest, and dependable

SPX_clothing
04-16-2014, 07:43 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!
Just say "California" next time and you'll be golden.