PDA

View Full Version : Camping and Parking your car in a parking lot?

shockersean
02-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Hey. I've been going to Coachella the last two years and i've read and acknowledged the new set up for camping and parking your car in the camp area. However, my friends and I do not intend to bring the car inside the camping area because we would like to be able to leave during the festival. Is there a parking lot where we can still park our car? Because it stated in the guidline that all cars staying over the festival MUST park their cars... Help?

Cammo
02-02-2010, 11:30 PM
kinda sounds like you answered your own question...

lickety_spit
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
there are these people right next door that sell parking spaces on their private property.
pretty shady, though.
you probably pay them to park, they have your car towed, then let someone else pay to park there.
that's what i'd do if i were a cunt, anyway.

Lame Story
02-03-2010, 12:10 AM
there are these people right next door that sell parking spaces on their private property.
pretty shady, though.
you probably pay them to park, they have your car towed, then let someone else pay to park there.
that's what i'd do if i were a cunt, anyway.

Now you've got me kinda worried. :( I was kinda wondering the same thing as the OP. I'll be staying in a hotel and driving but I've got a few friends who might be camping. So in my case, if I were to find, say, a certain fungal deterrent keeping me from driving, I was hoping there would be some safe place I could stash my car within a mile or two of the festival thus allowing me to crash at my friends campsite until I'm ok to drive.

I guess the next question would be, if the event ends at midnight, how long do they give us to vacate the provided parking lots? I assume probably 2-3am at the latest?

Stickjohn
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
From the camping FAQ:

Where can we park if we are camping on site with a group but want one or more of our cars available to drive out for supplies during the 3 day event?

STAND BY

You should be fine if you don't mind standing by your car.

psychic friend
02-03-2010, 05:34 PM
ok im going to just remove that FAQ since nobody gets STAND BY

WAIT

DONT KNOW

Stickjohn
02-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Here are some sample answers I made up for you - feel free to use as you see fit!

● As I see it, yes
● It is certain
● It is decidedly so
● Most likely
● Outlook good
● Signs point to yes
● Without a doubt
● Yes
● Yes - definitely
● You may rely on it

● Reply hazy, try again
● Ask again later
● Better not tell you now
● Cannot predict now
● Concentrate and ask again

● Don't count on it
● My reply is no
● My sources say no
● Outlook not so good
● Very doubtful

adagio74
02-03-2010, 09:11 PM

WAIT

DONT KNOW

STAND BY makes sense. What's confusing is that other areas of the site say this:

"If you are driving a car to the event and camping overnight you must purchase a spot and camp in the car camping area. All cars staying overnight during the festival must be in a car camping spot".

I don't care as long as I'm in Indio on that amazing field!

Radiohead
02-08-2010, 01:40 AM
This is actually a really important question to me, since I just know that I'll want to leave the camping area in the mornings before the festival, and I don't want to be the dick who parks in the camping area then insists on leaving and coming back (since, even though they say you can't do that, they won't really stop you; it'll just annoy everyone).

I'm standing by, as instructed.

fiopadp7791
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM
This is actually a really important question to me, since I just know that I'll want to leave the camping area in the mornings before the festival, and I don't want to be the dick who parks in the camping area then insists on leaving and coming back (since, even though they say you can't do that, they won't really stop you; it'll just annoy everyone).

I'm standing by, as instructed.

I'm in the same boat as you, but don't hold your breath. I've even thought about soliciting someone who lives in a housing development close by to see if I could park my car there for cheap.

PFKL1
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM
The obvious solution is to allow tent-camping vehicles to park in a separate overnight lot or to mingle in with the numerous day-only lots overnight as they did in previous years so that they can in/out from the campground. Everybody's happy.

fiopadp7791
02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
The obvious solution is to allow tent-camping vehicles to park in a separate overnight lot or to mingle in with the numerous day-only lots overnight as they did in previous years so that they can in/out from the campground. Everybody's happy.

I agree with this, but I'm assuming it's a matter of having enough space to a allow for a separate lot. The camping plots due to allowing cars, RVs, etc. in the campsite are much bigger now, so they need more space.

I'm assuming the area where campers parked in past years will now be a place where people camp now... maybe RV or ten-only camping will be there? I'm with you guys though, I'm hoping they find a separate lot. I'd even pay a little extra to park in this extra lot if they can make it work...

JustSteve
02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
and I don't want to be the dick who parks in the camping area then insists on leaving and coming back (since, even though they say you can't do that, they won't really stop you; it'll just annoy everyone).

you may get out, but you sure as fuck won't get back in.

Astrid
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
im beginning to realize were going to have WAY more cars than we need to buy camping passes, since so many people are coming from different areas.

so if there was somewhere else to park the extra cars that would be chill. definitely dont need 6-10 camping spaces :-/

fiopadp7791
02-08-2010, 05:35 PM
im beginning to realize were going to have WAY more cars than we need to buy camping passes, since so many people are coming from different areas.

so if there was somewhere else to park the extra cars that would be chill. definitely dont need 6-10 camping spaces :-/

Seriously... even if it were an extra $20-30 per car per weekend to park our cars in an extra lot I'd gladly pay it if there were in/out privileges.

psychic friend
02-08-2010, 05:45 PM
"If you are driving a car to the event and camping overnight you must purchase a spot and camp in the car camping area. All cars staying overnight during the festival must be in a car camping spot".

This is still current correct info.

fiopadp7791
02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
PF, do you know if there is any extra space even available for a possible extra lot? As I said earlier I'm just assuming the extra space needed for car camping may have gobbled that all up?

psychic friend
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I think that remains to be seen

Bud Luster
02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
yup, there is space available for an extra lot...

on your fucking face.

fiopadp7791
02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
yup, there is space available for an extra lot...

on your fucking face.

Oh lawd I had this comin... but unfortunately acne may be taking up more room than my car needs. But one could also say that my face looks like it's been driven on already.

littlewolf
02-08-2010, 09:22 PM
definitely dont need 6-10 camping spaces :-/

I was thinking the opposite problem. Who wants to carpool if you then have to stuff 4 people into your campsite, since you only have one car? Especially if you aren't coupled up and each has their own tent. I guess you could kick the people out of your car before you enter, and have them check in as 'tent only' campers, but then you are separated. I'm just not sure how it works out.

Stickjohn
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Last year four people with camping passes camping together would have received 4 spots totaling 264 square feet. This year one spot is 300 square feet. Yes you might have a car parked in it, but you can use it for storage and shade too.

PFKL1
02-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Stagecoach (http://stagecoachfestival.com/visitors/onsite-camping) is able to have a
* Tow vehicle lot available to park tow vehicles, guest campers' vehicles and extra cars towed behind.

they even have a FAQ section which states:
Where do all the people I am cramming into my RV or TENT park for the weekend?
You can park them in the tow vehicle lot . Check back for directions/map.

and, there doesn't seem to be a huge disparity btw attendance according to last year's numbers (http://www.pe.com/reports/stagecoach/2009/stories/PE_News_Local_S_festwrap0428.3ab507f.html).
Coachella = 160,000
Stagecoach = 120,000

http://info.aeglive.com/gv/stagecoach/2010/images/sclarge1036x927.jpg

vogina
02-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Stagecoach (http://stagecoachfestival.com/visitors/onsite-camping) is able to have a

they even have a FAQ section which states:

and, there doesn't seem to be a huge disparity btw attendance according to last year's numbers (http://www.pe.com/reports/stagecoach/2009/stories/PE_News_Local_S_festwrap0428.3ab507f.html).
Coachella = 160,000
Stagecoach = 120,000

http://info.aeglive.com/gv/stagecoach/2010/images/sclarge1036x927.jpg

i crossed my legs and crushed both my balls

theresalwaysone
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM

WAIT

DONT KNOW

Red Leader standing by

http://porkins.home.insightbb.com/Rebel/Pilots/red10.JPG

psychic friend
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
that question is no longer on the website. its gone. does not exist.

also in case anyone is confused, stagecoach is not coachella.. and vice versa.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-09-2010, 05:50 PM

also in case anyone is confused, stagecoach is not coachella.. and vice versa.

NO WAI

mountmccabe
02-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Shit, I bought tickets for the wrong thing then

M Sparks
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
They both say "coach". I'm suing.

littlewolf
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Last year four people with camping passes camping together would have received 4 spots totaling 264 square feet. This year one spot is 300 square feet. Yes you might have a car parked in it, but you can use it for storage and shade too.

Wow, I didn't realize how much smaller they were last year. Good point, I'll shut up now.

mary08
02-09-2010, 06:23 PM
You and others could partk at my house, just cross the street and you are at the door of the polo grounds. $50.00 for all three days.

mary08
02-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I have a big lot accrosss the polo club, you could park there your extra cars, just cross the street you are at the polo

mary08
02-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I have to tell you guys, I have over an acre of land just across the polo grounds, next to where all the artist park, you could park your cars there, the lot has a fence, you could even camp there if you want. No restrictions coming and going out, I have passess to go through the check point. Residential passes.

mary08
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
watch out. I have never have people park in my property 2 acres across the polo, but I will do this time and NO, don't judge before you meet the neighbors:-)

mary08
02-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I think everybody is out by one. They have to clean and get ready for the next day

Theijuiel
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Thank you for so many posts.

PFKL1
02-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Simply because the question has been taken down does not make it disappear, though i admit, it would be convenient to have the delete button take away my problems. It is a relevant question which deserves a sufficient answer.

Where can we park if we are camping on site with a group but want one or more of our cars available to drive out for supplies during the 3 day event?

mountmccabe
02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
It sounds like Coachella is likely not going to provide such a place for us campers to put a car that allows re-entry. So then we either have to make do without, purchase a series of camping spots (really bad idea) or find a third-party provider.

It's too bad no one has posted in this thread offering such a place to park.

fiopadp7791
02-11-2010, 07:38 AM
I have a big lot accrosss the polo club, you could park there your extra cars, just cross the street you are at the polo

would you be willing to google map or mapquest the neighborhood you're in (hopefully this can be done without posting your exact address, so you have some anonymity) and post a link for us please? Just to see in relation to the ground where you're located?

JustSteve
02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
the entrance she is near is the vip/artist entrance, if things are the same this year. the general admission entrance is nowhere near where she is.

psychic friend
02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
there will be shuttles to a store, i think ralphs.

JustSteve
02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
kickbacks?

psychic friend
02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
i dont understand the question

JustSteve
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
you gonna get kickbacks from ralphs for sending all that money their way? get them to pay you for the customers. you should start a bidding war between the competing grocery stores.

zajaa
02-11-2010, 12:49 PM
From the camping FAQ:

STAND BY

You should be fine if you don't mind standing by your car.

HA.

nice.

psychic friend
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Steve I have no idea what the deal is, I think Ralphs is just near by. They did that at phish.

M Sparks
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
You and others could partk at my house, just cross the street and you are at the door of the polo grounds. $50.00 for all three days.

I have to tell you guys, I have over an acre of land just across the polo grounds, next to where all the artist park, you could park your cars there, the lot has a fence, you could even camp there if you want. No restrictions coming and going out, I have passess to go through the check point. Residential passes.

watch out. I have never have people park in my property 2 acres across the polo, but I will do this time and NO, don't judge before you meet the neighbors:-)

I think everybody is out by one. They have to clean and get ready for the next day

She likes to store up all her comments, and then release them at a later date.

Also, 2 acres are over an acre. Make a note of this fun fact.

Stickjohn
02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Hard to begrudge the locals for trying to make some money. Coachella is a bit of a PITA for them, even though overall it brings a lot of good to Indio.

mountmccabe
02-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Will there be HUMMUS?

Theijuiel
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Will there be HUMMUS?
And kumquats.

somahead
02-14-2010, 02:31 AM
It seems that Coachella is attempting to work out a solution to this "problem" but I will just proceed as though no additional parking will be available. Unfortunately, I have a sister-in-law scheduled to be birthing the weekend following Coachella, and very much need a car at the ready. So, would I be able to purchase a spot for my additional car and inform the camping staff of my situation in hopes that my car could be placed near the exit? The thought of breaking down a campsite to return less than a day later sounds like complete hell and something I would like to try and avoid if at all possible.

mountmccabe
02-14-2010, 11:10 AM
According to the FAQ you will be able to get your car out - with the assistance of the staff - but you won't be able to get that car back in. Unless you have an additional camping spot ticket.

I can't quite figure out how many cars - and thus camping spot tickets - you plan on bringing in the first place but if you bring one more than that you could leave your tent (and any additional cars) set up in your original camping spot(s) and drive off when you needed to. You would then be able to come back using your new, unused camping spot ticket. You wouldn't be able to park in or near your old spot but you'd still get to park in the official campgrounds.

Though, really, if you'ren't sure you're going to have to leave and you can bear to be away from your car for the rest of the festival it might make more sense to just leave your car somewhere offsite - such as parking with one of the locals or in public parking a ways away from the Polo Grounds - and get dropped off, either by friends or in a cab.

somahead
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't mind coughing up another $50 to have a spot for my "emergency" car. Coachella is already saving my group some cash this year with camping. I just don't want to hassle other campers and staff trying to maneuver my car out of the camping area if I could just as easily buy an extra spot and stash the car near the exit.

Bud Luster
02-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't mind coughing up another $50 to have a spot for my "emergency" car. Coachella is already saving my group some cash this year with camping. I just don't want to hassle other campers and staff trying to maneuver my car out of the camping area if I could just as easily buy an extra spot and stash the car near the exit.

If you aren't worried about spending another $50 for an overnight spot for your car why don't you just buy one? Like the faqs say, just let the camp folks know you will may have to leaver prior to the festival ending.

mountmccabe
02-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I just don't want to hassle other campers and staff trying to maneuver my car out of the camping area if I could just as easily buy an extra spot and stash the car near the exit.

That is not a listed option. You are making up what you want to be.

Michelle760
04-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Parking available on 58 & monore. It's an open field. Nothing shady about it. $20 a day. 3 miles from CF , shuttle car will be available. Hit me up.