PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering At The Coachella Festival

ali_robertson101
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
This is my first year going to coachella. I'm interested in volunteering to get a free pass and campsite but I'm worried it will hinder the full experience. So, anyone who has volunteered before, is it a good idea?

OnlyNonStranger
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
You still have to front the money.

vogina
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
You still have to front the money.

not really.

if you are working for a cool vendor, chances are you will all rotate or just watch you want to watch & still be reasonable. your working at the same time, what did you expect?

zajaa
02-02-2010, 10:26 PM
i worked as an intern the last two years and i would not do it unless you are really strapped for cash. the gamble of possibly missing bands you want to see really messes up the weekend.

el_ornelas
02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
did you fill out the apps yet? me and some friends are doing it for the first time. only i have been there before as a paying member of the audience.

it seems that if you organize yourself well and really sell yourself within your skills/interests/etc. you can get a pretty good schedule, without working everyday or missing a lot of the concert each day. it offers dates to work a week in advance (probably set up) and a day or two afterwards (breakdown). if there were like 5 HUGE artists i would NOT want to miss, then i would avoid it because you probably won't get to see more than 2 if you're lucky. the app asks you to name 3 acts you don't want to miss, but leaves it open to the possibility you may not get to see all for various scheduling reasons.

my friends are broke and i need to save money for a traveling the next month. anyway, if shit doesn't work out and you want to quit, it seems you'll be in anyway, but just paying for everything like the general audience.

thanks for asking this question. i've been looking on these boards for the last week and nobody has really posted anything regarding work exchange. by the way, are you going by yourself? if you are, then it might be a cool way to meet some folks. i've got two friends going with me so i hope we can at least be working together and seeing shows together for the most part.

Mickjagger00
02-04-2010, 03:37 PM
i worked as an intern the last two years and i would not do it unless you are really strapped for cash. the gamble of possibly missing bands you want to see really messes up the weekend.

true that

WorkExchangeTeam
03-26-2010, 11:17 AM
true that

Not true - we ask you your top 3 bands and work around your schedule. We are music lovers too, and try our best to schedule everyone around their favorite shows.