PDA

View Full Version : Will Coachella sell out, and if it will when do you expect it to sell out?

rasooli
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I already got my tickets, but my friend hasnt and he wanted to know if the festival will sell out, and if it usually does when do you expect it to happen. Thanks.

Grant
02-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I really hope not. At least not until two weeks from now or something.

blackbean
02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Two weeks from now?? Damn my friend can't till end of march. Will gv send out some sort of "supplies low" message so we know when it's close?

gaypalmsprings
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I expect car-camperchella to sell out.

Grant
02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Two weeks from now?? Damn my friend can't till end of march. Will gv send out some sort of "supplies low" message so we know when it's close?

I think I read on here that psychic friend will say something about tickets almost being selling out. Not trying to jinx this if that's the case

gaypalmsprings
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I think I read on here that psychic friend will say something about tickets almost being selling out. Not trying to jinx this if that's the case

She hinted in another thread NOT to wait for camping tickets.

OnlyNonStranger
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM

That's exactly why I bought my ticket even though I'm not 100% on if I'm going to the festival. All I have to do now is win the lottery so I can buy my festival ticket.

I keed, I keed.

girlbreaksdown
02-01-2010, 09:56 PM
i know they've said "sold out" in years previous and still been selling single day passes at the box office when they open in the morning of. but i have had much success buying passes from last minute ditchers on craigslist for pretty much face value... just gotta keep the faith! also a good idea to check out ebay mid-march. last year i got a killer deal. DO think car camping will selll out tho, which is why i have bought my camping pass already. :)

nbvcide
02-02-2010, 03:30 AM
tickets won't sell out for the festival this year..

insbordnat
02-02-2010, 06:30 AM
tickets won't sell out for the festival this year..

My thoughts too.

Ardentbiscuit
02-02-2010, 06:33 AM
I couldn't say if it's going to sell out. I've seen no sales stats but more of my friends than ever before want to go this year.

insbordnat
02-02-2010, 06:38 AM
I think with the economy and the lack of a headliner that would bring people in droves mean its not going to sell out. At least not anytime soon. Plus, no single day tickets means people can't cherry-pick days like the past. I think back to when Rage and Madonna played, those days sold out pretty quickly after the announcement.

jigjig
02-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I hope car camping doesn't sell out, I'm being dumb and waiting to buy my ticket.

blackbean
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM

oh hmm.. okay well fortunately for me, I've already got housing arrangements. I'll just keep a look out then for notices i suppose..

wewantmuse
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
tough call. It has potential to, but I doubt it actually will. Main reason it won't is the economy. Sure people are splurging on some entertainment (e.g., movies) but $300 + travel, hotel, food, etc. is a lot for 3 days.

I think if they were to later offer single day tickets, a day, or two .. or three .. might sell out. I know a number of people who would go just for Jay-Z, but don't want to pay $300. All of the headliners, whether you agree with them or not, have a pretty large and extremely dedicated fan base that could move a lot of ticket sales.

depechemodekraftwerk
02-03-2010, 04:15 AM
NOPE wont happen.Especially with the three days thing and having to buy all three days?? Dont think so.

sansation
02-04-2010, 05:03 AM
is it possible to sell our coachella tickets just in case we end up not going???? sell it on ebay or something?

rickibot
02-04-2010, 07:18 AM
is it possible to sell our coachella tickets just in case we end up not going???? sell it on ebay or something?

i have seen them on ebay and craigslist, although i myself have never purchased coachella tickets from these sites i don't see why you couldn't if you wanted to get rid of them

Distorted_Jungle
02-04-2010, 08:44 AM
It will sell out this year, everyone says the headliners aren't as good as previous years because we don't have some over rated douche like Sir Paul. I think this years headliners are great and have more appeal to the younger crowd that is more likely to scrounge up the money to see current acts rather than the music their parents listen to. Don't be surprised when it sells out by the 1st or 2nd week of april.

donkey sex
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
in five minutes

hurry

alicide
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
It will sell out this year, everyone says the headliners aren't as good as previous years because we don't have some over rated douche like Sir Paul. I think this years headliners are great and have more appeal to the younger crowd that is more likely to scrounge up the money to see current acts rather than the music their parents listen to. Don't be surprised when it sells out by the 1st or 2nd week of april.

Hmmm, yes the only reason I went last year because the headliners were endorsed by my parents. This year I won't get any pocket money from them for beer...as they don't consider Jay-Z a highly enough rated douche. I will have to scrounge.

FoxeyLady
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM

This. I know sooo many more kids my age (20) who want to go this year more than the past 2 years. People underestimate the strength of these headliners because there's no old person. Just means less old people, which I'm totally ok with. But yeah I think it will sell out sometime in early April.

Chelaw
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
hopefully not too soon. i purchased my plane ticket already but not my festival ticket. i don't want a random trip to california if i can't get into coachella. not that california isnt great and all but that would suck.

alicide
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
T People underestimate the strength of these headliners because there's no old person. Just means less old people, which I'm totally ok with. But yeah I think it will sell out sometime in early April.

Is 40 old? If so, then most of the headliners this year are full of old people.
Watch out, they bite.

Leeartlee
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Is 40 old? If so, then most of the headliners this year are full of old people.
Watch out, they bite.

No joke and they usually have rabies

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Hmmm, yes the only reason I went last year because the headliners were endorsed by my parents. This year I won't get any pocket money from them for beer...as they don't consider Jay-Z a highly enough rated douche. I will have to scrounge.

I said the music peoples parents listen to, never said anything about anyone going with their parents.

psycobetabuckdown
02-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Wait...if car camping sells out, what the fuck are people supposed to do, get a hotel? Shit

kwpatel
02-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Wait...if car camping sells out, what the fuck are people supposed to do, get a hotel? Shit

Good luck getting a decent room... I reserved my room when they announced stagecoach...

Boourns
02-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't know if it will sell out, but apparently tickets are selling rather well, which is understandable considering how epic the lineup is. Shit, I better buy a camping ticket since I can't find a reasonable place to stay off-site.

C DUB YA
02-06-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't think it will sell out.

It will sell well, like it does every year.

This thread is silly.

psycobetabuckdown
02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm just worried about car camping, because people above were saying that PF implied car camping could sell out. That worries me because that is my only real option, being that you can't park overnight and tent camp.

elsyium101
02-06-2010, 12:46 PM
this will be my fifith year and even if they do sell out as soon as 2 weeks their are usually scalpers around that u can get a ticket from for market value or about $20-30 over market value....they also usually hold some tickets back to sell the day of the event u just have to b there early.

meltyface
02-12-2010, 11:02 PM
sorry i can't answer your question but here are some things to consider...

i've gone to coachella for the past 3 years. in the past with single day tickets, usually saturday sells out. it's rare that sunday sells out and friday has never sold out. and even when the single day passes sold out, they were still selling 3-day passes. coachella can fit 50,000 people so it's hard to say whether that many people will buy 3-day passes.

i can only go for 2 days and i'm still debating whether or not i should just buy a 3-day pass or just buy tickets when i get there....

BlakeG
02-13-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm just worried about car camping, because people above were saying that PF implied car camping could sell out. That worries me because that is my only real option, being that you can't park overnight and tent camp.

This makes no sense. I bought a festival ticket and a car/camping ticket. But if I don't get there in time, I can't park my car overnight and camp in a tent?

Distorted_Jungle
02-13-2010, 07:41 AM
This makes no sense. I bought a festival ticket and a car/camping ticket. But if I don't get there in time, I can't park my car overnight and camp in a tent?

Since you already have the ticket you have nothing to worry about, that person didn't have a ticket and is worried about them selling out then having nowhere to park his/her car.

I would imagine that if you buy one of the non car camping spots you will be supplied a place to park your car, seems a little crazy if that's not the case.

akrabu
02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
it might sell out out but i doubt it, if anything the camping tickets will sell out

FoxeyLady
02-13-2010, 01:51 PM
i've gone to coachella for the past 3 years. in the past with single day tickets, usually saturday sells out. it's rare that sunday sells out and friday has never sold out. and even when the single day passes sold out, they were still selling 3-day passes. coachella can fit 50,000 people so it's hard to say whether that many people will buy 3-day passes.

Didn't friday last year sell out?

C DUB YA
02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Didn't friday last year sell out?

Not sure, maybe day of? I know people who bought tickets that day, but not sure where (or how) they got them.

phonedead
02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Since you already have the ticket you have nothing to worry about, that person didn't have a ticket and is worried about them selling out then having nowhere to park his/her car.

I would imagine that if you buy one of the non car camping spots you will be supplied a place to park your car, seems a little crazy if that's not the case.

Sorry this is totally wrong. From the website:

If you plan on leaving your car overnight at the venue, you must purchase a Car Camping pass.

So you cannot drive to Coacehlla, purchase regular tent camping, and expect to have a parking spot.

Aleka
02-19-2010, 07:54 AM
very silly

M Sparks
02-19-2010, 08:15 AM
People, people, people....READ. And then THINK.

A Camping ticket is a camping ticket If you drive up in a car, you get directed to car camping. If you walk/bike/get dropped off, you get directed to a section with no cars. The only exception is RVs and Trailers...those require an RV ticket.

Yes, camping is limited and can sell out....because there is a finite amount of space. As is the case with virtually everything on this planet. HOWEVER, because of the new plan, you can still camp if camping sells out...you just need a friend willing to share their space, and a place to park your car offsite (if you have one)

M Sparks
02-19-2010, 08:16 AM
sorry i can't answer your question but here are some things to consider...

i've gone to coachella for the past 3 years. it's rare that sunday sells out

Sunday sold out first in 2007.

And it's a moot point now, since single days are not being sold.

beavington
02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
it's rare that sunday sells out and friday has never sold out.

i think sunday has sold out three times. 04, 06, 07