PDA

View Full Version : Coachella Riot 2010 - Let's Begin The Planning...

HandBanana
02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Yall remember this?

Pfm8gyYZFn8

I wonder if this year the fest will end on such a fevered high that we decide we dont want to leave again. This is the way a lot of us usually feel, but 2009 seems to have snowballed into a more palpable feeling of "this cant end, its too rad"

Even in the campground afterwards, it just stretched on into the night. Parades. Makeshift marching bands. Etc.

SoulDischarge
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I plan on throwing a garbage can through Sal's pizza joint immediately after Sly & The Family Stone play.

captncrzy
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Let's organize a riot and try to destroy someone's art! FUCK YEAH!

HandBanana
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
No one was trying to destroy the art.

captncrzy
02-01-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry, but trying to destroy the art and doing something that could result in the destruction of the art are basically the same thing.

im_a_starfish
02-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm sorry, but trying to destroy the art and doing something that could result in the destruction of the art are basically the same thing.

amen

that bugged me

Edmontonian
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Some people I know were in the middle of that escapade in the video, what isn't shown is that when the riot police showed up they used tear gas (might have just been pepper spray, painful regardless) on those unfortunate enough to still be around bangin and hammerin.

Y'all can count me out, I'll be partyin safely in the campground

iammrcandyman
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I think by riot he means something more along the lines of "lets fucking party are asses off and make our own entertainment even after the night's over". Not "lets break shit".

HandBanana
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I think by riot he means something more along the lines of "lets fucking party are asses off and make our own entertainment even after the night's over". Not "lets break shit".

Exactly.

Darth_Bater
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Its all fun and games until someone gets there eyes poked out...or in Coachella's case, pepper-sprayed/tazed.

RedThom
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
i just thought that shit started because people in the back were pissed off that they couldn't hear the Cure after the speakers were shut off.

digitaldragon03
02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
That shit started because we were all still rolling balls after EDC/The Cure stopped and we needed something to make noise on. Honestly one of the most fun moments of my life, everyone was so in tune. Maybe this year we can do it on the makeshift noise/drum thing they usually have so people can stop complaining about the supposed damage to the structure.

JClemy
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I plan on throwing a garbage can through Sal's pizza joint immediately after Sly & The Family Stone play.

http://www.zuguide.com/image/Danny-Aiello-Do-the-Right-Thing.4.jpg

The fuck is wrong with you? This ain't about money, I could give a fuck about money. You see this fucking place? I built this fucking place, with my bare fucking hands. Every light socket, every piece of tile, me, with these fucking hands.

Oh by the way extra Cheese is 2 dollars.

redthreat
02-05-2010, 09:20 AM
people are retarded

michaelmontanez
02-05-2010, 09:41 AM
how about another line of people walking through camp yelling "wake up, party all night" they looked like they were having fun, till the fuzz burned them down.

eskamo951
02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I hope the guy who thought he was an airplane returns. I want to chase him and be a fighter jet.
2AM giant air plane battle!

steavelee2
02-05-2010, 09:35 PM
My colleague, P-E baseball writer Michael Becker, has been raving about Ra Ra Riot for years. I'm just happy they're finally coming to Coachella so I can write about them. It's about time they made the bill. They're playing April 16 (Friday of Coachella 2010).
Here's the band going acoustic in San Francisco with "Each Year," something we won't likely see at Coachella, but this is really fun

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 10:32 PM
i'll bring the pepper spray

magenta
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
boo to the banging and the jaggeling of the metal pieces. oi, and the climbing, vwhats vit zee climbing. The artists were prolly like wtf?

yay to making noise on the make shift/drum thing.

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 10:46 PM
boo to the banging and the jaggeling of the metal pieces. oi, and the climbing, vwhats vit zee climbing. The artists were prolly like wtf?

yay to making noise on the make shift/drum thing.

you mind, redirecting yourself to the "Im Officially Drunk" thread?

Aurgasm
02-06-2010, 08:07 AM
2007 in the campgrounds was a real riot.

Does anyone see Menik in that video? i do 8^)

westcoastpirate
02-06-2010, 09:07 AM
If we get separated meet me after the Cure at the art structure/building near the main beer garden on the way out...oh fuck mace'd again.

menikmati
02-06-2010, 12:00 PM
2007 in the campgrounds was a real riot.

Does anyone see Menik in that video? i do 8^)

I think not....I was no where near that "riot" after Cure.

Bud Luster
02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
That shit started because we were all still rolling balls after EDC/The Cure stopped and we needed something to make noise on. Honestly one of the most fun moments of my life, everyone was so in tune. Maybe this year we can do it on the makeshift noise/drum thing they usually have so people can stop complaining about the supposed damage to the structure.

How about you realize the show is fucking over and get the fuck out.

2007 in the campgrounds was a real riot

Rage fags and hippies having a mongoloid circle jerk / ookie cookie session does not constitute a riot.

Aurgasm
02-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Rage fags and hippies having a mongoloid circle jerk / ookie cookie session does not constitute a riot.

This was hardly what I witnessed. It wasnt the biggest riot but i'd say cops in riot gear, helicopters and drunks wielding glass bottles and debris is quite riotous in my book.

Agree to disagree? Mkay? Thanks, bye now.

djandrews25
02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
People were throwing glass bottles at the cops? How the fuck did they sneak the glass in?

Aurgasm
02-06-2010, 02:09 PM
People were throwing glass bottles at the cops? How the fuck did they sneak the glass in?

are you serious? Anything can be brought into the campground. Where there's a will there's a way.

There was a stand down between a group of ragers and a group of cops. between them was a small fire. one dude had handle of Captain Mo's (or Jack Daniels..dont remember) and he chucked it at the police and all hell broke loose. I saw a few others with beer bottles as well.

djandrews25
02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Those fuckers found any glass i tried to bring in. The biggest loss was my bloody mary mix.

trentmorrison
02-06-2010, 03:51 PM
with fridays headliner, you can throw in some gun play and looting too

redthreat
02-06-2010, 04:13 PM
hyperpolitical people at coachella deserve to get their asses kicked by the cops.

ivankay
02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Some people I know were in the middle of that escapade in the video, what isn't shown is that when the riot police showed up they used tear gas (might have just been pepper spray, painful regardless) on those unfortunate enough to still be around bangin and hammerin.

Y'all can count me out, I'll be partyin safely in the campground

There has to be video of this pepper spraying somewhere. my video shows the cops and i don't see any of them with pepper spray. i don't hear anyone screaming or see anyone reacting as if they got sprayed:

nuFBOE_mrsY

Considering how many pictures and movies were being shot, the pepper spraying should have been captured somewhere.

People who were climbing the structure, how is anyone guaranteed you wouldn't sue GV, Indio, The Polo Fields, the artists or the people who didn't catch you if you fell? Right, there is no guarantee.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 05:25 PM
There has to be video of this pepper spraying somewhere. my video shows the cops and i don't see any of them with pepper spray. i don't hear anyone screaming or see anyone reacting as if they got sprayed:

nuFBOE_mrsY

Considering how many pictures and movies were being shot, the pepper spraying should have been captured somewhere.

People who were climbing the structure, how is anyone guaranteed you wouldn't sue GV, Indio, The Polo Fields, the artists or the people who didn't catch you if you fell? Right, there is no guarantee.

Ha, you and Kingsblend do a pretty funny dance there around 2:30.

Nobody got fucking pepper sprayed. I was right there. The cops came by and everybody fucked off.

ivankay
02-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Ha, you and Kingsblend do a pretty funny dance there around 2:30.

That was fun. He was making fun of me i suspect.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 05:29 PM
That was fun. He was making fun of me i suspect.

I dunno. I think he was just being all weird and bug-eyed and trying to get a picture of you filming stuff.

Leckie
02-08-2010, 07:25 AM
durr let's climb it

Norwalkguy
02-08-2010, 08:35 AM
im taking my new boyfriend for the first time and i hope there are no "Im so sorry that was embarresing" moments at coachella..

i ALMOST took him to Hard Halloween to see Underworld and didnt because of the price..

Thank god!

juloxx
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I dunno. I think he was just being all weird and bug-eyed and trying to get a picture of you filming stuff.

I think that guy was just rolling balls.

RODGERRAMJET
02-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Let's not give the fine folks of Indio a reason not to issue use permits for Coachella 2011. No rioting, please. Just sayin'....think ahead.

Monklish
02-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I think that guy was just rolling balls.

No, he's a bug-eyed weirdo.

CellarOwl
02-11-2010, 10:02 AM

The line between the two begins to blur depending on how many Limp Bizkit fans are directly in attendance.

sithlord
02-11-2010, 10:15 AM
don't taze me, bro.

Sexecutioner
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
oh no, not this again.

Nobody got fucking pepper sprayed. I was right there. The cops came by and everybody fucked off.

you are wrong, btw. i know a guy who got pepper sprayed just for standing around. he was all fucked up after. whatever though, its a new year, lets all riot peacefully this year.

mickflyy
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
how about you all riot in the campgrounds that would be way more fun

michaelmontanez
02-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I second that, but am in full support of conga lines through the campground

Bud Luster
02-11-2010, 02:01 PM
This was hardly what I witnessed. It wasnt the biggest riot but i'd say cops in riot gear, helicopters and drunks wielding glass bottles and debris is quite riotous in my book.

Agree to disagree? Mkay? Thanks, bye now.

Im gonna go ahead and call bullshit. Cops in riot gear, yes. Helicopter (singular) yes. hurling debris and bottles at cops, fucking no.

There was a stand down between a group of ragers and a group of cops. between them was a small fire. one dude had handle of Captain Mo's (or Jack Daniels..dont remember) and he chucked it at the police and all hell broke loose. I saw a few others with beer bottles as well.

All hell did not fucking break loose. The cops didnt do shit. Had shit been thrown at them Im sure the rage fags would have been FUCKING HANDLED. It was incredibly weak and I repeat: all hell did not break loose.

redthreat
02-11-2010, 03:59 PM
ya i was in my tent like 'wtf is all this shit' waiting for the pepper spray cans to get launched into the campgrounds...

Johnnydont
02-12-2010, 02:45 PM

Are you fucking kidding me????

HandBanana
02-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Blacks, man.

They love to crimes.

digitaldragon03
02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey, found a video of some sort of spray. It happens at 0:08.

SB48pxtL7Ok

HandBanana
02-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Yep. And that is precisely where the cops where too. On that side. That's where they came in from.

saulgood
02-25-2010, 05:50 PM

and risk killing Radio Raheem again? C'mon Mookie!

redthreat
02-25-2010, 08:24 PM
how about all you tools go riot at an airport on your way to coachella and get shot by air-marshalls? that'd be fucking badass.

SPX_clothing
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
SAVE a "RIOT" for all the wanna be MTV woodstock posers... riot at Coachella? Go the fuck home eh!

heyeric
03-15-2010, 12:16 PM

QFT, 2010.

lock your doors

heyeric
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM

yup, lol.

lock your doors. put valuables from tent in car as well.

SmokinPenguin
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Wait, did I miss something? Whats everyone "rioting" about??

SPX_clothing
03-15-2010, 12:20 PM
There was none.. People chanting and clapping... having fun... no riot.

Coachella is way too cool for a riot. what would be the point?