PDA

View Full Version : P.O.S. ...dont miss him

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 10:29 PM
honestly his album "Never Better" is one of the best hip hop alnums ive heard in a while,... even if you only like the genre a little make sure you watch this guy should be sick

alex gardner
01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
i couldn't disagree more. his old shit was really good, and when i saw him back in 04' he put on a kick ass, high energy show. when i saw him last april right before coachella, it was quite a bit different. no energy, corny songs with him strumming power chords on a guitar, the new material just isn't very good. i'm not against live instrumentation in hip-hop, but this shit was just no good.

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
i couldn't disagree more. his old shit was really good, and when i saw him back in 04' he put on a kick ass, high energy show. when i saw him last april right before coachella, it was quite a bit different. no energy, corny songs with him strumming power chords on a guitar, the new material just isn't very good. i'm not against live instrumentation in hip-hop, but this shit was just no good.

are you kidding optimist is an amazing track, and drumroll ... i have no idea how you could perform that with no energy

stinkbutt
01-31-2010, 10:56 PM
You would think that until you actually see it.

P.O.S. hasn't been good since Ipecac Neat.

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 10:58 PM
his new stuff is definitely different than his old but i honestly like it better... but i havent seen it live yet so.......

alex gardner
01-31-2010, 11:13 PM
to each their own, i happen to feel the same way as stinkbutt. except i kinda liked audition. his live show just isn't what it used to be.

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 11:25 PM
still stoked for him ... de la soul should be dope as well

nbvcide
02-01-2010, 12:04 AM
did any of you watch him when he played Coachella last year?

no?

hypocrites..

lowercase
02-01-2010, 12:14 AM
P.O.S. is a good dude...i like his side project Building Better Bombs.... ive seen him several times in Jacksonville/Gainesville and more... hope his appeal grows..should be fun to watch...
fyi...really one of the politest and accommodating artists out there..

alex gardner
02-01-2010, 12:17 AM

no?

hypocrites..

i watched his set 2 days before he played at coachella.

dumbfuck.

FoxeyLady
02-01-2010, 12:27 AM
I saw his set at Coachella and while he did have a lot of energy, it just didn't sound good. I've listened to some of his music and it's good, but his Coachella performance was weak IMO but it probably suffered from lack of crowd (he played the mojave at like 1 pm).

It's funny, he was never on the poster for 2009 and I posted a thread (under a different name) when he was confirmed to be playing Coachella (he was touring with Atmosphere) according to the dates pitchfork posted for their tour. The thread got moved to rumors/gossip/wishlist, but he still ended up there once set times were posted...

alex gardner
02-01-2010, 12:34 AM
I saw his set at Coachella and while he did have a lot of energy, it just didn't sound good. I've listened to some of his music and it's good, but his Coachella performance was weak IMO but it probably suffered from lack of crowd (he played the mojave at like 1 pm).

It's funny, he was never on the poster for 2009 and I posted a thread (under a different name) when he was confirmed to be playing Coachella (he was touring with Atmosphere) according to the dates pitchfork posted for their tour. The thread got moved to rumors/gossip/wishlist, but he still ended up there once set times were posted...

you should have seen him when he was touring with atmosphere before "you can't imagine.." was released, now that was a hell of a show. atmosphere's first tour with his band, and p.o.s. fucking wrecked it. it was in a tiny, shithole 200 capacity club in vegas, and he had every single person in there moving. i hadn't heard about p.o.s., and right after his set was over i went and copped his demo.

Mammoth85
02-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Just watched a few of his videos on youtube and was really impressed. I'll definitely be catching him.

mickflyy
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM

no?

hypocrites..

nope i missed it but will watch this year for sure hopefully he wont be on as early though

icarus
02-01-2010, 09:58 AM
P.O.S. was amazing last year, and I plan on catching him again in Atlanta in March, and I'm pretty sure I'll want to watch him a third time at Coachella. He's fucking good.

PJandBompton
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Haven't heard 1 song from him other than his Why Go cover, which is fucking awesome...gonna have to research him

nbvcide
02-01-2010, 03:32 PM
i watched his set 2 days before he played at coachella.

yes. i can read.

and you enjoyed that performance so well that you skipped it at chella?

alex gardner
02-02-2010, 02:19 AM
yes. i can read.

and you enjoyed that performance so well that you skipped it at chella?

you sure you can read?

i will say it again, you are a dumbfuck.

nbvcide
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
once again, i'm not TALKING about back in '04, and i'm not TALKING about when you saw him at a show before coachella last april

i'm talking about when he played COACHELLA..

besides the fact that my original post wasn't even directed at YOU, but at the OP who insisted we not 'miss him' even though he just played last year..

ADGZ662
02-02-2010, 05:16 PM
once again, i'm not TALKING about back in '04, and i'm not TALKING about when you saw him at a show before coachella last april

besides the fact that my original post wasn't even directed at YOU, but at the OP who insisted we not 'miss him' even though he just played last year..

I saw him at coachella last year it was alright, thats all. GV should've booked some other hip hop act this year but oh well it seems like they care less and less about hip hop every year and im talkin about the lower billed acts on the lineup!

mickflyy
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM

yo momma is an OP

SDsoldier7
02-03-2010, 08:10 AM
this clip is convincing:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U9Re9a4pBgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U9Re9a4pBgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

alex gardner
02-03-2010, 08:59 AM

just keep in mind that you called us hypocrites for not watching his coachella set. now, i watched his set 2 days before he played at coachella and it was fucking terrible. should i have watched him 2 days later at coachella, to see if he pulled out all the stops for the highly coveted 1:00 p.m. outdoor theater slot? i bet it was a totally different performance, and it would have completely changed my opinion of his live performance.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't miss him, either.

Jakedeez
02-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I saw him about 4 years back in my home town. He came onstage, walked down into the middle of the crowd of about 1,000 people and rapped right in the middle of everybody his first 3 songs. It was cool, ive never seen someone do that.

mickflyy
02-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't miss him, either.

that made me giggle

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 02:26 PM
yo momma is an OP

daaammmnnnn straight..

Kenjin
02-04-2010, 03:36 PM
ive never seen p.o.s. but i couldnt be more excited, regardless of anyone's experiences.

and i like every album, although audition is my favorite.

fiopadp7791
02-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Having the luxury of living in Minneapolis where most of the Rhyme Sayers guys (including POS) are based, I'll see him if there's nothing else I really wanna see at the same time. Because I'll probably have a few more chances to see him this year. But I do recommend checking him out. He's very good live. I was late in discovering him for where I live and him being around with the Doomtree Crew, and I think he's very good.

mickflyy
02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
would be sick if he did drumroll and purexed with a live drummer

eturnol
02-08-2010, 11:40 PM
i love purexed and drumroll. this is the most refreshing hip hop i have heard in years. i hope POS can recreate the intensity of these tracks live. i'll be there to find out!

mickflyy
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
how do you embed video?

GuyInTucson
02-12-2010, 05:29 PM
P.O.S is decent... I am just glad no one else from Rhymesayers is playing this year. I really hate nerd rap and that's what a lot of Rhymesayers is about. Booking them or someone like Sage Francis would suck serious ass.

Yablonowitz
02-13-2010, 05:22 PM

His show last year was fucking ace, dumbass. You perceive things wrong.

Yablonowitz
02-13-2010, 05:22 PM

You're dumb. Big dumb face.

Yablonowitz
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
You would think that until you actually see it.

P.O.S. hasn't been good since Ipecac Neat.

You haven't been good since the '40's.

Yablonowitz
02-13-2010, 05:28 PM
you should have seen him when he was touring with atmosphere before "you can't imagine.." was released, now that was a hell of a show. atmosphere's first tour with his band, and p.o.s. fucking wrecked it. it was in a tiny, shithole 200 capacity club in vegas, and he had every single person in there moving. i hadn't heard about p.o.s., and right after his set was over i went and copped his demo.

You should have seen your mother when she was touring with me.

Yablonowitz
02-13-2010, 05:29 PM
P.O.S. was amazing last year, and I plan on catching him again in Atlanta in March, and I'm pretty sure I'll want to watch him a third time at Coachella. He's fucking good.

You're in the wrong place, this thread is full of troglodytes.

becomingcloser
02-14-2010, 01:48 AM
would be sick if he did drumroll and purexed with a live drummer

This.

alex gardner
02-14-2010, 04:21 AM
You should have seen your mother when she was touring with me.

wow you are so hilarious with your mother jokes. a little upset, are we? you're a fanboy of a completely generic, c list hip hop artist. cry some more, ******.

PanasonicYouth
02-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Never Better is one of the better hip hop releases in the past 5 years. Definitely going to see him

Yablonowitz
02-14-2010, 12:14 PM
wow you are so hilarious with your mother jokes. a little upset, are we? you're a fanboy of a completely generic, c list hip hop artist. cry some more, ******.

Nice homophobic slur. Get thee to Ozzfest.

alex gardner
02-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Nice homophobic slur. Get thee to Ozzfest.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-otAJrtY-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-otAJrtY-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

alex gardner
02-14-2010, 10:21 PM

mickflyy
02-15-2010, 03:42 AM

that post just made youre opinion void douche ... you are a douche and everything you say or think is douche-y ... if p.o.s.is c rate then who is a rate ..... wait wait let me guess so no name no talent fuck who puts out boring music therefore has no fans and now you can think you are interesting because you just happen to be one of the few people who listens to them ... why dont you go post on the tiesto thread you might find some like minded idiots there

alex gardner
02-15-2010, 06:13 AM
that post just made youre opinion void douche ... you are a douche and everything you say or think is douche-y ... if p.o.s.is c rate then who is a rate ..... wait wait let me guess so no name no talent fuck who puts out boring music therefore has no fans and now you can think you are interesting because you just happen to be one of the few people who listens to them ... why dont you go post on the tiesto thread you might find some like minded idiots there ....(sorry if im being harsh blame monklish)

my opinion making tears well up in your eyes? listen to more hip-hop, dipshit. if you would have seen p.o.s. in 04', you would see his live show, and music in general, has taken 4 steps backward. his old set was a high energy, quality hip hop show. now it has become a generic snoozefest with steph strumming power chords on a guitar while mean mugging the audience, and emotional rock-influenced singing. yeah, his new shit is C-RATE. you want to hear a-rate hip hop music? how about you listen to the new freeway/jake one album.

if you don't like my opinion, fine, keep it moving. i'm not gonna sit here and talk shit about people who are excited to see him, or think his current show is good, cause that's their opinion. i happen to disagree, and i had already seen p.o.s. live multiple times when you were still trading pokemon cards with your friends in middle school. so shut the fuck up you misinformed bitch, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you making idiotic assumptions about me that couldn't be further from the truth solidify this.

furthermore, your clusterfuck of a run-on paragraph was so difficult to read, it made my head hurt. run your shit through a spell check. use puncuation. learn how to form a sentence, and then maybe, just maybe, i could take your argument seriously.

mickflyy
02-15-2010, 12:45 PM
my opinion making tears well up in your eyes? listen to more hip-hop, dipshit. if you would have seen p.o.s. in 04', you would see his live show, and music in general, has taken 4 steps backward. his old set was a high energy, quality hip hop show. now it has become a generic snoozefest with steph strumming power chords on a guitar while mean mugging the audience, and emotional rock-influenced singing. yeah, his new shit is C-RATE. you want to hear a-rate hip hop music? how about you listen to the new freeway/jake one album.

if you don't like my opinion, fine, keep it moving. i'm not gonna sit here and talk shit about people who are excited to see him, or think his current show is good, cause that's their opinion. i happen to disagree, and i had already seen p.o.s. live multiple times when you were still trading pokemon cards with your friends in middle school. so shut the fuck up you misinformed bitch, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you making idiotic assumptions about me that couldn't be further from the truth solidify this.

furthermore, your clusterfuck of a run-on paragraph was so difficult to read, it made my head hurt. run your shit through a spell check. use puncuation. learn how to form a sentence, and then maybe, just maybe, i could take your argument seriously.

because calling someone "******" because they disagree with you is very intelligent

rasooli
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM
reminds me of a mix between Sage Francis, Atmosphere, and Aesop Rock. Sounds sort of like that Def Jux style too. If anything this music is something i would of been listening to like five, six years ago. Not impressed by him so far.....

Yablonowitz
02-20-2010, 11:16 AM

But starting a sentence with a capital letter is optional?

Hannahrain
02-20-2010, 11:19 AM
The internet covers the whole world, Greg. Not just the US. Widespread as it may seem, capitalism doesn't fly everywhere.

alex gardner
02-20-2010, 12:04 PM
But starting a sentence with a capital letter is optional?

yes.

juloxx
02-20-2010, 12:13 PM
because calling someone "******" because they disagree with you is very intelligent

Queer

mickflyy
02-20-2010, 02:17 PM
you wish buddy

mickflyy
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
the beat is dope and the lyrics are great why all the hate?
P.O.S. Purexed

I'm trying not to slip
been trying not to lose footing
loose lands keeps that pressure on my kicks
but when i fall i tend to land like a ton of bricks
stand like a man made of concrete and sediment like
fuck your skin
nobody needs it
thers bones muscle and blood
whats realer than fat and tendons
its raw no soft tissue to draw your eyes to it
so far flesh aint the truest at all
lets rip into it
we all sick of the missed shots
passed over like the last man picked no team so pissed off
thats not honesty
thats just soft curves got your world flipped
got you makin mixtapes for girls
and thats the skin again stretching itself so fluidly over these awkward ligaments
and i didnt shave today
i probly wont tomorrow when its safe to say i'm never gonna shed these extra

[chorus]
yea so fuck it
back to the wall
crush it laugh at em all
hush let em try to find the beauty in your face
yea something more than us all
hatin awh come on
dust let em try to find the beauty in the bassline
love it when the words dont change
we dont sing thats why we fade away
yea we do our own damn things
we dont blink at what tomorrow might bring at all
love it when love it when the words dont change
yea we do our own damn thing

in us we trust
no rush for bucks no sweat just enough
them words from love
no hits i let the track stand like how it was written is how it hit me
or road cycle kids with the grip the skid fixees?
that let it roll like whatever
they kick that gingivitis
them rappers got the itis
catch me bumpin isis in a crisis stead of watchin yall countin lead sheep at the same time
whats the science of that
i know that it sweeps away the movement is at?
we in that coma capital spotless home team with hands steadily purexed but never quite clean
bloody as hell rarely will i care

alex gardner
03-10-2010, 06:01 AM
the beat is dope and the lyrics are great why all the hate?
P.O.S. Purexed

I'm trying not to slip
been trying not to lose footing
loose lands keeps that pressure on my kicks
but when i fall i tend to land like a ton of bricks
stand like a man made of concrete and sediment like
fuck your skin
nobody needs it
thers bones muscle and blood
whats realer than fat and tendons
its raw no soft tissue to draw your eyes to it
so far flesh aint the truest at all
lets rip into it
we all sick of the missed shots
passed over like the last man picked no team so pissed off
thats not honesty
thats just soft curves got your world flipped
got you makin mixtapes for girls
and thats the skin again stretching itself so fluidly over these awkward ligaments
and i didnt shave today
i probly wont tomorrow when its safe to say i'm never gonna shed these extra

[chorus]
yea so fuck it
back to the wall
crush it laugh at em all
hush let em try to find the beauty in your face
yea something more than us all
hatin awh come on
dust let em try to find the beauty in the bassline
love it when the words dont change
yea we do our own damn things
love it when love it when the words dont change
yea we do our own damn thing

in us we trust
no rush for bucks no sweat just enough
them words from love
no hits i let the track stand like how it was written is how it hit me
or road cycle kids with the grip the skid fixees?
that let it roll like whatever
they kick that gingivitis
them rappers got the itis
catch me bumpin isis in a crisis stead of watchin yall countin lead sheep at the same time
whats the science of that
i know that it sweeps away the movement is at?
we in that coma capital spotless home team with hands steadily purexed but never quite clean
bloody as hell rarely will i care

edit

mrtrip
03-10-2010, 06:13 AM
i saw him in minnesota, puts on a damn good show

GuyInTucson
03-10-2010, 07:33 AM
After listening to bits of Ipecac Neat and Audition I have decided that this guy reminds me too much of every other underground hip hop artist that has a chip on his shoulder and takes shots at the mainstream. It's good if you are into that sort of thing, but I grew tired of it six years ago. It's cliché now.

alex gardner
03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
After listening to bits of Ipecac Neat and Audition I have decided that this guy reminds me too much of every other underground hip hop artist that has a chip on his shoulder and takes shots at the mainstream. It's good if you are into that sort of thing, but I grew tired of it six years ago. It's cliché now.

audition had some really good cuts on it though.

mickflyy
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4296/nobodygivesafuck2jc0.jpg

hey alex is that you on the bottom row 3rd from the left? ...nice hair buddy

GuyInTucson
03-10-2010, 03:13 PM
audition had some really good cuts on it though.

Both have good tracks, but the overall quality of them is a step back from his earlier work. I think you and I probably feel about the same regarding P.O.S.

I used to be big into underground hip hop, but the whole Rhymesayers crew and Sage Francis really turned me off to that era of underground hip hop. P.O.S reminds me too much of that stuff, which is probably why he is signed to Rhymesayers. I'll probably give him a quick five-minute look and if it's worth staying, I will.

mickflyy
03-12-2010, 01:41 AM
maybe thats it, i dont like his older stuff as much as his new stuff

mickflyy
03-15-2010, 07:07 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1JHbUuWzVNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1JHbUuWzVNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

mickflyy
03-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Sick Track

foxydj
03-16-2010, 11:38 AM
im down with p.o.s should be some quailty hiphop for coachella

PanasonicYouth
03-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Plus he's wearing a fucking Converge shirt in that video, and mentions Isis. Dude knows his metal

thefrush
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I really like the song Goodbye, but I've only heard the album all the way through a couple times, but it was good. I plan to check him out.

mickflyy
03-21-2010, 02:54 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/34vtNCxwTcc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/34vtNCxwTcc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

nbvcide
03-21-2010, 09:58 PM
so.. does P.O.S. stand for Piece Of Shit?

mickflyy
03-21-2010, 11:57 PM
What a wanker^^^^, did it take very long to think of that?

firesuite
03-22-2010, 12:07 AM
so.. does P.O.S. stand for Piece Of Shit?

This is one of those "everybody's thinking it, nobody says shit" moments, but not because anyone's afraid to... it's just... the joke's way too fuckin easy, it writes itself. Even our stupidest board members won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I'm really disappointed in you. And I have no idea who you are.

nbvcide
03-23-2010, 12:49 AM
what joke? i was asking seriously..

thefrush
03-23-2010, 11:39 AM
wiki:

P.O.S began as a punk rock musician. In high school, Alexander and his friends played punk shows in a band called "Om," in which he first came to be referred to as "Pissed Off Stef." The abbreviation has taken on various and indefinite meanings including, "Product of Society," "Promise of Stress," "Promise of Skill," "Plain Ole Stefon," and "Piece of Shit."

...he also regularly gives thanks to his Irish friend Patrick O'Sullivan, whom it is said was the inspiration behind the name.

mickflyy
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes, but that other guy was just trying to be a dick.

alex gardner
03-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes, but that other guy was just trying to be a dick.

no, he really is just retarded. wes is probably one of the top three dumbest people on the board.

mickflyy
03-28-2010, 11:52 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OpHJUJIrpU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OpHJUJIrpU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Coachella Bound
03-28-2010, 11:55 AM
caught him this summer and its deff worth checking out... R.S.E.

becomingcloser
03-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I saw him two weeks ago, and it was amazing. There's a picture in the "post a picture of yourself" thread. He's super cool.

mickflyy
04-04-2010, 10:54 PM
bump

mickflyy
04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
10 more days!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQIEuugmarY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQIEuugmarY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

boyalien0
04-06-2010, 04:26 PM
A co-worker of mine introduced me to Doomtree a few months ago, and that shit blew me away. I hadn't heard any of P.O.S.'s solo shit until I heard Purexed about....5 days ago. At this point, I've listened to "Never Better" at least ten times and wouldn't miss P.O.S. for damn near anyone else on the bill. SO FUCKING STOKED. That Pearl Jam cover is pretty effin' sweet, too.

luckyface
04-07-2010, 09:12 AM
10 more days!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQIEuugmarY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQIEuugmarY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This is pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

mickflyy
04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
I really like that cover but I can't find a downloadable version anywhere.

GaragePoet
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
LOVE THAT PEARL JAM COVER!!! i was already planning on seeing P.O.S. this year, even if i have to send my g/f to the Sahara for a while... given the serious lack of hip hop at Coachella this year (De La is great, but Jay-Z doesn't do it for me), this is a MUST-SEE!!

mickflyy
04-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm curious as too which songs from albums other than Never Better you guys like.

thefrush
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I really like that cover but I can't find a downloadable version anywhere.

www.dirpy.com

mickflyy
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
www.dirpy.com

Dude you are the shit. Thanks man, I wish there were more cool and helpful people like you on the board. I owe you a beer.

GaragePoet
04-07-2010, 09:34 PM
p.s. i think it's sad that artists have to brag these days about not using auto-tune... i'd rather listen to a bad singer truly try than listen to a computed rendition of a shit voice..

mickflyy
04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
p.s. i think it's sad that artists have to brag these days about not using auto-tune... i'd rather listen to a bad singer truly try than listen to a computed rendition of a shit voice..

I totally agree, but I think he was just joking around, kind of like a slap in the face to all those shitty rappers who do use it.

becomingcloser
04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm curious as too which songs from albums other than Never Better you guys like.

I love "Gimme Gimme Gunshots" off of Ipecac Neat. That is definitely a first major release, as the production just isn't really there.

To be honest, Audition is my favorite. "De La Souls" is probably my favorite off of this one. "Bush League Psyche-Out Stuff" with Slug has a sick, sick bassline. Man, that whole album kills it.

SDsoldier7
04-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Him, Jay-Z, and De La Soul next week for me. Going to be my first hip hop shows since Knaan @ coachella 2009. Prolly will be my only hip hop shows till coachella 2011. So I am really looking forward to this.

mickflyy
04-09-2010, 04:43 PM
I love "Gimme Gimme Gunshots" off of Ipecac Neat. That is definitely a first major release, as the production just isn't really there.

To be honest, Audition is my favorite. "De La Souls" is probably my favorite off of this one. "Bush League Psyche-Out Stuff" with Slug has a sick, sick bassline. Man, that whole album kills it.

Yeah I like Auditon too, but Never Better is my favorite.

mickflyy
04-10-2010, 11:53 AM
I never really gave this song a chance I kinda just skipped over it, regrets.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3f9BGPOSsfk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3f9BGPOSsfk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SDsoldier7
04-10-2010, 12:15 PM
So mickflyy, are you excited to see him?

mickflyy
04-10-2010, 08:25 PM
So mickflyy, are you excited to see him?

Hell yes this is the only thread about him on here and it seems like I'm the only one keeping it alive. Not too much love for him on here I guess.:nono

darkjustice
04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I'll be there

SDsoldier7
04-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Hell yes this is the only thread about him on here and it seems like I'm the only one keeping it alive. Not too much love for him on here I guess.:nono

Ha, I was being sarcastic.

Glad to meet someone on here that appreciates his music. Definately excited to catch his set next week. My soul needs some good, live, filthy hip hop ASAP. I think POS will take care of that for me next week. This will be my first time catching him and most likely the last since I do not go to hip hop shows anymore.

Jarv Nasty
04-11-2010, 06:59 AM
really not sure what to expect as far as his live set-up goes. this recent album had a lot of instrumentation that didn't exactly sound MIDI generated...

Neighborhood Creep
04-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Ill be seeing him a month after coachella also at Soundset in the Minneapolis area along with Atmosphere, Red/Meth, Brother Ali, Freeway and some other Rhymesayers. Hoping there isn't a conflict for this next week.

mickflyy
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Ill be seeing him a month after coachella also at Soundset in the Minneapolis area along with Atmosphere, Red/Meth, Brother Ali, Freeway and some other Rhymesayers. Hoping there isn't a conflict for this next week.

That's a good line up, should be a goos show for sure. 5 more days!

mickflyy
04-12-2010, 10:09 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKUt5g1AiJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKUt5g1AiJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WhyTheLongFace
04-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Wasn't he on Sunday?

But anyways he will be the 1st act I see this weekend. Pop my 2010 cherry P.O.S

mickflyy
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Best way to start the festival, if you missed him :nono.

deftonepuma
04-19-2010, 11:25 PM
He had a lot of foot traffic thanks to being in the Gobi. Good for him. He played to the type of crowd by choosing his harder hitting studio tracks than say traditional hip-hop cuts.

Mammoth85
04-20-2010, 12:02 AM
He was brilliant. Completely impressed.

becomingcloser
04-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I have a video of Purexed, and I was pretty close. I'll post it soon.

The dude he was pointing at when he said, "Just ask that guy." in regards to his thumb-wrestling skills was me.

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Sweet. get posting.

fiopadp7791
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
So... errrmm... yeah... I was literally in line at LAX waiting to board my flight back to Minneapolis Monday afternoon (you can actually see the people in line boarding in the background of the pic). And who comes scampering in to make the flight just in time? P.O.S. (and the members of Building Better Bombs and Plain Ole Bill)

You still gotta have time for a quick pic while waiting in line. Super nice guy. Super down to earth. I'll have the chance probably to see him 3 more times this year in MPLS... but still saw him early Fri in the Gobi. Killed it.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7112/coachella2010112.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/coachella2010112.jpg/)

Mammoth85
04-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Jealous.

mickflyy
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Cool pic.

becomingcloser
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Awesome. His hat is hilarious.