PDA

View Full Version : Legal guarduan??

Natelevmofuggaz
01-31-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm 17, and would really prefer to camp onsite this year. I was wondering if a friend (who is over 18/21) could count as a legal guardian?

Laura owns you
01-31-2010, 10:28 AM
no, and i'm not sure why you would think that. does your friend who's just a few months older than you have legal custody of you?

probably not, no.

miscorrections
01-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Ask yourself what "legal guardian" means. Then feel free to fuck right off.

myelectrolife
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Im not 100% sure but a venue near me allowed me to be the legal guardian of a complete stranger who didnt have her ID with her. They asked "are you willing to be responsible for this person if ANYTHING happens to her?" I said "yes" and she was in.

However in retrospect it was a really stupid thing to do. If you happen to party to hard and get in trouble or hurt guess whos door the cops are knocking on. Your friend is RESPONSIBLE. I dont know about you but i can barely take care of myself after a weekend of partying let alone another person.

darksideofkaos.
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
Ok so unless they have custody of you then no... Research this before you take it to heart, but I remember reading somewhere that if you are accompanied by someone who is over 26, even if they are not your legal guardian, then they can act as almost a caretaker. This is not specific to Coachella though so don't count on this working. If you are 17 plan on camping with mommy, daddy, or whoever takes care of you.

Stickjohn
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Are sugar daddies legal guardians?

Wheres the beef?
01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
No but they are legal guarduans.

Laura owns you
01-31-2010, 11:52 AM
guarduans are way better than guardians.

Wheres the beef?
01-31-2010, 11:59 AM
The guarduans have been extinct for centuries! Not since The Old Times have I heard such reckless talk.

darksideofkaos.
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I heard if you have a legal guarduan you get in for free

Laura owns you
01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
The guarduans have been extinct for centuries! Not since The Old Times have I heard such reckless talk.

they're not extinct, they live in the hidden valleys with the unicorns and glitterbots.

CiderMouseRules
01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
no, and i'm not sure why you would think that. does your friend who's just a few months older than you have legal custody of you?

probably not, no.

This was an asshole post.

bmack86
01-31-2010, 05:13 PM
No, it was a logical post. Hanging out with someone who is over 18 will not make them your guardian, let alone legal guardian. Think about terms and what they mean before you ask if your friend, who doesn't provide you with shelter and wouldn't have any legal responsibilty for your actions and choices as a minor, is your guardian.

Natelevmofuggaz
01-31-2010, 10:12 PM
I see the logic, but it was still an asshole post. I know that my friend is technically not my "legal guardian" but I've heard stories of people under 18 camping with 21/25 year olds that were not their "legal guardians", plus I was let into the camp ground Sunday night of 08 without being checked and stayed with a friend. I was 15 at the time, and there was no problem. The purpose of this thread was to see if there was anyone who has had first or second hand experience of someone passing a friend off as a legal guardian at Coachella.

I know it must be tempting to be condescending to people who are under 18 on this message board (or any message board for that matter), but you guys were 17 once too.. you know how this shit goes.

Thanks to the people who gave actual advice.

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 10:13 PM
I heard if you have a legal guarduan you get in for free

lmfao

Laura owns you
02-01-2010, 04:02 AM
I see the logic, but it was still an asshole post. I know that my friend is technically not my "legal guardian" but I've heard stories of people under 18 camping with 21/25 year olds that were not their "legal guardians", plus I was let into the camp ground Sunday night of 08 without being checked and stayed with a friend. I was 15 at the time, and there was no problem. The purpose of this thread was to see if there was anyone who has had first or second hand experience of someone passing a friend off as a legal guardian at Coachella.

I know it must be tempting to be condescending to people who are under 18 on this message board (or any message board for that matter), but you guys were 17 once too.. you know how this shit goes.

Thanks to the people who gave actual advice.

you're an idiot if you expect anyone on this message board to respond to that post with some "serious advice."

here's some more asshole posting: if you already got into the campgrounds once, then congrats, you know your way in. no, no one is going to pretend that your little friends, who, if they are 25, should know better than to camp with minors, are going to be responsible for you. goldenvoice knows they aren't. i know they aren't. and i think even you in your little 17 year old heart knows it to. so get a fucking hotel room or sneak into camping with all the other minors who are smart enough to realize that thats what you have to do.

jesus. some peoples kids.

(now THAT was some asshole posting.)

Natelevmofuggaz
02-01-2010, 09:30 AM
you're an idiot if you expect anyone on this message board to respond to that post with some "serious advice."

here's some more asshole posting: if you already got into the campgrounds once, then congrats, you know your way in. no, no one is going to pretend that your little friends, who, if they are 25, should know better than to camp with minors, are going to be responsible for you. goldenvoice knows they aren't. i know they aren't. and i think even you in your little 17 year old heart knows it to. so get a fucking hotel room or sneak into camping with all the other minors who are smart enough to realize that thats what you have to do.

jesus. some peoples kids.

(now THAT was some asshole posting.)

:'(

Hey you know what takes no effort at all? Shutting the fuck up. TWO people have given me advice on this matter already, and you take the time to call me an idiot for thanking them/seeking more advice? Seriously? This will be my fifth Coachella, I believe I know my way around the festival (and where I have to stay to go to the festival) by now. "Oh look at the minor, he's been to four Coachellas and he told me to shut the fuck up! Let's get in an internet fightlolol!!!!111!11one!!1"

No, let's not.

I'm tired of camping offsite, and if there's any possibility at all of staying onsite then I'll take it (although I am aware that it is unlikely). I have a friend who's 27 that will be staying onsite and who would be willing to take responsibility for me (I know how to take care of myself quite well, and so does he.)

Jesus, some peoples fucking KIDS.

psychic friend
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I love the asshole posts. they are usually to the point and informative.. even though they may sting a little. I guess that is what is meant by "the truth hurts" ?

xxoo
PF

mountmccabe
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm tired of camping offsite, and if there's any possibility at all of staying onsite then I'll take it (although I am aware that it is unlikely). I have a friend who's 27 that will be staying onsite and who would be willing to take responsibility for me (I know how to take care of myself quite well, and so does he.)

It sounds like you understand that what you will be doing will be against the rules and that your 27 year old friend will not actually be your legal guardian and that Coachella Security/check-in crew will have every right to turn you away... so while I still won't go as far as to recommend it because doing so can cause problems for everybody it sounds like you're determined to try. Good luck, I hope it doesn't cause problems for you or the festival and I hope you have a viable backup plan if you get turned away.

x-post with PF

Natelevmofuggaz
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM
It sounds like you understand that what you will be doing will be against the rules and that your 27 year old friend will not actually be your legal guardian and that Coachella Security/check-in crew will have every right to turn you away... so while I still won't go as far as to recommend it because doing so can cause problems for everybody it sounds like you're determined to try. Good luck, I hope it doesn't cause problems for you or the festival and I hope you have a viable backup plan if you get turned away.

I mean if it's going to be "hella sketch", I'll find another place to stay. There's no way I will let my determination to stay onsite ruin my weekend. I was just trying to see how sketchy it would actually be to try that. But hey, thanks for not being an asshole.

Stickjohn
02-01-2010, 04:52 PM
There's no way I will let my determination to stay onsite ruin my weekend.

That's the spirit. And a seventeen year old attending five Coachella's is pretty cool in my book. I'm sure you understand that a lot of these rules are driven by city permits, liability insurance issues, etc. One more year!

Laura owns you
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Hey you know what takes no effort at all? Shutting the fuck up. TWO people have given me advice on this matter already, and you take the time to call me an idiot for thanking them/seeking more advice? Seriously? This will be my fifth Coachella, I believe I know my way around the festival (and where I have to stay to go to the festival) by now. "Oh look at the minor, he's been to four Coachellas and he told me to shut the fuck up! Let's get in an internet fightlolol!!!!111!11one!!1"

No, let's not.

Surely you're not implying that your parents shitty parenting skills are an argument for you knowing your way around a festival? wow....

if you "know your way around" Coachella, then you know what the deal is with camping. 18+ or with a guardian. that guardian bit is new this year, and its gonna suck. as is, camping should be 21+ but thats a whole different topic. if you are not of age to camp, you are not of age to camp, and to set up shop on said festival's message board asking for tips to get around the rules, you are indeed an idiot. no way around it. you're just dumb.

why don't you focus your energy somewhere productive. there are at least 4 threads on this board with detailed instructions for sneaking drugs into the festival. you'll have a much easier time doing that than sneaking your non-discreet self into camping.

/end rant. i feel much better now.

bluemamba
02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
well you cant blame someone for trying to get around.

Stickjohn
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
He's probably been in the beer gardens more than I have.

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM

No, let's not.

jesus christ... you sound like some fuckin 17 year old!!

oh, wait..