PDA

View Full Version : WHY I SHOULD UPGRADE TO VIP?

JappyChan
01-30-2010, 04:25 PM
thinking to go vip but i don't see anything on the website that gives a description why i should go vip

if there is send me links

or if you know all the advantages

please let me know

cause its not that much more to upgrade :D

mountmccabe
01-30-2010, 04:40 PM
You shouldn't. Or, I guess, if you consider it "not that much more" you might appreciate it.

VIP doesn't get you closer to the stages. It doesn't get you into the venue faster. It doesn't get you better parking.

VIP gets you into a special fenced off area that has couches in the shade, misters, unique food options and a bar complete with hard alcohol, beer and wine (the beer gardens only sell Heineken products (and maybe wine.)) The VIP area also has its own bathrooms, which tend to be nicer/cleaner than the general portapotties and trailers.

It is a nice place to relax when you don't want to see any bands or check out the art. It isn't much of a place to watch the bands from, though you can see a side view of the Coachella stage (i.e the main stage) from parts of the VIP.

Disclaimer: this is how it has worked in the past; GV may switch it up, who knows.

JappyChan
01-30-2010, 05:07 PM
You shouldn't. Or, I guess, if you consider it "not that much more" you might appreciate it.

VIP doesn't get you closer to the stages. It doesn't get you into the venue faster. It doesn't get you better parking.

VIP gets you into a special fenced off area that has couches in the shade, misters, unique food options and a bar complete with hard alcohol, beer and wine (the beer gardens only sell Heineken products (and maybe wine.)) The VIP area also has its own bathrooms, which tend to be nicer/cleaner than the general portapotties and trailers.

It is a nice place to relax when you don't want to see any bands or check out the art. It isn't much of a place to watch the bands from, though you can see a side view of the Coachella stage (i.e the main stage) from parts of the VIP.

Disclaimer: this is how it has worked in the past; GV may switch it up, who knows.

thank you for your reply sounds kinda lame that it doesn't get you in faster or get you closer to the stage i hope they change it up if i see nothing else posted in the next 2 weeks im buying regular tickets

one other question are all the drinks and food at vip free and it be open 24/7?(doubt it be open 24/7 just hoping cause i eat a lot of food)

cause if thats so it still might be worth it cause im guessing food is going to be expensive

invisiblerobots
01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
I got to meet PF via VIP and Vincent Gallo sat down in front of me at one point. I thought he was a hobo until my girlfriend tipped me off. The couches were nice too.

Stickjohn
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
doesn't VIP give you special access to at least some of the stages? reserved areas to the side of the stages in the tents?

gaypalmsprings
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
I got to meet PF via VIP and Vincent Gallo sat down in front of me at one point. I thought he was a hobo until my girlfriend tipped me off. The couches were nice too.

Did you take a photo of PF?

miscorrections
01-30-2010, 06:39 PM
thank you for your reply sounds kinda lame that it doesn't get you in faster or get you closer to the stage i hope they change it up if i see nothing else posted in the next 2 weeks im buying regular tickets

one other question are all the drinks and food at vip free and it be open 24/7?(doubt it be open 24/7 just hoping cause i eat a lot of food)

cause if thats so it still might be worth it cause im guessing food is going to be expensive

The festival closes (ostensibly) at midnight, so no, it's not 24 hours. Food and drinks are also not free.

doesn't VIP give you special access to at least some of the stages? reserved areas to the side of the stages in the tents?

VIP does not give you any stage access. The only thing that will do that is an all access pass, which you can get by renting a safari tent or one of their various packages for an incredibly large sum of money.

invisiblerobots
01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Did you take a photo of PF?

She's unphotographable (that's not a slight by any means but I respect her anonymity). She'll slip out like a ninja or jesus. She seriously has those skills. I was just lucky to tread the same grounds as her. And her tattoo is way more awesome in real life.

psychic friend
01-30-2010, 07:07 PM
lol

Lame Story
01-30-2010, 08:43 PM
...cause its not that much more to upgrade :D

...if i see nothing else posted in the next 2 weeks im buying regular tickets

Unless I'm reading you wrong I think you might be confused. I almost made the same mistake until I read closer. The $339 is not an upgraded ticket with VIP access. It is just the VIP access. You still need to get the $269 ticket to get into Coachella and then the $339 pass on top of that to get into the VIP area.

tessalasset
01-31-2010, 10:38 PM
It doesn't get you into the venue faster.

I don't think this is totally true. In the past, I believe VIP has had their own entrance at the front gate.

tessalasset
01-31-2010, 10:39 PM
And yeah just to reiterate what Lame Story said, Jappy, you're looking at $600 for VIP tickets for one person.

JappyChan
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
And yeah just to reiterate what Lame Story said, Jappy, you're looking at $600 for VIP tickets for one person.

your paying a extra 339 dollars to have your own bathroom and a couch >.>

and maybe a chance for you to get in the venue faster -___-

i just have to say that couch has to be pretty freakin comfortable

miscorrections
02-03-2010, 12:13 PM
The couches are generally full up.

psychic friend
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Here is my cut and paste reply to the VIP question

VIP upgrade includes access to additional food and beverage vendors, comfortable seating and private restroom facilities. The VIP area is adjacent to the main stage. Still must also purchase a festival pass. Check out this Coachella message board thread about the VIP area: http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1525458&postcount=15

Marsell74
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Hello,,,,, I m from Costa Rica and I m planning to go there, so basically if I want to go to the VIP area I have to pay $269 + $339 VIP pass? Is that correct? or it is only the $339 ?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

gaypalmsprings
02-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Hello,,,,, I m from Costa Rica and I m planning to go there, so basically if I want to go to the VIP area I have to pay $269 + $339 VIP pass? Is that correct? or it is only the $339 ?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

All that plus fees.

oyeloca
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
once you go to a vip bathroom theres no going back

GaragePoet
02-04-2010, 09:29 PM
once you go to a vip bathroom theres no going back

unless there's playboy bunnies to wipe your ass for you, how could it be worth it?

ballroomdancer22
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Monk will provide soothing discreet massages if your inclined to be caressed by the soft touch of swollen sausage fingers

lickety_spit
02-05-2010, 12:11 AM
you shouldn't upgrade to vip.
you should just find vip wristbands on the ground like i do every year.

mittens4kittens
02-05-2010, 07:11 AM
I would never pay for one, but I got hooked up with passes for all 3 days last year... taking a shit in an air conditioned, real bathroom FTW

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
The only benefit I see is possibly seeing celebrities and getting access to hard alcohol. Oh and the couches. I'm really bad at recognizing or talking to celebrities and I don't drink, so there's really no benefit for me. Oh, except the couches. :poo

billtino
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I've never been inside the VIP area, but from the sounds of it, you guys should really revamp this whole VIP option. My suggestions are:
1. VIP Parking
2. VIP Entrance (this may already exist)
3. Include one or two bottles of liquor
4. Have some 1/2 naked bimbo to cater my every need
5. Closed circuit tv to all the venues
6. Include the 3 day wristband w/ VIP fees
7. Increase the VIP fees to at least $1500
8. Oh and happy endings would be nice too

Yeah, I basically am saying to pimp it out table service style, like at a Vegas night club. I see people every weekend paying $1500-$25,000 for a stupid table + couch with bottles that cost $40 at Albertsons but magically are now $400-$600...and many are repeat customers. So there are people that would pay this, you just gotta improve on your offerings a bit.

psychic friend
02-05-2010, 10:59 AM
coachella is not about vip. its only there to appease the entitled.

menikmati
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
You can pee in a toilet that is not used by naked wizards.

billtino
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
You can pee in a toilet that is not used by naked wizards.

oh really?

http://gossipandgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Daniel-Radcliffe-Nude-in-Equus.jpg

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM
VIP gets you into a special fenced off area that has couches in the shade, misters, unique food options and a bar complete with hard alcohol, beer and wine (the beer gardens only sell Heineken products (and maybe wine.))

I saw a mixed drink booth in the beer garden next to the Sahara last year that was open to everyone, never actually walked up to it to get a drink so maybe they check if you are vip to order, but i know it was in the beer garden.

miscorrections
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
It's only with soju, not hard liquor.

FirstTimer
02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
This will be my first time at Coachella but it seems to me that it's all about the communal experience and a VIP area would kind of ruin that. I want to be among the common folk. It's like going camping and expecting air condition and clean bathrooms. Defeats the whole purpose. Let's rough it out together and enjoy the view!

elsyium101
02-06-2010, 01:20 PM
yeah it definately doesnt get you closer or get you n faster...but there are no food lines, they do have couches, bathrooms are cleaner some actually flush....they have a a/c liquor lounge......one of the only upsides is that you might get to see someone famous.......i got to meet perry ferrel and his wife one year and my friend saw a drunk hasselhof and john legend....but for the most part i dont think its worth the extra cash lots of artist are walking around as it is you just have to keep your eyes open....

Alchemist559
02-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm also horrible at recognizing celebrities, my wife saw Ja Rule at McDonalds at LAX, she pointed him out and I said it wasn't him, people were getting pictures and autographs, I still have my doubts. in short VIP is a waste to me.

Jankypirate
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
(the beer gardens only sell Heineken products (and maybe wine.))

Not So.

Last year I got thoroughly fucked up on margaritas from a beer garden. I tipped the server well in exchange for double the tequila in each one.

miscorrections
02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
The mixed drinks in the beer gardens, with the exception of the VIP bar, are made with soju.

bluedream
02-14-2010, 11:56 AM
What type of other beers do they serve in V.I.P section. and can you leave the vip section with your beer?

insbordnat
02-14-2010, 01:00 PM
This will be my first time at Coachella but it seems to me that it's all about the communal experience and a VIP area would kind of ruin that. I want to be among the common folk. It's like going camping and expecting air condition and clean bathrooms. Defeats the whole purpose. Let's rough it out together and enjoy the view!

I had VIP last year. I think I spent about 10 minutes total there. Half the people in the VIP don't give a shit about any of the bands, they are just there to be there and lounge in comfort.

It's all about getting filthy dirty in the tents!

insbordnat
02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
What type of other beers do they serve in V.I.P section. and can you leave the vip section with your beer?

You can't leave VIP with beer.

Does it really matter what kind of beer they serve? I mean, let's break it down:

You'll probably drink at the most 16 beers during the day. And that's an awful lot unless you are still in a fraternity or from Wisconsin (or both).

Let's also assume you eat 4 meals there. I guess I'm assuming you are both a drunkard and fatass (not intended to be a sleight).

After all of those beers, you'll be hitting the pisser at least 14 times.

I'm not going to weight any experience more than the other, so add 'em all up and you have 34 "elite" experiences to better beer, nice bathrooms, and better meals (but they really aren't that much better). I'm assuming for this exercise the food/beer prices are the same inside the VIP compared to the outside (which is HIGHLY unlikely).

Therefore $339/34 = about $10. That's $10 more a beer, $10 more a meal, $10 for each trip to the crapper. And I didn't factor in the negatives, such as being about 1/2 mile away from the Sahara/Mojave tent. Yeah, there are some fringe benefits, such as couches (who cares), feeling like "king of the world" (not really), and a nice place to chill during times you feel like kicking it (there's probably some value here, but probably negated by the downsides to being in VIP).

If you have the cash to burn, go for it. That's what it's there for. It's like paying $60 for a Hermes wood pencil (true). It's no better than a Dixon Ticonderoga #2, but if you have enough scratch to light up a wet elephant, buy away.

bluedream
02-14-2010, 01:29 PM
I would never upgrade to VIP for over 300 dollars man. I was just wondering. but thanks for taking the time to break it down for everyone (math and all).

donkey sex
02-17-2010, 03:18 PM
be responsible for celebrities not showing up anymore. Inundate them with questions and use a touchy feely approach. (while their grabbing arm) "wait a minute...you didnt answer my question. You also have a little bit of hair covering your eye that I wanted to help move out of the way. Stay with me"

artisticcreator
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
It's still about the communal aspect of it. I met lots of great people in it last year. Just as many as outside of the VIP.

It was a bummer paying all that money and then they moved the VIP area that was in and next to the Sahara tent the year before, to way out side of it. I had wanted to be close to the stage. That part really sucked. The couches, clean bathroom and better alcohol was good, but not worth the cost if you can't get close to the acts you really want to see.
With in and outs, I'll just bring a bottle, leave it in the car and cruise out there in the late afternoon, cause the SoJo sucks!

beavington
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I had VIP last year. I think I spent about 10 minutes total there. Half the people in the VIP don't give a shit about any of the bands, they are just there to be there and lounge in comfort.

It's all about getting filthy dirty in the tents!

and when you go to the vip area all sweaty and relaxed I felt like people look at you odd like you dont belong there, actually I dont think I do, too far from any stage for me (including the main stage).

Although I got a good spot for Hot Chip in 08 in the VIP area by the Sahara.