View Full Version : Dont steal from coachella

Wakinglife
01-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I tried stealing a few CD's in 08
and got arrested and kicked out

DONT DO IT!!!

icarus
01-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Good call. While you're busy not stealing it's probably nice to not stab people with needles either, or piss on people's shoes. Look at all this great advice.

joppy-slow
01-29-2010, 07:41 PM
What CD's did you try and kife?

invisiblerobots
01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
kife? Please explain.

superfiction
01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
this thread brought to you by
http://www.principalspage.com/theblog/wp-content/uploads//2008/02/commonsense.jpg

lowfront
01-29-2010, 08:07 PM
don't you have the internet

why the fuck would u steal cd's at coachella you asshole

BROKENDOLL
01-29-2010, 08:10 PM
What CD's did you try and kife?
A thief is a thief, does it really matter? They aren't wanted at Coachella.

PrettyRagdoll
01-29-2010, 08:12 PM

DONT DO IT!!!

lol@u

nbvcide
01-29-2010, 08:52 PM
who the fuck even listens to cds anymore? even in '08??

you can have all the music you want for free, and you're stealing cd's???
hell, you can HEAR the best music in the world at the festival you're at, and you're wasting time at the FYE tent????

algunz
01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
"Teen suicide, don't do it."

cormaic
01-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I confess, in 2007 I saw a copy of Travis' "The Boy With No Name" on the ground in the middle of the polo fields, and I took it.

To this day I have not listened to it.

nbvcide
01-29-2010, 10:06 PM
lolz

somewhere some fanboy spent the entire day going back over his tracks desperately trying to find his favorite album of all-time.. lolz

heyeric
01-29-2010, 10:18 PM
don't you have the internet

why the fuck would u steal cd's at coachella you asshole

haha

choice cat
01-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Did you get kicked out for just the day or the rest of the weekend ? haha im sorry but that definitely would go on one of those dumb criminal shows.

jimmycrackcorn
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM

DONT DO IT!!! :laughyou karma

Cammo
01-30-2010, 08:09 AM
lol Thanks for the heads up but more than likely most of the people here know not to steal

marfawkah02
01-30-2010, 08:13 AM
A thief is a thief, does it really matter? They aren't wanted at Coachella.

not true, cuz if someone stole from a bank theyre not taking my money or your money, theyre taking the banks money cuz our money is covered. its the law. fuck the banks is what i say, they rip people off as well. so there is a difference but i agree with you on the dnt steal at coachella

greghead
01-30-2010, 08:30 AM
not true, cuz if someone stole from a bank theyre not taking my money or your money, theyre taking the banks money cuz our money is covered. its the law. fuck the banks is what i say, they rip people off as well. so there is a difference but i agree with you on the dnt steal at coachella

How exactly does this, in any way, back up your assertion? Regardless:

Steal (verb):1. to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, esp. secretly or by force.

joppy-slow
01-30-2010, 08:30 AM
I confess, in 2007 I saw a copy of Travis' "The Boy With No Name" on the ground in the middle of the polo fields, and I took it.

To this day I have not listened to it.

That's actually a great cd.. give it a spin.

joppy-slow
01-30-2010, 08:34 AM

hell, you can HEAR the best music in the world at the festival you're at, and you're wasting time at the FYE tent????

LOLZ..
Note to self.. (Don't steal CD at Coachella this year..)

BROKENDOLL
01-30-2010, 08:37 AM

Would someone be kind enough to explain this stupid theory, please?

PlayaDelWes
01-30-2010, 08:51 AM

Nope.

When people steal from banks, home depot, your house, the record store, coachella, etc.... all the other customers lose out because the premiums on the insurance that covered the theft become higher and higher and the cost of that gets passed onto the consumer.

rskapcat
01-30-2010, 09:08 AM
This thread made me think of Empire Records.

"Rap...metal...rap...metal...Whitney Houston?"

Wakinglife
01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
yeah i know it was definitly not a wise choice
however i don't think i'm an asshole
i was 17
it was my first coachella...
i would never do it again.
i even bought a few cds earlyer that day..i don't know wat was going through my head
luckily it happened sunday

i tried taking animal collective and mum

OnlyNonStranger
01-30-2010, 10:04 AM

It's for my girlfriend!

choice cat
01-30-2010, 10:21 AM
i think marfawkah watched public enemies too many times. when johnny depp explains he is stealing the banks money not the peoples money.

joppy-slow
01-30-2010, 04:09 PM
yeah i know it was definitly not a wise choice
however i don't think i'm an asshole
i was 17
it was my first coachella...
i would never do it again.
i even bought a few cds earlyer that day..i don't know wat was going through my head
luckily it happened sunday

i tried taking animal collective and mum

thank you for your honesty. my sister was a kleptomaniac while I was growing up, and after her 3rd time being caught (within a 7 year span) She stole $250 dollars from some girls purse while she worked at Mervyns. She confessed after a hefty interrogation of all the workers.. She spent a night in jail and had to do a boat load of community service, also paying fines, lawyer fees etc... I learned from her mistakes, that it doesn't pay to steal, unless you are an inside trader on Wall Street or a politician taking kick backs..
I've also had many things stolen from me also. A Jeep Cherokee with $3,000 dollars worth of stereo equipment. Had my car broken into 3 times.. Money stolen out of my wallet at work..

fiopadp7791
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM

Me. You're absoultely right... but me. Well I'm not spending my time in the FYE tent but I haven't made the MP3 switch yet. No worthwhile reason why I haven't. I just live in the stone age that's all. I'm this way with cell phones too. Just graduated from my Zack Morris phone to something a little smaller. By the time the 10th edition of the I-Phone comes out, I'll get the 1st edition.

beavington
02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
"Teen suicide, don't do it."

i think it is teenage suicide, don't do it

obzen
02-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Haha!

elChurro
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
"Why does it always rain on me? Was it because i stole that CD when I was seventeen?"

donkey sex
02-03-2010, 07:40 AM
hey, good song

there are many worse crimes than music theft. Soul stealing is at the top.

C DUB YA
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM

good luck with this free music thing. its very healthy for music.

phonographer
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
I agree. It's never a good idea to steal. I stole the highest seat during YYY's last year and got kicked out for that. So even if it isn't tangible...

ryclopse
02-03-2010, 10:54 AM
thank you for your honesty. my sister was a kleptomaniac while I was growing up...

...I've also had many things stolen from me also. A Jeep Cherokee with $3,000 dollars worth of stereo equipment. Had my car broken into 3 times.. Money stolen out of my wallet at work..

well.

GaragePoet
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
i still buy most CDs, unless i know for a fact that an album is mostly crap & i only want a couple songs... granted, i immediately rip the CDs to my MP3 player & then put 'em on the shelf for display, but i still prefer having an actual collection rather than files that may become lost forever should my computer ever decide to fail...

**JwOx**
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
This thread should go for the campground too... last year got a chair and ice chest stolen.... i mean c'mon man. do people come with nothing planning on stealing the necessary items for coachella camping from their fellow campers or what?

Boourns
03-14-2010, 01:01 AM
I've had a phone, camera, and water bottle stolen at Coachella.

lunatic core
03-14-2010, 01:20 AM
I snatched a Medicine Drum album (Talking Stick) back in 2001 that might have been ment as a free giveaway copy. I didn't ask, and I have always wondered. I listened to it on the trip back, mostly asleep.

Also.. I love buying Cds and its so sad to see stores dying off. Finding a local store while traveling and exploring for rare music is a thrill and its just not the same online.

Cdawg751
03-19-2010, 08:40 AM
are they're any lockers or anything to keep your shit safe? Meh, might as well carry my expensive items in a backpack all festival long. can't really trust some people these days...
:/

zimmy1222
03-19-2010, 10:56 AM
gah... read the FAQ's DAWG.

Radiohead
03-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm sure this question will get a lot of poorly reasoned responses, but you guys do realize that downloading music without paying for it stealing, right?

phonographer
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Yea stealing from corporate snobs. Woo woo!

lickety_spit
03-19-2010, 09:10 PM
this one time, all of my CDs were stolen. i didn't think it was wrong at all for me to download those albums as i had purchased them once before.
& i think that's perfectly reasonable.

Monklish
03-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm sure this question will get a lot of poorly reasoned responses, but you guys do realize that downloading music without paying for it stealing, right?

I don't acknowledge this whatsoever. Go fuck yourself.