PDA

View Full Version : American Idol '07 Thread

Jenniehoo
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Fuck off if you don't like it. No one's interested in hearing negative shit.
Hipster backlash is for losers.
I love good voices no matter where they come from.

So - these are my ponies:

http://myspace-027.vo.llnwd.net/01044/72/08/1044308027_l.jpg
Melinda Doolittle.

http://media.thelot.com/idol/photos/top24boys/19382.jpg
AJ Tabaldo.

Backups being Jordin Sparks and Chris Sligh.

Word up, bitches.

Yablonowitz
02-21-2007, 09:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/yablonowitz/deanween02.jpg

Jenniehoo
02-21-2007, 09:33 PM
That's cute.
Donny, you're out of your lame, mainstream element.

ivankay
02-21-2007, 09:51 PM
This season appears to be one of the "it's obvious who's going to win" seasons (like the Fantasia season). i thought Melinda was awesome, but damn! Lakissa! That was impressive.

The guys sucked.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-21-2007, 10:07 PM
I like Chris Sligh, if for no other reason than he's Jack Osborne with a Wolfmother 'fro!

However, if the winner is not one of the 3 black divas, then the premise is flawed and reality TV is obviously all an illusion...!

Good Days Last
02-21-2007, 11:00 PM
However, if the winner is not one of the 3 black divas, then the premise is flawed and reality TV is obviously all an illusion...!

Haha. Love it.

Mabdul Doobakus
02-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Lakisha's already peaked, if you ask me. Melinda's gonna bring the consistency and win this thing.

This is a repeat of Season 3, for sure, though. All the guys are pointless. And the best singers are all black girls. They will all fight over the same demographic so they won't all make it to the end, but one of them should end up winning.

tessalasset
02-22-2007, 12:04 AM
melinda.

and this is the most boring season i've ever watched. this actually makes last season seem fantastic.

Britney
02-22-2007, 01:07 AM
American Idol is bullshit, what a load of fame-obsessed freaks.

menikmati
02-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Ryan Secrest is scripted.

tessalasset
02-22-2007, 09:57 AM
o rly?

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Fuck off if you don't like it. No one's interested in hearing negative shit.
Hipster backlash is for losers.
I love good voices no matter where they come from.

I don't like the style of singing that judges tend to favor on these talent shows. I mean really, would Thom Yorke, would Bjork win one of these contests? I think not.

tessalasset
02-22-2007, 11:02 AM
this competition isn't for them. this competition is for the celine dions and the mariah careys and the josh grobans of the world.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 11:11 AM
this competition isn't for them. this competition is for the celine dions and the mariah careys and the josh grobans of the world.
Exactly. That's why I don't watch.

nothingman00
02-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh, like "You Raise Me Up" isn't on repeat in your car, zzz. C'mon now. No need to lie.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't know what that is, Zach. I will admit that if a Kelly Clarkson is on the radio, I might leave it on that station and hum a bit. Then I'll switch the channel and hang my head in shame.

leo01g
02-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Did you write this thread to be funny or do you actually watch American Idol?

chunk
02-22-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't like the style of singing that judges tend to favor on these talent shows. I mean really, would Thom Yorke, would Bjork win one of these contests? I think not.

dont you love madonna?

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
dont you love madonna?
No, I don't. I like a couple of her songs though. I tried watching her at Coachella, but it was just too boring to stay there longer than a couple songs.

My sister, however, is a HUGE madonna fan and regrets not getting to see her tour last year.

chunk
02-22-2007, 12:54 PM
No, I don't. I like a couple of her songs though. I tried watching her at Coachella, but it was just too boring to stay there longer than a couple songs.

My sister, however, is a HUGE madonna fan and regrets not getting to see her tour last year.

no sale. i saw you gushing with your smileys earlier.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I adore the Orbital remix of Bedtime Story which apparently Bjork wrote. So fuckin sue me.

chunk
02-22-2007, 12:58 PM
im not going to sue you. im not going to make you feel bad anymore either. or your "sister".

ivankay
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM

You never know. If there was some body out there that entered that had the talent, charisma, and soul of Bjork and Thom Yorke, no way could the show pass up on that. The show has built the huge audience for a variety of reasons. Suprise is one of them. You may think this is a weird example if you don't watch the show and think of it only with hindsight, but the Clay Aiken thing totally came out of left field. Every week i would trip out that this strange, geeky guy had this HUGE voice coming out of him. When i would talk to other Idol watchers about him, that same suprise (and joy of being suprised) would come up. So if some kid out there with a huge Radiohead jones that could sing like a muther fucker (not just good, but great) auditioned and made it to the top 24, i think they could go as far as winning the whole thing.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 01:10 PM
You never know. If there was some body out there that entered that had the talent, charisma, and soul of Bjork and Thom Yorke, no way could the show pass up on that. The show has built the huge audience for a variety of reasons. Suprise is one of them. You may think this is a weird example if you don't watch the show and think of it only with hindsight, but the Clay Aiken thing totally came out of left field. Every week i would trip out that this strange, geeky guy had this HUGE voice coming out of him. When i would talk to other Idol watchers about him, that same suprise (and joy of being suprised) would come up. So if some kid out there with a huge Radiohead jones that could sing like a muther fucker (not just good, but great) auditioned and made it to the top 24, i think they could go as far as winning the whole thing.
Yeah, but by winning that shitty contest, that person would immediately lose credibility, not have a decent back-up band and be a totally fabricated popstar. And they probably wouldn't get to write their own songs. It's just not organic to me.

ivankay
02-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, but by winning that shitty contest, that person would immediately lose credibility, not have a decent back-up band and be a totally fabricated popstar. And they probably wouldn't get to write their own songs. It's just not organic to me.

If that happened, then Clive Davis would all the sudden have turned into a complete moron. If someone like this alternative singing messiah happened and won, i doubt they would get Jennifer Warren to write songs for the cd. The beauty of a potential winner like this is their appeal would be based in their "realness". The audience would fall in love with that and for the Idol machine to try and change that after they won is just bad business (and i don't think anyone has accused them of not being able to make gobs of $$$$).

It probably would be better for the messiah to "lose" like Chris Daughtry did. Losing was way better for him than winning. By coming in third he maintained "cred" (i'm not a fan...he's too much of a pro) and built more love with his fan base by them getting angry at the machine for robbing him. If he won, it wouldn't have been half the story it ended up being.
But if Messiah Thom Bjork won, i'm sure they would make a decent cd to reflect what's apealing about her ot him to the people they want to buy the merchandise.

And non organic can be good. Lots of things can be good.

i know there's a pony in here somewhere.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh, so THAT'S who that Chris Daughtry guy is. My New Times was touting him like he was someone I was supposed to know about. Tev.

ivankay
02-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh, so THAT'S who that Chris Daughtry guy is. My New Times was touting him like he was someone I was supposed to know about. Tev.

You know what? i think given the right circumstances, you (amyzzz) could actually get hooked into the show. Over the years, many haters have entered the debate, only to watch a little here (those bad singers are funny) and a little there (wow! She/he can fucking sing) and next thing you know, they're watching Season 1 on Idol Rewind. Beware amyzzz! (it's one of the best tv's shows in history).

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry, but I don't actually watch TV.

ivankay
02-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Sorry, but I don't actually watch TV.

There's some good stuff on that box. Just as valuable and/or entertaining as any other information or entertainment medium. If you do break down and watch some day, i'm sure you will find pletny to enrich how you pass and grow from the time.

Have you ever watched Idol to the point where you can credibly diss it? i think it's required to see, hear, or read something before you can give a positive or negative review; but that's a big "duh". i've never seen a show like "2 and a Half Men". i suspect it might not be good (friends tell me different), but i can't come out and say it sucks without actually seeing it.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm trying to save money by not buying cable. And I don't know how to hook up or get the rabbit ears/antennae thing to make the TV get regular broadcast TV. I figure I'm better off anyway.

I have watched American Idol in the past, and the fucking judges are so annoying that I really couldn't bear to watch it. And again, I don't like the singing style they go for.

I'm actually really sorry I hijacked your thread, Jennie. Please don't be super angry with me! :/

ivankay
02-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I have watched American Idol in the past, and the fucking judges are so annoying that I really couldn't bear to watch it. And again, I don't like the singing style they go for.

i can respect that.

samiksha
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
there is too much text on this thread and i am losing interest god damn it.

full on idle
02-22-2007, 10:06 PM
I think I missed too many episodes. I should probably wait for the finals. I can be the open-minded cause I'm attached to no one op-ed.

menikmati
02-23-2007, 07:04 AM
I heard they're gonna do a Nirvana night. I'll be sure to vomit.

Mabdul Doobakus
02-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Anyone seen any Antonella Barba pictures lately?

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
The bukkake ones?

Mabdul Doobakus
02-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I had to Wikipedia that, and I learned some very interesting things for my next cocktail party.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
I had to Wikipedia that, and I learned some very interesting things for my next cocktail party.

Always glad to help!

caco0283
02-27-2007, 06:09 PM
the guys really steped it up....man oh man what a show

now if you were on the show what song would you sing this week and who would you dedicate it to

samiksha
02-27-2007, 06:12 PM
so there are pictures on the internet of one of the contestants with a mouthful of cock?

J~$$$
02-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Dear Caco,

yZRL2oIZf88

Well just double click the video...

kimery08
02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
did anyone else notice the panties theyre waving around are mean ass granny panties?

caco0283
03-15-2007, 07:22 AM
i never liked Brandon....i found him scary and am glad he is gone

gaypalmsprings
03-15-2007, 07:25 AM
I'm going to go watch a dress-rehersal of Idol in April (when there are only 8 contestants left). I'm still trying to figure out how to get tickets to the live tapings. Does anyone know how?

I think the bald-headed, blue-eyed, space alien thang needs to get booted.

caco0283
03-22-2007, 09:27 AM
wtf is wrong with votes??? mangina is still on the fucking show and they got rid of Stephanie...mangina has a 13 year old girl to thank for still being here

luckyface
03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
wtf is wrong with votes??? mangina is still on the fucking show and they got rid of Stephanie...mangina has a 13 year old girl to thank for still being here

Perhaps you haven't heard about the voting campaign orchestrated by Howard Stern and VoteForTheWorst.com to vote for Sanjaya. It is huge now.

gaypalmsprings
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I'd like to know the real story of that 13-year-old girl. Did you notice she cried for all the contestants, but they mainly edited it so she was with the Michael Jackson wanna-be.

I can't stand Haley nor the tall bald guy.

caco0283
03-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I'd like to know the real story of that 13-year-old girl. Did you notice she cried for all the contestants, but they mainly edited it so she was with the Michael Jackson wanna-be.

I can't stand Haley nor the tall bald guy.

his name is mangina

La Ferrassie
03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Mangina whispers when she sings, and I think it people are voting for her to end American Idol, because if she wins, mark my words American Idol will be canceled... Just me philosophing.

canexplain
03-22-2007, 02:45 PM
i agree with the first msg on this thread and that is , good music is good music , and now i loose my creditability lol ... but two things i think are interesting ... one, howard stern i guess is trying to get everyone that hears his program, to call in and vote on the worst singer to idol, just to see if they can skew it that way and then the worst singer would win .... lame ... 2nd say what you will, when me and my gal hear people sing now, "real bands" at venues or on tv, we say, yep they would never make it on idol and some of them wouldnt ... just a couple of thoughts ... cr*****

caco0283
03-22-2007, 02:45 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/caco0283/mangina.jpg

mob roulette
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Perhaps you haven't heard about the voting campaign orchestrated by Howard Stern and VoteForTheWorst.com to vote for Sanjaya. It is huge now.

she's a plant. this is fox battling back against the voters who are keeping homedude on the show. she's not paid or anything, but they are definitely using her to show that people REALLY DO LIKE MANGINA.

it seems rather obvious that's what's really going on.

Lounge Fly
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Mangina whispers when she sings, and I think it people are voting for her to end American Idol, because if she wins, mark my words American Idol will be canceled... Just me philosophing.

I hope he stays on just so they keep showing more of his very hot ass sister. I don't listen to Howard Stern anymore(Used to love him but I don't have satelite radio) but if all this stuff is true I think its hilarious. Good times, good times!

ivankay
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Blake Lewis and BT got together:

1sNldAylwQQ