PDA

View Full Version : What's the rule on parental permission/supervision for minors?

abigillygal
01-29-2010, 10:40 AM
I am 17 and a half, and some of my 18 year old friends wanted us all to go to Coachella this year. Unfortunately, my birthday is in July, so I won't be 18 yet. Do I need to have my parents sign some sort of permission form or anything? I know that in the FAQ it says all ages welcome but I couldn't find any more information and this seemed like the sort of thing to check up on, instead of showing up on April 16th and being turned away. Thanks so much!

rskapcat
01-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Before someone comes in and drops a rape-time image, I figured I'd give you a real answer. You should be fine unless you're trying to camp.

psychic friend
01-29-2010, 10:47 AM
In order to camp on site, you must be with a parent or legal guardian. a note from mom does not make a friend over 18 a legal guardian. Try offsite camping.

The festival is all ages.. Only the onsite camping has the age restrictions to camp.

abigillygal
01-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Haha, thank you Becca! But there's absolutely no way we could camp in the on-site camping? Also, where would I go to look at the best options for off-site camping? And do you think you miss out on a lot?

psychic friend
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM
http://coachella.com/event/offsite-camping